Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I was pleasantly surprised & very happy about last night. I thought that Curry & Thompson would of found a way to humiliate the Cavaliers again, but thankfully Curry basically stunk in the game. Hopefully, the Cavaliers will somehow find a way to get this series to game 7. If they can make that happen, then I really like their chances in Game 7. I'm very certain that ESPN does not want a Game 7.

Kevin Love have better show up in Game 6. LeBron & Kyrie (41 points each) made sure his ineptness (2 points) didn't matter last night. It will certainly matter in Game 6. The same thing also applies to J R Smith. I don't know how many points he scored last night, but he really needs to bring his A game in Game 6.

Also, last night's game proves that Draymond Green should be MVP if the Warriors win on Thursday Night. I wouldn't have a problem with that, even though it will make me sick if they win it again in Cleveland like they did last year. 

Edited by Magog

Another really good game by the Cavs. I am glad that we will be getting a game seven. I think that could end up being a very good game.  LeBron played great again. He came through when the team needed him and showed why he is still one of the best players in the league. Kyrie and Tristian Thompson did a fine job as well. I also thought that Richard Jefferson provided a nice spark to the team. Iman Shumpert and Kevin Love however did not play well.

Iman needs to stay on the bench, IMHO. He has become a defensive liability for the team and can’t knock down a shot. Dahntay Jones in his very limited time has had a better impact on this seriesl He was a big reason why the Warriors were trying to come back during a couple of times during the game. He was hurting some of their momentum. I wouldn’t be upset if he didn’t get much playing time for game 7.

• Love 1
(edited)

That was some terrible officiating even by NBA standards which are pretty bad on a regular night.  At least 2 fouls on Curry were "wtf" level.  Anyway, congrats to the league for orchestrating Game 7 on Father's Day....between the extra rest/travel days during the series and suspending Draymond on a bullshit play that was instigated by Lebron, kudos.  Ratings will be huge. 

I have no idea at this point who will win on Sunday. Im just curious has there ever been a team to win a series down 3-1 who then went on to lose a series up 3-1?  I dont think that is the type of history GS wants to make.  They ought to bench Harrison Barnes. He's been bad pretty much all playoffs with the exception of a few spurts here and there. The gifs about him on twitter regarding how much money he's losing by his poor play are hilarious. Dont know what's up with Iggy's back but thats obviously not a good sign and I dont recall even seeing Draymond in the game tonight. He was a no show on both ends of the floor.  Not looking good for GS. But I really dislike Lebron and Cleveland fans...they're so unlikeable to me.  So here's hoping GS can find a way to win 1 more game at home.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 4
(edited)

At least 2 fouls on Curry were "wtf" level.  

I'm sure Kevin Love would be happy to chat with him about getting called for non-existent fouls.

One small thing I love about these finals games in Cleveland: the national anthem is not a performance.  The fans sing it, and it brings me to tears every time.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 5
(edited)

I have no idea at this point who will win on Sunday. Im just curious has there ever been a team to win a series down 3-1 who then went on to lose a series up 3-1? 

I don't think that has ever happened in NBA History. Hopefully, it will happen on Sunday Night. I know that Cleveland fans expect the worst & the worst always happens (52 years worth). But, I am very confident & pump up for Game 7. It will be an absolute dog fight & they're going to a lion's den (Oracle Arena), but I think that the Cavaliers will find a way to win the game. Hopefully, Kevin Love will do something good for a change in Game 7. At least, J R Smith showed up tonight & contribute.

Game 6 was a lot of fun to watch, even though the Warriors put a scare on me on a few occasions. It was also very nice seeing Craig Sager working in the NBA Finals. I didn't know that this was his first Finals appearance, but it great to see that. 

I'm very certain that ESPN will be rooting hard for the Golden State Warriors to win Game 7. They really want Cleveland to lose by any means necessary & mock them some more for their sports agony.

Overall, all I can say is, Bring It On!!!  

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
(edited)

I got to give credit where is due, the Cavs have showed up these last two games. I had originally thought that GSW would win this in like 5. The Cavs might actually have a shot now. It could go either way game 7.

Barnes needs to sit, K-Love needs to sit and Iman needs to sit next game. They all look like underperforming bench players and Shump actually looks BAD. He has not contributed anything to this series. Don't know why he's not getting criticized more by the media for how badly he's been playing in this series. 

Ayesha Curry is saying the game is rigged on Twitter lol. Steve Kerr is also salty talking about the officiating.  I mean yeah, some of the fouls called were kind of soft, and favorable towards the Cavs. But LeBron showed up and did enough to help the win. I believe they would have won, even without some of the calls. They got a lead and they kept it.

