Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: I'll Wed You In The Golden Summertime

It's Alaric and Jo's wedding day and Elena and Bonnie do their best to help a stressed out Jo with the last minute preparations. After uncovering some life-changing news that Damon has been keeping from him, Stefan takes his brother on a road trip to give him some perspective on his future with Elena. Elsewhere, when Caroline returns to Mystic Falls after dealing with the fallout of her humanity-free rampage, she begins making amends with her friends and comes to a realization about her and Stefan's prospects of being together. Finally, when Bonnie begins having vivid nightmares that Lily is coming after her, she enlists Matt's help in taking Lily down.
(edited)

Wow, Julie Plec went all Red Wedding on Jo huh? You know sometimes I get the feeling that Julie's a bit of a misogynist. Then I see something on TVD that confirms it.

Edited by lion10
  • Love 5

If Jo being dead means we get awesome Alaric back, then so be it. He and Damon can go back to being angsty drinking bros.

The rest of the episode was as boring as usual. I guess it makes sense to bring Liv back for the wedding, but I just couldn't care less about her and her 2 minute relationship with Tyler. I'm still way over Steroline too. At this point, I'm just watching for Bonnie and Kai. Poor Bonnie spent a nice chunk of the episode being knocked out, but Kai's wedding crash made up for it.

And was that duct tape on Bonnie's wrist? I'm giggling at the image of Kai putting it on and lovingly stroking her hair while telling her everything's going to be just fine. I'm sure that's exactly how it went down.

• Love 4
(edited)

Uh, I'm a little wierded out, because I actually loved that episode, pretty much all of it, I even felt bad for imaginary human Damon. Any episode that puts the original three girls together always gets me, there was that great scene with Elena/Alaric, a good scene with Stefan/Elena, brother bonding, my beloved Batt, and Kai came back and killed Jo, but only stole Bonnie's blood? I love Kai, I'm gonna MISS him, when he goes. This is the first episode I haven't immediately deleted off the DVR in over two years.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

I'm a party of one over here because I liked it!!  Some of it was a little blah, like Liv and Lily, but everything else was fun to me! 

I don't like Elena and I haven't for a long time but them killing her off isn't something I considered.  I was pretty sure they wouldn't kill her but after tonight, I'm way less sure.  They can't heal her with vamp blood anymore.

Damon in plaid, a hoodie and then his tux was awesome!  Stefan looked gorgeous in his tux.  Caroline was beautiful.  Even Jo was beautiful.  I do wonder about the choice of Alaric's hairstyle - looks like his mom spit on it to smooth down a cowlick - but Alaric still looked good.  I wish Bonnie and Matt had been able to dress up and be at the wedding as well.  It's been a long time since everyone has been in the same place.

I'm over Lily and her witchpire family already, they can go.  It's always fun to see Kai although I'm not a fan of him stabbing Jo in the pregnant belly. 

I'm really looking forward to the finale.  It's going to be a long week for me!

• Love 4

I know I should have been sympathetic to Damon's dilemma, but all I could think of is how old he actually is. He has lived a good 80 years longer than most people could ever possibly hope to live. He wasn't going to die instantly, he was going to get at least another 50-60 years unless there was some intervening event. Boo-fucking-hoo.

How is dead-Elena Damon any different from single Damon. Didn't he spend a lot of time drinking alone? Looking like a sad bastard?

Kai is such a dick. He really enjoyed messing up the wedding. Those fools should have known. Just go to the courthouse! They were basically asking for trouble.

• Love 2
(edited)

YASSS!!!!! KAI IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!

Is it weird that of all the things he's done to Bonnie that line about spooning her while she slept is the creepiest shit ever to me? Also, how well does Bonnie know Kai's mind that it would be something he would say? Probably because it wasn't a real dream but him effing with her.

