Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

Stupid quote button isn't working right on mobile.

From Rumsy I read this (long), very interesting and well-thought out meta.

Thanks was reading that this morning when my Tumblr app crashed and I couldn't find it. *off to read*

• Love 1

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Meet Market, but I figured it was more show-related than me-related. Maybe.

I had the worst Once-dream last night. Basically, they killed off Hook a la Daniel and Emma went on a Regina-style rampage and started killing people, because they wanted to show how understandable and forgivable Regina's actions were. So Regina became the Savior and had to stop her. Also, at some point, someone may have turned into Illyria. So there was a bit of Angel, too.

I've had other wacky Once theories come to me overnight, but never one that was a legit nightmare. Jeez, this stupid show!

• Love 3

I had the worst Once-dream last night. Basically, they killed off Hook a la Daniel and Emma went on a Regina-style rampage and started killing people, because they wanted to show how understandable and forgivable Regina's actions were. So Regina became the Savior and had to stop her. 

I don't think they will dare to kill off Hook at this point.  They didn't get too much of an outcry by killing of Neal, but all the Hook fans will be unlikely to react in the same way, and those who are only tuning in for the romance will stop watching.  It would be quite interesting to see how Emma responds and how she can rebuild her trust and really lean on her family to deal with the loss.  

Unfortunately, I think you're right that eventually, the writers will knock Emma down a few pegs and claim she is prone to the same reactions as Regina.  They might pretend to kill Hook off, so they could still do this Emma-over-reaction-and-Regina-saves-the-day plot.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I can't wait to see who decided on that monstrosity that was Emma's hair. I got a "Meredith meets McDreamy's mom" vibe in the best way. Oh, and was that a glimpse of Hook in regular clothes? Is he finally allowed to change?

Not only that but they give Hook a modern outfit yet send Emma back to the 50s. At least she isn't wearing that leather jacket.

I'm calling it now.  Regina and Robin will get married under an Apple tree with their sons as their best mans.  Ugh.

Lalalala! I can't hear you.

Henry is now a lost cause.  (Mongoose.)  But, little Roland will be adopted by a nice family that won't let him near Robin/Regina.  Someone deserves to come out of this well, and it should be Roland.

They are getting a little heavy handed with Arendale as a land where only Elsa has magic.  Anna was surprised that anyone in the Enchanted Forest was like her sister.  Now we've got the urned and released Snow Queen who is very distrustful of those without magic and almost motherly to those with magic.  I wonder if Arendale has a bit of a 'witch hunt' in its past that got rid of everyone with magic but Elsa

If Frozen wasn't such a big deal I'd say we were in for a reveal that Snow Queen is Elsa's mom and her parents decided to raise her as their own after the urning.

I have no idea if Marian will live or not but I definitely think we'll see another character get frozen and my money's on Hook.  There have been too many lines about getting attacked by monsters and his ability to survive and it's only episode 3 so they have to be foreshadowing something.  I don't think the show will kill Hook due to his popularity but I can easily see him get frozen like Marian, neither Regina nor Rumpel is willing to save him by taking his heart (though no one gets mad at them), and then they pull a Frozen with Emma.  I'd prefer it if they continued the Emma/Elsa parallels and made it so that Hook had to perform an Act of True Love to save her from being frozen but I think others are right and it will be Emma's turn to demonstrate the depth of her feelings. 

I do think that Marian will die if anyone else gets frozen, though, because the show likely won't let there be two and I can't imagine an Act of True Love that can save her.  In Frozen, Anna was at the center of the Act and that's why it worked but Robin doesn't love Marian anymore and Roland's too young to fully grasp the emotions needed, so there's really no way Marian can be saved unless Dairy Queen steps in and reverses the ice.  That's possible but I have a feeling it won't happen, if only to show that she's truly a villain for 4A. 

• Love 1

So, both Henry and Hook are keeping secrets from Emma, and they're going to end up hurting her. Henry--having two moms doesn't mean you can keep secrets from one of them.

