Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

I wonder how she feels at the Convent with no one asking for her help.  She doesn't even bother to come to dish out advice anymore after no one consulted her about Zelena.

She's probably going all "fuck them all" and thinking about the best way to mess up.  You know like when she thought she could banish the Dark One to the Land without Magic by using Bae...things of that nature.

I wonder if she remembers that no one seemed to give a hoot that she died after her shadow was ripped from her.

• Love 2

I have a new theory. The hat sucks in magic. What has Rumple said is the most powerful magic of all? True love. He also said in the latest ep that love can be wielded as a weapon.I think he wants to suck Emma and her magic into the hat. I can envision him trying to do that and Hook stepping in between her and the hat to protect her -- much as Anna sacrificed herself by stepping in front of Hans' sword to protect Elsa in "Frozen."

Hook doesn't have traditional magic, but he would show True Love magic in this instance. So perhaps his life force, the essence of love, could be sucked into the hat -- "killing" him and thus releasing him from Rumple's deal. If Emma is holding onto him, his body could remain behind for her TLK or magic tears to revive.

If he is entirely sucked into the hat, then I would envision Emma going after him to save him, much as he jumped into the time portal after her. Then we could have an ep or two of them in the Hat World, encountering magical beings and finding a way out of the hat. Perhaps they end up releasing Maleficent this way. Though I'm sure the show wouldn't want to deal with releasing all the magical beings in the hat, so they'd be the only ones with the Get Out of Hat Free cards.

Either way, I want there then to be hell to pay for Rumple! Maybe seeing Rumple try to suck Emma into the hat would be enough for Belle to finally realize he's not a good dude and leave him. (Though she didn't seem to care about Emma when she was freezing to death....)

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

Now that Anna is back in Arendelle, I am assuming she will meet the Snow Queen soon.  I suspect the Snow Queen is actually telling the truth that Anna put Elsa into the urn (since it would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a twist).  But of course, there will be 101 mitigating factors behind it.  I hope we won't get Elsa remembering what Anna did, which makes her turn away from Anna to embrace the Snow Queen, so then Anna, with the help of Emma & Friends, has to convince Elsa yet again to let her in.

Edited by Camera One

I just watched the Mickey Mouse part of Fantasia for research.  So now I speculate Henry will put on the Hat, try to melt Marion, but instead accidentally cause the Ice Wall to melt, resulting in a flash flood in Storybrooke.  

I was also thinking... if Henry does find out Gold's nasty little secret while working at the Pawn Shop and tells Belle, then Henry can still be Rumple's undoing.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I like Rumple but I want to see him get his comupence. I hope the sorcorer is running a long con and that the hat does rid the dark one do the dagger by actually getting rid of the dark one curse and power. I am hoping that Hook makes it happen because the hat gives its power to non magical person.

• Love 2

I don't even understand why the Sorcerer would create something so powerful that sucks in any kind of magical being including the Apprentice who as far as we know is a good guy.  It's like why create a nuclear weapon to try and keep it away from bad people.  How about not creating in the first place?

Is this about preserving a balance of power between good and evil where the hat doesn't give a shit?  That thing is like a freakin' vacuum cleaner.  Let's sucks everything that's magical, and who cares!

Edited by YaddaYadda

Just another example of the writers not giving a damn about the logical consistency of the universe they've created (and often, the logic of the characters' actions as well).

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

I don't even understand why the Sorcerer would create something so powerful that sucks in any kind of magical being including the Apprentice who as far as we know is a good guy.  It's like why create a nuclear weapon to try and keep it away from bad people.  How about not creating in the first place?

Maybe it's some sort of emergency device to use if someone magical takes over the universe? Or, it could be that it's a prison for someone already in there that needs to be guarded. The Apprentice said something about how dangerous the contents were. Maybe he was talking about an evil that's trapped inside.

(What if the Sorcerer himself is in there?)

Edited by KingOfHearts

Well, according to this show and the writers' usual logic, if the Apprentice is a good guy, then he's probably stupid.

