Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Don't Look Now

After lying to Alison and Jason about Charles, Kenneth comes clean about the family's connection to the young boy. While he won't give much detail about Charles' past, he says enough to give the PLLs a clue of where to look for the missing pieces - Radley Sanitarium. With Radley now closed and the files shipped off to be shredded, the girls must act fast before all traces of Charles' past disappear. Meanwhile, Caleb's protective nature starts to pinch Hanna, and Spencer seeks a remedy for her sleeping issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOsh23hWcaY

That's totally her hair, you guys, I think it's definitely an improvement from that awful wig. I'm tired of the character, though. Can she be revealed as Charlie or a Charles' helper already? And then can Emily stop bringing strange women into her home? Pretty sure Talia ought to still be walking around in there.

• Love 4
And then can Emily stop bringing strange women into her home? Pretty sure Talia ought to still be walking around in there.

"Listen, Talia. You've been an excellent houseguest, but considering my daughter's been kidnapped, I think it's time you went home to your husband."

• Love 8

Of all the couples, they're the only 2 I can see together after the time jump and by the end of the series.

But I also enjoy their fights because their ups and downs make sense, unlike Ezria's #TrueLove shallow epicness. 

• Love 2

"Listen, Talia. You've been an excellent houseguest, but considering my daughter's been kidnapped, I think it's time you went home to your husband."

Seriously do we know what happened to Talia, or did she just disappear without explanation?  I mean at least when Jason disappeared from the hospital they added a throw away line about how he ran off to hideout with his grandmother or some other relative.  Talia just got lost in Emily's closet or something.

• Love 4

Let's be fair - do we really care what happened to Thalia anyway?  She was ultimately just a pointless plot device anyway. I'm happy with her disappearing into the Rosewood woodwork. 

These girls need to just leave their cell phones at home and go tell the police about Charles DiLaurentis.  Tell them they didn't say anything before because they had never heard of a charles dilaurentis before, they thought it was Andrew.  Then Ali asked her dad, Andrew was released and that was that.  Show the detectives one of the messages from a cell phone and be done with it.  I mean come on.  There's no such thing as anonymity when it comes to any form of electronic media.  They can subpeona the phone company to provide the owner of the blocked cell phone.  This isn't rocket science.

Putting spoiler tags around this because I can't remember if it's a spoiler or theory: 

I like the Wilden as Charles theory. Guy would have knowledge of the underground bunker, he's been around from day 1, he could have stolen the game from Mona, and the guy was built like a tank. And maybe his parents were filthy rich. Who knows.

• Love 4

So, Mr. D is spinning a story that "Charles is dead," which I'm sure will raise some question about whose dead body is lying in some unmarked grave behind Radley Sanitarium, which will be hinted at in some file the girls find in the race to recover Radley records.  My word, did every family in the town try to hide its shitty secrets and spouses and love children in this place?  

I absolutely love the above mentioned theory (or speculated spoiler) that Wilden was/is Charles! Although that doesn't necessarily answer the question about who's the person in the hoodie running the kidnap bunker equipped for multiple girls...

Now that Radley is back in the picture this season, and it seems that powers that be want to erase the secrets and endless potential for medical malpractice and criminal cases behind its iron gates, I wonder if we'll get to find out what the hell happened to Toby's mom there, or the blonde girl that we were led to wonder about being Ali's half/sister.  Is that too much to ask?  And what about big Rhonda, who didn't buy Aria's volunteer poser bullshit?  Speaking of Aria, way to repress your trauma, girl.  And I wonder what she'll find/snap on her film?

Another thing, off topic and of lesser plot importance:  Why do Hanna and Aria have matching haircuts?  I like them, but feel like it's not much of a change from all the girls having the same hairstyle to all the girls having two hairstyles.  

(edited)

Still waiting for more answers in the Summer of Answers -- because I don't believe anything that Alison's father says. I bet that grave really is fake.  Why didn't Alison ask her father about the grave behind Aunt Carol's house when he specifically told some bullshit story about spreading Charles' ashes on a lake ?

I'm pretty sure that this new guy Clark is working for A.  Aria needs to stay the hell away from him.

Hanna needs to stop pushing Caleb away.

A PLL gets locked in a room ... again.  Geez, how many times are they going to go to that well ?

I'm genuinely surprised about the lack of followup once the PLLs were found -- are the cops even still looking for A ?  He/she did kidnap 5 girls and assaulted two police officers while abducting the PLLs -- I'm pretty sure those are still crimes.

