Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

I had faith that the Cavaliers would win game 5 & they did very easily. I didn't have to break a sweat tonight. And Kevin Love actually showed up. Now they have to close the deal on Friday Night in Toronto. All that panicking from ESPN was for nothing. I'm shocked that they're not giving the Warriors the same treatment right now for being down 3-1 to the Thunder. 

(edited)

Tonight was a very competitive game between GSW and OKC. GSW played much better tonight as a team and was able to keep the series alive. They got a good amount of help from players like Mo Speights and Steph played well. Draymond was effective too. 

But OKC stayed in the game and I believe that OKC is the better team. OKC needs to work on not having so many turnovers, they had several of them tonight, especially Russell Westbrook and that hurt them. I hope they will start protecting the ball more. 

I am looking forward to game six and I hope that OKC closes it out on their home floor. If this goes to game seven that won't bode so well for OKC. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I am looking forward to game six and I hope that OKC closes it out on their home floor. If this goes to game seven that won't bode so well for OKC. 

I agree. Whichever team wins Game 6 wins the series.

• Love 4

Green had a good game, but you know what was weird?  His legs didn't flail once.  I guess it's a condition that comes and goes, depending on who is in front of him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Congrats to the Cavaliers and their fans for winning the ECF and advancing to the NBA Finals again.

I thought it was classy the way that Kyle and DeMar congratulated the Cavs towards the end of the game. I thought that Toronto did a nice job this season and I was happy to see them reach a milestone for their franchise. I hope good things will continue to happen for them in the future. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I thought it was classy the way that Kyle and DeMar congratulated the Cavs towards the end of the game. I thought that Toronto did a nice job this season and I was happy to see them reach a milestone for their franchise. I hope good things will continue to happen for them in the future. 

It's the Canadian way.

• Love 1

I want to congratulate the Toronto fans.

They really respect their teams & opposing teams.   Love how they applauded the Raptors afterwaed.

It was a great season for them. I worry abt facing them in the near future.

• Love 1

Good effort Raps, great season full of a bunch of firsts, and we took it further then anyone thought possible. Everyone has to respect us now, because they've learned that when they don't they could be in for a surprise.  We don't give up.

Good series to the Cavs , they were the better team and they won. Good luck to them in the Finals. I hope they give the Warriors or Thunder a hard time, because it seems like everyone thinks the West is gonna win this. Go underdogs! 

As for the Raps, hopefully we can shock the world one more time and keep DeRozan, cause everyone seems to believe he's going to bolt to sunny LA.

• Love 4

I'm kind of bummed out that we will never know what kind of profanity laden speech Masai Ujiri would have given to the people of Toronto leading into the Finals.

• Love 1

Okay, now I'm getting insanely nervous. Will this be the end of the Warrior's glorious, record breaking season? Can Steph do whatever is necessary to return to alien life form basketball? Will Bogut step up again? Will Dray control himself sufficiently not to get thrown out? I feel so much more confident about potentially (hopefully!) facing the Cavs than the Thunder tonight...but if we win this one, game seven should be big fun!

(edited)
4 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

If OKC loses this series, and I sincerely thinks they will, this will eat at Westbrook and Durant for a loooooong time. They had it.

I am concerned that OKC will lose this series now. I actually had a bad feeling about this game tonight. GSW warriors have gotten hot at the right time now and they lots of confidence, now that they have gotten the win at OKC. I think it's a strong chance they will play well in game seven, get favorable calls and that they will now win the series. 

I was glad to see OKC's role players play well in tonight's game, but OKC came undone at the very end with the turnovers. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I am concerned that OKC will lose this series now. I actually had a bad feeling about this game tonight. GSW warriors have gotten hot at the right time now and they lots of confidence, now that they have gotten the win at OKC. I think it's a strong chance they will play well in game seven, get favorable calls and that they will now win the series. 

I didn't even bother watching game 6 because I knew this shit would happen. Now golden boy and company will blow out the Thunder game 7 and all will be well in ESPN land. Barf. No point in watching the inevitable trainwreck. Poor Thunder fans.

