Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Boiling Point

• Start Topic

What's the difference between when the episode airs and when it was filmed? When C/T went to the Mtv movie awards about a month ago, Caitlyn was still the same size in weight. It doesn't look like Tyler's methods are working very well...

AT & T ran an ad during the show about their Plenti rewards system or whatever, and there was this schlubby guy sitting on the couch eating takeout.

At a glance he looked so much like Amber's Matt that I thought for a second that I'd finished fast-forwarding through commercials!

• Love 2

Yeah, I actually think Farrah's parents should dump her. I know they don't want to lose access to Sophia (and Sophia also has something to gain by spending time with them), but by tolerating her behavior, they will never allow her to grow as a person. She'll never suffer consequences from treating them like shit.

re: the bold, I actually wonder if this is true. I mean, they raised Farrah. Although I think Farrah's 1000x worse than they are so Sophia is probably ever so slightly better off when she's with them.

2)  Farrah is just a mess.  Wonder what Sophia will be like in her teen years.  Damn me for looking forward to that reality show cause something tells me it will happen and I'll be there....watching.

Maybe by then it'll be "Grandma at 30!" (featuring the original Teen Moms)

• Love 6

Nova was born Jan 1. If Cate is 2 months post birth, It's got to be the beginning of March when these scenes were filmed.

Smart. Ok so those movie awards weren't too far off that episode.
(edited)

He Definitely Has A Large Tattoo On His Arm That Says Amber With What Looks To Be A heart And Music Notes.

You love your shift key don't you?

I didn't notice the tattoo either.

People like Catelynn drive me crazy. Almost 6 years later and she still blames having Carly for her being overweight.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

I'm so confused.  What was Caitlyn saying about how if she wasn't breastfeeding she could diet and exercise?  And Tyler said you have to wait 6-8 weeks?  This makes no sense.  You can't eat fruit and vegetables and grilled chicken during the first 8 weeks of breastfeeding??  What??  You can't go on walks around your neighborhood while breastfeeding?  None of this makes any sense.  How are they so, so stupid?  I am worried for that poor child, being raised by the dumbest people ever.

• Love 7

I Am Not Doing It On Purpose. My Phone Is Doing It. Trust Me I'm Trying To Figure Out How To Stop It But I Can't.

My phone started doing that to me, too. I wish I knew how to tell you how to fix it. I don't though. I just handed my phone to my teenage son and said "make it quit doing this, please". Lol.

• Love 4

My phone started doing that to me, too. I wish I knew how to tell you how to fix it. I don't though. I just handed my phone to my teenage son and said "make it quit doing this, please". Lol.

Well then you have the solution - find a teenager to fix it! Heck some of the Teen Mom kids can probably do it too. I think the main requirement is they have to be under 25...

• Love 3

Well then you have the solution - find a teenager to fix it! Heck some of the Teen Mom kids can probably do it too. I think the main requirement is they have to be under 25...

These Teen Mom kids are so stupid I'm surprised they can figure out how to make a phone call, let alone fix a phone glitch.

(edited)

These Teen Mom kids are so stupid I'm surprised they can figure out how to make a phone call, let alone fix a phone glitch.

I should have clarified - I mostly meant the 5-6 year olds (my 5 year old niece is frighteningly good with cell phones). Tyler also seems to be a phone expert, so maybe he could too.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1
(edited)

I Am Under 25 Lol and now I fixed it yay haha

Edited by WhoVenger221B
  • Love 7

Tyler is a manipulator. It's not really what he's saying. It's his delivery and the look on his face. He wants catelynn to know that he doesn't approve. I know that what you eat is a big part of weight and cate seems to really like pizza, but I think she is just the type to gain weight easily and it all shows because she's short. Tyler wants her to look like she did in middle or high school. Thin with big boobs.

• Love 5

I really do like Cate and think she is incredibly sweet, which amazes me considering that she has been raised by a nasty meth head (April).  However, because she is so needy, she does not realize she is the one with the power in the relationship.  She is the former teen mom and if she dumped Tyler he loses any claim to d-list celebratory fame and Tyler needs this type of recognition very badly.

I do think she needs to take responsibility for her own health and understand she has some very bad habits she needs to change.  No one is asking her to be a stick figure, but she needs to start making the right choices for herself.