Did A embed subcutaneous transmitters in all the PLLs -- but not in Sara Harvey, which makes me think that Sara is working for A. 

Doesn't Sara live a couple of towns away -- so how did she go home and get back in the same day ?  She must have taken the bus because Sara wouldn't have a car.  The whole deal with Sara staying at Emily's house still seems so forced into the script.

Spencer needs to get a grip and step away from the pot.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

There were so many things on tonight’s episode that I’m just still rolling my eyes….

-I call bullshit on no one besides his parents knowing that Charles existed.  Are the girls that dumb or do the writers hope the viewers are?  The Hastings were friends with the DiLaurentis since like law  school, Mr. Hastings had an affair with Mrs. D. He didn’t notice she had a 6 month old son when he knocked her up with Jason? Uh-huh, sure.

-Spencer is magically once again addicted to drugs to the point she’s going dumpster diving. Yeah, okay.

-A dark room, Aria…Seriously? Like that wasn’t an invitation to A.

-Hannah was a shitty girlfriend to Travis. Now she’s being a shitty girlfriend to Caleb.  Just saying.

-Tell me again why Allie, Jason, Spencer, and Hannah didn’t call the cops to have them check Auntie Em or whatever her name was property (i.e. exhume the grave). Oh wait, because then Sarah (who no one besides Emily cares about) would die.

-Sarah is clearly Emily’s next love interest. I’m calling it now.

• Love 3

Dear PLL Writers,

You have a season and a half left of this show, please pair Emily with a normal girl. No more socially inept stoners, no one who tries to drown her, no 45 year old married women, no dungeon girls with Miley Cyrus haircuts who hang out on roofs, just gives her a normal girl. I'm tired of Emily playing Captain Save-A-Ho.

Please tell me there's more to Aria's torture story than she was forced to put a red streak in her hair, please.

• Love 21
(edited)

That awkward moment when you wake up in a pool of blood and realize, its not yours. But at least there are pot brownies.

Aria's been sleuthing really well lately. Being kidnapped & breaking up with Ezra has been good for her.

Oh Hanna you broke up with the only good male in Rosewood.

If two can keep a secret if one of them is dead....and Charles is dead.. Who is keeping the secret?

By the by. Sending your troubled kid away is one thing especially if you are protecting your others but erasing him from existence is a whole other brand of Rosewood crazy. I applaud you DiLaurentis Family you just skyrocketed yourself to worst family ever and you had plenty of competition. I mean the Hastings spent a lifetime pitting one sister against the other until at least one of them is a little bit cray cray. And the Montgommerys are one big example of functional disfunction. But hey yeah DiLarentis....you win.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
(edited)
By the by.  Sending your troubles kid away is one thing especially if you are protracting your others but erasing him from existence is a whole other brand of Roeewood crazy.  I applaud you DiLaurentis Family you just skyrocketed yourself to worst family ever and you had plenty of close rivals there for awhile.  I mean the Hastings spent a lifetime pinning one sister against the other until at least one of them may be a little bit cray cray.  And the Montgommerys are one big example of functional disfunction.  But hey yeah DiLarentis....you win.

That made no sense if the DiLaurentis' only moved to Rosewood to be closer to Radley -- where were they living before ?  On the other side of town ?  In a different town ?  Because someone in their old neighborhood might know about the existence of Charles -- or did A kill all of them off as well ?

Plus it was a pretty sad indictment of the secure shredding industry if 4 teenagers can waltz right in and start rifling through private files of any business.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Please tell me there's more to Aria's torture story than she was forced to put a red streak in her hair, please.

This cracked me up.

So Charles was like Michael Myers or something?

I've been binge-watching all seasons and still don't know why/how A is doing all of this. But hey, #SummerOfAnswers.

• Love 5

So we all agree that Charles is still alive, right?

Come on PLL, we did this EXACT story line in season 1 with Ali being "dead"

Charles being alive is certainly possible, but it's also possible that A is in true love with the memory of Charles and doing all of this in his memory, kind of like with Shana/Jenna.  I wouldn't put anything past them and that would extend the mystery.  

• Love 1

So, Hanna had the right idea in wanting to open Charles' grave to see if he was actually in there, and everyone else declines? Because it would disrupt his spirit, or whatever? Come freaking on, there is a legitimate reason to make sure! Ali just found out about Charles and she's going to fully believe that Charles is dead because her dad said so? Even though he thought Charles was cremated? How does this make any sense whatsoever? I would be digging that grave up, taking whatever skeleton was in there and doing DNA tests all over it. Preferably somewhere far far away so Charles/A couldn't alter the results. My god, this part of the episode made no sense to me whatsoever.

