Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: I'll Wed You In The Golden Summertime

I don't care if Jo or Elena are dead.  I used to like Elena, but I've been bored by her for several seasons now.

I want Bonnie to kill Kai.

That's all I've got.

• Love 2

I am very happy to see Kai back in Mystic Falls, but I am completely lost as to what that scene with Lily and Ezo at the docks was all about.  I rewound several times and couldn't catch what the dialogue was regarding how Lily knew to go to that specific spot.  Was it a set up?  Are the witchpires mad at Lily for leaving for them?  Is Lily even aware the witchpires are no longer freeze dried?  *sigh*  So many questions.

I enjoyed the scenes with Stefan showing Damon what human life could hold for him.  The brothers' relationship has always been the most compelling one on this show (for me).  I agree with everyone who says that Damon will be miserable as a human.  Elena is actually right in that Damon has to want it for himself and not for her.  I know Damon thinks the Delena will last forever, but he has lived long enough to realize that no one falls in love thinking it will end.  If things don't work out, Damon can't go back to being a vampire.  If they don't stay together, Damon is stuck being human and, unlike Elena (or even Stefan), he doesn't miss the human life.   I kind of hope Elena dies from the incident at the wedding and Damon realizes (at some point) that he dodged a bullet by not taking the cure.  And please, God, let this be the last time that freakin' stupid cure is ever mentioned on this show.

Carebear being back in all her party planning control freak goodness was a treat.  I get that she should have some consequences for what she did, but hell, nobody else has any so why should Caroline?!  I truly don't understand why she needs to hit the pause button on her and Stefan though.  Other than the obvious plot driven reason, I don't understand why she would feel like being in a romantic relationship with her best friend would be a bad thing for her right now.  If the show is actually going to stand by this decision, I hope we get a scene where she explains how she is feeling to Bonnie or Elena or somebody!

In other news: Alaric is an idiot. I can't help but flashback to the scene in the cemetery when Damon told him to kill Kai like a million times and he wouldn't listen. Then Matt tells him to take his baby mama and run and his answer is to have the grandest of weddings in Mystic Falls? I don't want to say Darwinism but at the same time I do. People this dumb shouldn't be procreating. Also, maybe if he spent more time worrying about Bonnie and helping her with Kai this wouldn't have happened. Idiot+Douchebag.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am very happy to see Kai back in Mystic Falls, but I am completely lost as to what that scene with Lily and Ezo at the docks was all about. I rewound several times and couldn't catch what the dialogue was regarding how Lily knew to go to that specific spot. Was it a set up? Are the witchpires mad at Lily for leaving for them? Is Lily even aware the witchpires are no longer freeze dried? *sigh* So many questions.

She just said that the witchpires weren't the ones who gave her the address. I think it's implied that Kai was the one who did, since he shows up in the next scene. Maybe he just didn't want her hanging around whining about her freakin' family for the millionth time while he wreaked havoc at the wedding. Edited by Luciano
  • Love 2
(edited)

She just said that the witchpires weren't the ones who gave her the address. I think it's implied that Kai was the one who did, since he shows up in the next scene. Maybe he just didn't want her hanging around whining about her freakin' family for the millionth time while he wreaked havoc at the wedding.

That does sound like Kai. "I thought you'd be more fun but this is boring, you bore me. Hey, go here!"

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Okay, so I'm confused about something guys. Damon wanted to take the cure too, but it's a one dose, right? So he would drink Elena's blood and it would cure him as well? Or is he supposed to drain her entirely like Silas did to Kat (which wouldn't be bad since she's been a vamp for like six months)? So if he can drink a little bit of her blood and get the cure and she's still human and he's human and they both have the cure running through their veins (as Stefan said), couldn't they cure other vampires? Or does the amount in your blood get more diluted every time?

TL;DR: how the hell is Damon supposed to take the cure too?

• Love 2

Ha, I think we try to tackle this question every week. I'll take a shot.

The cure was one dose, yes. So Elena took it.

