Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I don't know why it took me so long to think of this, but given how tightly Bethenny is wound, how close her emotions are to the surface and how quickly she angers, I worry about Bryn. Not sure how much time Bethenny actually spends with her, despite her determination to "spend every minute with her," or words very close to that. But however much time they have together, Bryn must be exposed to Mommy's irrational behavior and screeching voice. In addition, if Bryn is a normal child, she will do things that test her mother. I seriously worry about Bethenny flying off what little handle she has left and losing it in front of her child, even directing her anger at her daughter. Scary.

IMO, just mine, I think Bryn is safe for now but once she hits puberty/teen years and really starts challenging her mom, like most kids do............well, lets just say, I hope Bethenny gets real help before then.

• Love 6

So, where was Ramona picking up Avery?  Doesn't she go to Emory in Georgia?

She transferred to UVA so she likely came in on the train. 

I feared the return of Bethany would affect my love for this show.  It has.  It's changed the whole dynamic.  Almost every damn thing is about her.  She sucks the life out of everything else. 

• Love 12
(edited)
Paying Bethenny 1 million for a season is nothing to Bravo

If money meant nothing to Bravo/NBC, TWoP would still be in operation. 

The feckers couldn't even shell out the $$$ to archive the whole site online. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 9

I know "skinny" is a charged word and not without negative connotations, but it's still a trait that many women aspire to (as opposed to "Fat Girl"). So much about branding involves psychology and getting into people's heads, and on that front, Bethenny did bowl a strike.

I think it's horrible. Her entire empire is built on the concept of women aspiring to be skinny enough to fit into a four-year-olds pajamas. I think it's an unhealthy and damaging message to promote. That being said, I totally agree with you about using psychology in marketing, and Bethenny is undoubtedly sneering at my criticism, and laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 11

I think it's horrible. Her entire empire is built on the concept of women aspiring to be skinny enough to fit into a four-year-olds pajamas. I think it's an unhealthy and damaging message to promote. That being said, I totally agree with you about using psychology in marketing, and Bethenny is undoubtedly sneering at my criticism, and laughing all the way to the bank.

While I agree with you, ARCHER1267 isn't wrong either. The name is a smart marketing tool for targeted consumers because despite the fact that she is perpetuating a problem that plagues society, people still do gravitate any promises of loss weight. 

Sun tanning is bad and almost every sensible person know that, but there are many sun worshippers out there. Lame example, I know.

• Love 5
(edited)

I popped over to see Kristen's nail polish line. You really can't see the colors well because rather than give the buyer color splotches to have a sense of what the colors are you get a photo of the bottle and have to look through the glass bottle and the logo to see the distorted color.

I'm not really into the colored polishes, but these colored nail polishes are all over the place now and I'm wondering what is supposed to separate her from the hundreds already out there. 

I feared the return of Bethany would affect my love for this show.  It has.  It's changed the whole dynamic.  Almost every damn thing is about her.  She sucks the life out of everything else.

And that's the problem in a nutshell.  I hated that she was coming back, and I have not consistently watched this season because she wears me out.  You can see it whenever she walks into a room where the other ladies are - the whole tone changes.

This is especially true of the Berkshire dinner.  All was fine, all was fun, it was a great gathering.  But when Bethenny walked in and said "Ding Dong", the whole thing changed.   I could feel it through my TV.

Bravo/Andy are banking on her bringing viewers, but Bethenny is polarizing and I just don't think her fan base is all its cracked up to be.  Certainly was not big enough to save her talk show.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

I'm not really into the colored polishes, but these colored nail polishes are all over the place now and I'm wondering what is supposed to separate her from the hundreds already out there. 

I don't know how they are marketing her line exactly but the price is the selling point for me as a consumer. It is half the price of O.P.I, Essie or Sally Hansen for example. If I go into Ricky's, where I assume they carry all these lines, I'll buy POC without hesitating because I am a girl on a budget. 

I won't lie, the packaging is also PRETTY lol.

• Love 6

I cut Bethanny A LOT of slack. Maybe too much.