It would be interesting if she started harassing Tyler about his looks.  If she started commenting on his lack of muscles and his middle school physique. I know a lot of girls found Tyler "dreamy", but I always thought he had a sort of unfortunate looking face. 

• Love 4

I should have clarified - I mostly meant the 5-6 year olds (my 5 year old niece is frighteningly good with cell phones). Tyler also seems to be a phone expert, so maybe he could too.

Oops - I misunderstood.

It would be interesting if she started harassing Tyler about his looks. If she started commenting on his lack of muscles and his middle school physique. I know a lot of girls found Tyler "dreamy", but I always thought he had a sort of unfortunate looking face.

Honestly, with what comes out of his mouth it wouldn't matter if he was the most handsome fellow alive. He'd still be completely undesireable. Cate deserves much better and I hope she sees it before going through with the wedding.

I was rolling my eyes at him going on about finishing his degree. He'll never do it, and I wonder how he'd like it if Cate went off repeatedly about it the way he spouted on about her weight.

• Love 3

Also, why did mtv show the part about Ryan poking his gf? Good lord.

I found that clip classless and just completely nauseating.

People like Catelynn drive me crazy. Almost 6 years later and she still blames having Carly for her being overweight.

I also don't understand paying out money to Weight Watchers or something to lose weight. Its not that hard. Eat less and move more. You don't need to pay somebody to learn that.

Losing weight isn't that hard.

A bunch of years ago, I needed to drop at least 20 pounds. But I was a lazy ass. I admit it. I'd come home all hellbent on doing Wii Fit or treadmill and then I'd sit down and think "Fuck this, I'm tired." Funny thing was, when I'd do Wii Fit or get on the treadmill I loved it but getting me to actually do it was just not working well. I also needed to eat a bit better so I thought of doing the Jenny Craig thing or Nutrisystem so I'd just know what to eat. After looking at the prices, I nearly fainted. In addition to that, I am an ultra super duper picky eater so many of the items were not things I'd eat. I wound up making my own system: I bought the Weight Watchers Smart ones dinners when they were on sale five for 10 bucks (sometimes I had a coupon) and had those for dinner and started dropping weight.  I'd have one of those with a side salad of mainly lettuce, carrots and whatever. Another night a baked potato with broccoli and just a teaspoon of shredded cheddar, a grilled chicken breast cooked in the oven basted with bbq sauce, a whole wheat pita with low salt pizza sauce and rice cheese (which actually melted). There were so many alternatives to junk food, I was shocked. It's not the same but at least there is something close. I know boxed, processed foods were not the best for me, but they got me started on my way to eating better and losing pounds.

Cate can do it. What is stopping her is Tyler. You can see it in her face. Any time he brings up her weight she looks like she wants to eat a Big Mac in front of him and say "Fuck you." She needs to not do that. She seems to think that if she gives up all this crap food and exercises that Tyler wins. She doesn't realize that she wins too because she is too mad at him for constantly bringing it up. I'm all for him not being a tool and going out walking with her or learning to cook healthy dinners instead of Googling. 

I Am Not Doing It On Purpose. My Phone Is Doing It. Trust Me I'm Trying To Figure Out How To Stop It But I Can't.

This cracked me up.

Farrah is just.... I don't know.... vile! So angry, such a nasty bitch. Yikes.

No interest in Maci. Or Amber. 

• Love 4

Also, good job on wasting your money on that psychic you saw in Vegas.

It was the natural thing for Amber to do in Vegas. The psychic was the only form of entertainment that provided a couch.

• Love 23

I was just messing with you. That's hilarious that your keyboard is doing it on its own.

Welcome to the forums!!

• Love 4

What is up with Farrah's only friend being her 70 year-old neighbor? Does she live in a retirement community?

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine going through life with no friends...and don't ya think she should have figured it out by now and said "maybe it's me". I wonder what this boyfriend wants because he can't be with her for her charming personality. 

She is such a piece of work. Poor Sophia. 

• Love 2

I was just messing with you. That's hilarious that your keyboard is doing it on its own.

Welcome to the forums!!

• Love 1

I know, right??? I thought that chick was insane. Not to mention, Cate is nursing, which can burn 300-500 calories per day. So, she's supposed to live on 600-900 calories???

Whoa, how did I miss that? Good thing I haven't deleted this off my DVR yet. I need to go back and get a glimpse of yet another epically shitty TM tattoo. They should start giving out awards, like the Razzies. "Will Age the Worst". "Portrait That Will Give You the Most Nightmares". 