The Sorcerer was probably trying to give the Very First Dark One a second chance, since the Very First Dark One claimed he had changed and wanted to be a better person.  Turns out the Very First Dark One changed his mind about wanting to change and sucked the Sorcerer into the Hat.

Edited by Camera One

Watched "The Sorcerers Apprentice" from Fantasia for the first time in years today. One thing I got was that when Mickey used the hat, it overwhelmed him. My question is; who is going to be overwhelmed? Will Rumple get more then he bargained for and overwhelmed when he tries to use the hat's power? Or could it be Henry, as they are setting him up as "the apprentice?"

Watched "The Sorcerers Apprentice" from Fantasia for the first time in years today. One thing I got was that when Mickey used the hat, it overwhelmed him.

It was interesting that the apprentice was an older man. Perhaps we'll get a flashback of his younger days that mirrors what happened to Mickey?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Or could it be Henry, as they are setting him up as "the apprentice?"

The Apprentice who was sucked into the hat, other than him being apparently immortal, does he have magical powers?  Does Henry have any kind of magic?  I know there are tons of questions the show will not answer, like how the sorcerer chooses his apprentice.  Is it now Henry's role to actually protect the hat from the Dark One?  The hat was taken from the apprentice by Rumple, then Anna took it from Rumple, then Rumple found it again and now Hook is also in the picture and it seems that he will be paralleling Anna on some level.  That whole speech about how Hook should be grateful that Rumple reminded him of his darkness was just so out there...and now you have Henry who is apparently not above manipulating Rumple by using his love for his son as a weapon against him.

The dynamic of this show is really fucked up.

• Love 2
and now you have Henry who is apparently not above manipulating Rumple by using his love for his son as a weapon against him.

But on this show, will that be considered bad? After all, he's doing it in service of St. Woegina, to help her get that happy ending that she totally deserves and has been deprived of, due to no fault of her own. How can that possibly be bad? (This is when I need a sarcasm font.) I don't know if these two plot lines will really intersect, other than maybe Henry finding out about Hook working with Rumple. Otherwise, I don't think Henry is really the Apprentice, sweeping moment aside (I suspect that was one of those "hey, look, an homage to the source material!" that doesn't actually map to the story).

I've been thinking about the question of whether Hook should have learned his lesson from the kiss curse, and what teachable moments were there really for him to have learned from? He learned that Emma gets pissed when he doesn't tell her something that directly affects her (duh) and that she then gets over it when the next crisis hits. But he also learned that she and her family weren't interested in listening to his explanation and didn't appreciate any of the nuances, like the fact that her family had been threatened if he did tell, and they immediately jumped to the worst possible conclusion about him and accused him of lying about the thing he was actually telling the truth about (the message) and believed he might have been working for Zelena all along. Giving up his ship and traveling to another world on the basis of a vague message saying Emma and her family needed help was probably the most noble and heroic thing he's ever done, and they jumped to the conclusion that it was evil. He's never had a case where he told them something that might look bad for him and they gave him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't get to see how things would have worked out in the kiss curse if he'd told right away -- if he'd told and Zelena carried through on her threat to hurt Henry, would they have blamed Hook for telling in spite of the threat?

So while I think he was stupid to get himself into this mess in the first place, and as an outsider who's watched enough TV to know that you should always tell because it's the cover-up that gets you in trouble I know he should tell right away, I can kind of see where Hook might be leery of telling anything because he doesn't have the confidence that he'll be trusted or believed. Most of that is his own fault due to his past actions, but he hasn't yet found a space where he feels safe to be honest among these people. When he's getting accused of nefarious motives while putting himself on the line to help them, I can see where he wouldn't be sure of how they'd react to him admitting that he screwed up while doing something stupid like attempting to blackmail Rumple.

It did seem like in both the kiss curse and this one, his first instinct was to head straight to tell someone, but then when circumstances got in the way he lost his nerve, and then the problem of the longer you wait the harder it is to tell kicked in. He'll probably try to contain it himself until it gets to be too much and then he gets himself nearly killed, annoying Emma on multiple levels -- the dishonesty and the nearly dying on her.

