Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Screw The Moon

(edited)

Phil Sr and Phil Jr: Okay what the hell?!!?! There is a truce, and Phil Jr kidnaps Phil Sr and leaves him somewhere with two day ration of food?!!?! Oh I hate Phil Jr now!!!!

20 minutes later: ROFL! Phil Jr ate all his ration of food! :)

Melissa and Todd: Awwwww she said she loves him!!!! :)

Carol and Phil Sr: Carol! You are just going to leave him there?!!?! :( Oh she dumped Phil Jr! YAY! :) Good for you Carol! I would have dumped his ass too! Sweet song! Awww they are back together. :) Oh Phil Sr has a brother! :)

Man in space: WOAH! Miller?!!?!?!  Hmmm Phil Sr's brother!?!?!! :) He brings up his brother, and all of a sudden this guy shows up! :)

Man I love this show! :)

Edited by sonyab

I agree with Tandy that Carol was making a mistake. She was right on that he wants what he can't have and his break-up speech was way too blunt. Dropping off rations was nice, but I think she should be cautious. Neither of the Phils look like prizes at this point.

It wasn't until I saw the title of the episode that I made the connection to Phil's song and his brother. His brother would be dead by now, right? Maybe they'll be some explanation of a 20 year mission or something. Still looking very weird.

I'm happy to see Todd and Melissa reconciling. They're sweet together.

• Love 1

Ah Carol, it wouldn't hurt you to hold out for someone who doesn't contemplate murder but that song was awfully sweet.  I just hope next year we explore other things instead of people losing their minds over sexual partners. 

I do have to wonder, did they head back towards Tuscon?  Or are they going to put up shop in another town?  The nature of this show would let them reboot after every season. 

I do think Melissa was also owed an apology by Todd for the way he reacted to New Phil.

That last shot was so intriguing.  It was an uneven first season but I am curious enough to see where this is going.  There's definitely some genius here. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Phil's sudden change of heart about Carol doesn't really jive with his childish behavior by holing up in his room for 3 days once he was outed by Todd that Phil wanted to kill newPhil, and that Phil tried to kill Todd but couldn't go through with it.  And let's not forget the stupid condom confrontation Phil had with Carol.  newPhil was right to do what he did -- Phil was a threat and not just to newPhil.  What if Phil took a dislike to one of the women and decided to take them for a long drive ?  

Despite the crappy song, Phil is still most detestable person on Earth (they really should rename the show).

How did Carol find Phil since he wandered well off the road where newPhil left him ?  Did Carol just drive around looking for him on any old desert road because I doubt newPhil would have told her where he dropped Phil off ?

While they at least tried to make Todd likable, and Melissa was cozying up to him again because he's the only available guy in town, but now that Carol is gone newPhil is on the market I think Melissa will bolt from Todd and go straight to newPhil.

The ending with what I guess what is supposed to be Phil's brother -- first thing, I doubt that they have 2 years worth of supplies on the ISS (even for one person -- food, water, air) and second, even if MajorTomMiller (Ground control to Major Tom) does land on Earth why would he ever land near Tucson ? Houston or Cape Canaveral or Vandenberg in California, something with a landing strip long enough to accommodate a shuttle, but never in a million years in Tucson.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

In RL, I believe the ISS has a Soyuz capsule available as a lifeboat, although I don't know how anxious I would be to use it to get back to a planet where everyone had died of a virus.

• Love 2

Carol: I don't want to be with a man who could leave someone in the desert to die. I want to be with the man who doesn't have the heart to go through with it.

Awwww! I am in love with that line!!! :) Whichever writer wrote that line, thank you! :)

• Love 12

I concur. Especially as it's absolutely what I had been thinking. Tandy's no prize, for sure, but newPhil took himself permanently off the "good guy" table.

• Love 2
(edited)
It was an uneven first season but I am curious enough to see where this is going.  There's definitely some genius here.

I think the only genius here is the casting, particularly Will Forte, but did I not already know and like the cast from other work I'd have found this show largely unwatchable.  It's coasting on the laurels of better shows and I for one am pretty surprised it got a second season.  

Edited by henripootel

The astronaut is Phil's brother.  Sudeikis played his brother in a flashback in ep 1 or 2, IIRC.

