Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Headache

I don't think Juliette wants to be redeemed or else she would have drunk the potion Rosalee prepared. She cut all ties with every friend she's ever made both human and wesen. I'm sure even if Nick wanted to believe that Juliette could change Hank or Monroe would talk him out of it. I had no problem believing that Kelly would come to Nick's aid. She regretted leaving him with Marie although it was to keep him safe so she wanted to do whatever she could to help him now. Diana looks like a young Adalind.

• Love 2

She will build a house in the Portland woods that is made entirely of candy, lure children inside and then eat them, obviously.

This.   And then Nick tracks her down and cuts off her head.   Because some wesen deserve it.

• Love 5

That kid should only be a year old.  I hate when TV does that.  

And Adalind should have had her Grimm baby about 3 months ago.  A disregard for time in a TV show is irritating but I can usually overlook it IF it is consistent.  There is no consistency in Grimm time.

I don't think Juliette wants to be redeemed or else she would have drunk the potion Rosalee prepared. She cut all ties with every friend she's ever made both human and wesen. I'm sure even if Nick wanted to believe that Juliette could change Hank or Monroe would talk him out of it. I had no problem believing that Kelly would come to Nick's aid. She regretted leaving him with Marie although it was to keep him safe so she wanted to do whatever she could to help him now. Diana looks like a young Adalind.

Exactly, which would make it even more ridiculous for a forced redemption ebcause the writers themselves didn't set one up.  They deliberately had her get worse and worse, she turned everyone else against her.

The writers didn't care to set up why the heck Juliette is the most ragey hexie ever. Why should they have a logical way to redeem her? They'll just shoehorn it in like they do everything else.

Yup, "I want revenge on Adalind, so I'll blame everything on Nick, join up with some Royals that I don't know, destroy Nick's trailer, attack the people trying to help me, sell them all out, set Kelly up, and go along with whatever the Royals want for some reason".

"I can't help it", "I like this power", has flashbacks/trying to be remorseful, then goes along with whatever the Royals' plan to kill Kelly and then taking Diana.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nick STILL hasn't changed the locks on the door to the house. Just how many times is Juliette going to walk into the house while he isn't there, and once again does something to mess up his life?

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 4
I've never seen a show go down in writing quality so fast.

It seems that most of what I watch has gone off a cliff this season. I've been suspecting a Writers Guild suicide pact conspiracy. Both Grimm and Once Upon a Time went off the rails dramatically in the spring half-season, with a whole lot of "what the heck are they thinking/smoking?" writing. Even some of the formerly good PBS shows are shadows of their former selves this season, so it stretches beyond the US.

It's not just the HexenJuliette that's getting me. I'm also grossed out by Adalind's HexenGrimm Rape Baby.

• Love 1

As a long time soap opera fan, Nik not changing the locks, rape babies, SORASing babies born the year before to five or six is just the norm, and I know Grimm is not a soap.  However, CC did work on General Hospital for a couple of years, and is probably laughing because she knows the silliness of long term pregnancies and aging of babies on a soap.

What I find to be really annoying, is how Nik lost his balls and his brains.  Really?  Your girlfriend goes cray cray and you KNOW she was at the Grimmabago one day, and don't think to move it or at least move out of the house since she owns it into a secure building?  How about moving those flipping keys from the Spice Shop to a bank or better yet, move the Grimmabago to a secured building with eight levels of security?!

Renard is hot.  I mean dang, man has it going on!

I love sarcastic Wu.

Hank really needs one of his exes to turn out to be a wesen with his kid (okay, yes, I watch soap operas!) and unbeknownst to him is the real reason one of his marriages fell apart.  Hank really needs a love interest or at least an occasional lady friend or at least let the man go out on a date.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sigh...what I think we lose in this show, amidst the clumsy story lines, bad writing, and horrendous acting by a few, is that there are some really impressive actors in this show.  Sasha Roiz has always been underutilized, and Silas Weir MItchell has been neglected for at least half this season, even DG (who I think started out as a very stiff actor) has really developed.

What a waste....

And my really big fear is next season they'll have Adalind banging Nick on a regular basis.....

Edited by Syme
  • Love 1

After Juliette I highly doubt Nick will want to be involved with any woman. I think it's more likely she'll want to rekindle things with Renaud since they have Diana in common. I'm so glad Renaud's mom really did want to heal him I don't think I could handle more betrayal.

As for girlfriends, or even wives, often being disliked by the fans, I have seen that happen in a lot of shows, Sleepy Hollow being the first that comes to mind.  I tend not to do that because I like the idea of no relationship drama.  But in this case I never could warm to Juliette and I have tried and tried.