And Hook really thinks he can blackmail Rumple, and get away with it? Btw, as someone else suggested in the episode thread, why didn't Rumple just mind-wipe him? The writers made Rumple so powerful that these kinds of arcs don't really make sense.

• Love 4

ITA about the mind wipe, Rumsy4! If Regina can easily mind wipe Henry, I can't see Rumple having any qualms about mind wiping Hook. Hook has absolutely no concrete proof and Elsa was apparently far enough away that she didn't hear what was being said, so Rumple wouldn't have even needed to give her a mind wipe. Also, it would have kind of fit with the memory problems we saw from both Elsa and Emma (assuming that Emma was once as aware of the Dairy Queen as the Dairy Queen seems to be of her) in this episode. Perhaps Rumple thought that if Hook noticed once, he would easily notice again? But if that's the case, then I'm sure Rumple has 100 other ways to incapacitate Hook without even drawing suspicion on himself. Maybe he was counting on Dairy Queen to take care of his problem? Didn't he express sympathy with her over her plan not working?

• Love 3

Perhaps Rumple thought that if Hook noticed once, he would easily notice again? But if that's the case, then I'm sure Rumple has 100 other ways to incapacitate Hook without even drawing suspicion on himself.

Hmmm... this does make sense, although I doubt the writers really thought this through. If he did something worse to Hook, others would be sure to take notice. Anyway, I loved their scene together!

Maybe he was counting on Dairy Queen to take care of his problem? Didn't he express sympathy with her over her plan not working?

I felt like he may have been alluding to something that had happened in the past. That will be intetesting to find out. Hopefully. :-p

• Love 1

I can't wait to see who decided on that monstrosity that was Emma's hair. I got a "Meredith meets McDreamy's mom" vibe in the best way. Oh, and was that a glimpse of Hook in regular clothes? Is he finally allowed to change?

I hope Snow forces it on her and Emma just humors her. Hook would think she was the most beautiful woman alive even if she showed up in a potato sack, anyway.

I wonder if the lack of Ana(stasia) from Wonderland (Will's True Love, to those who never watched the show... here's a visual aid:

tumblr_nd9azfz2jZ1r1il7yo7_250.gif
(image from http://bloodyhell-darling.tumblr.com/))

so, the lack of Ana is due to the fact that having two Ana's (Anna and Ana) would confuse the audience? And thus the story of Will and Ana will continue once the Frozen gang packs up and sails off to Arendelle... which is probably in a state of anarchy right now.

Imagine Regina putting the heart case next to Zelena's pendant, then doing her Evil Queen grin. "I win again!"

A nice "what if" set there, imagine a the aggrieved heart of Marian combining with Zelena's pendant to fight against Regina.

Who or what was Ana in Wonderland?

Who or what was Ana in Wonderland?

Ana was Anastasia.  Anastasia was likely Cinderella's stepsister and originally dating Will Scarlett, who was a Merry Man long enough to steal something so that he and Ana could run away to Wonderland. Once there, she broke up with Will, married the Red King, was tutored in magic by Cora, and eventually switched back to the good side, got back together with Will, and at OUATiW epilogue she and Will were the White Queen and King of Wonderland. 

In OUATiW she and Will were confirmed as curse-breaking True Loves.

They made a big deal about Will being a thief - always a thief - and he will always steal things.Could that be a set-up for him stealing the dagger from Belle's purse (should be a snap for him). Belle either figures out it is a fake because Rumple shows up and throttles him or Will tries to summon him and it doesn't work.

Will might try to steal it if he thinks Rumple can help him get back to Wonderland (but Rumple is a poor Realm jumper - he should be trying to get Hook to help him. That cat jumps realms all the time).

• Love 2

Maybe they want to recreate Will and Alice's platonic friendship with Emma. Considering her friend Elsa is leaving at the end of her arc, and they've expressed more than once the desire to see Emma with a friend who's not her family or her boyfriend...

Which is kind of hilarious because it implies they thought Sean couldn't get another job and would be available for guest star appearances any time they needed. Really, what's up with that?

