Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

John's strategy is a dangerous one, but not necessarily a bad one. His plan was basically to just befriend everyone, do whatever anyone wanted him to do, under the theory that they would all grow so used to him that they'll trust him when the game turned right around Jury time. The reason it is risky is because he could have easily found himself in a position where he's the agreed-upon alternate boot after a bigger target won POV. 

• Love 4

LMAO at Shelli right now. Acting like the ADC group is hiding behind group decisions. Her and Vanessa's hypocrisy is flabbergasting.

Well, V will have a week of solitary with nothing but empty JH walls to scream and cry at, so maybe she'll be toned down by the time the next lucky Juror crosses the threshold.

Nope! It's a DE. Someone will join her immediately.

• Love 1

OMG, Austin is telling Shelly THEY keep making everything be a group/house decision because THEY are cowards.  And Shelley is right there agreeing.  This is why I can't root for the Sixth Sense members.  They blame all this stuff on the others while in actuality they are talking about the stuff they did themselves. 

• Love 13

LMAO at Shelli right now. Acting like the ADC group is hiding behind group decisions. Her and Vanessa's hypocrisy is flabbergasting.

Nope! It's a DE. Someone will join her immediately.

Are they not sequestered until buyback time? I forget. 

• Love 2

ETA: Another thing that ADC has over Sixth Sense is that they actually like each other and enjoy hanging out. Shelli and Julia hate Austin. The twins aren't huge fans of Shelli. Austin/Liz are over Vanessa. The Sixth Sense was probably bound to fracture even if the others hadn't wised up.

• Love 3

Agreed peach! I haven't actually had a person to root for in Big Brother in so long, let alone an alliance of four people! And they aren't just being run over like Donny, Hayden, and Nicole. If any of ADC wins (I'm including Becky here), or even Julia or Liz, it will be a satisfying end for me.

• Love 4

Are they not sequestered until buyback time? I forget. 

They weren't last season. They all lived in the jury house until the comp. That's the only reason Nicole came in not still totally blinded by Derrick. If they'd been apart she still would've been lol.

I thought that was a bit of unnecessary taunting.

She didn't actually say it to Vanesssa. Although if she would have I would've loled. Vanessa would be SO shook by that piece of truth!

I am still just gobsmacked by Shelli saying the ADC has been hiding behind group decisions. Like that level of delusion is just too much for me to comprehend.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I'm a Vanessa fan, but she definitely torpedoed her game after a really strong start, and it will honestly be a relief to see her go. BUT, I also need a power shift in this house because ADC & Becky and co. are getting way too high and mighty, same as 6S was earlier in the season. Do these people not realize that power shifts are almost inevitable in this game?

Becky's smugness is completely off-putting to me. We got it, Becky. You got her. She's done. Good for you. Just be quiet now. I want to be a Becky fan so much, but I just cannot with her.

• Love 7

I mean, I'm gonna give them a bit of time. They just found out only 2 weeks ago that they've been played for fools for weeks, they lost a big ally/friend, and in the case of Becky they were tricked into believing their friends/allies were never with them and guilt-tripped into being grateful to the other side.

If when they lose power they're still acting cocky and delusional and smug (like, say, Vanessa and Shelli are) then I'll be annoyed.

• Love 6

I'm a Vanessa fan, but she definitely torpedoed her game after a really strong start, and it will honestly be a relief to see her go. BUT, I also need a power shift in this house because ADC & Becky and co. are getting way too high and mighty, same as 6S was earlier in the season. Do these people not realize that power shifts are almost inevitable in this game?

Becky's smugness is completely off-putting to me. We got it, Becky. You got her. She's done. Good for you. Just be quiet now. I want to be a Becky fan so much, but I just cannot with her.

Agreed. It's a hard day to be a Van fan. I do think she's intelligent, but just not in the house. She killed her own game. That being said, I'm no fan of Becky either. I just find her personality grating, and have since the beginning.

I'd love to see James turn on her eventually, as he can match her in the ability to win comps.

Meg is totally going to be F2, isn't she?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1

I agree, other than the wanting to like Becky part.  I'm sure Vanessa is being insufferable right now, but to be fair, she was JUST blindsided (including by her own alliance who she did not, to my knowledge, ever betray).  When her group blindsided Jason they didn't go out of their way to make him feel worse.  They actually seemed to feel bad for him on a personal level, and treated it like what it was - a game move.  Even Shelli and Clay lying about knowing, though insanely stupid, was for (misguided) self preservation. And even Austin, who had the most reason to be personally pissed off at Jason for spilling his secret, wasn't a dick to him.  And Jason's allies were there for him after the blindside, even knowing it was a lost cause.  Vanessa may have gotten herself into this by breaking the Austin deal and talking too much, but IMO she doesn't deserve to be shit on right now.  

