Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Jeremy London/David & Jackie Siegel

Jeremy London's wife leaves behind her ranch and daily chores in Oklahoma City and switches places with Jackie Siegel, wife of billionaire David Siegel, who lives in an Orlando mansion staffed with about 30 employees.

Jeremy's the one who told the story about being kidnapped and forced to smoke crack…which was apparently true (who knew?). He's also the one who was on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.

• Love 1

This was just weird.  I know nothing about the Siegels.  Did she actually have all those kids?  

I think having the nanny teach babies to crawl is really going too far.  I can't imagine missing those moments.  

Knowing nothing about either couple or heard of either of them, the people with the one kid did seem down to earth. The Siegal lady was right about one thing though, they do have to ditch the kid once in a while.  Although not to the point where your kids are pretty much saying just leave already.  

• Love 3

If anyone was wondering since the documentary aired whether or not the adult Siegels are still super gross people, I guess now they know the answer is a resounding YES.

I'm glad Jeremy got away from the Hollywood party scene that was doing him no good and made a healthy life that he truly enjoys.  His family is sweet.

My prediction is that the "Versailles" house will never be finished and the Siegels will never live in it.  Clearly, not a single lesson was learned from the financial crash a few years ago that threatened to strip them of everything...they are living more wastefully than ever. 

• Love 3

I think 'Queen of Versailles' is still on Netflix.  And those people are nuts.  And, from the looks of it...the house hasn't been touched since they had to put things on hold during the filming of Queen of Versailles.  It seriously doesn't look like they place has been touched.  (also telling that, if they are building it...where are the construction workers?  Did ANYONE see one on the show last night? Looked like no one was there doing anything...except walking through the shell of a potential house.) One thing that the documentary seemed to bring up that was totally glossed over in WS - Seigel had a 'TV room that he basically holed himself up in and I think the kids had to 'request' time with him.  If someone else can clarify that -- but I remember there was some very oddball rules about how the kids could interact with pops.  (And, during the doc...the crash hit them hard - they are hemoragging cash...and she is bringing home TRUCKLOADS of Target shopping trips on a daily basis.   (vacation rentals in mid-build are hard to finish when banks won't loan money, and vacation rentals that ARE built don't get rented when people have no money.)

Jason was the one who got arrested/had major 'issues.'  Jeremy seemed pretty normal. 

• Love 2

I "heart" Juliette!  I thought she was great with all those kids.

David is a creeper.  He could not keep his hands to himself and it was icky to watch.

I agree with those here that they'll never move into Versailles.  Neither of them are young enough to outlast construction, if in fact construction is actually happening.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh, those Siegel people are truly disgusting and deserve each other.  Their poor children will be a mess from growing up in such a neglected environment, surrounded by every material possession they could possibly dream of.  Poor kids were literally hanging on Juliette when it was time for her to leave.  She was the only mother they've ever known!

What a crock, when Juliette planned the camping trip and the creeper dad bailed, stating "I have work to do", after bragging non-stop about all his "staff" he hires to do everything for him. 

Do these people honestly believe that people envy their lifestyle?  Delusional!  They are emotionally bankrupt!

I did appreciate that these two couples were actually married.

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 5

After having eight kids Jackie had not ever changed a diaper!  Changing Wyatt was the first time she had attempted to diaper a baby.  I so wanted Wyatt to pee in her face so she could fully experience the joys of caring for a boy child.

• Love 6

How does a woman who is "afraid of babies" give birth to 8 of them?  and that Siegel guy is a major CREEP.  he really did expect that any woman would be happy to have sex with him once they knew he had tons of money. 

• Love 2

The documentary on the Siegel's was interesting in the sense that it was interesting to watch two adult people who truly deserved each other. I remember in the documentary they had a pet lizard that no one bothered to feed. It died. When Jackie confronted a couple of the kids about it, one of them said "No one would take me to the pet store." Sad. So just let the animal die.  No excuse for allowing a pet to die or not getting it food at the pet store considering they had a limo driver on hand who took Jackie to McDonald's in that limo.

Another thing I remember from the documentary is, there was dog shit all over the house. Something else was the Filipino ladies they had working for them that were featured in the documentary, were nowhere in sight on last night's episode.

I don't get why anyone would want to live in such a huge mansion like Versailles. David won't live long enough to live in it, if it ever gets built. His ugly ass nose bothers me.

Jackie had all those kids to ensure her financial future.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't get the comments about how the years have not been good to Jeremy London.   He looks like a normal, handsome 40 year old man.  When the world judges people according to whether or not they look as trim and firm at 40 as they did at 20,  people start to think they NEED botox and cosmetic surgery to be acceptable.

