Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Good point! I think Chloe would be furious to hear that her plan didn't work. But on the other hand, she supposedly has a happy life with Kevin and their daughter, Bella, away from GC. It's not worth it to give all that up just to stick it to Adam. And coming back to GC she would face at least attempted murder charges because of the cabin blast, so again, jail time. It's not worth it when she has the perfect cover (everyone thinks she's dead) and she gets to keep her family and life. I mean, Delia will still be dead no matter what happens to Adam but being there for Bella and raising her in a family with both parents weights a bit more, in my opinion.

@taavir40 This whole "Adam returns" gossip is just gossip, at this point. I hardly believe they are reviving him, let alone already finding an actor to play the part... Personally, I'm still waiting for a confirmation from the network, or at least an interview with Josh Griffith, to have a definitive confirmation. So until then, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.. 🙂

SOD confirmed it. Justin hartley Confirmed it, SID confirmed it, DC confirmed it. SoNews Confirmed it. they put out the casting call so idk why your in such denial over this when these sites get their news from the soaps themselves. they aren't allowed to post stuff that is not true. I would get it if it was CDL reporting this but these are legit sites. If it was a rumor SOD would say so. Justin hartley also said it was happening

Edited by taavir40
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, taavir40 said:

SOD confirmed it. Justin hartley Confirmed it, SID confirmed it, DC confirmed it. SoNews Confirmed it. they put out the casting call so idk why your in such denial over this when these sites get their news from the soaps themselves. they aren't allowed to post stuff that is not true. I would get it if it was CDL reporting this but these are legit sites. If it was a rumor SOD would say so. Justin hartley also said it was happening

Okay, let's hope that it's true and he is indeed coming back.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Okay, let's hope that it's true and he is indeed coming back.

I hope im not sounding rude lol
but if SOD and Daytime confidential and justin hartley said it i think were good!
But i agree we have been burned many times in the past with Adam returns news so i get it

• Love 5

You're not sounding rude. I'm just skeptical when it comes to these sources because Daytime Confidential also reported the return of Adam back in May 2017 and it didn't happen. At that time a number of male actors, among them Jason Shane Scott and Jason Gerhardt were proclaimed by Jaime Giddens to have auditioned for the role but neither one of them was cast and it was never confirmed that the casting was for Adam. As for Justin Hartley, I believe that he heard the rumours just like everybody else. I don't think that he has any inside news from CBS/Y&R.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1

You're not sounding rude. I'm just skeptical when it comes to these sources because Daytime Confidential also reported the return of Adam back in May 2017 and it didn't happen. At that time a number of male actors, among them Jason Shane Scott and Jason Gerhardt were proclaimed by Jaime Giddens to have auditioned for the role but neither one of them was cast and it was never confirmed that the casting was for Adam. As for Justin Hartley, I believe that he heard the rumours just like everybody else. I don't think that he has any inside news from CBS/Y&R.

Well
They were looking for an Adam back than. Mal tried many times. Its never been not a priorty just very hard to cast. atleast from what i've been told

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

Well
They were looking for an Adam back than. Mal tried many times. Its never been not a priorty just very hard to cast. atleast from what i've been told

That's strange, because before Mal Young, then HW Sally Sussman officially killed Adam off, back in November 2016 in an interview. Afterwards, Mal Young shut down any rumors and refused any talk about Adam in August 2017 when he took over the EP/HW role so I was under the impression that they blacklisted the character for good.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

That's strange, because before Mal Young, then HW Sally Sussman officially killed Adam off, back in November 2016 in an interview. Afterwards, Mal Young shut down any rumors and refused any talk about Adam in August 2017 when he took over the EP/HW role so I was under the impression that they blacklisted the character for good.

Its just a very hard role to cast. But i still get your Worry. I want him back and i hope all this is true. I trust SOD but we will see

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

Its just a very hard role to cast. But i still get your Worry. I want him back and i hope all this is true. I trust SOD but we will see

I agree with you, the actor needs a certain charisma in order to appeal to the viewers. I heard some rumours about Andy Shephard being cast in the role but I just hope it's not true. I don't think he would make a good Adam.

• Love 1

I agree with you, the actor needs a certain charisma in order to appeal to the viewers. I heard some rumours about Andy Shephard being cast in the role but I just hope it's not true. I don't think he would make a good Adam.

i just hope the actor is good. But not too good he leaves like JH. Because i think this will be the last Adam. I wouldnt want to work to cast another guy when we had 4 in the span of 6 years.

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

i just hope the actor is good. But not too good he leaves like JH. Because i think this will be the last Adam. I wouldnt want to work to cast another guy when we had 4 in the span of 6 years.

