Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, SnarkShark said:

Why is this white guy babbling about diversity?  Bad choice.

Why is Cosby defender Debbie Allen being honored on my screen?  She shot her righteousness in the foot herself.  RECENTLY too.

I could only find articles from 2014. Thought maybe she had changed?  Can you provide more info?

3 minutes ago, SnarkShark said:

Cheesy intro too.  I wonder if some people who otherwise might have wanted to honor her didn't WANT to appear though, because of all the standing by a rapist.

Thought it was a pretty impressive intro.

Dolly Parton was among those honoring her. I'm not sure who else was supposed to be there to make it impressive?

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, SnarkShark said:

Why is this white guy babbling about diversity?  Bad choice.

Why is Cosby defender Debbie Allen being honored on my screen?  She shot her righteousness in the foot herself.  RECENTLY too.

Did Debbie Allen defend Cosby as well? I thought it was her sister only (who I rather not discuss.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm usually all for telling the play off music to shut it, but I'm kind of with the orchestra on this one...

Yeah, we don’t “know” him, but this may be his only chance.  I didn’t mind it as he was very sincere.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

But I get pissed off too when they play off the thank yous in these often-once-in-a-lifetime moments when they waste SO much time on these blasted, stupid skits.  

And five zillion commercials.  More than I ever remember before.

And Reggie Annoying Watts.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, SnarkShark said:

I believe both her AND her sister Phylicia  yapped off about it being justice done that Bill got out.

She didn’t. 

Edited by Guest