More power to anyone who rejects the Hollywood lifestyle and accepts that you can look your age.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 20

I don't get the comments about how the years have not been good to Jeremy London.   He looks like a normal, handsome 4 year old man.  When the world judges people according to whether or not they look as trim and firm at 40 as they did at 20,  people start to think they NEED botox and cosmetic surgery to be acceptable.

More power to anyone who rejects the Hollywood lifestyle and accepts that you can look your age.

The 40-something guys I see in my circle look younger than Jeremy does.  And they have stressful jobs.  Some might be a little chunkier than they were at 20 and may have lost a bit of hair, too.  Maybe ranch life is different from the mostly lawyers, doctors, accountants, marketing, creative and financial people in my circle. 

(edited)

I haven't wanted to post about this ep until now....but let me just say that the level of disgust I feel about the Siegels is.....boundless. I feel so sorry for their children. David is supposedly 80 years old, according to wikipedia. One creepy dude. Jackie (his third wife) is supposedly 49 years old. Gross, gross, people.

I liked  Jeremy and Juliet. They seemed down to earth, and she was great with all those desperately neglected children.

Edited by Janimo
  • Love 6

The 40-something guys I see in my circle look younger than Jeremy does.  And they have stressful jobs.  Some might be a little chunkier than they were at 20 and may have lost a bit of hair, too.  Maybe ranch life is different from the mostly lawyers, doctors, accountants, marketing, creative and financial people in my circle. 

Yeah, some people look better than him, and some people look worse.   We all age, if we're lucky.

I guess my comment was more about judging someone who stays out of the limelight for not looking like he used to, and then also judging someone else for trying to look like SHE used to, for having "botox parties".

It's that double-bind  celebs  are put in - they either get criticism for looking their age, ("the years have not been kind", they've let themselves go, etc)   OR they get criticized for nipping and tucking and botoxing ("had some work done") .  Criticism  no matter which route they take. 

I think Jeremy London looks fine - not movie-star fine, but normal.  And the more I saw of him on this show, the more I liked his personality, and then he looked even better to me.  He and his wife seem like normal people who have their priorities straight and are enjoying life. 

the other couple looked like a horny old drunk and his bought and paid for trophy wife.   They are a wealthy version of hoarders, accumulating more "stuff"  than they can possibly use, (nobody needs more than one private plane)  and never appreciating what's really important. 

• Love 6
(edited)

So has David Sigel actually recovered financially or are they still living in delusion. That monstrosity "Versailles" looked like nothing had been done to it since they had to stop construction do to money issues in 2011/2012. I wonder if their housekeeper still lives in the kids tree house.

I thought Jeremy was a little sanctimonious but David and Jackie were so awful I could see reacting that way.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Supposedly David has recovered financially but, the way the Siegels live, I can see it happening again, especially when David keels over and Jackie is left with money to burn. Not that she isn't already, but with David out of the picture, it will be worse.

Jeremy London and his wife seem so in love and appreciate what they have.

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved the WTF??? faces Jeremy made, they were excellent.  I need some screen shots of him screwing up his face in bewilderment and disgust because I like to use pics like that sometimes instead of words when I text with friends.  I think Jeremy looks just fine for his age.  I don't expect anyone to look the same at 40 as the did at 20, it's an impossible standard to hold to anyone.  I find him much more attractive as a husband, father and rancher than I would if he was living in Hollywood wearing cheesy clothes, getting $200 haircuts, and obsessing over his appearance.  Regular men who are good people and comfortable in their own skin are yummy to me.

I'm honestly shocked that David has kept Jackie this long, since she's his third wife - a history like that implies that she would normally be the ex-wife somewhere in the middle of a long list of ex-wives.  The time to trade up was a while back, Davey!  What happened, you couldn't lure another young blonde into your lair once it was filled with kids everywhere?  Guess he figured out he's not actually Hugh Hefner, after all.   I personally don't think Jackie looks like a trophy wife now, she looks like exactly what she is, an older woman who doesn't have excellent genes to fall back on, desperately clinging to youth in all the misguided and wrong ways, but it's exactly what I would expect from someone of her apparent intelligence and self-absorption level.  She doesn't have the natural beauty youth gives everyone anymore, so she tries to conjure up the illusion of beauty with enormous clothes, shoes, hair and makeup.  She is made of busted smoke and mirrors, with the added jazz hands of  "I just LOVE having lots of sexy times with my 80 year old husband, we get it on ALL the time, we are always doing the sex, because I am VERY sexy!".

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 11

Jackie seems like a former trailer park chick who got "lucky" and snagged herself a wealthy, horny older guy...and proceeded to spit out children to secure her financial future. Those two are utterly classless and vulgar, and, I'm sorry, but physically repulsive as well.

• Love 4

It is heartbreaking. Very, very sad.