Looking forward to game 7. I hope Steph is NOT suspended for throwing the mouthpiece. Let the best players play. 

Edited by lam48
(edited)

Yeah it was the refs fault for Curry and Klay not knocking down shots they usually make. I'm sure they will heat up in game 7 but I'm just glad that the Cleveland fans didn't get to see the Warriors celebrating again. Pulling for the Cavs in game 7 but the Warriors deserve it as well after a great season. I just hope it's a good game. 

And by the way, no one wants your nasty ass mouth guard thrown anywhere near someone. I'm surprised he's not sick constantly with how often he plays with it- so gross.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

This is hurting my heart :(

Whatever is going on out there, orchestrated by whatever malevolent force or not, its making me not want to follow the NBA anymore. Its too painful.

I'm used to to a to and fro with the Giants due to injuries and all so I guess I'll have to go back to the more familiar hurt without the feeling of overt manipulation.

4 minutes ago, isalicat said:

This is hurting my heart :(

Whatever is going on out there, orchestrated by whatever malevolent force or not, its making me not want to follow the NBA anymore. Its too painful.

I'm used to to a to and fro with the Giants due to injuries and all so I guess I'll have to go back to the more familiar hurt without the feeling of overt manipulation.

At least your team has won a few championships to dull the hurt. I'm a Bills fan which means I will never see them win anything while I'm alive. Thank goodness I'm a Lakers fan or else I would feel like a...well Cleveland fan I guess.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, twoods said:

Yeah it was the refs fault for Curry and Klay not knocking down shots they usually make. I'm sure they will heat up in game 7 but I'm just glad that the Cleveland fans didn't get to see the Warriors celebrating again. Pulling for the Cavs in game 7 but the Warriors deserve it as well after a great season. I just hope it's a good game. 

And by the way, no one wants your nasty ass mouth guard thrown anywhere near someone. I'm surprised he's not sick constantly with how often he plays with it- so gross.

I thought that the Cavs did a good job withstanding the moments in tonight's game when the Warriors started to get hot and drop their flurry of threes. A lot of teams can't withstand that and can lose a lead when that happens, but the Cavs kept striking back and pulled out the win. Draymond didn't play that well, Bogut is out and Andre Igoudala is hurt but I could see the Warriors coming back and playing well next game. They haven't looked as sharp as they normally do, but I could see them coming back and having a really good game 7. 

I also agree with you, that at least if the Cavs lose game 7, their fans don't have to witness them losing on their floor again. I would be happy if the Cavs won game 7, but it would also be nice for Warriors fans, if they get to see their team celebrate on their home floor. If that happened the Warriors would have finished off a very great season and they will deserve the championship again. 

Edited by Jx223

Looking forward to game 7. I hope Steph is NOT suspended for throwing the mouthpiece. Let the best players play. 

I'd be surprised if Curry did get suspended. I'm pretty sure the league would do anything to not have to suspend him. For one, if Steph isn't there, then that actually screws LeBron over no matter what (in terms of public opinion).

But when a fan gets hit by said mouthpiece, what are you going to do.  That is a tough call only because it's the most important game and point in an NBA season. Otherwise, it's nothing.  Adam Silver is going to get this one wrong as much as he gets it right.

• Love 1

The mouthpiece thing was a total accident. Steph went over to apologize and the fan seemed cool about it.  This is an absolute non issue IMO. No way does the league suspend the 2 time reigning MVP for Game 7 of the Finals for throwing his mouthpiece, whether he hit a fan or not. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The thing is there's a rule about that (hitting a fan or a ref). There was a guy for Miami that got suspended for doing the same thing (Udonis Haslem I believe) a while back.  He hit a ref and it was confirmed that hitting a ref or a fan was grounds for suspension.  Throwing it randomly into the stands (not a person) or on the floor is just a fine.

That being said, I'm with you on Steph's status, FuriousStyles (never was on the side of him being unavailable).  There's a 100% chance that there's a 0% chance he gets suspended.  After all the supposed calls on the league extending the series for money and ratings, it would not make any sense.  It was totally unintentional, so it looks like they'll be able to spare Steph.  Just surprising that he was on tilt there (even though he hadn't been booted from a game in quite a while)

Edited by Carey
(edited)
50 minutes ago, isalicat said:

There are some things like favorable calls going to the Cavs, but I don't that games are outright being rigged like some people on Twitter are claiming. No doubt the league wanted to stretch this series as long as they could, but the Cavs have been playing better the last couple of games. So the series is tied and it's on to game 7.

