Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

I mean, we have a whole documentary as evidence about Jordan being about petty grudge holding and score settling even decades after the fact. GOAT player, but a psychotic person. 

I liked the cup. It’ll be fun to talk about going forward, even though the team I’m definitely not rooting for won it. Imagine if LeBron flames out in the playoffs and never wins the championship again. We’ll get to start talking about the Inseason Championship Curse. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

By the time the real playoffs start will anyone other than the team that won it care at all who won the In-Season Tournament? I really don't think Adam Silver, etc. thought this through. 

I've been eye-rolling this tournament since it started & other than LeBron being LeBron as usual in leading the Lakers to the victory, I wasn't even remotely excited about last night's game. The game was over by halftime & I was going through the motions during the entire 2nd half. It also doesn't help that Doc Rivers isn't even remotely fun to listen to on TV. Mark Jackson kind of sucks. But , at least him & Jeff Van Gundy can make me laugh a few times & have fun doing it. Doc Rivers has none of those qualities & he is making a great announcer Mike Breen look bad. Mike Breen doesn't deserve this.

BTW, Street Clothes was helpful for a change with his 41 points, 20 rebounds, 5 assists, & 4 blocks. 

As for the Lakers winning it, good for them(?). Hopefully, that trophy ends up in a landfill where it belongs.

Another bad thing about this Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament with LeBron winning it is that it brings another element to this very stupid & downright tiresome GOAT between Jordan & LeBron (& sometimes Brady). They're both great NBA Players & it pisses me off we can't celebrate both MJ & LeBron being all time greats without this constant GOAT debate bullshit.

• Useful 1
On 12/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, LexieLily said:

San Antonio is very lucky their streak of futility is being eclipsed by Detroit's even bigger streak of futility. Lol. What's the longest losing streak of all-time? I know it's over twenty. 

I looked it up yesterday & the NBA record for the longest losing streak is 28 set by the 2014-15 - 2015-16 Philadelphia 76ers (spanning 2 seasons).

The Cowboys won in a blowout fashion last night & I'm not very happy about that. I'm in a bad mood because of it so hopefully the Pistons can make my bad mood go away somewhat by losing tonight to the Pacers to make it 20 losses in a row. 

BTW, the Spurs played the Rockets tonight & hopefully their losing streak reaches 17 by the end of the game. 

I'm really embracing these losing streaks so I really need them both to keep it going tonight.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

Good grief. The Lakers are going to hang a championship banner for their In-Season Tournament Cup Championship. They also seem oddly confident they're going to win more of these "championships." 

13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I think the Zero Wins In-Season Tournament between Detroit and Spurs is much more exciting.

10 hours ago, Magog said:

I'm really embracing these losing streaks so I really need them both to keep it going tonight.

Better add Washington to the trifecta of ineptitude. They've lost fourteen of their last fifteen and the only win was when they played Detroit. They also just got whooped by Philly tonight by 45. Lol. 

Detroit lost tonight bringing their streak to 20 and so did San Antonio, bringing their streak to 17.

As a Rockets fan I was getting a little bit nervous there for awhile. The Rockets didn't play a great game by any stretch of the imagination, and it's going to be embarrassing for whatever team Detroit and San Antonio eventually beat.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Detroit lost tonight bringing their streak to 20 and so did San Antonio, bringing their streak to 17.

Good. That makes me so very happy. That really put a smile on my face. Lets keep it going.

13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Better add Washington to the trifecta of ineptitude. They've lost fourteen of their last fifteen and the only win was when they played Detroit. They also just got whooped by Philly tonight by 45. Lol. 

I'm sure that Jordan Poole played very well tonight. I also know that he's definitely enjoying sucking for the Wizards this season. No wonder such a classy person like Draymond couldn't stand his ass.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2

Draymond seems to think he's playing in the 80s.  Can't get away with "accidentally" hitting the other team these days.  You can't be the team's sparkplug if you've been suspended.  And for those who say he's too valuable to the team, the team is below 500.  That's not all his fault, but there's nothing worse than being a middling team headed for the play-in. 

