Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: From Zen To Sin

• Start Topic

Yes it did.  I didn't like that she called herself THOT at all.  The other ladies should have corrected her.

Actually, Porsha knows what it meant as she told Nene what it meant when she called Cynthia a THOT

• Love 5

Why does Porsha always end up looking like a cheap whore?

She looked better when Cordell had control over her wardrobe. I can't believe I just said that. 

I just wish that during the apology scene Phaedra would have brought up that Kenya did flirt with Apollo and should never have gone there to begin with, and how hurtful Kenya was regarding the Mr. Chocolate allegations. Instead, Phae was doing all the apologizing. She could have said, Hey, he was my husband, I wanted to believe him for the sake of my kids and trying to keep our failing marriage  together, however I was wrong.  Why should Kenya get a free pass in all that mess? 

Nene-not interested in her Cinderella costumes. Had to fast forward through that waste of time. 

• Love 11

Ok, I can be cynical but the scene where Phaedra gives her guide money after "being blessed to hear her story" about her hardship made me wonder if that was the guides ploy to con money out of the tourists. Don't hate me

No, no hate allowed in this thread. :) Having been to the Bahamas and other places where people are trying to sell you things on the side of the road, I've heard it all. I still thought it was nice of Phaedra to do what she did, but the thought did cross my mind.

NeNe doesn't stir up the trouble when everyone's around, she does it on the sidelines. For example, when Phaedra found out Apollo lied about Kenya, the first thing ouf ot Phaedra's mouth was that she should apologize to Kenya. NeNe immediately put the kibosh on that by saying that Apollo was lying about lying. See? That's how she works. Problem is, people are figuring it out, such as Kandi, and aren't falling for it anymore.

I'll be the first to say that I totally agreed with the women when they said it was like a breath of fresh air that NeNe wasn't there. It was a fun time. And I enjoy watching fun. I didn't enjoy watching Gregg slapping at NeNe's ass in the costume and acting ghetto. They can leave, and I have a feeling Claudia will take the position of the pot-stirrer next time around. Maybe Demetria will be given a second chance, as she seems like a nice lady but she really needs to speak up and make her prescence known.

• Love 6

I personally found it being disrespectful to the costume, to the award-winning designer who was standing there watching this... and he visibly seemed uncomfortable, bowing his head at one point. Just my personal opinion.

• Love 10

I didn't see Gregg actually slapping her behind, it looked to me like he was pretending to slap her on the rear end.  Besides, I'm sure those costumes can take more of a beating than that and I thought the dude bowed his head because he didn't want to laugh in their faces.

• Love 3
(edited)

In Season 1, didn’t Phaedra present herself as an equestrienne extraordinaire?  No mention of her ribbon-winning riding days. 

Kandi... I am the least fashionable person I know, but I can't imagine what you think you see when you put that green camo outfit on and look in the mirror. 

I think NeNe IS gone, and I think they all know it, hence the temporary peace.  Because Porsha and Phaedra can’t take on every.other.woman in the group by themselves, and they don’t know who will be new next year.  So suck it up, be nice, and live to bitch another day.

Andy got all up in a snit beause "my gays" were used on RHOBH (the women did not mean any harm)

You can’t judge anything by Andy – NeNe could not have been any more mean spirited and offensive with her homophobic comments towards Brandon and Peter and when Andy gently chided her, she told him flat out she said it and wasn’t going to apologize.  And he just piddled and walked away with his tail between his legs and continued being her biggest supporter.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

NeNe doesn't stir up the trouble when everyone's around, she does it on the sidelines. For example, when Phaedra found out Apollo lied about Kenya, the first thing ouf ot Phaedra's mouth was that she should apologize to Kenya. NeNe immediately put the kibosh on that by saying that Apollo was lying about lying. See? That's how she works. Problem is, people are figuring it out, such as Kandi, and aren't falling for it anymore.

I hate comments like this.  It completely takes the owness away from the person who should be responsible for their own behavior.  Nene is allowed to express her opinion during a conversation without it being held over her head that she manipulated the situation by stating said opinion.  Phaedra is a grown woman, with a brain of her own and makes her own decisions.  She had PLENTY of information and evidence with her own eyes that Kenya was being shady towards Apollo with or without Nene's input.  Phaedra isn't blaming anyone else for her actions, I don't see how viewers can make it Nene's fault.  