I watch both SH and Grimm and can say after being in both forums extensively, that many people (I'm not saying ALL, I'm saying MANY) could not stand both of these characters because

a. from what I've seen, most people do not think either is a good actress. They're both bland, and the way they express surprise, sadness, anger, and fright is to widen their eyes slightly. Most of the people who comment here and in the SH forums have all expressed that they could not read from the actress what is going on with them. 

b. people are fine with the character, until they create unnecessary drama. Then the show shifts from the hero fighting the bad guys and being in general kick-ass, to being a groveling, sniveling, drama-ridden mess.

On SH, they promoted a woamn who cannot act, and family drama, over a fantastic actress and a wild "Gotta stop Armegedon!!!!" storyline. 

They made Renard this potion in a glass jar - and once again just handed it to him.  He and Jack.  They apparently didn't learn anything from handing the glass of potion to Juliette.  One would think they would be a little more cautious now.

I noticed this too. Are there no Big Gulps in Portland?

• Love 1

I want to kindle with Renard and enjoy my shirtless rage up close. 

Wow, when you put it all together like that, it sounds...exactly how horrible it is, and I have to wonder how the writers looked at this outline and thought, "Yep! We've got a winner!"

Oh, and don't worry. Next season he'll be banging Adalind, but she'll look just like Juliette. 

You know those horrible trope films where the baby is like the thing that redeems the horrible person? What if? WHAT IF?

*Shivers*

It's so inconsistently put together and this is what it's been like in a matter of a few episodes.

[...]I will personally travel to the deepest, darkest, gold mines in the furthest corners of the Earth and harness the purest gold from the hardest rock. I will then build my own forge with my bare hands and then personally create an award made from this gold with white diamonds for eyes that spray White Diamonds perfume and that turns into Angelina Jolie circa 2004 in a see through, permanently wet tank top when you rub it and hand it to them.

Can I get one of those?

• Love 1

Nick STILL hasn't changed the locks on the door to the house. Just how many times is Juliette going to walk into the house while he isn't there, and once again does something to mess up his life?

Hank should ask him about this, to which Nick will reply that it prevents the damage that would occur from Juliette breaking in.

...Renard is hot.  I mean dang, man has it going on!

You're not just noticing this now, are you? In case you haven't already, be sure to see him in the Caprica pilot.

...Oh, and don't worry. Next season [Nick]'ll be banging Adalind, but she'll look just like Juliette...

OMG, I fear you may be right! Nooooo!!!!
  • Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks that Kelly isn't dead, and maybe the girl they have isn't even Diana?

I am hoping that Kelly and Renard's mother met up and the real Diana is with her.  Kelly came back with a fake Diana so the Royals will stop looking for the real one.

I was thinking there was probably some magic anti-hexenbeist spell that would keep her from coming inside.  Of course that's probably in a book that got destroyed in the fire that Juliette was able to start in the trailer because Nick didn't have the common sense to move the trailer.  Still I would think Rosalee might have some ideas.  And, really, if Nick insists on acting stupid, he should at least be willing to ask for suggestions.  (I would offer up Adalind as a possibility but, let's face it, she's not going to be useful in this.)

I doubt much could keep her out of a place she wants in, but Nick could lay a line on her to the effect of, for someone who is so over this relationship, you sure seem to want to walk down memory lane a lot.  Maybe that would sting her pride enough that she would stop stalking.  As for Adalind's helpfulness, she is the new improved cooperative Adalind, and she did have the answers to the last two puzzlers that even Henrietta was stymied about -- Hexenbiest suppression potion and how to save Renard.  She and Rosalee could be a lethal duo against the royals.  Or maybe I'm desperate for that to be the case because I'm so pissed about the murder of Kelly.

I don't know if it's bad writing, but I wouldn't be sad to see Bitsy go. She's just so wooden regardless of whether or not she's good Juliette or bad Juliette.

Forget the locks, I'd love to know who their contractor is who manages to fix up all the damage without sacrificing the beautiful Craftsman character. I totally want those side chairs.

I agree, I think they were doubles, not the real Kelly or Diana. I don't think Kelly would risk bringing Diana with her.

• Love 3

I want Nick to kill Juliette and then the scene cuts to her on the couch waking up right after the fight with Adalind with Nick coming home.  And then Bobby Ewing comes out of the shower.

• Love 7

Oh, I would hate that more than any thing else they have done so far.  No resets.  You wrote yourselves into this corner, you have to write yourselves out of it.  I also do not want for Kelly to be alive and this to be some giant ruse where Juliette planned this whole thing to save the world and Kelly is alive and Diana faked the whole thing and Juliette takes the whole Royal Family down by herself and is the hero of the day.  That would be the end of me. 