Edited by baldryanr
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1

Last night was just another example of Draymond being Draymond. I don't know how many games he's going to be suspended for. But, what I know is that there probably is a good chance that he won't be playing when the sorry sucky Wizards come around on 12-22 & that part makes me sad. I was kind of hoping that he would give Jordan Poole & those sucky Wizards a nice humiliation welcome & beatdown.

Speaking of Jordan Poole & the Wizards, I expected another nice performance from that loser & the Wizards when they get asses kicked by the Pelicans tonight. Zion Williamson better not bring even more shame to himself & the Pelicans by losing to the Wizards tonight. BTW, the Pistons (20 losses in a row) & Spurs (17 losses in a row) also play tonight and It'll really put a smile on my face if they both lose tonight. 

The Warriors probably blew any real chance they had of getting Green to change his ways when they refused to meaningfully punish him for punching a coworker last season, and were far more concerned about finding out who leaked the tape than actually addressing the incident itself.

As long as the Warriors keep enabling him, he's just going to view this as him vs. the league. He's going to get another suspension from the league, but the team should give him an even longer one to make a point. He's turned into a net liability unlike his younger years. They won't, though.

I'd be laughing if I were Poole. Sure, he's not on a good team, for now. But the Warriors aren't going anywhere this season either, and it's increasingly clear how badly the team screwed up in not disciplining Green last year and then re-signing him. He's not bringing them any more championships. He is near the end, while Poole is still only 24 and has a lot of road ahead of him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
42 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'd be laughing if I were Poole. Sure, he's not on a good team, for now. But the Warriors aren't going anywhere this season either, and it's increasingly clear how badly the team screwed up in not disciplining Green last year and then re-signing him. He's not bringing them any more championships. He is near the end, while Poole is still only 24 and has a lot of road ahead of him.

Jordan Poole has a lot of road ahead of him. Enjoying playing sucky basketball for the sucky Wizards for 4 yrs. Never ever getting another sniff of winning another championship, & never being as good or somewhat respectable like he was on those Warriors. He's basically James Wiseman with a championship now playing for an inept franchise.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Draymond always says he’s sorry but I wonder if he has ever thought about, you know, not punching people?

It's just Draymond being Draymond.  And as usual, anytime you can use that phrase to describe someone, they're probably prone to acting like a jackass. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Draymond always says he’s sorry but I wonder if he has ever thought about, you know, not punching people?

Sure! He’s also stomped and choked people. He’s very well rounded in that way. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

@Magog

Washington: lost by 20 to New Orleans tonight; lost fifteen of last sixteen.
Detroit: lost by 18 to Philly; losing streak is at 21.
San Antonio: lost by 3 to the Lakers, losing streak is at 18.

I looked up the schedules - Detroit and San Antonio each have 12 games after tonight before they play each other. You'd think (hope) at least one of them would beat a team before then, but personally I'm rooting for the losing streaks to still be going. Hee.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I looked up the schedules - Detroit and San Antonio each have 12 games after tonight before they play each other. You'd think (hope) at least one of them would beat a team before then, but personally I'm rooting for the losing streaks to still be going. Hee.

It will be as exciting as the Vikings vs Raiders game last Sunday.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It will be as exciting as the Vikings vs Raiders game last Sunday.

It will be way more fun & entertaining to watch than the Vikings - Raiders suckfest last Sunday.

It was great seeing those losing streaks (Pistons 21 & Spurs 18) still going last night. On Friday Night, they both play the same teams they lost to yesterday & hopefully the same result will happen to them again. 

Washington: lost by 20 to New Orleans tonight; lost fifteen of last sixteen.

Jordan Poole got himself his usual ho-hum, not worth a damn 11 points from that game. 

Edited by Magog

Detroit: The streak marches on to 23! [Lost to Milwaukee 146-114]. 

Yes, I am going to update after every game. They're so close to the record, they might as well have something to show for their ineptitude and end up in the history books. 🫢

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Poor San Antonio and Washington expended all of their energies on winning last night. Both of them promptly went back to their losing ways tonight: San Antonio got whooped 146-110 by the Pelicans, and Washington squandered a fifteen point, second-half lead on their way to a 112-108 loss to Phoenix.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The Pistons next loss (loss #24 in a row) will come tonight against the Atlanta Hawks. I was celebrating by the end of the 1st Quarter on Saturday Night when loss #23 in a row was secured. So hopefully, something similar will happen tonight.

