Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Dead Rat Live Rat Brown Rat White Rat

Bex! DC Crossover! Sin moved to Seattle and now can juice her zombie fetish. Lol.

I didn't know she was going to guest on this show that's great, I loved her on Arrow.

• Love 4

Glad to see her back, and this might be one of my all-time favorite episode titles.  It sounds like a book I would have enjoyed reading at a certain age.

*  10-older than I am now age range.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did not expect Peyton to find out. I was sure the full on zombie mode fight would've been Major seeing it. Then she ran away, giving Liv a reason for her fear of the people closest to her finding out about her.

Major's still an idiot, it's a good thing he has the Astronaut's brains, it's the only thing keeping him alive. Liv is also an idiot for not realizing her ex is an idiot and seems to love to walk right into danger with very little thought.

Loved seeing Bex, I wonder if Liv eats her brains next week?

Rose did a great job with the perky cheerleader and the stoner. I loved her laughing when Clive told Bex to sit and she stayed standing. It's always better for a show when they cast the right people. I've seen Rose McIver in other things but she's really impressing me on this show.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Yeah, that was a lot.  Next week is going to be rough.

On the one hand I'm glad Liv got to tell Peyton, but what circumstances.  Poor Peyton.  And Poor Ravi, who still thought on some level that she would show, standing there in his Jimmy Stewart suit.  That's fairly blind optimism, but I love his optimism.

Major is certainly determined...to drive off a cliff.  Impersonate a health inspector, buy black market weapons, make a suicide note video - thoroughly planned, but not good moves.  I'm a bit impressed that Julian put it together.  And Blaine should not have put all his astronaut brains in one carload.  He now has two major (well one Major, one Evan) bargaining chips, though he doesn't know Major's relationship to Liv.

Sebastian looked creepier than Blaine or Liv with the scars cutting accross his hairline.

• Love 5

Sebastian was a hit man before he was zombified, so I don't think he has much standing to complain about any effect Liv had on him. She was acting in self-defense since he was trying to kill her. And he seemed to be really enjoying sampling her blood at the time. What a whiny self-pitying baby.

I hope Peyton doesn't go to Clive. She does work inside the legal system.

I hated Stoner Liv more even than Cheerleader Liv. Soooooooo annoying. Great acting, a perfect demonstration of the downside of pot.

Love Ravi.

• Love 3

I love how everything is coming together now. I half-expected Peyton to run to Major and tell him about Liv (which I suppose could still happen if he manages to get himself out of Meat Cute). I think Peyton will be okay once she has some time, though.

That fight scene kicked ass. Stabbing a guy in the head with the knife that's stuck through your own hand... awesome.

Isn't putting peroxide on a wound a bad thing? I remember reading that it can actually slow healing.

Ravi did look good in his suit. I also enjoyed his scene with Major. Ravi has good banter with everyone.

I'm disappointed that there's only one episode left this season!

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh Major. Why do the writers make you so dumb? Is it because you're pretty? Major is like Dennis the Menace and Beaver Cleaver all grown up. Or maybe an male Lucille Ball.

...Major's still an idiot, it's a good thing he has the Astronaut's brains, it's the only thing keeping him alive...

Not really. I call plot hole. Why wouldn't Blaine just slice open Major's head and eat his brains to find out where the astroburgers are?

I did snort/chuckle when the gun dealer asked if Major wanted a grenade, and Major raised an eyebrow as if to say: Hmm. Could I vaporize a zombie's head with it?

If we didn't see the grenade, can it still be Chekhov's Grenade? And if so, is Major going to have the same fate as Hot Paul on Orphan Black?

...Rose did a great job with the perky cheerleader and the stoner....

She could definitely give Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) a run for her money in an impersonation throw down. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 7

Sin!  OK, her name was actually Theresa, but Bex Taylor-Klaus will also be Sin from Arrow to me.  It sure didn't help she was almost dressed in the same way, and I could totally buy that Sin would flee Starling City, and become a drummer for a band named "Ass Hats."  I did it funny that the character reference the I Know What You Did franchise for her situation, since she's suppose to be on the Scream show that's coming out.  Bummed that she looks done for.  Was Cameron/the remaining guy the one who did it, or is there something else going on?