I want my Grimm heroes to save the day.  I want Nick and Truble and our Friends in Arms to save the day.  If they keep Juliette I do not want her to continue being the bestest, strongest, most awesome Biest of all time in the whole world.  I hate invincible heroes and I hate invincible villains, neither are interesting. 

• Love 2
As for Adalind's helpfulness, she is the new improved cooperative Adalind, and she did have the answers to the last two puzzlers that even Henrietta was stymied about -- Hexenbiest suppression potion and how to save Renard.

Well, Adalind's mother was pretty powerful & knowledgeable right? It would make sense that she picked up a thing or two from listening to her. No one said that Henrietta was the most powerful Hexienbiest around; it seems that she was simply the only Hexienbiest around that Renard knew personally.

• Love 1

Oh, I would hate that more than any thing else they have done so far.  No resets.  You wrote yourselves into this corner, you have to write yourselves out of it.  I also do not want for Kelly to be alive and this to be some giant ruse where Juliette planned this whole thing to save the world and Kelly is alive and Diana faked the whole thing and Juliette takes the whole Royal Family down by herself and is the hero of the day.  That would be the end of me. 

I want my Grimm heroes to save the day.  I want Nick and Truble and our Friends in Arms to save the day.  If they keep Juliette I do not want her to continue being the bestest, strongest, most awesome Biest of all time in the whole world.  I hate invincible heroes and I hate invincible villains, neither are interesting. 

This and I'm sick of the writers having to make the heroes so incompetent that Juliette keeps walking all over them.

• Love 6

Well Grimm continues to be the show of zero consequences for its core characters.

I knew from last week's preview that Nick's mom would be killed. Why kill evil baby incubator Adalind; deranged and out of control Juliette (who so got the at the last moment she will remember that Nick is her twu luv and stop being evil edit; possessed by Jack the Ripper killing machine Renard; in more mortal peril than you can shake a stick at Monroe, Rosalee, Wu; royal who bores to tears with pointless and never-ending storyline Royals; when you can kill a character who has appeared on the show what, a total of three times?

I'll stick around for the finale, but unless I see something spectacular and surprising, I will not be back. And guess what show, killing Hank because you have an easy replacement in Wu will be neither spectacular, nor surprising.

And guess what show, killing Hank because you have an easy replacement in Wu will be neither spectacular, nor surprising.

Oh, please don't let this happen! This may be an unpopular opinion but I enjoy Hank more than Wu. The semi-amusing one-liners tend to get old.

• Love 4

Except that Juliette does not kill Kelly.

Many have responded to this brilliantly, some saying exactly what I planned to post, but TV Anonymous, perhaps this will help. Juliette did not kill Kelly with her own hands, but she put the plan for the murder in motion and actually facilitated the act. It is like she hired a hitman to do the deed for her. In the eyes of the law and common sense, she is just as culpable because we're it not for her actions, Kelly would be alive.

• Love 6

Many have responded to this brilliantly, some saying exactly what I planned to post, but TV Anonymous, perhaps this will help. Juliette did not kill Kelly with her own hands, but she put the plan for the murder in motion and actually facilitated the act. It is like she hired a hitman to do the deed for her. In the eyes of the law and common sense, she is just as culpable because we're it not for her actions, Kelly would be alive.

Exactly, it's all made possible because Juliette sold them all out and told them everything.

Since its Juliette's house, the smart thing would have been for Nick to pack up and leave, but as we have seen this season getting his Grimm powers has turned Nick into an idiot.

• Love 1

Did Juliette know they would kill Kelly? Or did she think they just wanted the child? I honestly don't recall.

I would think so, she knew Diana was with Kelly, she set her up and took the child while Kelly was being beheaded.

It's not Juliette's house.  She said that once, while she had no memory of Nick, so of course she only thought the house was here then.  But in this season, before she was evil, she referred to it as "our" house somewhere.  Plus everyone treats it as both of theirs. 

• Love 1

Oh, please don't let this happen! This may be an unpopular opinion but I enjoy Hank more than Wu. The semi-amusing one-liners tend to get old.

DeeDee79, I also enjoy Hank way more than Wu and will be unhappy if they go this route.

• Love 2

If Kelly's murder is not some sort of a fakeout, and I doubt it and hope not since it would involve putting a child at big risk, then I can't see Nick living in the house anymore.  Not after his mother was murdered there.  The place can burn to the ground or go on the market or Juliette can live there, but how does Nick ever go back?

• Love 1
(edited)
DeeDee79, I also enjoy Hank way more than Wu and will be unhappy if they go this route.

