Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I kind of think Liz will beat Steve, too. It would definitely be closer than Steve/Vanessa, though. I think Liz would have Austin, Julia, Vanessa, Meg, and James for sure. 

Ugh. 

I'm not a fan of Steve but he's played a better game than Liz. They were both minions but Steve at least had the appearance of being able to think for himself. Liz willingly disposed of the biggest threats to Vanessa's game (Becky and James). Without Austin and by proxy Vanessa telling her what to do, Liz would have been totally lost.

I'm also still bitter that there was no downside to the twin twist being figured out during SECOND WEEK.

• Love 6

Does anyone honestly give a fast shit about Steve's sexuality?

And I am including his roommate HGs in that question too.

Ha! He's made such a big deal about "The Secret" and seems to use it as leverage to gain trust (with both Vanessa and Meg) that I've wondered what it is. But, no, I don't think anyone actually cares any which way. Except maybe Vanessa because she seems to really want to help him.

• Love 1

I thought it was kind of weird that neither Liz nor John were campaigning to Vanessa at all last night or today. Or, at least not that I saw. I know that Vanessa likely already had her mind made up, but she loves deals. I don't get why they weren't promising to take her to the F2 with them, if they win.

John's speech made it pretty clear that he knew he was leaving, and that he knew because Liz had been obvious in her delight at staying. I think that while feeds were down, John did what campaigning he could, but at some point realized that it was pointless and he was a goner. He knew that he and Vanessa were going to cut each other as soon as they could. Liz never had to campaign. I'd love to give her credit for getting herself in to that position, but until yesterday Liz didn't understand why only veto mattered at F4 and so I'm really reluctant to give her any credit at even knowing the game, much less being good at it.

• Love 8

I'm not even going to pretend to know what the jury will do, because I never know what the jury will do, and this year especially is a blank slate to me. Except for douchebag Austin.

I either want Vanessa to win HOH, take whoever she wants, and win. Or I want Steve to win HOH, boot Vanessa, and win. More the 2nd than the 1st.

Although I'm not gonna lie, even though I do like Steve, I think the only way he has enough courage to boot Vanessa is if BB lets him go into a room by himself so he can tell the cameras he's booting her. And then she has to leave without facing him. Because dude is a chicken. And I say that with love:)

• Love 5

Feeds are up for the 1st comp (well they just went back down). It's basically carnival themed and and they are sitting on "candy apples," getting dunked into a pool of red goo every once and awhile, but most of the time are getting flung into a padded wall. Vanessa just said "I'm too old for this shit."

But now back to Jeff feeds for some reason (interviewing Amber from last season. Um, ok.)

Oh wait feeds back.

Edited by Laika

They are showing the comp on BBAD. Steve said its not physically demanding and seems like a "how bad do you want it" comp. maybe an actual endurance? They are going to get really bored with this.

Edited by AndreaK1041

Vanessa trying to be cute and fun sounds so unnatural on her.

It's still warm here at night. I'm only a few miles away from the house and it's still 72 degrees at 10pm, but that's got to start getting cold soon.

Edited by LADreamr

Basically, someone has to fall. This could take for hours.

I think Steve fell off the seat, held onto the apple and readjusted back on the seat in the goo - so they have to fall completely off. They have to be getting numb, though, so it's going to be harder to maneuver if you have to.

Out of boredom I went to vote for America's favorite, and ugh, that picture of Jackie!  Has that always been her profile pic?  I have to give her credit - the picture extends only a couple of inches beneath her collar bones, yet she managed to tie up those big hard implants to get them into view.

Steve is trying to make sex jokes and he sounds like Steve Carell in the 40 year old Virgin. Just no, Steve.

As they are being dipped into the liquid, Liz said, "this part hurts my vajayjay!" Ironically, no comment from Steve to that.

Also, since Liz made that complaint, they've been dipping them in there about 5x as often.

Edited by LADreamr
  • Love 1

I wonder what's been the longest Final HOH comp? This could be a really long with and they all have their game face on.

At one time it was the Evil Dick vs. Zach one but I am not sure if that is still the case.

Steve is trying to make sex jokes and he sounds like Steve Carell in the 40 year old Virgin. Just no, Steve.

As they are being dipped into the liquid, Liz said, "this part hurts my vajayjay!" Ironically, no comment from Steve to that.

Also, since Liz made that complaint, they've been dipping them in there about 5x as often.

Can't be worse than that Sasquatch Austin's fingers.

• Love 3

Can't be worse than that Sasquatch Austin's fingers.

Ooh, I need to dunk in that red goo now to wipe that image out of my head!

ETA: Watching Vanessa get repeatedly slammed against a wall hasn't been the worst use of three hours.

Edited by LADreamr
  • Love 3

I just want to say thanks to all the feed watchers who give the rest of us up-to-the-minute updates. With that said, I have to ask, is there something wrong with Steve? I read about him hugging, talking to & sleeping with a teddy bear as well as other childish things, so just wondering if he's "stunted" (for lack of a better word)?

• Love 1

With that said, I have to ask, is there something wrong with Steve? I read about him hugging, talking to & sleeping with a teddy bear as well as other childish things, so just wondering if he's "stunted" (for lack of a better word)?

