Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, baldryanr said:

So I think a lot of the Porter family has a problem...

Jontay Porter - gambled on the sport, which is the least egregious given what his other brothers have done.

Coban Porter - just sentenced to six years in prison for killing someone in a drunk driving crash.

Jevon Porter - arrested for suspicion of DWI.

I'm kidding but not kidding. How many brothers does MPJ have?!

(edited)
1 hour ago, baldryanr said:

James Harden adds another to his collection of playoff duds.

I'm sure that he has another playoff dud in him for Game 6 or in Game 7 if the Clippers get there.

As for the Celtics, they won last night with ease to put away the Heat. Yay. 😒

If that game was on ESPN last night, I would of taken a nap at halftime.

Is there anyway possible that the Knicks will lose to the 76ers tonight? 

Edited by Magog
(edited)
16 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm interested to see if Lillard can light it up tonight. I didn't think he'd play. 

He light it up all right. Scoring 28 points. Sadly for him & the Bucks, they're in Cancun right now because they got their butts kicked in the 2nd half & went down to the Pacers 120-98. 

And Pat Bev was being his usual self. He only got 6 points & showed more energy & effort in doing this than what he did on the court last night.

Chuck reacts to Pat Bev throwing ball at Pacers Fan

in conclusion, Doc Rivers failed again & I can't wait to see him fail again next season. 

As for the Knicks, they won last night. Yay. 😒 The Knicks - Pacers is really going to bring some excitement. 😒 Orange & Blue Skies, Orange & Blue Skies. 😒

BTW, Tobias Harris got 0 points last night. I don't think he did very much against the Knicks. Also, thanks to that loss, Joel Embiid is now currently the only MVP in NBA History who hasn't reached a Conference Final. 

Edited by Magog

Too bad I didn't get to make my joke on Darvin Ham's future & how he would not make it to May.  Well, I didn't get the chance since I didn't bother to post it before Game 4 took place

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Carey said:

Too bad I didn't get to make my joke on Darvin Ham's future & how he would not make it to May.  Well, I didn't get the chance since I didn't bother to post it before Game 4 took place

It took a few days for the GM to contact LeBron in Cancun to get the green light. 😀

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 1:39 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the beat down of the Clippers. And they pulled Luka with about 6 minutes to go. 

Then you would of enjoyed last night's game. Clippers - Mavericks were tied at 52 at halftime & then Kyrie pretty much took over the 2nd half. He got 28 of his 30 in the 2nd half & basically put away the Clippers with ease 114-101. 

Another year. Another Playoff dud for James Harden & Pandemic P (Paul George). I can't wait to see another Playoff dud from these 2 losers next season.

Kawhi Leonard didn't play last night with his knee soreness & Im starting to think he is just about done. He can't seem to stay healthy at all like he did in his 1 yr in Toronto. 

As for Cavaliers - Magic, they're going to be a Game 7 tomorrow afternoon at 1pm after the Magic won Game 6 last night. Yay. 😒

The 2nd round in the WEST will have Mavericks - Thunder starting Tuesday Night. Timberwolves - Nuggets will start tonight. Any casual NBA fan worth a damn will seek & check out these 2 potential very entertaining series. Hopefully, nobody will listen to Mike Greenberg & ignore these 2 series while he's still pissing & moaning about Lebron, Steph, & KD currently being out of the Playoffs.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 3

Biggest comeback in NBA playoff history today, with the Cavs overcoming an 18-pt deficit to beat the Magic by 12.

The Cavs do love setting records (ie the 1-3 comeback Championship in 2016).

• Applause 2
1 minute ago, DoctorAtomic said:

It's a tight game at MSG with the refs up by 1.

And the Knicks win the game 121-117. Yay. 😒

Orange & Blue Skies, Orange & Blue Skies. 😒

• Sad 2
34 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I gotta say, I didn't foresee Minnesota trouncing Denver by 30+ for the majority of that game. 

I didn't either. Now the Timberwolves are up 2-0. 

Hopefully, that will put an end to the notion some people thought the Lakers could of beaten just about anybody in the West except for Denver. There's probably a very good chance that the Lakers would of gotten their asses kicked by the Timberwolves despite LeBron's best efforts.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Can anyone stop Brunson? Damn. 

I don't think you really have to. The Pacers only lost by 4, really by 1 if you take away the bonehead technical foul on Brunson before the inbounds at the end. Refs aside, cut down on a few turnovers and run them up and down the court, and I think they have a good shot. 

It's just mentally for game 2 whether they can keep the intensity up. 

13 hours ago, Magog said:

And the Knicks win the game 121-117. Yay. 😒

Ahh...for the days of Bradley, Willis, Earl the Pearl, Clyde...😀

• Like 2
3 hours ago, grommit2 said:

Ahh...for the days of Bradley, Willis, Earl the Pearl, Clyde...😀

The only NBA game I ever went to was with a couple of friends in 1970 or '71 (can't remember exactly when).  Anyway, it was in Baltimore against the then Bullets.  I couldn't take my eyes off of Bradley, Willis, Earl the Pearl, Clyde, and DeBusschere.   The only Bullet I remember seeing was Wes Unseld. 😄 

• Applause 1
14 hours ago, Magog said:

Hopefully, that will put an end to the notion some people thought the Lakers could of beaten just about anybody in the West except for Denver. There's probably a very good chance that the Lakers would of gotten their asses kicked by the Timberwolves despite LeBron's best efforts.