• Love 7

I'm a Vanessa fan and agree that Becky got her. I can't give her props though because it feels way more personal than a game move. I think James is already doubting Becky, out of ADC he can at least separate the emotions out of his game. One of the problems with Vanessa's alliance is no one stepped up to help her, she did most of the heavy lifting and Shelli and Clay were too busy working the middle.

Once BOB ended, Vanessa should have stopped trying to appease everyone and pulled back. Social gaming worked for BOB since you have to work with another HOH but once the game reset she needed to regroup. Didn't help they had two endurance comps in a row and her alliance sucked at the comps.

ETA: Austin and the twins are going to be in deep trouble with out Vanessa because she was truly loyal to them. Shelli and Steve are already exploring other options.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 3

Once BOB ended, Vanessa should have stopped trying to appease everyone and pulled back. Social gaming worked for BOB since you have to work with another HOH but once the game reset she needed to regroup.

Yea, Vanessa really couldn't change up her strategy. She is not flexible, which is really the #1 thing you need to be in this game. Unless you're Derrick in a season full of idiots and twists that help you at every turn!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I mean, I'm gonna give them a bit of time. They just found out only 2 weeks ago that they've been played for fools for weeks, they lost a big ally/friend, and in the case of Becky they were tricked into believing their friends/allies were never with them and guilt-tripped into being grateful to the other side.

To me, ADC was just outplayed the first four weeks. Vanessa and Shelli were running shit and ADC stayed up all night, slept all day, and pretended they were at summer camp. I didn't see anything objectionable about how S6 played them. The biggest mistake made was Clelli's Jason denial. They horribly misplayed that. Then James won HOH and everything flipped like it ALWAYS does in this game.

• Love 9

She didn't actually say it to Vanesssa. Although if she would have I would've loled. Vanessa would be SO shook by that piece of truth!

I am still just gobsmacked by Shelli saying the ADC has been hiding behind group decisions. Like that level of delusion is just too much for me to comprehend.

That makes it better.

Shelli along with Vanessa is so concerned with looking like a good person while doing not so nice things to others. I like the "you are not good for my game" approach.

• Love 4

I agree, other than the wanting to like Becky part.  I'm sure Vanessa is being insufferable right now, but to be fair, she was JUST blindsided (including by her own alliance who she did not, to my knowledge, ever betray).  When her group blindsided Jason they didn't go out of their way to make him feel worse.  They actually seemed to feel bad for him on a personal level, and treated it like what it was - a game move.  Even Shelli and Clay lying about knowing, though insanely stupid, was for (misguided) self preservation. And even Austin, who had the most reason to be personally pissed off at Jason for spilling his secret, wasn't a dick to him.  And Jason's allies were there for him after the blindside, even knowing it was a lost cause.  Vanessa may have gotten herself into this by breaking the Austin deal and talking too much, but IMO she doesn't deserve to be shit on right now.  

THIS.

I never for a second believed Vanessa made her moves gleefully and full of the vitriol that Becky is showing right now. Even with Jeff, I never saw her go too personal or constantly bash him (please someone correct me if I'm wrong about this). The worst I ever saw her say about him is that he was playing all sides. With Becky, I can feel the Vanessa hate oozing out of her pores and I never got that from when 6S were in power. 

Edited by Laika
  • Love 9

I knew I would enjoy Vanessa's meltdown and I am. A small part of me wants her to stay because she is so entertaining, but I want to see if Shelli can rise from the ashes. I think she has a much better shot than Vanessa, and that would be interesting to me to watch.

All I know is that this double eviction has all of the ingredients to be outstanding. I mean, maybe not "clown shoe" outstanding but still could change a lot.

• Love 8

It's weird they can't use Freaks & Geeks (if it is true it is because of the show name) since Sixth Sense was a movie...

Could it be because Freaks and Geeks was not a CBS show?

That's the only thing that makes sense to me, because it's my understanding that titles cannot be copyrighted. Bear in mind that I am not a lawyer. Nor do I play one on TV.

Also, Austin seems like the type who fancies himself to be very "romantic" and "sensitive" when he's really just clingy and controlling and creepy. Again, a "romantic" and "sensitive" guy would not dump his lady love on TV for a half-assed showmance. He was probably waiting to see whether there were any girls he was into who would make a good showmance partner to shore up his "persona" on the show.