I don't find this show all that funny, like literal laugh out loud funny.  But I do find it amusing and interesting.  As an avid viewer of The Walking Dead, I find the idea of a similarly post apocalyptic world with no known outside threats (the virus is gone (presumably or everyone alive is immune), no zombies, no invading groups, everyone who has met up has for the most part just been glad to see other people alive) an interesting blank canvas to navigate.  I'm glad it's getting a second season.

• Love 5

I don't find this show all that funny, like literal laugh out loud funny.  But I do find it amusing and interesting.

That pretty much sums up my feelings too. There are relatively few ha-ha jokes, and they're usually in the form of what seem to be throwaway lines. But the show's sustained weirdness makes me smile, especially Carol's attitude towards the recent apocalypse. And I love Phil's ball buddies, even though the concept is a movie ripoff.

So will all of the characters other than Phil and Carol disappear from next season?

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought Tandy told Carol he had one brother—past tense. Maybe Tandy just assumes Astronaut Miller is dead? If he returns to Earth, it makes sense he'd go to his hometown. And I assume Tandy's jealous of his much more successful brother.

I also thought Tandy said something about his parents being buried in Tucson. Which made me wonder if they died before the virus, or if all the virus victims were somehow laid to rest. That would solve the question about where the bodies went—but who buried, cremated, etc. them all?

Edited to add that Will Forte told Entertainment Weekly:

"There’s a lot more I want to find out about all these characters, especially Mary Steenburgen’s character and Cleopatra’s and Boris’,” he says. “There’s very little we know about them and I’m excited to dive into that. And there’s so much we don’t know about Melissa and Todd. And Carol and Phil have been to there the longest and you still don’t know that much about them either."

He also said Mary Steenburgen wrote the "Carol" song. As for Tandy's unlikability:

"The heightened situation brings out the worst in him and the best in him. We made that decision to send him to some unsavory areas and I stand by it. But I also have weird taste. We are not afraid to try different stuff out and cross our fingers and hope for the best, and it landed with some people and maybe some got offboard once I became less likeable. Sorry if people didn’t want their Phil to be a meanie for a while, but that’s what we went for and we thought it was funny. And I still think it was funny."
Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 4

Having an *astronaut* for a brother, probably a younger brother, explains a lot about the Tandyman. When everyone was alive, he was an office temp, woohoo. His brother went into space! No wonder he's a bitter, aimless liar. That's a lot to live up to, even for someone with a lot of emotional maturity, which he obviously doesn't have.

• Love 4
(edited)

It wasn't until I saw the title of the episode that I made the connection to Phil's song and his brother. His brother would be dead by now, right? Maybe they'll be some explanation of a 20 year mission or something. Still looking very weird.

He'd only need to have been on a three year mission, I think? Not that it makes sense there would be a solo mission for that long or at all, but I'm willing to handwave that for the super epic sadness of that last shot.

In RL, I believe the ISS has a Soyuz capsule available as a lifeboat, although I don't know how anxious I would be to use it to get back to a planet where everyone had died of a virus.

It makes me wonder if/when he knew about the virus. How fast did this thing come and destroy everyone? Usually we expect an outbreak would have some amount of news coverage and widespread panic and whatnot, so you'd think he'd have known something was going on because the NASA folks would know and tell him. But what if it were REALLY fast, much faster than we normally think of, which I think is possible given how pristine all the people-free places were. Does he even know what was going on down there, or just that obviously there must have been some major widespread emergency that he's getting no response from anyone anywhere. He might not even know why. Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I want Carol's post virus wardrobe.  (She wears a lot of Alice+Olivia dresses, which is one of my favorite brands.) 

That was an uneven season. But I guess the point is Tandy isn't someone you should actively root for.  Also, I need more shirtless Boris.

• Love 1
(edited)

Great article on EW - thanks editorgrrl for the link!   It will be interesting to see how Carol and Phil move on, but yet the supporting cast is still there. 

My guess as to how Carol found Phil so easy...  considering his normal pace of doing things, he probably got a whole quarter mile from where evil Phil dropped him off. 

One question... does anyone know when season 2 will be?  Fall 2015 or early 2016? 

Edited by chaifan
  • Love 1

I liked this ep. I love that there are so many left turns.

I think the funniest image in this ep was when Melissa came to Todd's house, and he told her he was fine while having a weird, plastered on smile, and closing the door. I'm glad he and Melissa made up and are back together.