Well, I called this out when Denver barely beat the Lakers. They trailed by double digits in every game. I noted that the TWolves would be a greater test, and here we are. Denver looks like hot garbage. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:
17 hours ago, Magog said:

Well, I called this out when Denver barely beat the Lakers. They trailed by double digits in every game. I noted that the TWolves would be a greater test, and here we are. Denver looks like hot garbage. 

It's all about matchups.  I'm not too surprised since the expectations were there for these outcomes to occur.  I do agree that LA would have lost to the TWolves, but that didn't come up since it was more likely that LA would beat OKC and avoid one of Minnesota or Denver in a possible second round had the Lakers been the 8th seed.

Nice stuff from Minnesota, as they'll always have this West Semis in their history on their way toward getting completely pummeled by the East winner

Knicks win again. Yay. 😒

Knicks 130 - Pacers 121. 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Woo go Cleveland - fuck Boston lol.

Mixed feelings for me.  This is who Boston is.  They'll roll in one of their first two games, then they'll do the opposite.  It's great they took care of Miami this time, but they'll probably do nothing in Cleveland before turning it on again.

I don't know or think they'll fall to New York, but if they can't take both games on the road, then all of a sudden they'd have to battle against New York (assuming they get to the ECF).  That is good news for the West winner if things get to that point

I think Indiana is the more challenging match up for Boston. I know the Pacers are down 2, but I still feel like they're beating themselves more than getting beat. 

• Useful 1

Apparently the Celtics have been like 15-15 at home in recent playoff games (since 2021) but with a .700+ winning percentage on the road in the same time period.

Whoever the Celtics play, they'll play to the level of the competition even if they're better on paper. They'll get away with it until they don't.

(edited)

The Celtics won game 3 last night. Yay. 😒

In much happier news, the NBA Lottery is today & will happen in 2 hours. This yrs upcoming Draft is pretty weak, but there are some gems to be found. 

Edited by Magog
(edited)

Here are the results of the 2024  NBA Lottery.

1 - Hawks (Can't wait to see how they'll find a way to mess this up.)

2 - Wizards ( I feel bad for whoever they pick because Jordan Poole is still around & will be a bad influence.)

3 - Rockets (The Rockets will be even better if they can get rid of Dillon Brooks in the offseason.)

4 - Spurs

5 - Pistons (HA HA HA!!) That's what they get for not getting loss #29 & winning more than 9 games (14).

6 - Hornets

7 - Trail Blazers

8 - Spurs

9 - Grizzlies

10 - Jazz

11 - Bulls

12 - Thunder

13 - Kings

14 - Trail Blazers

Edited by Magog
  • Like 3
(edited)

I'm really enjoying that absolute ass-whopping that the Pacers are giving to the Knicks right now (currently 94-60).

Final score: Pacers 121 - Knicks 89

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2
On 5/7/2024 at 6:23 PM, Carey said:

Nice stuff from Minnesota, as they'll always have this West Semis in their history on their way toward getting completely pummeled by the East winner

Making it to the finals looks a lot less certain than it did a few days ago, doesn't it?

• Like 4

Well, making it to the Western Finals let alone next month is looking less probable than more probable.

I didn't post what I imagine Barkley preached again, where a team that wins both of the first 2 games of a series on the road is facing a must-win at home.  While it's usually the case if you lost both of those games, I get it.  While most teams are lucky to win just one of those games, it's pretty important if that other team is a much better team.

I may have seen it coming if Denver didn't look super awful at home.   I guess things are going to be interesting going forward for everybody.  You never know what Denver or Minnesota team will turn up, and who knows if Boston can play as well as everybody else at home...all the time

The Cavs gave a lot, but Boston gets that 9 point cushion and they seem to be able to hold on if the opponent goes to the 3 too much. 

I think Boston is hoping Pacers and Knicks goes the distance so they can get some rest. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

The Knicks beat up the Pacers last night 121-91. Yay. 😒

Jalen Brunson lead the way as usual with 44 points. Bernard King had 6 40+ point games in the Playoffs for the Knicks. Jalen Bronson already has 5 of those games in these Playoffs.

• Like 1

This face says it all after the Cavaliers season went down the toilet last night after the Celtics won 113-98. 😒

Is there really a chance in hell tonight the the Timberwolves will get it together & find a way to beat the Nuggets at home? Mike Conley is hurt right now (Achilles) & if he doesn't play tonight, they probably have no chance. Also Jokic is tormenting them for the past 3 games like its nothing.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Magog said:

This face says it all after the Cavaliers season went down the toilet last night after the Celtics won 113-98. 😒

Is there really a chance in hell tonight the the Timberwolves will get it together & find a way to beat the Nuggets at home? Mike Conley is hurt right now (Achilles) & if he doesn't play tonight, they probably have no chance. Also Jokic is tormenting them for the past 3 games like its nothing.

Yes, there is a chance the Timberwolves will get it together tonight since they are 21 points ahead of Denver right now.

If the Pacers can replicate their 67% FG percentage (and above 50% from three) then they can beat the Celtics.  Otherwise, a gentleman's sweep is the most likely outcome.

Being a Knicks fan continues to be an exercise in futility.  It's almost as bad as rooting for the Sixers.