22 minutes ago, Carey said:

I'd be surprised if Curry did get suspended. I'm pretty sure the league would do anything to not have to suspend him. For one, if Steph isn't there, then that actually screws LeBron over no matter what (in terms of public opinion).

I don't believe anything will/should happen to Curry. This is his first time getting ejected in his whole career, I believe. I think the league let this go, and I think most people including fans and media, will be fine with this decision. Worst scenario, he might get some type of fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't even happen. 

I think most people want to see the best players playing in game seven and don't want to see Curry suspended. If LeBron threw a mouthpiece he wouldn't be suspended, I think that Curry will catch a break on this as well. 

There were several people who thought Draymond getting suspended was bogus, there will a lot more than that, if Curry is. 

Edited by lam48
(edited)

He won't get suspended. Fine, yes, but that's it. The NBA won't taint possibly their highest rated game in history. They want the two superstars to go at it. Just wish Curry's wife would shut up. When are her 10 minutes up? 

Instead of crying how the game is rigged, why not point to the Warriors poor shooting percentage? They even missed 9 free throws tonight. Their shots aren't going in, and their two superstars have cooled down. 

Edited by twoods
Grammar
  • Love 2

If the league was in the business of fixing things to obtain desired outcomes, there is no way the Sixers, whose tanking strategy was loathed by league executives and owners, would have won the draft lottery over the Lakers and the Celtics.

Sometimes refs have a bad night.

• Love 1

I'm a neutral observer - I love basketball and enjoy watching the playoffs but hold no loyalties to either the Cavs or the Warriors (TIMBERWOLVES FOREVER*) - and my opinion of the Warriors has been tanking over the course of the series. They're getting pushed around, and beaten, and how they're responding to it is kind of gross (Green and Curry, most specifically). Sack up and win, and let your play speak for itself.

*I squeeeee-d when they showed a quick shot of Karl-Anthony Towns in the box with Bill Russell & co.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, hendersonrocks said:

I'm a neutral observer - I love basketball and enjoy watching the playoffs but hold no loyalties to either the Cavs or the Warriors (TIMBERWOLVES FOREVER*) - and my opinion of the Warriors has been tanking over the course of the series. They're getting pushed around, and beaten, and how they're responding to it is kind of gross (Green and Curry, most specifically). Sack up and win, and let your play speak for itself.

*I squeeeee-d when they showed a quick shot of Karl-Anthony Towns in the box with Bill Russell & co.

I'm semi neutral (Let's Go Raptors! WE THE NORTH!)

I only want the Cavs to win, but only because everyone figured it was a given the Warriors would Warrior themselves to another championship and the best season in the history of the league. I like it when the script gets flipped.

The Cavs have clearly found something that works, and the Dubs are struggling. Some of the calls were bad no doubt, Curry probably shouldn't have fouled out, but the Dubs missed 9 free throws and were just tossing up bricks from 3 point land. Before they lived by the three and now they are dying by it. Not the officials fault that Curry and Klay lost their magic, it's just the Dubs 3 point shooting coming back to earth a bit.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 2

Well according to Steve Kerr its not just about the foul calls on Steph, some of which seems to be universally recognized as bogus, but the fouls that arent being called on the Cavs.  I dont pay enough attention to screen cutting and all that to say whether Kerr was right or just full of hot air, but he seemed adament enough about it to pretty much walk into the post game presser with a blank check made out to the NBA.  Even Tim Legler said if the Cavs are allowed to grab and hold and do all this illegal stuff then it obviously gives them an advantage because it takes the Warriors out of their rhythm and spacing and whatever else they do which are a big part of what makes their offense so potent. 

Steve Kerr-same guy who said Green shouldn't have gotten a flagrant foul when he kicked his opponent in the groin because "legs flail."  Yeah, I am sure he is very trustworthy.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm more of a college basketball fan, usually only watching the NBA during the playoffs.  I know the play is totally different, but just watching Curry and Love especially play defense is painful.  Curry has his hands all over people all the time, is this ok in the NBA? He would be fouled out by halftime if he played like that especially this past year at the college level.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 2

I had to come back and swallow my pride and admit that Steph Curry gained my respect as a good person, because he immediately went over to the fan and apologized - he didn't wait for someone or the media storm to make him.

But his wife needs to have her Twitter banned.

