Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

The poor dear.

I know how he feels, though: I walked up the stairs from my parking garage to my apartment, and there were, like, twenty steps.  I nearly did myself a harm!  I'm staying strong, though, and I have faith that Bron-bron will, too.💪🏻

LeBron will be fine, thank you very much. At least the Lakers helped him out by beating the Bucks last night in a very close & entertaining game. Dangelo Russell was a massive help with his 44 points in the game. 

Well, the Wizards are still stuck at 9. 

😒

Well thanks to those losers called the Charlotte Hornets, the Wizards now have 10 wins & the 16 game losing streak is over. How very sad indeed. 😒

The Charlotte Hornets showed us once again why they suck & are an absolute dumpster fire of an NBA Franchise by falling flat on their faces against the Jordan Poole Wizards 112-100. I shouldn't be surprised by that result since I had bad feeling about this game. But, I'm still very infuriated by the result. 

Overall, thanks for absolutely nothing Hornets & especially the Raptors.

Now, other than Wemby being Wemby and the Lakers & those Warriors possibly meeting in the 9-10 Play-In & hopefully, those Warriors will lose that game, there is not very much to look to look forward to in last 5 weeks of the NBA Season.

• LOL 1
On 3/9/2024 at 12:15 PM, Magog said:

Now, other than Wemby being Wemby and the Lakers & those Warriors possibly meeting in the 9-10 Play-In & hopefully, those Warriors will lose that game, there is not very much to look to look forward to in last 5 weeks of the NBA Season.

I don't know if it's something I should forward to, but I'll check in just-in-case Giannis Antetokounmpo fires Doc Rivers & replaces him with Captain Crunch in a necessary move to stay strong during their postseason run.

Yeah, it'll be a pretty meh final stretch.  Fortunately there are other options on TV

ESPN is so shamelessly desperate for the Lakers to move up out of play-in position. Look out for them to get a +500 free throw differential as the season winds down 🙄

• Like 3

Did you even watch the game? The Wolves attempted 46 three pointers which is half of what the Lakers did, hence the free throw disparity. You’re not getting free throws if you’re not getting in the paint. Lakers aren’t even top 5 in the league in attempts, so I don’t understand why this is constantly brought up. 

5 hours ago, twoods said:

Did you even watch the game? The Wolves attempted 46 three pointers which is half of what the Lakers did, hence the free throw disparity. You’re not getting free throws if you’re not getting in the paint. Lakers aren’t even top 5 in the league in attempts, so I don’t understand why this is constantly brought up. 

Rational fans aren't going to let things like "facts" and "logic" get in the way of their belief that the league is rigged in favor of teams like the Lakers and players like LeBron. 

• Like 3
(edited)

They are just a crappy team this year so I don’t get why there should be any energy aimed at paying attention to them, unless it’s laughing at how bad they are. I’m just waiting for Lebron to retire so they can get some young talent.

Edited by twoods
(edited)
12 hours ago, twoods said:

They are just a crappy team this year so I don’t get why there should be any energy aimed at paying attention to them, unless it’s laughing at how bad they are.

First, they can't beat the Nuggets (losing 8 straight to them). Now, they can't seem to beat the Kings (losing 7 out of 8 to them & losing all 4 games to the Kings this season). The Lakers lost to the Kings 120-107 & Street Clothes got outplayed by Sabonis. They're still in 9th place & they play those Warriors at home on Saturday Night. It'll be a great preview of that 9-10 game that were probably going to get next month. BTW, Steph might play in the game, so seeing him being a part of a (hopeful) loss on Saturday Night will make me very happy. I need some happiness right now in this NBA Season since the Pistons & Wizards both reached 10 wins status. 

12 hours ago, twoods said:

I’m just waiting for Lebron to retire so they can get some young talent.

Or, with the help of Magic Johnson find a superstar that will become a free agent & basically lured him to the Lakers.

Edited by Magog
(edited)

Last night in a preview of the 9-10 game in the Western Conference, those Warriors (sadly) beat the Lakers 128-121. Street Clothes got elbowed in the eye in the 1st Quarter & it swelled up pretty good. He left the game in the 1st Quarter & didn't return. 

Steph was being Steph with his 31 points. Yuck..... 🤮

Even more Yuckiness is that Kim Kardashian, Bad Bunny, & that tennis player (Djokovic) was also at the game. Like we really need their presence at the Lakers game. 😒  It would of been even more unbearable than it already is if Connor McGregor was at the game.

