Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Trisha said:

Also, that set quote makes me think the thing that the paps always say about his reputation with the crew might not be that far off? 

7 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Also I guess Stephen basically confirmed for us all that he is indeed an asshole to the crew on set. And an unapologetic one at that. 

The impression I get is he doesn't put up with what he sees as wasted time which sounds like it includes small talk - at least while the clock is ticking. 

Actors that come in and work with him stress he's very professional.  So I doubt he's totally unreasonable but probably like we've guessed before that his perfectionist tendencies come out on top of not wanting to stand around waiting. 

So he's probably fine if you are running on time and on top of your game or there's a reasonable reason for a delay but probably lets loose what he thinks if he thinks his time is being wasted. 

I bet he'd also not be too silent about any cast members that possibly had issues with being on time or showing up prepared.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Whoa this is absolutely fascinating in a train wreck kinda way.

I wonder if he loves current wife at all and in what kind of way? You'd think after how many years and a kid together he'd grow fond of her even if he did settle for her. She seems very suited to him. Did he say anything nice about her besides the fact that she's pretty and likes sports cuz I didn't see it? 

No. He didn’t say anything ugly about her either, he just didn’t mention her. It was CH who brought her and Mavi up, and was very complimentary. 

Since CH obliquely refers to his divorce, I finally reached the conclusion that this came about because he and SA started talking about that this weekend. And I guess SA might have tried to offer help by sharing his experience, so that was very fresh in his mind and this interview/public oversharing happened. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Since CH obliquely refers to his divorce, I finally reached the conclusion that this came about because he and SA started talking about that this weekend. And I guess SA might have tried to offer help by sharing his experience, so that was very fresh in his mind and this interview/public oversharing happened. 

Of course I can't say they didn't talk about it privately - they may very well have - but I don't think that's how it comes across in the podcast. Of course your mileage may vary but SA really literally brings up his divorce as an "aside" when complimenting Michael Rosenbaum and then keeps reverting back to it even after CH's mentioned his current wife and they talk about things like dating assholes. I thought it more came across as SA talking about it because he needed/wanted to for his own sake, LOL. 

Definitely an odd, oversharing podcast. 

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2

If Stephen was drunk, it could also explain Arrow not doing that last interview (was that EW or TV Line, I can't remember).  I'm not sure when the podcast recording happened but if it was later in the afternoon it could be the reason Arrow skipped that interview and the host just didn't want to single out SA and so said OTA instead. 

Unless the image is flipped, going by SA's watch in this pic the interview must have taken place around 2.15 or 2.35pm ish.

Djcah4oU0AAMVir.jpg

I'm guessing that the podcast took place while the cast took these (below),  which is also when EBR and Cassandra took some photos together. This was right before the WB booth signing. 

tumblr_pcrszckvRx1qazmsxo1_1280.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Of course I can't say they didn't talk about it privately - they may very well have - but I don't think that's how it comes across in the podcast. Of course your mileage may vary but SA really literally brings up his divorce as an "aside" when complimenting Michael Rosenbaum and then keeps reverting back to it even after CH's mentioned his current wife and they talk about things like dating assholes. I thought it more came across as SA talking about it because he needed/wanted to for his own sake, LOL. 

Definitely an odd, oversharing podcast. 

It was my guessing that they could have talked about it privately before this. I said straight off he jumped to this topic unprovoked. They didn't even mention Michael Rosenbaum so that he might have gone, oh, you know what I talked about with him? This was all Steve bringing it up. I just meant that it's possible that there was a conversation going on privately earlier that brought this to the forefront of his mind. 

Of course I don't know if it happened that way, I'm just spitballing it might have. I have too many theories about that entire situation anyhow. 

• Love 1

For those of you who have been around longer was he funny about the ex wife in the past as well or does he seem more odd about it now? 

Lol the most juicy goss to come out of SDCC imo!

ETA: I knew he had an axe to grind with ex wife about starving artist thing! But this makes me think he still cries about her or something! 

Edited by Mellowyellow

There was a point where he talked about her sporadically, I want to say at cons, but I really can't be sure anymore. This after what seemed like a long while of covering up being previously married at all. 

• Love 3

Yeah, @bijoux is right. SA has mentioned an ex before but has always been careful to refer to it as "a long term relationship". There was a documentary - about arching, I think? One of his friends made it years ago - in which they referred to that SA had gotten divorced because they knew him during that time, but the mention came from a friend of his and SA never commented on it, though I recall a few of us on this board bringing it up. 

This is the first time he's actually publicly said he's divorced. I'm guessing since Michael Rosenbaum asked him about it directly, he feels the cat is out of the bag. Seemed to open some floodgates, LOL.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Yeah, @bijoux is right. SA has mentioned an ex before but has always been careful to refer to it as "a long term relationship". There was a documentary - about arching, I think?