Two brains for the price of one!  Both of them had their moments, but I preferred Peppy, Cheerleader Liv to Stoner Liv.  Either way, Rose McIver was fantastic in all of it, and I loved how both Ravi and Clive reacting to it.  In particular, this episode really seemed to get the most milage out of Malcolm Goodwin's "WTF?!" looks.  I was cracking up over just some background shots of him looking at her being weird.

Surprised they already had Liv kill Sebastian after only just creating him a few weeks ago (accidentally, of course), but they sure aren't putting it to waste.  A brutal fight scene and then?  Peyton sees it all!  And Liv is forced to tell her!  And she freaks out!  Yeah, I can't blame her for being upset, but I hope it works out.  If nothing else, I want to see a moment where it finally dawns on Peyton why Liv has been so bizarre these past few months, and starts looking at past situations differently.

Too bad this means Ravi's Vertigo trip with Peyton has been shot to hell.  He seemed so excited!  Glad we got plenty of him tonight, and the hilarity never quit with him.  I only wish all coroners were like Ravi.

I see original zombie rat ended up dying, so now they have to try again.

I'm confused about the Major/Blaine stuff.  One moment, we see Major locking and loading, and getting ready for war.  Then, suddenly, Blaine's henchman has him tied up at the Meat Cue?  Did I miss a scene or something?  Unless Major let himself get captured and snuck his weapons in, but I really can't see that happening.  I guess the only reason he isn't going to die is because Blaine wants to know where he hid the brains, and I guess he doesn't want to risk just eating his brains and finding out that way.  But now he has Liv's brother (remember him?!), in his sights.  Oh, Blaine.  What are you planning, you undead bastard?

Probably one of my favorite episodes.  Just hilarious, great moments for Liv with the two brains, plenty of Ravi being awesome, Clive reaction shots, and Blaine being sinister as hell.

• Love 6

Not really. I call plot hole. Why wouldn't Blaine just slice open Major's head and eat his brains to find out where the astroburgers are?

Then he'd have to run around trying to get a vision of where Major hid the brains, that could take a lot of time. And Blaine doesn't seem like the person that likes to do a lot of work. 

I do agree that Rose McIver is giving Tatiana Malsany some competition on playing multiple characters. 

• Love 6

I think this was the best episode of the season.  Loved cheerleader Liv, and great lines all around for Ravi.  I loved the "can I ask you a question" bit with Major, and how it was totally not what Major thought it was going to be.  Very Ravi.  I was sort of surprised at the amount of screen time Peyton was getting, but that made sense in the end.  I'm glad someone in the circle finally knows.

One question... did Clive actually eat some of the brains on the pizza?  I guess we've been expecting something like that for about 1/2 the season, but still... ew.

• Love 7

One question... did Clive actually eat some of the brains on the pizza?  I guess we've been expecting something like that for about 1/2 the season, but still... ew.

Yeah, I forgot about that.  Although, really, I have no sympathy for Clive on that one.  Because a) is usually nice to ask first for a slice before just taking one and b) come on, Clive.  You take the slice that is already out on a napkin and obviously for someone else, instead of one from the box?  That's just rude.

But at least it was just mere human brains.  I've seen worse (like the time on Grimm, when Wu took the cookie that almost killed him.)

• Love 11

Best episode so far, show is really hitting its stride with more and more cases of the week tying into the season arc and it's not like it was a bad show early on.

And I think people are overstating how dumb Major is being.  He knows he sounds crazy and needs harder proof and has no idea as to the extent of Blaine's operation.  That is a situation where most realistic people would look dumb.

• Love 7

I want to think of Major as brave more than stupid. how many "heroes" rush in without thinking, and it's considered kick ass? But he does seem to be a little bit under written or under acted. He couldn't even wwait til Liv gave him the "test results"? He did try to get her on board when he told her "zombies are real" but she shut him down instead of telling him just how big of a conspiracy he was up against. And maybe that's because she herself is still in denial about how big of an opeation Blaine is running, but it's also part of her character all season to not be looking very hard. Major is way more proactive than she is, and I'm kind of glad someone is. I still don't know if she'd have gotten even a clue about what was happening if he hadn't been refusing to let the disappearance opf those teenagers go. Every step of the way, Liv is only really acting when major pushes her. If she had been doing anything at all, they could be a team but she's been just kind of living her life and ignoring things til each time he comes along and wakes her up again. So, despite how oddly undeveloped he still seems as a character, he's really been the primary motivation and plot driver for the entire season, as far as the show's underlying arc is concerned. The weekly cases have not been serving to connect the dots so much as they've been distracting, except when major comes along and makes a fuss.

