Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I didn't get to hear the context of this quote, but I'm hoping Austin meant more along the lines of: Steve is awkward in real life, so he probably does better online. I know that's how I am. I'm less 'weird and awkward' online than I am initially with other people face to face.

I'm going to chose to believe this because there are so few people to root for at this point.

We've got ourselves a crapshoot! They're practicing on it now. I'm hoping a repeat of last year when Nicole tried to throw it and ended up winning. Meg and John HOH anyone?

I actually am fine with most of the HGs at this point. Shelli/Clay are that gross famewhores couple I just want to go away, Jeff and Jackie annoy me, but that's kind of it. I think Audrey is the worst, but in the most entertaining way. I still want to punch John in his DRs, but I don't mind him on the feeds. I guess my bar is ridiculously low at this point, but I just don't have a real hatred for anyone yet.

• Love 2

I guess my bar is ridiculously low at this point, but I just don't have a real hatred for anyone yet.

My bar is probably too high because I hate pretty much everyone lol.

Oh great, a crapshoot HOH. I bet $100 that Jeff and James win. I can't have nice things!

• Love 2

I guess my bar is ridiculously low at this point, but I just don't have a real hatred for anyone yet.

Same. I think it's because after the hell that was Big Brother 15 (I actually skipped last season bc I was still bitter about BB15), where basically everyone but maybe one or two people were horrible human beings, these kids this season aren't so bad. At least none of them seem to be hateful. They're mostly just dumb and terrible at this game.

• Love 1
Sure he went to college and played football, but don't they have a minimum GPA that they have to carry in order to play? Did he pay someone to do all his school work?

I worked in the athletic department of a major university (strong in football, basketball and other sports).  The football players had A LOT of help.  Tutors...easy special seminar-classes a 5th grader could pass.  These classes were meant to assure the players of an A...to bring up that bad GPA.  This is not generalizing all football players...but there were plenty--more than basketball players whose playing schedules were much more difficult.

• Love 1

Shelli & Clay are so annoying & power hungry. Although, Sheli doesn't seem to have any problem with Clay telling her what to do. I'm hoping someone like Jason gets one of the HOH's to shake up the house a bit and maybe put up one of them. I'm sure Shelli will start balling her eyes out. It appears it's a given for Day to get evicted tomorrow. Another predictable eviction night. Two weeks of a boring eviction.

I thought Candice and Howard were both horrible at the game, though I agree that the shitty social atmosphere that season was not their fault at all.

I don't agree.  I thought both of them had good heads for the game.  If nothing else, Candice was the one who sniffed out the Moving Company.  And both were good at observing and mentally noting things.  The one thing they had a problem with was what Da'Vonne has a problem with now: putting their observations into viable strategies.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's funny how I thought the twin twist was for HG in discovering the twins. Apparently, it just if the twins don't get evicted out before week 5. Granted, Julie never mentioned it but I just assumed something more from it. I'm kind of meh on it. There isn't really any benefit from figuring it out. Kind of dumb!

Edited by ByaNose

I'm fine with this season in general. I mean, it's not great, but it's not awful, either. Honestly, at this point, I'm actually kind of okay with them bringing back HGs for next season. I always hated them bringing HGs back, but I liked Season 14 a lot better than the last three seasons in general. 

Audrey told Davonne she wants to save her now. They had a handshake and everything. Production isn't very subtle about who they want to keep and who they will use to manufacture drama.

It's funny how I thought the twin twist was for HG in discovering the twins. Apparently, it just if the twins don't get evicted out before week 5. Granted, Julie never mentioned it but I just assumed something more from it. I'm kind of meh on it. There isn't really any benefit from figuring it out. Kind dumb!

There could have been some benefit from figuring it out if the person(s) who figured out attempted to use that information to advance their game. Someone could have told Liz that they were onto her, but would keep quiet  in exchange for whatever or used the info to undermine Liz, like getting her put on the block instead of themselves. It's not really TPTB's fault that Day pissed away any advantage that she might have gotten.

