Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi's Ski Trip

• Start Topic

I didn't waste a second on this show so I good.  However, just coming here gave me a very good idea what went on with the show. 

1.  The aunts are ungrateful bitches, especially Winnie and the aunt who looked like a baby dino

2.  Riley acts way too grown for her britches but she did throw some decent shade on Carmon and DJ

3.  Carmon and DJ are very very lazy and entitled.  They also know this and goes after anyone who makes them look bad

4.  Matthew showed Kandi's assistants up with his mad skill as a celebrity assistant.  He shined and he took his job seriously.

6.  Joyce just cannot let the crapfest go with Todd and Carmon.  She continues to spread unsubstantiated lies as facts she "heard on the streets."

7.  Kandi still cries at the drop of a hat and does nothing to change the negative dynamics of her family and staff

8.  Todd finally grew a pair and told these witches off.

9.  Todd's family seems to be the normal ones

10.  Todd is a far better boss than Kandi.  Kandi doesn't seem to know what she's doing half the time or how to handle adversity.

• Love 11
(edited)

I wound up tuning in on this, and I'm enjoying it as well.  I don't agree with reality TV and marriages (especially brand-spankin' new ones) but I really hope Kandi and Todd can make it.  He seems like a reasonable dude who wants to do well.  Kandi would be an idiot if she lets anyone (Bravo, the fans, the OLG, her employees) ruin this for her.

Kandi has the worst case of Runteldat disease I've ever seen in life.  Like someone upthread said, she let the OLG talk all their shit (about Todd?  I can't remember) and she just took it and cried.  But she immediately ran back to the cabin and told Todd all the NEGATIVE parts of the conversation, and she really thought that he would just sit there and say, "Okay, babe"?  Like, WTF?  Instead of getting lipo and shit, she should have gotten a damn backbone transplant.  This woman is too grown and too successful to be so easily manipulated.  Ridiculous.  It's really a shame when your 11/12 year-old child can read people better than you.

What is Mama Joyce's problem?  Has she seen video of Carmon and Todd messing around?  Why is she so convinced?  And why is she so antagonistic toward someone she's known since they were a child?  It's all so bizarre.  My neighbor has a very ratchet theory that Carmon probably had a threesome with K&T, and that's the (fragmented) info that Mama Joyce is privy to.  I just need to know why MJ is being so aggressive about it.

Don Juan is one of those talking-ass people that I hate with a passion.  He can't let anything happen without having to give snarky commentary.  Always trying one-up people with a sarcastic quip or a joke at someone else's expense, but GOD FORBID someone call him on his shit or like Kandi, put him on blast when he least expects it.  Ol' catty-ass dude, ugh.  OLG, who?

I think Kandi is doing something right if she has a profitable empire, but there's something about her leadership style that leaves a lot to be desired.  I understand her wanting to keep people like DJ and Carmon close--people she's known forever and can trust.  She also knows all of their secrets, and they're acutely aware of that.  But in order to salvage my friendship, I would have to put Carmon in a completely different capacity if she's attitudinal and doesn't take initiative.  What the hell is she there for?

Glad to see Todd's family coming across like nice and sensible people.  I heard him getting choked up when he was talking to his uncle and brother at the bar about how he's in need of a sensible sounding board now that his mother's passed.  Poor guy.

Edited by Ceruleana
  • Love 7

Kandi is delusional. After telling Todd how the OLG and Weenie tore her a new one, she says they ended on a good note. Whether dealing with her mom, the OLG or Phaedra, Kandi thinks everything is all good while the storms clouds are evident to everyone else. She asks Carmon to have a talk with her mom as though that evil grinning Chuckie doll is normal. I don't pay attention to facebook but it seems y'all often report that she puts up some happy go lucky post or picture, gets skewered, then has to retract or clarify. Why is she so blind?

