Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Boiling Point

• Start Topic

Farrah: in regards to people questioning the weird photo shoot. Sophia had a glamour/Hollywood/Oscars type birthday party, so I am guessing this shoot was for invites or something related to that.

Are we supposed to believe Sophia chose that theme all on her own?

• Love 6
(edited)

Tyler and Catelynn are in a toxic, lazy, parasitic relationship. Did Dr. Jen point this out to them when they were on Couples Therapy? They are too comfortable in the relationship, and they passively give each other permission to do nothing but breed. Catelynn may be fat, but Tyler is completely uneducated and without a single skill in life. And now he's father to two kids. I don't think either of them will improve anything about their lives while they're in the relationship. Only when they have to go find another partner will they lose weight, get a job, and get some ambition and motivation. I've seen so many people who didn't lose weight for years, and then lost a 100 pounds after they got divorced. At this point, Catelynn doesn't need to lose weight, because Tyler has nowhere to go. He's stuck with her even if she gains 600 pounds and ends up on My 600 Pound Life. Because at this point, Tyler is a huge loser.

I hate to defend Tyler, but aren't they both uneducated and void of any meaningful life skills?

I didn't watch Couples Therapy, but I agree that they are in a toxic and lazy relationship. They feed off of one another's weakness and they both have way too much time on their hands and spend too much time together. We don't see either one develop any interests or hobbies of their own. I think when they're not filming their time is spent partying with their friends (a little less so now with the new baby), and the occasional PR they do for Bethany. We've never even seen Tyler so much as pick up a book, so I'm sceptical that he's even enrolled in one class. These two are good at stretching the truth so I'm side eyeing Tyler's claim that he's only got 2 years left to graduate with a "psychology degree". Yeah riight. And where did the other 2+ years worth of credits appear from?

I doubt very much that Cate will be wearing that wedding dress in August. She would have to really work hard at it and discipline herself over the next 10-12 weeks. She should buy a dress she loves that fits and continue working on her diet and eating habits long term. And learn how to cook. Weight Watchers offers recipes online, I think -- Tyler could look it up! I think they spend a lot of money buying pizza, fast food and Subway. She'll have a lot more control over sodium, fat, sugar, fiber, carbs and calories when she prepares her own food vs take out. And she can load up on wonderful fresh vegetables this time of year -- I would love to see C & T grow a vegetable garden. She could learn to make baby food for Nova with fresh veggies. I actually think she might enjoy it.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 4
I think Maci is referring to a booster seat.... many of them look like carseats because they have a back to them.  But they have to have the booster so the seatbelt sits in the right place on their body so it works appropriately.

Personally, I think Ryan should know better, and it isn't difficult to use a booster.  He would think differently if Bentley got hurt or was killed from not using one, and that is the sad thing.

Exactly. Seats in a car are built with adults in mind. The booster gives you the height advantage so your seatbelt will work properly. A booster IS easy. I can take mine out of my car and put it into my husband's in a matter of seconds. My oldest can even do his own seatbelt. It's so easy, why would you not want your child to have an extra safety precaution??? I just don't get it.

I think Maci is referring to a booster seat.... many of them look like carseats because they have a back to them.  But they have to have the booster so the seatbelt sits in the right place on their body so it works appropriately.

Personally, I think Ryan should know better, and it isn't difficult to use a booster.  He would think differently if Bentley got hurt or was killed from not using one, and that is the sad thing.

Exactly. Seats in a car are built with adults in mind. The booster gives you the height advantage so your seatbelt will work properly. A booster IS easy. I can take mine out of my car and put it into my husband's in a matter of seconds. My oldest can even do his own seatbelt. It's so easy, why would you not want your child to have an extra safety precaution??? I just don't get it.

When I see Michael kow-towing and kissing Farrah's ass every single time he's shown, I could scream.  It's obvious both her parents have let her rule the roost since she was probably in the womb, and they're paying for it now.  Even the fact that she calls him Michael makes me think she's always been able to say anything she wants and walk all over them. She's completely disrespectful, and if her parents had a clue they'd let her fend for herself.  Unfortunately it seems as though they're attached to her coattails for the MTV money, and then there's Baby Goo to consider.  Oh well, you reap what you sow.  So do you, Farrah, so good luck with that.  You're a nasty, miserable person.

• Love 10

Really, who wants to wear a a wedding dress that was in style 2 years ago (almost 3 by the time the wedding is scheduled to take place)?