The Lakers lost the game & quite possibly got screwed by the shot clock not working during parts of the 4th Quarter. Oh well, last night's games makes that upcoming 9-10 game even more intriguing. I wonder who ESPN is going to root for.

Edited by Magog

Don't look now, but the Rockets have won six in a row and are only 2.5 back of GSW for that 10th spot. Even if we don't make it we can at least make the Lakers and the Warriors work for it. Lol.

• Like 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Don't look now, but the Rockets have won six in a row and are only 2.5 back of GSW for that 10th spot. Even if we don't make it we can at least make the Lakers and the Warriors work for it. Lol.

I was so looking forward to that 9-10 game between the Lakers & those Warriors that I didn't even realize till now that the Rockets are not that far behind.  Of course, I wouldn't know that from watching ESPN's NBA coverage. 

The only bad thing about the Rockets trying to catch up to the 10th spot is that stupid ass Dillon Brooks is still around. I was hoping that he would shut the hell up for a change & go away while he's sucking for the Rockets this season. Sadly, that is not the case. 

The complete opposite of suck like Dillon Brooks is Anthony Edwards of the Timberwolves. Here he is a few days ago with the slam dunk of the year. 

Anthony Edwards UNREAL POSTER on John Collins 😱 DUNK OF THE YEAR?

The only bad thing about that marvelous dunk is that it was Josh Collins on the receiving end of it & not Jordan Poole or Dillon Brooks.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Magog said:

The complete opposite of suck like Dillon Brooks is Anthony Edwards of the Timberwolves. Here he is a few days ago with the slam dunk of the year. 

Nope! Slam dunk of the year was TJD vs. Wemby...admit it!!

• LOL 1

Looking for help identifying guys in the ads running during March Madness, who I am assuming are NBA guys?

The bald fellow in the suits ad with Melo and Perk (this ad always makes me laugh)

The two guys singing “What a Pro Wants” (thanks for the earworm)

The guy with the cell phones attached all over his coat (I think the girl called him Jalen?)

(edited)
9 hours ago, mojoween said:

The bald fellow in the suits ad with Melo and Perk (this ad always makes me laugh)

Perk mentioned the 2003 draft so I'm assuming someone from that draft, but I can't place him, either. 

EDIT: Google tells me that is T.J. Ford. Eighth pick, Milwaukee.

The two guys singing “What a Pro Wants” (thanks for the earworm)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Chet Holmgren from OKC.

The guy with the cell phones attached all over his coat (I think the girl called him Jalen?)

Jalen Brunsen, NYK.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

The Hawks were down by 30 points to the Boston Celtics tonight (68-38 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half) & the Hawks made a miracle comeback to win the game 120-118. I hope that improbable miracle comeback win from the Hawks is a sign of things to come in the Playoffs for the Celtics. 

In even better news tonight, the Suns lost to the Spurs tonight 104-102 with Wemby not even playing in that game.

As for the Lakers, they're still in 9th place with 11 games left in the season. They're playing another must-win game tomorrow night against the Bucks. That upcoming 9-10 game is going to be so much fun to watch. They're 3 games behind to the Suns to get to 6th place.

(edited)

Damn, what is up with the constant big leads of 15, 20, 25, even 30 points not being safe this season?

Last night, we have another big lead (19 with 8 1/2 minutes left in the game) thrown away. This time by Doc Rivers (not very shocking coming from him) & the Bucks. 

The Lakers got a very impressive win last night coming back from 19 in the 4th Quarter & to win the game in 2OT, 128-124. LeBron James did not play in this game because of that ankle (nothing to see here, nothing to worry about) & the Lakers making that miracle comeback without him was downright astonishing. Street Clothes helped out with his 34 points & 23 rebounds. Austin Rivers was excellent in that game & he made that game-clinching 3 pointer in 2OT. After that, the Greek Freak missed both free-throws & that was pretty much a wrap right there. 

Overall, the Lakers may still be in 9th place. But, last night proved that they won't go down without a fight. That makes that upcoming 9-10 game even more exciting.