Damon would drink from her in order to also be cured. I don't believe we know whether Damon would have to drain her entirely, but we do know that only one vampire can drink from a cured vampire and also receive the cure.

That vampire then becomes the carrier of the cure, so to speak. Both would be human, but Damon would be the carrier of the cure. Elena's blood would no longer act as a cure. 

And it seems that there is some magic in the cure that allows the newly-human vampire to age from their vamped age, but once a vampire drinks from them, they begin to rapidly age to their "actual" age. So it's not particularly dangerous for Elena to live as the human carrier of the cure, because if she were bitten and suddenly age to her actual age, it would make her 21. If Damon becomes the carrier, it means if any vampire ever drinks from him, he will die within weeks, because he is 166 years old.

Does all that make sense? (Or...TVD sense, at least?)

• Love 4

Damon would drink from her in order to also be cured. I don't believe we know whether Damon would have to drain her entirely, but we do know that only one vampire can drink from a cured vampire and also receive the cure.

That vampire then becomes the carrier of the cure, so to speak. Both would be human, but Damon would be the carrier of the cure. Elena's blood would no longer act as a cure.

And it seems that there is some magic in the cure that allows the newly-human vampire to age from their vamped age, but once a vampire drinks from them, they begin to rapidly age to their "actual" age. So it's not particularly dangerous for Elena to live as the human carrier of the cure, because if she were bitten and suddenly age to her actual age, it would make her 21. If Damon becomes the carrier, it means if any vampire ever drinks from him, he will die within weeks, because he is 166 years old.

Lol right? I so want a moratorium on this conversation.

(edited)

Could Kai have gotten the ascendant from another prison world?  Wasn't that how Bonnie was able to escape?  

I have a really bad memory when it comes to this show.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 1

So how did Kai get back to the real world without the Ascendant and where are the witchpires? Are they stuck in the prison world?

Luciano seems to think that he astral projected until he could get Bonnie's blood and possibly another ascendant, also with each day restarting again and again maybe the ascendant just reappeared? Who knows what the prison rules are for 1903 and given his witchywoo strengthening after becoming head of the coven maybe he doesn't even need the ascendant any more. Just as an aside I think it's hilarious that I've used the word ascendant so many times that the spellcheck is actively autocorrecting my errors.

• Love 2

While the best part for me was Stefan being realistic about how Damon would fare as a human he said "neither of you can cook."  Wrong!  I distinctly remember Damon cooking spaghetti sauce, and pancakes, and I'm pretty sure Elena has cooked and brought stuff to gatherings, too. 

I hate that Damon has to forego common sense because it's all romantic to be unrealistic!

Luciano seems to think that he astral projected until he could get Bonnie's blood and possibly another ascendant, also with each day restarting again and again maybe the ascendant just reappeared? Who knows what the prison rules are for 1903 and given his witchywoo strengthening after becoming head of the coven maybe he doesn't even need the ascendant any more. Just as an aside I think it's hilarious that I've used the word ascendant so many times that the spellcheck is actively autocorrecting my errors.

Wait, can you physically affect the world you've astral projected into?  I thought that the fact they couldn't physically affect the world they projected into was part of the drama of trying to stop Bonnie from killing herself.  And why did Bonnie and Matt pass out once they were in Lily's cell and how did she escape?  This episode was really confusing to me because I missed bits and pieces of it.

(edited)

Wait, can you physically affect the world you've astral projected into?  I thought that the fact they couldn't physically affect the world they projected into was part of the drama of trying to stop Bonnie from killing herself.  And why did Bonnie and Matt pass out once they were in Lily's cell and how did she escape?  This episode was really confusing to me because I missed bits and pieces of it.

You can. They were writing things and moving things around with Kai or at least Jeremy was until Kai got stabbed by Liv. Kai could probably do even more since it was just him he was projecting.

Edited by slayer2

On a related note, I originally thought that Damon was going to take the cure by getting the one from the 1903 prison world, but I guess sucking it from Elena is a valid option too. It all seems moot now that Elena has been knocked out though.