I feel weird about it. I enjoy Liv more, but I kind of think Major is the better, braver person.

• Love 7

Loved this episode, I want more of cheerleader & stoner Liv, both made me laugh. I'm glad someone finally knows, but poor Peyton, that was a really bad way to find out, & it's probably going to take her some time before she's OK again. I also bet she's going to hold it against Ravi when she finds out he knew all the time. 

• Love 1

Peppy Liv was just awesome, And goddess, did this episode ever include some shipper bait for the Peyton/Liv and Ravi/Major.

I love that Peyton knows now. 

I am however puzzled who the heck the murderer was. The hitman gets out of the lake, gets run over, buried and then murders and eats the cheerleader, then two weeks later his aunt.. But the murder of the stoner and the assault on Bex's character was not him? The band leader trying to silence the other two? Hm. 

So, anyone else figure that the odds are pretty high Majors hostage situation is going to end in "Grenade" and a lot fewer zombie thugs?

• Love 1

Both peppy Liv and stoner Liv were great, as were Ravi and Clive's reactions to her. "Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!" "Don't go so Method."

No way a shitty high school band has a website that fancy.

Ravi and Major continue to be a delight. "What the hell kind of questions do people usually ask you?"

"Yes, please, let's be politically correct when speaking of zombies!"

The sketch artist returns! This is a Rob Thomas show!

That fight in the kitchen was great. I loved how realistic it was, no fancy choreography, just stabby stuff. Good job by the show to make the viewers both feel for Liv and understand Peyton.

God damn it, Major. What are you thinking? Are you even thinking?

Shit, what happened to the goth girl?

Oh, poor Ravi. You do look pretty damn good in that suit.

• Love 3

This episode really seemed to get the most milage out of Malcolm Goodwin's "WTF?!" face. I was cracking up over just some background shots of him looking at her being weird.

I'm confused about the Major/Blaine stuff. One moment, we see Major locking and loading, and getting ready for war. Then, suddenly, Blaine's henchman has him trussed up at the Meat Cue? Did I miss a scene or something? Unless Major let himself get captured and snuck his weapons in.

I assumed Major got himself caught at Meat Cute, so he could blow up the Candyman with Chekhov's grenade. (™ shapeshifter)

• Love 4

I'm still wondering what justification Clive has for taking up so much of Liv's time with his job... I mean he's a fairly lousy detective. Liv acts like someone off their meds pinballing from one extreme mood swing to another. So many dead bodies... so little time.

Major may be charging in reckless but at least he's TRYING something to deal with Blaine whereas Liv doesn't seem to give a rats ass about all the dead people in Blaine's wake. Never bothers to ask for an address for that meat place, doesn't even bother to try and get Blaine's info. Makes absolutely no effort to avenger Lowel.

So frustrating.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if that's part of being zombie, where she doesn't really care about human life unless she's eaten the brain of a victim and gets their personality. The Police Lieutenant doesn't seem to care about all the dead bodies. Liv may be eating already dead people but she's still eating people to survive.

I do think she said that from watching movies, she's seen that zombies have a pack mentality. It could be a protect your own kind unless they are an immediate threat to you, then you take them out. She could want to take out Blaine, but can't because she identifies more with him then with humans. If Blaine was about to kill Major or her brother, that's when Liv will be able to kill him. 

Did not expect Peyton to find out. I was sure the full on zombie mode fight would've been Major seeing it. Then she ran away, giving Liv a reason for her fear of the people closest to her finding out about her.

Loved seeing Bex, I wonder if Liv eats her brains next week?

I was fooled into thinking that the show had the huevos to kill Peyton off, and that Sebastian was already feasting on her brains.

My impression is that one of the Asshats got infected while dealing with Sebastian's body and is now zombified and is killing off the others. Bex's character has seemingly barely survived his attack and is now on the way to being a zombie. Which I would kind of like to see -- Liv getting a recurring zombie friend she can mentor. Sort of like an undead Sara-Sin relationship for those of you who watch Arrow.

Isn't putting peroxide on a wound a bad thing? I remember reading that it can actually slow healing.

Don't know about that, but if there's a chance that Peyton was infected and that peroxide might eliminate the infection, I could see why Liv might try it.