I would bet good money that at some point in his younger years he would complain that women never go for "nice guys," not realizing that being clingy and controlling does not equal "nice."

I can't believe they were dumb enough to bring BOtB back again this year in the first place after how boring last season was. It's such an awful idea and the results have spoken for themselves. I do hope that they've learned, but they didn't last time so I'm not so optimistic.

I don't remember BB ditching not one but two failed concepts in a season. Yes, Takeover Week, I'm looking at you. That said, many of the details of a season fly right out of my head by the end of September. Or in the case of The Generals alliance, by the end of that week.

• Love 4

I guess Shelli doesn't remember staging a house meeting and making a 12 person alliance to vote Audrey out.

• Love 5
I never for a second believed Vanessa made her moves gleefully and full of the vitriol that Becky is showing right now.

I'll just comment on the "gleefully" part.  Vanessa wouldn't know glee if it played poker across the table from her.

• Love 7

I knew I would enjoy Vanessa's meltdown and I am. A small part of me wants her to stay because she is so entertaining, but I want to see if Shelli can rise from the ashes. I think she has a much better shot than Vanessa, and that would be interesting to me to watch.

All I know is that this double eviction has all of the ingredients to be outstanding. I mean, maybe not "clown shoe" outstanding but still could change a lot.

I would love to see a Shelli comeback as well. I think she has it in her.

"Clown shoe" was the single greatest and happiest moment in Big Brother history for me. I almost cried with joy when that douchenozzle got evicted by the hands of Porsche and Kalia (sorry Jeff fans.)

What was the Generals alliance?  

Becky, Vanessa, Clay and Shelli I believe.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 3

Vanessa's game imploded because of a poor strategic decision to get rid of Jason, awful social game, and emotional outbursts. She was actually one of my favorites coming into the season. She played fine the first two weeks and it all went to hell once she got in power. She just isolated herself with her alliance. Rarely had conversations or connected on a personal level with the others. Just delusional to think they were going to be in power forever. 

• Love 3

Yes, I like Shelli a bit more without Clay around. She's good, and much calmer at the game than Vanessa is. I don't love her, but she's a good competitor and it will be interesting to see if she can survive the DE and maybe the week after.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

I just can't take the twins anymore. They both suck so much ass. They're like little purse dogs who bark constantly. They talk a big game but know damn well they aren't going to do shit.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

My problem with Austin is that he's a bully. He was probably picked on in elementary/middle school and once he had his growth spurt and got so tall then he became untouchable.

Austin couldn't have been bullied.  He was home-schooled.

I would love to see a Shelli comeback as well. I think she has it in her.

"Clown shoe" was the single greatest and happiest moment in Big Brother history for me. I almost cried with joy when that douchenozzle got evicted by the hands of Porsche and Kalia (sorry Jeff fans.)

Does he have fans?  :P

Yes with Shelli, I think she just may pull it off.  I would like that.  

I also see Shelli pulling out a with a win. Amazingly, James has even said if Shelli win HOH on the double eviction his butt is outta here. Shelli is a smart player and is doing so much better without Clay. Of course, if Vanessa makes her way back into the house it might get a little crazy if both Shelli & Vanessa are in each other's orbit. Sounds like fun!

• Love 1

Becky, Vanessa, Clay and Shelli I believe.

Shelly had a hand in it, too.  Don't forget that! ;)

And the Generals was Becky, Vanessa, Jackie, and Shelli, as far as Becky knew.

Does [Jeff] have fans?  :P

@Sara2009 and @Runningwild, but thankfully, that's about it, at least in terms of those who came over from TWoP.  Most of the other fans of him went on to different sites after TWoP went down and are hopefully far away from here.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

Vanessa's game imploded because she wanted to be in control of everything, but take responsibility for nothing.

This, exactly. At the beginning of the season I was rooting for Vanessa. I thought a poker player would play a subtle, thoughtful game. I thought she would watch, move when necessary, and pull back when aggressive play isn't needed. But instead she's all over the place. Demanding agreements and promises like she runs the house. I guess I wanted a redo of last year, but with a new Derrick playing against people who wanted to win. Her game reads like a crazed bully to me.

Now I want Vanessa out and I want Shelli out. I want to watch what happens when the former leaders leave the house early enough to watch everyone else scramble.

• Love 8

If Vanessa & Shelli are back to back I'm sure they will be very real in jury. That said, I think Shelli will survive the double eviction. I think the odds are her favor....I think....

I'm so glad Vanessa is reading the bible. Obviously, that's what one does when they have been nominated and/or backdoored. LOL!!!

Now, they are talking about the after party. Let's not get ahead of ourselves people. LOL!!!!

