Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Dark Dynasty

• Start Topic

Sam and Dean investigate a bizarre murder and realize the killer has the same tattoo as those from the Styne family. Meanwhile, Castiel acts a referee when Charlie and Rowena are forced to work together on the Book of the Damned; and Crowley discovers his mother is missing, so he turns to an old enemy for help.

Saw that coming a mile away, especially since there hadn't been a "shocking" death yet this season.

Charlie emailing the file before dying is the 21st century version of the disk with Jenny's cure for Angel getting lost on "Buffy."

• Love 5

Oh, look.  Another female dead on Supernatural.  For a second there, I thought Charlie might be the prisoner next week instead of Dean.  Wishful thinking, I suppose.  I was never exactly a fan of Charlie, but I am disappointed that another female is dead.

So when Rowena dies at the end of the season (because of course she's going to die), the only female we'll have left is Jody.  Maybe Donna.  But probably not.  Goody.

Who's gonna get blamed for this, Sam for bringing Charlie in or Cas for letting her go?  *sigh*

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Congratulations show, you've now got me not wanting Jody, Donna, Dorothy, or Death to show back up.  Because I damn well know if they show back up, there's a better than good chance they'll be killed.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 4

Welp. I really am surprised they actually did that. The backlash is going to be enormous. I wonder if Robbie Thompson is going to quit the show as a writer since they killed his girl. 

I really worry this is going to rip fandom apart.  :(.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Holy crap!  I liked Charlie in small doses and I certainly wasn't looking for her to die.  Yikes.  Sam has unleashed the Kracken now.  Dean is beyond pissed off.  Not a good thing for the Marked man!

• Love 6

I'm also going to be smug and say that I (with a good portion of fandom) called them being the Frankensteins.  And that was all fun until they killed Charlie. 

And that was kind of sad ending in that Charlie didn't even get to say good bye to Dean. :(.  I think I hate that more than anything. Man. :(.

• Love 1

Oh, look.  Another female dead on Supernatural.  For a second there, I thought Charlie might be the prisoner next week instead of Dean.  Wishful thinking, I suppose.  I was never exactly a fan of Charlie, but I am disappointed that another female is dead.

It's not even the fact it's another female that's dead, it's another recurring character that's dead.  Charlie had fantastic sibling chemistry with Dean.  Why get invested in the secondary/recurring characters if you know they're only going to get killed?

• Love 15
(edited)

Whoops. I'm not sad about Charlie dying. I'm supposed to be sad, right? I just feel relieved.

Sam is the worst lying liar who lies ever. So is Cas. Dean should have just cut to the chase a lot earlier because there is no way he didn't know something was up.

Sam is going to get all the blame here. But last season Dean did the exact same thing and it had the exact same consequence, only this time it was Charlie instead of Kevin. He had his brother posessed by an angel to save him and kept him the dark about it. Sam kept the book to save Dean and kept him in the dark about it.

I totally did not put the whole Frankenstein thing together. That's...new. I have a feeling the Stynes will be our season 11 villian.

It's still funny to me that they just finished filming this episode 2 weeks ago and it already aired. Only two more episodes and it looks like we're FINALLY going to see Dean lose it.

Edited by kimrey
  • Love 4

Wow, they just killed Charlie!  I wondered if that's what was coming after she took off on her own and wow, they killed Charlie.

Who's next?  I know Rowena but Crowley too?  Or (NO) Cas?

A lot to process with the finale looming.

(edited)

So when Rowena dies at the end of the season (because of course she's going to die), the only female we'll have left is Jody.  Maybe Donna.  But probably not.  Goody.

Who's gonna get blamed for this, Sam for bringing Charlie in or Cas for letting her go?  *sigh*

In all fairness, virtually all supporting and/or recurring characters die on Supernatural. Charlie dying didn't surprise me in the least. She kind of pulled a "too stupid to live" move and decided to sneak out when Castiel was guarding her and Rowena. If Charlie hadn't made that decision, she wouldn't have been caught.

I never let myself like any of the new characters since Bobby was killed. I considered it insurance. The Frankenstein Family does show some promise as villains. I'd give this episode a solid C -.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 5

I can't believe they fridged Charlie.

Oh wait yes I can.

I wasn't even particularly fond of Charlie. She was okay, but not a super favorite of mine. But the way she died for the plot, to push the guys toward the next plot point, just... ugh.

Meanwhile, Metatron is still running around alive with his testicles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So who did crowley send demon #4 after?