I will say this was actually a really good episode, and for the FIRST time since they got together, I liked Delena. I liked before they got together but until now, it was a whole lot of meh with retcon-y dialogue that establishes a relationship we never saw on screen (the nice they actually really get along and can have a conversation part). I really am intrigued by the idea of a human Damon even if Elena is gone because his struggle would be fun to watch. It feels like after he became a vampire, his only problems were "will I get/keep the girl" and I really want to see him have an existential crisis. This episode confirmed that I prefer human Elena, I liked what Alaric told her about her being more careful and proactive because she's human. That's how I felt about last week's episode. I think that was my problem with Delena, because I never cared about or liked Damon, my feelings about that relationship correlated with how much I liked her. And I felt like Elena could have a more interesting growth with him and then... season 4 happened. Now that I like her and how she's handling their relationship, I like them. Too bad it took Nina saying "peace" for them to put more thought into the relationship then "they're so hot. Oh, all so consuming. They're bad for each other. boo freaking hoo." If I never hear of an all consuming relationship ever again, it will be too soon. 

I wish there had been more Kai build up before this episode because I love him. I enjoyed the Bonnie/Matt team up. I want her to have more dcene with him and Caroline. 

Random thought: So...when is Kat Graham going to be in a horror movie? She's ready.

Edited by fantique
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow. That was decent. I hope they recover their babies :( and again this proves that Bonnie was right to try and leave Kai in the 1903, also that they should have staked Lily from the jump. Really creepy opening scene too, well done, hasn't been a creepier opening scene since Kai's backstory hunting his family.

blixie what??!! I thought you said you liked it, why did you delete it from your DVR immediately?

Why was Bonnie bleeding? What did I miss?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Wow. That was decent. I hope they recover their babies :( and again this proves that Bonnie was right to try and leave Kai in the 1903, also that they should have staked Lily from the jump. Really creepy opening scene too, well done, hasn't been a creepier opening scene since Kai's backstory hunting his family.

blixie what??!! I thought you said you liked it, why did you delete it from your DVR immediately?

Why was Bonnie bleeding? What did I miss?

Kai more than likely stabbed her or bit her to get her blood to bring back Lily's family OR NOT. I have no idea, but it may give credence to the whole 

Bonnie turns theory floating around.

I have absolutely no idea where they are going with this. I think I'm a little pissed that no one cared ONCE AGAIN that Bonnie was missing when their crazy Mama Salvatore is around. That's why I'm glad that wedding was ruined. 

• Love 2

Hah, NO I haven't deleted it, I am a TERRIBLE proofreader of my own posts.

The other thing I liked was pausing Steroline, I could be open to it next season, but between their weirdly off chemistry and terrible storytelling I'm glad to just have them back to friends.

• Love 4

Kai more than likely stabbed her or bit her to get her blood to bring back Lily's family OR NOT. I have no idea, but it may give credence to the whole 

I have absolutely no idea where they are going with this. I think I'm a little pissed that no one cared ONCE AGAIN that Bonnie was missing when their crazy Mama Salvatore is around. That's why I'm glad that wedding was ruined. 

Gosh, I just read that somewhere and it would piss me off. The defining feature of Bonnie is that she's a witch and she would hate being a vampire. She loves her magic, if they do that, they're going to have hard time convincing me that she would choose to transition. Sigh, the whole blood dripping out on the floor is a really bad sign. Everytime I think that they can't come up with something worse...

Also, just remembered I loved the brother swapping shade thrown at Elena by Stefan.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well Bonnie 

or at least the theory is that she would be a heretic. Hence the reason why SUDDENLY they introduced the whole witches can be vampires too and keep their powers convenient storyline.  She siphoned that other witch's power from the rock, so people believe she may possess the same powers Kai has to a degree.

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ohhhh. Oh dear! I wonder if it has to do with sending some of his family (whom he would assume would attend the wedding) into the prison world or maybe even send half the wedding there. He does seem to have a sense of irony. Also, did I hear it right that she had a bandage on her wrist? Is that what that was? And who here thinks the opening was Kai in her head screwing with her? Also it looks like they might be laying the groundwork (possibly) for Bonnie/Matt given that he's no fan of supernaturals and clearly Damon won't be human any time soon. I'm here for Bamon but if Bonnie were to get the guy she actually deserves it would be Matt. I would say the two of them suffered the most of out basically everyone without the super-lucky supernatural super-squad around to clean up their messes and or supernaturally pick up the pieces. Somewhere TWoP recapper Cindy is happy that her pudding pop is getting scenes.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I thought it was pretty decent too, but I DGAF about Jo or Liv or their family, so all of that was eyeroll-worthy to me. Also, Liv's voice was super trembly the whole episode, like someone with a fear of public speaking, thrust on the stage. Weird.