• Love 1

Audrey told Davonne she wants to save her now. They had a handshake and everything. Production isn't very subtle about who they want to keep and who they will use to manufacture drama.

I don't think it really has to do with production. I just chalk it up to Audrey being Audrey. By tomorrow she'll probably be trying to spin that John told her that James said everyone was keeping Day, and also that Day was just trying to use Audrey to get Becky's vote. Or something less logical. The woman has basically admitted in the DR she lies just to lie. Hell, I've seen her lie just to lie. Exhibit A: the stupid Jase vote which pretty much everyone thinks is her, and no one really cares.

• Love 1

Even if Audrey votes to keep Davonne (who knows if that's even true) she still doesn't have the votes to stay, even with production rigging the twist for her. Liz/Austin are not flipping and neither is Steve or John. Day is dead in the water, but Audrey doesn't realize it.

And if production is trying this hard to save Davonne just wait until Audrey is in danger. Gonna be some big time riggage in the coming weeks.

(edited)

It's funny how I thought the twin twist was for HG in discovering the twins. Apparently, it just if the twins don't get evicted out before week 5. Granted, Julie never mentioned it but I just assumed something more from it. I'm kind of meh on it. There isn't really any benefit from figuring it out. Kind dumb!

If I recall correctly, the slogan for the season that last had a twin twist like this was DNA or Do Not Assume. Or was that the one with the siblings who didn't know they were siblings? Or was that both? Or should I just go to sleep now?

Edited by Liqidclark

I wish BB would tell the HG to stop the stupid "podcast". It's so dumb and it's like they are all trying to land another job before the show ends. It's so embarrassing. I was wondering where I had seen Austin before but Rob mentioned it on the podcast. He was a host on Afterbuzz TV. It was either for BB, Amazing Race or Survivor since it's the only time I watch it. Anyway, since he doing the Live Podcast I guess he's angling for another job in case he doesn't win. He's too gross for me. Actually, he's too tall, too many tattoos and too long hair. He's just too too much for me. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish BB would tell the HG to stop the stupid "podcast".

Amen to that.  I barely paid attention to any of that tonight.

He's too gross for me. Actually, he's too tall, too many tattoos and too long hair.

I realized tonight that in the face along with his hair, Austin reminds me too much of Gene Simmons, and that's not a good thing.   Gross is right.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

I wish BB would tell the HG to stop the stupid "podcast". It's so dumb and it's like they are all trying to land another job before the show ends. It's so embarrassing. I was wondering where I had seen Austin before but Rob mentioned it on the podcast. He was a host on Afterbuzz TV. It was either for BB, Amazing Race or Survivor since it's the only time I watch it. Anyway, since he doing the Live Podcast I guess he's angling for another job in case he doesn't win. He's too gross for me. Actually, he's too tall, too many tattoos and too long hair. He's just too too much for me. LOL!!!!

They were going to stop it and Becky came out of the DR telling them that America loved it.

Outside of the podcasts, and shit-talking, and pity parties, this cast doesn't seem to do anything. Day got a big power and shrugged it off. They found out twins are in the house and mostly just used it to talk about whether one was fat. Audrey told Day she was going to keep her and Day decided to spend the night having some laughs. 

I guess all the twists make the people they cast now more interested in laying around than in caring about the game.

Julia really is skinnier though, and nicer, while Liz is more athletic and bitchier. I just think they picked the least identical twins they could have, especially when their hair is up, Julia looks completely different from Liz and I can't believe it's taken even his long for anyone to twig.

Once I found out they were the twins, that explained why I was pleasantly surprised by "Liz." In the first episode, I pegged Liz as obnoxious because of her "Other women are always jealous of me," comment. In the second episode, I liked her, and thought that the "jealous" remark was prompted by production. Now I am assuming that it was Julia I liked in the second episode.