I'm assuming Rowena had a child with her 'demon lover' and Crowley wants to meet his half-brother or -sister.  I loved the scene with Crowley talking with the hamster. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not particularly upset about Charlie as a recurring character dying.  I guess my prediction that Charlie gets the spinoff is wrong. LOL.  I am surprised that they made it such a quick unemotional death.  And yes it very much mirrors season 9. And this season has been about the collateral damage but I just didn't think they would go there. This is a really bad decision iMO. I think fandom would have really preferred Cas or Crowley die.  I really thought Dark!Charlie might emerge and beat the Steins. If this was the last season, I would predict Sam and Dean just slaughtering the Steins and dying in battle.  But now we have another season...so I'm not quite sure what to think.

Well, shit , Supernatural is the #1 Trend in the US right now...and I'm pretty sure it's not because of positive comments.  Oh boy....

Edited by catrox14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm assuming Rowena had a child with her 'demon lover' and Crowley wants to meet his half-brother or -sister.  I loved the scene with Crowley talking with the hamster. 

I kept waiting to see a second hamster in the cage. Lucifer and Gabriel are trapped in a cage in hell, don't ya know?

Welp. I really am surprised they actually did that. The backlash is going to be enormous. I wonder if Robbie Thompson is going to quit the show as a writer since they killed his girl. 

I really worry this is going to rip fandom apart.  :(.

Me too.  And I just can't possibly defend the choice.

Charlie dying didn't surprise me in the least. She kind of pulled a "too stupid to live" move and decided to sneak out when Castiel was guarding her and Rowena. If Charlie hadn't made that decision, she wouldn't have been caught.

Yes.  And so they added character assassination to the fridging. Because Charlie IS smarter than that.  

I mean, I'm glad they made it seem like she made a choice.  She might have been able to stall for time (not likely enough) by trying to bargain with her decryption program but really, the Frankensteins know how to read the Book of the Damned, so they didn't need it.  They may have been interested in the codex too... but again, pretty thin.  But at least they gave the impression that she CHOSE to smash the computer to protect the data. 

Still...it's so very very lamesauce.  I have only the slightest of hopes that they got Cas over to resurrect her, fake her funeral, and then bring her back as a surprise next year.  But even that doesn't really work.  Because then it's just a manipulation of feels.  Which I don't have, cause I'm just pissed.

So..I'm not a rage-quitter.  Even worse, at this point I'm fairly numb to these fridge deaths.  

Other thoughts:

- Frankenstein.  Well that tracks. I presume magic is involved or the dude would have bled out. I'm guessing they carry on to S11.

- Cas/Rowena/Charlie -- I just couldn't enjoy it because Charlie's death was so heavily foreshadowed.  Maybe upon re-watch.

- Crowley talking with Olivette the hamster was fun.

- I liked when Dean told Sam to answer the damn phone. The jig was up and Dean was so done.  

- I'm pissed that Sam's lies blew up so spectacularly

- I'm sure Cas will blame himself but he was doing what he was told (separate the two) and Charlie made a choice to leave his protection

- Dude pulled off his own arm. Hard core AND gross.

I REALLY want Dean to go on a mad murdering spree through every stinko Frankenstein he can find.  I hope he takes out a least a couple of dozen before the end of the year.  I have dim expectations.  

• Love 6

I've barely been keeping up the last month and this pretty much cements it. Not because Charlie is so awesome that she had to live, but just because it's so boring and so trite at this point. It's lazy writing 101, and the show just can't stop resorting to not-so-shocking shock value even as there's pretty much no one left and nothing to work with.

I've enjoyed my time posting here but this is probably going to be it for me. Even if she isn't dead, I'm probably still done. I was mostly just watching for Dean at this point and I don't really feel like wading through all the rest. 

It's been fun guys. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I am surprised that they made it such a quick unemotional death.

I didn't think it was unemotional.  Seeing Sam just about lose his lunch and then pan to a bloody, broken Charlie in the tub was a punch in the gut to me.   I appreciated not having an overblown dramatic death.  For once, I think the show had the right tone.

• Love 4

I've barely been keeping up the last month and this pretty much cements it. Not because Charlie is so awesome that she had to live, but just because it's so boring and so trite at this point. It's lazy writing 101, and the show just can't stop resorting to not-so-shocking shock value even as there's pretty much no one left and nothing to work with

I think that's going to be Carver's legacy as show runner -- shock for the sake of shock that isn't particularly shocking.