I didn't love the Defan suburban dream vision quest, but I can see the necessity. I'm also relieved Stefan and Caroline are pausing, because yeah, they need some distance from the toxicity of this season. I hope they can recapture the spark next season.

Bonnie, noooo! I don't know what's happening to her, but it scares me. Could she turn witchpire? Can't remember why Lily's "family" is able to stay witches after they turn b/c anything witchy on these shows (aside from Bennett witches) makes me zone out.

UGH I hope Matt kills Lily dead, really hard, and then the Salvatores can cry and cry about it. He deserves to get one back on them, and Lily is the effing worst.

And um, I'm almost scared to say anything about Elena, because honestly I will be really, really sad if she dies. A season ago, I wouldn't have said that. But she really did improve this year, and her becoming human again was all I ever wanted for her. It would be really tragic for her to die now. I have to believe the show won't go there.

• Love 3

Yeah I figured they might have her die, but I think she'll have her life flash before her eyes and tell Damon not to take the cure, to see what her life can be free of all things Mystic Falls and vampires. I hope she tells him when he's already human. Heh, Katherine all over again. Heee. And yeah I'd be really sad because they have salvaged Elena this year,I truly loved her tonight, sniff, that is close to the heroine I embraced six years ago.

Eep to the Bonnie spec, I never even considered she could or would turn if presented with the option, or that she could become a heretic like Lily's friends. I mean I'm still wondering how Kai got back, one of those heretics just happened to be a Bennet witch? He had a vial of Bonnie's in 1903? I'm so confused.

Stefan was absolutely right about human Damon. When he's on his own and single, he basically parties vampire style. He has no friends and never does anything. He lives life 2 minutes at a time. Human Damon would likely obsess over Elena and pin all of his happiness on her. Stefan on his own goes to college, fights in wars, has friends, dates--he lives life.

I'm glad Kai is back and I love that Bonnie knows him well enough to dream exactly what that psycho would say. But Bonnie and Matt's dumb plan was dumb. Bonnie's a witch just set Lily on fire with your magic.

Elena and Damon are the worst wedding guests.

• Love 4
(edited)

Eep to the Bonnie spec, I never even considered she could or would turn if presented with the option, or that she could become a heretic like Lily's friends. I mean I'm still wondering how Kai got back, one of those heretics just happened to be a Bennet witch? He had a vial of Bonnie's in 1903? I'm so confused.

I assumed he used his magic (and the magic siphoned from the heretics) to astral project his way to the real world long enough to attack Bonnie and get her blood. We know he can do it the other way around and since it would be only him taking the trip on that much juice, he may be able to do more than Elena and Damon did when he took them to 1994. Maybe the fact that the 1903 world is not meant to be his prison also gives him more room to maneuver. Edited by Luciano
  • Love 2

That's another thing, they keep saying Bonnie is stronger than ever now...I've seen NO evidence of that so far. Lily gets the drop on her and Kai does whatever he did...I don't get it.

I actually liked this.  Though I was frustrated because I forgot so much already from earlier in the season.  Like, I didn't even remember who the blonde curly haired girl was until I came here and even then, I had to google it to figure out who Liv was.  

So, after Kai did the Gemini twin murder thing, he was apologetic and all that, right?  Was that all fake? 

Well, I guess killing Jo eliminates the possibility to selectively terminate one fetus so that they didn't have to grow up and play the twin murder game.  I mean, they probably wouldn't have done that anyone because the anti-choice nutjobs probably would have had probably threatened death, but I can at least now fanwank that they could have done that if Jo had lived.  

I'm assuming Damon didn't suck Elena's blood when they were rudely delaying someone's wedding, but it would be sort of awesome if he did.  

That's another thing, they keep saying Bonnie is stronger than ever now...I've seen NO evidence of that so far. Lily gets the drop on her and Kai does whatever he did...I don't get it.