That tattoo was shown when he proposed marriage to her. I am surprised no one brought it up then. lol

I don't think Ryan's on drugs. I think he hit his head one too many times in car crashes due to not wearing a seat belt.

Matt and Amber's argument and her not wanting to discuss it seems suspect. If these two can't enjoy being on vacation without fighting, it is only going to get worse. This guy is bad news. It is now beyond just a vibe, he is now showing he has anger issues. Amber met the male version of herself. 

So what is up with Farrah's restaurant in Austin? It was supposed to open last October.

• Love 5

For all of Tyler's talk about Cate needing to lose weight, and for all her talk of wanting to lose weight, those two can go kick rocks because when their storyline this episode was all about Cate's weight and Tyler wanting to support her in her quest to lose weight, what was on top of the kitchen stove? Two pizza boxes!! Sorry, but those two are not serious about this whole weight and eating healthy lifestyle. How the hell do you expect someone to not slip and eat the wrong foods when the wrong food ends up in that house? How many times have we watched these two eat pizza? It's their "go-to-food".

On the other hand, it's funny how they are her only support system, they are always there no matter what she says about them.I'm not defending her mother, it's just too obvious that her mother can't have a proper conversation with her, no matter how much she walks on eggshells.

I just can't with Farrah. She is another exhausting one. I didn't even get what was going on with her and Deborah and the stupid sauce, but I just feel like she has to turn everything into a fight. Everything. Her mother says one word and she is instantly eye rolling and coming back with some condescending remark.

Ditto. This is one major reason I cannot tolerate Farrah on this show. The bitch is stuck on bad attitude 24-7.  No matter how nice Deb talks to her, no matter how much Deb bows down to her, Farrah's comeback is that damn snotty attitude. I swear, I have issues with Deb, but it seems there is nothing this woman can say or do that will ever make Farrah happy. All Farrah wants to hear is, "Sure, I will babysit baby goo!" It never fails, each time these scenes play out, I so badly wish Deb would take that footage to their therapist, if she hasn't already. There is nothing going on in Farrah's life that I want to see, but if the cameras were to go to their therapy sessions, I would watch. I want to hear a therapist ask Farrah why is it she has the constant eye-roll going on every time her mother talks and how that comes off, but more importantly, how that is not at all appropriate behavior for someone who claims she wants a better relationship with her mother. I seriously want to hear a professional tell Farrah her attitude sucks!

I couldn't make head or tails out of that stupid discussion about the sauce. From what I recall, that family sauce has been in the works for quite some time. I could have sworn they had a website long ago for that sauce. I think I remember reading about it on TWoP. 

• Love 5

This is going to piss some people off, but in SLIGHT defense of Ryan, I looked up the carseat laws there and they state:

"Children ages 4 to 8 and less than 4' 9" tall should use a booster in the rear seat if available."

..... if available? This opens the door WIDE up for people like Ryan to say, "Yeah officer, he's usually in a booster, but his seat is in his grandma's car and I didnt have one available."

If the state of Tennessee is like, "Carseat? Meh." Then why should Ryan be bothered....

Farrah: in regards to people questioning the weird photo shoot. Sophia had a glamour/Hollywood/Oscars type birthday party, so I am guessing this shoot was for invites or something related to that.

• Love 2

Wow, that Las Vegas psychic was super insightful and gave Amber some great advice!  Good job Amber, never change. 

I was waiting for horror movie music just as the psychic picked out the most ominous cards in the tarot. So disappointed...

• Love 1
(edited)

It was difficult for me to watch Catelyn's weight loss struggle this episode.  I'm very much older than Cate however her weight gain during pregnancy struggle mimics my own story to a "T".  My ex was Tyler all the way, so scared I wouldn't lose my huge post pregnancy weight gain and nagging me every minute of every day because he thought it would "help" me.

At first, like Tyler, my ex was being supportive sometimes then negative most of the time.  My husband could eat anything and everything he wanted anytime he wanted and never gained an ounce.  He would frequently eat fast food as he chastised me for my weight gain.  I struggled with weight my entire life.  I was an emotional eater and addicted to food as long as I can remember so I had to work very hard to maintain a healthy weight (which by the way was a exhaustive daily struggle).