There's a copy of the Ascendant in every Prison world. Kai didn't need the Ascendant that Bonnie destroyed. He already had a copy in the 1903 world. He had magic. What he needed was Bennett blood.

But they took that Ascendant when they left him there. I guess it resets everyday?

I don't think it resets since Bonnie was working with a broken ascendant for a while in 1994 world.  But I think Kai could have traveled to other prison worlds to get an ascendant since he now has magic. 

The contents of the prison world definitely seemed to reset while Bonnie/Damon were there, yet Lily ran out of blood in the 1903 one. So y'know it has zero mythological rules.

I remember that they both made chili for one of the founding family events! They were being flirty and Alaric gave them some major side eye.

Cripes, Human Elena really is a flirty little minx. Her line to Stefan about Salvatores in tuxedos was definitely flirting. Loved Stefan's rebuff. However being shallow myself, I do have to agree with her!

The contents of the prison world definitely seemed to reset while Bonnie/Damon were there, yet Lily ran out of blood in the 1903 one. So y'know it has zero mythological rules.

Yeah, they seemed wildly inconsistent with these rules.  Maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time remembering what was what.  Bonnie could apparently recover quickly from Kai's many murder attempts, but she thought she'd be able to successfully suicide, even though Kai said he had been unable to do so.  

I really have no idea what's going on.  

Maybe each prison world has its own rules according to what it's imprisoning. Kai was a power-hungry witch who needed others to siphon magic from, so he gets punished by getting stuck in a world where he's alone. Lily was a ripper, so she gets punished by being put in a world with her vampiric "family" and a finite source of blood. She could give into her bloodlust and quickly run out or she could fight to control herself and still eventually run out. It'll reset what it needs to in order to keep the prisoner alive - Kai gets an infinite amount of food and the inability to kill himself and I'm guessing the latter also goes for Lily. She doesn't need blood to stay "alive," though, since turning into a desiccated vampire would add to the punishment.

Bonnie's injuries and suicide bid are a mystery unless we believe that she would have been unsuccessful even if she had decided to go all the way or that injuries heal rapidly in the prison world. Her wounds had to be treated (and she did have access to a hospital) but she shouldn't have been able to walk around so easily after being stabbed the second time in Portland.

(edited)

No, it was left behind. To quote Kai in that same episode:

The Ascendant can't travel between worlds. - page 22 of The World Jumping Rule Book.

The Ascendant always comes in pairs - the one in our 'real world' and its copy in the Prison World it locks. Whenever they travel, the Ascendant is left behind. When Damon left 1994, it was left behind (in pieces) and was pieced together. When Kai left, it was left behind for Bonnie to find and use. The 1903 Ascendant was also left behind for Kai to presumably use. And when they left the real world for 1903, you can actually see that the Ascendant is left behind in the real world and they start looking for the 1903 version.

At least, that has been consistent so far. No telling what will be retconned in the episodes or seasons to come.

Ohhhhh thanks chica! That makes supersense now. So Luciano must be right that he astral projected to get Bonnie's blood before using the ascendant to get back corporeally (I feel like I just made that word up).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ohhhh. Oh dear! I wonder if it has to do with sending some of his family (whom he would assume would attend the wedding) into the prison world or maybe even send half the wedding there. He does seem to have a sense of irony. Also, did I hear it right that she had a bandage on her wrist? Is that what that was? And who here thinks the opening was Kai in her head screwing with her? Also it looks like they might be laying the groundwork (possibly) for Bonnie/Matt given that he's no fan of supernaturals and clearly Damon won't be human any time soon. I'm here for Bamon but if Bonnie were to get the guy she actually deserves it would be Matt. I would say the two of them suffered the most of out basically everyone without the super-lucky supernatural super-squad around to clean up their messes and or supernaturally pick up the pieces. Somewhere TWoP recapper Cindy is happy that her pudding pop is getting scenes.

I am happy that my Pudding Pop is getting scenes, and even happier that he refused Elena's blood, because he didn't want to be a hypocrite. I was so rooting for him to kill Lily. I don't know why Damon and Stefan didn't. Yeah, I get she's their mother, but she has zero feeling for them, is a ripper, and is batshit insane. 