I think she must be. Wasn't it her power Kai was siphoning to be invisible and blow out the barn doors and windows? I am so interested and fascinated by everyone's theories, please, tell me more. *pulls up chair*

• Love 1

I'm still over here wondering if it's like Luciano cleverly suggested and he astral projected or if he's a witchpire now and just fed off her because he was hungry.

• Love 1
Yeah I figured they might have her die, but I think she'll have her life flash before her eyes and tell Damon not to take the cure, to see what her life can be free of all things Mystic Falls and vampires.

I think he'll compel her to forget about him and she'd leave alive.

I hope Kai is staying.....I love him, evil and all.

• Love 1
(edited)

To think this whole episode would have never had the outcome it did if anyone bothered to ever leave Mystic Falls. Matt had the right idea but apparently no one listens. I mean, how would Kai ever have found Jo if she had of bothered to go ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. 

And who here thinks the opening was Kai in her head screwing with her?

Ding! Ding! Ding! I'm glad Bonnie and Matt took it seriously. I was almost surprised they didn't brush it off.  I also think Jo passing out was because of her link to Kai. I also think it was really awesome that Elena immediately told Alaric. So many times do we see on these shows someone saying, "Keep it a secret!" and they do and bad things happen.

I also think Enzo is completely useless and for some odd reason they're keeping the actor around. 

That's another thing, they keep saying Bonnie is stronger than ever now...I've seen NO evidence of that so far.

Bonnie was once the girl that summoned a big ass storm and magic spell to help take down Klaus.  Now she gives people head pain and then gets stabbed in the neck or knocked out. I mean, do something girl! Cast a spell that can reveal things unseen! Make yourself invisible! Use your headache power at whatever is there.  

Well, I guess killing Jo eliminates the possibility to selectively terminate one fetus so that they didn't have to grow up and play the twin murder game.

I was kind of shocked the show went there because baby fetus stabbings are pretty hard core. That's the kind of thing you don't really come back from in terms of redemption. 

So, after Kai did the Gemini twin murder thing, he was apologetic and all that, right?  Was that all fake?

Oh, I think that was real but after Bonnie jettisoned him in the past with a bunch of heretic vampires he's probably over it.  Also, he could have killed Bonnie or Matt but he didn't. Yes, he probably needs Bonnie's blood for a loophole but really she has always been his greatest threat. 

Edited by FiveByFive
  • Love 8

I always thought MM was an insurance policy in case IS didn't resign but he did so??? Yeah, I don't get it either.

BTW FivebyFive kudos on your name and avatar. Amazeballs! I'm sitting in directly across from a Faith doll a friend gave me for my birthday. Favourite Whedon character EVER!

So do we think that Kai is now a witchpire? Or what is everyone's reasoning for taking Bonnie's blood? (aside from the astral travel continuity suggestion which I don't think the writers are clever enough to remember)

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if maybe Kai was sending Bonnie a warning.  I don't remember all the supernatural rules.  I think I recall that witches can't be compelled but perhaps Kai is different?  Or perhaps the witchpires are different and can compel witches?  Like, maybe Kai sent Bonnie that dream to warn her because the witchpires were compelling him to do stuff.

I love Kai, but I think I'll like him best when he's struggling with having feelings while wanting to be a psychopath.  

I was kind of shocked the show went there because baby fetus stabbings are pretty hard core. That's the kind of thing you don't really come back from in terms of redemption. 

Was she stabbed in the belly?  For some reason I thought it was the chest.  

Edited by bluebonnet

Things I liked: Stefan trying to make Damon understand what his future might be as a human. Elena liking being human again.

Things I didn't like: Pretty much everything else. Kai. Ugh. Caroline being forgiven for all the shit she did and she's back to being Miss Perky.

(edited)

SOMEBODY please kill Lilly, (and Enzo), I just can't anymore

I was bored until the last 2 minutes, but the problem with Kai is that he's Klaus 2.0. Klaus did whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted & no one could stop him. It got old really quickly, & Kai is looking like the same thing. I am not interested in an omnipotent villain.

It still feels like Bonnie is in another show, she hardly interacts with everyone else.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4

Well Bonnie 

or at least the theory is that she would be a heretic. Hence the reason why SUDDENLY they introduced the whole witches can be vampires too and keep their powers convenient storyline.  She siphoned that other witch's power from the rock, so people believe she may possess the same powers Kai has to a degree.