I've been sad watching Day's game self-destruct, because I like her and she was fun to watch. But she was far too quick to get offended when someone didn't do exactly as she wanted them to, and then immediately switched them from ally to enemy. The whole Clay/Audrey brouhaha was the best example. Clay was and is an idiot, and made one of the worst apologies in the history of ever (and he had two tries at it, too). But instead of going the practical route and relegating Clay to the outer fringe of her alliance (where he was anyway), she mentally kicked him right out. And Audrey was right to go to Clay in an attempt to keep their alliance together, but Day read that as total betrayal. it didn't seem to occur to her that being a team player and sucking some stuff up to further the group goals would have been a better move this early in the game. But I suppose that as a poker dealer, her main job is to run her table and report to her boss, rather than to have compromise as one does in an office environment.

I think Audrey is the worst, but in the most entertaining way. I still want to punch John in his DRs, but I don't mind him on the feeds. I guess my bar is ridiculously low at this point, but I just don't have a real hatred for anyone yet.

Yeah, now that Jace is gone, James, Jason, and Clay are the people I most dislike, but nowhere close to the levels of hate I had for some of the players from the last two seasons. Of course, it's early yet.

I've seen Audrey compared to Amanda, but I disagree with that entirely. I think Audrey came into the game thinking that if she spread confusion out like a smoke screen, she'd be safe behind it and could exert some behind-the-scenes control. Unfortunately, she badly overdid it. Amanda wanted control, and she wanted others to know she had control, and she got it because she was as mean and vicious as a junkyard dog. Audrey has done a bit of trash talking, but I don't see her as vicious in any way.

John's voice in his DRs sounds to me like Dan on crack.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Day is setting Audrey up good if Audrey gives her a vote. If Day goes (which she very well be) she will have Jason and possibly Audrey. If she gets only 2 votes the other HGs know Jason will be her only vote. Audrey voted out Jackie last week so if she plays keep Day the HGs will know. Now that would be some last laugh because the house is ready to come after Audrey.

Edited by BlackMamba

I think that AG/TPTB think that having a mostly young, attractive cast is good for the show. Their idea of an exciting season is one in which people are hooking up and doing "outrageous" things like streaking and getting into screaming matches, so that's what they try to achieve through casting. I think they think that "older" (quotes because it seems like their definition of "old" is anyone over 30) people and emotionally stable people are boring. Even young people who are generally emotionally stable tend to unravel more quickly than older people and younger people are also more susceptible to producer manipulation.

Also, younger players are more easily manipulated.

Is anyone watching UnReal on Lifetime? It's a scripted drama about the production of a Bachelor-type reality show... except it's more like Big Brother because episodes are airing soon after they finished filming and they're reacting to media coverage of the show. The producer lives up to a lot of the ways I imagine AG to be. She uses the viewers to justify the show's racist tendencies, she refuses to adapt to changing circumstances (in the pilot, the bachelor eliminates the woman pegged as the season's villain, her response is to try to find a way to keep that villain on the show).

I think that's how AG approaches the casting, too. She tends to look at everyone in these simplified roles that presume her viewers are idiots, so there's no need to find someone a little different like a WeHo muscle queen or a black woman who isn't angry or sassy.

First off, everyone votes with the house since......ever!!! When did that all start? Was that during the racists season?

I remember during Evel Dick's season voting with the house was a big deal. When there was one person who didn't vote with the house there would be screaming witchhunts with accusations being thrown around.

• Love 3

One of the reasons I think this season is tanking in the ratings so far is because the group mix is bad and there are so few people to like at all.

The ratings are almost identical this year to the last two.  Ever since BB started airing before July 4 (15th season), the pattern has been the same.  Season premier has 6.5 to 6.9 million viewers.  That number drops in following weeks, and hits a low around the July 4th holiday.  This year's low was a bit lower than in past years.  But that same night the women's world cup final in soccer aired, and swamped every show.  