• Love 4

Good point about what Hook may have "learned" from the kiss curse, Shanna Marie. I would buy it if the writers presented it that way. However, I fear they didn't give it nearly as much thought.

• Love 1
He's never had a case where he told them something that might look bad for him and they gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, and that's because Hook couldn't even bring himself to tell the Charmings about the kiss curse. Zelena had to drop that lovely little tidbit of info on them. Hook never fessed up to it.

I have a hard time believing that what Hook learned was that being honest makes people think the worst of you, because the whole problem is that the Charmings only distrusted him (for all of a hot half-second, I might add) in 3B precisely because he lied to them and withheld vital information. The Pavlovian association Captain Genius should have made was "keeping things from the Charmings=bad! It makes them mistrust me!" (Because, shockingly, when you act in an untrustworthy manner, people tend not to trust you.) The writing for Hook is just inexplicable right now. I mean, literally, the kiss curse stuff happened like 3 days ago! It's just bad writing.

I have a hard time believing that what Hook learned was that being honest makes people think the worst of you

It's really more that he's never learned that telling the truth makes things better. He doesn't have any positive counter-examples, mostly because the opportunity hasn't come up. The closest is telling that Neal was alive in Neverland, but that was really a clear-cut choice between being selfish and doing the right thing, and the truth he was telling didn't have anything to do with his own actions. It was a relatively easy choice about relaying third-party information. But otherwise, he has no experience with good things happening when he tells the truth or of people trusting him or giving him the benefit of the doubt when he tells the truth. One of the few times he's told the total truth as he understood it at the time, and when it was actually a positive thing that reflected well on him, he was accused of lying. So what would he assume would happen if he told a truth that involved some shady actions on his part?

I'm just trying to think of Emma's reaction to him telling her about what Rumple is up to with the hat and the fact that Rumple has a security tape that isn't what it seems and is magically doctored. Would she believe him? Would she look for outside evidence and find none? Would she think that it sounds awfully convenient that the evidence was changed by magic? Even if she did believe him, would she be angry about the initial blackmail? I really don't know because these characters are all over the place with stuff like this, but I can see where his pretty dark and warped worldview would make it difficult for him to believe in any positive outcome. This may actually end up being a test of whether his desire to be good extends beyond impressing Emma, if he's ultimately willing to risk his entire relationship with her and her trust in him in order to do the right thing and warn them about Rumple's scheme. So far, just about every good thing he's done has been to help Emma and get her to see him in a different way. He needs to do something that's not about her or that could even push her away from him.

• Love 1

Even if the kiss curse happened a year ago, the writers just wrote him stupid for the sake of being stupid and I hate things like that to advance the plot.  I', still hoping that there's some long con in here that he's running and that he will come clean with Emma sooner rather than later, I don't care if it's something we see on screen or not. 

Hook is his own worst enemy.  Grand gestures don't matter if you're going to mess it up by lying.  The whole hand thing might seem trivial, but the sorcerer's hat and what it can accomplish and Rumple being in possession of it is not.  It has the potential to be dangerous not just to magical folks but to everyone else once Rumple has gained powers and is no longer controlled by the dagger.

ETA - While I'm pretty sure Emma would believe Hook if he decided to come clean and forgive him, I think what might make her pissy at him more than the whole deal with Rumple is the fact that Hook used Belle against him.  This sort of isn't Hook's first go 'round on this.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
The closest is telling that Neal was alive in Neverland, but that was really a clear-cut choice between being selfish and doing the right thing, and the truth he was telling didn't have anything to do with his own actions. It was a relatively easy choice about relaying third-party information.

That moral dilemma ("dilemma") may not have been about Hook's actions, but he definitely had a stake in the outcome. And it still should serve as a counter-example for Hook, that good things happen (and people trust you) when you're honest.

One of the few times he's told the total truth as he understood it at the time, and when it was actually a positive thing that reflected well on him, he was accused of lying. So what would he assume would happen if he told a truth that involved some shady actions on his part?