Well, we had three actors in the span of 8 years, leaving out the child actors: Chris Engen (2008-2009), Michael Muhney (2009-2014), Justin Hartley (2014-2016). Another recast is risky but doable and I agree, it should be the final one. If you get more actors for a character, you risk watering down that character's personality, like they did with Billy, who was played by God knows how many actors by now, all relatively different from each other. I mean how the hell did they think Burgess Jenkins would work after they gave us Billy Miller, who was a god in that role?? And David Tom just didn't cut it as adult Billy, he was great as teen Billy but as a vindictive grieving father, no, just no.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Well, we had three actors in the span of 8 years, leaving out the child actors: Chris Engen (2008-2009), Michael Muhney (2009-2014), Justin Hartley (2014-2016). Another recast is risky but doable and I agree, it should be the final one. If you get more actors for a character, you risk watering down that character's personality, like they did with Billy, who was played by God knows how many actors by now, all relatively different from each other. I mean how the hell did they think Burgess Jenkins would work after they gave us Billy Miller, who was a god in that role?? And David Tom just didn't cut it as adult Billy, he was great as teen Billy but as a vindictive grieving father, no, just no.

i'm just hoping its true. SOD kisses Y&Rs Ass so i don't think they would lie lol. But its probably gonna take a long time. if what Soap Opera news said wasn't true. But if they are...I wonder who they picked in a month and a half

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I can't wait to see the takedown. Who's it gonna be? Bets?

Phyllis.

She breathes on him.  

If only he'd had a junior mint........

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That would be sweet. I know the cabin has a fireplace, wouldn't it be funny if Drinki whacks him again?

To bad Phyliss is not there. I figure when JT drops to the floor again, she would yell  "Let's just cut up the body!" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

is that another house behind jt?  that's new.

LOL  wonder if jt knocked out a guard and took their clothes...🤣

7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You totally called it!

I thought maybe he was working as a mall cop in between deaths.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

I'm curious, what do you think was Mal's initial idea with this story?

3 hours ago, taavir40 said:

While JT was talking to the ladies. He was holding his head in pain. I think their going brain tumor route

Also, when JT first returned, wasn't he popping some kind of pills, as if he had a terrible headache? Or maybe taking some sort of medication that was making him violent--in fact, wasn't there some discussion (between Mac and Victoria maybe) about JT having been taking medication for some past injury and how that might have altered his personality?  It seems it was sort of touched on but then dropped.... imagine that, on this show.  I keep wondering why they don't just go with him having taken some sort of medicine or supplement that altered his brain chemistry, making him much more violent (and possibly paranoid) than he'd been in the past.  I still hate that they've ruined JT as a character.  He was always flawed, but multifaceted, with good and bad characteristics.  Now they've colored him only bad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, DorianGray said:

Also, when JT first returned, wasn't he popping some kind of pills, as if he had a terrible headache? Or maybe taking some sort of medication that was making him violent--in fact, wasn't there some discussion (between Mac and Victoria maybe) about JT having been taking medication for some past injury and how that might have altered his personality?  It seems it was sort of touched on but then dropped.... imagine that, on this show.  I keep wondering why they don't just go with him having taken some sort of medicine or supplement that altered his brain chemistry, making him much more violent (and possibly paranoid) than he'd been in the past.  I still hate that they've ruined JT as a character.  He was always flawed, but multifaceted, with good and bad characteristics.  Now they've colored him only bad.

And.  The actor is really handsome; plus a better actor than most of the males on this show.  Nick would not be the automatic fall-back romantic lead for all the women (especially the new ones).  Hey.  Why couldn't they have put Mia with him?  I would have loved to see him try and handle her.  

• Love 7

I’ll be so glad when Rey is gone. That actor is just awful in my opinion. He’s in no way a police detective or romantic interest even for the likes of Sharon. There’s not one believable expression, movement or comment on his part. Bye, bye, ReyRey.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I thought it was funny that his first scene in months is him screaming in that raspy voice at Rey Rey!

How I missed that! That's our Paul! I gotta say, now that Mal's stories wrap up and Griffitth and Morina are taking over, I started watching on a regular basis again. I still can't stand Tessa, Mariah, Summer, Kyle and Lola, though. I don't like the stories, i hate the characters. hate the actors, I hope they'll do something about them because whenever one of them comes up, I just fast forward, everytime.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Even through the brain tumor excuse is as tired a trope as any, I'm really hoping they go there with JT because I have HATED what they've done to that character.

I just can't reconcile the JT who saved Colleen from the fire at Gina's with this JT. 

• Love 22

Spoilers Victor protects his family. - Kyle confesses to Lola. Victoria learns shocking news about J.T. - Paul takes control. Sharon stands by Rey. - Devon extends an olive branch. Cane receives a reality check. - Abby stands her ground. Ash shocks the Abbotts.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Even through the brain tumor excuse is as tired a trope as any, I'm really hoping they go there with JT because I have HATED what they've done to that character.

I just can't reconcile the JT who saved Colleen from the fire at Gina's with this JT. 

You can't reconcile the old JT with the new one because Mal totally destroyed the character. Josh has to salvage what's left of him and with this brain tumor story I think that he actually stands a chance to do so, fortunately.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

You can't reconcile the old JT with the new one because Mal totally destroyed the character. Josh has to salvage what's left of him and with this brain tumor story I think that he actually stands a chance to do so, fortunately.

im happy. they can focus the story to Victoria trying to forgive him.
And next we have neils story!
and than sometime Adams

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

That sounds like the best outcome to a crappy storyline. Then they can have Mac come back and reconcile with JT and have both of them go back to where ever it was they were living. (I can't remember.) Since we know Thad Luckinbill isn't going to stay on the show it's a plausible way to get him out of Genoa City.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Lola's new restaurant

I would think that the citizens of Genoa City will be thrilled. I'm sure they are going to love having another choice besides the GCAC or Top of the Tower when they want to go out to dinner. I'm thinking the audience is also going to enjoy seeing a new restaurant set.

• Love 17