Interested to see how the numbers pan out from here.  But so far, they haven't tanked at all IMO.   

• Love 2

I actually really like this season. I think this is the most entertaining cast since BB11. I wasn't into 12. I find half returners season boring. 15 was full of hateful racists and last season whenever something interesting happened  Derrick shut it down. I think Audrey is the best piece of casting since Dr. Will.

• Love 5
(edited)

Julia has admitted to Vanessa she is a twin and is on her and Austin's side as the only 2 people she truly trusts. She gave permission for Vanessa to tell Shelli, Clay and Austin so they can help keep the twins in until week 5 so they can gain an extra member for their alliance.

ETA: Vanessa is playing the hand she's dealt and I really like her. I'm rooting for Vanessa to win this thing. Day played figuring out the twin situation all wrong. In my opinion, she's very perceptive and smart but she's too impulsive and emotional for this game. Her blowup with Audrey however justified is why she is leaving. Had she handled things better and was a little more calculated, it would be Audrey up there right now instead of her.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 3

I think Vanessa has gone from a really bad place to a really great place in this game. She clearly just spent the first weeks observing people and feeling them out, and now she's building connections to exactly the right people and planting the right seeds at the right time. Not only do they all seem loyal to her, but all of her allies are great shields - physical beast Austin, twins Liz/Julia, showmance Shelli/Clay and awkward superfan Steve. Odds are they're going to be targetted before her.

I'm seriously impressed by her game, but I'm worried about the luck factor. I really hope she doesn't get screwed. 

• Love 6

the house is ready to come after Audrey.

The house is/was already going to come for Audrey, that is not some great game play set up by Day. And more importantly a  wonky vote for Day hasn't happened (I actually hope someone OTHER than Audrey does it). What I love about Audrey is that she gives no fucks, she just does crazy shit and hopes she'll get herself out if it (like Dr. Will), and this week she most certainly did, if anyone has the last laugh between Day and Audrey it's Audrey since Day's ass went out of the house first.

Yeah I'm really glad Vanessa is proving to be the ringer so far at least in terms of pure game play, and I'd HOPE that even bad luck will not screw her since she's a pro at having to work the hands she's dealt.

• Love 1
(edited)

Vanessa is proving that she came to win. Hey it's not her fault the twin revealed herself and Shaly are gonna fall into her trap. I think shes cleverly planted the seeds well on both sides of the house. You keep Shlay temporary until jury then you stick it to they asses. Because now they are so comfortable and they are kind of the biggest targets in.the house. I'm also thrilled she doesn't trust Jeff. She building that trust and working on her early jury management.

Edited by BlackMamba

I want to root for Vanessa and the twins but don't like Shelli and Clay. Quite the dilemma.

But I agree that Vanessa is just playing the hand she has been dealt. She's developed a solid trust with Shelli. It's not like she has any connections to the other side (James/Jason/Meg/Jeff) or the pieces of furniture (Becky/Jackie). I just worry Clay will screw it up because he can't keep his mouth shut, especially to Jeff. Jeff is already suspicious of Vanessa. If he gets in power next week I could see Clay giving away everything.

If I recall correctly, the slogan for the season that last had a twin twist like this was DNA or Do Not Assume. Or was that the one with the siblings who didn't know they were siblings? Or was that both? Or should I just go to sleep now?

Season 5 had both the twin twist and the two people who didn't know they were related.

Outside of the podcasts, and shit-talking, and pity parties, this cast doesn't seem to do anything.

What in the world CAN they do?  There is NOTHING in that house- in between competitions there is zero stimulus for them.  I'd say it would be a great opportunity to learn to cook, but they don't  get cookbooks. They should get a board game closet or something.

• Love 3

I'm telling you - having watched Vanessa play poker for years - her gameplay is just as good as her table play:  She is doing what she does best -- assessing the situation, and exploiting strengths/weaknesses of other players and making her move based on advantage.   It is awesome watching a player who actually thinks long term and plays accordingly - and there are some actual strategic players this year.   (Derrick kinda did...but, let's be honest:  He wasn't exactly slotted against a brain trust.)