My son is almost the same age as Brynn, they are off by about a month in age. When I watched her have Brynn on Bethanny Ever After, I was a new mom myself. So, I relate to her and cannot IMAGINE how devastated I would be if I were separated from my sweet newly 5 year old for as much as she has to be. I think Heather or any of them saying that everyone goes through tough times, or not being understanding of how crucial and precious her time with Brynn is is really callous. Kristen and Heather have NO CLUE what it would be like to be away from their kids for as much and as consistently as Bethanny has to be. I have no clue either, but it must be like missing a limb.

I also, for some inexplicable reason really just like her.

• Love 7

The same thing that separates Ramona's Pinot Grigio from all the other Pinot Grigio wines on the market.

• Love 4

My son is almost the same age as Brynn, they are off by about a month in age. When I watched her have Brynn on Bethanny Ever After, I was a new mom myself. So, I relate to her and cannot IMAGINE how devastated I would be if I were separated from my sweet newly 5 year old for as much as she has to be. I think Heather or any of them saying that everyone goes through tough times, or not being understanding of how crucial and precious her time with Brynn is is really callous. Kristen and Heather have NO CLUE what it would be like to be away from their kids for as much and as consistently as Bethanny has to be. I have no clue either, but it must be like missing a limb.

I do think Heather and Kristen sympathize with Bethenny's custody deal but at the same time, they have to give up time with their kids in order to do their HW jobs. If Bethenny was/is that concerned with loosing more time with Bryn, then she should not have come back on the show. It's that simple. JMO

• Love 14
(edited)

This is exactly why most people try to make their marriages work. Marriage is work. More so when there are children involved. 

I am not privy to why she divorced her ex, I do know what they'd been married a mere 5 years before she requested for a divorce. Unless he was doing something truly terrible, I personally think she could have tried to make it work longer. They both should have tried harder for their little girl IMO.

I am not an advocate for sticking to it no matter what. Marriages end all the time no matter its length, or whether or not kids are involved. Often times, it is the most healthiest solution for all involved. 

I am truly sorry for Bryn, Jason and Bethenny if marriage was so unbearable she had no choice but to to severe it. Her decision doesn't affect just her. Her daughter suffers the most IMO.

I feel for her the least because it is a conscious decision she made and has to live with. If spending time with her daughter was her topmost priority, why would she further comprise that by doing a reality show?

Just like her divorce, I feel she readily made a decision to do the show but doesn't want to deal with the consequences of that decision. She is too smart, or so I am told, to not have thought of the impact a divorce then doing a reality should would  have on her parenting. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 7
(edited)

I watched Access Hollywood Live in New York City yesterday and saw that Bethenny was co-hosting with Billy Bush because Kit Hoover is away this week. I almost didn't recognize her at first. She was totally glammed up makeup-wise for her early morning appearance on the show. Her hair was different, it had been lightened and parted on the side. I thought she might have had some kind of plastic surgery on her face to make it appear so different, but maybe it was all done with cosmetics. You be the judge.

476551828-television-personality-bethenn

I never watched the NY wives in the past because I just didn't like Bethenny, Ramona or Sonja but I have to admit being sort of capitivated by the energetic, hyper-neurotic Bethenny this season. Yes, she changed the dynamics when she enters the group but I think it's because everyone is so hyper that she feeds into that energy and becomes even more jittery and fast-talking. BUT, and this is a big but, she definitely tells it like it is, no twists, turns or subterfuge. She's direct and point-blank honest. She doesn't tell lies about anyone as far as I can see and she doesn't make a mountain from a mole hill as Ramona, Luann and Heather inevitably do. I'm sure it's all for camera time.

I came back to edit because I looked at an older image of Bethenny, she had those wide jawbones. They aren't in the most recent photo in New York taping Access Hollywood. Eyebrow lift too maybe?

Bethenny-Frankel.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

It's a Pop Of A Crappy Ad Campaign.

Look at the photo again...Kristen's face, neck, collar, hands....the skin shown is NOT the same tone. I guess they didn't put any money aside in the budget for photoshopping/airbrushing. What is also painfully obvious is that those are not Kristen's hands...the hand model is holding her hands up from underneath.

Wow, that is weird.  What is wrong the Kristin's hands that they couldn't use them?   Yikes, why didn't they airbrush her chest and shoulders like they did her face?  You can see the sun damage on her chest, but the skin on the hands is flawless. 

