Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Under Construction

• Start Topic

I'm in the minority here but I came to learn that I prefer not being in a relationship.  I like coming home and not having to talk to anyone.  I can come home as early or late as I please without anyone worrying.  I can do meals, or not, on my own schedule.  It's easy enough to meet someone for dinner if I don't want to eat alone or pick up a phone if I want to talk to someone.  If I just want to crawl into bed and be left alone, I can do that too.

Yes, thank you. I, too, am happier being on my own and yes, I can (and do) often call friends, my kid and others for a chat, to met up for dinner, a movie or to walk our dogs in a favorite park.

The thing which many people either don't understand or reject is the simple fact that sometimes being on your own beats the hell out of being in a relationship which either shouldn't have happened in the first place or has failed. I (and many others) have found that you actually can do things without someone egging or cheering you on. It's often better to have dinner alone or with your cat than to argue through a salad. You make your own choices, own your mistakes and make your own decisions, move to your own schedule and paint the living room purple and orange if you want to and the hell with what anyone thinks.

Okay, someone as insecure as Shannon would never believe this but, I swear to god, it's true. I raised my son on my own after my ex (his father) was diagnosed with a severe mental illness by 3 different psychologists and backed up by 2 judges. He refused the diagnosis, refused treatment and so has become much worse and not any better. There comes a time when you have to make choices--I chose to raise my son--and cut your loses. Not easy, no, but you do what you have to do.

At some point Shannon may clue in that the current situation as it stands isn't good for her, her husband and especially not for her kids.

• Love 9
(edited)

Can't say whether this is AMA certified but I have heard the theory before that cancer loves and feeds on sugar from a source or two. One was from a breast cancer surgery who was treated the traditional way at Sloan Kettering. Carbs like bread = sugar.

Last season they called it a motor court.

Okay. I thought that Ryan's fiancee had a bit of money. Wasn't it said that she inherited her family gun sales business which was said to be quite lucrative? So why would Tamra need to support Ryan and that family? Sounds like some typical Tamra storyline BS to me.

I think she was a manager of the business.  Her father shot someone and then killed himself.  I am not seeing a real line of success in her family.  Sara also had issues with her ex.  I think she and Ryan fake living in OC during filming to get a paycheck.

here is a charming story about Tamra's grandbaby's maternal side of the family  http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/what-are-skeletons-tamra-barneys-closet

Edited by zoeysmom

I have never paid much attention to ratings, is this good? Competing with the Stanley Cup is brutal. I was watching women's World Cup, USA, so I watch RHOC after. I've contributed more than my fair share to Real Housewives first airing over the years!

Not great but not a disaster. Notice how people watched the first Odd Mom Out and then tuned out for the next one. Not sure if it was a repeat but if not, that's bad.

• Love 1

Not great but not a disaster. Notice how people watched the first Odd Mom Out and then tuned out for the next one. Not sure if it was a repeat but if not, that's bad.

I don't know what they did with that show but those stats are screwed because of it IMO. I didn't realize it was only 30 min, watched the first one, saw it come back on and changed it not wanting to see it again. Only later realizing on repeat that it was 2 short episodes back to back.

If I were in Shannon's shoes, (would love the bank account, and the freedom of her limitless shopping budget but that's where my envy ends) I would try to repair the marriage. I wouldn't do this on a Reality show, but would any of us here want to? I just think it's a rare person, at least in my world, that would ever agree to participating in this craziness.

We don't know the truth, but according to what Shannon said, she was blindsided by David's stepping out. While she knew everything wasn't perfect (discussing the bickering, then THE email, than the fighting played back to her on TV) this affair was all new to her as of last year. They taped the current season when? It can't be more than a few months after discovering his infidelity in April of 2014. Heck, Meghan wasn't even married yet, that's how recent this has been revealed to Shannon.

I think she should try, she has made it clear she wants to change the way she has treated him. It's early to throw in the towel when we look at the ages of her kids, she says she still loves him very much and David is still telling her he loves her. If he said, I'm not happy, I want out, that's different. Maybe, yes maybe, he's unwilling to be the one to pull that trigger, but again, why wouldn't Shannon try at this point? If they work on their marriage and can repair some of the damage and enjoy their lives together, of course it's worth it to try it. Maybe that's what David was looking for? If It's not, Shannon will figure this out soon enough. Breaking up now, to her, is giving up too soon. Who knows, but I think separating now is way too soon. (Now being while filming the current season).

According to her social media, they are currently together and seemingly happy together. If I was her, I would move forward, but if he did it again, BYE BYE David.

I've been married 26 years, 3 grown kids, youngest is 19. We have a wonderful marriage. With that said, while there were no affairs, or sleeping separately, or endless bickering, all marriages have their "moments" over the years. Its a journey. Every journey is full of obstacles at some point down the road. Think of military marriages of forced separation, or issues with family members, financial strain, whatever....Bottom line, if you both want to be together, than stay together, if not, you know the rest...It's hard to say whether David Beador truly WANTS to stay with Shannon, but maybe he's sincere in wanting to stay with Shannon. I hope so for her sake...if not, she will see it soon enough.

