Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

You know, for what Adam has been through, being shot and burned in a lake or something like that, and retrofitted to a new face and body, then being blown up, being constantly on the lam or in recovery, it sure is doing wonders for his rejuvenation.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, taavir40 said:

so what do you think of Mark Grossman as Adam ?

No real opinion until I see his performance. But I’m pleased he’s the right age. And that he’s not that other actor who used to play him.

Who is Rebecca?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bannana said:

You know, for what Adam has been through, being shot and burned in a lake or something like that, and retrofitted to a new face and body, then being blown up, being constantly on the lam or in recovery, it sure is doing wonders for his rejuvenation.

I'm thinking I should try it since this low carb diet I'm on isn't working......

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, miamama said:

No real opinion until I see his performance. But I’m pleased he’s the right age. And that he’s not that other actor who used to play him.

Who is Rebecca?

That's Rebecca Barlow, some hotshot makeup blogger that the greatest CEO in the world, Phyllis, snagged to promote some Jabot product - BugBeGone or something - and she is one of those "powerful women who know what they want and go after it" that Phyllis thinks are so HAWT because she's delusional enough to think that's her.

In this case, what Rebecca Barlow wanted was Nick - which proves what an idiot she really must be - and Phyllis wanted to pimp him out to Rebecca in exchange for Rebecca bloviating good things about Phyllis as the greatest CEO in her blog.  Nick, being the essential horndog that he is, agreed and it was all systems go until Phyllis decided it wasn't.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, boes said:

That's Rebecca Barlow, some hotshot makeup blogger that the greatest CEO in the world, Phyllis, snagged to promote some Jabot product - BugBeGone or something - and she is one of those "powerful women who know what they want and go after it" that Phyllis thinks are so HAWT because she's delusional enough to think that's her.

In this case, what Rebecca Barlow wanted was Nick - which proves what an idiot she really must be - and Phyllis wanted to pimp him out to Rebecca in exchange for Rebecca bloviating good things about Phyllis as the greatest CEO in her blog.  Nick, being the essential horndog that he is, agreed and it was all systems go until Phyllis decided it wasn't.  

Thank you! So is this a new pic? Is this woman back? 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

Thank you! So is this a new pic? Is this woman back? 

I hope not.

I think this is from a couple of months ago but it was such a squicky storyline I missed as much of it as I could.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

I totally blocked this out of my mind...or fast forwarded through it.

Same diff.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, boes said:

I hope not.

I think this is from a couple of months ago but it was such a squicky storyline I missed as much of it as I could.

apparently it is new as one of the spoilers i just read said that nick reconnects with rebecca barlow....

guess the writers are tossing spaghetti at the fridge again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

BugBeGone or something

Thanks Countrygirl!  Now I can tell my friends what Coca Cola feels like coming through my nose.  all over my keyboard!  Having to explain to my boss!😅

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

Adam is not gonna be eith the young set. That's laughable 

I see show is building up the 20something and 30something crowd, so change is afoot.

Colleen dated JT. Then JT hooked up with Victoria. All weird with respect to ages since Victoria had been with Colleen’s dad Brad. Billy was born when Heather Tom played Victoria. Even with Billy’s SORASING Victoria was a grown up during the Glow by Jabot years (and Phyllis was middle aged). Phyllis and Nick’s relationship brought her into an age group younger than her. And Philly (which was a joke in every way) went even further.

All this to say I expect to see many characters, including Adam, mix it up in the next year and age will not be an issue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

I see show is building up the 20something and 30something crowd, so change is afoot.

Colleen dated JT. Then JT hooked up with Victoria. All weird with respect to ages since Victoria had been with Colleen’s dad Brad. Billy was born when Heather Tom played Victoria. Even with Billy’s SORASING Victoria was a grown up during the Glow by Jabot years (and Phyllis was middle aged). Phyllis and Nick’s relationship brought her into an age group younger than her. And Philly (which was a joke in every way) went even further.

All this to say I expect to see many characters, including Adam, mix it up in the next year and age will not be an issue.

I get what you're saying but it's a stupid trope and it can only degrade a character like Adam. And Josh Griffith should know better! Adam is not like that, he's strong, ruthless and scheming but deep down he has a heart and loves his family. He would never abandon Chelsea and Connor. I think that if they write him carefully and we'll be able to see our dearly-departed Adam in this new actor, then the things will turn out fine. If not, they'll just piss off the entire fan base.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

I get what you're saying but it's a stupid trope and it can only degrade a character like Adam. And Josh Griffith should know better! Adam is not like that, he's strong, ruthless and scheming but deep down he has a heart and loves his family. He would never abandon Chelsea and Connor. I think that if they write him carefully and we'll be able to see our dearly-departed Adam in this new actor, then the things will turn out fine. If not, they'll just piss off the entire fan base.

osh griffith has wrote for Adam for 3 years  he reintroduced Adam back in 2008. YOUNG. MAB cast MM which aged him up. Josh wrote for Adam in 2008 and 2012 and 2013. So he knows what hes doing. Im gonna give mark a chance.

• Love 4

Nick reconnects with Rebecca Barlowe? Who in the hell was clamoring for that? I’m far more interested in finding out what led to Nick losing his belly button and Billy generously donating a nostril so that his rival could once again have a navel. What a tale that must be!

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Aaron Newton said:

He looks different in this pic. Maybe a bit older? (the magic of make-up and costumes). I like it, this could work!

I told you lol. Did you know Kerry's actress is 25 but Kerry is 35. And Gina is 10 years younger than the other phyllis. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

I told you lol. Did you know Kerry's actress is 25 but Kerry is 35. And Gina is 10 years younger than the other phyllis. 