But Hook had told the Charmings previously that he didn't know where the message came from (3x12). They believed him then and were willing to trust/work with him. They didn't start doubting his story until Zelena revealed that he'd been lying about the kiss curse. (Which is, imo, not at all an unreasonable reaction on their parts.) If anything, their different reactions to what he said in 3x12 and 3x19 should serve as further confirmation that honesty's the best way to go.

I don't have a big problem with Hook withholding information about the stupid kiss curse, because Zelena's threats were real. We saw what she did with Aurora and  Philip. If he told Emma about it, Zelena would do something to Henry, and I can see Hook taking the fall for it.

She had some magic Voldemort style ( when they knew if you said his name). You say "kiss curse" and she knows you said that and where you are, so she can punish you.

Now, about this ridiculous  hand course, I don't know why Hook would keep this a secret and loose a chance of screwing the Dark one over and come clean with Emma. (It's a win-win situation).

Edited by didia

Emma spent most of 3B taking jabs at Hook for being a shallow pirate and "one-handed". And that was like a week ago. And unlike Belle, she's not the kind to stick around with someone who's continuing to to shady stuff. Despite the fact that Emma just asked him out on a date, Hook is really insecure about his place in Emma's life. He probably thinks that once Emma finds out about the shady deal he made with Rumple, she would push him away for good. Rumple pressed all those buttons when he played Hook. He came clean about Neal in Neverland because the stakes were different then. With the stupid Kiss Curse, I don't blame him too much for not telling anyone right away, but I do blame him for thinking he could send Henry away with Smee on a boat to New York (like, WTF??). I'm afraid Hook is not going to tell Emma about being basically Rumple's slave until its too late. Then, he will die in a sacrificial gesture and thus fulfill the terms of Rumple's contract, and regain Emma's trust because of his near-death experience. Why doesn't anyone talk it out on this Show?!!

I don't know how much Hook understood about the Hat. Maybe he thinks it's a portal? He probably doesn't know that Rumple is planning to suck magical beings into the hat to activate its power. Once he finds out, it probably ends up being too late to stop the "heroes", and it's all going to be resolved as stupidly as the Kiss Curse. 

Edited by Rumsy4

I waiver a lot on the Hook issue.  On the one hand I want to hold his feet to the fire, I want Emma to seat him and explain to him like he's a five year old why you should never make deals with Rumple.  Then I'm like well they all made deals with Rumple. except that Rumple didn't hate any of them enough to have them tied to the deal until the end of their lives.

Then I'm like well if they should just forgive him for his lapse in judgement.  He's been on his own for a long time and finally has a sense of maybe family, maybe home, he is bound to make ridiculous mistakes in the name of keep what he found and if they go after him with tar and feathers and show irrational anger towards him and decide they're completely done with him, then they're all a bunch of hypocrites because of the way they all treat freakin' Regina.

• Love 3

then they're all a bunch of hypocrites because of the way they all treat freakin' Regina.

That is the crux of the problem right there. The way all the characters treat Regina has pretty much destroyed their credibility as rational beings. The Regina-worship has poisoned all the characterization in the Show, and it's impossible for the writers to extricate themselves from this self-created conundrum. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I completely agree that how everyone has treated Regina has destroyed their personalities.  However, I suppose one can also say that people might hold different people to different standards depending on how much hope you have for them and/or how closely they affect you personally.  Snow/Charming may conceivably hold Hook to a higher standard than Regina or Rumple, since their main concern is that Emma is well treated.  Whereas they don't really know Belle all that well, and the only person they care about who is involved with Regina is Henry, who on paper they should care about, but maybe they see Henry as being the one person Regina wouldn't hurt.  Let's see this week if we get any reaction from Emma, Charming or Snow regarding Henry living full time at The Evil Queen's, or working at the Dark One's store.  Maybe they wouldn't even care if Henry decides he wants to make ice cream with Snow Queen or go on a time-travel trip to Oz to visit Aunty Crazy, Neverland to visit Grandpa Psycho and Wonderland to see Grandma No-Redeeming-Qualities.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Honestly, I just remove Regina from all consideration these days. I know that the Regina Bubble has infected the entire show, and that they're all going to act totally irrationally toward her. So I don't try to compare how someone reacts to Hook or Rumpel to how they act toward Regina...it's just the Regina Effect. So I hold the other relationships to higher standards.