Anyway, I thought that rhinestone-encrusted dress was just awful.

• Love 1

Seriously, shut the hell up Tyler. Also statement of the episode for me might be Ambers "When we got home, Matt was still mad so he punched a wall.." and I don't know about you, but I'm thinking if my boyfriend did this, I would at least get another hotel room for myself. Seriously WTF. Also, good job on wasting your money on that psychic you saw in Vegas.

I think the most excited I have ever heard Ryan was his "hell yes!" when his food arrived when he was with Taylor, Maci, and Shelby. Also, FAIL MTV, where were Larry and Jen??!?!?!

At the VERY LEAST. I might be in the minority here but I do NOT need a big strong aggressive man. I'm a very relaxed, passive person and the second a guy gets angry like that, even if it's 30 seconds of road rage, I'm walking. I can't sympathize with someone whose first instinct is to get angry. I sure as hell am not going to just get over it and cuddle like Amber did.

I agree, these kids (yeah, I know Matt's pushing 50 but he's a childish dolt) need therapy not a couples' tarot reading. But those psychics need a spinoff. Maybe Hot Grandpa Larry can host it, talk about the show's real OG.

Reminds me of the line from that terrible movie Bride Wars- You don't alter a Vera Wang to fit you, you alter YOU to fit a Vera!

Cate really needs to stop thinking of a "diet" in terms of calorie restriction and focus more on nutrition. It's not just about what you see in the mirror- poor diet leads to artery trouble, bone density issues, muscle deficiency, and a host of health concerns. Cate should, just for shits and giggles, use the myfitnesspal app to track everything she eats in one day. I did that when I was 4 months postpartum and couldn't lose the last 15 pounds, and was absolutely SHOCKED to see how much eating cereal (even "healthy" cereal) packs on the calories. Same with fruit. And my carb/protein fat ratio was like 90/5/5. And I thought I was a healthy eater!

I think that would be eye opening for Cate. No one is saying she has to swear off carbs and eat only organic produce and free range meat she hunted and prepared herself, but a lot of people are surprised by how much they truly eat and how little vitamins they are getting.

I don't think any of the TM or TM2 participants are necessarily models of healthy eating- even skinny Maci probably eats a ton of crap, just in small portions- but I am singling Cate out only because her weight and her excuses have been such a large part of the show this season.

I'd be willing to bet Tyler's also on the verge of diabetes with high cholesterol, he just hasn't had to take those tests because he wasn't pregnant last year. They eat the same shit; Catelynn might eat more but if 90% of your diet is deep fried even a good metabolism can't fight health problems. I hate the weight gain/loss storyline but I would love to see them pull some Kardashian-like producer shenanigans and make them both do a health screening to compare.

They're responsible for a kid now and they both need to make an effort to eat healthier, not just stay fit, so that Nova doesn't grow up thinking pizza is a food group. I totally agree, she should track her food so she's eating balanced meals, and so should Tyler. Dad's girlfriend is an idiot. Sticking to 1200 calories a day is unhealthy, and worse so if Cate's just eating 1200 calories of chicken alfredo. I stick to what I said before, a little baked chicken and veggies never hurt anyone.

• Love 5

I swear to God, Farrah's mother could say the sky is blue and Farrah would start an arguement, disagreeing. I don't even understand what they are fighting about half the time.

Why is Ryan such an asshole when his parents are so nice?

• Love 7

Tyler and Catelynn are in a toxic, lazy, parasitic relationship. Did Dr. Jen point this out to them when they were on Couples Therapy? They are too comfortable in the relationship, and they passively give each other permission to do nothing but breed. Catelynn may be fat, but Tyler is completely uneducated and without a single skill in life. And now he's father to two kids. I don't think either of them will improve anything about their lives while they're in the relationship. Only when they have to go find another partner will they lose weight, get a job, and get some ambition and motivation. I've seen so many people who didn't lose weight for years, and then lost a 100 pounds after they got divorced. At this point, Catelynn doesn't need to lose weight, because Tyler has nowhere to go. He's stuck with her even if she gains 600 pounds and ends up on My 600 Pound Life. Because at this point, Tyler is a huge loser.

I don't disagree about their relationship, but I don't think getting out of that relationship will make either one of them change. They're both inherently lazy. They'll continue on as they are independently, or just find a new like-minded lazy person to latch on to.