When I couldn't lose my post pregnancy weight gain my husband dumped me for a very super skinny woman with zero curves.  She was tall and weighed around 90 lbs.  She looked like a wet skeleton.  It broke my heart.  I hate to say this but I doubt if Catelyn's going to lose the weight Tyler wants her to before the wedding.  How is someone supposed to lose 40 lbs. in 7 months - (didn't they mention that the wedding was seven months away?).  That amount of weight in a short amount of time is very difficult to do and takes a huge commitment.

That stupid assed GF telling Cate to just eat 1200 calories per day and exercise...  I could be wrong but only eating 1200 calories a day makes one very tired.  Super tired as in No energy.at.all.   To do that and have to take care of a newborn full time AND breastfeed while only consuming 1200 calories per day?  Mmmmmm.  I'm giving the side-eye there.  I could be wrong but I'm feeling pretty right.

The tremendous amount of pressure that Catelyn's feeling to have to fit into her wedding dress in such a short amount of time makes me feel so sad for her on so many levels.  I'm wondering how long C & T's marriage is going to last as it seems Tyler's sort of sending signals like my ex husband did to me - "Lose every single ounce of that weight or I'm out".  And that's exactly what my ex husband did.  He cheated and left.

And the next time Tyler nags Cate about her weight I want her to look him dead in the eye and say "Yeah, I'll lose that weight as soon as you get that 4 year degree.  In social working."

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ditto. This is one major reason I cannot tolerate Farrah on this show. The bitch is stuck on bad attitude 24-7.  No matter how nice Deb talks to her, no matter how much Deb bows down to her, Farrah's comeback is that damn snotty attitude. I swear, I have issues with Deb, but it seems there is nothing this woman can say or do that will ever make Farrah happy. All Farrah wants to hear is, "Sure, I will babysit baby goo!" It never fails, each time these scenes play out, I so badly wish Deb would take that footage to their therapist, if she hasn't already. There is nothing going on in Farrah's life that I want to see, but if the cameras were to go to their therapy sessions, I would watch. I want to hear a therapist ask Farrah why is it she has the constant eye-roll going on every time her mother talks and how that comes off, but more importantly, how that is not at all appropriate behavior for someone who claims she wants a better relationship with her mother. I seriously want to hear a professional tell Farrah her attitude sucks!

I've decided that something is really wrong with Farrah; she started with this attitude on her 16&Pregnant and it's only gotten worse - alot worse in my opinion.  Sure, Debra is a nutcase but she isn't nasty.  She weathered that whole hitting Farrah thing, did her community service, went to therapy and seems to have gotten a handle on her anger problem although I don't know how hanging out with the nasty mouth on Farrah.  Maybe she took up drinking?  

This is going to piss some people off, but in SLIGHT defense of Ryan, I looked up the carseat laws there and they state:

"Children ages 4 to 8 and less than 4' 9" tall should use a booster in the rear seat if available."

..... if available? This opens the door WIDE up for people like Ryan to say, "Yeah officer, he's usually in a booster, but his seat is in his grandma's car and I didnt have one available."

If the state of Tennessee is like, "Carseat? Meh." Then why should Ryan be bothered....

Thank you for this.  I was wondering why a six year old would even need a carseat.    When my nephew grew out of the carseats he had a booster seat thing until he was about that age but I always thought it was more about being able to see out the window and seat belt comfort. 

It was difficult for me to watch Catelyn's weight loss struggle this episode.  I'm very much older than Cate however her weight gain during pregnancy struggle mimics my own story to a "T".  My ex was Tyler all the way, so scared I wouldn't lose my huge post pregnancy weight gain and nagging me every minute of every day because he thought it would "help" me.

At first, like Tyler, my ex was being supportive sometimes then negative most of the time.  My husband could eat anything and everything he wanted anytime he wanted and never gained an ounce.  He would frequently eat fast food as he chastised me for my weight gain.  I struggled with weight my entire life.  I was an emotional eater and addicted to food as long as I can remember so I had to work very hard to maintain a healthy weight (which by the way was a exhaustive daily struggle).

When I couldn't lose my post pregnancy weight gain my husband dumped me for a very super skinny woman with zero curves.  She weighed around 90 lbs.  It broke my heart.  I hate to say this but I doubt if Catelyn's going to lose the weight Tyler wants her to before the wedding.  How is someone supposed to lose 40 lbs. in 7 months - (didn't they mention that the wedding was seven months away?).  That amount of weight in a short amount of time is very difficult to do and takes a huge commitment.