I'm intrigued by the Miller brother in space.

• Love 3

"Gotta say, Carol, I think you're making a big mistake." ;)

I did not see New Phil tackling The-Jackass-Formerly-Known-As-Phil coming. I actually jumped. And Phil has an astronaut brother, eh? This sounds promising.

I'm a bit sad this is the season finale...I hope I don't have to wait to long for it to come back.

• Love 1

I kinda assumed that Phil and Carol would start over elsewhere and that the other five wouldn't be in the next season (except maybe in a guest appearance or something). Thus, sort of making Phil the last man again, at least in his world. And now that his brother is in space, I can see them having Phil and Carol start over in Florida (maybe because that's where his brother lived) and then his brother decides to chance getting back to earth by aiming for Cape Canaveral. P&C see something hurtling from space (as do some other random survivors) and voila! More multi-people drama for season two.

• Love 2
One question... does anyone know when season 2 will be?  Fall 2015 or early 2016? 

Based on what I've read in the interviews of the creators, their renewal is for 13 episodes but they could potentially get more.  (It doesn't sound like the creators want to do a full 22 ep order, though.)   Also, based on their tone, it sounds like coming back in the fall is a real possibility but they're not sure since shorter seasons also easily fit into the second half of the year.

We won't know for sure until the FOX schedule is released.

I think the funniest image in this ep was when Melissa came to Todd's house, and he told her he was fine while having a weird, plastered on smile, and closing the door.

And chips on his shirt.  I shouldn't admit to it but I've probably worn that look.

I kinda assumed that Phil and Carol would start over elsewhere and that the other five wouldn't be in the next season (except maybe in a guest appearance or something). Thus, sort of making Phil the last man again, at least in his world. And now that his brother is in space, I can see them having Phil and Carol start over in Florida (maybe because that's where his brother lived) and then his brother decides to chance getting back to earth by aiming for Cape Canaveral. P&C see something hurtling from space (as do some other random survivors) and voila! More multi-people drama for season two.

It sounds like there are plans to explore the other characters, although I do think seeing Phil and Carol starting over could be just as interesting.  I don't see Brother Miller making it back from space until the end of the series since Jason Sudekis is a pretty busy guy.

• Love 1

From the way the campfire scene played out, I'm pretty sure that everyone was in on the plan except Carol.  They were all sitting there with weird smiles, but Carol was the one who shouted "we called a truce!"  So IMO they pretty much used her to bait the trap without her knowledge.  I don't blame her for leaving them.

• Love 6
(edited)

Good point, Mark.  How can she really go back to them when they duped her that way?

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit--good ending to the season.  Some stuff I jotted down as I was watching:

I can't believe Tandy admitted he was intending to kill Todd!

OMG, he needs to just leave!

I never would have imagined in the pilot episode that he would be significantly worse off with a number of other people there then he was all alone, unless the other people were like a murderous gang or something.

"I got to be honest here Carol: I think you're making a big mistake."  HA!  Great line.

Anyhoo...

And let's not forget the stupid condom confrontation Phil had with Carol. 

I think Phil Tandy did have a point with Carol, actually.  She has every right to change her mind, but it certainly was inconsistent for her to insist on marriage before she'd have sex with Original Recipe Phil, but then be up for casual sex with New Phil.

Also, I was getting really tired of the whole new group and dynamics... and, just at my breaking point, Carol and Phil leave them behind. ..I guess that's was the plan?

So will all of the characters other than Phil and Carol disappear from next season?

I did take it as I was watching that it was a reboot and that as Irlandesa said, it might be something they could do each season or whenever they felt like it.  But then in Dan Fienberg's interview with Kristen Schaal, he talked about what members of the ensemble she'd like to have more scenes with next season, like it was just assumed that they'd all be back.  Schaal in her answer seemed to go along with his premise, although she did say she hopes there's five or six episodes to start the season where it's just her and Phil Tandy, on the road.  And Will Forte seems to be making the same assumption in the interview posted upthread.  I'm holding out some hope, though, that all three of them are assuming something the writers are actually not planning--because I too would welcome a reboot and some greener pastures.  Plus, I don't see how they can really go back to the cul-de-sac after Phil Tandy's semi-murderous ways were outed, and all of them conspired against him.