What we are seeing is so new and raw that as a viewer, I want to see her take this time to figure it out and not end it and regret that she didn't try first.

Beden: Good for you! I'm glad things are working out for the better for you being on your own. Your son is a lucky boy! Vicki is an idiot. Who in their right mind would prefer to be with Brooks Ayers than to be alone?!! She NEEDS to be alone of all people and give herself some time and space to truly examine the kind of man that would truly make her happy if she believes being alone is so stupid. There are lots of people who live alone and love it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think she was a manager of the business.  Her father shot someone and then killed himself.  I am not seeing a real line of success in her family.  Sara also had issues with her ex.  I think she and Ryan fake living in OC during filming to get a paycheck.

Both her parents are deceased, right? Anyway, I thought they lived in northern California, which is where the gun shop is. That was one of the reasons for Tamballs crying hissy fit last season, Ryan was moving there and she thought it was too far away. I'm still trying to picture Ryan being responsible for a baby and living with this woman's 3 other kids. Disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

But Tamra is in the "love to hate" and therefore watch category not simply just hate and not watch.

Tamra and her lies. . . she and her first husband have been on good terms?  Not too long ago he was threatening to sue and Tamra claimed he was gay and his children had nothing to do with him.  http://www.wetpaint.com/2013-07-22-tamra-barneys-ex-husband-threatens/

I am not a muter or a channel changer but I don't think I can watch anymore of Tamra's family scenes.  They are just far too contrived,  This group of evicted trailer park, moonshine drinking folk show up every time Tamra needs a family drama bonus to kick in.  Boring  

• Love 5

But Tamra is in the "love to hate" and therefore watch category not simply just hate and not watch.

She is in my hate to hate radar, along with creepy Richie from RHONJ. I want her off this show! It's been my "mission" in my mind as a loyal viewer since her first day.

• Love 2

The mispronunciation of Porte Cochere was surprising to me as Heather was always so proper and pompous.

A bit of mules in horse's harness.

does that take into account people like me who DVR for later?

It does when Andy is rationalizing the reason for RHONY lower ratings.  When you DVR do you get the ads or can you skip over them?

Shannon wins every WWHL poll she is in. She won the favorite-housewife-of-any-show-ever award that people voted on via Bravo's website last summer. They'd be stupid not to have her back.

Now having Tamra back? I cant wrap my head around this. I think most viewers despise her. And in reference to this episode, I had to fast forward through most of her scenes. Between implants, and plastic surgery, and tattoo removal .... I feel like I have seen this woman be operated on a dozen times. I cant stomach it anymore.

That's true, but there were two different Shannon's last year. The Shannon from the first part of the season that rode David's ass like it was her job. Didn't like the way he ate, what he ate, how he talked, how he put up Christmas decorations, etc. That Shannon was very much disliked by the vast majority of folks. Then the second part of the season came around and we didn't hear so much about their marital problems after Mexico. That was the Shannon that took on Heather and Tamra.  Almost any HW on any franchise could take on Tamra and they would be voted the favorite HW (which is why I have never understood why Heather remains loyal to her. She would change her fortunes in around 2 minutes if she went against Tamra).  Bottom line, sad, desperate Shannon probably wouldn't be the favorite so let's hope she finds something else to do. 

• Love 3

You can fast forward through the ads when you dvr it.

I think the rating was decent considering the lack of promotion for the show..and the lack of bigger names joining. BH had Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson join...two women with decent followings which accounted for the ratings increase ven doing their more 'boring' first half of season 5.

• Love 1

The mispronunciation of Porte Cochere was surprising to me as Heather was always so proper and pompous.

A bit of mules in horse's harness.

I am now wondering if she is doing it to be cute. I can't imagine her architect or designer pronouncing it wrong. If she is doing this on purpose, like using "champs" at every turn, it makes her look stupid, striving, not to the manor born.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, he was diagnosed and being treated during last season?  When he and Vicki were on again and off again??  

I don't know - I just have a very strange feeling about all of this.  Maybe that is what Brianna meant when she said he doesn't "look" sick.  Also, if he has been having chemo treatments, there is no way that he wouldn't look ill.  I know several people who have been through chemo and radiation treatments (women and men, including my father), and that shit takes a toll on you!!  It may be different for a lucky few, but those that I know actually looked more sick while going through radiation/chemo than before or after the treatments.

Brooks looks like he may have dropped a few pounds, but, it isn't the same as when cancer patients lose weight.  I'm sorry, there is a unhealthy look to people who are going through treatments.  

My ex has been undergoing Chemo for the last 7 years and he actually gained weight. Surprised the heck out of me. He also has not lost his hair to the consternation of many of the women patients he sees regularly while undergoing the Chemo treatments. 

However, he has many other, less visible side effects, including some severe issues with foot pain, which I knew nothing about prior to his experience.

All that said, I just don't believe Brooks. I realize it is unthinkable to most of us that someone would fake Cancer. I think most people would just be too afraid of tempting fate. But, honestly, I think that man is such a liar and phony I can totally see it. Maybe he had an actual, real  cancer scare. Many of us, at least by a certain age, have had that scare. The really dark mole, the lump that blessedly turns out to be a cyst. I can see him having something like that and then running with the lie.

