Type keyword(s) to search

Late Night With Seth Meyers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ABay said:

Thanks! I usually turn it off after the monologue so I missed the announcement.

You gotta stop doing that.  I used to turn it off after A Closer Look, unless I was particularly interested in a guest.  Then I learned that there are often some additional comedy bits later in the show.  So now I fast-forward just to be sure I'm not missing something awesome with Amber.  My gosh but that woman has come a long way.  I remember her first appearances, where her nervousness showed.  Now it's like she's been on TV forever.  Absolutely love her.

• Love 12

What is going on with Seth's eyebrows? I don't watch his show regularly, so I don't know if someone in the studio fixes them and that person can't get at them now, or what. They look like a half an eyebrow each. I can hardly focus on anything else (other than how many books are on the table next to him). 

I didn't notice the eyebrows. I think he changed his shirt, though. And yeah, I feel like the books on the table are teasing me at this point. We dare you to notice the books! Are you awake? Look at the books!

Amber is a treasure. I miss her and Jenny.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

What was in the room behind Rosie O'Donnell? That table looked like it had... I don't know what, but I wanted to know. It was distracting.

I waited for Seth to ask.  Then I got upset when Rosie said she made her son stop going to work because she was worried about him catching the virus.  Of course she has the right to do that, but it made me sad for all the 20-year-olds who have no choice, because their family might depend on them.  So I stopped listening to Rosie.  Not her fault she's privileged.

Anyway, that room was a mess.  It looked ike a craft room. 

Seth's eyebrows -- are they just extra light at the ends?  Because yeah, they look weird.  My daughter has extremely light eyebrow hair.  She won't attempt to darken them so she just looks like she has no eyebrows.

That wad Rosie's craft room. It's been in other videos she does.  She lives her crafts.  I like that it's messy... not super bland or perfect like others' homes.

• Love 1

OK, is is just me or is Fred Armisen a crap drummer? I'm not at all impressed, even on a garage band level. Cringeworthy. Not a fan in any case, so I might be biased.

• Love 3

If I was Gavin Newsome's wife, I would tackle him and tie him to a chair if necessary to trim the back of his hair. But I guess with 4 kids in quarantine and Gavin running a state, they might be meaning to do it and just can't find the time.

I admit it, I am kind of obsessed with the ever-changing stack of books now, so was thrilled to see A Gentleman in Moscow tonight. An extraordinary book, one of the best I've read.

• Love 2

Yes, A Gentleman in Moscow, is an amazing beautiful story.  Absolutely one of the top 5 books I've ever read! 

And I read alot.  

I read his other book, Rules of Civility, too. It was ok. I hear Amor Towles is working on a new one. 

I read that several months ago Seth and Fred did a bit on discussing books based on their covers and they did A Gentleman in Moscow. But I.missed it. 

• Love 2

I'm enjoying seeing the 8G band members in their homes and appreciate them moving around!

There's an amusingTwitter account that's been rating the backgrounds of newspeople and others broadcasting from home -- what else do we have to do?

• Love 4
On 4/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, AuntiePam said:

I waited for Seth to ask.  Then I got upset when Rosie said she made her son stop going to work because she was worried about him catching the virus.  Of course she has the right to do that, but it made me sad for all the 20-year-olds who have no choice, because their family might depend on them.  So I stopped listening to Rosie.  Not her fault she's privileged.

Anyway, that room was a mess.  It looked ike a craft room. 

Seth's eyebrows -- are they just extra light at the ends?  Because yeah, they look weird.  My daughter has extremely light eyebrow hair.  She won't attempt to darken them so she just looks like she has no eyebrows.

About his eyebrows. I noticed them too. Maybe they are light at the ends or if they are gone he could be hypothyroid.  I am and have lost the ends of my eyebrows even though I have been optimally treated for years. It’s a thing for sure. Or it is just the lighting and his natural coloring. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Seth is the best late night comic now.  

Current,  pointed, quirky sweet funny.

Love the ongoing references to books and small chair and doors and wasps.

Amber is the best extra to come up in late night ever,  although I love Colbert now and when he was Jon's go to guy. Amber, though,  is awesome. Her Easter parade was hilarious as well as her tour of her apt.  She is just a gem. What? OK, a diamond. What? Beautiful, cute, smart funny. What? She makes me smile because of her smile too. 🙂

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think Seth is the best late night comic now.  

Correct,  pointed, quirky sweet funny.

Love the ongoing references to books and small chair and doors and wasps.

A Closer Look is certainly the single best reoccuring segment on TV.  The only content as good is anything on Last Week Tonight, and that's constructed as most of the show rather than just as a segment.  

• Love 12

I love Amber.

Also, Seth changed his books this week. I like his new books better than The Thornbirds.

Was glad to see Patrice Cullers, too.

