Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

This is her life. This is the rest of her life. How very very depressing, lonely and sad. She wanted a house with a picket fence, kids, and a doting husband with a good FICO score. Instead she got less  than nothing. I would be so depressed if I were her.

(edited to ask- Are you being sarcastic?)

At 47, I hope she knows that life isn't like a Disney movie.

Divorce is tough- it takes time (and a focus on reality)

I'm sure she will be fine!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2
Why doesn't  Lamar get a real job and live within his means.

Good question/advice for all these yahoos who hit the showbiz scene for a minute or two.  Perhaps Sherri instilled in him The Word According to Sherri...that once you're on television (reality show et al), you DESERVE to continue there no matter what--otherwise, how can one maintain the lifestyle one has come to love?

• Love 5
(edited)

Maryis, I have some sympathy for Sherri as well. I am just not a person that enjoys the suffering of others. A break up is difficult for everyone, but I suspect it is particularly difficult when you are a well-known media presence. Despite many of Sherri's inane beliefs and questionable behavior, I admire her ability to show a brave face and keeping going with all of these things happening to her. I have lost jobs and I have lost men-that shit can be very hard. Add in the child custody issue and this baby being born...it is a lot for anyone to handle.

Edited to add: I do realize that she has it way easier than millions of way less affluent women in the world and by comparison, well, there is no comparison. No argument that high socioeconomic status makes everything easier. I believe there are some things that money cannot help you with and heartbreak like this is one of them. (The job, the divorce, the custody of Jeffrey, the new baby and that custody fight-the death of the dream she had for this family they were building)

Edited by GiveMeSpace

Sherri is a victim of her own delusions.  She saw what she wanted/needed to see in Sally and ignored all the elephants in the room.  Any one who says they ONLY want a boy/girl of their own should be kicked to the curb immediately.  The statement is so stunning in it's arrogance and selfishness, I question what kind of parent that person would be.

On a side note - can an embryo be tested to tell gender?  What would Sally demand if the fetus tested female?  Would the embryo meet the same fate?  I think we all know exactly what he would demand, and while legal, I can't imagine a more selfish reason for an abortion.  I am pro choice, but that doesn't mean I have to celebrate every choice.

Her desperation to have a huzzbin led her too her lousy choices.  Be careful what you wish for!

• Love 8

Yeah what the hell with the screaming introductions. At the top of her lungs.

I can't put my finger on the stand in place dancing she did after the janitor singer segment...like the woman who stands with a magician?

What a mess she is in now because she had to have a huzzband  I agree she should move back to CA. If it is not her egg does she have parental rights?

Mercy.

Sherri is in the position she is in because of her own questionable choices.  Am I happy she is going through this mess? No.  Am I sorry she is going through this mess?  No.  We all have to live by the choices we make in life.  People get divorced every day. People go through custody battles every day.  The only difference is Sherri's problems are public. 

• Love 3

Yes she has money but the question is how much is she going to have to pay out to Sal. She was so desperate to get married there is no telling what kind of prenup she agreed to.  I'm guessing there probably wasn't anything written in it about future children (although I could be wrong). 

Then of course there is the other custody battle with the first husband.  If she loses that one then she could be paying child support to two ex husbands.

At this point, since it appears she's off the rails, I actually have a pittance of sympathy for her.  She surely made a mess out of her life when for most sensible folks she was presented with every opportunity to do well for herself and Jeffrey's special needs with a quiet man off on the side somewhere out of the spotlight.

• Love 1

I thought I read one article that said they saw the pre-nup before the court file was sealed and the pre-nup gives Sal only $60,000. Also, I think there was some provision regarding future children, but I don't remember what it said.

• Love 3
The only difference is Sherri's problems are public.

I agree, SusieQ147, and many of the problems are those she chose to make public.  She and Mr. Wonderful.  Tweet-Tweet and other comedy stylings.

• Love 3

This happens with celebs all the time. They make a big show about how happy their marriages are and how much in love they are and blah blah blah and then boom, the shit hits the fan.  If you choose to put every detail of your life on social media and then your life turns to shit it's not a big surprise people are going to enjoy it. As Joy was so fond of saying, there is a word for enjoying someone else's misery.  Schadenfreude.