It's despicable, but there you have it. I don't put it past Brooks.

Vicki just makes me sad sometimes. I cannot hate her, in fact I agree that, warts and all, she is the best housewife of the entire bunch in all the franchises. That doesn't mean she's the most likable, not even to me, but she is pure reality gold. I also don't think she is truly evil like say, Tamara or Brandi. She's just brash and clueless.

However, she is also a reasonably attractive woman with a great career and a gorgeous home. It's so sad that she puts up with such a POS just to avoid being alone.  I am so thankful that I am comfortable on my own. I wouldn't have got through one dinner with that phony, slimy con man.            

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2

I am not a muter or a channel changer but I don't think I can watch anymore of Tamra's family scenes.  They are just far too contrived,  This group of evicted trailer park, moonshine drinking folk show up every time Tamra needs a family drama bonus to kick in.  Boring  

My fast forward button is worn but working. Now if I could only program it to auto-fast forward through any Tamrat, Meagan, Brandy, Kim, Amber scenes. 

Not interested Bravo get them off my screen!

• Love 2
(edited)

Lower than BH . . . interesting.

But better than NY even more interesting. Remember for the first 3 weeks BH was helping NY's ratings. RHOC tends to have up and down ratings til the last several episodes then it picks up.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I wonder if Kim Richards is just itching for Heather's house to be built and for her to host a Bravo event. So many bathroom cabinets to explore also she could baptize the pot balcony and show young Master Dubrow how it's done.

• Love 4

I have no issues with Heather, I enjoy her because she does seem to have a brain and is actually witty. Is her monstrous house ridiculous? Of course but it's not like we're seeing her rubbing all the other Housewives faces in it which I believe was the big issue with Alexis. She was constantly dropping brand names which I though about when Vicky was bitching about Shannon ripping her new Chanel coat. It's that stuff that kills me, the Sonja Morgan name dropping. As long as Heather keeps that in her TH's, I'm all good with it. Plus I really like to see that she and Terry seem to have an authentic relationship. They clearly love each other and their kids and don't seem too obsessive about them like Vicky and Tamra.

As for Brooks, I mean, that's tough. One would think that with Stage III Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma he would have had chemo, lost hair, looked pale, etc. My mom had stage II Breast Cancer, my friend dealt with a lesser stage of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and both of them were visibly sick. I guess it depends on the cocktail but chemo tends to be so hard on the body that there are usually visible signs. Vicky indicates that he's had chemo treatments so I'd tend to think this is why Brianna thinks he's faking. I can't decide if I want him to be faking or not strictly from a story-line perspective. Regardless, I think the guy is bad news but I don't wish Cancer on my worst enemy.

• Love 6

Yes, thank you. I, too, am happier being on my own and yes, I can (and do) often call friends, my kid and others for a chat, to met up for dinner, a movie or to walk our dogs in a favorite park.

The thing which many people either don't understand or reject is the simple fact that sometimes being on your own beats the hell out of being in a relationship which either shouldn't have happened in the first place or has failed. I (and many others) have found that you actually can do things without someone egging or cheering you on. It's often better to have dinner alone or with your cat than to argue through a salad. You make your own choices, own your mistakes and make your own decisions, move to your own schedule and paint the living room purple and orange if you want to and the hell with what anyone thinks.

Okay, someone as insecure as Shannon would never believe this but, I swear to god, it's true. I raised my son on my own after my ex (his father) was diagnosed with a severe mental illness by 3 different psychologists and backed up by 2 judges. He refused the diagnosis, refused treatment and so has become much worse and not any better. There comes a time when you have to make choices--I chose to raise my son--and cut your loses. Not easy, no, but you do what you have to do.

At some point Shannon may clue in that the current situation as it stands isn't good for her, her husband and especially not for her kids.

Count me in as happily unattached. I have not the slightest desire to marry again or even be in a long term relationship.

I am perfectly happy with my life as it is. 

I realize there are some really great relationships out there, but I also see some really sad ones. Shannon's is certainly a case in point. However, there are too many women like Shannon and Vicki. Any man is better than no man. 

• Love 2

I have no issues with Heather, I enjoy her because she does seem to have a brain and is actually witty. Is her monstrous house ridiculous? Of course but it's not like we're seeing her rubbing all the other Housewives faces in it which I believe was the big issue with Alexis. She was constantly dropping brand names which I though about when Vicky was bitching about Shannon ripping her new Chanel coat. It's that stuff that kills me, the Sonja Morgan name dropping. As long as Heather keeps that in her TH's, I'm all good with it. Plus I really like to see that she and Terry seem to have an authentic relationship. They clearly love each other and their kids and don't seem too obsessive about them like Vicky and Tamra.

I also appreciate her intelligence but what I don't care for is her delivery of it.  She constantly has to be right and presses her point until you acknowledge she's right. She takes every opportunity to educate and correct others in public. That's why there is such enjoyment when she shows her fanny such as in "Por-tay Cochere".