She could definitely give Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) a run for her money in an impersonation throw down.

Like another has said, eating someone isn't a guarantee to get specific visions of specific information. Probably better to torture the old fashioned way.

This does raise the question of what actually has happened to astro-brains. At least some were given to Liv for testing. We can presume Liv isn't actually testing them, however. So what has she done with them? And did she get all of them?

And I think people are overstating how dumb Major is being.  He knows he sounds crazy and needs harder proof and has no idea as to the extent of Blaine's operation.  That is a situation where most realistic people would look dumb.

I think one of the first things I would do if I knew there were zombies is get some additional proof and additional allies.

I believe Scott E told Major he was a survivor of the Lake Party Massacre and that he saw zombies there. (Or maybe I'm making that up). He knows that zombies can look normal from his encounters with the Candyman. So I would hope that if I were in Major's position, I would put two and two together and conclude that Liv might be a zombie.

We know the iZombieverse has at least some pop culture stuff about zombies because Major was playing a zombie-killing video game. 

And sorry, TM stands alone in the ability to carry off multiple characters. Much as I might commend Rose, the different versions of Liv aren't fully realized characters like the Clones are.

I am however puzzled who the heck the murderer was. The hitman gets out of the lake, gets run over, buried and then murders and eats the cheerleader, then two weeks later his aunt.. But the murder of the stoner and the assault on Bex's character was not him? The band leader trying to silence the other two? Hm. 

My theory is yes, band leader is now playing for Team Z, doesn't want the other Asshats to spill the beans that Zs exist.

I'm still wondering what justification Clive has for taking up so much of Liv's time with his job... I mean he's a fairly lousy detective. Liv acts like someone off their meds pinballing from one extreme mood swing to another. So many dead bodies... so little time.

Major may be charging in reckless but at least he's TRYING something to deal with Blaine whereas Liv doesn't seem to give a rats ass about all the dead people in Blaine's wake. Never bothers to ask for an address for that meat place, doesn't even bother to try and get Blaine's info. Makes absolutely no effort to avenger Lowel.

So frustrating.

Clive's justification is that Liv has allowed him to have a 100 percent clearance rate on the cases they've worked together. And she has a track record now that her visions have real legitimacy. I look forward to an episode where she has to help solve a murder and there are no brains for her to eat. So she pretends Shawn Spencer-style to have visions.

Presumably, Liv knows something about Meat Cute, as Lowell was getting delivery from there and identified his delivery service as Blaine's. 

• Love 7
(edited)

...My impression is that one of the Asshats got infected while dealing with Sebastian's body and is now zombified and is killing off the others. Bex's character has seemingly barely survived his attack and is now on the way to being a zombie. Which I would kind of like to see -- Liv getting a recurring zombie friend she can mentor...

I was thinking more frenemies than mentor-mentee, but I agree, if it moves, its' not dead.

...Don't know about that, but if there's a chance that Peyton was infected and that peroxide might eliminate the infection, I could see why Liv might try it....

Works for me!

ETA: Is it possible Peyton ran off because she is now a zombie?

...Like another has said, eating someone isn't a guarantee to get specific visions of specific information. Probably better to torture the old fashioned way....

Except it's pretty widely accepted now that torture does not provide good information because people will just make stuff up to stop the pain. But I suppose if Blaine is sure that Major knows where the brains were last seen, it would work. *grumble grumble frickin lazy torture plots*

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
And sorry, TM stands alone in the ability to carry off multiple characters. Much as I might commend Rose, the different versions of Liv aren't fully realized characters like the Clones are.

Completely agree on Tatiana Maslany. Love Rose McIver, but so far no one can really beat her.

I liked the episode but sorry, Major is too stupid to live. I think he's pretty and a very good guy, but he's the only character I can't "feel" and I strongly suspect the reason is he's dumb. It doesn't help that he's the protagonist's main love interest and doesn't really have any chemistry with her (seriously: Liv/Rose McIver has chemistry with Ravi, with Clive, with our late Lowell and even with Blaine -to be fair, lots of chemistry with David Anders!- but I see none with Robert Buckley). They're trying too hard to make me root for him but I just can't. What did he have in mind, if anything?