I assumed he used his magic (and the magic siphoned from the heretics) to astral project his way to the real world long enough to attack Bonnie and get her blood. We know he can do it the other way around and since it would be only him taking the trip on that much juice, he may be able to do more than Elena and Damon did when he took them to 1994. Maybe the fact that the 1903 world is not meant to be his prison also gives him more room to maneuver.

Thank you for that, I was so confused.

Thank you! Yes, it at least makes TVD sense. I was so confused, because I kept remembering Katherine losing teeth and hair. The mythology remains a tangled mess of spaghetti.

I like Jo and I like her a lot with Alaric. I hope she doesn't die. I also hope Elena doesn't die. I hope she and Damon have a heart to heart and she leaves town. I think I only made it through this season, because I was ready to quit, when I heard that Nina wouldn't return. I don't love what's happened to her character over the years, but I love her and wanted to see her out the door, so to speak.

Hi everyone. I hope you're well. Happy Mother's Day.

Edited by CindyMcLennan
  • Love 2

While the best part for me was Stefan being realistic about how Damon would fare as a human he said "neither of you can cook."  Wrong!  I distinctly remember Damon cooking spaghetti sauce, and pancakes, and I'm pretty sure Elena has cooked and brought stuff to gatherings, too. 

I hate that Damon has to forego common sense because it's all romantic to be unrealistic!

I have a feeling that Stefan might be kind of a snob when it comes to cooking skills ;)

• Love 1

I am happy that my Pudding Pop is getting scenes, and even happier that he refused Elena's blood, because he didn't want to be a hypocrite. I was so rooting for him to kill Lily. I don't know why Damon and Stefan didn't. Yeah, I get she's there mother, but she has zero feeling for them, is a ripper, and is batshit insane.

Cindy!!! I missed you! I totally agree they need to stake the crap outta Old Crazy Eyes or should we call her Earl Grey? She's truly the worst and I hope this isn't forecasting for her and her little minions to be the next big bad because there's no way they are going to be even a quarter as compelling as Kai, just no way.

(edited)

I have a feeling that Stefan might be kind of a snob when it comes to cooking skills ;)

I'm pretty sure Stefan was the one who made spaghetti sauce. I have this dim memory from season one. He was at Gilbert Gables, before Elena figured out he was a vampire (but maybe just before). I think she might have cut herself while they were cooking and he turned away, while he vamped out. I think Damon can make pancakes, cocktails, and reservations. And hey, that's the not the worst skill set for a guy to have.

Cindy!!! I missed you! I totally agree they need to stake the crap outta Old Crazy Eyes or should we call her Earl Grey? She's truly the worst and I hope this isn't forecasting for her and her little minions to be the next big bad because there's no way they are going to be even a quarter as compelling as Kai, just no way.

Oh, thank you so much. I lurk here, a lot. I just feel awkward posting. But since we might (I am not spoiled, but do know Dobrev is leaving the show) see Elena's death, I felt like I had to chime in.

I'm really afraid the heretics are going to be the next bad, which will be a total squandering of Kai. Am I remembering correctly? I know Dobrev is leaving, but is Trevino also leaving. It seems like it should be Dobrev and Roerig, so that Elena and Matt can go off, human, and live a human life.

I don't blame Dobrev for leaving, at all. That said, my understanding is that next season IS the last season (I could be wrong), so I keep wondering why Nina couldn't hang in one more year. Yeah, the Ian break-up and his new marriage blah blee bloo. I just -- I don't even know what this show is without Elena, even though her characterization has probably bugged me more than any other.

Edited by CindyMcLennan
(edited)

You're correct Trevino is leaving as well. But Plec seems to think she can get him back on some sort of recurring basis so I guess we'll have to see about that. Me, I'm excited to see MF without Elena, I'll miss Katherine but Bonnie is my favourite character and your pudding pop one of my favourites as well and it saddens me that we hadn't seen them really interact since she saved his life in the pool. Also to me Stefan and Damon haven't really been characters for 6 seasons, to me they've just been alternating Elena Gilbert bodyguards. So I'm excited to see what their personalities are truly like, which I think is a sad thing to have to type 6 seasons into a show's run.