And let's be honest, Kenya got a kick out of screwing with Phaedra.  She thought it was funny and cute and visibly got a charge out of pissing her off.  Regardless of whether or not Apollo had lied about the text messages/fellatio....Phaedra point blank asked that they stay away from each other and the first chance Kenya got, she was up in Apollo's face knowing full well Phaedra could walk in at any moment.  Kenya openly disrespected Phaedra, many times.  I didn't see her apologize for shit last night regarding any of that.

She's lucky Phaedra let it slide.  I wouldn't have.

• Love 13

I hate comments like this.  It completely takes the owness away from the person who should be responsible for their own behavior.  Nene is allowed to express her opinion during a conversation without it being held over her head that she manipulated the situation by stating said opinion.  Phaedra is a grown woman, with a brain of her own and makes her own decisions.  She had PLENTY of information and evidence with her own eyes that Kenya was being shady towards Apollo with or without Nene's input.  Phaedra isn't blaming anyone else for her actions, I don't see how viewers can make it Nene's fault.  

And let's be honest, Kenya got a kick out of screwing with Phaedra.  She thought it was funny and cute and visibly got a charge out of pissing her off.  Regardless of whether or not Apollo had lied about the text messages/fellatio....Phaedra point blank asked that they stay away from each other and the first chance Kenya got, she was up in Apollo's face knowing full well Phaedra could walk in at any moment.  Kenya openly disrespected Phaedra, many times.  I didn't see her apologize for shit last night regarding any of that.

She's lucky Phaedra let it slide.  I wouldn't have.

^5 for your entire post CaughtonTape. I hazard a guess if anyone else had said the exact same thing that NeNe said, there would have been no side eye given. Some might have even agreed with the statement. All of these women are grown. NeNe has every right (and is getting paid very well to do so, I might add), to express an opinion about what has played out within the context of the show. To say that NeNe manipulated Phaedra into not apologizing to Kenya is not to give Phaedra any credit for having a mind and thoughts of her own. 

I agree. Inappropriate maybe, but ghetto is a big stretch.

It's because it's Gregg and NeNe......everything they do is wrong, so there's that....(smh). They were having a little fun with the costumes. So what. The gentleman didn't look at all offended by it. This was a new experience for NeNe. I am going to allow her to enjoy that moment however she sees fit. 

• Love 3

Ok, I can be cynical but the scene where Phaedra gives her guide money after "being blessed to hear her story" about her hardship made me wonder if that was the guides ploy to con money out of the tourists.  Don't hate me.

I thought the same thing so you are not alone.

I liked watching them all have fun and for once not turn it into a screaming match.  I think NeNe not being there did make a difference in atmosphere for whole group.  I would guess that these ladies are very guarded when NeNe is around.  I know I would be.

• Love 2

I think everyone gives Nene this enormous power she doesn't even want, let alone have. That by stating her opinion or reacting to others coming for her, she is a manipulative bully that scares the bejezzus out of the other cast mates.  No.  just, no.

I thought the same thing so you are not alone.

I liked watching them all have fun and for once not turn it into a screaming match.  I think NeNe not being there did make a difference in atmosphere for whole group.  I would guess that these ladies are very guarded when NeNe is around.  I know I would be.

They are never guarded, they always attack and then blame Nene.  Like what will happen next week.

• Love 3

Porsha DID look much better when Cordell had wardrobe input.  What's with bringing out her nasty crotch to play and to show the world?  She just cuts that thang in two - makes a camel toe look tasteful.  The daisey dukes have got to go... she looks like she's gained quite a bit of weight which does not help.  That, combined with crotch-slicing clothes just does not work!  Cover that thing up!  Felt sorry for her horse having to be so up close and personal with her.  Did you see that thong for horseback riding?

• Love 1

I do agree that Nene takes a lot of undeserved blame from the other women, but I still dislike her intensely just on her own merits, or lack thereof.

• Love 7

It's because it's Gregg and NeNe......everything they do is wrong, so there's that....(smh). They were having a little fun with the costumes. So what. The gentleman didn't look at all offended by it. This was a new experience for NeNe. I am going to allow her to enjoy that moment however she sees fit. 

That was not the reason for me at all. Although I am not as big a fan of NeNe's as I once was, I appreciate her humor and cutting remarks. I also very much admire how hard she works and the fact that she has used her housewives gig to make her acting dreams come true.

I'll take back calling the twerking bit ghetto, although I really think it was, but stand by my opinion that it was tacky as fuck. She keeps talking about how far she's come and how important this opportunity to perform on Broadway was and then does that? After Greg said for the second or third time, "baby got back" they should have let it go. Instead he feigns like he's slapping her butt and she starts in on the moves. The wardrobe director may not have been offended, but I'm sure he was thinking, OMG.