That stupid assed GF telling Cate to just eat 1200 calories per day and exercise...  I could be wrong but only eating 1200 calories a day makes one very tired.  No energy.at.all.   To do that and have to take care of a newborn full time AND breastfeed while only consuming 1200 calories per day?  Mmmmmm.  I'm giving the side-eye there.  I could be wrong but I'm feeling pretty right.

The tremendous amount of pressure that Catelyn's feeling to have to fit into her wedding dress in such a short amount of time makes me feel so sad for her on so many levels.  I'm wondering how long C & T's marriage is going to last as it seems Tyler's sort of sending signals like my ex husband did to me - "Lose every single ounce of that weight or I'm out".  And that's exactly what he did.  He cheated and left.

And the next time Tyler nags Cate about her weight I want her to say to him "Yeah, I'll lose that weight as soon as you get that 4 year degree.  In social working."

The look on Catelyn's face listening to Tyler and company was breaking my heart - especially when everyone at the dinner table decided to chime in on her weight problem with their unsolicited advice.   And again when she was at the bridal shop.  When the salesgirl told her she would need to lose "four dress sizes" I wanted to punch her in the face. Not one person even suggested she just get another dress!  I'm thinking she could get at least partial store credit for that one since it's never left the shop and find something that she feels beautiful wearing.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Does anyone know if Cate and Tyler actually got married in real time?  I haven't read anything on social media about it so I'm wondering.  Hate to say this but I hope C & T don't get married and just continue to live together.  I think Tyler's gonna walk.  He has a lot of unspoken, built-up resentment toward Catelyn IMHO.  As in Cate "trapping" him by having babies, he never being able to experience another relationship with another female because he and Cate were each other's first and only BF/GF, Cate being somewhat needy and insecure, Cate's weight issues....  Uggh, the list just goes on and on.  Things are relatively peaceful and calm now, because Nova's just been born but what's their relationship going to be like 3 years from now, 5 years from now when the MTV cameras are gone and the money and fame/notoriety go right out the door with it?  Once the cameras have totally forgotten about Tyler how pressured will he feel to stick around?  I dunno.  Just sayin' 

• Love 1

Isn't the wedding in August? I swear I heard them say August something. Either way, I think Cate should run. But I understand why she is still with Tyler. Like others on the forum I agree, Tyler has been the only constant in her life and probably her only "Safe" place.  I do however have questions about her Dad, who seems relatively normal. And I remember thinking this when we met him a few seasons ago. And I hate talking about somebody's weight. I really just don't want to say anything about it. She may be overweight but the way Tyler talks to her and about it just disgusts me. It just reminds me that for Catelynn according to Tyler, there's always something more she needs to do, but not Tyler. It brings me back to the being special they had where Catelynn broke down and said as much that she was making the changes that they agreed on but Tyler was not. 

The fourth wall really highlights how antisocial Farrah and Amber are, to the point where it's scary. Both Farrah and Amber are so isolated from people their own age that Heather the producer becomes their friend. I mean sure, sometimes Amber has her cousin and Farrah has that lady next door but when push comes to shove, Heather comes in because the show needs to have Farrah explain to someone why she's upset about her Mom and this pasta sauce thing. Like, Farrah can't call a friend or explain it, Heather has to be the "friend". Same with Amber and the Las Vegas hotel room incident, Amber couldn't call a friend to explain she had to call in producer Heather. I wonder if this is one reason why they broke the fourth wall. They needed to have Farrah and Amber have someone to explain stories to. 

I think the wedding's scheduled for August. Note I say scheduled... I have my doubts it'll happen because I have a feeling one or both of them will find a reason to postpone it (again). I think Catelynn wanted September or October and more of a "fall wedding" feel plus that would give her more time to lose weight, and then Tyler said something like "okay, so August."  It was in a previous episode. It was just one more subtle little thing he did to undermine her and it pissed me off on her behalf or I wouldn't even remember it.

You make good points about the fourth wall being 'taken down' so to speak. I honestly worry for Amber especially and a bit for Farrah when that goes away. I assume MTV isn't going to want one of their producers to be an on-call counselor and 24/7 friend for these girls when the show's not filming. What happens to them?  Do they lose their only friend?  It's kind of sad.