Edited by Magog
  • Angry 1
(edited)

The good news is that the regular season will end in a week from now. The bad news is that right now thanks to their current 4 game win streak, the Lakers are in 8th place. 😒 That 9-10 game that I've been hyping & being very excited about for 2 months is in serious danger. The Kings & those Warriors 9-10 game is not going to bring much excitement & fun to me like the Lakers - Warriors 9-10 game will bring me. Now, there a chance that both the Lakers & those Warriors might get in the Playoffs. ESPN will be very very happy about that & I will be absolutely infuriated about that. 

As if this season couldn't get any worse for me. First the Raptors ruined everything. Then the Jordan Poole Wizards started to suck less lately. And now, there is a good chance that both the Lakers & those Warriors might get in as 7 & 8. That will be downright horrible if that happens. 

Since, the Lakers - those Warriors play each other one more time on Tuesday Night on TNT, I'm now forced to have to suck it up & root for those Warriors that night. 😒 Its making me violently ill just thinking of having to resort to that. 🤢 But, I really need that 9-10 game featuring the Lakers - those Warriors by any means necessary. The NBA owes me after the Raptors screwing me over big time costing us NBA Infamy Immortality.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
(edited)

For once for a change, those Warriors didn't screw me over & bring me lots of agony like they always do to me. Those Warriors won the game last night 134-120 over the Lakers to keep alive & well that 9-10 game between them. I was very happy with that result even though there was plenty of Steph being Steph (😒 23 points with him making all 6 of 6 3 pointers). Klay Thompson (😒) also played well with his 27 points. BTW, those Warriors made 26 3 pointers last night. Yay.

Overall, that 9-10 game between them is still in play thankfully & hopefully on Sunday Night, I'll be licking my chops in glee over this epic 9-10 game. 

Also, LeBron got his usual 33 points & Street Clothes didn't play at all last night because of "flu like symptoms." Awwww.....

Speaking of Play-in, hopefully, the Suns can get dragged into the 7-8 game. I will be just as happy about that if it happens.

Edited by Magog
On 4/7/2024 at 9:25 AM, Magog said:

As if this season couldn't get any worse for me. First the Raptors ruined everything. Then the Jordan Poole Wizards started to suck less lately.

Timberwolves took care of the Wizards last night. Anthony Edwards scored 51 points.

• Like 1

Well, thanks to the Kings going down to the Pelicans last night 132-125 (freaking idiots), the Kings, Lakers, & those Warriors are now tied for 8th place with 2 games left for each. It makes me sick to my stomach that either the Lakers or those Warriors might get the 8th seed & the epic 9-10 game between them that I've been hyping about for 2 months is not going to happen. The Kings have been very bad lately & their defense is absolute crap. Tonight, they play the putrid ass Suns at home & there better be a Kings victory tonight. We all know who ESPN really wants to get that 8th seed so that they can root for the other team they shill & root for to win the Play-in.

In other NBA Play-In news, the Bulls are hosting the Hawks in the 9-10 game in the Eastern Conference. Gee, how exciting. 😒

(edited)

Unfortunately, New Orleans chose to punt their game today (a lot of teams punted and their respective scores were blowouts, so much for disincentivizing match-up manipulation by scheduling every Western Conference game at the same time) against the Lakers so the end results for the standings are as follows. Worst-case scenario is in play: both Lakers and GSW advancing out of the play-in ☹️

1. OKC 
2. Denver
3. Minnesota
4. Clippers
5. Dallas.
6. Phoenix 

7. New Orleans 
8. Lakers 
9. Sacramento 
10. GSW.

The Eastern Conference is...

1. Boston 
2. NYK 
3. Milwaukee 
4. Cleveland 
5. Orlando 
6. Indiana 

7. Philly
8. Miami
9. Chicago
10. Atlanta 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Worst-case scenario is in play: both Lakers and GSW advancing out of the play-in ☹️

Why is that the worst case scenario?  If you hate the Lakers and Warriors then why hope for a quick end when you can watch them get bludgeoned by OKC and Denver over the next week?

(edited)
3 hours ago, baldryanr said:
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Worst-case scenario is in play: both Lakers and GSW advancing out of the play-in ☹️

Why is that the worst case scenario?  If you hate the Lakers and Warriors then why hope for a quick end when you can watch them get bludgeoned by OKC and Denver over the next week?

Because we want them gone ASAP. The sooner, the better. We don't want the  Lakers & those Warriors playing next week & sadly, it might happen. I'm sure that ESPN is very happy about this. 😒 They're breathing a sigh of relief having both LeBron & their "favorite" Golden Boy Steph Curry possibly in the Playoffs. 