Yeah, there was a Canadian documentary a few years ago that aired here called Reelside. It was about the film industry and was made by a guy who used to be on the Arrow crew, so one of he segments was about SA’s journey into acting. In the doc’s voiceover the narrator mentioned he moved to LA to pursue acting after getting divorced, but SA never publicly commented on it. Here’s a clip from it (though I couldn’t find that part):

The first time I heard about it is when he when out for a drink with some super fans after an con, he told them about it (and made her sound really bad, if I recall), and they tweeted about it. 

I think the theory that he says something about it in Michael’s upcoming podcast is solid. It’s like he was trying to get ahead of it. He brought it up out of no where and then kept bringing it up. Colton even tried to save him by attempting to divert the conversation to how wonderful his current wife is, and talking about all the stuff he’s going through instead, but weirdly Anna didn’t take the bait. (It was a terrible interview. She shouldn’t have tried to do her weird character improv stuff because they didn’t get it, and she never followed up whenever they said something interesting.) Grant’s segment came off much better because it was more straight forward - plus he sounded lovely. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The first time I heard about it is when he when out for a drink with some super fans after an con, he told them about it (and made her sound really bad, if I recall), and they tweeted about it. 

Yeah, I've only ever heard him speak negatively about her - if this interview is an overcorrection for what he said on MR's podcast, I'm morbidly curious about what he said on there that made him think he needed to swing so hard the other way. 

My only other explanation, and it's not really one I buy at all but if we were to spitball,  is that given Anna Fariss is going through a public divorce and has been quite open and public about how painful that was/has been that perhaps Stephen was trying to find some common ground or felt more receptive to talking about it to someone he perceives can relate to what he went through.

But yeah....like I said I don't think I really buy into that and I'm just reaching for alternative theories. 

From what I’ve watched of his podcast, MIchael Rosenbaum is a good interviewer. He is very laid back and conversational. I could see SA being really comfortable and opening up about his divorce. 

I wasn’t planning on paying attention to his sit down with MR, but now I am. 

• Love 1

FYI: Marvel's recap of the July 19th SDCC panel titled "Shattering Stereotypes: Badass Female Scientists in the Lab and on the Screen" - Arrow writer Sarah Tarkoff was part of this panel but isn't mentioned in this article...

How Real Life Badass Female Scientists Shatter Stereotypes Onscreen
PUBLISHED JULY 30, 2018 BY JENN FUJIKAWA
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/how-real-life-badass-female-scientists-shatter-stereotypes-onscreen

Comic-Con brought together a group made up of creative teams in entertainment and women in science for the panel "Shattering Stereotypes: Badass Female Scientists in the Lab and on the Screen." 

Female scientists are becoming more and more prominent in pop culture, and it is more important than ever for women in science see themselves represented onscreen and to let future generations of scientists and creatives see their future.

Characters like Shuri in Marvel Studios' “Black Panther” and Agent Jemma Simmons on “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” show different aspects of how working in science is and can be, an attainable goal for young women looking towards the field of S.T.E.M.. 

“Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” producers Monica Owusu-Breen and Nora Zuckerman knew that seeing Fitz and Simmons on the ABC Marvel series was an important influence in raising interest in science. Fitz and Simmons are the heart of the show, and Simmons plays a huge part in breaking stereotypes. Instead of just spitting out lines and scientific facts, she’s questioning and curious. Owusu-Breen observed, “Even if Simmons finds something disgusting, she still finds joy in discovery.”
As the chairperson of the San Diego professional chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers, [Shirley] Reese knows the importance of seeing “Black Panther” on the big screen. “Shuri made me want to go back 10 years and do all the stuff that people told me was not possible to do," said Reese. "Now when I go to work, I am so invigorated because I see young women that are coming behind me, that are just going to do such outstanding things. And that’s such an inspiration to me, it makes me want to continue on.”

Edited by tv echo

I'm really curious about what story got CH so angry yesterday? The only one I can see is the E! News story I linked to upthread, which was just a write through about his comments on the podcast. Maybe it was the bit at the end with the unnamed source?

Earlier this month, Colton and Jeff sparked reconciliation rumors after the pair was spotted reuniting at a Los Angeles airport. We're told they were returning from Vancouver where they celebrated Colton's birthday over the weekend.

As for where there relationship stands today, they are both trying to keep things private.

"Friends say Colton has been struggling greatly with grief since this loss of his mother earlier this year, however Jeff and Colton have remained in touch off and on since their split," a source previously told E! News. "Friends say Colton's mother's surprising death put the couple's marriage in turmoil just months after the marriage, leading to Colton to end things."

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Six years ago today EBR shot her first scene for Arrow.

Happy Day That Changed Everything! I still marvel at the legend that is EBR.