I really like when Seth ends the show by saying: "Stay safe, wash your hands, we love you."

I also like seeing the musicians playing from home, especially the woman with her kids in the tub.

• Love 11

Amber is so awesome and her stories are so poignant and a perfect distillation of the issue of cops seeing race first and foremost given her physical presence.

I thought it was funny that almost half of the Amanda Peet interview was about Trevor Noah.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I really like when Seth ends the show by saying: "Stay safe, wash your hands, we love you."

This makes my day, every time. He has so much heart, and it really shows.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, ahisma said:

Aw, the toddler rimshots are really adorable!

I definitely prefer Seth's toddler's rim shots to Stephen Colbert's sitting dance with the CGI words
--so long as Seth resists the urge to let the rim shot go on too long because of fatherly pride in cuteness.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Discuss:  Does it bother you that although nominated (only for writing though) that this show has never won an Emmy?

It would be nice.  A Closer Look seems to be the smartest written of all the late night show segments like this at least to us.

• Love 18

I don't watch all the late night shows, but I watch a few. I don't know who should win the Emmy, but I like that this show consistently features its women writers, which is something I don't think any of the other ones do except for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

• Love 8
(edited)

Apparently, Amber is getting her own show on Peacock...but she really should run for NYC Mayor instead...

ETA: One of her final segments should be:

Writers Seth Can't Afford

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

This mental image had me absolutely rolling!

What do you imagine this “woke militia” would look like? Antifa skate teens patrolling the streets in their Hamilton T shirts, forgiving everyone’s student loans and forcing them to use their free government healthcare? “I’m sorry, sir, I have no choice but to detain you and take you to the hospital to get that rash checked out, free of charge. Jump on the back of my board.”

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, opus said:

I think I’ll  be depressed when they go back in the studio and Seth doesn’t love me anymore.

There is something nice about the at home shows.  We enjoy them very much

• Love 6
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

There is something nice about the at home shows.  We enjoy them very much

Me too. But I prefer the "real" home being shown - not the ones with the phony backdrop - or worse, the blank wall.  

Also, Colbet is off the dvr. He is just too smug and the jokes are too construed to be funny. And he needs to train that beautiful dog. 

Seth is so natural and Josh is a rising star, if he wanted to be.

• Love 2
On 6/6/2020 at 9:39 PM, lookeyloo said:

It would be nice.  A Closer Look seems to be the smartest written of all the late night show segments like this at least to us.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, ahisma said:

This mental image had me absolutely rolling!

Agree, agree all over the place.

Agree that "A Closer Look" is the smartest, sharpest review going.

Agree that the roving "woke militia" is visual and hilarious.  (I once videoed a couple minutes of Seth explaining something so I could finally get my dopey news-free friends to understand.)

Agree that the children in bee suits were super cute, but that's the maximum amount of cutie pie kids I want to see.   On the other hand, I watched that Australian Shepherd looking stunned--boioing!--when the blanket dropped, over and over, on a loop for about five minutes.  : )

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2020 at 12:45 AM, ebk57 said:

"Quarantine Love" was kinda corny, but Amber makes everything fabulous!  Especially Mustache Amber!!

I loved it. I will miss her so much when she leaves. I will watch her new show, though, for sure.

• Love 3

To me, the beginning notes of Seth's theme song sound like "Deutschland Uber Alles" (why do I even know that song???) and that's all that's in my head for like an hour after the show 

I set my DVR to record Late Night with Lily Singh for my Daughter who has worked with Lily in the past. I have watched several of Lilys shows. Not really my thing but I notice that it starts recording the last 30 seconds of Seth Myers show which is him saying bye to his last guest as the band kicks in, I love the song they play going out but I notice that since the band members are all quarantined in their homes we get to see 5 screens and all of the members look cool and like they fit together as a band EXCEPT for the female guitar players friggin kids. Leave the kids at home. nobody cares. we want to hear good music and see them musicians playing out to commercial. at first it was one rug rat in the frame, now i see another one distracting his mother from doing her job. Talk about ruining a vibe. I am a very visual person and as I am taking in all 5 screens as the band plays, I see one screen with bright neon colors and 2 kids bored out of their mind while their mom shows them off to the world. Show us some cool guitara or amps in the background and leave the kids in the other bedroom for the couple of minutes you are doing your job,

Being a band member myself, leave it to the Chic to screw everything up. ; ) Leave the kids out of the scene. DOnt bring kids to work. They screw everything up. Especially the visuals. Plus these kids look just bored as hell.

• Love 2

I've been catching up on shows.  Seth never fails to make me think and laugh.  It's a great combination.

I second, third, fourth? all of the love for Amber.  She has really come into her own.  I am glad she is getting her own show.  I do hope she'll come on LSWSM occasionally to do jokes Seth can't tell. 

• Love 8