Thanks to the Kings being absolute crap for the last month & the Pelicans laying down & playing dead yesterday, we didn't get that 9-10 game that I was really hyping & excited about for 2 months. Damn it!! 🤬

Frankly, I can't even get remotely excited about the Pelicans - Lakers 7-8 game & the Kings - those Warriors 9-10 game. I don't even know what will be the best outcome in the 7-8 game. Lakers winning, getting the 7th seed & having to play the Nuggets, which they can't seem to beat & despite LeBron's best effort as always, I'm not sure if it going to be any different. Or they lose the 7-8 game & somehow finding a way to win the next game to get the 8th seed & basically everyone giving the Thunder next to no chance in that series.

BTW, the Knicks got the 2nd seed in the East. Gee, how exciting indeed. 😒

Edited by Magog

The Eastern side of the conference doesn't inspire confidence at all other than Boston, and of course don't count out Butler and Miami. Is Embiid back yet or coming back?

I'll stay away from betting NBA.  Since it appears that not many would back Philadelphia, in favor of Denver, new era teams, the Heat, and of course Miami.  It might be tough to avoid laughing if Embiid and company win out

(edited)

The Kings had to mess it up for us wanting to have the 9-10 game between the Lakers - those Warriors with their crappy performance in the last month of the season. They can redeemed themselves tonight by doing what they didn't do in the Playoffs at home last season. Defeating those Warriors, putting an end to their season, & (even better) bringing absolute sadness to Steph & (especially) the Steph Curry Fan Club all over ESPN & FS1.  

Edited by Magog
  • Angry 2
  • Applause 1

Probably a smart & correct call to win your game & not lose to avoid Denver.  Maybe LA gets knocked out in Round one, but avoiding the champs isn't great either.  I don't know if anyone else that would've played them first beats them

Good news: Steph had six turnovers of the Warriors' sixteen, Klay went 0/6 from three and 0/10 from the field, Sabonis outplayed Draymond, and Sacramento won by 24. GSW is eliminated from the playoffs.

Bad news: Lakers win by four in the last minute of the game after Zion left with a quad (?) injury. But at least they are 99% likely to get swept by the Nuggets in humiliating fashion just like last year.

• Thanks 1

Yay Lakers, congrats on winning and punching a ticket to another sweep by the Nuggets! It’s going to be brutal to watch, but everyone else can enjoy it.

Bye bye, Warriors! 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I think the Lakers actually have a chance this time around.  They're not taking both of the first two games in Denver, but I think they'll be able to split there.  The Nuggets will quickly erase that deficit / LA home field before a return back home, but amid last year's 4-game sweep, the games were actually close.

Well, at least the people that might not like Denver can enjoy a worse beating in the NBA Finals by the East Champions which will be an official denial of a repeat before the series actually ends.

Speaking of endings, that's what it's all about for the GSW!  New era NBA indeed!

• Like 1
(edited)

Good news: Steph had six turnovers of the Warriors' sixteen, Klay went 0/6 from three and 0/10 from the field, Sabonis outplayed Draymond, and Sacramento won by 24. GSW is eliminated from the playoffs.

That was definitely good news last night. Seeing those Warriors, Dub Nation, & (especially) Steph & Klay going down in a heap in the 2nd half really put a smile on face. 🤣 Its like seeing a double rainbow. It makes me very very happy. 😁

I'm very surprised that ESPN & some people on FS1 wasn't wearing black clothing or black armbands today over their Warriors & their "Golden Boy" Steph going down & having their season ended very early. The Steph Curry Fan Club on ESPN & FS1 was very very sad today. All of that talk during the past 6 weeks about those Warriors being a threat in the Playoffs despite them being in 9-10 place throughout that time was for absolutely nothing. Also, it'll hopefully put an end to that constant hero worshipping about Steph being Steph & putting him in that very stupid GOAT conversation. 😒

Overall, I hope that Steph slept very well last night because I sure did. "Night Night, Steph!!" "HA HA HA HA!!!" 🤣 😂 And BTW, they better pay Klay Thompson his money in the offseason. Joe Lacob can flat out get bent.

Bad news: Lakers win by four in the last minute of the game after Zion left with a quad (?) injury. But at least they are 99% likely to get swept by the Nuggets in humiliating fashion just like last year.

