Type keyword(s) to search

Late Night With Seth Meyers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I must be doing better. I always used to make sure not to miss the pandemic advice + love at end of the show, and now I notice sometimes I forget to wait before turning it off.

I thought I was the only one doing that!  I always FF through the commercials, but make sure I watch the last segment because I need to know that Seth loves me.  

Does this mean I'm not doing well?  Yikes  😄

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ebk57 said:

I thought I was the only one doing that!  I always FF through the commercials, but make sure I watch the last segment because I need to know that Seth loves me.  

Does this mean I'm not doing well?  Yikes  😄

Apologies! I'm sure you're fine!! Maybe I'm just going through a phase where I'm cynical and hard of heart.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ahisma said:

Is that the last of Tiny Secret Whispers? Dang, I’ll miss it. Going out on the ‘80s sitcom theme song was great!

Sounded like a season finale. Maybe it'll get renewed for another season 😀

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

@Cobb Salad, I thought of you last night when I heard "Mel? Mel?" 🤣😂

That was my favorite bit! Mel not using the bathroom when other people are around, and the handcuffs being to big for her lady wrists! 🤣

I loved all of Seth’s voices, except for the Dennis Miller impression. But sure, bring on Ray Romano and Brad Garrett, Obama in Philly—bring back Vince Vaughn! 

(Did not like the “wolf attack” joke, though. There is already enough issue with states allowing wolf killings based on myths like this over science.)

• Love 4

Tiny Secret Whispers bonus with Joel Edgerton playing along about his feud with Joel Edgarton! He really leaned into the bit and I appreciate him so much for it. 

Then I cried laughing in Corrections when the graphics department made up a title card that just read NO. Both times it utterly slayed me!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Catching up on SM.  I loved his closer look on the GQP changing voting laws in certain states because they really don’t need voters, the legislature will decide who wins .  Seth gets it.  They don’t need to cater to swing voters or any voters anymore with ideas that most people like, it doesn’t matter when the outcome is rigged. So glad Seth said it on TV.  hope it was heard.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 13

If Seth really had a musical “Cicada, Cicada” with Christine Baranksi, Harvey Fierstein, and Nathan Lane—take my money, I’m flying to New York! 😍😍😍

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ahisma said:

If Seth really had a musical “Cicada, Cicada” with Christine Baranksi, Harvey Fierstein, and Nathan Lane—take my money, I’m flying to New York! 😍😍😍

That will make up for not being able to actually see an episode of Tiny Secret Whispers 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I love how Scollins got called out without Seth actually using his name. "Tank top!" 😉🤣😂

Now that I know he’s a Patriots fan, hate him...

Edited by opus
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, opus said:

Change in the ending. “Wear a mask....where required”

I noticed a couple night ago, he left out the mask part entirely.  Then put it back in.  Then changed it up as you indicated last night. 

I obsess over this stuff all too much... 

• Love 5
On 6/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, opus said:

Full audience for Jimmy, still nothing here. At least bring back Wally's kid.

Colbert goes back to the Ed Sullivan Theatre with a full audience on Monday. I don't watch Kimmel and Corden, so I don't know about them. I don't know why Seth doesn't even have a limited audience yet.

• Love 2

Seth doesn't seem to mind the empty theater as much as the others do. Trevor Noah is also like this-- he's still broadcasting from what looks like his home (in any case, the same set he's used all through the pandemic). 

• Love 5

Seth doesn't seem to mind the empty theater as much as the others do. Trevor Noah is also like this-- he's still broadcasting from what looks like his home (in any case, the same set he's used all through the pandemic). 

John Oliver is still in his void as well. Maybe they discovered they like being audience free. Or have health issues that make audiences a bad idea.