Sarah and Emily are going to make an awful couple, I just know it. Sarah is not dealing with her issues and is, quite frankly, acting more put together than any of the four Liars combined. I've heard of different reactions to trauma, but my god it seems like she's faking her horror and she probably is.

I get Hanna wanting space, but it's Caleb! He just wants to help so let him, Hanna! I was really hoping they would stay the stable couple. 

So, A/Charles tortured Spencer by making her flash back to the night Ali died and making her think she hurt someone. Hanna's probably right in that A planted fake blood, but it's clearly been affecting Spencer. Poor girl; she's always had her issues but this one makes perfect sense as to why she can't sleep. 

I'm sure there's more to Aria's torture. It seems like A/Charles hit the girls' weak spots. Ok, so Aria's weak spot is apparently her appearance, but she did have a blue streak in her hair pre-pilot when Ali disappeared so it seems like A was trying to recreate the time around Ali's disappearance and hit all the vulnerable spots. 

Also, did anyone else get a sense that Hanna was being sidelined by Emily? Like Emily was mad at her or something?

I kind of liked seeing Jason get into the action a little. I find myself enjoying when others join in on these mini quests. It's endearing. 

So...Charles is the eldest, was sent away when Ali was about a year old and then 'killed' himself when he was sixteen? And he was trapped in Radley all this time? Ok, someone other than their parents have to know something. The Hastings must have known something.

(edited)

I don't even know what Hannah's reasons are for pushing away the person who freaking found her and saved her life. She has no reasons at all to be lying to Caleb. 

If Jason can be in on what is going on then Caleb should be. Hannah should have told Emily hell no and told Caleb the truth. 

I don't know how the headstone being old and been there for a long time proves anyone is in the grave. Someone else could be in Charles grave and his death faked. Hello, Mona? They all thought she was dead. She has a grave out there and a headstone too. 

Glad Aria is finally breaking down, good for her dad for being there. Who would have thought he'd be a better parent than her mom who stayed like a day and took off. Also love Hannah's mom for letting Caleb stay and even say he can move in. 

No Toby, was he off doing all police work?

They dressed Ally much much better this week. She looked great this week.

I guess 'A' implanted them with his/her own GPS tracker.

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

So A cut Aria's hair because she wouldn't put the pink stripes in it. Which he was making her do because he wanted her to look the way she did circa 2009. Yet by cutting her hair, he effectively fucked up his plan because now she has a completely different hairstyle, even with the pink stripes. Nice attempt to write Lucy's haircut into the story though.

I really liked the scene of Aria opening up to her dad about where she was held and how she felt while there. I feel like they're handling the reveal of what happened to the girls in the dollhouse really well. They're taking it slow and only giving bits and pieces at a time, but it doesn't feel like they're dragging it out for the sake of drama, but rather letting the girls take their time with dealing with it.

When Jason stopped Hanna from digging up the grave because the roots around the headstone were apparently all the proof he needed, I just had to laugh. The show makes these girls look so stupid. Two of their friends have come back from the dead, they more than know that things aren't always what they seem in Rosewood. The headstone could be a symbol put their by Jessica or Charles himself years ago to mourn the life he never got to have. It doesn't necessarily mean he's dead. After Ali and Mona both faked their deaths, the girls should need more than some tree roots to convince them of someone's death. But of course the writers had to keep the girls from actually digging up any useful information so they made yet another stupid decision.

And if Charles is dead who did Jessica DiLaurentis see "kill" Ali with the rock to the head? It was obviously someone she cared for deeply considering she buried her own daughter and was willing to cover up her murder to protect him/her. Who could that have been other than another one of her children? In one of the many flashbacks to the night Ali went missing we hear Jessica on the phone in a panic over something having gone wrong... maybe that was Radley calling to inform her that Charles had escaped. And then maybe he showed up and knocked her daughter unconscious with a rock while she watched from the window. But knowing this show it was probably just A wearing a mask of Charles' face.

Spencer and the pot brownies... was that supposed to be her spiraling out of control? Please, girl could use some pot.

I totally get Hanna wanting space from Caleb. He's super sweet and the only decent love interest on the show, and I love how protective of her he is, but she was just held captive for nearly a month. She doesn't need someone hovering over her constantly, tracking her every move and making her feel like she's trapped again. They'll get back together soon enough though so I'm not too worried about them.