Of course I guess that, by the season finale, Major will either be dead or a zombie because, unless Ravi suddenly finds the ultimate cure to zombiesm, how can the writers manage to create some romance between them if they don't belong to the same... hum... family? And what about the trope: "He becomes what he hates the most"?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Major will be zombiefied so that he and Liv can get back together. Although I don't like the idea. At all.

Poor Peyton. And I feel so sorry for Ravi and their SF week-end!

On a shallow note, David Anders is so hot that I never really 100% hate him. Even as Julian Sark. :)

• Love 4

I need to rewatch, but when Teresa walked into the motel room there was blood all over the pillow, right? So why did she keep walking in?

(Or was that just a terribly unfortunate linen pattern?)

• Love 3

I was fooled into thinking that the show had the huevos to kill Peyton off, and that Sebastian was already feasting on her brains.

We know the iZombieverse has at least some pop culture stuff about zombies because Major was playing a zombie-killing video game.

Me, too re: Sebastian eating Peyton. TPTB may not have done it, but at least they thought about it.

The iZombieverse definitely has pop culture zombies (unlike The Walking Dead). In "Astroburger," Peyton asked the others, "Has anybody been watching Zombie High? I hear Season 2's amazing." And this episode, wasn't Major watching some asshat (not The Asshats) on YouTube bragging about how his shotgun will take a zombie's head off?

We all complain about how stupid Major is, but at least he's Googling. (And even Blaine's cronies acknowledge he has good hair.) 

• Love 3

I need to rewatch, but when Teresa walked into the motel room there was blood all over the pillow, right? So why did she keep walking in?

I think it fits well with the I Know What You Did Last Summer teen horror theme of the episode.

The only think missing was the requisite person of color getting whacked by the zombie in the first scene, which is now so cliché that it really has to be done humorously with said POC surviving, which wouldn't have fit easily since Bex Taylor-Klaus is pretty vanilla.

(Or was that just a terribly unfortunate linen pattern?)

Judging by one of the pics in the recap, I'm going with terribly unfortunate linen pattern.

Of course I guess that, by the season finale, Major will either be dead or a zombie because, unless Ravi suddenly finds the ultimate cure to zombiesm, how can the writers manage to create some romance between them if they don't belong to the same... hum... family? And what about the trope: "He becomes what he hates the most"?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Major will be zombiefied so that he and Liv can get back together. Although I don't like the idea. At all.

As things stand now, it's a gender- and human-monster swapped Buffy-Angel sort of thing. 

I was thinking more frenemies than mentor-mentee, but I agree, if it moves, its' not dead.

Works for me!

ETA: Is it possible Peyton ran off because she is now a zombie?

Except it's pretty widely accepted now that torture does not provide good information because people will just make stuff up to stop the pain. But I suppose if Blaine is sure that Major knows where the brains were last seen, it would work. *grumble grumble frickin lazy torture plots*

On Bex, maybe the more appropriate comparison would be Zombie Mac?

On Peyton, that would be interesting but I'm guessing no. I kind of wish she were a zombie though.

On torture, even as widely accepted as it is that torture doesn't work, real life people still will do it, unfortunately.

• Love 1

Lowell also talked about how he watched Zombieland differently now. Ravi and Liv were watching a black and white zombie movie in the first episode. In this world everyone knows about zombies in pop culture.

I like seeing the different reactions to the zombies. Major's like must kill them all, Ravi was like awesome, zombies! and Peyton actually seeing two full on zombies (one being her best friend) fighting runs away. 

Having played the TellTale Walking Dead Game, I died in about five minutes fighting my first zombie. Which would probably be me in real life. Lol. 

• Love 6

Hands down, best episode of the season. I thought the scene titles were especially great. I loved Liv's telling her secret to Peyton, that was gutwrenching. Awesome fight scene too. I also questioned why a teen (Yay! Bex! Another great pull from the Vancouver actor pool), who is clearly up to date on her teen horror movie cliches, would walk into a motel room where there was blood on the pillow. She should be running out the front door, it's insulting! I was on the fence about sticking with this show for another season, but after this episode I am definitely giving it a season pass.

• Love 2

come on, Clive.  You take the slice that is already out on a napkin and obviously for someone else, instead of one from the box?  That's just rude.

I was expecting a reaction to it being double-jalapeno. He's lucky she doesn't order her pizzas from somewhere that will put the hot sauce on for you.