• Love 7
(edited)

Maybe if Sherri moves back to CA she can get a reality show co-starring that therapist who appeared on Gene Simmons and Tori Spelling's shows.

Edited by Jaded

And yet Sherri has continually asked since even before being married "what makes a happy marriage?" My guess is you figure it out and stop questioning it so publically on national tv and talk to real friends and family. And she always relied so heavily in the church evangelists (sorry, can't think of who - but a couple, and another that lost a child to suicide recently - and others). And also Steve Harvey. And they were separated before 3 years of married life. But then it is like her trying to raise Jeffrey yet never taking advice.

And now look where she is - willfully ignorant. Those poor children.....

I'm pro-choice as well but I draw the line at using abortions as a form of birth control, as Sherri did. And she said she always went to Planned Parenthood and was never taught a thing. I always found that hard (even impossible) to believe. Like I say, willfully ignorant and she'll do what she damn well pleases despite the  consequences not only to herself but her child/ren. Like listening to what the "haters" have been telling her for a very long time - let alone BW and dismissing it.

• Love 5

And she said she always went to Planned Parenthood and was never taught a thing. I always found that hard (even impossible) to believe.

I believe that Sherri never LEARNED a  thing from Planned parenthood.  Which is different than saying nobody tried to teach her.  

It's just a typical Sherri move, always blaming someone else for her screw-ups.  

• Love 9

Honestly I dont understand the whole "poor Sherri" theme on this thread. Her story is not unusual..... Divorce happens all the time.... but most public divorces the tables are turned and it is the man with the money paying child support (or sometimes not) and the woman is celebrated for "getting what she can" ..... personally I think both of these characters are wealthy in the monetary sense but pretty poor on the self respect and common sense part of life.

I dont have any pity for either one... and the child will be well taken care of .... both children even..... From what I have seen.... Sherri really isnt a very good mother.

• Love 8

Sherri Shepherd: It's Not My Kid. I'm Not Paying Child Support!

Sherri Shepherd does not want anything to do with her unborn surrogate baby ... because she believes her estranged husband defrauded her into having the kid in the first place so he could get child support ... this according to multiple sources connected with the couple.

[snip] Now our sources say ... the baby was conceived with Lamar's sperm, but NOT Sherri's egg. 

Now here's where it gets tricky.  We're told Sherri does not want custody or even to be considered a parent ... because she doesn't want to get stuck with massive child support payments.

Sherri wants a judge to rule she has no parental rights or responsibilities -- which would shut the door to child support.  She claims Lamar defrauded her -- that he got her to sign on for a surrogate birth knowing full well he would divorce her and then nail her to the wall for child support.

Our Lamar sources say Sherri tried to get pregnant in vitro and when it didn't work she got deeply involved in the surrogacy process.

Another twist ... Sherri has filed for divorce in New Jersey and Lamar has filed in California.  This is not a coincidence.  We did some digging, and found New Jersey courts generally do NOT recognize surrogacy agreements, which means Lamar would probably be shut down.  Not so in Cali.

Sorry about the multi quote. I put all the text in one quote box. The system for some reason made it like that. I tried to fix it; but gave up.  :)

• Love 4
(edited)

Going back to Sal's tweets in Oct/Nov (which we now assume were about the surrogacy)

It is interesting that they were all about him!

(you would expect to see "we" )

Just got some very exciting news.  I'm both elated & scared of the journey I am about 2 take.  Can't explain now but I will keep you posted.

Tomorrow is the big day!  Kind of scared and kind of excited!

Edited by springtime

Didn't most of us think Sal was doing a long con with Sherri?  But here is where it gets confusing.  If they had a child that was Sherri's biological child Sal couldn't be sure he would get custody.  But if they used a surrogate and it wasn't Sherri's biological child then is Sherri on the hook for child support?

Could Sherri have truly been so blind that she couldn't see the numerous red flags that Sal was playing her?  Actually, yes I think she could be. 

• Love 1

The separation agreement he drew up in CA gives insight into his plan to take her for everything!