The way they left things in this episode it looked like Jo's life was in mortal danger more than anyone's, I mean Elena was just lying on the ground not bleeding at all so I wonder how they'll get her from A to B in the next episode. I may have blinked one too many times but I didn't see how she ended up presumably unconscious on the floor any more than anybody else (human) could have.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I agree. I'm a little excited to see what the Salvatore Brotherhood will be like, outside the triangle. I think, at its core, the Elena character was great and Dobrev did fine by her role(s), but the writing did not. Elena was too often crying, or a damsel, or both. It was refreshing, in this most recent episode, to see her talk happily to Alaric about her humanity. I miss our fierce girl from season 1.

Early on, Elena was the moral center of the show, but her vampirism (and whinging) just ruined that. And when she had her Damon-love memories compelled out of her head, I was ready to give it all up. Actually, I did give it up. I just forgot to cancel my season pass. It was only once I heard Dobrev was leaving that I came back.

What is truly funny to me, is that, yonks ago, when I asked to cover TVD for TWoP, the TWoP Powers That Be were nearly uniform in their conviction that the show wouldn't last a season. Only one of the editors (Mindy Monez, who left a year or so  before the site was shut down) and I, thought the series had any legs. I won't pretend to have loved everything that has happened on this show, but I knew from the premise (unlike editorial, I hadn't even seen screeners when I put in for it) the show would have legs.

It didn't end up being the show I wanted it to be. (Truthfully, I probably wanted it to be more of a Buffy, and that's because of my own biases.) That said, it's carried on for six years. I haven't loved all or even most of it, but this little show has had staying power. And I think this episode "I'll Wed You In The Golden Summertime," is a great example of why. It was confusing (the mythology stuff has me so lost, since I stopped recapping) and convoluted, but it was also exciting and things actually happened.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree. I'm a little excited to see what the Salvatore Brotherhood will be like, outside the triangle. I think, at its core, the Elena character was great and Dobrev did fine by her role(s), but the writing did not. Elena was too often crying, or a damsel, or both. It was refreshing, in this most recent episode, to see her talk happily to Alaric about her humanity. I miss our fierce girl from season 1.

Me too. I was really excited to see her resurface in this episode as well it was like the minute she turned human there our Elena was again, telling Damon not to rush into things and telling Stefan to convince him against it. There is a woman who doesn't NEED a man but WANTS one which is the way she was written all the way into mid-season three when they mucked it up with Damon. I really do feel like human Elena and Damon would never last whether he's human or not.

I think this episode alone proved that Damon's still pretty childish while she is a caring, considerate, smart and affectionate person. I don't see someone like that falling for an asshole like Damon. Not that assholes don't have their charms but this episode really solidified for me the differences in the way Elena and Damon see the world I mean she works in a hospital for godsakes, she had to talk Damon out of not using her friends and family as bloodbags on a regular basis. No way he wouldn't be miserable being human, I know he's always been a romantic at heart but he's also always been really selfish and lazy, Stefan I could see turning human and having no problems but IMO Damon? No way. To me just because he got an apartment above a newly compelled bar doesn't mean he can hack it for even a year. What is the Master's line again? "I give it a century." ha! I give it 6months.

Good on you for seeing the show had legs, I agree what it started out as was somewhat masterful, but after KW left and we were left with Plec and her various "shocking deaths" I feel like the show became a parody of itself. Oh what wasted potential. 

Edited by slayer2

Cindy!! So good to see you posting! I still think "Pudding Pop" whenever I see Matt. :-)

The mere thought of Lily and her witch-pires as next season's Big Bad depresses me. Not a spoiler, just a feeling, unless they're all taken out in the finale by my beloved psycho Kai.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't care if Jo or Elena are dead.  I used to like Elena, but I've been bored by her for several seasons now.

