Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Photos for Episode 3.02 Freakshow have been released:

http://tvline.com/gallery/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-photos/

“Freakshow” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
IT’S ALWAYS A CIRCUS — The Legends find themselves in 1870 to fix the anachronism which happens to be at P.T. Barnum’s fledgling circus. However, Nate (Nick Zano) and Ray (Brandon Routh) accidently free a saber toothed tiger, creating a bigger problem.  Meanwhile, P.T. Barnum (guest star Billy Zane) is on the hunt to capture Nate and Ray to make his show even more exciting for the crowd.  Caity Lotz, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Victor Garber, Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star.  Keith Tancharoen directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Grainne Godfree (#302).  Original airdate 10/17/2017.

I have never been crazy about the circus so this is probably the one episode of the season I'm not looking forward to. 

Edited by Starfish35
Adding episode description

Press release for Episode 3.03 Zari:

"Zari" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

OUTLAWS - When Sara (Caity Lotz) receives a distress call from their "befriended" agent at the Time Bureau, she learns that they have been tasked with going to the future to capture a rogue time traveler. Unfortunately, the Legends make things worse by trying to protect an outlaw named Zari (Tala Ashe), to hopefully lure in the time travelling assassin. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) tries to diagnose Amaya's (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) condition, but Nate (Nick Zano) discovers an unusual treatment that Amaya begrudgingly agrees to. Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#303). Original airdate 10/24/2017.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171006cw05/

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Legends got a 0.6 and 1.74 million viewers in the overnight ratings.  That matches their season two finale rating in the demo, and is up 14% in viewers.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-10-10-2017.html

Glad they maintained their ratings!! It's brutal for me on Tues at 9p, because I love This is Us. And sadly, that is a must watch live if possible for me. However, I think it might work out in LoT's favor - because on Weds, I usually tune right into the CW website and watch the episode. So in someway I feel that helps LoT more that a live viewing since I'm not a Neilsen or even a cable box.

• Love 1

Press Release for #3.04 "Phone Home"

Phone Home” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
HELPING ONE OF THEIR OWN — The Legends learn that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will die because they broke time, causing them to race back to 1988 to try and save his life.  When they arrive, they are surprised to learn that young Ray Palmer has befriended a time-displaced baby Dominator putting him in harm’s way with the government and the Dominator’s mother.  New to the ship and missions, Zari (Tala Ashe) must find her place and learn to trust the team.  Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) begins working on a secret project on the ship which makes Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Jax (Franz Drameh) suspicious.   Caity Lotz, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Nick Zano also star.  Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Matthew Maala (#304).  Original airdate 10/31/2017.

Who wants to bet that Stein is working on his Get out of Firestorm project? I hope so, I have to believe that they would prefer to write out Stein off the Waverider, as opposed to kill him. Death is so dark for LoT and an overused element in the Flarrowverse.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT PRESS RELEASE. Gah!

Oh please. :) Do get started.  

Never mind, I see you elaborated in the Spoilers thread. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, Artsda said:

Legends Of Tomorrow: Victor Garber Poised to Exit in Season 3

http://tvline.com/2017/10/11/victor-garber-leaving-legends-of-tomorrow-martin-firestorm-season-3/

I tend not to believe stuff like this until I get an official announcement from the show itself, or if it's something I really don't want to hear, until they actually leave the show itself. That said, if it does happen I'm betting the won't kill him, they'll let him go home to his family. This is supported by the fact the only other major character the have actually killed is one who reincarnates. So the real question is, if true, HOW are the going to get rid of him, since unlike Jax right now he NEEDS Firestorm in order to survive.

On 10/12/2017 at 11:28 PM, Miss Dee said:

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT PRESS RELEASE. Gah!

I can't even. I mean, if I put my mind to it I'm sure I could come up with a stupider story, but damn.

In those brown jumpsuits they REALLY look like Ghostbusters.

Catching up:

As reported in the Mind Your Surroundings thread, Legends got a 0.565 in the unrounded final numbers for last week's episode (#301), putting it at #5 for the network, behind Arrow's 0.601 but ahead of Supergirl's 0.531.

Source: http://www.spottedratings.com/2017/10/spotted-ratings-tuesday-101717.html (in comments)

---------

Yesterday's episode (#302) got a 0.5 and 1.581 million viewers, down a tenth in the demo and 7.66% in viewers (viewers for last week were 1.711 million).

Source: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-10-17-2017.html

---------

Press Release for #305 "Return of the Mack"

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Return of the Mack" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

HELPING ONE OF THEIR OWN - When Nate (Nick Zano) thinks he has found a pattern to the anachronisms, it leads the Legends to London in 1897 to hunt down a time-traveling vampire. When they arrive in London, they run into Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill), but not everyone welcomes him back so quickly, leaving Sara (Caity Lotz) to make a tough choice in the end. Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) tries to connect with Zari (Tala Ashe), but she is still struggling with being part of the team. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) discovers what Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) are up to and is not entirely pleased. Dominic Purcell also stars. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust (#305). Original airdate 11/07/2017.

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171018cw04/

-------

Trailer for #303 "Zari"

• Love 1
On 9/29/2017 at 6:39 PM, Sakura12 said:

Season 3 Poster.

Untitled-2.jpg

Stein should be opposite Jax, unless the plan to split Firestorm early in the season.

I'd arrange it:

Sara
Jax  --- Stein
Ray  -- Nate

Amaya

MICK!!!