• Love 3
(edited)

Don Juan is one of those talking-ass people that I hate with a passion. He can't let anything happen without having to give snarky commentary. Always trying one-up people with a sarcastic quip or a joke at someone else's expense, but GOD FORBID someone call him on his shit or like Kandi, put him on blast when he least expects it. Ol' catty-ass dude, ugh. OLG, who?

Yes to all this. He annoys me and strikes me as someone with no friends. And his head looks like that one cookie that didn't bake right.

I think Aunt Gladys has Joyce's number because I think Joyce has herself a little crush on Uncle Joe. I love the way she slithered up beside Aunt Gladys (who is a dead ringer for BethAnn Hardison) and Aunt Gladys just looked at her like she was crazy. Talking about she bought gifts for her two grand babies. Yeah right. I bet she bought something for Riley and Kayla got like a 5 stick pack of Juicy Fruit or something. And then she'll complain that she went through all the trouble of buying that gum and that girl doesn't even have the respect to chew it.

And then her speech to "Tow-It" about how Uncle Joe walked right in and kissed his wife of 7 years, but Tow-It went and got himself a beer. Well played Joyce. She's trying to get Todd's family on her side because she knows they have his back.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6

Just rewatched one of the episodes and noticed that it was Carmon who suggested Matthew go shopping with the OLG.  Then when Matthew says that he kind of wanted to go skiing, she looked at him and said with pursed lips, "Well maybe you can go skiing another time."   This bitch.  Matthey is too nice. 

I think Aunt Gladys has Joyce's number because I think Joyce has herself a little crush on Uncle Joe. I love the way she slithered up beside Aunt Gladys (who is a dead ringer for BethAnn Hardison) and Aunt Gladys just looked at her like she was crazy. Talking about she bought gifts for her two grand babies. Yeah right. I bet she bought something for Riley and Kayla got like a 5 stick pack of Juicy Fruit or something. And then she'll complain that she went through all the trouble of buying that gum and that girl doesn't even have the respect to chew it.

And then her speech to "Tow-It" about how Uncle Joe walked right in and kissed his wife of 7 years, but Tow-It went and got himself a beer. Well played Joyce. She's trying to get Todd's family on her side because she knows they have his back.

You read my mind on all of this.  I wonder how long it will take her to repeat how she don't give a shit about Kaela?  And she was trying real hard not smile when she brought up how Todd went to get a drink.  So what.  I was just glad Todd shut her ass down with a, "can we get back to the point of the conversation" transition.  He didn't even give her little assumption the time of day.  Good for him.  I do believe that one day, between all the nagging family and Kandi's indifference to her family's behavior, he's going to blow and absolutely lose his shit..

charmed1, love that description of DJ. How does that unappetizing specimen get away with calling himself by the name of a great lover? And go around calling other people "Forest Gump"? Guess you and C are Forest Grump!

• Love 2

Well, Kaela and Riley have flip cams. I'm not sure what the point is or if we will see much of anything but, they are supposed to be recording the "turn up" parts. It sounds like a good idea and possibly a hidden camera type thing. Good idea but it's been a let down so far.

Kandi needs to shut up about Todd needing to stay healthy so his sperm will work. The world was told after their fertility tests that he isn't the problem. She is.

Did we need to hear about black and crusty toenails?

Kaela's speech to MJ was tear-inducing. Yes, Kandi, maybe you adults can learn something from the children.

"I am wise enough to know when to let go." -- Momma Joyce

Hell hath frozen over, but wait.....it'll melt soon enough when she forgets that lie. I truly hope she means it. But i know better. And so does Kandi.

Why does Kandi feel the need to make her "employees" feel like she doesn't take them for granted? It's the other way around, Kandi!!! You are paying deadbeats!

• Love 6

Did Mama Joyce really start acting differently after she had brain surgery (back when Kandi was 12 years old)? I think she has always been this way. Kandi is too victimized. This has been going on for a long time IMO. Although she sounded crazy in that conversation with Carmon.

• Love 1

I have two comments: (1) I didn't like the comment that Matthew made about giing to ATL and having both Don Juan's and Carmen's jobs, he showed his hand; and, (2) there is nothing worse than having a srt of skills and a professional title but being treated like just an assistant or secretary.