I'd actually be impressed, but very, very surprised if they decide to go the "friends with Emma" route, simply because while they say they're interested in writing Emma's relationships, they seem to lose interest in her very quickly.  I think by the time 4A is over with, we'll have had probably our quota of Emma episodes for the next season and a half.

I know they've left the Wonderland timeline deliberately fuzzy--I'm guessing so that they could retcon or switch timelines up if necessary--but this is supposed to be after OUATiW.  The Knave should be fairly firmly ensconced in Wonderland with Ana, not randomly robbing places in Storybrooke.

Now, maybe I'm giving the show too much credit--and I very easily could be--but, I think he was looking for something specific.  It wouldn't surprise me much at all if he's tied into either the hat story, or Operation Mongoose. 

As for Sean, well, I don't think it's a lack of respect for Sean's ability to get a job--I think it's a sign of how unimportant Robin being present actually is for Regina's story.  I don't expect them to get together and stay together any time this season, because the writers seem to want to keep Regina teetering back and forth between villain and hero.  Having her soulmate exist, but not available for one reason or another means Regina gets to wobble back and forth at A&E's whim.

• Love 2

So we had more foreshadowing tonight with Killian and death. Rumple said his deal with Killian would be in effect “until you die.” I think he’s going to have to die to end that deal. And Emma will have to bring him back, either with TLK or magic tears or some other aspect of her magic.

I think Rumple wants to suck the Snow Queen, Regina and Emma into the hat.

• Love 4

I can't remember--are the previews considered fair game here?  I know the sneak peaks aren't.

First post in the thread says "(Promo talk happens here too!)" so I guess it is!

The Snow Queen's line "I'm going to build a snowman" was so sadistically funny. My guess is she turns Elsa into the raging monster we see attacking Regina.

First post in the thread says "(Promo talk happens here too!)" so I guess it is!

The Snow Queen's line "I'm going to build a snowman" was so sadistically funny. My guess is she turns Elsa into the raging monster we see attacking Regina.

Thanks!  I should've looked.  :/  I, too, am enjoying the DQ's attitude.

I am not hopeful, but am still desperately hoping that when Regina's raging at Emma that Emma ruined her life (at least it looked like it was at Emma) that Emma puts her in her place.  Because there was some life ruining, but Emma didn't exactly do it.

• Love 4

I am not hopeful, but am still desperately hoping that when Regina's raging at Emma that Emma ruined her life (at least it looked like it was at Emma) that Emma puts her in her place.  Because there was some life ruining, but Emma didn't exactly do it.

This is actually the second time we've seen Regina yelling at Emma in the graveyard. The first time was 1x07 with Graham. Regina yells at her about how she "ruined her life" there too, though not in those exact words.

• Love 2

I think Rumple wants to suck the Snow Queen, Regina and Emma into the hat.

That is a fantastic speculation! If Rumple really becomes the Big Bad of the rest of the series, I will be happy! And yeah--I agree that Hook's going to "die" this season or half-season. There's just been way too much foreshadowing. They'll be throwing anvils at us next. 

The Snow Queen's line "I'm going to build a snowman" was so sadistically funny. 

And Elizabeth Mitchell's line delivery was perfect! 

• Love 1

From the spoiler thread:

I also think Rumple doesn't have the full info on the hat, just like with the dagger. There's a twist coming with it. Instead of getting the hat's power maybe it unleashes everyone that's been trapped in it instead.

Yeah, the question is: who is the sorcerer and why was that hat box just lying around in an empty mansion? The owner must have been there in Storybrooke with it at some point. The apprentice didn't seem to have any idea where it was.

So I'm speculating that Henry will happen upon Mickey Mouse's hat while working at the Pawn Shop, and he will bring it to Regina.  Who saves the day after much angst and many tears, giving up her dream of asking the author to give her a happy ending.  And then in the last 5 seconds of the 4A finale, a purple blob creeps out of the hat and voilà, it's Megavillain for 4B.