• Love 1

I don't know how they are marketing her line exactly but the price is the selling point for me as a consumer. It is half the price of O.P.I, Essie or Sally Hansen for example. If I go into Ricky's, where I assume they carry all these lines, I'll buy POC without hesitating because I am a girl on a budget. 

I think hers are 8 bucks and OPI and Essie are 9. Most of us in the city (where Ricky's are everywhere) get mani/pedis and even if we don't, we've sort of been trained by the nail salons here to gravitate toward Essie and OPI. Maybe if she was the kind of woman that NYers wanted to emulate she would be successful, but I can't image that's the case. Weirdly I was in Ricky's earlier today and didn't see POC at all. Maybe it'll do better online, I'm just not sure how Ricky's does on a national level. 

Thanks to the poster who posted about the Butter London sale yesterday - I'm embarrassed by how many bottles of polish I ordered last night. 

I'm just kind of sick and tired of the Beth Show starring BETH! With a cast of semi-literate cohorts!  This show USED to be sort of fun and snarky but now it's just a giant piece of crap.  Satan Andy: Epic FAIL.  Get your million back, you doofus!

• Love 7
(edited)
I almost didn't recognize her at first. She was totally glammed up makeup-wise for her early morning appearance on the show. Her hair was different, it had been lightened and parted on the side. I thought she might have had some kind of plastic surgery on her face to make it appear so different, but maybe it was all done with cosmetics. You be the judge.

Fillers, botox and the eyelift for sure; I don't know what else. It also irks me that she still denies having breast implants. As if!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Well, what I find interesting, passing Sonja's townhouse every day on my way to the subway station on 63rd Street, is that from the street view, it doesn't look any different from the other townhouses on the block -- other than being much, much, much smaller.  BUT no other townhouse on the block has any windows open in this hot humid disgusting weather, let alone ALL windows open.  Yeppers, poor, poor Sonja must have no air conditioning.  And in this stinko weather that must really suck.  Oh what a luxe life you lead now, Sonja.  

Er, and just where are those Sonja clothes?  Is Bethenny still sooooo concerned about giving her Skinny Girl advice?  Btw, SkinnyGirl advice is pretty much nothing but a bunch of hot air, littered with zillions of promos for SkinnyGirl products.  Real helpful to Sonja, eh?

OK, so ratings are still meh.  Not in-the-toilet horrible, but kinda stinky for a Housewives show.  This ep had 1.23 mil viewers.  So from week-to-week, Bethenny is clearly not making a diff in driving up ratings.  Uh-oh.

Does she at least have screens on the windows, so bugs can't fly in?   ;-)

And, where was Sonja during Ramona's AOA event?  She was MIA at AOA - was there not going to be any available men there, so she decided not to attend?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

I think hers are 8 bucks and OPI and Essie are 9. Most of us in the city (where Ricky's are everywhere) get mani/pedis and even if we don't, we've sort of been trained by the nail salons here to gravitate toward Essie and OPI. Maybe if she was the kind of woman that NYers wanted to emulate she would be successful, but I can't image that's the case. Weirdly I was in Ricky's earlier today and didn't see POC at all. Maybe it'll do better online, I'm just not sure how Ricky's does on a national level. 

Thanks to the poster who posted about the Butter London sale yesterday - I'm embarrassed by how many bottles of polish I ordered last night. 

Those two, essie and OPI start at 10 where I usually shop for these things. CVS, Harmons, etc. If I came across her's on the same shelf as the other popular ones, I'll buy her's for simply being on RHONY. 

Maybe there is none of the shelf when you passed by because it sold out? It is a thought. They have been pushing it hard on social media since the episode aired. There was also an event there if I am not mistaken.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do think they empathize with her a lot, and I would imagine there is a TH interview or two or six to illustrate this, but of course we aren't going to see them.