• Love 1

Aunt Baby Dinosaur complaining that the smell in the reefer shop was so "skrong" and then immediately going out to the parking lot to smoke a stinking cigarette. Hilarious.

Are Kaela and Riley wearing old lady wigs too?! I didn't notice before. Damn, did Dorothy Norwood's tour bus tip over and lose all her wigs in Atlanta? Aunt Gladys is the only woman on the trip wearing her own hair. I thought Kaela's wig was Joyce's "gift" to her because it looked so much like Joyce's wig.

Okay DonJuan, I get it. You are not Kandi's assistant. So then why are you there? If you're the "general manager" or whatever you say you are, then you should be in Atlanta working. Not in Colorado complaining that you can't wait to get back to Atlanta.

• Love 3

There was way too much manufactured "making up" going on this episode.  And I think the whole purpose of the show was to give Mama Joyce a good edit to make her seem semi human.  I also think it was a tremendous fail.  All that malarkey about her acting the way she does because of an operation on her brain years ago?!  I call heavy stinking bullshit on that one.  I think this bitch was born evil.  Like I said, had Sharon not died, Joyce would still be her same evil uncaring self.  She's just feeling a little guilty for how she spread lies about a woman she didn't even know and who died during her whole character assassination of her.  I hope this is the last we'll see o her.

• Love 5

Mama Joyce calling other people "nasty", is a joke. No fricking self awareness. Same with Kandi and her comment about not having any problems that she needed to work on/burn. Kandi, you're the only one who believes that.

Same with Don Juan. Him trying to justify his negativity toward Matthew by saying they had a back and forth thing going.....When did that happen? Matthew was never rude or disrespectful to him. And both Don Juan and Carmon know damn well they weren't jut joking.

I was cracking up at Matthew and the shee-a butter, and Todd's, "he may not know how to say it, but he has some cause he know what black people need!" Lol!

Also enjoyed the OLG at the "weed factory".

I guess mama Joyce really did have an amarism....

Overall I enjoyed this little special. I liked seeing them get along and have fun and try new things together. Hopefully they all will move forward from this and continue with positive relationships.

Speaking of, did I miss Don Juan letting something burn?

• Love 3

Kaela's speech to MJ was tear-inducing. Yes, Kandi, maybe you adults can learn something from the children.

Girl.  This right here?  I've never really taken a good long look at Kaela so it hadn't struck me until yesterday just how much she looks like Sharon.  She had me at her first word.  But get this, even though by now she has to have seen all the ways in which Joyce has shaded her so far, she still made that speech about forgiveness of the treatment bestowed onto her grandmother.  cooks, you weren't the only one cutting onions.     I have to admit I was halfway wishing Joyce was gonna show her true colors and give us another: 

man-throwing-shoe-at-george-bush.gif

"I am wise enough to know when to let go." -- Momma Joyce

Said no sociopath ever.    Did ya'll see the hostility with which she was talking to Carmon in the bedroom.   She's a lie and the truth ain't in her but that expression on her face?  ::makesthesignofthecross::   She's nashing her teeth, keeping her dumbass rumor alive, going back to a conversation from TWENTY. FOUR. YEARS. AGO. that didn't happen in reality as it did in her head.....and somehow at the end of that she calls this woman she's known since she was Riley's age, a fucking asshole.  It's Carmon I'm mad at.   My best friend and I would have to have no relationship or one that was completely modified with a caveat that her mother and I can never, ever, interact.   It's one thing if that's your own mother, you have to learn how to manage that for her whole life or not but to put up with that shit on a voluntary basis.   Carmon, get your ass outta bed, work your own hustle and buy your own benz.  

Auntie Nora shut down your sniveling.  You know what you can do to help your sister?  Quit indulging her nutty ass outrageous claims and stop treating a 65 year old grown ass woman like she's the baby of your family.  We all saw Regarding Henry boo. If anything that operation would've made that bitch less hateful. 