Trey Young better not disappoint me & let the Pistons win this game. I will be absolutely livid at him & the Hawks if that happens.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And the streak goes on to 24! Detroit kept it close for a good while but ultimately ended up losing to Atlanta by six. 

The Pistons kept it way too close for my liking. I was hoping for yet another humiliating blowout, but that didn't happen. Thankfully, the Hawks got the job done at the end. 

Cade Cunningham did very well last night with 43 points in the loss. 

The Pistons played the Utah Jazz on Thursday Night to hopefully get loss #25. I hope that the Jazz don't mess around & put the Pistons away early because the Pistons could of somehow found a way to win last night & its scaring me that the Jazz might mess around & let the Pistons find a way to win that game, which will make me absolutely furious.

Did anybody know or realize that Draymond currently has been ejected more times in the NBA Season (3 times) than the Pistons has in wins (2 wins) this season?!

I've also been watching this Pistons fan on Youtube suffering through this 24 game losing streak for the past couple of weeks & its really making me laugh. That's another reason why I want them to to keep losing & them getting that record (28). 

Commissioner Dynamo - Pistons losing 24 games in a row.

Edited by Magog
5 hours ago, Magog said:

Did anybody know or realize that Draymond currently has been ejected more times in the NBA Season (3 times) than the Pistons has in wins (2 wins) this season?!

Hee, I did see someone make a tweet graphic to that effect, yes :) I'm not sure who I'm supposed to feel sorrier for in that equation, Detroit or Draymond. Lol. 

In other NBA-related news, Ja Morant is scheduled to return tonight from his twenty-five game suspension, Draymond's "indefinite suspension" could last a minimum of three weeks, and Miles Bridges of the Hornets was denied entry into Canada.

Utah was on the second night of a back-to-back last night. Their third game in four nights. Eight players out due to various injuries including four of their top seven scorers. 

Detroit still lost. And the streak marches on at 25. 

Tonight's (Saturday's) game against Brooklyn can tie the single-season record of 26. Game #29 (beating the overall record for ineptitude at 28 games) is next Saturday at Toronto. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Utah was on the second night of a back-to-back last night. Their third game in four nights. Eight players out due to various injuries including four of their top seven scorers. 

Detroit still lost. And the streak marches on at 25. 

And the Pistons were down by 5 with 5 minutes left in that game & it was there for the taking. Thankfully, they failed. 

Tonight's (Saturday's) game against Brooklyn can tie the single-season record of 26. Game #29 (beating the overall record for ineptitude at 28 games) is next Saturday at Toronto. 

I would rather focus on tonight's game against the Brooklyn Nets. Those fools are on a 5 game losing streak right now & I really need these idiots to not mess up this once in a lifetime moment tonight. 

I could not care less for Detroit to be honest.  However, I think I'll definitely be livid if it exceeds 33 games.

Speaking of things I can take or leave, that thing Los Angeles raised not to long ago that some people called a banner.  I'll admit I laughed, but probably more at the people that were pissed about it over the fact that it took place.  What's great is that they're playing like a team would play after winning the title.

I'll also admit how I have to tip my cap off to the other Los Angeles team for their current run.  It's great, and it's fair enough to do so.  However, I might not care after the holidays until and if it takes place 5 months from current time

1 hour ago, Magog said:

I would rather focus on tonight's game against the Brooklyn Nets. Those fools are on a 5 game losing streak right now & I really need these idiots to not mess up this once in a lifetime moment tonight. 

Other teams should theoretically play hard because they don't want to be the ones Detroit wins against, right? 

Brooklyn, again, on the 26th. Boston on the 28th, Toronto on the 30th. 

Toronto would be #29 and give them the overall record entirely.

The next time they play another truly crappy team is January 10 (San Antonio), then January 15 (Washington).  So there's hope on the horizon!

• LOL 2

26 losses in a row & I'm enjoying every moment of it. I will be very very sad when this losing streak finally ends (hopefully not anytime soon & definitely not on Tuesday Night). The Nets didn't mess it up last night & they need that same performance on Tuesday Night in Detroit. 

19 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

Brooklyn, again, on the 26th. Boston on the 28th, Toronto on the 30th. 