Re: Meat Cute Amnesia from the recap. It's quite plausible that the deterioration that requires zombies to feed could cause memory problems.

• Love 1

Really enjoyed the episode. I loved Stoner Liv and Cheerleader Liv. I especially loved her scene with the dead girl's best friend.

I'm glad Peyton knows now. I think she probably will be mad at Ravi when she finds out he knew. But I think when she has enough time to process the information, she'll be able to at least talk some more with Liv and try and deal with it.

I continue to love Ravi and Major's relationship. Ravi's line about what kind of questions do people normally ask Major was hilarious.

I definitely think people are overstating how dumb Major is being. He's definitely being reckless, but I think he's going about this in the best way he knows how. I appreciate that like Ravi, he's actually being proactive and trying to do something about it, unlike Liv. Major's already gone to the cops and been laughed off and got his ass kicked. He's been driven to putting himself in a mental hospital. He's turned to his friends and been lied to and been sort of given the run around. But he's trying to do research on how to kill zombies. He probably went to Meat Cute to scope it out and get a lay of the land. He was smart enough, when he posed as the health inspector, to know enough details to convincingly fool Blaine. He's armed himself with weapons. It would be great if he wasn't doing this alone and had some kind of back-up, but again when he's told people stuff before it hasn't worked out so well for him. So I'm not sure what else he should be doing.

• Love 11
(edited)

I also questioned why a teen (Yay! Bex! Another great pull from the Vancouver actor pool), who is clearly up to date on her teen horror movie cliches, would walk into a motel room where there was blood on the pillow. She should be running out the front door, it's insulting!

Speaking of Canadian actors, Rhys Ward (Cameron) plays Adam Darrow on A&E's The Returned.

Either he gets typecast as psycho killers, or somebody else was texting Teresa.

ETA I like that Peyton got more character development. She likes Ravi because he's geeky yet confident—like the boy next door, Larry Gable, with whom she hung out "until puberty made things weird."

Edited by editorgrrl

I'm guessing that "Dick" is probably the guy who killed the remaining Asshats- I suspect they got their hands on the Max Rager file somehow, since it was prominently mentioned in the previouslys and they were killed over some piece of "stuff" per the cell phone messages.

I have never adored Ravi so much as when he told Liv to "B.E. aggressive."

• Love 3

Probably the best episode so far, or one of. Loved basically everything. Let's see:

- The opening was hilarious, the references to You Know What We Did Last Summer were great.

- Cheerleader brain was both sweet and funny. Loved the Peyton/Liv girlfriend-y scene. I should have realized then something's going to happen to her but I was so engrossed (not to mention a bit drunk) that I didn't even think about it. 

- And speaking about friendships, Ravi/Major were actually cute too. Overall, this episode had just the right amount of Major for me - and of course, his stupid behavior has finally had consequences. Oh Major.

- Ravi! God I love him more with every new episode. I was so sad that Hope died not because it meant Live wouldn't be cured but because Ravi actually bought a toy for her.

- How is it Clive still doesn't notice Liv's strange behavior? I mean, she switched from cheerleader brain to stoner brain and her mannerisms totally changed. He's a detective, he should be curious.

- I kinda suspect Peyton's going to bite it in the finale. She's just a guest star and now knows Liv's secret. Plus, it could motivate Ravi too.

- The only thing I didn't catch was Nate's murder - why wasn't the brain eaten? I have a few theories but nothing has been stated in the ep itself, right?

• Love 3
(edited)

I also think Clive should be more interested in Liv's many personalities, unless he thinks she's an intrusive, peppy, anti-social, motherly, bixsexual artist and trivia nut that knows about guns that also drinks and smokes pot.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

The only thing I didn't catch was Nate's murder - why wasn't the brain eaten? I have a few theories but nothing has been stated in the ep itself, right?

The killer didn't take Nate's brains -- so Liv and Ravi knew it wasn't Sebastian.  Moreover, Nate was killed because his killer wanted money.  Cameron is the most likely subject.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm wondering if that's part of being zombie, where she doesn't really care about human life unless she's eaten the brain of a victim and gets their personality. The Police Lieutenant doesn't seem to care about all the dead bodies. Liv may be eating already dead people but she's still eating people to survive.

I do think she said that from watching movies, she's seen that zombies have a pack mentality. It could be a protect your own kind unless they are an immediate threat to you, then you take them out. She could want to take out Blaine, but can't because she identifies more with him then with humans. If Blaine was about to kill Major or her brother, that's when Liv will be able to kill him. 