Edited by SlackerInc
  • Love 1

From the way the campfire scene played out, I'm pretty sure that everyone was in on the plan except Carol.  They were all sitting there with weird smiles, but Carol was the one who shouted "we called a truce!"  So IMO they pretty much used her to bait the trap without her knowledge.  I don't blame her for leaving them.

Oh, I like your take on this so much more than mine! I thought they were all smiling weirdly because Carol had coerced them into playing nice and welcoming Tandy back into the fold and New Phil acted of his own volition. But I love the conspiracy theory angle so much more.

• Love 5

I forgot to mention--I totally agree with Will Forte about the following:

Sorry if people didn’t want their Phil to be a meanie for a while, but that’s what we went for and we thought it was funny. And I still think it was funny.

This kind of sums up my feelings about the dynamic I've been watching play out in these threads all season.  To each their own, YMMV, of course.  But I'm glad he's not afraid to get into the doghouse with those whose mileage varies quite a bit from his (and mine).

• Love 1

I too appreciate Will Forte's honesty, candor and general enthusiasm. I actually do find the show very funny and found Phil a hilarious meanie, but it's nice how he didn't get all defensive about it, but still stood behind the work.

• Love 2
(edited)

Reading on Wikipedia an excerpt from an earlier Forte interview also makes it all make more sense: 

I think we always saw this as more of a cable show, to be honest. They claimed from the get-go that they didn't want to change the tone of the show, and I think I went in with an eyebrow raised, thinking, okay, well when's it going to come out that we have to change it around? And they were great. They stuck by their pledge and let us make this different type of show.

So people who get bent out of shape by what a "monster" Phil is at times need to keep in mind that Forte never wanted to make a network comedy.  He wanted to make a kind of twisted thing that he thought only cable channels would tolerate.  But FOX let him make his show his way, so he went for it.  Now, this then becomes a kind of ongoing experiment, because a network (even FOX, that is struggling) can't live with the kind of ratings that would nourish a cable channel just fine.  Thus it is potentially going to be a struggle to get the viewers who would tune into a weird, black comedy on a cable channel plus all the additional viewers they need to make it viable for a network to air.

Now, one more point on the spoiler-y stuff I wrote about upthread:

I guess my hopes that they would really reboot after all are now officially dashed (I had not realized this was his show in terms of plotting it out, although I knew it was originally his idea):

Forte cautions that the plotting of season 2 is in the embryonic stages, though he notes, “I have one idea that would be a really fun first episode. It is fair to say that you haven’t seen the last of the old new gang, despite Phil’s banishment. “Obviously we’re not going to not show Mary Steenburgen or Cleopatra [Coleman] or Mel [Rodriguez] or January [Jones] or Boris,” he says. “They’re so important to the show. There’s a lot of room for play and it opens us up to having some time where the characters are once again in a very desolate situation. We really want to open up the world and look at the starting up of a society again with just a small group of people and basic rules…. Phil is not allowed on the cul-de-sac right now. It is entirely possible that Phil and Carol could be living somewhere else for the whole season, and we’re checking in on the different people. But I would think that they would somehow rendez-vous at some point earlier in the season.”

I will keep the faith as I have thus far, but at the very least I think he is making an error in being so open about this (which is why I'm still spoiler-tagging it).  I think it's more interesting for viewers, even if Forte is determined to have the other actors back, for us to not be sure until we see them return.

Edited by SlackerInc
  • Love 2

I think you're right. Todd was giving him weird looks and kept looking at OldPhil and then looking with his eyes to the side, almost like he was trying to warn OldPhil to look around.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah Tandy would be dead if it weren't for Carol, NewPhil knew for sure those supplies wouldn't last long and left him to die a horrible death. That part was very sad and cruel, Hurray for Carol!

Awww Melissa said the L word

Edited by DrLar
  • Love 1

I didn't notice this, but Todd I thought had a weird look on his face like he was trying to warn Tandy of something.  As for the virus I guess I always assumed that everyone died out slowly since that's why there were no bodies laying everywhere (other than the fact that it would look uber creepy).

I really hope that if we see the other characters, it's only in small flashes of "what's going on over there", and not that Carol and Phil go back to them (or they go out and find Carol and Phil). I didn't think any of them were characters I'd mind losing, and it would be nice to see Carol and Phil start over somewhere else entirely, and find all new people. 