Part of me wishes I had your resolve, Pete.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'll miss you.

I always enjoy your lists and insightful posts. You were one of the few posters who kept me reading the TWOP forums for SPN toward the end. Thanks for all your contributions to the fandom.

• Love 1
(edited)

Man, it's like they sat down and said 'Okay, what can we have Sam do this season that will be the exact equal of Dean saving him against his will, and with the end result that one of their friends gets killed.'  They need new writers with new ideas.

Two questions - first, why didn't they call Cas and have him collect them and zap them to the Blackbird motel instead of driving there?  Second, why did they have the Stein guy only handcuffed by one wrist?  It was stupid and something they never, ever do.  Handcuff him by both, and if he manages to pull off both arms, at least he can't answer the damn phone.

Stupid episode.

Edited by Wynne88
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

The first problem I have with the episode is that I don't think they've justified Sam's desperation so that his choices--while horrible--would make sense. Like, yes, go ahead and keep secrets and work with witches or whatever, but if you're going to say it's because Dean's given up then don't have Dean repeatedly saying he hasn't given up. If you're going to say Dean is getting worse, then show him doing something worse than smash a guy's face not even hard enough to give the guy a bloody nose. It just doesn't justify the terrible choices and sneaking around and therefore makes all the results of said sneaking around and terrible choices feel flat and unearned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Me too.  And I just can't possibly defend the choice.

I can find defense in the choice. But I don't think they really understand that not a lot of the fandom is going to necessarily agree with it. 

For me this does not hurt as much as Kevin because Charlie did opt in. She could have walked away long ago. She wanted the adventure in Oz and I think she massively underestimated how dangerous the hunter life is. Kevin was forced into the life by God. He couldn't opt out even if he wanted to.  And Kevin had no warning, no idea that there was any danger lurking in his own home and inside one of his "brothers".   Charlie made a really awful decision to leave that lair.

My worry is strictly about how it's going to be perceived by the largely female fan base and frankly the LGBT community.  I am not entirely convinced the show will be able to survive this choice. 

And that makes 3 characters the Nepotism duo has killed. Kevin, Benny and now Charlie.  And interestingly they killed off 2 that were closer to Dean than Sam. It better have a big payoff for it have meaning.

And truthfully, I can't imagine what cons are going to be like now.  :(.

• Love 5
And interestingly they killed off 2 that were closer to Dean than Sam.

Well, it's not like Sam exactly has friends of his own.  Who can they kill off that is closer to him than they are to Dean?

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't think it was unemotional.  Seeing Sam just about lose his lunch and then pan to a bloody, broken Charlie in the tub was a punch in the gut to me.   I appreciated not having an overblown dramatic death.  For once, I think the show had the right tone.

Maybe upon rewatch I'll see what you saw in Sam's face. I just saw them being shocked not devastated.

Maybe upon rewatch I'll see what you saw in Sam's face. I just saw them being shocked not devastated.

Well, it's not like Sam exactly has friends of his own.  Who can they kill off that is closer to him than they are to Dean?

Sorry that wasn't a thing about Sam vs Dean. That was not my intention. I was just trying to note that the friends Dean does have seem to get killed by these particular writers. And in this case Benny and Charlie were more than friends for Dean. They were family to him. 

That was all I was trying to say.  I should have just left Sam out of my comment. My comment was not about Sam vs Dean and I don't want it to get construed as such.  At this point, Sam is probably better off not having any friends. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

The first problem I have with the episode is that I don't think they've justified Sam's desperation so that his choices--while horrible--would make sense. Like, yes, go ahead and keep secrets and work with witches or whatever, but if you're going to say it's because Dean's given up then don't have Dean repeatedly saying he hasn't given up. If you're going to say Dean is getting worse, then show him doing something worse than smash a guy's face not even hard enough to give the guy a bloody nose. It just doesn't justify the terrible choices and sneaking around and therefore makes all the results of said sneaking around and terrible choices feel flat and unearned.

This. Sam talks about how much worse Dean is, yet we see NOTHING to support it. Yes, Dean talks about horrible nightmares and violent feelings, but he acts completely in control.

I'll admit that I'm not particularly upset by Charlie's death. She's mostly bugged me over the years. And really, it's only going to serve to amp up the SamGuilt and DeanRage, which just makes me tired.

• Love 8
I was just trying to note that the friends Dean does have seem to get killed by these particular writers.