Telling Matthew how rude Don Juan and Carmon are to everybody - ya'll I belly laughed.

Todd talking to his brother before he left made me want to group tacklehug both of em.   "that's your wife's mother, you have to tread lightly"  or, OR, there is no shortage of single women in Atlanta, you could find whose family dynamic is, you know, healthy.

• Love 5

The two Aunties wigs hanging from a hook on a wall rack?  Jebus be 4 packs of Malaysian in 1b. 

Joyce's sisters offered some interesting insight but I don't buy that damn brain surgery excuse. Joyce didn't start acting a fool until Todd showed up. She didn't seem this off-balanced with Kandi's last fiance and his ass was a real mess with eleventy kids and questionable income stream. 

DJ is just too damn bitchy for me. Also, I hate those type of people that are going sit around and make broad generalized statements of what all black people do or don't do, eat or don't eat. Shut your crusty ass lips and speak for your own limited closed ass self. Also, how did someone so charm-free get the name Don Juan anyway? Is it a case of opposites? You know like an obese person have the nickname Slim or a 6'10" person have the nickname Tiny?

I have two comments: (1) I didn't like the comment that Matthew made about giing to ATL and having both Don Juan's and Carmen's jobs, he showed his hand; 

The thing that was foremost in my mind was Kandi and company are running the DJ/Matthew/Carmon dynamic up the flagpole and seeing if it flew.  This, much like her family drama, is pretty much a search for storyline fodder. Yes, I am now that jaded about Kandi. She is either gonna use this to further story on RHOATL or most likely, get her own show, which is something I think she has been gunning for for a while. I don't know what his future career plans are, but, I think if Matthew's goals are to getting into production, producing or anything more Hollywood related, career wise Matthew would be better off staying with Todd. Todd seems like a better boss who can actually train employees and give him the transferable skills he needs. Plus, Todd works in the field and has connections. I would hate to work for Kandi, especially with all the blurred family/business lines. 

I cackled last week when Kandi's family were going in on what exactly DJ and Carmon did at that dinner and DJ was in a talking head wondering why Kandi wasn't stepping in and either squashing it or defending them. Um, this coming from a man who last season on RHOATL, likened sex with Todd to being humped by a chihuahua while Kandi stood right there! Bitch, Kandi doesn't say boo when you are talking crazy shit about her own damn husband why should she jump in for you. Have allll the seats on a rotating ski lift. 

• Love 11

The wig shot was awesome.

How about MJ's assertion that she was by Kandi's side building her empire til recently? Does that make any sense?

Yes, if you think of it in terms of MJ being beside her with her hand out, waiting for more money.

• Love 4

I definitely think Matthew is the new story line for Kandi. There was a lot of foreshadowing. DJ and Carmon warning him not to trust Joyce, Matthew threatening to take DJ and Carmon's job.

• Love 1

I am hanging my head in shame, y'all. I was trying to figure out how to access an old twitter account that is tied to my name because the one i've actually used is tied to a job i no longer had and my image showed up in a line up that included Mama Joyce, because my name is Joyce and I'm like WTF? Do we have the same name, too? Yuck!

(edited)

Why the hell to TODD need an assistant? Can't these people do anything for themselves.

Different show, I know, but between Patricia on Southern Charm and -- some of the other housewives, even, I'm sick of people who lift a finger for themselves.

People all over the country raise kids, juggle jobs and appointments....without personal assistants. 

Edited by selhars

I think Todd needs someone out in L.A. keeping an eye on things when Todd's not there. He produces his shows from L.A. and he probably gets Matthew to set up appointments, scheduling, being a liason with the studio people, etc.

Kandi hates to ever leave the confines of Atlanta, so I'm not sure why she has Carmon and Don Juan on the payroll.

I am hanging my head in shame, y'all. I was trying to figure out how to access an old twitter account that is tied to my name because the one i've actually used is tied to a job i no longer had and my image showed up in a line up that included Mama Joyce, because my name is Joyce and I'm like WTF? Do we have the same name, too? Yuck!