• Love 3

I'd be willing to bet Tyler's also on the verge of diabetes with high cholesterol, he just hasn't had to take those tests because he wasn't pregnant last year. They eat the same shit; Catelynn might eat more but if 90% of your diet is deep fried even a good metabolism can't fight health problems. I hate the weight gain/loss storyline but I would love to see them pull some Kardashian-like producer shenanigans and make them both do a health screening to compare.

Oh, that would be so, so great. Let's also watch Tyler try and pass the presidential fitness test.

Tyler can try and backpedal all he wants, but I'm convinced his hassling of Cate is 50% motivated by him not wanting to hear her complain about her weight and 50% motivated by Cate being more aesthetically pleasing when she's smaller, and 0% motivated by concerns for her health and/or setting a good example for Nova.

That said, once you have a child, I think the onus is on the parent to teach and enforce good eating habits, and that's much easier when you live by example.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't want to defend Tyler, because he is a ginormous douche, but I think he is trying to be supportive. My guess is taht Cate talks about weight and food nonstop. So he says when do you want to start? What should you eat? Kid is clueless as to how to be supportive and it comes off like he is needling her.

I agree. He said they bought some food press, some shakes, workout equipment, etc. so it seems Catelynn has seriously indicated she wants to lose weight. I just think he doesn't know how to support her. If someone goes on and on about wanting to lose weight but isn't making changes, it can make you feel helpless. I used to be very overweight and I'd drive my friends crazy by complaining and then swearing the next day that I'd try WW or Jenny. My best friend would offer to join with me or go for walks around the block and from the outside looking in, I'm sure she came off like she was being aggressive and annoying, but she really was just trying to help me out. I'm 100lbs light now, but it took a lot of work. Anyways, Tyler is a dolt, but I think he is doing the best he can. Catelynn should lose weight. Her diet is pretty bad and she is not active. Now is the time to start a program so she has a better understanding of how to eat right. However, Tyler likely needs to improve his diet and workout, too. I don't see him eating fruit salads while Catelynn is eating pizza. He's chowing down with her.

So Amber's bf punched a wall because of an argument? Sigh. She picks winners.

Farrah paid for Debra's face lift and this pasta sauce endeavor? Hmmm. What a weird relationship they have.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1
(edited)

Really, who wants to wear a a wedding dress that was in style 2 years ago (almost 3 by the time the wedding is scheduled to take place)?

I've never been a fan of the strapless bridal gown on bigger girls bc, imo, they look best on thinner, smaller chested to average chested brides. And I didn't ever care for the dress Cate chose in the first place; I thought it looked cheap and tacky. I doubt the bridal shop will take it back, that look is going out of style and designs from even one year past get marked down, they'd be lucky to sell it for $275. I think Cate spent $600? Hopefully, she doesn't punish herself and buys a cheap replacement gown. Spend the money, girl, and get something you LOVE that fits right now. It can still be altered if she loses weight.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 2

I swear to God, Farrah's mother could say the sky is blue and Farrah would start an arguement, disagreeing. I don't even understand what they are fighting about half the time.

yes! Farrah and her parents are exhausting. 

Debra: Oh! Look, Baby! The sky is blue!

Farrah: Yes, Mom, I know the sky is blue! Now if you can just quit talking about it because I don't have time for all this!  I don't know why you wouldn't think I know the sky is blue!  I moved over here to be away from you and I am just fine without you and I still manage to know the sky is blue!

Life would be so much easier if Farrah could just pick her battles. She doesn't even have to respond, and she would still get a better result. 

• Love 11

You love your shift key don't you?

I didn't notice the tattoo either.

People like Catelynn drive me crazy. Almost 6 years later and she still blames having Carly for her being overweight.

I also don't understand paying out money to Weight Watchers or something to lose weight. Its not that hard. Eat less and move more. You don't need to pay somebody to learn that.

Losing weight isn't that hard.

Sometimes it just helps people stay accountable by paying someone money to help them lose weight.  And WW is actually very successful for many people. You can do it without paying - the info is readily available online but I'm sure you have better success if you actually pay for it. 

My dad says he can't lose weight unless he's in a contest to win money.   

So sometimes it is that hard. 

Was I hearing things or did Tyler say he had 2 years left on his "psychology degree". What the hell is a psychology degree?

that would be a degree that is essentially pointless unless you want to go further into your education with like a masters or whatever you need to do become a teacher or professor, or a psychologist.  Something a AA or even a BA can't get you with that degree. 