Me, I've been repulsed by Elena for several seasons and I will be GLAD if she dies as is hinted. Elena has been a self centered and selfish person from the start despite her half hearted attempts to look compassionate with about as much intelligence and character development as a rock, but at least when she became a vampire she wasn't completely helpless and could occasionally be awesome on top of that. Elena and her love triangle have been dragging down the show since the beginning so Elena's death could only help the show at this point. As long as they don't spend the next season crying "Oh no Elena is DEAD!!!" at every possible opportunity I'm all for having her gone.

Edited by immortalfrieza

But somewhere along the line, the writing devolved into the Damon Diaries, as so many have said.

I don`t think it was Damon himself but the romance/shipping aspect that overpowered everything else and was badly written on top. Damon is still my fave character so it`s not that he became uninteresting to me - sadly, that goes to Matt who bores me to tears most of the time - but I would want them to focus on interesting plots again and then incorporate the characters into them in interesting ways. Not write so-so plots around certain characters.    

Wow, what an episode.  Sadly, I think Jo is toast :(     Or maybe only 1 baby dies, and Kai won't care about her anymore and her & Alaric will get out of town for good.  Matt Davis has a pilot coming up, so I wonder if Alaric will be leaving?  I've been doing a lot of thinking about the finale and have a couple of ideas as to how Elena will be written off:  1) She's in a coma from her injuries.  Kai ties his life to hers, so no one will come after him to kill him.  The group each visits Elena in her dreams/memories and she tells them to pull her plug to save them/the world, etc. and so Damon pulls the plug at the end of the show - i.e.,  Kai dies, Elena saves everyone and goes out a hero.     2)  Same premise - she's in a coma and she stays that way - in case they want Elena to come back in the Series Finale and ride off with Damon into the sunset.

(edited)

But somewhere along the line, the writing devolved into the Damon Diaries, as so many have said.

I don`t think it was Damon himself but the romance/shipping aspect that overpowered everything else and was badly written on top. Damon is still my fave character so it`s not that he became uninteresting to me - sadly, that goes to Matt who bores me to tears most of the time - but I would want them to focus on interesting plots again and then incorporate the characters into them in interesting ways. Not write so-so plots around certain characters.

Response taken the Damon thread.

Edited by miss-vanilla

The first wound - arrow shot - was bandaged up by Kai. We see her remove an old bandage when she got the hospital and replace it with a fresh one. And I think he probably did it for the second one. It's definitely consistent with the duct tape on her wrist in the last episode, after presumably draining her blood.

Now, why you'd stab someone in the stomach or slash their wrists, then bandage them up... I mean why not give them a non-fatal injury to start with? Well, that's part of Kai's sick psyche and the sicker way he treated Bonnie. e.g. cooking her Thanksgiving dinner and then stabbing her, when he could have just stabbed her and taken her blood first.

The thing that was throwing me off was the stomach wound right before he left her alone in Portland - she woke up and didn't seem to be in that much pain even though the bottom of her shirt was soaked in blood when she was looking around for the car. It could be that he didn't take off immediately and instead bandaged her up before escaping into the prison world, but it was still odd to see her walking around and not in any major pain.

I know it hasn't been explained yet, but if Kai really did astral project, how exactly would he have gotten Bonnie's blood back to the 1903 prison world??  I didn't think they could physically take or leave things through astral projection - just interact with whatever was already there...

(edited)

Elena can't cook. In season 1 she used to get take out all the time. Damon makes awesome pancakes with fangs why would you ever want anything else?

But more importantly, Elena is 20! She hasn't even finished college yet. She has all the time in the world to learn how to cook so how is that a relevant argument on why their relationship as humans is doomed. 

Then again Stephan has always been pompous about his cooking skills "Usually I make my own mozzarella" (#nevereverforget)

I remember that they both made chili for one of the founding family events! They were being flirty and Alaric gave them some major side eye.

Haha yes! I remember Damon telling her specifically not to make chili, because everyone will be making it. Also, he's been in MF for a long time, the Gilbert family recipe sucks

Edited by raytch

Elena is 20! She hasn't even finished college yet. She has all the time in the world to learn how to cook so how is that a relevant argument on why their relationship as humans is doomed.