She apparently cares enough about murder to go out and solve non zombie related murders for Clive. Who never really bothers to ask her any questions about how she got her visions or even has a partner or boss to sit in on his interviews. Dude has no oversight at his job... which is weird.

And yet she seems to be very lazy. She doesn't help in trying to solve her zombieism letting Ravi spend all his free personal time solving her medical problem. She doesn't even try and investigate the string of murders that Blaine is responsible for even after he walks in to her workplace after killing her bf.

Major is doing all the heavy lifting for her when it comes to Blaine and he's doing it alone because Ravi and Liv both are LYING TO HIM. If either of them just laid it out that there are lots of crazy zombies and he shouldn't go out on his own to try and solve it, then I'd be on the Major is stupid train but Liv goes out all the time on her own chasing murderers with guns who with a single clean shot to the brain could kill her too and noone bats an eye at her recklessness but Major gets called stupid for trying to stop the murder of the teenagers in the city.

Why is Major stupid for endangering his life for trying to solve multiple homicides and yet Liv is not criticised when any of her many felonies could land her in jail where she'd be deprived her source of brains and could start a zombie apocalypse ? It's confusing for me.'

That said Liv has killed one person (it didn't stick) and killed 2 zombies so far. When is she going to do something about Blaine and his murder for money scheme ?

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 5

Liv's a zombie who stabbed a guy with the knife that was through her hand. She can handle getting shot and stabbed without any damage to her person. Yes, she can get shot in the head but unless they are sniper or know she's a zombie, people don't usually aim for the head, they aim for the chest, the biggest center of mass. Much like Major did with Julian. Which wouldn't hurt Liv in the slightest. 

Major's stupid because he keeps going after these people that beat him up easily and threw him like he was a rag doll. He knows they are serial killers (and now zombies), yet he gets in the trunk of their car like he has a death wish. I get why he's doing it but it seems like he has no regard for his own life while doing it. He can't get justice for those kids if he's dead. It's luck and plot convenience that's keeping breathing. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Liv's a zombie who stabbed a guy with the knife that was through her hand. She can handle getting shot and stabbed without any damage to her person. Yes, she can get shot in the head but unless they are sniper or know she's a zombie, people don't usually aim for the head, they aim for the chest, the biggest center of mass. Much like Major did with Julian. Which wouldn't hurt Liv in the slightest. 

Major's stupid because he keeps going after these people that beat him up easily and threw him like he was a rag doll. He knows they are serial killers (and now zombies), yet he gets in the trunk of their car like he has a death wish. I get why he's doing it but it seems like he has no regard for his own life while doing it. He can't get justice for those kids if he's dead. It's luck and plot convenience that's keeping breathing. 

Liv was knocked unconscious and if that enforcer wasn't so weird and rapey he would have thrown her overboard with a concrete block around her ankle. Only thing that saved her from being fish food was plot contrivance and that was her running off with no help chasing an organisation responsible for the rage blackouts.

Speaking for her being stabbed in the hand. By all human logic she would have been checked out by a paramedic/doctor after being in a violent murderous altercation and guess what she would have been exposed as a zombie. Yet she keeps getting into these situations where she could be exposed as a zombie and noone cares about her actions maybe leading to a zombie apocalypse because of reasons?

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 2

But what exactly is he supposed to do? Should he contact the cops? Oh, wait he already did that and got his ass kicked and was laughed at and told he was crazy. That's all without knowing that the chief cop is in Blaine's back pocket anyway. Should he go to the press? Oh, wait he already did that and he got his ass kicked and the reporter ended up dead. Should he turn to his friends? Oh, wait he already did that and got condescended to and lied to and made to seem like he was crazy. Should he act like Liz, who basically doesn't give a shit about the kids being murdered until it inconveniences her life in some way. It's not that he has some death wish. But he's not about to sit around while kids are getting murdered and sit on his hands.

• Love 14

Only thing that saved her from being fish food was plot contrivance and that was her running off with no help chasing an organisation responsible for the rage blackouts.

Well, and the fact that she doesn't need to breathe, so if she'd just gone over the side she'd have had all the time in the world to untangle herself from the chains or drag herself to shore by walking along the bottom.
  • Love 6