• Love 4

I don't know how much Hook understood about the Hat. Maybe he thinks it's a portal? He probably doesn't know that Rumple is planning to suck magical beings into the hat to activate its power.

I was unclear on this as well. If he gets that Rumpel is collecting magical people in his hat, his first reaction should have been to immediately tell Emma since that's a seriously dangerous item there and Emma would be high on Rumpel's list of targets. Better that she's pissed at him than dead/sucked into the hat. Sadly, I don't see any of it coming to a head until we get to the two hour special in episode 8. Past experience says nothing interesting happens plot-wise until then, so we'll get lots of contrived and annoying Hook angst. Emo!Hook is right up there with Woegina's endless flood of tears in the most irritating things on this show, so I'm not looking forward to this silly plot at all. 

Maybe they wouldn't even care if Henry decides he wants to make ice cream with Snow Queen or go on a time-travel trip to Oz to visit Aunty Crazy, Neverland to visit Grandpa Psycho and Wonderland to see Grandma No-Redeeming-Qualities.

The only person who ever seems to question whether Henry should be doing something that's clearly crazy is Emma. And then everyone tells her that she's overreacting and wrong. Of course that's pretty much what always happens to Emma. She has a normal reaction to something or a bad feeling about someone and everyone ignores her or brushes it off. If she attempts to stop Henry from working for Rumpel, Emma will be painted as the bad guy and insecure, clingy mother by everyone sans Hook. Rumpel is family don't you know. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 4
That moral dilemma ("dilemma") may not have been about Hook's actions, but he definitely had a stake in the outcome.

But telling that Pan had told him Neal was alive didn't require confessing that he'd screwed up. It was really a win-win situation -- yes, if he told that Neal was alive and they rescued him, then he'd have a romantic rival, but actually it never really was about her choosing which guy but rather her deciding what she wanted, and that was going to happen with or without Neal in the picture, and by telling he was going a long way toward demonstrating how far he'd come. There really wasn't a way that telling was going to make him look bad or negatively affect anyone's opinion of him. The only way he really could have lost in that scenario was not telling and then Pan letting it slip that he'd known.

In this case, it's more of a potential lose-lose -- if he doesn't tell, then it will look really bad for him when the truth inevitably comes out, but in telling he also looks pretty bad because it will be clear just how badly he's screwed up and he'll have to admit to blackmail and withholding vital information about Rumple from the others. Mind you, I'm not saying that not telling is the right decision for him to make, just that I can believe that he will think that it's his best option for the time being. I can believe him not telling and trying to resolve it himself more easily than I can believe Hook making that deal in the first place, that out of the blue he suddenly wants his hand back so badly that he's willing to make a deal with Rumple involving blackmail and that he would believe the hand was making him bad (when he had that same hand when he was the very upright Lt. Jones and didn't have the hand when he was engaging in his revenge spree) so that he'd be desperate enough to make a "I'll do anything!" deal with Rumple.

• Love 2

I don't know how much Hook understood about the Hat. Maybe he thinks it's a portal? He probably doesn't know that Rumple is planning to suck magical beings into the hat to activate its power.

Unless Hook plugged his ears The Apprentice said what the hat is for. He said you and I both know you'll never collect enough magic to do what you want. Rumple replies something like don't you worry. You won't be around to see it and sucks him into the hat.

At the very least Hook should understand that Rumple is collecting magic and that should be enough for him to alert someone.

• Love 4

I'm thinking that with Neal gone, the writers wanted yet another plot device besides Henry, so Hook had to become the next one, unfortunately. None of his behavior re: Rumple makes any sense.

It's sad but true. Hook is my favourite character but they have him acting like an idiot for the sake of the plot.