I agree. He said they bought some food press, some shakes, workout equipment, etc. so it seems Catelynn has seriously indicated she wants to lose weight. I just think he doesn't know how to support her. If someone goes on and on about wanting to lose weight but isn't making changes, it can make you feel helpless. I used to be very overweight and I'd drive my friends crazy by complaining and then swearing the next day that I'd try WW or Jenny. My best friend would offer to join with me or go for walks around the block and from the outside looking in, I'm sure she came off like she was being aggressive and annoying, but she really was just trying to help me out. I'm 100lbs light now, but it took a lot of work. Anyways, Tyler is a dolt, but I think he is doing the best he can. Catelynn should lose weight. Her diet is pretty bad and she is not active. Now is the time to start a program so she has a better understanding of how to eat right. However, Tyler likely needs to improve his diet and workout, too. I don't see him eating fruit salads while Catelynn is eating pizza. He's chowing down with her.

Can I have your friend???  I am trying but failing miserably to lose weight. I suck at the food thing because I love food so much.  I recently joined an online fitness thing which I really love but I also love going for long walks and it would be so much easier if i had a friend to say "ok lets go!" but as it is now, all of my friends work out but none of them want to have a workout buddy. 

I give tyler the benefit of the doubt with this weight stuff.... i think he thinks he's being supportive and it's just coming off as really wrong.  I bet he doesn't cook either so it's left completely up to Cate.   I'm a single person and I like chicken but I can tell you a chicken breast cooked in the oven sounds appetizing 0.1% of the time. 

And what is with Macy and Ryan having major accidents so close to eachother!!?  Thank god Bentley was not with Ryan during his accident or that poor kid would likely be scared of car rides for life. 

• Love 3

I Am Not Doing It On Purpose. My Phone Is Doing It. Trust Me I'm Trying To Figure Out How To Stop It But I Can't.

Ohmigosh, I can't breathe.

I noticed it first on a post about Farrah and I totally got it because she is quite exhausting and I could understand the need for showing your anger through aggressive capitalization, it wasn't until you posted this that I realized it wasn't your intent.

• Love 1

Cate got pretty tiny before she got pregnant this second time.  I think that's what Tyler was maybe referring to during that meal.  So she knows that if she wants to do it she can do it, but i bet it took a lot of work. 

Debra: Oh! Look, Baby! The sky is blue!

Farrah: Yes, Mom, I know the sky is blue! Now if you can just quit talking about it because I don't have time for all this!  I don't know why you wouldn't think I know the sky is blue!  I moved over here to be away from you and I am just fine without you and I still manage to know the sky is blue!

This is how Farrah is all the time! How hard is it for her to just say, "Yes, isn't it beautiful?" Everything is a battle.

I am just gonna post this. I lost both my parents. I'd give anything to have them for one day so I could hug them and hold them in my arms one last time. When I see people treat their parents like shit, it really, REALLY bothers me, especially when I see that those parents are not deserving of that kind of behavior. I constantly let my friends know how lucky they are to still have their parents in their lives. I envy people who have their parents and have such a loving relationship with them. As for Deb, as I mentioned before, she has her issues, but when she talks to Farrah and calls her "baby", it might be annoying to some, but it really hits a soft spot with me because I wish I had my mother still here with me. I would give anything to hear my mother's voice call me a sweet term of endearment like Debra says to Farrah. Debra has come a long way from how she used to be. Therapy did her good. Farrah is an ungrateful bitch.

Ryan and the booster seat matter. Someone mentioned Maci should take him to court. The problem is, I don't think these two ever went to court regarding Bentley. They made their own schedule for visitation. Ryan's dad mentioned it more than once in the previous seasons that Ryan should get a court order, but Ryan refused. Maci knew this and took advantage of it. That is why she was able to move around to different areas with Bentley. All that brought on the constant arguing about who was going to drive to drop off Bentley. If these two didn't bother going to court over visitation, I don't think Maci would bother to get a lawyer and take this matter to court, although I agree, she should because if she is that concerned about her son's safety, this would be a priority and I think a court would side with Maci.

Cate -  How hard is it for her to just take the baby for a stroll around the neighborhood and get some exercise that way? Why does she need to pay for a gym membership? How about starting off with walks in the neighborhood? Start out walking around a block or two. She can then build up stamina and make it a longer walk.

• Love 6

This is how Farrah is all the time! How hard is it for her to just say, "Yes, isn't it beautiful?" Everything is a battle.