Enigma X I've been reading online that 2 characters were supposed to die this season. I'm hoping that the 2 were Kelly & Renard's "dead faint" (or is it "feint?") which is not an actual death but could possibly count as one. Aside from Juliette I'd prefer that the other characters remain (including Trubel & Adalind in this!).

Edited by DeeDee79

Enigma X I've been reading online that 2 characters were supposed to die this season. I'm hoping that the 2 were Kelly & Renard's "dead faint" (or is it "feint?") which is not an actual death but could possibly count as one. Aside from Juliette I'd prefer that the other characters remain (including Trubel & Adalind in this!).

Maybe they are referring to Kelly as one, and I pray to God that the other is Kenneth. I hate Kenneth more than Juliet. (I know, the blasphemy.)

• Love 3
(edited)
I hate Kenneth more than Juliet. (I know, the blasphemy.)

It's a serious toss up for me. I hate his smug face (I miss Viktor!) and I hope Nick kicks his ass next week!

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure Trubel is safe. I mean they JUST killed off a female Grimm that was close to Nick, doing it again the next episode would be repetitive.

I'm hoping they have Trubel stay next season as a guest or even as part of the main cast. I think giving Nick and Trubel a mentor and apprentice Grimm storyline would be interesting. Also Nick is going to need someone to live in the house with, and have scenes to talk with at the house now that Juliette is gone.

• Love 1
(edited)
I'm hoping they have Trubel stay next season as a guest or even as part of the main cast. I think giving Nick and Trubel a mentor and apprentice Grimm storyline would be interesting. Also Nick is going to need someone to live in the house with, and have scenes to talk with at the house now that Juliette is gone.

I also hope that they go this route. I was indifferent when they introduced her but I grew to enjoy her as a character.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 3
(edited)

Everyone I Love is Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpQw5WdkL7g

Gothic metal that so has the Grimm vibe, especially the guttural growl when he found Mama's head.   The lead singer, Peter Steele, reminds me a lot of Nick.

I'm so sick of the story they're telling I couldn't really watch.  I had it on in the background so I could hear what was going on, but I wasn't really engaged.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 2

Oh, I think Kenny could go and I wouldn't miss him.  Kill Kenny, you bastards.

The writers never gave a reason to care about him, he's a bland generic villain who's just recently replaced another Royals this season.

They should have a whole future episode exploring Hundjaeger and why their species agrees to work for royals and sacrifice themselves in large numbers. They must have huge families to produce excess guards just for this purpose.

• Love 2
(edited)
She will build a house in the Portland woods that is made entirely of candy, lure children inside and then eat them, obviously.

If she could act, that would be an AWESOME show of its own. Oh, forget BT. Somebody call a good actress to headline that show..

Edited by Mojeaux
(edited)
I thought so, too, but then they showed Bitsie's face, and her eyes, and I couldn't tell what she was trying to convey.

Maybe Bitsie herself does not know what to convey in that scene because the writing is so ridiculously wacky.

I actually used to like Juliette because she was the most sane cop significant other I think I've seen on TV -- no freaking out if he had to deal with a case even though they made plans, realizing that his job required long and sometimes odd hours,

This was way back in season one. To expect viewers to still like Juliette because she was a supporting partner to a cop 3 seasons ago is insane. I don’t know why this is still being touted as a reason for why Juliette is great. She's been nothing but a liability and a problem for Nick ever since Adalind went to her with the cat.

and then she was even pretty cool about learning about the Grimm stuff.

After one whole season of not believing and all the boring melodrama that we had to put up with it.

And now I don't know what the hell they're doing with her.

What they always do with her. Write nonsensical storylines so that Bitsie gets something to do and to create unwanted drama between her and Nick.

There's a tendency that makes me uncomfortable to demonize the main character's girlfriend on TV shows. Even if the show isn't doing it, the fans tend to do so. If she doesn't take an active role and have a lot of skills, then she's useless and he should dump her or she should be killed. If she has any useful skills and gets involved at all, then she's a horrible Mary Sue and she should die.

I think it is disingenuous to blame the fans for criticizing a badly written character. In this case especially I don’t think the fans are ‘demonizing’ her unnecessarily just because she is the main character’s girlfriend. It's because Juliette is a badly written character. They did not even define what her role in the show was other than being Nick’s girlfriend. They made her a vet because Bitsie liked animals or else she would have been a baker. How ridiculous is that?

The way she was defined and written in season one, she should be a character that occasionally pops up when the situation requires it. That is a flaw in the writing. They could have integrated her into the plot and made her more relevant by making her the medical examiner who comes across all these weird cases on her autopsy table or a fellow cop who is baffled by weird cases. As she is currently written, she makes for a good background character who does not need to be there all the time.