• Love 2

If he gets that Rumpel is collecting magical people in his hat, his first reaction should have been to immediately tell Emma since that's a seriously dangerous item there and Emma would be high on Rumpel's list of targets. Better that she's pissed at him than dead/sucked into the hat.

It's hard to know what her reaction would be, she doesn't usually go ballistic and recently she was pretty chill about seeing Regina burn her mother at the stake.  So yes, truly better to report what happened no matter how pissed she might be because it's something that could kill her.

• Love 1

Hook has overplayed his hand with Rumpel, to be sure, but he's always been impetuous and a little careless about getting his revenge. I didn't really care much for the character until he began his redemption arc in S3. Before that, I mostly just rolled my eyes every time a villain played him...which was pretty frequently. I'd hate to see him revert back to that, but I don't think he will completely or at least not permanently.

None of his behavior re: Rumple makes any sense.

That may be one good reason for him not to try to tell and explain himself up front. We don't believe it, and we watched it happen. I'm just imagining Emma's reaction: "So, what you're trying to tell me is that you figured out that Belle has a fake dagger and you used that to blackmail Rumple into giving your hand back because you wanted two hands for our date? And then you believed that your hand was making you evil, so you told Rumple you'd do anything to get him to remove it? And that was why you had to help him hold down an old man so he could be sucked into a magic hat, and now Rumple is making you work for him or else he'll show me a security tape of you holding down the old man, and he magically removed himself from it? Seriously? That's your explanation for this tape you're sure Rumple is about to show me?"

One thing I'm curious about seeing: What will his reaction be to Rumple's claim that he did nothing to the hand, that it was all him? Will that make him try even harder to be good (and feel even worse about whatever Rumple makes him do)? Or will he give up and figure he doesn't stand a chance of truly reforming? Or will the writers forget that part entirely because they just wrote it as a shocking gotcha moment and don't really mean it to be part of a character arc?

On another note, there's been a lot of speculation of who the "apprentice" in this story line is going to be, Hook or Henry. But I'm thinking it will end up being Rumple himself because he's trying to use the hat and it will end up out of control.

Edited by Shanna Marie

That may be one good reason for him not to try to tell and explain himself up front. We don't believe it, and we watched it happen. I'm just imagining Emma's reaction: "So, what you're trying to tell me is that you figured out that Belle has a fake dagger and you used that to blackmail Rumple into giving your hand back because you wanted two hands for our date? And then you believed that your hand was making you evil, so you told Rumple you'd do anything to get him to remove it? And that was why you had to help him hold down an old man so he could be sucked into a magic hat, and now Rumple is making you work for him or else he'll show me a security tape of you holding down the old man, and he magically removed himself from it? Seriously? That's your explanation for this tape you're sure Rumple is about to show me?"

When you word it like that, it's almost like one of those stories where it's so absurd that it has to be true.

But here's my main issue with this whole "Hook is being a bad boy if he doesn't tell anyone he's been working with Rumple": Technically, isn't Rumple considered "family" to our good guys now? He's Henry's grandpa and he's married to a "good girl." The Nevenger crew lets him live his normal Storybrooke life and they don't try to interact with him or Belle. So it's not like the Zelena situation where Hook is clearly dealing with a villain; if Hook tells everyone he's been in cahoots with Rumple, then they should be equally pissed off at Rumple, too. This is one of those situations where the writers have made Rumple too powerful, because the good guys can't ever put him in jail or punish him for his actions because he could easily escape using magic, but then the good guys look like idiots if he does something evil because they haven't deemed him an official "villain" because he's family.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

Hook was acting stupidly in "The Apprentice", but so was Rumple in my opinion.  I'm not sure if how Rumple acted could even be explained with the stretch that he wants to exact revenge on Hook.