Edited by twoods

OKC most certainly blew it tonight. Klay Thompson basically won that game & Stephen Curry finished it. Frankly, its a good thing that the Warriors won tonight because I want those guys in the Finals. That rotten stench from last June is still there & I want it gone. 

Lets face it. I'm absolutely certain that the Thunder are going to lose on Monday Night. 

(edited)
14 minutes ago, twoods said:

I didn't even bother watching game 6 because I knew this shit would happen. Now golden boy and company will blow out the Thunder game 7 and all will be well in ESPN land. Barf. No point in watching the inevitable trainwreck. Poor Thunder fans.

14 minutes ago, Magog said:

Lets face it. I'm absolutely certain that the Thunder are going to lose on Monday Night. 

I really did have a bad feeling about this game all day long. I started to feel a little better when OKC kept the game but then they ended up collapsing. 

I'm afraid they will lose game 7. The momentum is for GSW now, they will be in front of their home crowd, and they will probably get more favorable calls. I was happy to see Kanter, Adams and other OKC role players help out tonight.I was also impressed though by Billy D's adjustment. 

But KD tried to do too much tonight and turnovers ended up hurting OKC in the end. I really want OKC to win this series and to send GSW packing.  I would really enjoy seeing KD/Russ win the championship. But I could see Klay/Steph/team continue to be hot and win in game 7. 

If GSW does advances to the finals instead of OKC, I think that I am going to root for Cleveland to win the championship. I'm not feeling the cockiness that comes from the side of the Warriors or how the media fawns over them. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I'm not feeling the cockiness that comes from the side of the Warriors or how the media fawns over them. 

The Warriors actually are one of the least cockiest NBA teams ever, considering how much they've accomplished in the past couple years. Which is why the media does fawn over them. Their actions speak louder than words and they don't respond to drama and trolling. Steph Curry is one of the most down-to-earth superstars ever and they're a good team with good chemistry. They just show up and get it done the best they can. Good does not equal cocky, just because you don't favor them ;)

34 minutes ago, Magog said:

OKC most certainly blew it tonight. Klay Thompson basically won that game & Stephen Curry finished it. Frankly, its a good thing that the Warriors won tonight because I want those guys in the Finals. That rotten stench from last June is still there & I want it gone. 

See this is the problem with other teams' fans. Don't give up so easily on whomever you support. As Warriors fans know, it's not over till it's over. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MattDuffysCat said:

The Warriors actually are one of the least cockiest NBA teams ever, considering how much they've accomplished in the past couple years. Which is why the media does fawn over them. Their actions speak louder than words and they don't respond to drama and trolling. Steph Curry is one of the most down-to-earth superstars ever and they're a good team with good chemistry. They just show up and get it done the best they can. Good does not equal cocky, just because you don't favor them ;)

As a fan, I'm sure you see them a different way than the rest of us do. I see a cocky player who jaws off every night and kicks people in the crotch, or elbows when nobody is looking. I see the Golden Boy being all shucks in interviews, but waving at opposing fans in a cocky way when they are winning, or trying to make his kid into her own internet brand. The Warriors ARE a cocky team, but they are good so there is no harm in that. Doesn't mean the rest of us can stomach them (or want to).

I will probably root for Cleveland so the city can finally get a sports title under their belt. Those fans have suffered enough, but with how good the Warriors are I don't think the Cavs can hang in there unless Love and Irving show up.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, MattDuffysCat said:

They just show up and get it done the best they can. Good does not equal cocky, just because you don't favor them ;)

I think that they are a very talented team and if they advance they deserve it.  But yes I do believe some of them are cocky, including Draymond and yes Steph. Steph has stared down benches and players when he shoots threes, and he was kind of taunting the OKC crowd tonight by holding up seven fingers for game 7. He has done other things that showcase cockiness IMHO. Steph is very confident, and I think a bit cocky.  Granted he has every right to be confident, and some of my favorite athletes are on the cocky side. Nonetheless, I think that is how he and other players on GSW are. 

12 minutes ago, twoods said:

The Warriors ARE a cocky team, but they are good so there is no harm in that. Doesn't mean the rest of us can stomach them (or want to).

I will probably root for Cleveland... Those fans have suffered enough, but with how good the Warriors are I don't think the Cavs can hang in there unless Love and Irving show up.