• Love 2

Gotta be honest, i am not liking all this shit he has to go trough, the characters are so bland compared to Phil that i end up not giving a shit about he almost trying to kill one of them,

I mean did anyone freaking care about the love scene between Todd and the GIRL ???? (name please) 

These episodes should have been longer, because 20 minute only gives you time to watch Phil screw up not fix it, and that's why i didn't like the end, it was only screw up, and who are we kidding, he didn't like Carol, it was just something they crammed in to make a happy ending, suddenly at the end he likes her ?

I wish it ended with all of the side characters dying in a car crash and Phil didn't die because he was not allowed to follow(because they are jerks),

then as he finds out about the car crash he walk the highway home sad,

and after hours of walking a buss full of super cool survivors stops and be all like HEY MAN!! LOOK WE HAVE A SURVIVOR!, and Phil joins them with a content smile on his face, and then in the buss later a girl sits next to him asking about him, and he answers normally and no lies, after they are done talking he looks down on his wedding ring, and looks up to the moon.

then they cut to his brother lying dead on the moon (just joking) but boy was that astronaut ending pointless.

• Love 1

Ugh, so glad that Carol and Real Phil got away from those jerks.  I hope next season there isn't such a focus on the assholes they find along their journey.

• Love 2

who are we kidding, he didn't like Carol, it was just something they crammed in to make a happy ending, suddenly at the end he likes her ?

It was shown near the end of the second episode that he did like her.  He just lost perspective after that.

• Love 2

I would prefer if the show is a reboot each season, with Phil and Carol meeting different survivors each time. I think it would be a great opportunity to short-term cast all kinds of interesting guest stars who might not want to commit to a sitcom full time. Different locations would make it interesting too.

• Love 4

I'm not ready to condemn those left behind as "jerks."  If I think about it, and there's this guy who lusts after every woman alive (almost to an entitlement levels), lies about everything even--crazy shit he needn't lie about and admits to coming close to murdering the two remaining male survivors, I don't know that I'd feel super safe having him around either. 

I think they wanted him gone but they also gave him two days worth of supplies.  They likely didn't know he had barricaded himself in a room without any food and the two days worth of supplies would replenish what he had missed instead of the next few days.  Except Carol. She knew. 

The best part of the show, by a large mile, were the interactions between Will and Kristen so I'd be okay with Carol and Phil taking off to parts unknown and leaving the rest behind.  In fact, I really felt it would have been good to have at least one more episode of just the two of them before Melissa showed up.  That said, I genuinely like most of the actors playing the characters left behind that I also wouldn't mind if they stayed. 

It was shown near the end of the second episode that he did like her.  He just lost perspective after that.

Yep.  In addition, even though he was awful towards her at times, I never got the sense that he wanted to be awful or hurt her feelings.  There were a couple of times where he should have ended the marriage but didn't and it seemed due to not wanting to hurt her.

• Love 2

I'm not ready to condemn those left behind as "jerks."  If I think about it, and there's this guy who lusts after every woman alive (almost to an entitlement levels), lies about everything even--crazy shit he needn't lie about and admits to coming close to murdering the two remaining male survivors, I don't know that I'd feel super safe having him around either. 

I know it's a sitcom so they would never go there but in real life, if I were in an apocalypse scenario like in Last Man and there was a guy doing even a tenth of what Phil was doing, I would've packed my shit and left in the middle of the night so that he wouldn't be able to follow me. Phil was being incredibly creepy. The post apocalypse is a scary place for women. It's why I thought Carol pulling the gun on Phil was great. It's been two years since Carol had seen anyone and she still carried a weapon, just in case.

I'm not sure about next season. I'm sort of curious about what happens to Phil and Carol, but I could also be satisfied with their story ending with them driving off into the sunset together. I'm sort of curious if rest of the group decides to leave Tulsa for a better location or if they stay and new people keep coming because of the billboard signs. But I also thought they were all kind of bland and if the show doesn't go back to them, I'd be okay. I'm mostly sticking around next season to see what does happen with the show. 

• Love 1
if I were in an apocalypse scenario like in Last Man and there was a guy doing even a tenth of what Phil was doing, I would've packed my shit and left in the middle of the night so that he wouldn't be able to follow me. Phil was being incredibly creepy.

Which Phil? Tandy?