Heather may not drop names like Alexis and the others but she does the same thing by making sure that we know what things cost and how exclusive they are, a $7000 dollar sink, a $50,000 wardrobe for Terry. She drops price tags and she did this not only on talking heads but also in scenes.

Money shouts, wealth is silent.

• Love 7

Vicki looks ten times better with shorter hair. Younger even.  Not sure what to think of Brook's diagnosis. Odd that he is now living with Vicki.  Don't care about Tamara or her grandchild. Eddie looks so done with her.  I will reserve judgement on Megan till I see more of her.  Heather OMG stfu! For someone who was so hard on Alexis for talking about how many different cars they had and how she wore a fake wedding ring because the real one was so expensive, you and your 14 bathrooms and $7000 sink are WAY worse!!! Anyone who brags that much is definitely trashy new money and probably doesn't have the funds to back up all that talk.  Shannon- leave David. He may regret it but if you stay he will cheat on you again and again. He got a taste of someone new and it was fun and exciting, sadly things you will NEVER be to him. not your fault. Marriage isn't supposed to be new, free of responsibility and exciting. It is supposed to be about commitment and the fact that he was having an affair while you were filming a reality show proves he has NO respect for you and isn't committed. Take him back and he will play nice and then cheat on you the second you let your guard down. Or he will cheat on you because you nag him too much or are too insecure. You can not win. If you let someone get away with something they will do it again. Almost guaranteed.   I believe everyone is right, David wants Shannon to divorce HIM so he's not the bad guy. If she doesn't (and she appears to be holding on with all her might) he will quietly have other affairs. He's not invested in his marriage and I doubt anything will bring him back.   Wasn't it in July (if she found out in April) or something that they were on magazine covers vacationing in Hawaii talking about how great their marriage was now? Typical after affair stuff. The cheated-on party wants to show the world (and the mistress) that the spouse WON and everything is all happy now (which is clearly is not, if months later Shannon is still crushed by his actions and David isn't showing much remorse)  Most couples have a baby at this point to try to prove they are recommitted (and in the process f*ck a child up because the cheater always cheats again) but since Shannon is too old for more children, they went the "let's act like everything is fabulous" route.   But the counseling session showed IMO that David doesn't seem to want to be with Shannon. He's "sorry" but not sorry.

• Love 1

If this is real, then he may be desperate. You reach a point where you feel like you have nothing to lose. If conventional medicine hasn't worked, why not try something else? Now I am a huge advocate of  traditional medicine. I am alive because of it, but I know how easy it is to get sucked in with the promise of something that works. In the 90's, I had so many people offer me  many unconventional things to cure AIDS. They turned out  not to work of course, but I was desperate. What could I do? It couldn't hurt right? Then when the real life saving meds came out I waited more than a year, because I was so used to getting my hopes up and having them dashed.

I've sort of lost my point, but I think it's something to do with, if nothing conventional has worked, I can understand him trying something else. He needs to have hope.

That is , if this is actually real.

Dammmnnnn Jenny. I lived in SoFL late 80s/early 90s & had MANY friends contract HIV, none of them made it thru the mid-90s due to lack of meds, so I am so happy for your health! I now work in HIV prevention. I bet all the young med students are fascinated by your 'case' (I had cataracts at 30 & was the 'interesting case' at my teaching-school-related eye dr's). Again, so happy for you & best wishes for your continued good health!!!!!

I did not watch this show, I dvr'd it & don't think I will watch, so keep up the snark peeps!

Both her parents are deceased, right? Anyway, I thought they lived in northern California, which is where the gun shop is. That was one of the reasons for Tamballs crying hissy fit last season, Ryan was moving there and she thought it was too far away. I'm still trying to picture Ryan being responsible for a baby and living with this woman's 3 other kids. Disaster waiting to happen.

Didn't Tamra ask her akward questions about her desd parents at the same dinner she had that meltdown about Ryan geting married?

I just figured out who Heather reminded me of in this episode....Camille Grammar lol

For some reason Camille was someone you loved to hate...heather...I wouldn't say I hate her...but it seems like she is trying too.hard..

Very insecure....imho

• Love 2

Oh no!  One of Lynn's girls has pro-created!  I actually would like to see if it has helped them mature.   So I wouldn't mind having that family back on screen although they probably live in some middle class place like Long Beach.  Yikes!  lol

I can do without Sharon.  And Heather, 14 bathrooms?  2 a piece for all the girls and 5 for guests?  Who the hell needs 14 bathrooms?!

• Love 1

Dammmnnnn Jenny. I lived in SoFL late 80s/early 90s & had MANY friends contract HIV, none of them made it thru the mid-90s due to lack of meds, so I am so happy for your health! I now work in HIV prevention. I bet all the young med students are fascinated by your 'case' (I had cataracts at 30 & was the 'interesting case' at my teaching-school-related eye dr's). Again, so happy for you & best wishes for your continued good health!!!!!

I did not watch this show, I dvr'd it & don't think I will watch, so keep up the snark peeps!