ITA with you. I have seen Warriors behave this way as well.  I want OKC to win the title, but if GSW advances, I think that I am going to root for Cleveland to bring a championship to their long suffering fanbase.  Their city/fans have been suffering for a long time and it would be nice for them if they got a championship.

Though I do think that whoever comes out of the west will have the best shot of winning the championship. I think either OKC or GSW can beat the Cavs. I believe LeBron will play hard but he can't do it on his own and won't get as much help as these other two teams will get from their players. Plus Kevin Love has the tendency to disappear and might do this at times during the finals, which will hurt the Cavs.

I think that Kyrie and Kevin Love (and others) are going to have to really step up every night if the Cavs have a shot at winning the championship. If they don't then I can see GSW and their complete team beating them or OKC roughing them up and beating them.

Edited by Jx223

I'm not sure what games you all are watching, but Kyrie & Kevin HAVE been showing up all post-season - except the 2 games in Toronto when Kevin must've been kidnapped.

You don't win 10 post season games in a row w/only one superstar. Even Smith & Dellavadova have been pitching in.

I wasn't sure who I wanted to win.  OKC for the home court advantage, but until the last 10 min tonight, OKC has been on a roll with alot if confidence.  Or GSW because they've ben playing poorly, but then we wouldn't have home court.

But I do feel for OKC.  They HAD it for more than 3/4 of the game.

(edited)
9 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

If OKC loses this series, and I sincerely thinks they will, this will eat at Westbrook and Durant for a loooooong time. They had it.

They are going to have a hard time living it down.

If the Thunder want to have a chance at winning game 7, they MUST share the ball. Kevin and Russell have got to stop playing hero ball. The win and dominate when they get their other teammates involved. They need to stop jacking up hard shots, especially three pointers. If one must take over down the stretch, it might be better if that is Westbrook. He at least will try and get rebounds/make things happen. But they need to share the ball. Kevin has been averaging over 28 points this postseason, the highest of anyone He’s going to get a good amount of points either way, so PASS the ball.

Thompson may not get 41 points again in game 7, but Golden State has returned to their usual selves. I think that the Thunder needs to defend the heck out of Thompson/Curry and force their other players to work really hard. The last two games have been competitive and the Warriors has won by less than 10 points. A few less mistakes and turnovers on the part of the Thunder and they could have won either one of these games. They definitely could have won if they had gotten their teammates more involved.

I want the Thunder to win, but I wonder if they will fall apart in game 7. They are capable of winning if the players make the right adjustments. I wish they could pull it off.

Edited by lam48
  • Love 1

Hell I think the Warriors are cocky.

However, Show me a team that isn't "cocky" and I'll show you a team that doesn't win champhionships.  Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons and the Bulls of the last 25-30 years were all cocky in their own way.

Having said that, OKC can certainly still take the series, they've beaten the Warriors 2 in a row, (1 of those in GS home court) and 3 games in 6, which prior to the playoffs had not been done this year.  It's a matter of one more game, so 3-1 or 3-3, the Thunder just need one more win. That record win/loss season of GS doesn't matter now.

• Love 1

Its true that the next game is not a given for the Warriors but still....the Roaracle is going to be rockin'! And I hope that game 6 in this series dispels any wish on the part of any Warriors fan to have Kevin Durant with us next season. Do. not. want.

2 hours ago, isalicat said:

Its true that the next game is not a given for the Warriors but still....the Roaracle is going to be rockin'! And I hope that game 6 in this series dispels any wish on the part of any Warriors fan to have Kevin Durant with us next season. Do. not. want.

Yeah, I'm gonna second this emotion, because I don't want to lose KD, and the Warriors don't need him.  Yes, the Oracle is going to be very tough - we could not get any momentum there in Game 5.  So yeah, Game 6 was a bit of a heartbreaker for an OKC fan.

(edited)

And while OKC & GSW beat each other up and wear each other out, the Cavs will be sitting on the couch with their popcorn.