I dearly want Rumple's hat plan to rebound on him in some negative way. Because he's an ass. And clearly if he ends up having even MORE power, he's far too powerful. I'd laugh if he and all his power got sucked into the hat. I'm sure that won't happen, though.

I do suspect that "love as a weapon" will be revisited, but in a positive way.

• Love 2

I'm assuming it will backfire in the 4A finale, Belle will find out and leave him, and that will be part of the cliffhanger.  Then 4B will be all about Regina once more, Rumple's second (third or fourth or fifth) redemption and Belle's millionth "I forgive you because you're like a chipped cup" speech.

• Love 5

So I'm speculating that Henry will happen upon Mickey Mouse's hat while working at the Pawn Shop, and he will bring it to Regina.  Who saves the day after much angst and many tears, giving up her dream of asking the author to give her a happy ending.

I don't think Rumple would ever let the hat be revealed to Henry that easily, but I do think there's a reason this last episode made a point about the fake VHS tape. It was already a bit odd when Henry said he wasn't sure about Emma going on a date with Killian (since it seemed like he and Hook bonded when he had his memories gone), so I could see that as a set up for Henry discovering the tape, watching it, and warning Emma about how her pirate boyfriend isn't all he seems. Cue manufactured angst and fallout. 

So we had more foreshadowing tonight with Killian and death. Rumple said his deal with Killian would be in effect “until you die.” I think he’s going to have to die to end that deal. And Emma will have to bring him back, either with TLK or magic tears or some other aspect of her magic.

I didn't catch that specific wording while watching the episode, but that's definitely a huge, fluorescent, blinking neon sign duct-taped onto an anvil... along with all the other Hook-is-going-to-die anvils we've gotten so far.

• Love 2

I get a feeling the Sorcerer and the Author are one in the same.

That's the feeling I've been having, too.  Right now, I would not be surprised to find that plotline merging with Operation Mongoose, and (horrifyingly) finding out that because Regina's overcome her darkness she deserves an extra-shiny rainbow of a happy ending. 

So, since we know people are going to be sucked into the hat, who are we expecting?  Because I can't make up my mind on that one.

Will broke into the library to steal a picture (a funny looking one, poor guy) of Ana?  Is it possible she was sucked into the hat somehow?  Or did something else happen to her?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3

That's the feeling I've been having, too.  Right now, I would not be surprised to find that plotline merging with Operation Mongoose, and (horrifyingly) finding out that because Regina's overcome her darkness she deserves an extra-shiny rainbow of a happy ending. 

Regina will probably not get sucked into the hat, because the hat will recognize her special-snowflakeness and refuse to suck in a person so bold and audacious. Or it will just yell "Gryffindor".

• Love 6

Re: Ana and what Will is doing in Storybrooke:

Is it possible she was sucked into the hat somehow?

I think we have a winner! Supposedly the mansion (and the hat box) are new to Storybrooke, and Ana had magic, so maybe she's in there.

I'm also wondering who/what the Sorcerer is if the Apprentice was the old guy. I'm hoping the Sorcerer shows up to give Rumple a massive smackdown when he tries to use the hat for himself. But I wonder if Rumple can't use the hat yet, or if there's some other reason that he hasn't used it to give himself extra superpowers. Is it going to be a case of a villain overreaching by wanting it all -- he could have had extra powers if he'd just used the hat when he found it, but he's going to be foiled because he decided to suck up even more magic first?

But who would suck Ana into the hat?  I supposed that's only assuming that only the Dark One is powerful enough to wield and use the hat and evil enough to suck in good practitioners of magic.  Maybe someone else has that power as well.

It's all a plot by that shady witch, the Blue Fairy.

ETA: I was looking at the writers for "The Apprentice" and noticed next week also has a new to Once writer. Unlike this week's newbie, he's got a ton of writing credits including Tales from the Crypt, Pushing Daisies and The Outer Limits. I try not to get my hopes up, but it's possible this guy actually has some interesting ideas on making the Snow Queen more interesting & creepy and less scenery chewing. 

Edited by KAOS Agent