I also think they are wondering what the fuckedy-fuck she is doing. She only gets to see her kid 50% of the time, runs a small empire, and now has put herself in a situation that requires more of her time, all the while having more money than she will ever need. Why? Why take yourself away from that little cutie for one more minute than is necessary if it is painful? This is her choice and nothing more. I wouldn't make it but respect that it is her choice and she should do what makes her happy. Just don't cry and bitch about how no one understands because more than likely, they probably don't understand why you have decided to do something that clearly makes you miserable.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

Maybe an event at one of the other locations, I'm not sure. I just went into the one by my office to pick up hair chalk for my daughter. I doubt it was sold out, because I didn't even see any signage, but I also didn't ask anyone for it.

(edited)

Are we seeing a ton of Skinny Girl stuff this episode (and this season) because Bravo gets a cut of SG? Don't the contracts specify that Bravo gets a cut of business endeavors started by HWs? Am I misremembering?

If Im not mistaken thats true. Andy and his people on Bravo gets a small percentage of whatever they sell and using their brands as product placements on the show. Look at the influx of bad books by other HWs, HSN/QVC jewelry-clothes, wine and those crap songs that have been released. I think LuAnn has gotten the stamp of approval by Andy to release another song. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

She transferred to UVA so she likely came in on the train.

I feared the return of Bethany would affect my love for this show. It has. It's changed the whole dynamic. Almost every damn thing is about her. She sucks the life out of everything else.

So true.

• Love 2

Wow, that is weird.  What is wrong the Kristin's hands that they couldn't use them?   Yikes, why didn't they airbrush her chest and shoulders like they did her face?  You can see the sun damage on her chest, but the skin on the hands is flawless. 

It's really not that unusual...there is a whole field hand models/foot models/neck models...used for nail polish,jewelry, shoes. There might not be anything  wrong with Kristen's hands other than they weren't pretty enough in photographs...or maybe she has Kyle man hands

Her face looks fine...makeup is flawless..but the neck down...do you see the weird shadowing...I find myself looking out for Waldo.

I'm surprised because the software for airbrushing and photoshopping is so readily available...a few clicks of the mouse and they could have fixed this.

According to Ricky's they are going to do a Fall 2015 launch for having this product in their stores. I think the only place you can buy it now...is on line on the Ricky's website.

• Love 1
(edited)

she would've, should have told that girl you're right, I made an offhanded comment about you based on my own ignorance and I was wrong for that, I'm sorry.  That having been said I don't want to see you more often than my shadow but you're absolutely right, I was being jerky, sars. 

Bethenny (in her blog) denies having made the "dumb" comment (and from Carole's hinky attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if she finessed the comment into something much uglier than it was).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

I stopped watching after Scary Island an didn't return until this season. I liked Bethany then, she was more kind and personable but with a quick tongue and a bit of a spitfire . Now she has just become bitchy. She shows up and sucks the joy out of the moment with her behavior, issues and demands. Money did us a favor, for we can now see who she really is, it percolates up through the confines of her role on the show.  

Not really a fan of Bethany's any more.

• Love 14

I'm late to the party and I've just now started watching the show but I understand Bethenny not wanting someone to tend to her. I also understand her making the brief toast as a way of trying to make it up to Dorinda for making the situation awkward. Heather in her talking head mocking her, I don't understand so much. I get it, her feelings are hurt but when you were part of the problem and someone is trying to make up for it a little, don't knock them.

Why? Why take yourself away from that little cutie for one more minute than is necessary if it is painful?

In her place I can only imagine that I would try to fill that 50% of the time that I don't have my daughter with anything and everything I could stuff into it just to keep myself from thinking about it as much. That much I get. I also get that although she has more money than she will ever need that she doesn't want her other baby SG products to die on the vine either, at least if she can help it.

• Love 10

I will NEVER buy one of the "Fat Girl" products from Bliss.

There's really a line of products called Fat Girl?  I have to keep up better.

That's a great point. Sonja is all talk. No toaster oven. No toaster oven cookbook. No fashion line. No "affordable luxury" items. Nothing. All talk.

If Sonja hadn't been so hubristic (I swear it's a word!) a few seasons ago and had to have her own line of toaster ovens, I'm pretty sure she could've gotten a book deal for the toaster-oven cookbook.  There are so many fancy new countertop ovens on the market lately--I have the Breville Smart Oven, which is great while it lasts (not long, is the problem)--that there's probably a fair amount of interest in recipe collections for them.  She could've leaned on the glamorous NYC mom-on-the-go angle and offered classy meals in a hurry, without heating up the kitchen (which if she really doesn't have any A/C, she must know something about!).  I've seen plenty of cookbooks by people less well known and based on flimsier premises.  But she had to have the book and the oven, so she wound up with nothing.  I think there's an Aesop's fable for that.