On to Sunday, where realistically I think the Warriors win.  I think it will be the only single digit scoring difference, but the Warrior fans absolutely have to be taken into account.  

I WANT - with all my heart - the Cavs to win, but their best chance of it was Game 1, and they blew it.  

Besides which, for some reason God hates Cleveland sports.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Steve Kerr-same guy who said Green shouldn't have gotten a flagrant foul when he kicked his opponent in the groin because "legs flail."  Yeah, I am sure he is very trustworthy.

Not sure what one has to do with the other. Any coach worth anything in the NBA (a players league) is gonna stand up for his guys.  What exactly was Kerr supposed to say?..."yes Draymond intentionally kicked Adams in the man zone. Please suspend him for the next playoff game."

Your previous post suggested that Kerr perhaps should be believed because he was willing to be fined in order to expose the refs' supposed biased calls against his team (as I said earlier, chat with Kevin Love about that).  My point is that Kerr is willing to pretend the video we all saw of Green kicking a player was an unintentional leg flailing that has never happened before or since Green so accurately flailed his leg in that particular area of his opponent's body.  Logic analysis says to look at who tells me information and decide whether he is credible before I analyze the information he provides.  I'm done at step one - I don't care how many zeros he adds to his check; Kerr is not credible.

And the Warriors might want to rethink their LeWhine memes, considering how they are handling adversity.

• Love 2

So is Legler biased or outright lying in favor of the Warriors too? Because I also clearly noted what he said in the post game analysis where he pretty much agreed with Kerr. From what I can tell Legler has no allegiance to either side but whatever.  Every single coach in the NBA would have done exactly what Kerr did in regards to defending one of his star players, at least publicly.

• Love 1

On to Sunday, where realistically I think the Warriors win.  I think it will be the only single digit scoring difference, but the Warrior fans absolutely have to be taken into account.  

I WANT - with all my heart - the Cavs to win, but their best chance of it was Game 1, and they blew it.  

Besides which, for some reason God hates Cleveland sports.

If the Red Sox (2004), White Sox (2005), Angels (2002) in baseball & the NY Rangers (1994) in hockey can win a championship after years of heartbreak & being cursed, so can Cleveland. It has to end someday, so why not Sunday Night? Besides, ESPN would want nothing more than to have their Golden Boy & Flavor of the Month (Stephen Curry & the Warriors) to win Game 7 so that they can rub it in our faces & laugh some more at Cleveland's agony. They do not want that streak (52 years) to end. Who else are they going to mock & make fun of because of their sports futility if the Cavaliers win tomorrow night?

I'm more optimistic right now for Game 7 than I was for Game 4 & 5. I'm hoping that it will be more like Games 3, 5, & 6 and I don't have to sweat it out in the last 5 minutes of the game.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Magog said:

I'm more optimistic right now for Game 7 than I was for Game 4 & 5. I'm hoping that it will be more like Games 3, 5, & 6 and I don't have to sweat it out in the last 5 minutes of the game.

When I was watching the GSW/OKC series there were some games, I had a bad feeling about the outcome and was concerned for OKC's chances. Unfortunately, those feelings ended up being confirmed. But I haven't had any bad feelings about the last two games where Cleveland has won. I had thought that GSW would probably win the championship in one of those games. But I didn't have any feelings of dread regarding Cleveland's chances like I did with OKC.

Maybe.. Cleveland might pull it off. They are 48 minutes away from a championship. I know their fans have got to be excited and anxious. 

It would be nice if Kevin Love would be a lot more productive. If he could give the Cavs even 15 points and some rebounds, that could be the difference maker for them. And if he had a really good game, that could make a big difference. It would also be nice if JR Smith and Iman played better. Iman has played very poorly in this series. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2

Maybe.. Cleveland might pull it off. They are 48 minutes away from a championship. I know their fans have got to be excited and anxious. 

I'm with Golden State for the win, but the Cavs winning would be pretty awesome to see.  The fact that they overcame everything and got this far is amazing. It'll hurt if Cleveland wins, but the Warriors winning probably won't be that great for Chicago Bulls fans

Wow! what a game 7. Congrat to Cleveland and their fans. You guys have been suffering for a long time. I am glad to see that the Cavs brought a championship back to the city. GSW fought until the very end and had a very good year this year. They did a good job of going back and forth with the CAvs this game and kept things close until the end. But Kyrie made that clutch shot at the end and things ended up working out for the Cavs.