• Love 5

More important to me than Seth doing a show in front of a live audience is seeing an episode of Chicago Postal Service Police Force!   Maybe since he’s collaborating with Dick Wolf it’ll show up on NBC rather than some obscure streaming site no one except Seth gets? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

More important to me than Seth doing a show in front of a live audience is seeing an episode of Chicago Postal Service Police Force!   Maybe since he’s collaborating with Dick Wolf it’ll show up on NBC rather than some obscure streaming site no one except Seth gets? 🤣🤣🤣

I'd watch that, "Cicada, Cicada" and "Tiny Secret Whispers" in a second. Maybe if they generate enough revenue for NBC, Seth can get them to pay for the Hammer sample. 😉🤣😂

• LOL 2

I loooooved the Post Office Police bit. I definitely would watch that show.

It’s gotta star Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Hi to anyone out there in the know.   Please tell me what is going on with Wendy Williams besides being overbotoxed and too much plastic surgery.  

She seemed kinda drunk or something. 

🤪🙄. Thanks

9 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Hi to anyone out there in the know.   Please tell me what is going on with Wendy Williams besides being overbotoxed and too much plastic surgery.  

🤪🙄. Thanks

Mmmm....I missed that.  I’ll have to check it out. I read that she had been in rehab.  Maybe it was a relapse.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:
12 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

🤪🙄. Thanks

Expand  

Mmmm....I missed that.  I’ll have to check it out. I read that she had been in rehab.  Maybe it was a relapse

She seemed the same as I’ve ever seen her, which always strikes me as somewhere on the Weird continuum:    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I watched that clip above and she seems the same as usual to me. When she walked out there she seemed to walk cautiously, but that could be due to stomach issues, She suffers from digestion issues. She burps a lot on air and has even passed gas on her show!  Really!  Not on purpose of course.  She’s searching for love. Too bad that she can’t focus on her sobriety, then search for a partner.  So many celebs just can’t be alone with themselves for 5 minutes, even if they need to get healthy:(. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

I really love it when Seth sings "Cicada, cicada". Also, the joke about "Jason Cicada." Really, the whole thing is gold.

Then again, I find the Sea Captain inexplicably amusing.

But I am getting irritated by the Vanilla Ice clip. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I really love it when Seth sings "Cicada, cicada". Also, the joke about "Jason Cicada." Really, the whole thing is gold.

Then again, I find the Sea Captain inexplicably amusing.

But I am getting irritated by the Vanilla Ice clip. 

Ugh. Vanilla Ice. Nasty nasty guy.

Nice to me though....

• Love 2

It honestly didn't occur to me that Seth would be considered "the nicest, sunniest" guy in late night. Like, at all. I like the show, but that's not what I see in it at all. I wonder if Pauly made that up, or where she got it.

17 minutes ago, possibilities said:

It honestly didn't occur to me that Seth would be considered "the nicest, sunniest" guy in late night. Like, at all.

Really? That just seems to shine through to me in all his interactions with people. He seems to genuinely like talking with his guests and really care for his crew. He puts on an act to joke about how terrible some of his writers’ jokes are, but can barely get through it without cracking up. 

• Love 7
On 6/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, ahisma said:

That just seems to shine through to me in all his interactions with people. 

Same here!! It's also evident in his interactions with his family, whenever they are on. He obviously loves his wife and kids very much from the way he talks about them. 😊

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I didn't mean to imply he's NOT nice person. I just was surprised to have him declared by far the most sunny and nice in all of late night.

I think they said he was  “the Tom Hanks of late night TV,” LOL. I bet the former guy would disagree. 😉

• LOL 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I think they said he was  “the Tom Hanks of late night TV,” LOL. I bet the former guy would disagree. 😉

Confused about who you mean “the former guy”. I don’t believe either Conan or Dave would disagree with that sentiment and Seth and Tom Hanks probably disagree because how it was suggested they were both “nice” which has literally nothing to do with either Tom Hanks or Seth. It was a shitty analogy particularly if you don’t know anything about Tom Hanks or Seth Meyers which seems about right for the Sunday Show.

Edited by biakbiak
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Confused about who you mean “the former guy”. I don’t believe either Conan or Dave would disagree with that sentiment and Seth and Tom Hanks probably disagree because how it was suggested they were both “nice” which has literally nothing to do with either Tom Hanks or Seth. 

The former guy refers to the former occupant of the Oval Office.  Or at least that's how he's referred to in other venues I frequent. 

• Love 5