I see.  I hadn't realized they had written all three of those episodes.   You're probably right about Sam being better off without close friends.

• Love 1

And another one correctly predicted. It was the Kevin parallel that sealed it really. That and not having Thompson do a Charlie ep. I`m thinking he flat-out refused to kill her off. Guess he might leave over it. Also, why would they rearrange their schooting schedule for her if not having her in the ep be absolutely necessary?  

Now the reactions will be just as predictable.

My worry is strictly about how it's going to be perceived by the largely female fan base and frankly the LGBT community.  I am not entirely convinced the show will be able to survive this choice. 

And that makes 3 characters the Nepotism duo has killed. Kevin, Benny and now Charlie.  And interestingly they killed off 2 that were closer to Dean than Sam. It better have a big payoff for it have meaning.

And truthfully, I can't imagine what cons are going to be like now.  :(.

I'm really not worried about that. The show kills everyone. I don't really think her death is going to have that much an effect. Some people will be upset, some people won't. I think her popularity was way overstated.

I doubt it will have any effect on cons. They will still be tons of fun, like always.

• Love 2

I'm not terribly affected by Charlie's death because 1) This show kills everyone off eventually, as others have pointed out, and 2) Death is never The End on this show, depending on the availability of the actors involved.

• Love 1

I never liked Charlie and I wanted her gone but they didn't have to kill her. Should have just left her in Oz with Dorothy or maybe sent her off to find that Fae girl.

I rolled my eyes at the Frankenstein reveal...honestly couldn't believe they went there.

• Love 3

Firstly:  YES!  Ding, dong, the Mary Sue is DEAD.  Really most sincerely DEAD.  Thank Chuck.  This is one decision I can really applaud the show-runners for, but for the wrong reasons.  They created a grating character that many were sick of upon her first appearance, so kudos for getting rid of her.  BUT those of you who are sick of the "shock" are not wrong.  This show doesn't know how to present organic situations any more.

I was surprised that so many posters here were mourning Charlie.  Or is it less mourning and more that you were irritated by the obviousness of the parallels between her and Kevin, who I loved.  I wonder if some are mourning the loss of the symbolic rep for LGBT rather than the character itself.  Is there anyone out there who loved Charlie for herself?  Apart for Dean's affection for her, I mean.

This is a really bad decision iMO. I think fandom would have really preferred Cas or Crowley die.

I disagree.  I don't think the majority of us can do without either of them. 

I think her popularity was way overstated.

Agreed. 

I loved the scene with Crowley talking with the hamster.

Me too.  Spinoff!

• Love 5
(edited)

Sam is going to get all the blame here. But last season Dean did the exact same thing and it had the exact same consequence, only this time it was Charlie instead of Kevin. He had his brother posessed by an angel to save him and kept him the dark about it. Sam kept the book to save Dean and kept him in the dark about it.

Unfortunately, for me, they can't really be equivalent. Even if what Charlie found helps to save Dean, it won't be on as epic a scale as Gadreel's redemption. So as bad as losing Kevin was, Gadreel in the end helped Castiel to save the world... which is huge. That doesn't even include that Gadreel saved Sam, Charlie, and Castiel as well. Also we didn't get the anvils for Dean that we got here for Sam. Every other character onscreen except Crowley was telling Sam that this was a stupid idea. (Even Rowena). Dean on the other hand was tricked and lead down a primrose path by Gadreel. Add to that the difference in urgency - Sam was obviously going to die vs Dean was maybe, sorta in trouble with the mark - and the equivalency is even weaker. So even on the off chance that this won't go even worse - and that's a small chance, in my opinion - the attempt to make a parallel arc is once again going to work badly against Sam and make him look worse in comparison. It may not have been the intention, but it's going to be the result.

Two questions - first, why didn't they call Cas and have him collect them and zap them to the Blackbird motel instead of driving there?  Second, why did they have the Stein guy only handcuffed by one wrist?  It was stupid and something they never, ever do.  Handcuff him by both, and if he manages to pull off both arms, at least he can't answer the damn phone.

For the first question, I wondered that as well, until I remembered that for some reason Castiel's wings are damaged and he can't fly/zap anywhere.

It was definitely dumb that they only cuffed one hand though, especially because Dean knew that guy was really strong when he fought him.