Really not interested in Sara Harvey. Wish she would go away already.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

I hope we find out what happened to Hanna and Emily next. Hanna has a lot of obvious insecurities that A Could have preyed on but I have no idea what he would have used on Emily.

Speaking of, I'm kinda annoyed that she’s stuck with Sara and kinda isolated from the others. Did we ever find out who fakekilled Mona? It looked like Alison so it must’ve been Sara right?

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if A is Spencer’s other secret brother who was also in Radley with Charles.

• Love 1

If I get a high as a kite Spencer next episode I'll be so happy.  I'm getting serious romance vibes between Emily and Sarah.  Speaking of Sarah, wasn't she at one point the mean girl of her own knockoff Liars group?  I want to see a bit of her mean girl side come out soon.  

• Love 1

-Spencer is magically once again addicted to drugs to the point she’s going dumpster diving. Yeah, okay.

I agree with most of your points, but addiction isn't really something you get over. She's not addicted "again;" she's still addicted, and she's going back to drugs because she thinks they'll help her cope with the trauma she suffered. This is one plot line that makes perfect sense.

I don't like Sara at all. I don't trust her, but even if I did, I'd find her bland. It doesn't help that the actress is not great. I really hope that she's not Emily's next love interest. I was afraid she was going to kiss Emily in that pool.

• Love 3

I'm convinced that Toby, Caleb, and Mona are actually solving this Charles bs. Ezra supplies them with free coffee, unlimited food, and headquarters, so they make him feel special like when you lie to kids that they "done good." Hence, why Caleb was like "Well ok, Hanna, you want a break." Now he gets to devote his time to snooping ft.

Sadly, no one has found Mike Montgomery, but scraps of grass and trees that were half eaten were found.

• Love 2

Pots better for Spence than stupid pills are.

But this is Rosewood and more importantly ABC Family so no instance of drug use can exist without providing a cautionary tale about the dangers of drugs.  By the end of the season Spencer will probably have to detox off pot, even though that's not really a thing (from what I have heard the worst that happens is you feel a little down for a week or two while your brain comes back to normal and that is if you smoke everyday for an extend period of time).  But seriously I am not really looking forward to substance abuse story line number four.  We have seen it before and the timeline on this show is so compressed that it really doesn't make a lot of sense when one of the girls goes through all the phases of addiction and recovery in the course of like eight episodes.  Even with Spencer, her recovery alone should have taken a few weeks if not longer, which is like a season and a half on this show, not a couple of episodes.

Funny, when Sara asked about how long Emily could hold her breath underwater, I thought Sara was going to try and drown her.

Wouldn't be the first time that attempted drowning ended in romance for Emily. ;)

I was just thinking about Aria and that creepy doll photo she didn't remember taking. Are we supposed to accept that A grabbed her camera and took some creepy shots, or is this a nod to that whole "Aria is A and has multiple personalities" thing?

I'm normally completely Team Sparia, but anyone else ship Spencer and pot girl? That woman has chemistry with everyone..

Isn't that Troian's real-life best friend?

• Love 2
(edited)

Dear PLL Writers,

You have a season and a half left of this show, please pair Emily with a normal girl. No more socially inept stoners, no one who tries to drown her, no 45 year old married women, no dungeon girls with Miley Cyrus haircuts who hang out on roofs, just gives her a normal girl. I'm tired of Emily playing Captain Save-A-Ho.

End-of-Season-1/beginning-of-season-two:  Samara.  Remember her?  No?  Probably why Em doesn't get anymore normal gals.

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 1

I hope we find out what happened to Hanna and Emily next. Hanna has a lot of obvious insecurities that A Could have preyed on but I have no idea what he would have used on Emily.

Speaking of, I'm kinda annoyed that she’s stuck with Sara and kinda isolated from the others. Did we ever find out who fakekilled Mona? It looked like Alison so it must’ve been Sara right?

I never considered the possibility that it could have been Sara, good idea :) 

I bet Emily's biggest fear is not being good enough. She wasn't good enough for Alison (and with as obsessed as A is with Alison I could see him taunting her hardcore about it). She wasn't good enough to save Maya. She wasn't mature enough for that blonde girl. She wasn't enough to keep Paige. She can't get a swim scholarship. And Papa Fields loves his country more than Emily (okay we know that's not true, but it fits with the theme). Of course I say that, and I think it's the lamest way to torture Emily, and reducing her storyline to be about her sexuality.

At least now we know why Aria came out with a new haircut, I still don't understand why none of the other liars asked her why she got styled while she was there.