I am just gonna post this. I lost both my parents. I'd give anything to have them for one day so I could hug them and hold them in my arms one last time. When I see people treat their parents like shit, it really, REALLY bothers me, especially when I see that those parents are not deserving of that kind of behavior. I constantly let my friends know how lucky they are to still have their parents in their lives. I envy people who have their parents and have such a loving relationship with them. As for Deb, as I mentioned before, she has her issues, but when she talks to Farrah and calls her "baby", it might be annoying to some, but it really hits a soft spot with me because I wish I had my mother still here with me. I would give anything to hear my mother's voice call me a sweet term of endearment like Debra says to Farrah. Debra has come a long way from how she used to be. Therapy did her good. Farrah is an ungrateful bitch.

Ryan and the booster seat matter. Someone mentioned Maci should take him to court. The problem is, I don't think these two ever went to court regarding Bentley. They made their own schedule for visitation. Ryan's dad mentioned it more than once in the previous seasons that Ryan should get a court order, but Ryan refused. Maci knew this and took advantage of it. That is why she was able to move around to different areas with Bentley. All that brought on the constant arguing about who was going to drive to drop off Bentley. If these two didn't bother going to court over visitation, I don't think Maci would bother to get a lawyer and take this matter to court, although I agree, she should because if she is that concerned about her son's safety, this would be a priority and I think a court would side with Maci.

Cate -  How hard is it for her to just take the baby for a stroll around the neighborhood and get some exercise that way? Why does she need to pay for a gym membership? How about starting off with walks in the neighborhood? Start out walking around a block or two. She can then build up stamina and make it a longer walk.

Even before the baby, they have always had dogs.  Just being a good dog parent should involve walks when the weather permits.  If she really wanted to exercise, she could easily do it without a gym.  She seems like the type to spend money she doesn't have on a gym membership, go a few times, and then just waste the membership.

I couldn't agree with you more about people who treat their parents terribly.  One day, when Farrah loses her parents, instead of feeling regretful about how she treated them she will make it all about herself and do her ugly fake cry.  She might miss their presence, but only in regards to what they could do for her.

I'm actually scared for parents, if they are ever incapacitated in their old age mentally or physically.  I can see Farrah committing serious elder abuse.

• Love 5

Cate got pretty tiny before she got pregnant this second time.  I think that's what Tyler was maybe referring to during that meal.  So she knows that if she wants to do it she can do it, but i bet it took a lot of work. 

I didn't see any pictures of Cate right before she got pregnant so I don't know about that timeframe. However, given Tyler's comments about how she wasn't eating much before Nova, I gather that instead of working on a managable long term diet, Cate was massively cutting calories and probably starving herself in order to get thin. Effective if losing weight is your only goal, but not very practical or safe, especially for a breast feeding, sleep deprived person, and definitely not a long term solution.

Cate was fairly thin during the early days of Teen Mom. I think the scene with her getting the Mirena during Season 1 was the thinnest I've ever seen her. However, on every subsequent season she's appeared to be somewhat overweight, and she's mentioned more than once her insecurities with being heavy long before she became pregnant a second time.

Maybe they were too nice. Maybe they spoiled him rotten and never said no and created this monster. Or maybe it's just one of those cases where the kid is who he is, no matter what the parents do or don't do. 

• Love 5

Agreed. That dress was ugly and I don't think strapless anything is going to be a good look on her. Why do so many girls select strapless wedding dresses when they clearly look like linebackers in them?

It's really not that hard to lose a pound a week especially when you are as large as Caitlyn. She could easily lose 30 pounds before her wedding if she wasn't so lazy and so dim.

Did I hear Tyler correctly when he said he needed to finish his degree that would make him the big bucks and that degree is psychology. What does he plan to do with that degree?

• Love 3
(edited)

Normally once you have a dress altered you can't return it. I don't really  understand why the dress is still at the store (hasn't it been a few years) but four dress sizes is a big deal and she will probably never fit into it again at this rate.

I'm thinking that's especially true if you're 5'2" tall. I can't believe the store is still storing the dress - she must be paying storage fees or something by now. I think she should take it home and sell it on eBay or something, and get something she likes that fits.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

I think perhaps some of Farrah's treatment of Deborah is simply because she can.

Deborah lost all of her money in that Catfish scam and I strongly suspect is beholden to Farrah doling out the money her way (like with that ridiculous $8K on that facelift).