But you have to be a specific type of witch to keep being a witch after being a vampire. Bonnie is a normal witch, not a siphoner. SHe would have to be a regular vampire, unless they introduce a loophole but that would be BS...Who am I kidding, the whole show has been BS for a while.

One thing I liked is that it feels like they are setting it up for the brothers to be single and being more of a team so I would like that. I think I want Damon to remain single for the rest of the show's run (which will hopefully be over after season 7). Hopefully, Enzo can go die in a fire. I am wondering at the possibility of Sarah's return. As long as she's not part of an Enzo plot, it could be interesting. What makes the Originals amazeballs (seriously, this last TO episode made up for my disappointment with a GOT episode, it was that good) is that it's about a construct that is not by nature fickle or subjective: family. TVD is mostly about shipping and the mythology is so often swept under the rug when (like KW assessed before wanting to do the project) the most interesting part of it should be this crazy universe it's set in. TO takes full advantage of that.  Because shipping exists anyway, making storylines to incite it is stupid since it naturally comes about these days even in the most unlikely shows and pairings. TVD never wrote for characters and now plots are so half assed and recycled, I don't know what they can do for season 7. Hopefully, them trying to actually tell a story will help. They need to go out with a bang, don't be Gossip Girl show.

I liked that Elena was likeable to me and it's sad that the second to last episode where she appears on the show is when I start feeling sad she's leaving because until tonight, I was dancing with joy at her departure (and I do mean the character, Nina leaving makes me sad but happy for her). 

• Love 1

I was rolling my eyes at some of Jo's wedding stress. First of all, you don't have to buy a pair of expensive shoes that you'll never wear again. Buy a cute pair of non-white shoes (blue! red! fuchsia! yellow!) and then every time you wear them afterward, you will remember you wedding. Or be comfortable and wear flip flops underneath because no one sees your feet. When she complained that her bare feet would distract people from her wrinkled dress, I was like dude, I can see your gown in the background. It's floor length so no one is even going to see your shoes unless you pick up the hem of your dress to show them your shoes/bare feet.

I initially thought that they were at a dress shop in that scene and she was still trying to find a dress since she just said in the previous episode that it was the night before her wedding and she still didn't have a dress. I guess she was up bright and early to buy an off the rack dress that didn't need any alterations at like 8am. Most places that sell wedding dresses will steam it for you so having Bonnie try to figure out how to turn it on seemed stupid and pointless.

When Jo started grunting and grabbing at her stomach during the wedding, I thought that the babies were going to pop out of her body like in Alien but nope, it was just the glorious return of Kai!

While I understand Elena and Stefan trying to show Damon what being a human will really entail, when Stefan got to the part where Elena could die first, I didn't really think he was making a very good point. Elena has taken the cure and is human so she is going to die at some point regardless of whether Damon is a vampire or a human. Either he will be a sad human sitting around drinking or he will be a sad vampire sitting around drinking. That doesn't change the fact that it is going to be terrible for him when she dies, so for me that was a non-argument either for or against becoming human.

I'm glad that when Enzo found out Lily busted out of the dungeon rather than being set free by the Salvatores, his first reaction was to be cautious and concerned. I am interested in finding out exactly what happened. So Kai found a way to escape the 1903 prison world, found Lily in the Salvatore basement, set her free, told her to go find her family in a maze of shipping containers but didn't actually take them to her, then went to stab his sister at her own wedding.

I liked Liv's dress (more than I liked Elena's or Caroline's) but I hope once this season is over I don't have to deal with anyone from the Gemini coven again. Well, except Kai. He can stay as long as they don't Enzofy him into pointlessness.

Elena and Damon are the worst wedding guests.

Not just the worst wedding guests. The worst maid of honor and best man!

So, after Kai did the Gemini twin murder thing, he was apologetic and all that, right?  Was that all fake?

I think he was truly feeling guilty due to merging with Luke and getting some of his nicer personality, but once Bonnie trapped him in 1903 any residual guilt or urge to apologize went out the window. I agree that I like him when he's conflicted about being a psycho. Gleefully psychotic Kai might get old after too long.