I was diagnosed in 1990 and was in the military. I know exactly when I got it because of manditory testing .  There were around 250 people being treated at NHSD in 1990 and by 2000 there were maybe 10 of us. I know because they kept stats on the wall. I don't know why it was me and not them. There is some guilt.  My doctor yesterday mentioned how she get patients who have been alive only as many years as I've lived with it. My ex husband, who I got it from is also alive still. I think we were that first generation that had a chance to live to see treatment.

I'm in Central Fl by the way.  Thank god for military health care. They kept me alive. 

If Brooks is lying that is just vile. I'm not going there without some proof 

• Love 3

Oh no!  One of Lynn's girls has pro-created!  I actually would like to see if it has helped them mature.   So I wouldn't mind having that family back on screen although they probably live in some middle class place like Long Beach.  Yikes!  lol

I can do without Sharon.  And Heather, 14 bathrooms?  2 a piece for all the girls and 5 for guests?  Who the hell needs 14 bathrooms?!

Great another kid for Lynn to fuck up.

• Love 1

If Brooks is lying that is just vile. I'm not going there without some proof 

Well, if he was your average Joe Blow, I'd certainly give him the full benefit of the doubt absent solid proof of willful deceit or fakery. But then, we're dealing with Brooks Ayers, whose past actions very much call into question the veracity of his claims about the NHL cancer and his possible motives for lying about it.

Without access to his recent medical records, no one can claim with certainty that this is just another of his scams, albeit a most deplorable one. Vicki, while blasting RHOC cast members who doubt his NHL diagnosis, has not yet backed up his claims by citing her participation in discussions with his doctors and/or accompanying him to chemotherapy sessions. And that is her choice. Perhaps we'll hear something along those lines as the season progresses.

Those who are interested might check out his Twitter account to review his posts and profile information. I, for one, did not know (as he claims) that he is a 1989 graduate of MSU, or that he has worked in the fields of medical sales and as a financial advisor. His tweets are positive in nature and forgiving of his detractors in an interesting way, advising others not to be bothered by those who question their truthfulness (as though other cancer victims are routinely doubted by those around them). He speaks repeatedly of the power of positive thinking in the face of cancer, an honorable and understandable sentiment to be sure, but one that is repeated so often by Brooks as to appear rehearsed and calculated. At least to me.

The thing is I like Shannon but I don't like how she acts with or to David. What a mess. Hope things get better for them as filming progresses because that was hard to watch.

Same here! I think all her new age, holistic stuff is quirky and amusing. I like how she interacts with the girls. But yea, when it's her and David - pass! It's either painfully boring or painfully depressing. Can't he be one of those husbands that doesn't really want to be on the show?

Jim Edmonds - really dude? The cameras are rolling, and you talk to your wife that way? Does he think he's funny? Sadly, I think he's just an arrogant prick, and doesn't know it. Shades of Alexis and Jim there.

I´m wondering, has there ever been a likeable Jim on a housewives franchise? There´s this Jim, then there was Alexis´ Jim and I think the most awful one, Amber´s husband in New Jersey, was called Jim as well. Correct me if I´m wrong, but there seems to be something in a name.... (even though I personally always liked Mr Alexis a little bit, he was fun to watch, just as clueless as her but in a different way).

I absolutely loath Heather after the way she treated Alexis. She´s the worst hypocrite ever, across all the reality tv-sphere. She never stops bragging, all last season it was bad but now with the house and everything, I´m afraid she´ll become even worse. If I had shamed someone for bragging a little bit, mostly in private, I wouldn´t go crazy doing it constantly on tv. So she´s obviously dumb (but gets away with it because her castmates aren´t the brightest bulbs either). And she´s got a super scary face. At least Alexis and Jim seemed to try to be good parents and I´m convinced they have instilled better morals and values into their kids than Terry and Heather ever could, with their worship of money and exterior looks.

One thing I noticed about the new girl is that she kind of looks like Tamra, from the nose to the forehead, she´s like a gorgeous, young Tamra. It was a bit funny since Tamra said she was her taller mini-me.

• Love 9

So Tamra is now claiming she knew about David's affair last year.  before or after the Reunion taped?  Before or after Shannon found out?  http://allthingsrh.com/tamra-judge-reveals-she-knew-about-david-beadors-affair-last-year/

So Shannon knew that the affair would become public and weighed the pros and cons of defending their marriage>  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/shannon-beador-reveals-how-she-survived-davids-devastating-affair--2015106

It will be interesting.  After the season where Laurie outed Vicki for alleged multiple affairs, Brianna and Vicki discussed Donn's long term affairs we finally see one in front of us and if they can make their marriage work.  If Shannon's decision to be open about their troubles works watch for Tamra and Eddie to have marital troubles next year to hold onto her orange.

• Love 7
(edited)

So Tamra is now claiming she knew about David's affair last year. before or after the Reunion taped? Before or after Shannon found out? http://allthingsrh.com/tamra-judge-reveals-she-knew-about-david-beadors-affair-last-year/

So Shannon knew that the affair would become public and weighed the pros and cons of defending their marriage> http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/shannon-beador-reveals-how-she-survived-davids-devastating-affair--2015106

It will be interesting. After the season where Laurie outed Vicki for alleged multiple affairs, Brianna and Vicki discussed Donn's long term affairs we finally see one in front of us and if they can make their marriage work. If Shannon's decision to be open about their troubles works watch for Tamra and Eddie to have marital troubles next year to hold onto her orange.