• Love 3

What in the world CAN they do?  There is NOTHING in that house- in between competitions there is zero stimulus for them.  I'd say it would be a great opportunity to learn to cook, but they don't  get cookbooks. They should get a board game closet or something.

I like that idea a lot. I know they've had Jenga and chess in the past, but give them a sure-fire conflict producer like Risk and watch the sparks fly. Why, in my family, I was thirty before I played a game of it with my siblings that ended normally instead of with someone sweeping the board off the table and stomping away. The game is perfect for BB!

In fact, give then several sets so that they could have a Risk tournament. Winner gets a cash prize.

• Love 4

I'm telling you - having watched Vanessa play poker for years - her gameplay is just as good as her table play:  She is doing what she does best -- assessing the situation, and exploiting strengths/weaknesses of other players and making her move based on advantage.   It is awesome watching a player who actually thinks long term and plays accordingly - and there are some actual strategic players this year.   (Derrick kinda did...but, let's be honest:  He wasn't exactly slotted against a brain trust.)

It's still so early but outside of Vanessa I'm not seeing any player who could be that master strategist type. Austin impresses me at times but he doesn't have a good read on the house and talks too damn much. These people are definitely more observant that last year's cast but that could be because everyone leaks information like it's their job.

I saw someone say Jeff is playing like Derrick, which I couldn't disagree with more. Jeff is Audrey Lite the way he lies and tries to play every side of the house against each other. Given what an absolute douchebag he is, I couldn't be happier that his game has already been exposed.

• Love 3

I hope Vanessa is the HOH this week. I'm pretty sure she would put up Audrey and a pawn with the plan being to backdoor misogynist dumbfuck Jeff. That would be ideal considering just the other day he was shit talking Vanessa, saying that she's not even playing the game and is just taking up space.

• Love 1

I think Jeff thinks he's playing like Derrick but yea he is in no way actually doing that. He has a lot of people in his corner though, but I don't know if he really deserves credit for that since it makes little sense to me and I just chalk it up to people being idiots.

I hate Vanessa, but if she wants to backdoor Jeff then I'm on board with her getting HOH. Although for entertainment purposes it might be funny if the HOHs are Vanessa and Jeff. And then maybe Vanessa could still backdoor Jeff and then maybe BOB can fucking end!

(edited)

I think Jeff thinks he's playing like Derrick but yea he is in no way actually doing that. He has a lot of people in his corner though, but I don't know if he really deserves credit for that since it makes little sense to me and I just chalk it up to people being idiots.

I hate Vanessa, but if she wants to backdoor Jeff then I'm on board with her getting HOH. Although for entertainment purposes it might be funny if the HOHs are Vanessa and Jeff. And then maybe Vanessa could still backdoor Jeff and then maybe BOB can fucking end!

Jeff does have a lot of people in his corner, namely Austin and Clay (along with Meg). Which is why I think this alliance is set up to fail. Vanessa can't really bring Austin in because he thinks he's tight with Jeff even though Jeff wants his roided ass out. Clay won't want to cut his dudebro this soon. Also, Vanessa is tight with Steve who Austin cannot stand. There's just too many pieces working against each other.

It's imperative for Vanessa to get Jeff out because he's the only one in the house who I've heard say she's sketchy. He's absolutely going to target her if he gets in power, and possibly before Audrey.

Edited by Cutty

Vanessa can't really bring Austin in because he thinks he's tight with Jeff even though Jeff wants his roided ass out.

Eh I think she can totally control Austin, especially if she and Lizulia are now tight. If Vanessa tells Lizulia to tell Austin Jeff is NOT to be trusted and to burn him, Austin will.

Jeff's voice gets on my nerves. Although, I'm not sure why. His voice is monotone & never changes. Is it just me who notices it or heads it?