LOL

Edited by roamyn

OKC and GS has been a great series. I really though GS was done for in the 4th quarter of Game 6.  I prefer seeing GS win but I won't be upset if OKC pulls it out.  What they have done back to back against SA and GS far a exceeds any expectations I had for them before the playoffs.  I would like to see OKC win the title if they pull it out tonight.  The fans in the city are great and Durant has been a force this whole playoffs.

I think the winner of the GS-OKC series will be favored over Cleveland.  Cleveland has looked good but the competition in the East, while over all it has improved, just is not up to par with anything like SA, OKC and GS.  

23 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

OKC and GS has been a great series. I really though GS was done for in the 4th quarter of Game 6.  I prefer seeing GS win but I won't be upset if OKC pulls it out.  What they have done back to back against SA and GS far a exceeds any expectations I had for them before the playoffs.  I would like to see OKC win the title if they pull it out tonight.  The fans in the city are great and Durant has been a force this whole playoffs.

I think the winner of the GS-OKC series will be favored over Cleveland.  Cleveland has looked good but the competition in the East, while over all it has improved, just is not up to par with anything like SA, OKC and GS.  

I don't understand why people keep saying that.  Really, I don't. 

The West is top heavy.  All the playoff teams in the East have better winning percentages as a whole.  Only GSW, OKC & SA have records better than every team in the East, except the Cavs (GSW notwithstanding).  Yet after that, there's such a dropoff, that several teams that DIDN'T make the playoffs in the East, WOULD in the West.

I think no matter who wins the West, it's gonna be a great Finals.  The Cavs weren't healthy and STILL kept it competitive last year.  They're playing looser, while I see GSW playing tight.  And possibly OKC tonight.

I say it because records aside, it still seems to be Cleveland and then a whole bunch of mediocre teams in the east.  

A seventh seed Indiana almost beat the #2 seed Toronto.  Really they should have, blew a 15 point lead in game 5.  Charlotte almost beat Miami.  Cleveland beat both those teams easily.  Would have done the same to Indiana or Charlotte.  I live in Charlotte and I grew up in Indiana.  I would love to think that those teams could compete with Cleveland right now, even beat them, but I can't. What the playoffs have shown me is there is Cleveland and then a whole bunch of good but no great interchangeable teams in the east at 2-9 or so.  That's not to say those teams are not improving.  I think Charlotte has a great future.  But they are not near being contenders for a title

Yes the West is top heavy, but the top four (really CLippers as well if they had been healthy) 2-4, whoever you choice, are far better than 2-4 in the East.  After that things do even out.  And based on that the path to the finals has been harder for OK or GS either one than what Cleveland has faced.  

I just see Cleveland as having faced three mediocre teams that didn't have much chance against them so far in the playoffs.  That's not to say they couldn't win a title.  Against GS last year they were injured, this year they are healthy and GS has a possible subpar Curry.  It just doesn't mean much to me that Cleveland beat a Toronto team in 6 or a Heat team still without Bosh.

And the inevitable has started. At least the Thunder showed up for the first half but it's now time for the Warriors to start heating up. At least the Finals will be more entertaining this year because the Cavs are healthy.

• Love 1

I feel bad about OKC not going to the finals this year. Throughout much of the series I thought they were the better team.  But they couldn' t close things out. They started out well tonight, but they just couldn't deal with GSW onslaught of 3s. .I also think that the momentum shifted in the Warriors favor when Russell jacked up that ill advised three in the first half and Klay was able to come back, shoot a 3 and get into a rhythm.

I hope KD returns to OKC next year. I think that is the best place for him. I think if they can learn how to close, they can be very dangerous. Maybe he will sign a short term deal and see what happens during next season. I have to give GSW credit, they played better tonight. Congrats to them going back to another championship. They showed why they are the defending champions. 

I hope that Cleveland wins in the finals against them, but Cleveland is going to have their work cut out for them. 

Man, it really is amazing that the Thunder blew this series. Going in I gave them like a 5% chance of winning, I was pretty sure they would choke, but to be up 3-1? There's choking and there's CHOKING. This will gnaw at them for a long, long time.

It's going to be a great Finals. I'm pulling for GSW all the way.

