Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Do you think Thomas Lennon is embarrassed?  Not embarrassed enough to stop, apparently,  but will he look back tomorrow and think what the fuck did I just do?

”Feeling Good” before the cast and crew of “Chernobyl” took the stage could not have been a more terrible choice.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Do you think Thomas Lennon is embarrassed?  Not embarrassed enough to stop, apparently,  but will he look back tomorrow and think what the fuck did I just do?

Trashed his career? I blame the writers more than TL.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Jon Hamm needs to do more comedy cause he’s great at it. 

Watch the ads he does for Skip the Dishes in Canada. Beyond surreal and I laugh every time. 

Busy Phillips is BFF goals. Love her support of Michelle Williams. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Can I just send a transcription of Michelle's speech to my boss???

“The next time a woman, and especially a woman of color - because she stands to make 52 cents on the dollar compared to her white, male counterpart - tells you what she needs in order to do her job. Listen to her, believe her, because one day she might stand in front of you and say thank you for allowing to succeed because of her workplace environment and not in spite of it.” - Michelle Williams

Here's part of it.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am rapidly aging watching this musical number.

This is why I let myself fall behind, so I can FF right through that nonsense. 

Speaking of which, Michelle Williams' speech was fantastic, and watching Busy dissolve was so sweet. I love their friendship. 

Oh, and now  I see why everyone was talking about Jon Hamm (I mean he looks good even for Jon Hamm, damn). 

• Love 8
Just now, Popples said:

YAAAAAAY! I think John Oliver looks adorable.

Was gonna say, he's looking sharp in that suit. 

This is always such a tough category, 'cause I like so many of the nominees. But as always, congrats to John and his team :). 

• Love 9

Does anyone watch dance numbers like this and try to spot if there are “So You Think You Can Dance” alums?  I think I spotted Brandon this time.

I love John Oliver so much.

I watched half of one episode of “The Masked Singer” once and thought it was dumb.  The promos they are doing for it tonight make me super excited for the new season to start so I can actively not watch it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8