• Love 3

Tyler is a jerk in many ways, but he's not wrong to encourage Catelynn on this weight issue. She has for years made excuses about why she has carried extra weight. First it was having Carly. Then it was pregnancy cravings. Then it was her baby shower (even after she'd been diagnosed with gestational diabetes). Now it's that she doesn't think it's healthy to diet while breastfeeding. She really needs to ask herself (for many reasons) if Tyler is the person she should be marrying because there is no question that her weight is going to be a lifelong struggle for her. Rather than add stress to her relationship, maybe she can find someone who likes bigger women. It's also clear that their environment is bad with most people eating junk food and having a lack of knowledge about healthy eating. There's a big gap between McDonald's and a steamed chicken breast but no one in her family seems to know that. 

It's very scary that Amber and Matt are fighting and that alcohol is playing a role given they are recovering addicts. It already was a disaster waiting to happen and now it's even more apparent. Also, is her anxiety the reason she doesn't work, go to school, go to therapy, or do anything productive with her life and sits on the couch all day? By the way, did anyone notice the bathroom of the hotel room when they were leaving Vegas? What a MESS. Towels and crap all over the floor. I wonder what her bathroom at home looks like.

I don't understand why Farrah spends so much time with her parents when she cannot stand them. They are all in a dysfunctional, enabling relationship. I have never seen divorced people and a child who claims her parents abused her spend as much time in the same house as these three. Farrah is awful but they must all feed off the drama (or her $$$) to continue this. And they way they shout and swear in front of Sophia - sleeping or not - is shameful. She is as bad as Jenelle.

• Love 2

Tyler is a jerk in many ways, but he's not wrong to encourage Catelynn on this weight issue.

<snip>

I don't understand why Farrah spends so much time with her parents when she cannot stand them. They are all in a dysfunctional, enabling relationship. I have never seen divorced people and a child who claims her parents abused her spend as much time in the same house as these three. Farrah is awful but they must all feed off the drama (or her $$$) to continue this. And they way they shout and swear in front of Sophia - sleeping or not - is shameful. She is as bad as Jenelle.

I agree Tyler should encourage Catelynn on the weight loss issue - my problem is the way he does it. Maybe he just doesn't know any better, but I feel like the way he approaches her is more harmful than helpful.

I honestly think Farrah can't find anyone else who will tolerate being around her. She can't stand anyone who is less perfect than her (which means, everyone on the planet) but at least her parents are familiar to her even though she can't stand them either. It's the only explanation I can think of for how much time she and her parents spend together.

• Love 1
(edited)

I felt bad for the thought crossing my mind, but when she was trying to wear the too-small dress, she looked so much like Edith Massey doing the same thing in "Polyester". She even had similar underwear.

She needs to lose more, sure, but 20 lbs is something and I don't remember Tyler praising her for getting that far. I thought 1200 sounded too low also, even for a shorter person. Cutting back too much will just make her body drop lean mass and feel too sluggish to get out there and exercise more.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 1
(edited)

I had mixed feeling about the Tyler/ Cate weight sitch. I felt that it was being handled wrong on both sides, probably in service to the show. My husband is overweight and has food issues and I was familiar with Tyler's pattern of trying to "help". I've learned the hard way that even if your partner brings it up a lot, if you chime in it can come across as being a nag, not understanding how hard it is, exactly how deep the issues go etc.. And if the person struggling has to label food "do not eat" that food needs to go. Tyler should offer to exercise with Cate and to adopt a healthier eating plan, but if she doesn't want to, it's her choice. If he wants her to change so badly, he should set a better example and back off a bit.

Conversely, Cate should stop bringing it up all the time, especially when people are trying to enjoy their food. In her defense, she was probably told to try on the dress and talk about it a lot by the producers so that she has a storyline but these aren't easy issues and they could have been handled better. She looks to Tyler for approval way too much. My husband and I are a lot older than these two and we struggle with this stuff. Another reason to wait to have kids, be in long term relationships and get married, I spose.

Farrah looks like the most unhappy person who ever lived. If I hear her say "I don't have time for..." one more time, I'm gonna scream! We get it, you are so important Farrah!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thank God this snoozefest is coming to an end.  Nothing even remotely interesting occurred to any of these people, and bringing back Farrah helped not at all.  I can't imagine the dreck that was edited out if we saw only the "good" stuff.  Speaking of editing, I'm no sound engineer but they definitely dubbed in Farrah speaking about her mother for a brief time when they were at the food promotion event.  Not sure if they replaced what she actually said, or re-recorded the same words using better quality sound because the live microphone didn't pick her up.  But it was a Kardashian moment.