(including spousal support, all legal fees, fees for Lamar's birth) and strip her of all rights to Lamar Jr (except reasonable visitation)

Prenatal injunctive order for the delivery of minor child at the time of birth to be delivered into the custody of the petitioner without interference by the respondent

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/sherribb.pdf

(edited)

But if they used a surrogate and it wasn't Sherri's biological child then is Sherri on the hook for child support?

Sherri is filing for divorce in NJ, which apparently does not recognise the surrogate's child as hers (it wasn't her egg that met with Sal's sperm).  He's filing in CA, which has different laws and DOES recognise her as the mother.  This will be fascinating as it unfolds. 

Once she's off the View, will we still be able to discuss her and her issues here? 

Edited by Lava VaVoom
  • Love 1

This will be a most interesting case and very worthy and timely of a Hot Topic. Who knew that Sherri would be at her most interesting and possibly to the point of law/bill changing after she leaves the table.

In the slightly different direction, I do wonder how Christian Sherri would discuss the case if it wasn't hers. I'd bet she would slam the mother for trying to distance herself from the child. 

• Love 5

Very interesting....and here Sherri told anyone interested in being her surrogate would get a Hyundai  car on the show - and that she wanted "a drama free uterus." There is a lot of public info for Sal and his attorney can use against Sherri in court to disprove her claim he defrauded her and got her to sign on with a surrogate. Sherri's big mouth gets her in trouble once again.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Daily Mail article is a combination of new, old and wrong information

The star filed for divorce on May 2 and initially asked for full legal and physical custody of her yet-to-be-born baby in the proceedings.

The May 2nd filing is Sal's separation filing - and he asked for full legal and physical custody.

Sherri filed later.

Edited by springtime
(edited)

I thought I read one article that said they saw the pre-nup before the court file was sealed and the pre-nup gives Sal only $60,000. Also, I think there was some provision regarding future children, but I don't remember what it said.

I remember reading that too @LuckyBitch - thus the reason for the baby.  Children are a favorite tool of gold-diggers in locking down an 18 year income stream.

This will be a most interesting case and very worthy and timely of a Hot Topic. Who knew that Sherri would be at her most interesting and possibly to the point of law/bill changing after she leaves the table.

No kidding @Almost 3000  But I have no doubt  this will continue to play  out in the tabloids. 

I know stories in the tabs should be taken with a grain of salt, but Sal's scam for an 18 year payout could have been seen by anyone not blinded by love.  The guy didn't have a job when she met him and any income he had after they married was because she fired her manager and gave Sal the percentage. Add in that she had recently gone through a public divorce/custody trial where she ended up paying out alimony and child support, and said regularly she was looking for a husband.     I wonder if any of Sherri's friends or family tried to talk to her about this before it happened? 

Edited by Cosmocrush

I wonder if any of Sherri's friends or family tried to talk to her about this before it happened?

If her friends/family had tried to talk with her, would she have listened?

My former sis-in-law's favorite expression was "why didn't anybody tell me" about any & everything in her life that she did NOT listen to when she was told/advised.........

• Love 1
(edited)

This is the one time if a story is true, that I actually agree with Sherri. Yes it may seem heartless to ditch the baby, but in the long run it will be better for all involved.

Sal has a lot of nerve. He doesn't want Sherri to miss the birth of the baby but he wants full custody as soon as the baby comes out. Then he wants child support on top of that while naming the baby after him while she gets nothing but visitation and to foot the bills.

I feel bad for any parents in these situtations. It isn't fair when women do it to trap men for years in child support and it isn't fair to do the same to women. That is why you should be careful in whom you choose to procreate with. Looking at you as well Halle Berry.

Maybe next time Sherri will take the advice of people and think long and hard about a person instead of just wanting a husband and wedding.

Edited by dr. gailey
  • Love 2

Daily Mail is just a tabloid rag.  I couldn't even list all the misinformation I used to see there before I quit even bothering.

Sal is truly a sorry POS, and I can't help but feel he is delighting in sticking it to poor, dumb Sherri.  It really looks like now that he did plan this whole scam on her from the beginning - just like a lot of women do to men.  I hope this is as obvious to the judge as it is to me.

Nobody can force Sherri to sign the birth certificate and adopt this baby, can they?  Men who aren't the biological father but have filled that role have been ordered to pay child support, but that's not the case here. 