This is why I posted what I did earlier...I truly felt there was more to the animosity between Terry, Heather, Tamra & Shannon then a few inappropriate comments by David at Heathers groundbreaking party. Terry was so over the top scary angry at David that it didn't seem to fit the circumstances...plus, the way Heather & Tamra were gossiping about the Email and Heathers friends discussing it. Remember, Terry didn't seemed fazed by Eddies comments. All The reunion talk about David flirting...Terry wouldn't have felt as threatened if he hadn't heard genuine rumors along with Vickis comments about him supposedly touching her underwear.

It all makes sense hearing this...

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

This was a boring episode. I'd rather have Shannon's martial problems than a whole season of Vicki/Brooks. I love Vicki but I like her when she's screeching at the other wives or tripping over her own feet, not asking Brooks to "affirm" her.

On the one hand I commend Shannon for her openness because marital issues are problems people of all walks of life have but I side-eye her for ranting at Heather last season about the email because she has children, yet she's putting David's affair out there.

I don't like David anymore. I don't care how much of a pain in the arse she is; have some respect for your 15(?) year marriage and the mother of your children and end the relationship before fucking anyone else. People fall out of love, people split up and that's fine but don't be a dick about it. Shannon doesn't deserve that, and neither do their daughters. Their relationship is never going to work anyway because if you choose to forgive an affair then you have to actually *forgive* and I can't see Shannon being the type to let it go, every argument she will throw it in his face. I'm not criticising her for it since I couldn't forgive an affair as it would irreparably damage our marriage, which is why I would leave. Shannon won't leave though.

Heather's monstrosity doesn't bother me. If they can afford it and they're not ripping anyone off to live their lifestyle (I'm looking at you, Tre and Juicy) then have at it. You go have your 14 bathrooms if that's what makes you happy. I have nine fucking toilets in my house and honestly they're a pain in the arse, but then nannies aren't raising my kids and I do my own cleaning. Heather and Terry are snooty and pretentious, but eh, there's worse things to be. And at least they're genuinely wealthy which was the original point of the show.

FaithsDad is a doctor and in the UK, no one enters medicine and gets rich so I'm never going to get over just what a lucrative profession medicine can be across the pond.

She appears in the preview for next week's episode. Apologies for the poor picture quality - I have to watch on my laptop via illegal uploads on video hosting sites. Yes, I am that pathetic.I do the same for RHONYC, 90-Day Fiance, Married at First Sight and various other heaps of trash that they don't show on TV here - or that we don't get to see for a year after you guys. There is no hope for me.

I'm in the UK as well and too am that pathetic too although I download torrents which I'd advise as they're usually decent quality. So there's no hope for me either. We should start a club since I suspect it's far sadder we watch this shite online than just turning the telly on.

• Love 4

I´m wondering, has there ever been a likeable Jim on a housewives franchise? There´s this Jim, then there was Alexis´ Jim and I think the most awful one, Amber´s husband in New Jersey, was called Jim as well. Correct me if I´m wrong, but there seems to be something in a name.... (even though I personally always liked Mr Alexis a little bit, he was fun to watch, just as clueless as her but in a different way).

Ya think? Jims and Housewives shows don't have a good track record.  I do believe there is something to a particular name that comes across ones path.  Alans have always been a problem in my world. As customers, work partners, general acquaintances. always some issue or a weird vibe.  I seem to have always gotten along great with Brians, Richards, Jeffs and Jims. And for the record there aren't any ex-boyfriends with any of the mentioned names either.

• Love 1

Yes, particularly on that "little bitch" Colette, who is still holding tight to her pacifier.  

(NEW POSTERS:  Don't hate me, I didn't coin that phrase for Colette, that was done by her lovin' daddy, Dr. Terry last season).  

The Dubrows should just take the kids to the local vet and have GPS chips implanted in their necks....oh wait unless the goal is to lose them......

• Love 5
Sorry I can't quote for some reason but I think Shannon's tag line is "When life gives you lemons, put 9 in a bowl" harkening back to last season where she explained she had 9 lemons in a bowl in her kitchen at all times due to a feng shui expert's advice.   David wanted to use one for cooking and she went ape about it.

Now see I thought that scene was funny. I could picture my husband forgetting something like the lemons in the bowl being "important" and muttering "oh yeah, don't touch the fucking lemons".

I'll admit that diet trends are not the most interesting topics on earth to me so I don't always keep up on the latest, but cancer feeds on white bread? Is that a thing? By "a thing" I mean an American Medical Association thing, not a random internet blog thing.

I see it was already answered about sugar. There are some fascinating studies about sugar and cancer.

That diagnosis is coming up on two years instead of three, but we know that it can be years for cancer to spread before detection, which explains the staging.