I told my spouse, I wonder how long she was laying there before anyone even knew she was in need of medical attention? Those kids were left to their own devices, with no adult around in that huge mansion. I'd hate to think that poor child was in need of help, but no one was around. Where was all the help??

• Love 2

How very, very sad that this happened.  May Victoria being resting in peace.  After seeing the episode, it made me feel so sad for the children.  It was clear to me the children were left to be raised by someone other than the two people who created them.  And they seemed so proud of that fact that is was disgusting.  But as much as I want to vent about David and Jackie, a part of me feels bad for them. I hope they realize that after giving birth, and handing the children over to others to raise, you will cherish the children they created and show them the love they deserve.  And that's by actual love and contact, not nanny and others giving that love.

• Love 1

I wonder how Jeremy's wife is feeling about her death? She seemed extremely sad at how the kids were left on their own and how they didn't have much interaction with their parents. I know she likely had a place in her heart for those kids. She came off as a very loving woman who clearly adored children.

• Love 5

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/queen-of-versailles-victoria-siegel-dies-18-201576

She announced her daughter's death on her Facebook page?!!?  That just strikes me as awful.  

I'm not sure I understand why this is "awful." Facebook is a way to communicate with people who want to know what's going on in your life, even if it's bad news.

I wonder how Jeremy's wife is feeling about her death? 

Jeremy tweeted that they were both devastated by the news.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kudos to Jeremy for leaving Hollywood behind. He has a beautiful home and beautiful land. You can tell his life is full of love which is way more than I say about the Siegels. The kids do their own thing while the mom walks around acting like everything is kosher and normal. And dad doesn't give a shit about much of anything. He brightened up when Jeremy's wife was in the house because he was attracted to her. Aside from that, he had no interest in his kids. The Siegel home will never be finished. It looks like there has been no progress made since the original documentary. In the documentary, the family had very little staff - I remember two housekeepers who doubled as nannies and a depressed chauffeur who wasn't getting paid. How can the family afford the staff that was in this episode?

I don't see why Jeremy and his wife need a nanny if that's not what they want. I get that they should have some alone time, but I thought Jeremy had a very good point about being pissed if a nanny saw his son crawl before he could. This is time he will not get back with the baby. Soon enough, Wyatt will be 16 and embarrassed to hang out with his parents. LOL... In the QOV doc, Jackie said if she had known she wouldn't be able to have nannies for the kids, she wouldn't have had so many. That is very sad to me. You can tell from the doc and this episode that the kids don't have a good relationship with their dad. I kind of wish Jeremy and his wife could adopt all of the Siegel kids. I think they'd love it on the farm.

RIP to the Siegel daughter. That's awful. I read that a housekeeper found her.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I was a nanny for 10 years for a loving family so I don't think that because someone has a nanny they don't love their kids.  Thing that stinks is once the kids are grown the nanny is out even though you gave them all the love & caring you had. 

I did however feel sorry for the eight kids.  How sad that they just seemed to be on their own.  Those parents seemed more impressed with their material things.

Jeremy's son was adorable. He seemed to smile for the camera a few times LOL

• Love 2

Jeremy tweeted that they were both devastated by the news

Thank you. Oh. I can't even imagine how they are feeling. I think Jeremy's wife (sorry, forgot her name. Shame on me.) had hoped that something positive would come out of this. I think she went into this with not much thought. But, when it was over, and the wives went back to their lives, she had a different feeling about this whole thing. I think Jeremy's wife really hoped to make a mark and that her feelings would be heard for the sake of the kids. Those kids, regardless of the fact the daughter was an adult, looked like they really appreciated having the attention they received from Jeremy's wife.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thank you. Oh. I can't even imagine how they are feeling. I think Jeremy's wife (sorry, forgot her name. Shame on me.) had hoped that something positive would come out of this. I think she went into this with not much thought. But, when it was over, and the wives went back to their lives, she had a different feeling about this whole thing. I think Jeremy's wife really hoped to make a mark and that her feelings would be heard for the sake of the kids. Those kids, regardless of the fact the daughter was an adult, looked like they really appreciated having the attention they received from Jeremy's wife.

I don't normally follow any of them on Twitter, but I looked up their accounts after this news came out. Jeremy and Jackie both seemed to be promoting the show (as expected) and saying they had a good time. Jackie said "follow my good friend Juliet" (Jeremy's wife), but Juliet's account was private when I clicked on it. Not sure if it was already that way, or she closed it after the news of Victoria's death. She did seem to have a very positive experience with the kids, and I think only David came off as totally unredeemable/unlikeable for the entire episode. The other three adults were all more or less good sports about the whole thing, although I'm sure it's a terrible memory for them now.