I agree that this isn't the same Cleveland Cavaliers from last year, who weren't at full strenghth due to injuries: the problem for them is that this isnt' the same GS either, they are seasoned defending champs now who came back from the brink of defeats versus the Thunder.   If Cleveland has improved, I don't think it's a stretch to say so have the Warriors.

(edited)
On 5/25/2016 at 7:12 AM, FuriousStyles said:

The Warriors are done. They arent beating the Thunder 3 straight.  I'm not even sure they can win game 5 even if it is in Oracle.

*cough cough*......umm about that.  I mean, I havent been happier to be wrong in forever but sheeshhhh.  What an amazing comeback from the Warriors. Congrats to them. I know this "cliche" as Chris Webber just called it has probably been used too much but its soo freaking true...Never underestimate the heart of a champion.  Not sure if I underestimated Warriors heart or gave OKC too much respect.  Those guys are not mentally tough at all. We saw it all year. Too many mistakes, too many turnovers, too much hero ball. I really dont know how KD and Russ EVER get over this...and certainly not as a tandem. KD may very well leave this year or next. 

Im looking forward to the rematch in the finals. Not sure if the result will be any different. But i was concerned when i saw Steph hit that shot at halftime, with his knee and what not, but it didnt seem to bother him so who knows.  The Dubs go as Steph goes.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1

Riley! Sorry, just saw the cutest Curry on the aftergame blah blah. So proud of my team, coming in to play the entire 48 minutes with whatever it took. The MVP surely showed why he earned that title the second year in a row, especially being as beat up as he is...heal up, Steph, with whatever magical cooking you get at home and treatment at Warriors Central.

Home advantage in the finals will be crucial. Buh bye, Thunder!

• Love 1
(edited)

We saw it all year. Too many mistakes, too many turnovers, too much hero ball. I really dont know how KD and Russ EVER get over this...and certainly not as a tandem. KD may very well leave this year or next. 

I think that this will sting KD/Russ for a bit. I’m disappointed with the result of this series, but it was a great one.

I think that KD should stay with OKC. At least another year. I feel like that team is good enough to go the distance. KD/Russ just have to learn how to close. I was very impressed with Steven Adam’s hustle throughout this playoffs and I think that Kanter played well too. I think that this loss was more on Kev/Russell resulting to hero ball, and not trusting their teammates as much as they should have. When they did trust their teammates they were winning and looked like the better team in this series.

If KD does leave, I hope he goes somewhere like the Wizards or the Heat. I don’t want him to go to an already loaded Warriors or Spurs team (like it’s being rumored he will go too.) I also don’t want him to waste his prime by going to a team like the Lakers, (there is a rumor about him possibly going there too.)

The Wizards are a good young team that could possibly use him and I actually could see him doing well with the Heat. I think that Dwayne Wade would be a good mentor to him, and he could possibly lead that team far in the east.

Edited by Jx223
(edited)

Mad respect to the Warriors.  As an OKC fan, I'm heartbroken...and don't know where we go from here (God help us with the years of "Chokelahoma" we're gonna hear), but the Warriors are a hell of a team.  Not much more to say than that.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 1

Congratulations to GSW & their fans for sn improbable win.

I feel for OKC, having been on that sida many, many times (esp the 2007 ACLS when the Indians were up 3-1 over Red Sox, and blew it).

However, OKC stuck with them all along, so I do think we have a really really good chance of pulling it out.  Unless God really does hate Cleveland sports fans.

What's harder than winning a Triple Crown?  Winning a Cleveland championship  (outside of The Force).

Let the trash talk begin!  LOL 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, lyric said:

Mad respect to the Warriors.  As an OKC fan, I'm heartbroken...and don't know where we go from here (God help us with the years of "Choklahoma" we're gonna hear), but the Warriors are a hell of a team.  Not much more to say than that.

KD and Russell definitely need to work on some things (like learning how to close), and Ibaka needs to stop shooting so many 3s. But OKC as a whole is a very good team. Even with all of the mistakes, including turnovers they made in this series, if Klay had a shot a few less threes, they would be going to the finals.