And can a surrogate be forced to give away a baby made with her egg?  I was thinking a surrogate had time to change her mind.  That's why you want a surrogate who is only renting her womb - not using her own egg so she's related biologically.

(edited)
Nobody can force Sherri to sign the birth certificate and adopt this baby, can they?  Men who aren't the biological father but have filled that role have been ordered to pay child support, but that's not the case here. 

And can a surrogate be forced to give away a baby made with her egg?  I was thinking a surrogate had time to change her mind.  That's why you want a surrogate who is only renting her womb - not using her own egg so she's related biologically.

These are the legal questions that make this so fascinating in my opinion.  As someone else pointed out, much of this kind of law differs from state to state if it even exists at all.    The surrogate must be horrified by this turn of events. It  reminds me of when Sherri kept saying (in various interviews) that she and Sal were looking for a "drama-free uterus" as their surrogate. Instead, she and Sal are bringing the drama. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

These are the legal questions that make this so fascinating in my opinion.  As someone else pointed out, much of this kind of law differs from state to state if it even exists at all.    The surrogate must be horrified by this turn of events. It  reminds me of when Sherri kept saying (in various interviews) that she and Sal were looking for a "drama-free uterus" as their surrogate. Instead, she and Sal are bringing the drama.

and these are the discussions that will keep me glued to this forum. The Anna Nicole family vs Larry Daddy trial was the last time I remember custody and its outcome being so interesting.

I am curious to see how the whole surrogate thing goes . They all would have signed a contract. The surrogate agreed to this when the baby she's carrying was going to a couple who were together. It would interest me even if it weren't Sherri and Sal. Do Lifetime movies pay a lot?  It honestly sounds like one..........

• Love 2

My guess is that Sherri, like a lot of celebrities, doesn't actually have a lot of money saved. If I had her salary for 2-3 years I'd retire and be set for life, but I bet she spends it all on $1.7M homes, nannies, special education, travel, personal assistants, private chefs, cars, house upkeep, stylists, financial advisers, managers, shopping, gadgets, etc. One's "needs" always seem to expand to fill the available income.

• Love 9

Yep, Cosmocrush, that drama-free uterus.  "It's so funny" - maybe later Sherri can use that in her standup, because, you know, it's so funny.

But really, now that I think about it, after this is all over, I'd kinda like to hear Sherri go off about Sal the way she wanted to do to Jeff.

• Love 2
(edited)

Perhaps the surrogate is just a surrogate and not carrying her bio child, nor Sherri's.

Since she and Sal decided he was just worth $60,000 no matter how long the marriage lasted in their prenup - who can guess what was said about eventual custody of this child when the papers were signed with the surrogate.

Indeed, very interesting case - when it is over perhaps they will appear on 20/20 with Barbara. That should provide Sal with a few bucks.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 1

Indeed, very interesting case - when it is over perhaps they will appear on 20/20 with Barbara. That should provide Sal with a few bucks.

Hee. You just KNOW this is already in the works!

• Love 1

Reading here to get everyone's insightful and witty comments on Sherrie's predicament.

It's so funny what the latest news is on the July baby! If the news is true, it was Lamar's sperm but not Sherrie's egg but both signed contract with the surrogate. Seriously I am interested in how this plays out in court to see if legally sherrie can be held responsible for helping to support the child (after the surrogate fees and birth medical fees are paid) if it can be proved that lamar was despicable enough pursue having a baby while fooling around on Sherrie and intending to divorce. I can totally believe he was not faithful and saw 18 years of child support as his gravy train.

And Maggiemay, I think you are on to something.....Barbara/Bill is probably salivating at the idea of exploiting this and interviewing Sherri for a 20/20.....it's so funny.

In the slightly different direction, I do wonder how Christian Sherri would discuss the case if it wasn't hers. I'd bet she would slam the mother for trying to distance herself from the child. 

Exactly! If this story is true, what happened to Sherri's Christian values?

Sal might be a loser, leech, and scammer, but in family law cases the judge is supposed to consider the best interests of the child. Whether Sal talked Sherri into this just to get a meal ticket, or whether Sherri feels no biological connection to this baby who she and Sal decided to create and bring into this world is not the issue, nor the standard that is used in family court.