No way Charles is in that grave, & the fact that any of them really think that just because the headstone has been there a long time, it means he's buried there is just stupid. Hanna for the common sense win again.

I also don't understand why Ali is acting like she has some kind of connection with Charles "he's my brother!", you never even met him, & just found out he existed, it's the same as hearing about a complete stranger. At least she was dressed younger & her hair was un-momed.

• Love 2
(edited)

That made no sense if the DiLaurentis' only moved to Rosewood to be closer to Radley -- where were they living before ?  On the other side of town ?  In a different town ?  Because someone in their old neighborhood might know about the existence of Charles -- or did A kill all of them off as well ?

Plus it was a pretty sad indictment of the secure shredding industry if 4 teenagers can waltz right in and start rifling through private files of any business.

The Dilaurentises were living in Georgia until after Jason was born.

So if Charles tried to kill Ali when she was 11 months old, and he was sent to Radley after that and the DLs came back to live in Rosewood, it would make the respective ages of the kids: 9 (Charles), 8 (Jason), Ali (11 months)

The video at the Campbell farm couldn't have been on their last day together as a family, because both kids look younger than 7 and 8. Also, I know we didn't see baby Ali but I was under the impression that she was a new born.

Or is it just a continuity error and we're supposed to roll along with this?

Funny, when Sara asked about how long Emily could hold her breath underwater, I thought Sara was going to try and drown her.

HAHAHAHAHA

Me too, especially that she let her go underwater first. I was like "and here it comes" I'm almost disappointed she did nothing crazy.

She should have got a haircut with bangs a la serial killer Paige.

I'm normally completely Team Sparia, but anyone else ship Spencer and pot girl? That woman has chemistry with everyone..

I think that's her best friend in real life, but yeah Troian has chemistry with everyone. Even Ezra was tolerable around her!

Wow it felt weird to type that...

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1

Can we talk about that ridiculous photo of Ali and Jason? And how someone got paid real life money to do that? I've manipulated better pictures of me and Justin Timberlake circa 1998.

It's awfully convenient that Jason went to Aunt Carol's house after he fell down the elevator shaft. That's the exact moment I thought Charles must have switched with Jason but I guess that theory has been debunked. He said he thought Wilden was after him--did Wilden disappear before or after Jason fell? I can't remember. I still think Wilden has to be involved in some way and he could pass as being about 15 months older than Jason.

I don't know why anyone in this town believes anything anyone else says. I'm a 27 year old woman and I'm screaming "Right, okay, CHARLES." anytime a male character speaks. When Caleb said he put a tracker on Hanna's car I was wondering where he spent the first 16 years of HIS life. Why aren't these girls more suspicious of the people around them?

Emily is stupid for trusting Sara. I was sure she was going to drown her. Ali and Jason are dumb for believing their dad. Charles is dead? So is Ali, remember?

Aria gained a point by finding those files (but she's shady so she probably knew where to go) but she lost a point with the darkroom debacle. Like...why...would you even?" Besides, she took those pictures on a digital camera. I have the same one. You don't need a darkroom for that.

• Love 2
(edited)

It looks like the show is going to start following one of the book story lines. Well, sort of. We are getting the evil version of Charlie Babbitt from Rainman. In the books

Ali's twin Courtney was in an institution for trying to hurt Ali. The simplest summary is that two of her friends who were in the same institution later got out and knowing how much she hated her sister and the PLLs, they tried to get revenge on them for her.

I guess they are swapping Charlie's friend from Radley into that storyline for the show.

I don't care if the gravestone has been there long enough for the plants to grow around it. I read My Sweet Audrina so I am suspicious of any mysterious siblings who are supposedly dead and buried. For all we know, that gravestone is real but there's no one buried there. I mean, hello, shouldn't Alison remember that her parents had a place for her in the mausoleum but it was empty? Anyway, ITA that I would have dug up that grave and then done DNA testing if they happened to find any remains.

I find it interesting that in this episode we specifically learned that Charles was fifteen months older than Jason and Charles tried to drown/scaled Ali when she was eleven months old. Normally the show is deliberately sketchy about dates and ages. Was it ever established how much older Jason is than Ali? He graduated the same year as Melissa and Ian? I seem to recall one of the girls looking through an old yearbook a few seasons ago. Hey and Jason fell down the elevator shaft last year in show time. Wasn't that like three seasons ago? (ETA: I checked and the NAT Club was in the 2003 yearbook which would make Jason 8-9 years older than Ali which obviously doesn't line up with the old home movie we saw of Jason, Charlie, and Ali).