I'm assuming Damon didn't suck Elena's blood when they were rudely delaying someone's wedding, but it would be sort of awesome if he did.

I thought he had too, especially because he looked up and said, "I think it's starting." I thought he meant becoming human but I guess he just meant the wedding.

the problem with Kai is that he's Klaus 2.0. Klaus did whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted & no one could stop him. It got old really quickly, & Kai is looking like the same thing. I am not interested in an omnipotent villain.

For me the difference is that I never liked Klaus, and even though he's all powerful and unkillable, I never found him that badass as a villain. Elijah was far scarier to me. Klaus always came off as a spoiled brat who acted like an even more spoiled brat specifically because he knew that no one could kill him. Kai, on the other hand, I find both amusing and scary.

Part of me gets Caroline's "the show must go on" attitude about the wedding because hey, it's Jo and Alaric's wedding day and we shouldn't let tardy people delay things. But hello, you live in Mystic Falls so maybe you should be a little more concerned when you can't reach FOUR of your friends and you know that none of them would deliberately miss Alaric's wedding. That isn't a huge red flashing danger sign?

Speaking of wedding guests, no one bothered to invite Jeremy?

In other practical matters, Elena made sure to curl ALL of her hair in the morning while she helped Jo get ready and then just before the wedding she totally straightened it? Seems like a waste of time there.

But on a shallow note, that shot of Elena by herself backlit by the windows in the barn before Damon came in was beautiful.

• Love 1

Ha, one small detail I liked about the wedding was that we saw some of the guests taking pictures of Jo walking down the aisle with their phones. I did think it was weird that everyone didn't stand up when she entered though. Every wedding I've been to, whether it was in a church, at the beach, and everywhere in between, people stood up to watch the bride walk down the aisle.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, they weren`t kidding when they invoked that infamous wedding scene from Dynasty. This was almost exactly like it.

I`m with Jo on laughing about the best men and bridesmaid sneaking off into the hay. I mean, you get married in a BARN, that almost has to happen. And I can`t help it, I found that scene sweet and funny. I`d have rather had Delena had lots more good-natured encounters like that during their run than dramatic speeches on how wrong they were for each other, followed by angsty break-up sex and getting back together right after.  

Why are Matt and Tyler so good-natured about doing wedding chores for Caroline? Especially Matt who apparently hates vampires now? At least Tyler and Caroline talked about it but she was the one who stabbed Matt.

And Caroline bounced back pretty well into perky control freak. I get that she is just trying to push through and go back to normalcy but on top of ALMOST killing people you love, you did actually kill a couple random people, Care. Somehow I expected more of a fall-out from this then hitting pause with Stefan.

I think Stefan`s visions were designed to have a point - Damon wasn`t wrong about that - but they were also pretty accurate - Stefan wasn`t wrong about that either. This isn`t the life for Damon. Stefan apparently tried it out a few times but Damon IMO never did the pretend-human-thing. Elena going back to being human, I can buy but after 150 + years of super-strength, super-speed, super-healing and super-mind-control, noone could probably go back to being a mere human. I highly doubt Stefan in his pretend-lifes didn`t slip here and there either. It`s all fine and good as long as you still have your powers.

Continue to not care about Lily and her boring-ass family of heretics. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
(edited)

I assumed he used his magic (and the magic siphoned from the heretics) to astral project his way to the real world long enough to attack Bonnie and get her blood. We know he can do it the other way around and since it would be only him taking the trip on that much juice, he may be able to do more than Elena and Damon did when he took them to 1994. Maybe the fact that the 1903 world is not meant to be his prison also gives him more room to maneuver.

Ahhh this makes perfect sense, and Kai looked awfully rough, pale/shitty, so he must of really let the witchpires snack the hell out of him, then siphoned up all their power to project himself out of the prison, my only thing is if it was possible to reverse astral project that is a really really shitty "prison".

Oh and I don't think Kai, is free of his delightfully annoying conscience, the whole point is he's still has his psychotic urges and desires, and he definitely doesn't want to allow Jo's twins to usurp him so I get why he targeted her, but he also left Matt/Bonnie alive something full on Evil Kai wouldn't have done, except that he crushes BonBon his most formidable adversary.