Farrah knows she finally has the upper hand she always wanted and she's definitely taking advantage of the role reversal.

Her and her mother have such a toxic relationship.  I find both of their personalities repugnant but Farrah has certainly ramped it up for this season.

I'd have sympathy for Deborah's predicament, but she lost that money due to her own ignorance (being scammed must be a family trait, since Farrah got scammed way back in the series with that car deal) and put herself in a situation of being financially dependent on her unstable daughter as a result of her own actions.

While I don't doubt Deborah loves Sophia very much, I suspect her constant presence is more due to her financial needs and wants rather than her desire to spend an inordinate amount of time with Sophia.

BTW, I can totally see Tyler being the type to sit down with a freshly-delivered pizza for himself while fully well expecting Catelyn to go make herself a salad.  He just strikes me as being that sort of a prick.

Amber, I'm no psychic, but my crystal ball is definitely showing me images of you having a full-blown relapse in the very near future.  

Ryan, you lazy turd, get your son's booster seat installed and leave it in your fucking truck at all times so it's always available.  Hump your dates somewhere besides the backseat and leaving the booster seat in there should never present an inconvenience.  They don't take up that much room.  

Maci, just STFU and go away, you sanctimonious ass.  Go hook up with Leah and get some husband-trapping advice.  At least that stupid bitch manages to get a marriage out of her men.  

• Love 8
BTW, I can totally see Tyler being the type to sit down with a freshly-delivered pizza for himself while fully well expecting Catelyn to go make herself a salad.  He just strikes me as being that sort of a prick.

Oh totally. In fact, I cannot recall it specifically, but there was a moment in this episode where I thought that exact thing. I think it was when Catelynn was saying something about it being unfair that he can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. And he just had this "Yup" no fucks given kind of face on. Now, is it Tyler's fault she's struggling with her weight? No. But being healthy, no matter your size, is important, especially when you have a little one depending on you. If he REALLY cared about her, he might try to get himself more involved, instead of just telling her what to do. 

• Love 5

Why do so many girls select strapless wedding dresses when they clearly look like linebackers in them?

Because it is the style. Just like all those people that have to have granite counter tops in their kitchen because it is the "in" thing. I don't get the whole strapless dress style because it is not meant for every body type.

• Love 4

Sophia is six years old now?  I think it is time to stop calling her "Baby Goo."  I wouldn't even call an infant "Goo," but that's just me.

I know. I realize it's just a cutesy nickname but every time she says this I picture gum stuck to the bottom of a table. I wish Debra would call her something else.

Because it is the style. Just like all those people that have to have granite counter tops in their kitchen because it is the "in" thing. I don't get the whole strapless dress style because it is not meant for every body type.

I haven't been wedding dress shopping in a very long time, but even when I was it was hard to find a dress that wasn't strapless. I ended up buying a used dress that was probably not "in" at the time. I don't get it either although I've read the strapless gowns are cheaper for the manufacturers. I totally agree it's not a good style for every body type, but it's possible she just couldn't find anything else at the time. Maybe she could now.

I didn't see any pictures of Cate right before she got pregnant so I don't know about that timeframe. However, given Tyler's comments about how she wasn't eating much before Nova, I gather that instead of working on a managable long term diet, Cate was massively cutting calories and probably starving herself in order to get thin. Effective if losing weight is your only goal, but not very practical or safe, especially for a breast feeding, sleep deprived person, and definitely not a long term solution.

Cate was fairly thin during the early days of Teen Mom. I think the scene with her getting the Mirena during Season 1 was the thinnest I've ever seen her. However, on every subsequent season she's appeared to be somewhat overweight, and she's mentioned more than once her insecurities with being heavy long before she became pregnant a second time.

oh obviously agree - never said her diet plan was the smartest.  although i think they've been saying she did WW beforehand too. 

Regarding strapless wedding dresses, I always remember my mom's quote about fashion and women.  Women would wear shit on their heads if they were told it was in style.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh totally. In fact, I cannot recall it specifically, but there was a moment in this episode where I thought that exact thing. I think it was when Catelynn was saying something about it being unfair that he can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. And he just had this "Yup" no fucks given kind of face on. Now, is it Tyler's fault she's struggling with her weight? No. But being healthy, no matter your size, is important, especially when you have a little one depending on you. If he REALLY cared about her, he might try to get himself more involved, instead of just telling her what to do. 

Absolutely.  The very least he could do is NOT bring temptation in right under her nose when he knows she's struggling.