This is very true. My mother is renowned for her culinery skills but my dad is full of stories of her failed cooking attempts in college with him and his brother as the taste-testing guinea pigs.

• Love 1

This is very true. My mother is renowned for her culinery skills but my dad is full of stories of her failed cooking attempts in college with him and his brother as the taste-testing guinea pigs.

Haha, truth be told, I only started cooking when I moved out of my parents' house. Which only makes sense, because when you're still in high school and you have someone cooking for you, why would you even consider it?

• Love 3

I think Stefan (and Elena, since this was her idea to begin with) was just throwing everything he could out there to paint this picture of suburban hell or whatever. But yeah, I cooked when I was in HS/college, but didn't get good at it until my 20s. I'm sure Elena would/will learn. And I do think Damon can cook too. He probably just doesn't care to, because he never used to try to stay connected to his humanity like Stefan did.

• Love 1
(edited)

Then again Stephan has always been pompous about his cooking skills "Usually I make my own mozzarella" (#nevereverforget)

That line always got on my nerves - why on earth would you pronounce mozzarella like that yet get your own surname so wrong?

Given that Elena ' s parents had died, I would have thought she would have picked up the basics but then aunt Jenna was pretty useless. I think tbh Stefan was kind of projecting a bit. I love me some Salvatore bonding, but Stefan, who let's be honest loves all things human, is probably not the right person to be trying to convince you not to take the cure.

That said his argument about other revenge seeking vamps made sense. Damon really hadn't thought the whole buy a bar by a med school thing through. Firstly Elena has to want to go there and get in. That girl has seriously slacked off and can't compel herself good grades any more. Secondly if anyone was to look for them, I guessing that a med school in NW America would be an easy list to Google and work through.

Edited by Jads

Damon has lived as a vampire for nearly two Centuries, and navigated and survived the supernatural world and many attempts on his life. The fact that Stefan thinks that he wouldn't be able to come up with a plan that would enable him and Elena to live comfortably, and make new friends is laughable. Stefan never fails to underestimate his brother, and point out his failings.

The thing that none of them seem to get about Damon, is that ANY life with Elena, human or vampire is what will make him happy. That is what he wants, that is the ONLY thing he wants.

• Love 1

Damon has lived as a vampire for nearly two Centuries, and navigated and survived the supernatural world and many attempts on his life. The fact that Stefan thinks that he wouldn't be able to come up with a plan that would enable him and Elena to live comfortably, and make new friends is laughable. Stefan never fails to underestimate his brother, and point out his failings.

No, Stefan's just showing good old common sense. It's just rational to think that Damon would have some problems making the drastic transition from vampire who can do whatever whenever, to human having to live by all kinds of rules, not to mention the many other complications. I myself have had doubts about things people I knew were about to do that were far less drastic.

And I think Damon (who has harped on Stefan's "shortcomings" plenty of times) would be saying similar things if the shoe was on the other foot.

The thing that none of them seem to get about Damon, is that ANY life with Elena, human or vampire is what will make him happy. That is what he wants, that is the ONLY thing he wants.

You know, if that's the case, if all Damon really needs to be happy is to "be with the girl," I'd see that as a lack of character growth. Because that's pretty much what he was all about when the show started, and what he's been all about through the show's run, to varying degrees. And, with a character like that, I'd think part of their growth would be learning that, as great as being with the person you love is, there's more than that to having a happy, full life.

Then again, with this show, who knows.

• Love 3

Just gonna say it: immortality is the greatest gift anyone can ever have. Factor in super strength, daylight ring, healing, and compulsion and Damon would be a fool to give that up for 60 years of possible love with Elena. Elena is 20 years old, how many people stay together with who they met at 20? And more than that, Damon loves being a vampire far more than Stefan or Caroline or Elena do. To me, he's like Klaus: more than any other character they ARE vampires, they revel in it and I doubt they could live with the humanity.

• Love 1