I notice that every time there's a scene about a kid and college, they flash a shot of some of the Columbia buildings on upper Broadway.  At first I thought it meant that one of the kids was actually going there, but apparently Columbia stands for all colleges.  What's weird is almost no one outside NY knows what they're looking at, so it's pretty much pointless.  Just some random buildings.

When I still lived in NYC--and still had nails!--I was a total polish hoarder.  Cheap, expensive, tacky, classy, didn't matter.  And if there was a color I really loved, or one I really wanted to wear for some special occasion--I'd just bring my own polish to the nail salon.  That way I knew I'd get what I wanted, not just what they had.  Do people not do that anymore?  And if they do, wouldn't it be a possible sales hook for someone like Kristen with a brand that isn't already in the salons?  A real question--I have no clue.  Like, instead of calling it POC (which makes me think of Piece of Crap, unfortunately), she could call it BYOP (Bring Your Own Polish).  I don't think it's a bad idea.  (And if she steals it, she owes me a car.  Just ask LuAnn.)

• Love 3

I have no defense for why she would choose to do this show. Damage control after her talk show, filling time when she is not with her daughter, and I really do believe her when she says that she is kind of made for reality TV. It works for her.

I feel I must still defend my Bethenny. Sure, she sucks the life out of the room, but I think it's because she actually cares about shutting down their made up story lines/beefs with her and each other. Because what she is going through - and I guess Ramona to some degree- is a real traumatic experience. I get that she created the experience by deciding to divorce, but still, it's trauma nonetheless.

Also, just have always hated Heather. I see her mothering/nice act as passive aggressive, manipulative and a grab for power. All she cares about is being right. She can be friends with Carole because Carole doesn't take herself seriously. Heather twists Kristen around her finger in knots so that she can never seriously go against her, even when she's making fun of her to her face. Bethenny is not going to follow Heather's script, which makes Heather so outraged that she cries. I see now what Jill meant when she compared herself to Heather, but not in the way that Jill meant it.

• Love 6

I see now what Jill meant when she compared herself to Heather, but not in the way that Jill meant it.

Hold the presses... Jill compared herself to Heather? When? Where? How can I find this story?

It's all in the packaging.

Picture a Test Tube - with a screw on top. On the test tube itself is the Skinny Girl Logo...at bottom of tube are the 3 olives and rest of tube is filled with vodka.

Only 40 calories....easy and convenient for all busy ladies on the go...toss them in the freezer...and in the morning throw a couple in your purse.

Does this exist? If not, it should.

• Love 1

In her place I can only imagine that I would try to fill that 50% of the time that I don't have my daughter with anything and everything I could stuff into it just to keep myself from thinking about it as much. That much I get. I also get that although she has more money than she will ever need that she doesn't want her other baby SG products to die on the vine either, at least if she can help it.

I get that, and I get that it is all hard. I travel 50% of the time for my job and it is so hard to juggle everything, even with a very cute Mr. Motorcity helping it all run smoothly. The thing is the brand is not dying on the vine. She was in a room with a VIP from ConAgra. This is a huge fucking deal. I get her wanting to make it bigger, but is taking additional time away to be on a reality tv show the only way to do that? How do all of the other successful people who start and run businesses do it without Bravo? Again, I am all for her doing what makes her happy. I work because it thrills me to no end. I do not, however, on any occasion ever cry in front of my co-workers and ask for any type of special understanding. I work with all men and trust me, they would think less of me and my career would be over in about 2 seconds flat were that to ever happen.

• Love 7

Bethenny (in her blog) denies having made the "dumb" comment (and from Carole's hinky attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if she finessed the comment into something much uglier than it was).

Bethenny's expression when Kristen was ranting made me truly believe she had no idea what Kristen was talking about.  After which I thought, and it wasn't the first time, that Carole is a liar and the furthest thing from a well-wisher.