ETA: Here are some of Jeremy's tweets about the situation. Basically, he says the Siegels are a real, loving family, he and Juliet both got to know Victoria, and that she was a "beautiful soul… in obvious pain."

https://twitter.com/SirJeremyLondon/status/607654980779048961 

https://twitter.com/SirJeremyLondon/status/607961379761356800 

https://twitter.com/SirJeremyLondon/status/607961379761356800

https://twitter.com/SirJeremyLondon/status/607962900129579008

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 4

How very, very sad that this happened.  May Victoria being resting in peace.  After seeing the episode, it made me feel so sad for the children.  It was clear to me the children were left to be raised by someone other than the two people who created them.  And they seemed so proud of that fact that is was disgusting.  But as much as I want to vent about David and Jackie, a part of me feels bad for them. I hope they realize that after giving birth, and handing the children over to others to raise, you will cherish the children they created and show them the love they deserve.  And that's by actual love and contact, not nanny and others giving that love.

First of all, I am saddened to hear of the death and may Victoria rest in peace.  However, nannies and other childcare providers are a very real situation.  Not everyone can have a parent staying at home.  Practically everyone I know either sends their children to daycare or has someone come in on a daily basis to help.  It's just a way of life, especially when both parents work. 

• Love 4

I can't bring myself to rewatch the show "On Demand," but was wondering if Victoria was shown on this ep. There were so many kids I didn't pay very much attention to them 'cause there were so many......but I did feel so sorry for them for the "neglect" (strictly my opinion) they were getting from their parents. I'm glad they got to spend some time with Juliet.

RIP, Victoria.

Realistically, those people are set for the rest of their lives.  Neither has to work.  I think the old dude uses work and position as an excuse to not have to spend time with his kids.  I don't know what the queen does.  I understand people need to use others, occasionally, to help with the kids, but after eight babies and never changing a diaper, that is totally hands off child rearing.  She even expected the nanny to teach her children how to crawl.  Kids don't need that.  They learn on their own.  I think she really only needed one kid to seal her fortune, but she had eight.  Eight kids all reared by other people.  

• Love 1

First of all, I am saddened to hear of the death and may Victoria rest in peace. However, nannies and other childcare providers are a very real situation. Not everyone can have a parent staying at home. Practically everyone I know either sends their children to daycare or has someone come in on a daily basis to help. It's just a way of life, especially when both parents work.

I'll get a lot of crap for this I'm sure but I think kids were so much better off when stay at home moms were the norm. I think a lot of parents can make a few sacrifices and have a parent stay home to raise the kids, but they choose not to.

So sad about Victoria. I too wonder how long she was lying there dying before they found her.

• Love 6
(edited)

First of all, I am saddened to hear of the death and may Victoria rest in peace.  However, nannies and other childcare providers are a very real situation.  Not everyone can have a parent staying at home.  Practically everyone I know either sends their children to daycare or has someone come in on a daily basis to help.  It's just a way of life, especially when both parents work. 

Except, these two "parents" have the time to be at home, but choose not to spend it with their children. As much as David likes to make himself appear to be a very busy man, the times he is home and is available to spend time with his kids, he chooses not to. I grew up with the help of a nanny-type person, but not because no one could do their job at being a parent. It was to keep things organized and clean in the home and tend to our needs at times when the parents were unavailable due to their work. But, when our parents were home, we were given a lot of attention and we spent time together as a family. David and Jackie couldn't even bother to sit down at the dinner table as a family. In the documentary, David would go to his private room and eat there away from everyone.

Jackie is off spending money and shopping. She doesn't have a real job. Besides, her job should be at home with those kids. If she needs a nanny and a housekeeper, fine, have them. But a nanny or nannies should never be a replacement for parenting.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

LOL what job does Jackie have?  Shopping? Botox parties? I never said it wasn't a real situation and didn't condemn anyone who did .  I'm specifically commenting on these parents, who were so proud of the fact that they didn't take care of their children at all (other than financially supporting them).  Someone else is raising, not helping, their children. 

• Love 2

Having seen "The Queen if Versailles" I will say Jackie came much closer to her children than was portrayed on the three minute snippets on this show. This is probably the first time since they were born that David gave a shit about any of his kids (including the one in his fifties) because as young attractive blonde who wasn't going to fuck him rewarded him with hugs when he managed to pretend to pay attention to the son who's name he dosent knlow.

• Love 1

I didn't see the show.  Only saw stills of her at the funeral.  There were a couple of additional pictures thrown in as well.  Her boobs were popping out of every damned thing she wore.  I take it she didn't use said boobs to feed her babies.  She was highly inappropriate for a funeral in the dress and in every other photo as well.  Looked like a Kardashian wannabe.  Poor kids.  Orphans with money.