I think they wanted him gone but they also gave him two days worth of supplies.  They likely didn't know he had barricaded himself in a room without any food and the two days worth of supplies would replenish what he had missed instead of the next few days.  Except Carol. She knew. 

Yeah, but there is just something people aren't seeing here.

The only person that looks like he has been trough a world crisis is the Phil from the first episode, everything is just so weird, no one cries, no one looks filthy, even tough they don't own a shower before black Phil makes it, everyone is calm about their need for sex (come on) and they just act so careless, like they are living in a normal neighborhood going trough their normal lives.

Speaking of Black Phil, its like he doesn't even care that he found people, this is so far from reality, and would never happen in real life.

The only way for me to enjoy the show is to look at it as a goofy comedy, but i think they wasted a great actor (Will Forte) if there was someone that could play a comedic angry crazy person in a world crisis it would be him.

(edited)

There is just something people aren't seeing here.

The only person that looks like he has been through a world crisis is the Phil from the first episode, everything is just so weird, no one cries, no one looks filthy, even though they don't own a shower before black Phil makes it, everyone is calm about their need for sex (come on) and they just act so careless, like they are living in a normal neighborhood going through their normal lives.

I watch as if Tandy's hallucinating the whole thing. I've watched other shows that way, and sometimes I'm proven right

(Lost)

and sometimes everybody else seems to think I'm wrong.

(I think Walter White froze to death in that car.)

But it makes watching way more enjoyable for me.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, but there is just something people aren't seeing here.

The only person that looks like he has been trough a world crisis is the Phil from the first episode, everything is just so weird, no one cries, no one looks filthy, even tough they don't own a shower before black Phil makes it, everyone is calm about their need for sex (come on) and they just act so careless, like they are living in a normal neighborhood going trough their normal lives.

I don't think everyone is being calm about their sex needs. Carol just wanted to get married first, probably because of her desire to have kids. Carol and Old Phil got married in a day or two and starting having sex right away. Melissa shared that she missed sex on the 1st or 2nd day with the group, she just wasn't willing to be part of OPhil cheating on Carol. She and Todd started having sex after their 1st date. The two new ladies (don't remember their names) were totally up for skinny dipping and a threesome with Old Phil until they found out that he was lying and hiding other survivors from them. All of the ladies, except Melissa who was already hooking up with Todd, were all over New Phil until he picked Carol. Old Phil was just being so creepy and over the top about wanting fuck all of the women that it turned them off of him. I felt bad for him with Carol because it had been 2 years for him, but by the time Melissa and the other women showed up, Phil had been having sex with Carol so he shouldn't have been so desperate that he'd act that over the top.

Edited by Rockstar99435
  • Love 1

The only person that looks like he has been trough a world crisis is the Phil from the first episode, everything is just so weird, no one cries, no one looks filthy, even tough they don't own a shower before black Phil makes it, 

There's plenty of bottled water, megapacks of baby wipes, etc.  No reason to be filthy if you don't want to be.

I don't think everyone is being calm about their sex needs. Carol just wanted to get married first, probably because of her desire to have kids. Carol and Old Phil got married in a day or two and starting having sex right away. Melissa shared that she missed sex on the 1st or 2nd day with the group, she just wasn't willing to be part of OPhil cheating on Carol. She and Todd started having sex after their 1st date. The two new ladies (don't remember their names) were totally up for skinny dipping and a threesome with Old Phil until they found out that he was lying and hiding other survivors from them. All of the ladies, except Melissa who was already hooking up with Todd, were all over New Phil until he picked Carol. Old Phil was just being so creepy and over the top about wanting fuck all of the women that it turned them off of him. I felt bad for him with Carol because it had been 2 years for him, but by the time Melissa and the other women showed up, Phil had been having sex with Carol so he shouldn't have been so desperate that he'd act that over the top.

I agree with the general thrust (heh) of your comment, but I think the case is even stronger than you made it.  You forgot that the two new women actually got turned back on to Phil Tandy once they learned how brief his marriage to Carol had been.  But then he got stuck up on the billboard.  It was really only the arrival of New (super hot) Phil that distracted them from their interest in Phil Tandy.  Had he not revealed to everyone his casual murder plotting (LOL), they probably would have been back sniffing around Phil Tandy again once Carol settled in with New Phil.

• Love 1