• Love 3
(edited)

YYYEEESSS!!!! Finally, Cleveland has its moment in the sun. Tonight's game was more nerve-wracking than I wanted to be. But, they found a way to bring it home. Now, ESPN will have to find a new city & franchise to make fun of. Thank you LeBron James, Kyrie Irving & the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers!! 52 years of heartbreak & agony is gone forever. 

Seeing Stephen Curry taking that walk of shame was beautiful to see. Hopefully, that will put an end to the constant gushing of Stephen Curry & ESPN sucking up to the Warriors. Their 73 win season just went up in the flames & it feels like I just won the Powerball.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 5
(edited)

OMFG!!!!!

I was shaking so hard.  If it wasn't for Green, the game wouldn't have been as close.  But THAT'S hiw Game 7s should be played!

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

Hopefully, that will put an end to the constant gushing of Stephen Curry & ESPN sucking up to the Warriors. Their 73 win season just went up in the flames & it feels like I just won the Powerball.

Yeah it stopped, but ESPN kept showing baseball (that I probably would have watched in most other cases). So they won't talk about that. They'd probably move Cubs/Bucs to ESPN2 had the Warriors won

Kansas City fans would like to say to Cleveland fans: You are sooooo gonna dig the parade.

Yay LeBron!!!! that's a heavy burden to carry all those years, and now a joyous one to set at the feet of your city.

• Love 5

Congrats to the Cavs and their long suffering fans. I couldn't watch the second half because it was so nerve wracking and I'm not even a fan of either team. Kyrie came up big and Lebron had the biggest triple double of his career. Now he can just enjoy playing the game now that all that pressure is off his shoulder.

Warriors were classy congratulating the Cavs during their celebration. Must be hard to do, but last year's win softens the blow a little. Rewatching the last few minutes now I was sure some of Curry's shots were going in- we have been used to seeing those go in all season. 

• Love 1

Man, I so wish I could be home for the parade!

We're going back over the 4th, but I bet the city will still be buzzing.

Hubby was actually crying, while I couldn't stop screaming.  Now I'm too wired to sleep.

Can't wait to go to work 2morrow.  One of my co-workers sons was a friend of Steph Curry's in college.

• Love 2
(edited)

Congrats to Lebron and the Cavs. Surprisingly, I wasnt as upset  (or I guess annoyed is the more accurate word) when they won. Dare I say I was actually glad Lebron finally got the gorilla sized monkey off his back by bringing a championship to Cleveland. As much as I may dislike him for admittedly pretty frivolous things  (I mean, I know he seems to be a great father and husband, does a lot for his community, etc), but I've always respected his dedication and committment to the game. He definitely earned all the praise he gets tonight.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 4
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Magog said:

Seeing Stephen Curry taking that walk of shame was beautiful to see. Hopefully, that will put an end to the constant gushing of Stephen Curry & ESPN sucking up to the Warriors. Their 73 win season just went up in the flames & it feels like I just won the Powerball.

Way to be a sore winner.

Also, pretty sure there is no shame in his game. Don't worry, GSW will be just fine. They still had a spectacular season, and you can't try to undermine their 73 wins. 

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Congrats to Lebron and the Cavs. Surprisingly, I wasnt as upset  (or I guess annoyed is the more accurate word) when they won. Dare I say I was actually glad Lebron finally got the gorilla sized monkey off his back by bringing a championship to Cleveland. As much as I may dislike him for admittedly pretty frivolous things  (I mean, I know he seems to be a great father and husband, does a lot for his community, etc), but I've always respected his dedicated and committment to the game. He definitely earned all the praise he gets tonight.

I thought he showed excellent leadership tonight. I appreciated how calm and in control he seemed. I didn’t get the sense tonight or in games 5 and 6 that he felt like Cleveland was going to lose this series.  He seemed to believe that they could win all the way to the finish line.

I am happy for him and the fans of Cleveland. Maybe this will give hope to some of us who  support other teams that have never won a championship. Or who have had long droughts between championships. If the Cavs can win a championship after a 52 year dry spell, maybe there is hope for Pacer fans, Knick fans, etc... :)

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Congrats to Lebron and the Cavs. Surprisingly, I wasnt as upset  (or I guess annoyed is the more accurate word) when they won. Dare I say I was actually glad Lebron finally got the gorilla sized monkey off his back by bringing a championship to Cleveland. As much as I may dislike him for admittedly pretty frivolous things  (I mean, I know he seems to be a great father and husband, does a lot for his community, etc), but I've always respected his dedicated and committment to the game. He definitely earned all the praise he gets tonight.