I believe they are a good enough team (as currently constructed) to make it to the finals and to possibly win the championship. But they definitely need to continue focus on playing together as a team and work on things like the turnovers, stop with the hero ball type of play, etc... If they work to improve on their issues, they can go far. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I thought this would finally be the year that Westbrook stops jacking up stupid shots and plays within the team. That's how they were up 3-1, then today happened. I wonder if that's the final straw for Durant and he leaves OKC. I'm sure he's tired of the same outcome every year.

(edited)
5 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Pretty much. No doubt the Warriors will be favored over the Cavs by a lot of people. Thunder would have favored over them too. Wouldn’t shock me in the least if the Warrior are repeat champions. The Cavs are healthier this year, but Warriors still seem like the  the better team. Beat the Cavs in their matchups during regular season. And now they have tons of confidence from winning their grueling series against the Thunder.

If the Cavs want to win, people like Kevin Love better show their behinds up. Every player they have is needed to beat the warriors and their flurry of three point shooting. The Warriors are 3 point assassins and can overwhelm a team with that.

Bummer that the Thunder lost, at times in this series, it looked they had things under control. But they resulted to doing the things that have hurt them in the past. This is a tough loss for them. 

Edited by lam48

Dont want to disrespect Love and Kyrie, but these two are the reasons people think Cleveland will win?  Kyrie who can jack up shots and play hero ball as badly as Westbrook, and Love who doesnt play a lick of defense and can disappear at times?  I mean, I guess if the thought is that their mere presense on the floor will allow Lebron to win games then I guess, but if we're talking about those two actually carrying a good chunk of the load over the course of a 7 game series...against a battled tested and still very hungry team like GS, i just dont see the Cavs winning the chip. 

1 hour ago, lyric said:

Mad respect to the Warriors.  As an OKC fan, I'm heartbroken...and don't know where we go from here (God help us with the years of "Chokelahoma" we're gonna hear), but the Warriors are a hell of a team.  Not much more to say than that.

Mad respect to OKC as well, from a Warriors fan. These last 7 games gave me heartburn. 

• Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, twoods said:

I thought this would finally be the year that Westbrook stops jacking up stupid shots and plays within the team. That's how they were up 3-1, then today happened. I wonder if that's the final straw for Durant and he leaves OKC. I'm sure he's tired of the same outcome every year.

That is the thing with Westbrook, he probably is always going to a lot of really great things and some things that make you want to yell at the tv screen. I think he does more good than bad, but the rushed shots did hurt the Thunder tonight. Kudos to Adams for his effort and Dion Waters for showing up and trying to get something going.

As far as Kevin getting fed up, I think like a few others have mentioned that he might stay with the team. OKC is a pretty good team, they darn near beat the Warriors even with their sloppy play at times. Billy D is cool and made very good adjustments this series. I think Kevin stays. The Grass may not be Greener on the other side. And he will most assuredly be called a ring chaser if he goes and joins up with the Warriors like it’s being speculated that he might. I would also barf if he joined with the Spurs, just no…and joining up with those types of teams could hurt parity in the NBA.

15 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Dont want to disrespect Love and Kyrie, but these two are the reasons people think Cleveland will win?  Kyrie who can jack up shots and play hero ball as badly as Westbrook, and Love who doesnt play a lick of defense and can disappear at times?  

K-Love is the one I don't trust too much. Is he going to play Houdini at times in this series, like he has in the before? The Cavs can't afford to have him disappear at all. At least Kyrie with his faults will try and take over to a degree if needed, and can score a bunch of points. K-Love disappears at times and can definitely be a liability on defense.

And who else can the team lean on? Streaky JR Smith?  Hmm... The Cavs are going to really have to be on their A-game if they want to win the chip against the Warriors. People say they don't want LeBron to lose in another finals, but uh... I don't know. At least he got two rings already, lol.

Maybe Cleveland can hope that the Warriors are worn out from this slugfest with the Thunder. 

Edited by lam48
  • Love 1

How abour we hope that we're just as talented as GSW, that GSW has playwd without passion at times, and since we have the record for 3 shots (THIS YEAR), that maybe we ARE the better team?

GSW, the San Jose Sharks are in the Stanley Cup finals, and it's an even numbered year so the Giants are supposed to win the World Series.  This could be a helluva year for the cities by the bay.

• Love 2