Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Julianne was definitely a surprise win.  I figured it was between Kathryn Hahn and Jean Smart.

I think Jean Smart may be getting it for lead actress in a comedy which may have made them go with someone else. 

Julianne had pretty much the Emmyest Emmy-bait material in the final episode of Hacks. 

59 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Btw, I adore Evan Peters and have for years but I saw Mare of Eastown and I'm not sure I agree with that win.

His performance was my favorite of that series because he had moments but it didn't have the big EMMY-MOMENT moments.

I didn't hate that sketch.  Sue me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Loved her since “Designing Women!”  I think her husband was on that show, too — maybe where they met?  Such a nice tribute to him. ❤️

Yes he played JD, Annie Potts' love interest. 

I thought that after that moving acknowledgement of her husband's death, it was tacky to play her off with "Con te Partiro"

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Jennifer Coolidge needs some kind of patent and trademark protection of the phases "Oh wow" and "Ooooh" although it's unlikely anyone else now or in the future will come anywhere close to doing it as entertaining as she does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12