Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Detroit was actually up 22-8 in the first quarter and kept the score within single digits for the majority of the second half, and that made me nervous (and Cade Cunningham going off for 41), but Detroit blew it as per usual and ended up losing 118-112. They now have sole ownership of the single-season losing streak at twenty-seven games! :D.

It sucked that I had to sweat it out till the end. Cade Cunningham was really trying to end that streak tonight, but thankfully they failed. I actually felt bad for him & only him. 

The Celtics is on Thursday & hopefully it will be a different story for the Pistons. As an they get the doors beaten out of them & the loss #28 is secured by the 4th Quarter. Those close games really scare me because they might find a way to win one of these close games to end that streak & that cannot happen. 

Overall, 2 more losses to Immortal NBA Futility.

4 hours ago, Magog said:

The Celtics is on Thursday & hopefully it will be a different story for the Pistons. As an they get the doors beaten out of them & the loss #28 is secured by the 4th Quarter. Those close games really scare me because they might find a way to win one of these close games to end that streak & that cannot happen. 

I've been following the play-by-play on ESPN each night to bring y'all the updates and if the last five minutes of the Brooklyn game is anything to go by I don't think Detroit stumbling their way into a win will be a problem. Lmao. 

Detroit turned the ball over three times in the last fifteen seconds. When they weren't turning it over, they were either bricking shots or fouling.

Edited by LexieLily
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

National TV should start showing some of these games for the LOLs.

They should treat it like a no hitter.  If the game is close in the last five minutes, cut in and show us what's happening.  No other regular season game is going to be as interesting as that.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

Great news everybody. NBA TV is going to air the Pistons - Celtics game tonight at 7:30 pm. I can careless about the Celtics being 14-0 at home this season. The only thing that matters tonight is the Pistons going down tonight & taking another step closer to the apex of NBA futility. 

The Celtics better not take them lightly tonight & fall flat on their faces. They need to do something right for me for a change tonight & make their losing streak reach #28.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Magog said:

Great news everybody. NBA TV is going to air the Pistons - Celtics game tonight at 7:30 pm. I can careless about the Celtics being 14-0 at home this season. The only thing that matters tonight is the Pistons going down tonight & taking another step closer to the apex of NBA futility. 

The Celtics better not take them lightly tonight & fall flat on their faces. They need to do something right for me for a change tonight & make their losing streak reach #28.

Update at halftime: This is embarrassing, Boston. 

• Mind Blown 1

While you guys are avidly watching Detroit's quest for futility, I'm watching Timberwolves vs. Mavericks. Wolves have been ahead the whole game but Dallas is close to catching up. By the way @Magog is Seth Curry any relation to the Curry you hate? I think Seth is the one playing for Mavericks. Do you hate him, too?

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

While you guys are avidly watching Detroit's quest for futility, I'm watching Timberwolves vs. Mavericks. Wolves have been ahead the whole game but Dallas is close to catching up. By the way @Magog is Seth Curry any relation to the Curry you hate? I think Seth is the one playing for Mavericks. Do you hate him, too?

Seth is Steph's baby brother. 

• Like 3

Wow...the Celtics certainly made the Detroit game a must-watch exercise.  Clearly they did everything they could to keep the TV fans glued to their screens.  Even took the game into overtime...and held on to win and the Detroit loss-streak intact. Amazing how far the Pistons have fallen. ☹️

2 hours ago, grommit2 said:

Wow...the Celtics certainly made the Detroit game a must-watch exercise.  Clearly they did everything they could to keep the TV fans glued to their screens.  Even took the game into overtime...and held on to win and the Detroit loss-streak intact. Amazing how far the Pistons have fallen. ☹️

Even though I was very happy that the Pistons lost again to make it 28 in a row. I was not very happy that I had to sweat it out profusely throughout the game because the Celtics didn't take the Pistons seriously & instead, decided to sleepwalk through the first half & get down by 21 points while doing it. 🤬 I was absolutely furious at halftime when the Pistons were up by 19 & it made me sick to my stomach that the Pistons might actually win the game at the end. 😒 I was getting pretty close to vomiting on a few occasions, especially near the end of the game. Thankfully, the Celtics pulled it out at the end in Overtime. Frankly, it was more of a hugh sigh of relief than a celebration for me last night. 

As if I need anymore reasons to hate the Celtics. Those idiots always finding ways to piss me off. First it was that scummy Paul Pierce & the big 3 in 2008-2010. Then its them flat out failing against those Warriors in the Finals. Then failing against those Warriors a couple of weeks by letting Steph being Steph in the 4th Quarter & Overtime. 😒 Now, its those jerks almost ruining a once in a lifetime moment by them playing like crap to the sucky Pistons & getting down by 21 points before the comeback. 