She did that to Heather and Aviva, too, imo.  What she said to Bethenny was worse though, because Kristen was supposedly Carole's friend.  Someone said it best up thread:  Carole is a bad friend.

• Love 5

She's gone from snoring to crying. I'm going to watch all the different ways Bethenny can find to thwart Heather's attempts to start a fight. And Heather goes to the other room with Dorinda and is still raring for a fight.

Luanne's speech was awful. Why is she giving advice to people?

Of course I don't believe Bethenny's project to help Sonja will work but in theory this is all very nice. I mean, yes, she is showing off Skinnnygirl again during the show but I'd like to think at least some of it is a genuine impulse to help Sonja. Let's be honest, with the way things have been going Bravo probably would have let her film the meeting without Sonja showing up.

What's Ramona blue? It looked like cobalt on my computer.

• Love 3

I get that, and I get that it is all hard. I travel 50% of the time for my job and it is so hard to juggle everything, even with a very cute Mr. Motorcity helping it all run smoothly. The thing is the brand is not dying on the vine. She was in a room with a VIP from ConAgra. This is a huge fucking deal. I get her wanting to make it bigger, but is taking additional time away to be on a reality tv show the only way to do that? How do all of the other successful people who start and run businesses do it without Bravo? Again, I am all for her doing what makes her happy. I work because it thrills me to no end. I do not, however, on any occasion ever cry in front of my co-workers and ask for any type of special understanding. I work with all men and trust me, they would think less of me and my career would be over in about 2 seconds flat were that to ever happen.

I wouldn't cry in front of my co-workers either and I know we all refer to this show as their "job" however it's a job to give people insight into their daily lives. They're technically co-workers but I get that we as viewers aren't supposed to see them as "co-workers" but as a group of "friends/acquaintances" living their daily lives. I'll give any of them a pass on not behaving like they would in a traditional workplace.

• Love 9
(edited)

Bethenny's expression when Kristen was ranting made me truly believe she had no idea what Kristen was talking about.  After which I thought, and it wasn't the first time, that Carole is a liar and the furthest thing from a well-wisher.

She did that to Heather and Aviva, too, imo.  What she said to Bethenny was worse though, because Kristen was supposedly Carole's friend.  Someone said it best up thread:  Carole is a bad friend.

I'm always sorry I don't watch the show along with everyone because I get caught up on reading everyone's comments and it takes me days to watch the latest episode. I'm just to the scene you're talking about while viewing and yeah, Bethenny looks gobsmacked that Kristen is coming to her with this. She either didn't say and has no clue what the hell Pretty is talking about or she absolutely did not expect Carole (as they're becoming friends) to run with her with the information.

For Kristen to try to interrupt a conversation between Luann and Bethenny and then act all butt hurt because she wasn't included and in fact was dismissed politely for a moment is beyond me. I will say Josh's "I don't give a fuck" facial expression while he stuffs his face was priceless.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 8
(edited)

How I picture the Carole/Bethenny off camera discussion

Carole: So I met with Kristen at Ricky's corporate office the other day.

Bethenny: Who dat?

Carole: Ricky'sNYC you know the beauty supply chain

Bethenny: No I mean the other name you mentioned

Carole: You mean Kristen?

Bethenny: Yeah who dat?

Carole: You know, blond, pretty, married to Josh, she was with us in AC and at Dorinda's Berkshire dinner?

Bethenny: Oh okay

Carole: So I went because Kristen is going to do a nail polish line and she asked me to come up with color names since I'm a writer

Bethenny: Oh okay

Carole: So it's called A Pop Of Color

Bethenny: Oh that is a very common phrase, she needs to make sure that it is not already Trademarked.  She should file immediately as it would be very dumb not to do so...you can end up spending a ton of your budget on the graphic artist and logo and putting it all over the product and then find out you can't use it.