Toronto would be #29 and give them the overall record entirely.

The next time they play another truly crappy team is January 10 (San Antonio), then January 15 (Washington).  So there's hope on the horizon!

Hopefully more losses on the horizon. Not only do I want the Pistons to reach & pass that record losing streak (28), but I also want them to break that 9-73 record. 

BTW, Ja Morant came back 5 days ago & already he has more wins (3) than the Pistons (2) have this season.

Edited by Magog
21 minutes ago, Magog said:

BTW, Ja Morant came back 5 days ago & already he has more wins (3) than the Pistons (2) have this season.

That is...incredibly and unbelievably sad.

I read a comment somewhere on one of the Reddit threads that ironically this losing streak is the most relevant and interesting the Pistons have been in years. Lmao 😆 

Edited by LexieLily
  • LOL 1

Today is Christmas Day in the NBA & it has 5 "very exciting" games today. Yay. 😒 I much rather have this on TNT instead of ESPN. NBA Countdown is straight out not fun to watch.

The Bucks will hopefully beat the crap out of the scummy Knicks so that Adam Silver will wake the hell up & not put the Knicks on at Christmas anymore. Why does he think that we really need to see the Knicks on Christmas?!

I also hope that the Denver Nuggets can put a big smile on my face today & beat those Warriors today. We all know who ESPN & those guys on NBA Countdown will be rootling for. There will ample amounts of bootlicking of their favorite golden boy. Draymond will not be there (obviously), so that will be even less fun to watch.

Celtics at Lakers will be the 3rd game today. Yay. 😒 Did you guys know that this will be the 100th time that LeBron will be facing the Celtics? Except for LeBron & Austin Reaves (he's likable), this game is a root for neither type of game & will be a special kind of torture. Doc Rivers will commentating the game today, so that will make things even more torturous. 

76ers at Heat is very meh. Thankfully, James Harden is gone, so this game might be tolerable. 

Mavericks at Suns is also meh. However, I'm kind of enjoying Kevin Durant & the Suns falling flat on a their faces so far this season. 

Edited by Magog
5 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Well, here we go again

What else is new? Frankly, I'm not here for KD whining & crying when things don't go well. He can "Get the Hell On" with that & it makes me want to see the Suns fail with this clown. Where will he go next if the Suns don't turn it around?

As for hopefully more important & pleasant news, tonight will be the night that the Pistons will reach loss#27 in a row tonight at home against Brooklyn & be one step closer to NBA futility. I can't wait to hear to some more "Sell the Team" chants from the home crowd as they watch the Pistons go down in a heap to the Nets. Hopefully, the Nets will not mess it up tonight. 

As for the Christmas Games, the Knicks won & that really sucks because the Knicks are not very rootable or likable & that means there is a good chance that Adam Silver will put those losers on Christmas Day again next season. 😒

At least, the Nuggets put a smile on my face on Christmas by beating those Warriors. I'm very happy that Steph didn't ruin my Christmas this year. Steph having a sad Christmas because of that loss brings me joy. 

As for Celtics - Lakers, the game was somewhat OK. But, it was not a lot of fun to watch & Doc Rivers presence as the commentator didn't make it any better. BTW, the Celtics won. Yay. 😒

76ers & Heat was OK. It was tolerable to watch because James Harden isn't on the 76ers anymore. 

Mavericks & Suns was also OK. Luka scored 50 & the Suns were pretty awful last night. KD got 16 "who cares" points so he needs to look himself in a mirror if he wants to know why the Suns are stinking it up right now.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Magog said:

As for hopefully more important & pleasant news, tonight will be the night that the Pistons will reach loss #27 in a row tonight at home against Brooklyn & be one step closer to NBA futility. I can't wait to hear to some more "Sell the Team" chants from the home crowd as they watch the Pistons go down in a heap to the Nets. Hopefully, the Nets will not mess it up tonight. 

Detroit was actually up 22-8 in the first quarter and kept the score within single digits for the majority of the second half, and that made me nervous (and Cade Cunningham going off for 41), but Detroit blew it as per usual and ended up losing 118-112. They now have sole ownership of the single-season losing streak at twenty-seven games! :D.

National TV should start showing some of these games for the LOLs.

• Like 1