Hopefully, last night will put an end to comparisons of Jayson Tatum & Kobe Bryant (RIP). That comparison should of ended when he failed against those Warriors in the Finals. But sadly, some people on ESPN are still doing that. I know that Kobe would of taken those Pistons seriously & put them out of their misery by the 4th Quarter. Frankly, last night's game made dislike Jayson Tatum even more.

Overall, the streak is still alive at 28, thank god. I have to hope & pray that the Raptors will not lay down & play dead on Saturday Night like the Celtics did last night in the first half. I have better hear some "Sell the Team" chants at the end of the game when/if the Pistons lose on Saturday Night to get loss #29 for the record.

At least, this video of the sad Piston fan (Commissioner Dynamo) made me somewhat feel better. Its also very funny.

Pistons fan reaction to loss #28

Edited by Magog
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Edit at the end of the game: And the streak is over at 28. Dammit. Detroit wins 129-127. How embarrassing, Toronto.

Nooooooo!!!!!!! 😡 🤬

I will forever be grateful & thankful for what the Raptors did in 2019. but, now & forever the Toronto Raptors are absolutely dead to me!! Thanks for absolutely nothing, Toronto Raptors!! 🤬

Once in a lifetime immortality & the Raptors have to ruined it in epic fashion. They have brought absolute eternal shame to Raptors Basketball now & forever. My New Years Weekend has been officially ruined. 😒 I don't even who is the current Raptors coach right now. But, not only should that loss be a very fireable offense, but he should never ever work in the NBA in any capacity ever again.

The Pistons finally winning a game after 28 losses brought me eternal sadness & anger, just like those Warriors winning those 4 titles brought me eternal sadness & anger.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 1
39 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

Look at the Pistons, ending 2023 on a high note!  The losing streak against American teams is still alive and well, though.

They can start a new losing streak on Monday when they play the Rockets, @Magog!

Edited by LexieLily

Happy Birthday, Bronny! He makes a three, ref says it's a two-pointer, 2 seconds left and Wolves are one point ahead. The play is reviewed and the two pointer stands! LeBron argues with the ref, ref says Sorry not sorry. 1.4 seconds left--no more points scored--Timberwolves steal LeBron's birthday cake and win, 108-106!

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:
12 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Look at the Pistons, ending 2023 on a high note!  The losing streak against American teams is still alive and well, though.

They can start a new losing streak on Monday when they play the Rockets, @Magog!

But I like the old streak better. The Pistons are not going to have another 20+ game losing streak this season. God forbid, they beat the Rockets on Monday & start a 2 game winning streak. I'm still already dry heaving in agony over them winning last night & I don't need it to make any more worse than it already is. Now, the only hope I have now is the Pistons not getting to 10 wins this season.

That 28 game losing streak & a chance to reach the apex of NBA futility is like seeing a Triple Rainbow. It rarely happens & if you miss it, you'll probably never see it again. That's what made the Pistons winning last night so devastating to me. 

10 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Happy Birthday, Bronny! He makes a three, ref says it's a two-pointer, 2 seconds left and Wolves are one point ahead. The play is reviewed and the two pointer stands! LeBron argues with the ref, ref says Sorry not sorry. 1.4 seconds left--no more points scored--Timberwolves steal LeBron's birthday cake and win, 108-106!

I could of found this pretty funny, but the Pistons zapped all the joy out of me. Anyhow, Happy 39th Birthday, LeBron. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Magog said:

But I like the old streak better. The Pistons are not going to have another 20+ game losing streak this season. God forbid, they beat the Rockets on Monday & start a 2 game winning streak. I'm still already dry heaving in agony over them winning last night & I don't need it to make any more worse than it already is. Now, the only hope I have now is the Pistons not getting to 10 wins this season.

Don't count them out. They have fifty games left this season. 

• Like 1

There's always the Hornets. They are already halfway to 20.

I tried inserting a link to a story in Sports Illustrated called Tankathon (NBA losers), but I can't do a link on my phone. 

It is weird to see Timberwolves on top of the West standings. Normally they would be in the Tankathon article.

25 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

It is weird to see Timberwolves on top of the West standings. Normally they would be in the Tankathon article.

Did they get someone great this summer I don't know about, or is it just Karl-Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert figuring it out after the trade last year?

• Like 1

I think there is a rookie who is doing well, but I think it's more that KAT and Rudy are playing well together, plus Anthony Edwards playing well as he usually does. It's like they have the right mix of guys this year, including those who step up from the bench like Naz Reid and there's a guy who's pretty good at 3-pointers.

• Like 1
(edited)

Detroit/Houston AKA Twin Night:
It was a four-point game at halftime but the Rockets scored 47 points in the third quarter and Detroit got whooped by twenty-three. [136-113.]