Edited by blixie

How sad would it be that Elena returns to being a human only to be killed by a falling chandelier at a wedding.

I was actually bored with most of this ep, the wedding prep, hell everything about the wedding, Caroline's return to perky (was anyone else expecting her to bake tons of sowwy cookies like BtVS's Willow?), even the Stefan and Damon scenes with possible outcomes of Damon turning back into a human. Zzzzzz But then:

Kai, you magnificent bastard. I liked Bonnie's vision of him at the beginning of the episode, he can be so terrifying even in a dream/vision, so seeing him reappear at the very end of the ep and cause havok actually made me jump in my seat a little; and the thought of that psycho spooning Bonnie gave me the chills! Seems to me that he could have killed Bonnie and Matt but did not for whatever reason, he just wanted her blood I assume to release Lily's brood of boring witchy vampire raisins from 1903.

I still find Lily boring as hell so am not really looking forward to what happens when she and her witch-pires are reunited.

I just hate a lot of the "epic" romantic moments this show tries to build up. With Elena and Damon in particular. I'm never ashamed of watching any show I watch. But, as a 32 year old straight male, she like the scene where Damon confirms that he's going to take the cure with the swelling music and all that shit makes me question my judgement. Not the stuff I tune in for here.

• Love 2

Ahhh this makes perfect sense, and Kai looked awfully rough, pale/shitty, so he must of really let the witchpires snack the hell out of him, then siphoned up all their power to project himself out of the prison, my only thing is if it was possible to reverse astral project that is a really really shitty "prison".

Oh and I don't think Kai, is free of his delightfully annoying conscience, the whole point is he's still has his psychotic urges and desires, and he definitely doesn't want to allow Jo's twins to usurp him so I get why he targeted her, but he also left Matt/Bonnie alive something full on Evil Kai wouldn't have done, except that he crushes BonBon his most formidable adversary.

I think Bonnie is going to be the key to his downfall.  Not her formidable witch powers but the fact that she is the only person Kai has EVER had any feelings for.  I think she is becoming the one person he CAN'T kill.  He'll hate her - which is an emotion - but he won't kill her.  She'll kill him.

• Love 4

I didn't have warm and fuzzy thoughts of Alaric getting a happily ever after with Jo and baby when there was no news of Matthew Davis leaving the show this season, but I wasn't expecting TVD to go all Game of Thrones on that wedding, even worse Kai killing his sister. 

Was his good act faking or did his time in 1903 and what Bonnie did turn him back to his old self?

Damon is the worst best man ever, Matt and Tyler helped Alaric more and was there for him while he wasn't around all day and then almost missed the wedding because he had to literally roll in the hay with Elena?

After Liv showed up, I wondered why Elena didn't get removed from her duties she was failing at, I guess needing her to stand there next to Jo while Kai went crazy was that reason. 

Love Stefan for the brother swap line.

Why is Matt and Tyler doing anything Caroline says and even speaking to her? Having her switch back on, doesn't change what she did. Matt especially should be having nothing to do with her.

• Love 2

Kai wouldn't be a witchpire. Last week he was shown with vampire bite marks. If they haven't healed he's not a vampire, just a blood bag for his new buds.

I'm kinda crossing my fingers that his attack is all part of a magnificently bastardly plan to kill all the witchpires. He was at a disadvantage in 1903 prison world and needed their help to escape (possibly through a group spell similar to that which created the prison worlds in the first place but going the other way). It remains to be seen how serious the attack on Jo was, and I'm desperately hoping it was illusory though it probably wasn't.

I didn't quite catch what Lily said to Enzo when they got to the place where she was supposed to meeting up with her 'family'.

If he was just astral projecting than yes, he was just yanking Lily's chain, and seriously I have no idea why Kai would free her witchpire friends.

The differences between Kai and Klaus are wide and varied IMO the most important one being Kai is a genius, he's more Brainiac while Klaus is Zod. Kai could best the tantrum throwing Klaus in an instant because Kai has the patience of Job and the timing of a watch. He is meticulous in his planning and never does something without an expectant outcome. If Lily's creepers get out it is only because he has plans for them.

• Love 6