The only reason his voice gets on my nerves is because it's NON-STOP!   He knows everyone, everything, and is just so fabulous.  You don't even have to ask him.  I'm sure he starts these conversations with people on the street.

• Love 1

Clay had his Jeff epiphany and realized he had to cut him loose last night and Vanessa has told Austin that Jeff is not his friend. Now whether or not Clay and Austin stick to not talking to Jeff is another story.

• Love 1

Vanessa is playing the hand she's dealt and I really like her. I'm rooting for Vanessa to win this thing. Day played figuring out the twin situation all wrong. In my opinion, she's very perceptive and smart but she's too impulsive and emotional for this game. Her blowup with Audrey however justified is why she is leaving. Had she handled things better and was a little more calculated, it would be Audrey up there right now instead of her.

First rule of game theory: in a multiplayer scenario (either cooperative or semi-cooperative), the best play is almost always that which benefits the greatest number of players.

Up until now, the twin twist has been a burden JuLiz has borne alone, fearing being targeted for eviction if exposed. In that context, contrast the differences between Da's and V's strategies:

• Da's approach to the twin twist illustrates little or no understanding of this gaming concept. Her strategy basically boiled down to a threat: "Look, Liz or whoever you are - I know your secret, and so do my opponents. Keep me in the game, and I'll try to keep them from exposing and targeting you." The benefit to Da is definitely positive - she stays in the game for at least another week. The effect on Da's allies is at best neutral, or slightly negative. They keep Da but lose Meg, so their prospective numbers stay static, but in the process they lose Meg's arguably superior social game. The effect on JuLiz's game, however, is either neutral (maintenance of the status quo) or severely negative (exposure resulting in eviction).

Also - the terms in which Da couched her offer indicated the only people cluing in on the twist were Da and Da's opponents. Da didn't give any indication of knowledge of or support by her alliance for a deal - so no extra support there, and possibly negative blowback if/when the twist is revealed. Da's proposal benefits only Da.

• In contrast, V's approach to the twin twist demonstrates how well she understands this gaming concept. The effect on Vanessa is positive; it gives her an "in" to create a sizable alliance and voting bloc which will protect her, and which she has been lacking. The effect on her fledgling alliance is positive: they grow their ranks immediately by one member, and eventually by two - giving them an ongoing edge in control of the House. For JuLiz, the effect is massively positive; the twin twist ceases to be a burden and becomes an asset, as alliance members actively work to protect JuLiz and the additional number(s) they represent. V's proposition benefits a sizable chunk of the House, so long as the new alliance can hold ranks.

Major props to Vanessa. John Nash would be proud of her.

• Love 10

Not even two evictions in and I'm already dreading the rest of the season. It's gonna be a long summer watching Clay and Shelli. Long fucking sumer. 

• Love 6
(edited)

From Joker's:

Thu 10:18 AM BBT Audrey: Why did Liz lie?

Thu 10:17 AM BBT Clay says that Liz said that she didn't tell Audrey she was voting for Day

Thu 10:16 AM BBT Audrey is in HOH. Audrey says Jeff told her that everyone thought she was making it up that Liz said she was voting for Day to stay

Thu 10:14 AM BBT Austin runs into Audrey in the bathroom. Audrey tells Austin that Liz told her she was going to vote to keep Day.

No wonder ClamShell isn't worried. Audrey says Liz is voting to keep Da, and Audrey always lies; therefore, Liz is voting to evict Da, which only further validates Liz as an ally to ClamShell.

Helluva job there, Audio. Keep cranking up that volume.

ETA: fixed typos and formatting

Edited by Nashville
give them a sure-fire conflict producer like Risk and watch the sparks fly.

Oh man that would be something to watch alright.

Agree that Vanessa seems to be playing a great game.  I still wonder if her initial crying/breakdown was real or manufactured/exaggerated to make her appear a bit weaker and give her an excuse to stay apart from the rest for a little while in order to make her observations.