I have to give the Lakers some credit. They didn't listen to that idiot Mike Greenberg & tank the game to avoid the Denver Nuggets like he suggested them to do. The Lakers did what they're supposed to do. Win the game by any means necessary. No wonder he sucks & roots for a sad excuse of an NFL Franchise like the Jets. I know that he was also very sad about his hero Steph & those Warriors losing last night.

As for the Lakers, maybe somehow they can at least win 2 games on the Nuggets. I'm sure that LeBron will be ready as always. I'm not sure about the other Lakers, especially Street Clothes.

As for Pelicans - Kings, I really hope that Zion is ready to go on Friday Night. It was downright sad seeing him hurt his hamstring in a close game like that. Zion was doing very well last night with his 40 points before the injury. It was too bad that his other teammates (especially Brandon Ingram) didn't give a damn last night & give him some help in that game.

Edit: Damn, now they're saying that he's out for Friday Nights game & possibly the 1st round if the Pelicans somehow win Friday Night. How very very sad indeed.

As for the East Play-in, I don't know who is going to win Sixers - Heat & I'm only here for Trey Young in that absolue "meh" of a 9-10 game.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Magog said:

As for the East Play-in, I don't know who is going to win Sixers - Heat & I'm only here for Trey Young in that absolue "meh" of a 9-10 game.

So much for the one thing that helps one get to sleep as opposed to doing so mid afternoon when stuff has to get done.

While I don't think Boston will crumble to Miami regardless of who's available for the latter, I sorta have no plans of watching Miami/Chicago.  One has a more positive history against what should be the East winner, the other...really I couldn't even dream of a positive history.

Injuries suck, but it's sports.  You want to see the best perform, but one could argue that everyone in the league is among the best to ever play the game.  Within the current era of course

NBA has their work cut out for them to get Lebron another ring. Free throws were 19 to 6 for the Lakers.  More than 3 to 1 ratio makes the league looked rigged.....hahaha

1 hour ago, morriss said:

NBA has their work cut out for them to get Lebron another ring. Free throws were 19 to 6 for the Lakers.  More than 3 to 1 ratio makes the league looked rigged.....hahaha

Speaking of disparities, the Mavs shot 33 FTs, Clippers had 13.  Think the league is yearning for Luka and Kyrie to advance too?

Finally, we got a competitive game, close to the final minute possession, and it was a 1 vs. 8! If New Orleans can replicate this effort for the rest of the series OKC's got their work cut out for them. The other seven games this weekend, they weren't as close as their final scores would have made you believe.

8/8 clean sweeps for the home team.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Lakers were up fifteen at halftime and led for 98% of the game. Jamal Murray hit the buzzer-beater and called game 😁

But I thought the NBA was trying to rig the series.  How come the FT advantage wasn't 50-2 instead of, let's see, 17-13 in favor of the Nuggest?  Why weren't Jokic and Murray called for fouls when they wandered into the general vicinity of AD and LeBron?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Philly was up by five with under a minute left, and then proceeded to give up 8 points in 27 seconds to lose and go down 0-2. Not sure how they come back from that.

And Joel Embiid giving it his all & it was pissed away in those last 30 seconds. It probably won't go past 5 games. 

The other bad thing about the Knicks winning in that fashion last night is seeing all the joy from those Knicks fans. 😒 Hopefully, there won't be much more joy coming to them in these Playoffs. I can't stomach them winning an NBA Title. It'll be just as bad as those Warriors recent titles. 

12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Lakers were up fifteen at halftime and led for 98% of the game. Jamal Murray hit the buzzer-beater and called game 😁

That was very nice to see. BTW, the Lakers were up by 20 & threw it away, so I'm sure that the Refs caused them to do that. I know that the jackass on ESPN Morning Show (Mike Greenberg) was sad & distraught this morning because of this & the Lakers possibly getting swept. The Lakers have now lost 10 in a row to the Nuggets. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

That was a brutal, beyond devastating loss for the Lakers.  The world is sometimes a wonderful place.

This is why the NBA needs the Lakers in the playoffs.  How many people would care if the Magic, Pacers, Pelicans, etc. blow a giant lead?  But when the Lakers do it a disproportionate number of people walk on air.  Plus when the inevitable friendly whistles in game 3 come it'll give those same people something to get angry about. 

• Like 1