I think it is more than revenge.  Rumple hates Hook and doesn't want Hook to redeem himself.  There are special kind of person that want to tear down men who might be better than them; they want to bring out the worst in a person.  Rumple and Pan strike as that type.  They want to break down people to make them the worst possible person.  Pre-dark Rumple was a coward and selfish man who turned his back on his community.  He was always afraid, cowering and begging, while doing absolutely nothing to help his family. Hook is full of action, bravado and passion.  Hook never begged Rumple for his life; he never grovelled; never showed fear of the dark one.  When faced with the seemingly same situation to fight for Milah (duel with an opponent he can't win against) Hook fought.  Rumpel didn't.  Rumple wants to be better for Belle, but he can't.  Meanwhile Hook is making strides to becoming a better man and to find happiness with the  former lover of his son.  Rumple is not going to let that happen.  Rumple doesn't need Hook for his nefarious plans, but he wants to destroy any chance of happiness and redemption Hook may have. 

Anyway on to the speculation, I think those speculating Hook will die are right.  He will be resurrected somehow.   I am hoping that there is a change when he comes back.  What I am hping for is that he becomes immune to all magic.  He can use magical items like beans, portals but he can't be hurt or helped by any magic directed at him, so no more curses for Hook (YEAH!)  but Emma won't be able to save him in the future. 

• Love 6

Anyway on to the speculation, I think those speculating Hook will die are right.  He will be resurrected somehow.   I am hoping that there is a change when he comes back.  

What if he comes back, and appearance-wise, he turns into Neal, but he retains Hook's personality and internal characteristics?  If anything, it would be hilarious to see everyone's reactions.  Then we would have Emma, Rumple and Henry try to reconcile themselves to who the heck this person actually is.

Anyway on to the speculation, I think those speculating Hook will die are right.  He will be resurrected somehow.   I am hoping that there is a change when he comes back.

I'm totally dreading a memoryless Hook, back in his pirate glory, with Emma trying to make him fall in love with her again.

Hook was acting stupidly in "The Apprentice", but so was Rumple in my opinion.  I'm not sure if how Rumple acted could even be explained with the stretch that he wants to exact revenge on Hook.

Yeah, I still don't understand what came over Rumple to have Hook tag along on his secret mission. Like, now Hook has info that could blow his 30 year old quest wide open, just waiting for a tiny attack of conscience on Hook's part to spill forth to the Charmings. Want Hook to be indebted to him for life? Sure, I can understand that. But then have him take part in ANOTHER bad deed you can blackmail him over. Or make him clean the pawnshop's toilers with a toothbrush. Anything, anything that won't give him access to highly confidential information.

• Love 3

So Dairy Queen became a foster mother so she could have a family that loves her. Unless sh eknew who Emma was, why would she wipe her memories. It's pretty ironic that she failed to wipe out the tape footage. Maybe technology vs magic will take up a future arc. That's what they seemed to be goign for with Greg and Tamara but that was a flop.

I'm interested to see where (if anywhere) they go with Will and Hook. I assume Will lied about Hook punching him last week for a reason. He is also now in a position to blackmail Hook if he wants. I am curious how/when/if he does.

• Love 1

So was DQ piecing together a mirror from pieces of other mirrors? Dark-magic mirrors? Or did she have a broken mirror and simply repaired it with a piece from Regina's mirror?

That mirror is so getting broken and sending out see-only-ugly shards.

Belle holding the baby tonight was total foreshadowing that she's going to get knocked up right? And since the baby will actually be the child of the Dark One, he will be Damian the devil child. Please make this happen, show. 

So I'm super intrigued now by DQ and how she got to Storybrooke.  The photos taken by Sydney were taken pre-curse breaking and the picture doesn't look like DQ and Emma are inviting each other to dinner.  I guess that's where Emma's memories of that foster home go poof? 

I don't understand how a town where people freak out because there's a stranger amongst them (August) doesn't have the same reaction when DQ shows up. 

I wonder how they're going to twist the timeline around to make everything fit.

What I'm confused about is the DQ sounded very much to me like seeing Emma in Storybrooke for the first time was a total surprise. She seems really in control of her plan and I can't imagine she would have let that "Emma?" slip unless she was totally shocked to see her there. (Unless it was by design to get under Emma's skin?) So ... are we possibly dealing with another set of wiped memories here? Could the DQ be missing some of hers, too, only from the first time she was in Storybrooke during the first curse?

Edited by Dani-Ellie