I hate to say this, but in general, I don't think the writers are generally as concerned about Sam's motivations making sense or justifying his choices as they are Dean's. With Sam, they tend to leave more unexplained - as for example where we never saw the defining moment where Sam decided to start drinking demon blood in the first place. We never even saw Sam bury Dean. And again in season 8 when the writers never really explained why Sam didn't look for Dean and Kevin. Like we were supposed to just believe the pro-hunting Sam from the end of season 7 just shrugged his shoulders and walked away to become a handyman.

I would likely say more, but my head is hurting from all of the season 4 - reminiscent "Everyone in the world tells Sam not to do something, because it will end badly, but Sam does it anyway and it ends badly, because apparently Sam is stupid and learns nothing" anvils.

I look forward to Dean and everyone else bringing up repeatedly in the coming seasons how Sam got Charlie killed. (Everyone knows I'm being sarcastic, right?)

It's been fun guys. 

I'll miss discussing with you, Pete Martell.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 4

I wasn't emotionally invested in Charlie and the Frankenstein thing seems kinda lame.  I have to nitpick about Dean shooting the gun straight into the air.  That bullet is going to come back down and could possibly kill a random person.  Bad show, improper gun safety!  I guess Dean's going to use the mark's power to kill the Frankenstein.  Then they take the mark off at the cost of something horrific and maybe a Winchester dies for the season finale.

• Love 2

Balls!!!!!!!!

•• I've watched this show from the beginning- it used be my favorite show. Then Season 7 came and it all went to shit. Not only were the storylines dumb, but they kill every single person off those boys spend more than an episode with. I know ya'll know all this already.

•• I just don't understand how the hell a change in show runners can change a show this much. The Walking Dead lost some key people and we're just going into Season 6! We thought that the show would suffer- but it's still great.

•• I almost stopped watching- ESPECIALLY after the 200th episodes for the "fans". The ONLY fans that was for was the ones with Instagram fan accounts under the age of 15. But I just haven't been able to stop- I've watched this for too long and invested money into the seasons and some merchandise. Then a few weeks ago, it got a little better. It kept my interest and I liked the plots. For the first time in a while, I had some hope. The whole Styne thing wasn't bad- but those boys had like 3 people left. Now one of them is dead!!!

•• I don't know what will make me stop watching this.... Charlie's death will bring more anger from Dean towards Sam and more guilt for Sam to feel. It was stupid too. Had the Styne's taken Charlie, they would've been able to make a trade for the book. Like poor Charlie, my patience is gone.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, this entire episode depended on Charlie and that Frankenstein guy being able to evaporate within seconds. And for Dean this is apparently the season where he can't tell when he's being followed.

Frankenstein? Really? Am I supposed to find this in any way scary? Or clever? So, so ridiculous.

I don't care too much about Charlie being dead, but apparently, Sam's plans always have to have collateral damage. So, she becomes a plot point for Winchester angst. Again.

I'm so sick of that. Especially since it made no sense that Charlie could get out of there without Castiel, an angel at full power not noticing. So, so stupid. I hate this show sometimes. Right now, I really really do.

Is Charlie's death supposed to parallel Kevin's? Because it makes no sense either.

I liked Dean hovering over Sam. Shades of Demon!Dean there, I think.

I look forward to Dean and everyone else bringing up repeatedly in the coming seasons how Sam got Charlie killed.

Oh, great. I can't wait. *infinite sarcasm

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 4
(edited)

I can't believe they fridged Charlie.

Oh wait yes I can.

I wasn't even particularly fond of Charlie. She was okay, but not a super favorite of mine. But the way she died for the plot, to push the guys toward the next plot point, just... ugh.

Meanwhile, Metatron is still running around alive with his testicles.

Metatron could have been killed and I would be so happy...Charlie has the opposite effect and I'm tired of them killing off all the characters.  It makes me not want to see Jody come back, because soon they will just kill her off too.  URGHHHHHH.

I've barely been keeping up the last month and this pretty much cements it. Not because Charlie is so awesome that she had to live, but just because it's so boring and so trite at this point. It's lazy writing 101, and the show just can't stop resorting to not-so-shocking shock value even as there's pretty much no one left and nothing to work with.

I've enjoyed my time posting here but this is probably going to be it for me. Even if she isn't dead, I'm probably still done. I was mostly just watching for Dean at this point and I don't really feel like wading through all the rest. 

It's been fun guys. 