Well I think you know what you have to do now. Prince Valiant wig and wedge shoes on the way. You'll soon notice your voice taking on a shaky, raggedy quality. Don't fight it Baby Joyce. The transformation has begun.
  • Love 7
(edited)

Todd has a production company and his work load probably necessitates an assistant. It's not like he's Sonja Morgan.

I don't know what to think about Mama Joyce, but I really do hope she lets the situation with Carmon go. I believe Todd when he says he did not have a sexual relationship with her.

Kayla, Todd's daughter, is adorable. I wouldn't have been so quick to forgive Mama Joyce if she spoke so ill of my grandparents and father.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 5

Well I think you know what you have to do now. Prince Valiant wig and wedge shoes on the way. You'll soon notice your voice taking on a shaky, raggedy quality. Don't fight it Baby Joyce. The transformation has begun.

Lmfao!

(edited)

I cackled last week when Kandi's family were going in on what exactly DJ and Carmon did at that dinner and DJ was in a talking head wondering why Kandi wasn't stepping in and either squashing it or defending them. Um, this coming from a man who last season on RHOATL, likened sex with Todd to being humped by a chihuahua while Kandi stood right there! Bitch, Kandi doesn't say boo when you are talking crazy shit about her own damn husband why should she jump in for you. Have allll the seats on a rotating ski lift.

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha. I lived!!! Edited by lasandi
  • Love 3

Bravo has got to be paying for all (trip, cabins, clothes, private chefs, ect) of this since they wanted this show and scenarios? I know Kandi is very well off but she should not be spending a dime on this contrived nonsense.

The sound tracks are annoying and terribly out of place. I recognized some of the incidental music and manipulative cues from VHI shows which I find much more inferior in class status to a bravo reality show. This show also reminds me of Kim's Don't be Tardy..... spin off that the story is very basic.

Kandi looks pretty on this show since Her makeup is toned down.

• Love 1

Momma Joyce is utterly the MOST annoying, obnoxious, ungrateful and manipulative mother since Mommy Dearest. Riley is sounding more and more like Momma Joyce without the annoying "chalkboard voice".

• Love 3
(edited)

I have had no interest in this show. The premise is waaaay too contrived with hauling the entire non-skiing clan and all those elderly relatives to a ski resort. Puhleeze. I will bet they were major witches, bitches, and acted like prima donna wannabes with production and they probably drove Kandi nuts  as well with every need of their stay. Wonder if Kandi got a small $$$ deal cut for each of them...otherwise how would they get all them to go? Or she paid them herself. Yep, that's more like it. She paid her "cast".

Now, regarding MaMa Joyce's incessant character accusations/assasinations of Carmon (plus Todd and others), and as to why now if Joyce has known her since she was a kid. My theory on Joyce always has been that even though Kandi made a good living from song royalties and her store (likely a much smaller income), ...Joyce's greed went to new heights when Kandi got the Housewives' TV gig and Joyce was privy to how much money Kandi made from it. Plus it really put not only Kandi on a wider fame scale via TV, .....it did that to Joyce too. Her ego ballooned - especially after she was featured and was even brought onto the reunion last year. She so acted like she thought was charming and hot stuff...she thought she was a star of the show too.  

Joyce can't break the 4th wall; but she has been trying for 5 (?) seasons now to protect her TV CASH COW = Kandi. I am sure that the big house that Kandi bought for herself and the new big one (the 2nd) for Joyce and the "paparachi sapphires" and all that gold jewelry all are due to Bravo money and Joyce knows it. Moreover, Kandi's sex toy business is also successful probably due to Kandi's TV exposure. One business feeds the other. 

Joyce's total m.o. is to preserve her Bravo money flow and the lifestyle to which this manipulative narcissist greedy witch in a comical Prince Valiant wig and a permanent sourpuss face, .....has become accustomed.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2