Ryan justifying his lack of seatbelt use because that was how he was raised was piss-poor rationalization.  Hell, we got tossed in the back of pickup trucks on a regular basis back in the 60's, and car seats were metal and cloth death traps, if anyone bothered to buy them.  Times have changed and child safety is a serious issue now.

Amber made Vegas look boring -- eat at a restaurant and go back to the hotel room.  She could have done that in Indiana, minus the helicopter ride.

Good luck with that undergraduate Psych degree, Tyler.  It will take you far in Marine City, Michigan.

That Mom and Me Pepper Sauce Debra's trying to revive has been around for years, and hasn't done squat.  It's made by a private label firm that will bottle anything for a price.  Maybe Deb should try selling Vita Meata Vegamin instead -- just make sure the alcohol content is high enough.

Please, MTV, no more of these semi-literate white trash couch sitters.  Take away their free ride and force them to join the real world and get real jobs.  They've had their books published and their speaking engagements.  It's time to remove the camera crews and allow them to go to restaurants and nail salons where people aren't staring at them.  Let them live in the real world.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 6

Was I hearing things or did Tyler say he had 2 years left on his "psychology degree". What the hell is a psychology degree?

It's a degree that was wildly popular in the 70's when Psychology Today magazine was sold at every grocery store checkout stand.  People became Psych Majors because they didn't know what the Hell else to do and it sounded cool.  A friend of mine who attained one told me "25 cents and a Psych Degree will get you a cup of coffee."  Fortunately, he had a decent paying government job and just wanted to be able to say he had a college degree when promotion time came around.

• Love 1

What the heck Ryan?...Just when I think he might be growing a bit, and being hilariously snarky...he takes five steps back. How in the world can he justify not putting his very young son in a car seat? When it comes to doing whats good for his son, he's a miserable failure. Sad.

• Love 1
(edited)

Years back, I was a Farrapologist. I really felt bad that her mom hit her. I really, really did. But this episode, I so wanted her mom to hit her.

I really liked Farrah too, in the very beginning. I was thrilled for her being the only TM in the franchise to earn a degree (which she still is), and move out on her own, to a different state. Sure, the way she treated her parents was wrong, but I just assumed they were getting what they deserved by raising her that way. Was ever I wrong, as the series went on she got worse and worse. I'll never forget her calling one of Daniel's relatives (don't remember how she was related to him), a "lone bird". Sorry Farrah, that's going to be you.

She lost me when she decided to lie about making porn, her DUI, and all the other things she refuse to own up to.

She's a horrible human being. I really think she has something mentally wrong with her (and no, I'm not trying to be snarky.)

Amber needs to work a program, stat. With some of the tweets anther website posted, she's not sober. She'll end up trading one addiction for another. If anything maybe they can help her see the light about her creeper 'boy'friend?

Edited by LexiconDevilOne
  • Love 3

Ryan justifying his lack of seatbelt use because that was how he was raised was piss-poor rationalization.  Hell, we kids got tossed in the back of pickup trucks on a regular basis back in the 60's, and car seats were metal and cloth death traps, if anyone bothered to buy them.  Times have changed and safety is a serious issue now.

Ryan gave the exact same reason for why Bentley didn't need to go to preschool - that he didn't go and he turned out fine. Maci bit her tongue HARD at that comment. He is a terrible parent.

Also how did I not know that Ryan is 3-4 years older than Maci? She said he's 27 years old and she must be 23. So when she got pregnant she was 16 and he was 19/20? 

All Farrah wants to hear is, "Sure, I will babysit baby goo!"

Maybe that's what scares me about her the most... even when she DOES hear this she's likely to be snotty and mockingly say on the phone to her Mom "oh sure I will watch baby goo."  She gets what she wants and she's still a bitch about it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hell, we kids got tossed in the back of pickup trucks on a regular basis back in the 60's, and car seats were metal and cloth death traps, if anyone bothered to buy them.