Edited by jhlipton
add original post; Correct spelling
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2017 at 8:05 PM, Sakura12 said:

Fun pic of Caity Lotz, Candice Patton, Franz Drameh Juliana Harkavy, and Jes Macallan (Agent Ava Sharpe) having a pumpkin carving party. 

I just love the Caity Lotz & Candice Patton Bff-ness.  Those two hang out a LOT.  LOL.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I just love the Caity Lotz & Candice Patton Bff-ness.  Those two hang out a LOT.  LOL.

I don't watch Flash anymore, so I have no idea what her character's status is... however she was underutilized in the 2 seasons that I did watch, and there wasn't much from the tidbits of s3 I did hear about. I would love to see CP spend more time on LoT if that was ever possible. Perhaps Barry will do something stupid again (highly likely), and maybe LoT can reap the benefits and get CP for a season or more.

Well if the last two eps for S4 are anything to go by and all of the pre-season talk up proves to be true, they seem committed to really beefing up her role.  She is basically the head of operations for Team Flash.  She's like their lead now.  Also it seems the show has become 100% committed to the Barry/Iris relationship dynamic.  They are engaged and apparently their wedding is the benign  reason for this season's 4-show crossover, obviously sinister stuff will actually happen for real plot purposes because these are super hero shows after all, not romances.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

They live together so that probably helps them hang out a lot. Lol

Caity and Candice have both said they'd love for Iris to be on LoT, but I'm sure the Flash would never give up his number 1 cheerleader for her to go do something else. Iris is there for Barry and Barry alone. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Well if the last two eps for S4 are anything to go by and all of the pre-season talk up proves to be true, they seem committed to really beefing up her role.  She is basically the head of operations for Team Flash.  She's like their lead now.  Also it seems the show has become 100% committed to the Barry/Iris relationship dynamic.  They are engaged and apparently their wedding is the benign  reason for this season's 4-show crossover, obviously sinister stuff will actually happen for real plot purposes because these are super hero shows after all, not romances.

Shucks, I really would have loved to have her on LoT. Good for her!! CP deserves better treatment after being ignored for so many seasons. Glad to hear she's finally getting the attention she deserves. I just hope it's about her and not just about Barry.

Press release for #306 "Helen Hunt"

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Helen Hunt" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

A DIFFERENT KIND OF WAR - When the Legends track down an anachronism in 1930s Hollywood, they discover it's none other than a time-displaced Helen of Troy and she's just started a war between two film studios. As the Legends try to fix history and return Helen (guest star Bar Paly) to the Bronze Age, things get complicated when they are blindsided by the appearance of a former enemy. Sara (Caity Lotz) contemplates an offer she is made, which would make the Legends leave the anachronisms be. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) and Jax (Franz Drameh) find themselves in an unusual predicament. Dominic Purcell, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Tala Ashe also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ubah Mohamed (#306). Original airdate 11/14/2017.

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171026cw04/

• Love 1

I wonder what offer Sara is made to leave the anachronism? 

There's supposed to be a dance number in the next episode. I hope Sara has to break dance for a distraction.  That's an 80's thing. 

Edited by Sakura12
9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

There's supposed to be a dance number in the next episode. I hope Sara has to break dance for a distraction.  That's an 80's thing. 

I didn't know about the dance number! It would be hilarious if Sara had to break dance. That would be the show making great use of the other talents of their actors, like Victor and his singing.

• Love 1

The necklaces really do not look good over those dress necklines. Zaris is a little better, but if it wasn't a TV show I can totally imagine those necklaces making the team stand out as "not from these parts". It really doesn't allow them to blend in.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kismet said:

The necklaces really do not look good over those dress necklines. Zaris is a little better, but if it wasn't a TV show I can totally imagine those necklaces making the team stand out as "not from these parts". It really doesn't allow them to blend in.

I agree -- and Zari's in particular would be just ripe for a mugger to try to rip off her neck before she could activate her powers to stop him.

On the whole, though, I do have to say that one thing this show does very well is period costuming.  Those Victorian outfits look fantastic!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

On the whole, though, I do have to say that one thing this show does very well is period costuming.  Those Victorian outfits look fantastic!

Agree, the costumes have been great. I just wish they found a better way to disguise the amulets.

That looks like a fun episode. 

As for the pics above. Zari's necklace doesn't look too out of place. Amaya's does. Also Sara's going to have a hard time passing as a constable she probably should've kept her hat on and wore like Jax is where you can barely see his face. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Also Sara's going to have a hard time passing as a constable she probably should've kept her hat on

I was wondering about that myself.  

Also Rip is back (last pic).  That's interesting- I wonder if he's there on behalf of the Time Bureau or if he's doing his own thing.  I suppose technically it could even be pre-TB Rip.

As far as the necklaces, I'm assuming it's because they need to be able to touch them if they need to access their powers, and it'd be inconvenient to have to fish them out or rip open the necklines of their tops to get to them in an emergency.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm assuming it's because they need to be able to touch them if they need to access their powers,

I don't think Amaya does, but Zari's a bit of a novice with hers.  It could also be that the necklaces need to touch (be touched by) the bare skin of their wearers to function.  I think Amaya tends to wear clothing with lower necklines that allow for that while Zari doesn't at present, so she needs to touch hers with her hand to activate it.

That was funny. I loved Mick saying he better be after getting up from the floor. 

Ray:  Let's play 2 truths and a lie. This is going to be fun
Mick: Lie
Ray: I know you think this is a lame
Sara: Truth

I noticed Zari didn't say anything about Sara. However Gideon joining in on the arguing was great, she really has become a Legend. 

• Love 2