Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Seriously though, where is Matt Damon to antagonize Kimmel so he can actually DO something? (Also so I can look at Matt Damon?) 

It's like you're psychic! (or psycho?)

• Love 2
Just now, SpikeGal said:

My brother is happy. He's a fan of John Oliver.

I'm also glad no one is kicking me out of here. I thought for sure people would turn on me.

If we don't kick you out for not drinking wine, you're okay.

(and just an FYI, the board policy is no politics talk anyway, so we're all good here)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I'm not voting for either and am sick of every speech or joke having something to do with politics. I don't talk politics at home, here or anywhere else. I believe it is a private and personal choice and should remain that way.

on to the show.... I'm happy for all the People v. OJ love!

Thank God I'm not alone. I mean, like I said, I;'m voting for Trump but I'm glad there's someone else here that's sick of all this political one-sided-ness. Hey, ABC,. news flash...not everyone is in love with Hillary, all right?

Just now, ebk57 said:

If we don't kick you out for not drinking wine, you're okay.

(and just an FYI, the board policy is no politics talk anyway, so we're all good here)

I wish they could make that same rule for Award Shows.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

Uh...guys? I should tell you all this now...and get it over with. I'm voting for Donald Trump. Yes, I am a Trump supporter...and I mute out any and all jokes about him because I WANT a Hillary joke!! I'm sick of all this one-sided stuff. Hillary is worse, I hate her...but of course no one will dare make fun of her.

So, what I want to know is...am I still welcome here? Or will you throw me out for voting for Trump? Because I am NOT changing my mind. My mind is made up, I am voting for Trump, I will not change it...am I still welcome here? Can I still be here...or will you throw me out?

This is a free site that the members don't own like just like many other Internet forums so we don't censor or control what others say....And why would any of us care who you're voting for when it's a tv show site with threads only about tv shows and movies? Your political ideas are irrelevant 

Second if you want a Hilary joke join Facebook I get plenty in my feed. I live in Chicago and graduated from one of the best universities in the US but have many friends in rural areas tha are outspoken. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

Uh...guys? I should tell you all this now...and get it over with. I'm voting for Donald Trump. Yes, I am a Trump supporter...and I mute out any and all jokes about him because I WANT a Hillary joke!! I'm sick of all this one-sided stuff. Hillary is worse, I hate her...but of course no one will dare make fun of her.

So, what I want to know is...am I still welcome here? Or will you throw me out for voting for Trump? Because I am NOT changing my mind. My mind is made up, I am voting for Trump, I will not change it...am I still welcome here? Can I still be here...or will you throw me out?

Celebrities doing what they do best.  Whining about politics.  They think they're being so brave but literally no one's career suffers in Hollywood by being too liberal.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SpikeGal said:

Thank God I'm not alone. I mean, like I said, I;'m voting for Trump but I'm glad there's someone else here that's sick of all this political one-sided-ness. Hey, ABC,. news flash...not everyone is in love with Hillary, all right?

I wish they could make that same rule for Award Shows.

There really is plenty of material to make fun of both Trump and Hillary.  

• Love 3

I've had a crush on Kyle Chandler since Homefront. I found out this year that my friend's friend went to college with him and was so excited! I wasn't quite as excited when she told me he was incredibly dumb. Nice, but dumb. Oh well. He can just smile and look pretty as far as I'm concerned.  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

You're always welcome to sit at my table (I've been getting a little lonely all by myself, lol.

9 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

Just now, jjj said:

What is the Damon/Kimmel joke?  I feel like there is an insider reference I am not getting. 

Long time gag on Kimmel's show where Damon is "banned" from appearing but Matt finds ways to exact his revenge.  

Grease Live won?  Huh.  It wasn't the greatest with the audience mixed in with the background people but it was still a fun watch. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, kittykat said:

I've had dibs since Early Edition.

Cutting in front of you - I've had dibs since Freddy's Nightmares and Homefront lol.

Doing okay in my pool although the supporting actor/actress categories really did a number on my pool but I totally called Sherlock so maybe that will help me out.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jjj said:

What is the Damon/Kimmel joke?  I feel like there is an insider reference I am not getting. 

It's a LOOOONG standing joke from Jimmy's show. The bit is, Jimmy hates him, finds ways to ignore him/torture him. He closes his show every night by saying he apologizes to Matt, they ran out of time (like he had Damon booked and didn't have time to bring him out). 

• Love 2