I do think Kristen had this in works probably way before they started filming the season. If Carole showed up and they were already brainstorming color names....then the colors themselves were already chosen. So if Kristen wanted some guidance or girl power support from Bethenny why didn't she mention this in AC? There was a scene of the Blackjack table - Bethenny, Elvis lover, Kristen...Bethenny had more of a rapport with the Elvis fan...Kristen wasted an opportunity to hock her stuff. She could have just said look what do you think of this color on my nails....I am going to launch a nail polish line soon. She was also in various scenes with Heather, Carole, Luanne, Sonja....all wasted. At the AOA event there were multiple shots of Kristen standing by herself, she could have walked over to Heather or Dorinda or Ramona or her husband OR as a model she could have posed with her hands/nails showing.

Kristen is a dinglebat (a combo of a dingleberry and a dingbat)

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

Bagger, Jill compared herself to Heather on that infamous WWHL interview (that Jill simultaneously taped.) She said that Heather was filling the role of the - paraphrase - down-to-earth mothering type. THAT seems to be how Jill views herself?!

• Love 4

It also cracked me up that Carole is tells Luann that at least Bethenny yells at Heather but she doesn't do anything to Kristen.

Bagger, Jill compared herself to Heather on that infamous WWHL interview (that Jill simultaneously taped.) She said that Heather was filling the role of the - paraphrase - down-to-earth mothering type. THAT seems to be how Jill views herself?!

I was so sick of Jill before her final season I never saw the interview I'm going to have to go hunt it down because I just want to see the look on Andy's face when Jill deludes herself into thinking she's the down to earth mothering type. That will just make my day.

• Love 3

Lady Morgan doesn't have a husband to set her up in a line of business, so I give Kristen very minimal credit.

Sonja actually had a whole crew behind the toaster oven I do believe. I thought for sure that was going to happen for her. And could have even been slightly successful. But she's always thinking she's better than she is and gets easily distracted. I'm sure those Nigerians had her believing she should drop the toaster and get into sports instead. She just never considered that 2.3 million other people got the same email from Nigeria that day.

• Love 6

I don't know if any of you listen to Podcasts.

There are 2 men (Ben & Ronnie) who have a podcast called Watch What Crappens...they post 2 a week.

Usually by Tuesday/Wednesday - they talk about all of the Bravo shows that aired Sunday/Monday

Then by Thursday/Friday they will talk about the shows that aired Tuesday/Wednesday

They both reside in California. Ben (true fact) lives in the building next to MJ from Shahs. Sometimes they have juicy gossip. They make fun of all of the HW's and do impressions. I've been fading on and off this site because I have been listening to their 2nd podcast of the week. I'm cracking up cause their impression of Bethenny make her sound like Woody Allen.

I figured out why Bethy came back to the show.  She is launching a new line, Bethy's Jocks.  BJ's for short.  Designed to minimize testicles, be they men's or women's  When she implores Heather to get off her jock it is because she thinks Heather is about to steal her jock line for Yummy Tummy.  Bethy has been so cozy with Sonja because she needs PR help with the jock line and she heard Sonja is an international PR expert.  Sonja is an international PR person.  Sonja is an international PR expert.....help, I am channeling Sonja and cannot stop.

Andy has stated he is not going to be a customer because his testicles need no further minimizing.  ;)

• Love 4

Ah, but Heather does understand how precious and crucial the time the time one has with a child.  She has a child who was born with a life threatening medical condition and still deals with it (a liver transplant) and now with additional medical problems (loss of hearing) plus maybe other things we don't know about.  Heather chose not to use this as her 'tough' time.  But we've seen in the past a glimpse into it.  She doesn't wear it.

Yes, it's sucks having shared custody but Beth only seems to look at things as the worst when actually it isn't.  It could be much worse.

• Love 11
(edited)

In her print ad...her nails are orange....she should have named one of the colors Eboost Orange as a shout out to her husband.

She did.  That's what the orange is called.  I personally think it's a pretty bad name.  Does anybody know what it refers to?

Edited to add:  By "anybody" I meant potential buyers.  Obviously we do, but we don't count for much of a market share, I don't think.  Unless we all really like orange nails a lot.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 1

When I still lived in NYC--and still had nails!--I was a total polish hoarder.  Cheap, expensive, tacky, classy, didn't matter.  And if there was a color I really loved, or one I really wanted to wear for some special occasion--I'd just bring my own polish to the nail salon.  That way I knew I'd get what I wanted, not just what they had.  Do people not do that anymore?  And if they do, wouldn't it be a possible sales hook for someone like Kristen with a brand that isn't already in the salons?  A real question--I have no clue.  Like, instead of calling it POC (which makes me think of Piece of Crap, unfortunately), she could call it BYOP (Bring Your Own Polish).  I don't think it's a bad idea.  (And if she steals it, she owes me a car.  Just ask LuAnn.)