They then tried to backtrack and make her relevant by suddenly making her an expert in all things wesen (When Rosalee was already playing that role), able to shoot and beat up wesen (When even big Hank with all his cop training struggles doing this) and have characters comment all the time on how she is awesome. This is some really third grade shitty writing and should be rightfully criticized as her being written either as a horrible Mary Sue or tremendously useless.

And then way too often the writers pick up on this or end up not knowing what to do with this character, and so she gets turned into the villain.

And that’s why it’s important to blame the writers and not the people criticizing her. I don’t buy that the writers made her into a villain because they picked up on criticism from viewers. The criticism should have made them give us less Juliette not more.  If anyone needs to be blamed here it’s the writers and the actress for having a flawed conception of what makes someone a strong female character and to write in such a way as to incorporate what they think is really cool and bad ass, as opposed to what makes sense story wise.

But usually when the fans hate the girlfriend character, it's because they ship the main character with another character on the show, and I didn't get the feeling that there was a huge outcry shipping Nick with Adalind or anyone else.

And that’s because that’s not the reason, fans are criticizing Juliette . I have already listed the reasons why she gets a lot of criticism. She is not like Laurel in Arrow who gets tons of unwarranted hate because fans want Oliver with Felicity.  Laurel is a comic character in her own right (Black canary) with her own separate storylines and she still gets hate because of all the shipping nonsense. Fans hate Juliette because she is a one note character who just plain SUCKS.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4
And they have: Henrietta and Kelly.

Please spoiler tag any upcoming murder news. Thank you.

shapeshifter perhaps I should have been more clear when I made my post but this was actually something I read online about this episode. Since it's already aired I didn't consider it a spoiler.

• Love 2

Oh vey, Headache is a good name for this episode because that's what I got from watching it.

First off show, you didn't fool anybody by NOT showing Theresa's face until she beheaded Royal Swat Guard, the clunky writing and preview monkeys gave it away that she was coming back - so no surprise there.

Not only do you kill Kelly, you do it off screen. It seemed to me that she was killed pretty easily - how many guards were there that they overpowered her? Also, she came in through the front door but it looked like she was killed in the kitchen - why was she in the kitchen and Diana in the entryway? Did she just drop the kid at the door? There's no way that Kelly would just walk into that house - I think that Juliette's "Nick's not home, the front door is open" should have raised a flag. And didn't Diana have some kind of power, you think that the sight/sound of the only mother figure she's known being killed would have been enough of a trauma to trigger some sort of reaction other than going meekly to Juliette.

Speaking of Juliette, I know the powers-that-be are enamored with Bitsie and would never kill off Juliette but she really does need to die - I think that's the only thing that will save the show. The scene in the Spice Shop was so painful to watch, the horrid writing, the stupidity of the characters, and Bitsie's atrocious acting made that entire scene feel like a bad high school production. I think Bitisie was going for "amused indifference" - it didn't work. Why didn't someone run into Juliette to distract her from controlling Nick?

Could someone please explain what Bitsie was trying to convey with her slow walk down the stairs and stare during Kelly's death? I wasn't sure if she was pleased, confused, conflicted.

Sahsa Roiz deserves better than what he's been given. The show builds up the mystery of the bleeding bullet wounds for weeks only to have it solved by drinking a potion and being shot with a rubber bullet. Why was it Adalind was able to figure out what was wrong with Renard based on Nick's description yet Henrietta, who soul gazed with Renard couldn't?

Oh look, it's the return of the Grimm super hearing - too bad Grimm smarts and bad-assery didn't follow.

Poor Bud, you deserve better friends.

Except that Juliette does not kill Kelly.

She does as in "conspiracy to commit murder" - you do not have to be the trigger person in order to be convicted of premeditated murder.

I don't think the writers were very fair to Kelly...to have such clever and kick-ass woman meet such ridiculous ending. It was so out of character from what has been established about Kelly. It's a shame really! RIP Kelly.

Especially with Kenneth gleefully declaring "We got her!" --- like he found the golden ticket.

Did Juliette know they would kill Kelly? Or did she think they just wanted the child? I honestly don't recall.

Kenneth mention killing Kelly to Juliette, so yeah, she knew what was going to happen.

• Love 4

Add me to the list of Juliette haters, and also want her to die a slow painful death!

I also shed a tear at the end with Nick's screams of NO!!!  maybe even worse so near Mother's day!

So the Royals have the baby, so what use they have now for Juliette? I bet they are going to cage her or worse, maybe hand her over to Nick so he can behead her, please?

• Love 1