And is an actual, not pretend, human being!  That little change was supposed to give Phyllis a whole new dimension but sadly, it doesn't seem to have made much real difference......

• Love 15

This is the shows description of Adam in the casting call 

stunningly handsome" and "supremely confident" man who has "obsessive ambition" and is "willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants."

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

This being Adam Newman, there's a non-zero change of one large portion of fandom being upset no matter how it pans out.

That said, abandonment isn't quite his style, I agree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

This being Adam Newman, there's a non-zero change of one large portion of fandom being upset no matter how it pans out.

That said, abandonment isn't quite his style, I agree.

I'd like  a ruthless Adam but with the

Spoiler

dark secret that Chels was somehow killed while on the run. At least THAT would explain his darkness and anger.  (big problem always with Adam was there was no real reason for his bitterness)

• Love 8
On 3/28/2019 at 5:25 PM, bannana said:

If they really want to grab the 20-30-somethings, they should just write Adam as a vampire and be done with it. He’s been killed and brought back enough to qualify. 😁

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

Wouldn’t bringing Adam back as a vampire be overkill with Cane already on the show? Of course, Cane is proving to be more of an energy vampire, sucking the very life out of every scene and slowly eroding the audience’s will to live. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

eremy: Cheer up, things could be worse

Sandy: Go away, Jeremy

Jeremy: Just hear me out. There are other ways you could look at your situation. Ok, step back. Think things through. You're actually in a better place.

Sandy: Right, of course. How could I not see that?

Jeremy: Once everybody hates you, it puts all the pressure off. It's kind of figurative, cathartic even. It's like finding out you're broke or you got six months to live.

Sandy: What a jovial little psychopath you are? Maybe some of us don't like being an outcast.

Jeremy:  (Laughs) But yet you end up falling back into our pariah pool.

Sandy: Not my choice.

Jeremy: You don't think so? Happens once, it could have been a mistake - sure. Twice, sort of twist of faith but three times? Hm Hm, that's pure love baby. You're drawn to us. Kinda like a kitten is drawn to its mother's teeth.

Sandy: You're gonna pretend you know me, but you don't.

Jeremy: Wanna bet? Take my advice. Embrace the isolation. Feel good about the control it gives you because it's not easy making enemies, it's a gift. Imagine Nothing to get someone to the point of absolute fury and disgust, now that's power. No, no, no - do I say, it's godlike.

Sandy: Like your many complexes to be sure.

Jeremy: No argument. I would take hatred over apathy any day. Being hated puts me in the driver's set. Gives me the winning hand. Do you see what I am saying? Because there's nothing else they can do to hurt me and that makes me invincible. So yeah sure, god-complex if you will. But at least I can do anything I want. Do you see my point? 

New Scene

Jeremy: Don't be scared!

Sandy: Hard not to be considering.

Jeremy: Look I'm the one that should be startled, I came to believe this moment will never happen. You look beautiful. 

Sandy: Please, red cheeks, runny nose, windswept hair...I don't think so.

Jeremy: You're perfect, always. Especially with the windswept hair.

Sandy: Don't!

Jeremy: Look, I understand you're angry.

Sandy: I'm not. I'm confused that's all. Why did you call? What made you reach out now?

Jeremy: The weight of regret.

Sandy: How? But I'm not buying. You don't regret things, Jeremy. You take what you need, you do what you have to and then you move on like you did with me.

Jeremy: Look, I know and I am sorry. But would you believe me that I've changed?

Sandy: Not for a minute.

Jeremy: Ok, that's fair. But I am trying. I wanna be the person you want me to be.

Sandy: Come on, I don't want you to be anyone than who you are, just not me.

Jeremy: Come on, we can change the world together - you know that. Sandy, we're the perfect pair.

Sandy: You can't charm your way back into my heart.

Jeremy: I bet you I can.

Sandy: That's a bet you'll lose.

Jeremy: Is It? Because I love you. I love you, Sandy. Every moment. I didn't even realize this very moment right here standing, looking at you with those heartbroken eyes. Just say you love me too. Just stop fighting it. Don't hold back, just say it and maybe you'll start believing it.

The script they used for Adams auditions

• Useful 3
38 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

what the show describes of New Adam 
" He’s got an impressive resume, is a rugged 6’1″ and the perfect age to romance anyone in Genoa City from 25 to 55."

...And since it's Adam that includes Devon and Nate and Ashley????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Gad, wouldn't it be great if new pretty Adam was 'helping' himself to Ash and swiping Jabot's products back for His buddy Jack.

.....but no

Nooo not since Adam caused her miscarriage after gaslighting her 

• Love 2

Please don't put Jack back with Phyllis; I like the actress, but can we please give her and her "hot" romances a break? Can't she be by herself for just awhile? How hard can it be for the show to hire an actress who would play well off of Jack?  There are quite a few of them, I think, especially popular ones from defunct soaps.  They probably would not cost a bundle.  Show could combine the money they paid the Arturo and Mia actors. Jack and Phylllis, part 200.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Gad, wouldn't it be great if new pretty Adam was 'helping' himself to Ash and swiping Jabot's products back for His buddy Jack.

.....but no

Come on! You know we can’t have nice things 😉 Apparently neither can Jack 🙄

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

It’s funny that the Lola actor was thinking about peanut butter while doing the coma thing. I was also thinking about peanut butter. And Summer. Together.

Victoria is getting a new love interest? Sharon and Rey are hitting the sheets? Nostrils and Neck Jut are no longer the only couple allowed to sexay their bony butts all over town? It’s a new era indeed. Whhhheeeee!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Did anyone ask for a Stitch return?

Especially not, since any time any of us has a hankering for a little Poppin' Fresh, 

we can pick up a package at pretty much any supermarket anywhere.

It's what's NOT for dinner.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9