I was actually happy when they won.  I'm not a Cleveland fan, but I admire LBJ as well. So it was really more in the lines of seeing LeBron (and Kyrie & Love) win than the Cavs win.  No hate toward any of their players, but I think I definitely would have been okay with a Warriors win.  Though with their loss, it's a loss for the James haters, the media, & Skip, while it's a win for the 1995-1996 Bulls and Chicago.  BTW, even if Golden State had won, that Chicago 72-10 team would have had a better win-loss percentage (including regular season and playoffs)

I guess the lesson here is to fire your head-coach mid-season; you might win a world championship!

• Love 1

As a whole, that was one ugly series. But the final game was fantastic. My favorite post game moment was the shot of Lue sitting alone on the bench, overcome with emotion. Fifty games ago he had no idea his work would lead to this.

Now I have to go without my regular Sage Steele fix. The woman is absolutely stunning.

2 minutes ago, Carey said:

I guess the lesson here is to fire your head-coach mid-season; you might win a world championship!

It worked for the Penguins!

• Love 4
(edited)

Way to be a sore winner.

Also, pretty sure there is no shame in his game. Don't worry, GSW will be just fine. They still had a spectacular season, and you can't try to undermine their 73 wins. 

I wonder if Patriots fans feel the same way when they went 16-0 in 2007, but didn't win the Super Bowl. I don't think they would find anything spectacular about that season.

I can't imagine what Ayesha Curry is feeling right now. She must be having a melt down right now. 

I really hope that Joe Johnson is kicking himself right now. He could of been a part of this celebration, but instead he rather go play for the Miami Heat. What a loser.

Did anyone see that J R Smith post game conference? That was very emotional & nice to see. He & Kevin Love were very helpful in the Game 7 victory. 

J R Smith's Emotional Speech

The parade is going to be lot of fun to watch on Wednesday. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow, finally a great game in this ugly ugly series. Have to respect both teams they fought and scratched, but it just goes to prove that to win your best players need to be your best players. Lebron was Cleveland's best all through this series (maybe Kyrie in Game 5) flirting with the triple double in almost every game, finally getting it in the one that mattered the most. Contrarily, Steph was not Golden State's best, not even Klay was. Draymond was the one trying to get the Dubs to a championship over the last 7 games.

Congrats to the Cavs, Toronto isn't experiencing even close to as big a drought as Cleveland was, but I have to say I felt a kinship with Cleveland, a fellow 3 team desert waiting for even the slightest drop of rain, hopefully it doesn't stop too soon. I also have to feel a little vindication that my Raps provided a bump in the road at the very least against the eventual NBA Champions, it might be a foolish feeling but it makes me feel like we aren't quite as far off as I thought we were at the beginning of the playoffs.

At the same time gotta feel for the Warriors, making history you wanna make in the regular season and then the history you don't wanna make in the playoffs. They thought they were the 95-96 Bulls, but in the end they were the 72-73 Celtics. I'm sure they'll be back next season trying to get even better though. Whatever else you learned in these playoffs, it's that you can't count out the Dubs until it's all over.

Good season everyone, let's do it all again soon.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 2

Congrats to the Cavs, Toronto isn't experiencing even close to as big a drought as Cleveland was, but I have to say I felt a kinship with Cleveland, a fellow 3 team desert waiting for even the slightest drop of rain, hopefully it doesn't stop too soon. I also have to feel a little vindication that my Raps provided a bump in the road at the very least against the eventual NBA Champions, it might be a foolish feeling but it makes me feel like we aren't quite as far off as I thought we were at the beginning of the playoffs.

I feel the same here. Congrats to the Cavaliers - at time they seemed to play better basketball, and when GSW were playing top notch, the Cavaliers still played amazing. And I will say, reading about those "winning" droughts for the city (since the 1964 Browns), it is kinda nice that they finally won something again.

Sad about GSW, but hey, they won last year, so I don't feel too bad. Share the wealth!

Got totally choked up over LeBron James and Coach Tyronn Lue just bawling their eyes out after winning. Love that he's such a newbie relatively and retired as a player in 2009!! Love that the entire team was just SOOOOOO thrilled/excited, just completely blown away.

LeBron as MVP - duh. :')

Apparently one is supposed to root for the team that beat your own team, to win, because then it's basically the 'best team' beat your own. And I agree, love that the Raptors provided a difficult "bump" for CC to have to fight through. And you never know - Dwane Casey has made a major impact to the team, and he's back. Depending on who resigns, it could be a very good next year.

Congrats Cleveland Cavaliers!!

• Love 3