I think your idea is great! Very clever. I also agree with you about the toaster oven cookbook thing. You have a lot of marketing and branding savvy! The HoWives should look you up.

Hold the presses... Jill compared herself to Heather? When? Where? How can I find this story?

Yes - I remember it, because it was on WWHL, and Andy seemed to be pinching himself in order to hold back the laughs. IIRC, Jill thought Heather was cast as her "replacement." When Andy asked what she meant, she said, and I quote: "Jewish," and "the voice of reason."

Jill Zarin - the voice of reason. It makes me smile just typing that.

• Love 7

Ah, but Heather does understand how precious and crucial the time the time one has with a child.  She has a child who was born with a life threatening medical condition and still deals with it (a liver transplant) and now with additional medical problems (loss of hearing) plus maybe other things we don't know about.  Heather chose not to use this as her 'tough' time.  But we've seen in the past a glimpse into it.  She doesn't wear it.

Yes, it's sucks having shared custody but Beth only seems to look at things as the worst when actually it isn't.  It could be much worse.

Everyone experiences and feels things differently. I am a Family Services Counselor for At Need families in a funeral home/cemetery combo and I see families come in everyday and they each feel their loss differently. I mostly help families who have lost children (usually because my co-workers shy away from these families) and I've seen families grieve over the death of their children but no two families "feel" the same way. To marginalize Bethenny's experience because it could be worse is a disservice to her and any other parent that doesn't have their child as much as they want to be with them.

• Love 9

She did.  That's what the orange is called.  I personally think it's a pretty bad name.  Does anybody know what it refers to?

Edited to add:  By "anybody" I meant potential buyers.  Obviously we do, but we don't count for much of a market share, I don't think.  Unless we all really like orange nails a lot.

Oops my bad...

eBoost is the name of Josh's company. I think it's an energy drink...or a powder you add to water to make it a drink. Previous seasons....Josh walked around with something on his body advertising eBoost.

• Love 1

How is Josh arranging a deal for Kristen her "starting small and working her way up." Didn't she just start blogging and even then with a team of helpers? Of course if we're counting having to be married to Josh and letting Ramona throw a drink at her face as part of her journey to having a nail polish line, I guess she earned it.

Carole's polish names reminded me of that scene in "For a Good Time Call..." where the one character is teaching the other how to be a phone sex operator.

I agree with Bethenny. You can't just say Heather is nurturing and a healer if she's not any good at it. She's not even fun like Tony on The Bachelorette. She's oppressive and controlling and I don't think she has anyone's best interests in mind except her own.

I'll say this for Bethenny. She's willing to play ball on other people's product placement. I was amused that she kept offering to drink Ramona pinot.

LOL. Josh's contribution this episode was a weather report. 

Why are the "hellos" the thing the editors decided to keep in?

YES on Bethenny and Ramona bonding over Heather's fakeness. Holla!

Kristin's speaking voice in her talking heads is fine. But when she was complaining to Carole, I completely understood why people would "box her out" if she sounded like that. Newsflash, Kristen, you're not friends. You barely know Bethenny and you have been fighting with Ramona for most of your acquaintance. 

Why wouldn't they show that Carole/Bethenny interaction when she supposedly insulted Kristen? 

There seems to be something unspoken between Bethenny and Luanne. I forget the exact wording but B saying 'you know why I was upset.' I guess now Dorinda's Switzerland.

LOL, at Luanne and Bethenny dispatching Kristen like that. Poor thing. Oh my God. I died when she then walked away from Kristen attempting to start a fight. B heard what she had to say, realized it was B.S. and walked away. *Applause* Oh my God, Josh in his stupid hat just saying "What?" in the face of Kristen's frustration. Has he been eating in most of his scenes this season or is it just me. He's much more fun this way.

Will next week be fun or depressing? I can't tell.

• Love 3