He has a car, he can drive his ass over to the pizza place and eat a slice or two on the premises instead of bringing it home if he just has to have pizza.

I know they're both still young but with the vast amount of time this chucklefuck spends on the internet, you would think he would realize one is never too young to start eating healthy and change his own eating habits, especially now that he has a daughter to think about.

I think I tend to judge Tyler harshly anyway (yes, ever since he was mean to that puppy while Catelyn sat there chewing her nails and Nicholas was crying), so I'm delighted when he gives me a handful of ammunition to fire at him.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

As someone who is not quite 5'4,200 ibs, small busted and pear shaped, it was a pain and I mean a pain in the ass to find a wedding dress that flattered me. I considered having one custom made because my figure is one thats hard to work with (only reason I didnt was that It would have cost me over a grand to do so). The few dresses in the shop that did have sleeves, the so called sleeves were essentially strips of lace or they were a spaghetti strap that had flowers on it, so yeah dresses with actual sleeves are hard to come by these days. 

I still say the only reason Caitlynn and Tyler are still together is that they are too comfortable with how things are. They have never really know anything else and neither one wants to budge. I still wonder if MTV put the idea of marriage in Tyler's head because I remember well when he proposed to Caitlynn on the show. If he really and truly wanted to marry her, he would have already. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The thing with Cate, she has the money to actually have a wedding dress made for her instead of buying whatever is available in the stores. I once read somewhere that Cate was specifically wanting a strapless dress so, it wasn't that she was stuck with stores that only had strapless dresses. Growing up, we had a lady who made formal dresses. I was lucky to have a dad who would pay to have her make me a custom made formal dress for me for this special occasion. There was something special about having a dress made to fit your body (I was rail thin) and to be made exactly the way I wanted. Cate has MTV money, and if her wedding day is special to her, I don't know why she didn't just have a dress made for her. Maybe it was good thing because it would be sitting there collecting dust.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

GreatKazu the picture didn't come up for me, but I do remember there was one that I thought was going to be her dress that they aired. In one of the catch up specials she wasn't sure which dress would be shown and wouldn't let Tyler watch it at first because she didn't want him to see "the dress," but it turned out to not be the one she picked. I think the one she picked had way more sparkly stuff on it.

• Love 1

Tyler made me cringe on multiple occasions. Another thing that makes me sick is thinking how I treated others sometimes when I was that age. I was a late bloomer at do unto others, maybe 32, I'm holding out Tyler will be the same.

I see lots of love for precious baby Nova. She's dressed, cleaned, fed, changed etc. Yes, that sounds minimal, but i fear baby Cate with her mom wasn't always. She handles confrontation without going off the deep end (ahem, Farrah) and surprises me often with her mature and dare I say wise thinking. For me, that trumps any weight challenge. No meth, no child in the system, no anger to the world. The kid was dealt a tough hand, I don't give a flying fuck if she's a few over ideal, she's kicked adversity in the face and is a good person and seemingly loving mother. Hats off.

I live in Chattanooga and have never seen Maci, damn it. Countryside Cafe, where they learned of Ryan's wreck, is off the beaten path and excellent should you find yourself here. I tried and tried to figure out where the couples breakfast was held and can't. Ryan was so excited about his food I wanted to know.

My boyfriend was at the bar when they filmed that scene with Macis guy and his friends having brews a few eps ago. The post 32 me didn't yell "why the fuck didn't you at least text me when you knew it was Teen Mom and I'm obsessed? I woulda been there!" But no my friends, I said "oh wow, awesome! I will have to look for that scene".

We live and learn.

• Love 6

There are plenty of wedding dresses that aren't strapless.  Of course there are ton that are strapless but it's not like that's your only option and you are left with just a handful of hideous dresses with sleeves/straps to choose from.  I laughed when she talked about how ugly a dress with sleeves would be.  I just got married last year and didn't have a problem finding dresses with sleeves (see: here) and I didn't think my dress was "so ugly."  Now I know that dress wouldn't look good on Caitlyn either but there are tons of other options besides a strapless satin sausage casing. 

GreatKazu the picture didn't come up for me, but I do remember there was one that I thought was going to be her dress that they aired. In one of the catch up specials she wasn't sure which dress would be shown and wouldn't let Tyler watch it at first because she didn't want him to see "the dress," but it turned out to not be the one she picked. I think the one she picked had way more sparkly stuff on it.