Well, Steve is definitely not this season's Victoria or Cody. If either one of them were on the block and won the veto, pretty sure they would have not used if they knew Derrick was going up in their place. Cody just handed $500k to Derrick. Victoria would have done the same.

Shelly had a hand in it, too. Don't forget that! ;)

And the Generals was Becky, Vanessa, Jackie, and Shelli, as far as Becky knew

@Sara2009 and @Runningwild, but thankfully, that's about it, at least in terms of those who came over from TWoP. Most of the other fans of him went on to different sites after

TWoP went down and are hopefully far away

from here.

I've said before that I'm NOT a Jeff fan. I like his interactions with Jordan, but I don't care for him individually.

• Love 3

I'm a Vanessa fan and agree that Becky got her. I can't give her props though because it feels way more personal than a game move. I think James is already doubting Becky, out of ADC he can at least separate the emotions out of his game. One of the problems with Vanessa's alliance is no one stepped up to help her, she did most of the heavy lifting and Shelli and Clay were too busy working the middle.

Once BOB ended, Vanessa should have stopped trying to appease everyone and pulled back. Social gaming worked for BOB since you have to work with another HOH but once the game reset she needed to regroup. Didn't help they had two endurance comps in a row and her alliance sucked at the comps.

ETA: Austin and the twins are going to be in deep trouble with out Vanessa because she was truly loyal to them. Shelli and Steve are already exploring other options.

I haven't seen Becky personally attacking Vanessa. She was short with Vanessa, which I believe was truly distressing to Vanessa, but she's not obligated to indulge Vanessa's interrogation just because that's what Vanessa wants. I understand why she didn't want to go around and around with V's endless questions and arguments and trying to get Becky to throw someone under the bus. if Vanessa were a more reasonable person I might think worse of Becky being so indifferent to her "suffering," but... it's Vanessa. She's exhausting and no answer will satisfy her.

Behind V's back, I have seen Becky talk a lot about why she doesn't like V's gameplay and some of that includes statements along the lines of "She's so awful..." that could be taken as personal attacks, but, to me, in context it's clear that she's talking about V's gameplay/annoying behavior in the house, not really maligning her as a person. I think that they all tend to beat various subjects into the ground just because that's the nature of life in the house and the game, so it can be annoying when they won't shut up about whatever, especially if it's something negative, but I get it. Vanessa has gone around claiming that Becky yelled at her when she didn't and called her "not a nice person," which I think is worse than anything Becky has said about her.

Vanessa has absolutely tanked her game by doing too much for her alliance without considering how it would affect her own game, which I think is a byproduct of her overplaying so much in general. When she wasn't in any particular danger and it would have benefited her to just hang back, she concocted elaborate plots to keep her allies safe, ensure her and their safety for weeks to come, etc., etc. Everything she did made the target on her back bigger and  she just kept going and going and going. At the end of the day, she was actually loyal to her core 6S alliance, even to the point of stupidity, but she engaged in so much machination that she ended up verbally throwing all of them under the bus at one time or another, making her appear shady, even though her actions in the end were always pro-6S. I think that she's  genuinely hurt and confused by the way things have turned out and I'm not sure that she'll ever get why 6S don't trust her as much as she thinks they should.

• Love 13

Shelli and John are talking about the fact that once Vanessa leaves there will be three groups in the house: James/Jackie/Meg/Becky, Liz/Austin/Julia, and John/Steve/Shelli. They have to decide which side of the house they want to join. John is pushing for Shelli to go with Becky's side (due to his relationship with Becky). Shelli seems opens to it but wonders if James will want to work with her. John also told her that if he wins HoH he will nominate the twins and backdoor Austin.

• Love 3

That was a surprisingly bright & logical conversation between John & Shelli. It sounds like a good plan & I don't hate Dhelli as much now. LOL!!! Of course, it all hinges on who wins the DE HOH. I'm looking forward to see how it all plays out on Thursday.

• Love 2

Shelli would be safer going with the ADC, but I don't know how receptive they would actually be to working with her. James might because he's so worried about her winning. Her best odds are probably trying to pitch a deal where they all agree to target Austin and the twins during the double, which would be the smartest play for all involved at this point. That trio needs to be broken up sooner rather than later. The best play would be to boot Liz, IMO. But JMac seems to want Austin first.

Vanessa going on about Becky's hypocrisy. She's like a broken record at this point. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

From Joker's:

08/10/15 03:33 PM Vanessa is mad about Becky making up reasons to put her up instead of admitting it's a game move.

Is this real life? No one can possibly be this oblivious.

• Love 14