EDIT:  @Salacious Kitty proved to me I can't do math :p.

Edited by LexieLily
On 1/1/2024 at 10:27 PM, Lamb18 said:

Winning must have taken the Pistons out of their comfort zone. But the Hornets losing streak is now at 11.

Well, the Hornets won last night. They beat the Kings 111-104. Yay. 😒

• Sad 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

On a brighter note, the Pistons' sole remaining national TV game got yanked. Lol.

Might as well since that streak has ended. Man, what could of been. Thanks for absolutely nothing Raptors. 🤬

BTW, the Pistons lost tonight in a pretty good game. 154-148 Overtime loss to the Jazz. And, in another ho-hum whatever type of game, the Heat beat the Lakers 110-96. The Lakers are now 3-9 since winning that Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament. Yay.

And for some damn reason this game was on ABC tonight, the Knicks (😒) beat up on the Bulls in a nap-inducing game 116-100. A 2 hour + nap was more fun & productive than watching this game & especially the Knicks winning again.

Edited by Magog
56 minutes ago, Magog said:

Might as well since that streak has ended. Man, what could of been. Thanks for absolutely nothing Raptors. 🤬

BTW, the Pistons lost tonight in a pretty good game. 154-148 Overtime loss to the Jazz. And, in another ho-hum whatever type of game, the Heat beat the Lakers 110-96. The Lakers are now 3-9 since winning that Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament. Yay.

The Lakers are under .500 currently and in 10th place for the play-in. You have to wonder if Adam Silver/the refs will work overtime like they did last year to make sure the Lakers make it in - after everything they did to justify this dumbass tournament it would be "embarrassing" if their championship winner didn't even make the playoffs. 

Hee XD.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Report of disconnect between Lakers’ locker room, coach Darvin Ham

The problem with the Lakers is not injuries so much as what they expose — this was a team built without a margin for error. The touted continuity and depth have failed, and the defense that was supposed to anchor them is inconsistent. [...] The Lakers go as LeBron goes nightly, which was not supposed to be the case.

This Lakers team was built for short bursts of quality play when everyone is healthy — which is how they won the inaugural IST — but can’t sustain that over the grind of the regular season.

Translation: The exact same problem they had last year, the year before last, and every year since they traded for Anthony Davis to pair with LeBron.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Carey said:

What a sad state the league would be in if Los Angeles backdoored into the playoffs and scapegoated their HC in advance

The coach is always scapegoated unless he's achieved honored elder status (seriously, shouldn't Pop get more crap for what's happening in San Antonio right now?).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

There is a guy on the Houston team who has what looks like a panty hose stocking in his hair.

*raises hand* I'm a Rockets fan. Tell me more.

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Pistons have a shot tonight. Sad sack Dubs are coming off a tough loss last night against a GOOD team. 

Detroit lost (as per usual) but it's got to be rock bottom for the Warriors that it took Steph and Klay getting to the free throw line four times in the last two minutes (making 7/8) to beat a 3-31 team by four points?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Detroit lost (as per usual) but it's got to be rock bottom for the Warriors that it took Steph and Klay getting to the free throw line four times in the last two minutes (making 7/8) to beat a 3-31 team by four points?

As I said, Detroit had a shot. Thank heavens they suck so bad. Any other team would have won tonight. 

• Like 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

As I said, Detroit had a shot. Thank heavens they suck so bad. Any other team would have won tonight. 

Man, if it wasn't for the Raptors messing everything up (🤬), I would of sucked it up & rooted for those Warriors last night. Sadly, the Pistons are on another losing streak (I forgot what this current streak is) & it probably won't reach 20. That really makes me very sad. 

Pistons have a shot tonight. Sad sack Dubs are coming off a tough loss last night against a GOOD team. 

Speaking of those Warriors, it was really nice seeing The Joker give Steph & those Warriors a taste of their own medicine on Thursday Night

Nikola Jokic hits most insane game winner buzzer beater vs Warriors 😱😱

😁 😂 🤣 It was beautiful watching that go in & seeing it wipe that smile off Steph's face. Those Warriors were up by 18 halfway through the 4th Quarter & were up by 7 with 2 minutes left in the game & those Warriors flat out choked that game away. it was also wonderful seeing Steph making that costly turnover at the end to set up that game-winner. 

BTW, the Lakers lost again last night. This time to the Memphis Grizzlies 127-113. They're now on a 4 game losing streak & some of their fans (mainly ESPN) are downright panicking right now since the Lakers have been very bad (3-10) since winning that Not Worth A Damn In-Season Tournament. BTW, the Lakers are now in 11th place in the Western Conference.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2