If Charles was at Radley until he was sixteen, then he knew Bethany. Was Aunt Carol the one who visited Bethany and gave her gifts?

Come to California, Spencer! You can get all the cookies and edibles you want legally. No more digging through the trash!

Was Emily wearing a plaid shirt tied around her waist over plaid shorts? Normally Aria is the one whose outfits I notice (and not for good reasons). And Ezra is still wearing his weird shirts with really short sleeves buttoned all the way to the neck.

I swear, these girls need me to hand them a list of Dos and Don'ts. DO carry gloves with you at all times to avoid leaving fingerprints. DON'T split up when you are somewhere creepy like a warehouse (and doesn't it defeat the purpose of splitting up to cover more ground when Emily and Hanna were just strolling through not even looking at boxes?). Don't go into a small enclosed place with a door (kilns, walk in freezers, dark rooms).

I am so sad that Hanna and Caleb are not seeing eye to eye about things right now. I do not blame Caleb at all for trying to protect her and keep her safe. I understand her feeling suffocated, but she could have avoided a good deal of this conflict if she had just been honest with him about going to the warehouse and Aunt Carol's house. I know I'm a terrible person, but when Emily insisted that Hanna couldn't tell Caleb what they were up to because something might happen to Sara, I was kind of like well, so what? I know she (allegedly) was a prisoner for two years so she has my sympathies but Hanna shouldn't have to lie to her boyfriend to maybe potentially protect some girl she just met.

It's nice to see Alison and Jason acting like non-fighting siblings for once. I wonder how long this will last. Poor Jason though. All this time he thought he had an imaginary friend because his parents lied to him. No wonder he feels betrayed. I don't know why Ali got so upset when her dad told her why they sent Charles away. What was this "let him rest in peace" crap she said? You just found out that you had a secret brother who was institutionalized and allegedly committed suicide. Wouldn't you want to know as much about him as possible?

That made no sense if the DiLaurentis' only moved to Rosewood to be closer to Radley -- where were they living before ?

This is something that happened in the books too. I don't remember where they were living before in the books, but they moved to Rosewood to be closer to Radley when (book spoiler)

Ali's twin sister Courtney was moved to Radley.

Ha, I was having Paige flashbacks too! But Emily is into being drowned. I don't like Sara and I don't trust her. I want her to go away so that Emily can start spending more time with the PLLs instead of constantly flaking so she can try to help Sara again. I am glad that Emily's mom pointed out that they are not equipped to help Sara get over whatever trauma she suffered in the dollhouse.

Clark is a male in Rosewood so he's already suspect to me, but the fact that he happened to be around when Aria was trapped in the dark room does not help matters. SHADY!

I was just thinking about Aria and that creepy doll photo she didn't remember taking. Are we supposed to accept that A grabbed her camera and took some creepy shots, or is this a nod to that whole "Aria is A and has multiple personalities" thing?

Did Aria say she didn't remember taking the doll picture? I thought I specifically remembered her staring at that creepy doll and then taking pictures of it (at the time I was more concerned with why she would leave that hellish looking thing in her room and wondering if A had put a camera in its eye socket).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Creepy guy of the week:  now that is a haunting image

Aria: Oh I don't know why I took that

CGotW: No no I love how it's framed off center like that. You have a great eye etc...

I think, given the last scene with her dad, the doll is just that slight difference between the replica bedroom in the dollhouse, and her real bedroom.

The fact that Aria has been taking photos of her bedroom is actually quite therapeutic. She's trying to look at the space and it's image (it's replica).

When she saw the doll in the bedroom photo, it was an object that was not in her replica bedroom. That's what she was trying to tell her dad, that her prison cell looked exactly like her bedroom (which beautifully echoes Hanna's "THIS is my room" in episode 2).

Or she has DID and is totally A.

• Love 2
(edited)

Am I the only one who's grown REALLY tired of the used and abused "A makes these girls do anything and they don't remember it" plot device? Seriously:

- Emily was drugged, dragged out of the house while her friends were sleeping (and she's like 5'8/5'9), driven around town for hours, got out of a car, met half the freaking town and stood for God knows how long on a grave... and had no recollection of how that happened

- Aria took a picture of a doll and she doesn't remember doing so

- Spencer woke up with blood all over her body and the floor and she has no idea if that was real or not.

Enough already! Doing something while under the influence of a certain substance and not being conscious of it is possible, but this is just sci-fi!

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli