Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Practice facility, hell. He's made enough millions to have sufficient facilities in his own home if he so chose. 

His return really is the ultimate test. He's on the world's thinnest ice. One more incident and he's effectively done in the league, because nobody will want him. In his prime, he could get away with costing the Warriors a championship, and even last year, he could get away with destroying the team because he was just coming off a championship. He has run out of road. And he must realize that, so we're about to see if he can control himself or not.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4

It'll be interesting what happens if/when he does it again. Kerr and the Warriors enabled him and shielded him from consequences for years (he didn't just start behaving this way when he punched Jordan Poole, despite the narrative the league pushed), what will they do the next time he stomps on someone's chest? 

• Like 2

Oh, the Warriors would be done with him too. He’s past his prime to begin with, and he’s of no use whatsoever if he keeps spending more time serving suspensions than on the court. And most Warriors fans are fed up with him, so there would be little backlash on that front.

Kerr is unlikely to coach another season, and Myers is already gone, of course. So Green doesn’t have his enablers either.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Oh, the Warriors would be done with him too. He’s past his prime to begin with, and he’s of no use whatsoever if he keeps spending more time serving suspensions than on the court. And most Warriors fans are fed up with him, so there would be little backlash on that front.

Kerr is unlikely to coach another season, and Myers is already gone, of course. So Green doesn’t have his enablers either.

I do wonder what Draymond's value would be on the trade market. The petty side of me loves the idea of him being traded to a team like Washington or Detroit, but Draymond's temperament would not survive a day (hell, an hour!) being on a 3-32 team.  

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 2
On 1/5/2024 at 10:29 PM, LexieLily said:

*raises hand* I'm a Rockets fan. Tell me more.

There's not much more to tell. It was beige and floppy and about the size of a panty hose stocking. It looked like it was there to help keep his hair under control.

Now Wolves are playing Mavericks. Dallas is ahead at the half. There is a player called Luka (haven't seen his last name enough to spell it correctly). I was wondering why he had circle tattoos on his shoulders. Then the announcer said the circles are from cupping.

12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's Luka Doncic. He's a superstar. 

He and Kyrie Irving are playing like it tonight. Wolves just got a 2-point lead.

Raptors were disappointing when they lost to the Pistons, but now they are beating the Warriors in the 3rd quarter, 93-80.

And Pistons are losing in the 4th quarter.

Detroit loses 131-114 to the Nuggets in a game where Jokic scored four points, and Cade Cunningham left the game with a left knee strain. The dream of another 28+ game losing streak is very much alive.

• LOL 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Detroit loses 131-114 to the Nuggets in a game where Jokic scored four points, and Cade Cunningham left the game with a left knee strain. The dream of another 28+ game losing streak is very much alive.

Poor Cade Cunningham. That's the only person on the Pistons who I feel very bad for. As for the Pistons themselves, I wish that the losing streak was still going & they have the record to themselves. I would be watching every Pistons game now if that streak was still going. Sadly, the Raptors have to ruin everything. I'm still sick to my stomach in absolute disgust 10 days later over that 28 game losing streak ending & NBA Futility denied.

The Pistons are not going to have another 15+ game losing streak this season. Another one of those idiot teams (it better not be the Cavaliers) is going to end the Pistons current losing streak before it gets to 15. I just have to hope that the Pistons don't get to 10 wins because that 9-73 record is another face of NBA Futility & I want the Pistons to be a part of it. I'll be OK with the Pistons tying that record. But, the Pistons having less than 9 wins in a season would be even better.

5 minutes ago

On 1/7/2024 at 11:32 AM, Black Knight said:

His return really is the ultimate test. He's on the world's thinnest ice. One more incident and he's effectively done in the league, because nobody will want him. He has run out of road. And he must realize that, so we're about to see if he can control himself or not.

And the sympathy tour begins. Draymond says Adam Silver talked him out of retiring.

I will always have sympathy for Draymond. He always reminds me of a teddy bear for some reason. 

It just sucks that he wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when Jordan Poole & his sucky Wizards were at the Chase Center. Steph had to give Jordan Poole a nice warm welcome like they're still friends & I was not happy about that. If Draymond was there, he would of given Jordan Poole the absolute cold shoulder & make him feel very unwelcome.

Edited by Magog

ESPN played a clip from Draymond’s podcast where he was like “it’s too much.  Too much.  I talked to the commissioner about retiring because it’s too much”.

But, at least in the clip I heard, he did not explain WHAT is too much.  Getting punished for something he did?  Losing 14 games as the consequences of his very own actions?  If it’s too much to not hit, or choke, or kick, or step on people, then maybe he should just leave.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Ja Morant bust up his shoulder at practice over the weekend & is getting surgery on it this week. His season is over & Memphis Grizzles season is basically over. Hopefully, he can stay out of trouble while recovering from the shoulder surgery.

As for some good news, the Pistons play against the Kings at home tonight, so hopefully the Kings will bring another defeat to the Pistons.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Magog said:

As for some good news, the Pistons play against the Kings at home tonight, so hopefully the Kings will bring another defeat to the Pistons.

Sacramento 131, Detroit 110.

Detroit gave up a 19-point lead in the second quarter 🤣

• LOL 1
(edited)

Street Clothes got 41 points & was clutch tonight with 20 of them in the 4th Quarter in a very close 132-131 win over the sorry sucky Raptors. The Lakers are now at .500 at 19-19 & in 10th place in the Western Conference.

BTW, the Raptors coach (For some reason, he still has a job.) was absolutely pissed off about the Raptors losing to the Lakers. 

Raptors coach Darko Rajakovic went OFF on the officials after their loss to the Lakers🤯

I could of somewhat felt bad for him, but his team lost to the Pistons 12 days ago costing us NBA immortality so I have absolutely no sympathy for him & those Raptors. I'm still infuriated about that & he should of showed that same type of anger towards his team for losing to the Pistons & ruining a wonderful thing (that 28 game losing streak). Frankly, he can get bent.

Edited by Magog
  • Sad 1
On 1/4/2024 at 12:34 AM, LexieLily said:

The Lakers are under .500 currently and in 10th place for the play-in. You have to wonder if Adam Silver/the refs will work overtime like they did last year to make sure the Lakers make it in - after everything they did to justify this dumbass tournament it would be "embarrassing" if their championship winner didn't even make the playoffs. 

Hee XD.

I'm quoting myself because it's beginning already. 

• Mind Blown 1

One month ago, this would of been a fun & epic match-up of 2 very crappy teams. Now, thanks to the Raptors (😒) its now just another ho-hum NBA game. I'm taking about Spurs - Pistons. Oh well, at least, it'll hopefully be another loss for the Pistons.

Timberwolves play Pistons next Wednesday. They promise to beat the Pistons.

Wolves are playing Celtics right now. Celtics have been ahead the whole game so far, but now at the half ahead by one point. I'm pretending this  foreshadows the very last game of the 23-24 season. Celtics have a couple of 3-pointer machines. This is a tough game.

5 hours ago, Magog said:

One month ago, this would of been a fun & epic match-up of 2 very crappy teams. Now, thanks to the Raptors (😒) its now just another ho-hum NBA game. I'm taking about Spurs - Pistons. Oh well, at least, it'll hopefully be another loss for the Pistons.

Spurs 130 - Detroit 108.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Well it looks like Celtics are going to win this one. I don't think Wolves can make 7 points in 12.7 seconds.

Hi Lamb18...yes, the Celtics held on to win. But this season they have shown an odd proclivity to lose a last minute lead. Strange.

1 hour ago, grommit2 said:

Hi Lamb18...yes, the Celtics held on to win. But this season they have shown an odd proclivity to lose a last minute lead. Strange.

Wolves actually were ahead most of the second half until the game went into overtime. Celtics dominated the overtime and won. 

(edited)

The Lakers got their asses kicked by the Suns last night 127-109. That game was over by halftime. I kind of enjoyed that beatdown just as much as I enjoyed those Warriors suffering that 141-105 ass whooping by the Pelicans on Wednesday Night. 

The Lakers are now 5-11 since winning that Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament. They better not be blaming LeBron for the Lakers current failure so far this season. BTW, the Trading Deadline is February 8th. I wonder how those losers at the Lakers Front Office are going to fix this current mess. 

As for even better news, the Pistons are playing the Rockets tonight. So we all know what that means. That means the Pistons are going to get another L tonight hopefully.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2

The Pistons could be playing a replica of themselves, after adding 30 years to those players.  They'd still find a way to lose the game

• LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Carey said:

The Pistons could be playing a replica of themselves, after adding 30 years to those players.  They'd still find a way to lose the game

taps imaginary microphone 

Detroit led for 95% of the game and were up by five with under four minutes left in the fourth. 

Rockets take the lead by five with two minutes to go.

Detroit gets it to within two with 6.1 seconds left. They get the final possession. 

Detroit takes a three-pointer and the ball went halfway down and out again. Pistons player goes up for the putback and misses catching the ball entirely.

Rockets win! Detroit loses their seventh straight game since Toronto...

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Bulls brass can apologize to Thelma Krause until the day they die, but that video is forever.  I could only glance at it once before my heart broke for her.  Cannot believe the fans who were displaying the grossest possible behavior; they can try to justify it to themselves that they didn’t know she was there, but I am assuming she was on the video board.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2

I've seen video. She was on the jumbotron with her name showing in a chyron. Those fans knew. They were utterly classless. If they had such a big problem with a dead GM, then just don't clap. Do not boo the widow. So gross.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I just read the article and it made me cry, especially seeing the picture of Ron Harper comforting her while she was in tears. Those classless fans are utter trash. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is just bizarre.  You're going to risk your career allegedly stealing household items from Target?  If true, he must have deeper issues - I get that rookies sometimes blow through their cash, but he should be wracking up massive credit card debt instead.

To all of those people who hate Jerry Krause - I hope they have the same vitriol for Jerry Reinsdorf because even if he wasn't as hands on as a Jerry Buss or Mark Cubam, he had to have given his tacit approval of every move.  Plus if you're going to give Krause the blame for tearing down the dynasty (and he deserves some of it) then you also have to give him the credit for building up the team around Jordan.

• Like 2

I agree about Krause deserving credit as well as blame. And I would have the credit weigh far more than the blame on the scales, because there is never any guarantee of a championship, but dynasties always end. Father Time is undefeated. Krause (and Reinsdorf) almost certainly ended this dynasty a little before its natural end, but really, who's to say? The Bulls might have repeated the next season, or not. We'll never know. A NBA season is long, injuries happen, dark horse teams go on hot streaks in playoffs, etc.

• Like 2

Steve Kerr put it best - Krause deserved more credit than he got, but wanted more than he deserved.

It would have been interesting to see what MJ and the Bull could have done in 99.  There was definitely a change coming - the top teams from the 90s (Bulls, Jazz, Rockets) were all filled with older guys while the new guard (Lakers, Spurs) were just about ready to make their runs. 

(edited)

The Lakers went down to the Jazz 132-125. LeBron didn't play last because of a left ankle injury, so he can't be blame for them losing last night & sucking since that Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament. The rest of the team actually did OK. But, Street Clothes didn't do very well for the Lakers last night with only 15 points (5-21 shooting), 15 rebounds, & 11 assists with 6 turnovers. 

As for the Pistons, tomorrow afternoon, they're going to play & hopefully lose to a Not Worth A Damn NBA Franchise called Jordan Poole & the Wizards. This game has skunk smell written all over it & the only way that this rotten stench of a game will be tolerable is to see the Pistons losing again. Them winning this game will be horrible & will be like getting sprayed by a skunk. 

Edited by Magog
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

@Magog, not sure exactly what the parameters were but apparently the Pistons and Wizards just completed a trade for each other's useless players 🤔 

I don't know either. The Not Worth A Damn Wizards will get Marvin Bagley III & Isiah Livers with 2 2nd round future draft picks (for 2025 & 2026) & the Pistons will get Danilo Gallinari & Mike Muscala. Basically they trading scrubs for scrubs. 

I can't wait to see Danilo Gallinari & Mike Muscala contribute to even more losses for the Pistons, starting tomorrow afternoon.

(edited)
53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Thanks for nothing, Washington 🤬🤬

Absolutely. It shows us once again what a Not Worth A Damn NBA Franchise the Washington Wizards are. As if I need even more reasons to despise Jordan Poole & the rest of those losers. Freaking jerks!! His sorry ass & that useless team can't even do the bare minimum today & beat the sucky Pistons today & help gave them a pretty easy victory #4. 

They just have to bring me down today after that high of seeing "Them Boyz" going down in a heap yesterday. 

Here's the history of this sucky, inept, Not Worth A Damn Franchise. 

How The Wizards Got Erased From NBA History

Edited by Magog
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 5:40 PM, LexieLily said:

Eh, it was only a six point win, but good job Milwaukee! Detroit's (new) losing streak is at 2.

Good job indeed. Now, lets see the Bucks do it to them again tonight. 

As for the Pistons, here is their schedule for this week. They will play & hopefully lose to the Bucks tonight. Wednesday, they will play the horrific sucky dumpster fire Charlotte Hornets at home. Yay 😒. Then on Saturday afternoon, they'll play the wretched, vile, repulsive Jordan Poole Washington Wizards again at home 😒. Maybe, the Not Worth A Damn Wizards won't piss me off even more than they already have by losing to the Pistons again. But, that'll probably be me asking too much for that idiot Jordan Poole & those vile Wizards to do the bare minimum.

Edited by Magog
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

With their luck, they probably will. 

Last year they had the worst record and got bumped down to fifth in the lottery. It would be the icing on the cake to be even worse this season and get bumped to fifth again. Is this year's draft even a good one? Any Wemby-like prospects?

Milwaukee wins. Yay!

• Like 1