I kind of remember something like this. Didn't she say she actually had two dresses but the one on the show, is not THE dress, because she didn't want Tyler to see it before the wedding? Am I making that up? Maybe she just used a different one to reenact the scene. Or borrowed one for the show.

• Love 1

I get your point but I'm not sure about taking the baby for a walk - in every scene showing their house there were icicles hanging from the eves; sidewalks were probably slippery.   But there isn't any reason Tyler couldn't stay with the baby and Catelyn could go to the gym.  

I think perhaps some of Farrah's treatment of Deborah is simply because she can.

Deborah lost all of her money in that Catfish scam and I strongly suspect is beholden to Farrah doling out the money her way (like with that ridiculous $8K on that facelift).

Farrah knows she finally has the upper hand she always wanted and she's definitely taking advantage of the role reversal.

This makes good sense and I bet you are right.  But I still think something is broken/wrong with Farrah to even be able to treat people (parents, store clerks, TV producers, etc. etc.) the way she consistently does. 

Can't figure out how to insert photos here. Darn it.

Thanks for clearing that up about the dress. I couldn't remember what was said on the special episode.

Is this it?  The date on the story is 2013.  

Catelynn_Lowell_wedding_dress.jpg

• Love 2

For comparison's sake here's the one they showed last night which is apparently her actual dress? You can't see it that well (still looking for a better pic), but it's pretty different based on all the "bling" on the bust-line.

catelynn-lowell-wedding-dress.jpg?fit=96

(edited)

Amber the addict  goes to Vegas, says it's ok to drink a little. Creepy bf blew up my creep meter with his mysterious hand injury. So we have 2 addicts, both who have the propensity for violence drinking in Vegas. Great! Message to Amber: they are staring at the camera, not you. If I was eating in a restaurant and a film crew walked in, I'd stare too.

1. Two addicts. 2. Go to Vegas. 3. To celebrate. 4. Getting off parole. That was just, like, all levels of bad ideas.

And yes, people are looking at you because you have an entire camera crew filming you. If you don't want to be filmed, then don't take the check.

Lastly, Amber has the exact same anger issues with Matt as she had with Gary. And with life.

Also, cosign to ghoulina's whole post!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 7

Matt said Amber acts differently when the cameras are there. Amber went on and on about that and repeated it, several times,  that this was not true. My take on it is, it is true. In the past she has gone off the loudest protesting the truth, imo.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just don't like talking about peoples weight. It's a sensitive subject and actually, it is hard for people to lose weight. It's not as easy, even when you are eating right, going for runs/walks/the gym/etc, it is hard and I don't think I can add anything to the topic.

Just my opinion/experience but it seems like for some people it's not that hard, while for others it is extremely difficult. Years ago my husband switched from regular soda to diet (no other changes) and dropped about 20 lbs in a couple of months. I, on the other hand, have to make some pretty dramatic changes to lose weight. Like Catelynn I'm also fairly short, so weight changes in either direction are more visible. I suspect Tyler doesn't have to work at staying as skinny as he is, and it's probably extremely frustrating for Catelynn to be hearing how "easy" it should be when it just isn't for her. I'd love to see her demand he develop a bodybuilder physique overnight or in time for the wedding, though. Good luck with that Tyler.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

1. Two addicts. 2. Go to Vegas. 3. To celebrate. 4. Getting off parole. That was just, like, all levels of bad ideas.

And yes, people are looking at you because you have an entire camera crew filming you. If you don't want to be filmed, then don't take the check.

Yeah there was seriously nothing good about that Vegas idea at all. I wonder who even thought of it? Seemed like Amber but something is telling me it was Matt.

Totally agree on the film crew! If I were out eating somewhere and there were cameras all over pointing at another diner I'd probably be staring, too. I'd try to be subtle, but I'd be looking. Even if I didn't recognize her I'd be trying to figure out who it was.

• Love 6

When I hear "baby goo," I think of placenta.

I just thank the Deercam God that they didn't use that name for the pepper sauce product. YUCK. And I hope that Farrah doesn't think that the island of Sicily is a 'city' (maybe the captions were just wrong) or she might have the ghost of Sophia Petrillo come after her. Picture this!

That's a good point. The styles change from year to year, and they're so concerned about how they look in the tabloid coverage.

• Love 1

That's a good point. The styles change from year to year, and they're so concerned about how they look in the tabloid coverage.

Plus you've gotta be up on the latest fashions to get the most possible "Likes" right?

• Love 2