Those were good times. When I was a kid in the 70s, there was never a car seat for me or my baby brother. I used to put my legs up on the dashboard and my brother would sit on my legs so he could see out the front window. Once my Mom came to a sudden stop and my brother flew into the windshield and smashed his teeth. It was a bloody mess. The general consensus from the doctor and everyone else was that it was no big deal because they were his baby teeth.

We also had one of those cool station wagons that had two seats that faced out the back window instead of a trunk. Everyone used to fight over who would get the "back back" seats. Once we got rear ended, and facing out the back and watching it happen was really scary. No seat belts, of course.

Edited by Shelby
  • Love 3

Those were good times.

We also had one of those cool station wagons that had two seats that faced out the back window instead of a trunk. Everyone used to fight over who would get the "back back" seats. Once we got rear ended, and facing out the back and watching it happen was really scary. No seat belts, of course.

I remember those. My brother and I used to fantasize that we were the tail gunners in a bomber, lol.

• Love 3
(edited)
t

When the salesgirl told her she would need to lose "four dress sizes" I wanted to punch her in the face. Not one person even suggested she just get another dress!  I'm thinking she could get at least partial store credit for that one since it's never left the shop and find something that she feels beautiful wearing.

Normally once you have a dress altered you can't return it. I don't really  understand why the dress is still at the store (hasn't it been a few years) but four dress sizes is a big deal and she will probably never fit into it again at this rate. She should find another dress so that she will feel good about herself and know she looks beautiful no matter what she weighs but it would probably be a waste of money because I don't think Tyler will EVER marry her. 

Amber needs to get into a program stat.  Thank god she didn't get married in Vegas. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 4

Normally once you have a dress altered you can't return it. I don't really  understand why the dress is still at the store (hasn't it been a few years) but four dress sizes is a big deal and she will probably never fit into it again at this rate

Reminds me of the line from that terrible movie Bride Wars- You don't alter a Vera Wang to fit you, you alter YOU to fit a Vera!

Cate really needs to stop thinking of a "diet" in terms of calorie restriction and focus more on nutrition. It's not just about what you see in the mirror- poor diet leads to artery trouble, bone density issues, muscle deficiency, and a host of health concerns. Cate should, just for shits and giggles, use the myfitnesspal app to track everything she eats in one day. I did that when I was 4 months postpartum and couldn't lose the last 15 pounds, and was absolutely SHOCKED to see how much eating cereal (even "healthy" cereal) packs on the calories. Same with fruit. And my carb/protein fat ratio was like 90/5/5. And I thought I was a healthy eater!

I think that would be eye opening for Cate. No one is saying she has to swear off carbs and eat only organic produce and free range meat she hunted and prepared herself, but a lot of people are surprised by how much they truly eat and how little vitamins they are getting.

I don't think any of the TM or TM2 participants are necessarily models of healthy eating- even skinny Maci probably eats a ton of crap, just in small portions- but I am singling Cate out only because her weight and her excuses have been such a large part of the show this season.

• Love 4

Tyler and Catelynn are in a toxic, lazy, parasitic relationship. Did Dr. Jen point this out to them when they were on Couples Therapy? They are too comfortable in the relationship, and they passively give each other permission to do nothing but breed. Catelynn may be fat, but Tyler is completely uneducated and without a single skill in life. And now he's father to two kids. I don't think either of them will improve anything about their lives while they're in the relationship. Only when they have to go find another partner will they lose weight, get a job, and get some ambition and motivation. I've seen so many people who didn't lose weight for years, and then lost a 100 pounds after they got divorced. At this point, Catelynn doesn't need to lose weight, because Tyler has nowhere to go. He's stuck with her even if she gains 600 pounds and ends up on My 600 Pound Life. Because at this point, Tyler is a huge loser.

• Love 3

He should be bothered because he cares about the safety of his son.  State laws have never fully measured up to what needs to be done for safety... they list the bare minimum.

Thank you for this.  I was wondering why a six year old would even need a carseat.    When my nephew grew out of the carseats he had a booster seat thing until he was about that age but I always thought it was more about being able to see out the window and seat belt comfort.

I think Maci is referring to a booster seat.... many of them look like carseats because they have a back to them.  But they have to have the booster so the seatbelt sits in the right place on their body so it works appropriately.

Personally, I think Ryan should know better, and it isn't difficult to use a booster.  He would think differently if Bentley got hurt or was killed from not using one, and that is the sad thing.

• Love 4