To be honest, I think Steve is socially awkward, but nothing more than that.  And maybe I'm very wrong, but I think he plays it up from time to time on the show as a gameplay move to seem harmless. I think it was very calculated to have his family send a teddy bear.  I think he's been calculating in telling first Vanessa, then Meg, he wants to share a secret with them when he thinks things aren't going his way and wants to build "trust".  I just think a lot of times he's playing off this notion of him being awkward to his advantage. 

I started off feeling for his awkwardness, now I'm feeling like he's playing that for all he is worth to move on in the game.  Who knows, I'm also pretty cynical so I could be horribly wrong.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

Austin can try and poison the Jury all he wants. But there isn't a doubt in my mind that if Vanessa ends up in F2 either by her own hand or Liz taking her (cuz we know Steve won't). She will win this game, regardless if she takes Steve or Liz with her. She might be down 3 votes if she evicts Liz (even though I don't think she would vote bitterly), she would get the other 6 votes. She might be a crier and gets all cray cray but she's one of the best players we have had in a long time and the Jury knows that.

• Love 15

Plus, if she wins this final HOH, she'll set a new record for most HOH reigns in a season. Plus she's won three POVs. And was behind most evictions this season. And has had a target on her back since BOB ended and still survived.

I mean, say what you want about her gameplay, but her resume is maybe the best I've ever seen. 

• Love 13

Vanessa may have had a F2 with Austin from early in the game, but he pushed her out to #4 when he hooked up with Liz. He's just being bitter thinking she should have just went along as the odd person out to then fight Liz or Julia to take him to F2. I can't wait for him to get out of sequester so he can see how people really perceive him.

I wish I could double 'thumbs up' this.  

Considering how many comps Vanessa has won I don't know why I worry about her all the time.  She misted me!  

Go Vanessa!

• Love 7

Van convinced Liz to fall. That's it. I can't believe the power she has over these people.

I DIE. "She got in my head, I don't know hoooooowuh?" Seriously was it expressely a deal? I don't actually think it matters because Liz has been convinced that every one hates her on Jury and that they only one they might hate more is Van, so I think Liz takes her anyway,she should also take Liz, but I think she wins no matter who she takes.

I've actually grown to like Liz more as the season went on, and Julia less, but I do think at the bottom of it Liz knows it's a game and that people have to do what they have to do to win, aka scumbag someone. Austin was all Van didn't have to scumbag me, but she was concerned she'd be talked out of it by Austin, and the eviction ceremony was somewhat of a surprise to them in terms of timing, so it's not like she could plan to tell him within only X amount of minutes, he'd still be JUST as pissed, because NO he couldn't talk her out of it in such a short time, and frankly he volunteered to go on the block and knew it well in advance, he should have been like glue to her just like he had been in previous situations. He better than anyone else knew how much Van needed to be managed, but suddenly he trashed his beta act and decide to cuddle with Liz and assume his safety while she went back and forth between John and Steve, what did he THINK they were talking about?!

• Love 4

I'll be fine with any of the three who win which hasn't been the case in years. Vanessa played a great game I do wonder if her social game will hurt her she didn't have good relationships with the other side and besides Becky they don't seem to respect good game play. I do hold some of Vanessa's crazy theories against her. I do give Liz some credit it was clear she hid behind Austin which was smart. Even though I think Steve is the weakest and I just started to like him. As a fellow fan who has been watching this show since middle school I can't hate on a big fan winning the game. About campaigning I don't think any juror has much influence over another. At this point they are all locked in a hotel by themselves and a bunch of houseguests from the more recent seasons have said they are forbidden to talk game unless the camera is on them. I do think if Vanessa wins she is one of the top female winners. I would probably put her in my top 5 winners knocking out Maggie.

Edited by choclatechip45

Read a quote online saying "Johnny Mac is this seasons Kaysar."

I think that's a total lie.

I loved Kaysar, but it had nothing to do with his game play which was pretty terrible, like he was at Ned Stark levels of "plotting". The only comparison there is that their popularity levels are about the same, because crazy and chaotic as it was, veering from great, to terrible and back again,  Johnny Brak pwed Kaysar's game and Kaysar is stone cold fox and incredibly charming, JBrak is NOT.

but neither are as popular as Kaysar was during Bb6.

Eh I think their about the same, S6 was a much much more popular season overall so relative to this seasons popularity I think Johnny Mac is the most popular houseguest, James is more straight up likable, but check out Twitter for real it's Teen Beat like in its' adoration of this guy.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

I actually think Liz has a shot against Steve. And I don't see how she didn't play just as good, if not better of a game. She was playing for 2 for 5 weeks, she was instrumental in stopping the Austin backdoor that shaped how the rest of the game played out, she's been actively involved in the majority alliance since week 2, she wins when she needs to, including single-handedly winning a BOTB that kept both her and Julia safe. Liz would be a much better winner than a creep who tries to endear himself to the audience by acting like a 5 year old.

But Vanessa really needs to take this or it'll go next to Danielle's loss in BB3 as one of the bigger BB injustices.

• Love 9