Djp6IxNW0AEzq1l.jpg

• Love 15

I spend a lot of time being critical about the decisions TPTB make, but in this case, I have to give them credit for quickly recognizing what a gem they found in EBR and for knowing how to utilize her/Felicity to make the show better. It was pretty brave of them to dump their initial concept of centering the show around Oliver-Laurel-Tommy and taking advantage of the natural chemistry between Oliver-Felicity-Diggle.

Also, I really like this compilation of the story about filming Felicity's first scene:

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

So is she on a super long break from filming, or posting old photos, or two different camping weekends? Trying to work out how this impacts Felicity's role on the show =/= my interest in the show.

That is near Vancouver and its a long weekend in BC, since they are off on Monday. I dont get how this means she is not filming when she spends time with friends on Saturday.

I think they just enjoying the summer days they got left in Vancouver. Seems her and her friends are doing a bike ride around Vancouver for the weekend. 

KS4XckgQ (1).jpg

vnJAsNMr.jpg

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 3

And for all we know she could get up early to go paddle and then still head into work that day.  Girl has energy, lol. 

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Omg that butt is wow. I have no words! Hehe I zoomed in the pic several times ?

How does she keep all the stuff on that board? I'd be dropping it all over the ocean!

I know!  I see pictures of her with a backpack and her cup of coffee (and half that time HER DOG!) and I just can't figure out how she has that kind of confidence she's not going to fall in.  I'd get it if she was in a canoe, but a paddleboard??    

At Comic Con Honolulu - KL's panel was on Friday (rescheduled from Sunday) so it's over already, while KH's panel is today (Sunday) - some cute social media interaction between them...

Edited by tv echo
11 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

That was my question - was it the same group or two different weekends? Just curious. Thanks for answering :)

I guess the two paddle board pictures are from two different occasions, not sure if she posted them right away or not, but that doesn't mean much I don't think, especially when she's still in Vancouver. She's not always on set everyday in the way SA is/used to be and I guess some episodes use her more than others. If in 2-3 weeks it seems like she's not or barely been on set, then is the time to consider her role in the early part of this season. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I guess the two paddle board pictures are from two different occasions, not sure if she posted them right away or not, but that doesn't mean much I don't think, especially when she's still in Vancouver. She's not always on set everyday in the way SA is/used to be and I guess some episodes use her more than others. If in 2-3 weeks it seems like she's not or barely been on set, then is the time to consider her role in the early part of this season. 

Not sure Stephen is filming much these days.

It looks like Onalee Hunter (formerly, a Last Ship writer) has indeed joined the Arrow writers room, although on her facebook page, she describes herself as a "co-exec producer" on Arrow from "May 2018 to present"...

Edited by tv echo

I think Beth’s No Spoilers policy has influenced the casts social media, no one is posting from set. Add that to the paps not saying anything. It’s been impossible to tell who is filming much. 

• Love 2

Its easy to tell when Stephen is filming because they use the Riverview hospital for those scenes. Probably do all of his scenes in 1 or 2 days. Especially since that building is also used by the Riverdale crew. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

It looks like Onalee Hunter (formerly, a Last Ship writer) has indeed joined the Arrow writers room, although on her facebook page, she describes herself as a "co-exec producer" on Arrow from "May 2018 to present"...

Hasn't it been the practice of Arrow to give some of their more senior writers co-exec credit? I feel like I've seen that since S1.

13 hours ago, Chaser said:

The city of Vancouver should sponsor her IG. 

It really should. I've been twice in spring and once in winter and loved it every time. But Emily's IG has convinced me I have to go in the summer. It's even more gorgeous than usual.

• Love 4

Remember this Arrow writers room blueprint? I think we can identify all of the writers for S7 now...

Sarah = Sarah Tarkoff
Tonya = Tonya Kong (NEW)
Oscar = Oscar Balderrama
Becky = Rebecca Rosenberg (NEW)
Beth = EP/showrunner Beth Schwartz
Jeane = Jeane Wong
Liz = Elizabeth Kim
Maya = Maya Houston (NEW)
Jill = Jill Blankenship (NEW)
Ben/Deric = Benjamin Rabb (NEW) and Deric A. Hughes (NEW)
TBD = Onalee Hunter Hughes (NEW)
Emilio = Emilio Ortega Aldrich
Rebecca = Rebecca Bellotto

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

One last Pedowitz quote, as reported by Danielle Turchiano: "The CW prides itself on supporting the vision of the showrunners. You hire showrunners to do their job and as long as it's not violating any sort of FCC rules for the stations, we will continue to support them to do that."

Berlanti's up right now, but he's only talking about his new show, All American. There are panels later for that, Crazy-Ex Girlfriend, Riverdale, Charmed, and Legacies, but no Arrowverse shows.

Edited by KenyaJ