I can totally get what you're saying and part of me wants to stop...but I guess I'll watch a few more before I decide.  Kevin's death meant nothing to me due to the poor shock choice and Charlie is landing the same way and I liked both characters very much.  I wish the writers made better choices.  Sorry to see ya go!  You can always stop in for a quick visit if ya want.  :)

Oh they had some emotion, but I had called it sooner and before the ep and really it did nothing to me other than the idiots did it again.  I like Charlie and her death didn't add to the story for me.  It is poor shock value and to be honest I'm sick to death of it.  It can have a very bad backlash, such as fans being so sick of watching their fav die and the recycled storylines that they just quit watching.

If I'm so suppose to be excited I wasn't and it was almost boring...maybe upon rewatch I'll like it a bit more, but that will have to wait for a bit.  This wasn't what I hoped it would be.  Shame they killed their run of good eps.  Maybe the last 2 will be better  but I'm so over how this brother screwed up soooooooooo BAD!  :(

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1

For the first question, I wondered that as well, until I remembered that for some reason Castiel's wings are damaged and he can't fly/zap anywhere.

I was trying to figure this out too--and was pretty irritated the whole time he wasn't saving her.  I don't remember Castiel losing his zapping powers at all but I'm guessing that happened in an episode I wasn't paying much attention to...  

I was surprised that so many posters here were mourning Charlie.  Or is it less mourning and more that you were irritated by the obviousness of the parallels between her and Kevin, who I loved.  I wonder if some are mourning the loss of the symbolic rep for LGBT rather than the character itself.  Is there anyone out there who loved Charlie for herself?  Apart for Dean's affection for her, I mean.

Dean's affection is the main reason I care about Charlie dying.  I found her okay in some episodes and grating in others so I don't really care that they killed her except for the fact that it hurts Dean and now there will be even more guilt being laid on Sam.  Yawn.

(edited)

I'm not upset that Charlie is dead.

I'm really only annoyed at the retreat to season 4 angst and the enormous plotholes and characters acting stupidly (really? one handcuff only? Are you serious? After what Dean experienced with them the last time?) they needed to get there. Such bad and boring and repetitive writing. I was actually bored throughout.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 2

I was trying to figure this out too--and was pretty irritated the whole time he wasn't saving her.  I don't remember Castiel losing his zapping powers at all but I'm guessing that happened in an episode I wasn't paying much attention to... 

When Castiel got his grace back in the episode with him and Metatron (which was actually a fairly decent episode) his wing shadows were all burned and wingless like all of the other fallen angel's wings when they fell. I'm not sure why this was the case since theoretically his grace was in the bottle, but I assume it was a consequence of all the angels' grace falling and/or a consequence of his grace being used in the spell or both (that because his grace was used in the spell, he suffered the same consequences as the other angels who fell).

So I'm assuming because his wings were burned and wingless, he wouldn't be able to fly - therefore no zapping around.

• Love 4

Is there anyone out there who loved Charlie for herself?  Apart for Dean's affection for her, I mean.

I did.  Genuinely loved the character.  This season, apart from the Fan Fiction, the only episodes I bothered to watch on show day were the ones Charlie was in.  I knew she was going to die just a few minutes in and it was still super freaking annoying.  I can't even muster up anger or genuine upset because this season has been so terrible and this show loves to kill off the females, and usually in the dumbest way possible.  

So, my last reason for tuning in just got tossed out with the bathwater.  

• Love 3
(edited)

There are a lot of viewers that adored Charlie.  I peruse a few other blogs for SPN and they are pretty pissed off.

Things I liked that were not Charlie related.

Jensen was really scary when he was "interrogating" Sam. He's playing Dean with this other edge now that feels just so much more.....I dunno...direct. Pronounced. Like I almost imagine that was how he was in Hell when he was torturer!Dean. Focused. Certain about embracing that side of him.  Moreso than the torturer!Dean in OtHoaP. It didn't feel like out of control anger or rage. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I never liked Charlie.  I really hoped when her episode ended in season 7 they really never would contact her again.  For whatever reason, they kept inviting her back.  I don't even think she' all that good as an actress.  

At this point in time, I didn't want her dead.  Only because we would have more Winchester angst over her death.  If she had just stayed in Oz.  Now they can bring her back in flashbacks or as a ghost or if they need another freakin' favor in heaven.  Dead on this show, rarely means off the show for good.  

It's Charlie's own fault she's dead.  They told her not to leave.  People are after her.  So why not wander over to the cheap motel alone.  

I keep hearing that Dean is getting worse, but they haven't shown any evidence of it.  I think Dean was the calmest one on the show tonight.  

• Love 5