Wonder if Vickie is paying Brooks' no doubt substantial medical bills (he's too young for Medicare and not the type to have a generous employer-funded plan).

"Just give me the cash, hon, and I'll drop it off at my next chemo session."

Two words.....Obama Care :-D

• Love 3

Two words.....Obama Care :-D

Lord love ya, girl, more than NY Heather's "holla", more than ATL Sheree's delusions of grandeur, more than the idea that NJ Jaq is earning money off her kid's alleged Autism disgnosis -- Obama Care is the topic that will bring this site to its knees! ;-0
  • Love 4

I like Heather and I don't have an issue with her or her home. Here in California the land is what drives up the price of a home. We have prime land here. The homes in my neighborhood appraise at 900k and up modest home with 4 Beds 3 Bath around 4500 sqft. If you can afford it and you have worked hard for it I say go for the gusto. Plastic Surgeon make a lot of money in California either fixing other surgeons mistakes or creating these thundercat looking faces. I love the house porn and less drama works for me.

Shannon is someone who would drive me crazy with her Soap Drama of the day lifestyle. A total Hoover she just sucks all the fun out of things. I love the Casa Del Camino hotel and Restaurant in Laguna Beach where Vicki and Shannon and the newbie had dinner. The food there is good and the location is awesome.

Tamra has a creepy son.

• Love 3
(edited)

"I am not a muter or a channel changer but I don't think I can watch anymore of Tamra's family scenes.  They are just far too contrived,  This group of evicted trailer park, moonshine drinking folk show up every time Tamra needs a family drama bonus to kick in.  Boring"

If you record it, you can always be a "fast-forwarder" . That's what I do.  

This first show of Season 10, I found myself almost immediately FF-ing (ha) past weepy Shannon. She's such a needy one. I wanted to take one her 9 lemons and shove it in her weepy mouth.  Can't with those stupid therapy sessions. Divorce him already.  Don't air your marital nastiness on TV.  I'd hate to be one of her kids.

And David?  I don't know about him.  Sometimes he seems pretty cool and then he comes off a little skeevy.  And his voice - sorry, but it irritates.  I know that's just the voice he was born with, but ick.  Nasal quality, big time.

Sharon is super nasally too.  But she had a huge amount of nose chopped off, so hers makes more sense.

Regarding the affair, I knew last season he was having affair. The eye opening moment for me was when they were out to dinner on their romantic weekend and he started to criticize her sagging boobs, asking if she was going to do anything about them.  That combined with his pulling away from her, sealed it.  Having been cheated on before, I remember those signs all too well.  They're hot and cold, and they start picking at things they never ever would have brought up when they weren't cheating, since it's hurtful.

On the flip side, Shannon really treated him like shit (although that's still no excuse for cheating.  End the marriage first!).  Her constant snapping at him over trivial things such as eating chips and salsa every time he came home from work, is one example.  If dinner isn't going to be ready for an hour or more, let the man have his damn chips and salsa!  He works his ass off and provides you with a great life!

All in all, it's very sad, and hopefully, if Shannon is lucky, he hasn't already fallen for this woman and she was just a mid-life crisis fling. I think men are more afraid of being alone than women, so they won't leave one relationship until they're absolutely sure the other woman has also fallen for them and wants a relationship too.  If that's the case..by the time the poor wife finds out, it's already too late.  I think he is going to leave her for this other woman, and if not her, eventually someone else.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5

This is why I posted what I did earlier...I truly felt there was more to the animosity between Terry, Heather, Tamra & Shannon then a few inappropriate comments by David at Heathers groundbreaking party. Terry was so over the top scary angry at David that it didn't seem to fit the circumstances...plus, the way Heather & Tamra were gossiping about the Email and Heathers friends discussing it. Remember, Terry didn't seemed fazed by Eddies comments. All The reunion talk about David flirting...Terry wouldn't have felt as threatened if he hadn't heard genuine rumors along with Vickis comments about him supposedly touching her underwear.

It all makes sense hearing this...

That would mean Tamra and Heather knew about the affair before Shannon.  I don't believe that to be the case.  Most posters presumed there was an affair in the mix past or present because of David's comments in Mexico and his general demeanor.  To me, there is a difference between assuming/predicting and confirmation.   For many years I thought Ramona's husband seemed to have a wandering eye.  Confirmation he was cheating wasn't through snotty Jill accusations it was when the girlfriend came forward.  In this case it sounds to me as if the girlfriend and or her husband must have confirmed forcing Shannon and David's hand.   Of course David moving out of the house for two weeks had to rise to the kids' curiosity.

For purpose of the show and Shannon's veracity I would like to see their journey to repairing their marriage.  Better not end with a vow renewal and ceremony.

• Love 3
(edited)

That would mean Tamra and Heather knew about the affair before Shannon. I don't believe that to be the case. Most posters presumed there was an affair in the mix past or present because of David's comments in Mexico and his general demeanor. To me, there is a difference between assuming/predicting and confirmation. For many years I thought Ramona's husband seemed to have a wandering eye. Confirmation he was cheating wasn't through snotty Jill accusations it was when the girlfriend came forward. In this case it sounds to me as if the girlfriend and or her husband must have confirmed forcing Shannon and David's hand. Of course David moving out of the house for two weeks had to rise to the kids' curiosity.