This baby doesn't deserve this at all. Sal might have seen it as a meal ticket, but Sherri talked about wanting more kids even before she met Sal. Then, after they got married, she repeatedly blabbed on national television and in print interviews that she wanted to have a baby and they were looking for a surrogate.

It's abundantly clear that they both decided to bring this baby into the world and went to great lengths to do so. Like it not, they are BOTH responsible for this baby. They don't get to create a baby and then walk away because he's become inconvenient.

What a freaking mess her life is. I think Sherri and Sal are both despicable, immature, selfish disasters. I wouldn't wish a homeless puppy on either of them, let alone an innocent child.

• Love 6

Plus Sal only wanted a boy - gee, can't imagine how that happened with a surrogate.

And Sherri was involved in this despite being against abortion yet having more "than she can count."

And paying for her frozen eggs for Jeffrey Sr for eternity.

Perhaps the surrogate is just a surrogate and not carrying her bio child, nor Sherri's.

It's funny I thought of this months ago. Maybe Sal got an egg from some hot babe, transplanted that in a willing surrogate? Lots of legal questions forthcoming. Sal will probably want SS to pick up his attorney's fees!

It is sad.  I don't necessarily believe Sal put together this master plan.  I think she's always wanted an additional child. Sal may have thought it was a good move but I still think it was all her motivation and planning behind it.  I guess if you have this kind of money and are willing to spend you can do just about anything.

It is ironic that ABC may have felt a need to can her even if they were willing to retain her for 2015? This kind of talk --if true-- about not taking responsibility for an infant wouldn't be acceptable for a network TV host.

• Love 1

I wonder if Sherri knew Sal had been paying for - or she was paying for - that apartment for 10 years.  That's what Sal wrote, wasn't it, 10 years?  Really, how could Sal have been doing this with what his financial status was?  Questions, questions, questions.

I've been really missing One Life to Live.  This saga of Sherri and Lamar is definitely soapy - hee.

I recall in the first year or two that sherri started, when I was still watching pretty regularly, the panel was discussing some issue related to pregnancy and babies. Sherrie absolutely said that she had trouble conceiving naturally and had some eggs harvested and frozen. What eggs were not used when she conceived Jeffery (and wasn't there also a twin that sadly did't live? I may be confused on that) were frozen and she said she was paying a monthly fee to the fertility clinic for storing them. She hoped to use the eggs in the future to have a sibling for Jeffery. She also commented that, as a Christian, she could not imagine disposing of the frozen eggs, and called them her babies. (she didn't imply the eggs were fertilized)

I recall a friend and I talked about that was a monthly expense ( frozen egg storage) that we never considered and how, if she never used the eggs that monthly bill could be quite an expense if you viewed getting rid of the egg as murder! My friend suggested that after a certain number of years a doctor could probably advise the frozen eggs would not be viable and that would ease someone's conscience about discarding the eggs.

I wonder if she used all her frozen eggs in this latest surrogate situation, or if Lamar was concerned about Jeffery's medical conditions and wanted younger eggs to produce a magnificent specimen as his son?

if Lamar was concerned about Jeffery's medical conditions and wanted younger eggs to produce a magnificent specimen as his son?

Does he realize that he, Sal, is many cards short of a deck, guess not............that poor child

• Love 1

I recall in the first year or two that sherri started, when I was still watching pretty regularly, the panel was discussing some issue related to pregnancy and babies.

I found this in the archives at Huffington Post. The video is gone but Sherri is quoted about her frozen embryos.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/30/sherri-shepherd-on-her-fr_n_70490.html

She calls them "my little boys" which seems odd but is probably just a Sherri-ism.

I checked her book out at the library several months ago. I didn't share anything at the time because of the limits on twop. She was pregnant with Jeffery and his twin, a girl. Sherri was walking a dog (not sure who the dog belonged to) when she fell on her back. This caused her to miscarry the little girl and put her in the hosptial until Jeffery's early birth. That's all I really remember from that grand tome.

Ok, I know this is tacky, but how with a pregnant belly and those huge breasts did she fall on her back?  I'd never heard that story, Dissy, although I knew that there was a twin.

Wow, those comments from late '07 - not much has changed.