For purpose of the show and Shannon's veracity I would like to see their journey to repairing their marriage. Better not end with a vow renewal and ceremony.

It sure is sad when real life gets too real on these kind of shows. It does seem to me that someone did force their hand. The rumors had to be swirling around and if you watch Tamras face during last years reunion you can see she is biting her tongue...Tamra...she knew something. Terry is a douche, but he definitely was riled up enough by David that I think that the rumors were amongst their crowd. Who was the other woman? Does anyone in this crowd know?

Shannon was right though, watching the footage made it clear to her what a nag she was...which doesn't excuse David stepping out, but at least she knows she didn't give him any reason to want to be home.

Sharon is super nasally too. But she had a huge amount of nose chopped off, so hers makes more sense.

Regarding the affair, I knew last season he was having affair. The eye opening moment for me was when they were out to dinner on their romantic weekend and he started to criticize her sagging boobs, asking if she was going to do anything about them. That combined with his pulling away from her, sealed it. Having been cheated on before, I remember those signs all too well. They're hot and cold, and they start picking at things they never ever would have brought up when they weren't cheating, since it's hurtful.

On the flip side, Shannon really treated him like shit (although that's still no excuse for cheating. End the marriage first!). Her constant snapping at him over trivial things such as eating chips and salsa every time he came home from work, is one example. If dinner isn't going to be ready for an hour or more, let the man have his damn chips and salsa! He works his ass off and provides you with a great life!

All in all, it's very sad, and hopefully, if Shannon is lucky, he hasn't already fallen for this woman and she was just a mid-life crisis fling. I think men are more afraid of being alone than women, so they won't leave one relationship until they're absolutely sure the other woman has also fallen for them and wants a relationship too. If that's the case..by the time the poor wife finds out, it's already too late. I think he is going to leave her for this other woman, and if not her, eventually someone else.

I agree, that scene where he criticized her breasts was so rude. He was such a jerk in that episode.

Let's hope if they both truly value their relationship they can repair the damage and try to move on and make it work.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

I don't think Terry's behavior had anything to do with David's affair. IIRC I seem to remember Terry saying that a little birdie (by the name of production) told him about David's comments re: Heather and the bull and same birdie omitted Eddie's comment. Terry later admitted to over reacting.

• Love 2

She is in my hate to hate radar, along with creepy Richie from RHONJ. I want her off this show! It's been my "mission" in my mind as a loyal viewer since her first day.

Doesn't " hate to hate" refer to someone that one hates YET wishes one did not hate?

• Love 1

I went to the Bravo site looking for previews, and found only one, but it was a doozy!!   Jim and Meghan going furniture shopping.  He is so not into her, I cannot understand why he married her.  In the clip she states they have been married 4 months at that point... wow, it really appears he can't stand her. 

• Love 3
Tamra has a creepy son.

Yes. Yes, she does. I find him to be one of the creepiest creeps that has ever creeped his way onto these shows. The fact that he now has a child bothers me greatly. 

I don't think Terry's behavior had anything to do with David's affair. IIRC I seem to remember Terry saying that a little birdie (by the name of production) told him about David's comments re: Heather and the bull and same birdie omitted Eddie's comment. Terry later admitted to over reacting.

I don't see it either. For some reason, I just don't see Terry being the type to get all indignant about a man cheating on his wife, unless it somehow affected him. 

I'm not sure I buy his editing excuse, though. Perhaps it's true. I wouldn't put it past Bravo. But I also think Terry was just already friendly with Eddie and David was the new guy, so he felt more comfortable putting him in his sights for commenting on Heather.

• Love 3
(edited)

It sure is sad when real life gets too real on these kind of shows. It does seem to me that someone did force their hand. The rumors had to be swirling around and if you watch Tamras face during last years reunion you can see she is biting her tongue...Tamra...she knew something. Terry is a douche, but he definitely was riled up enough by David that I think that the rumors were amongst their crowd. Who was the other woman? Does anyone in this crowd know?

Shannon was right though, watching the footage made it clear to her what a nag she was...which doesn't excuse David stepping out, but at least she knows she didn't give him any reason to want to be home.

I agree, that scene where he criticized her breasts was so rude. He was such a jerk in that episode.

Let's hope if they both truly value their relationship they can repair the damage and try to move on and make it work.

At the Reunion, after Terry made the comment about David being inappropriate with Vicki (which she vehemently denied), Tamara then said something about Vicki saying David is good looking and Tamra admitting she found David good looking, Shannon looked less than pleased.  I think if Tamra would have had the affair info she would have spilled as she was on thin ice  and pretty amazed he was asked back.  She and Heather took it pretty hard Shannon won the Favorite Real Housewife.

Terry Dubrow was on Brandi's Podcast trying to do some damage control after the Reunion and admitted he had not watched the finale prior to the Reunion and made a fool out of himself.  At that time he doubted he would be back to RHOC.      

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2