I wonder what Nene thinks when she looks back at scenes like this and when she asked the director if she could use different accents and call someone Wig, or whatever that crazy thing was she said last week. She may do these things because she's nervous about Cinderella and being on Broadway is a very fucking big deal, but she still needs to tone some of that shit down. 

• Love 4

I also apologize if my comment offended, that certainly wasn't my intent. Maybe I should have used Kandi's favorite term, "boughetto." It just dismays me to see someone who has truly worked hard and gotten to Broadway to act like a clown once they get there. It's why no one outside of Bravo or reality TV is knocking down her door with offers, people will watch this show to gauge what kind of person she is.

• Love 4

And some think they/she can do no wrong. Anyway.

That was not the reason for me at all. Although I am not as big a fan of NeNe's as I once was, I appreciate her humor and cutting remarks. I also very much admire how hard she works and the fact that she has used her housewives gig to make her acting dreams come true.

I'll take back calling the twerking bit ghetto, although I really think it was, but stand by my opinion that it was tacky as fuck. She keeps talking about how far she's come and how important this opportunity to perform on Broadway was and then does that? After Greg said for the second or third time, "baby got back" they should have let it go. Instead he feigns like he's slapping her butt and she starts in on the moves. The wardrobe director may not have been offended, but I'm sure he was thinking, OMG.

I used to be a fan, and I was a big supporter when she got Glee and New Normal - albeit because Ryan Murphy was a big fan of Original Flavor Nene and not because she was some great actress. I was still glad for her, and I watched both shows and rooted for her. [I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!]  But honestly as the seasons went on, and she got more and more up her own ass and returned every year more convinced of her queen bee status, my "Nene love" slowly but surely wore away, and was replaced with the cold, hard lump I have for her now. Time after time she dug in deeper, even dismissing the hard work and effort real actresses put into their work, and acting like she was too good for roles. Stupid, insecure people who stumble into success are always the worst and the least appreciative. I used to be offended when people would call her Moose, now I have no fucks to give. And I pin every bit of it on NENE LINNETHIA LEAKES. Not anybody else, nor anyone else's opinions or blame, nor "just 'cause it's them, no other reason needed."

So where I might have given her a bit of a pass even if I thought it was tacky (I don't use ghetto, tacky trash knows no neighborhood!), not anymore. These things aren't isolated incidents anymore, it's just the same old nasty and I'm not invested enough to draw the line between fun-loving old folks and a tacky bitch who still has glitter under her fingernails and the customer who took her home.

• Love 16

...honestly as the seasons went on, and she got more and more up her own ass and returned every year more convinced of her queen bee status, my "Nene love" slowly but surely wore away, and was replaced with the cold, hard lump I have for her now. Time after time she dug in deeper, even dismissing the hard work and effort real actresses put into their work, and acting like she was too good for roles. Stupid, insecure people who stumble into success are always the worst and the least appreciative. I used to be offended when people would call her Moose, now I have no fucks to give. And I pin every bit of it on NENE LINNETHIA LEAKES. Not anybody else, nor anyone else's opinions or blame, nor "just 'cause it's them, no other reason needed."

Cosign. It's her utter lack of humility that bugs. I appreciate confidence in a woman, but not an undeserved superiority complex.

• Love 12

I liked that the girls got along with each other last night but I really wish they would just stop trying to insert Nene into every conversation.  Why can't they just have fun without having to claim it is because Nene isn’t there.  Nene hasn’t been there for the past three years, really.  It is usually the coven who tries to come after Nene whenever she is with the group which is very rare of late. 

That awkward shift to discussing Nene seemed like producer manipulation to me. It just came out of nowhere, and while Nene can cause conflict, it is overstatement to act like Nene alone is the problem with this group. Everyone (except Demetria--and even she apologized for her part in a conflict) has talked shit or stirred shit within the circle.

• Love 1

I used to be a fan, and I was a big supporter when she got Glee and New Normal - albeit because Ryan Murphy was a big fan of Original Flavor Nene and not because she was some great actress. I was still glad for her, and I watched both shows and rooted for her. [I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!]  But honestly as the seasons went on, and she got more and more up her own ass and returned every year more convinced of her queen bee status, my "Nene love" slowly but surely wore away, and was replaced with the cold, hard lump I have for her now. Time after time she dug in deeper, even dismissing the hard work and effort real actresses put into their work, and acting like she was too good for roles. Stupid, insecure people who stumble into success are always the worst and the least appreciative. I used to be offended when people would call her Moose, now I have no fucks to give. And I pin every bit of it on NENE LINNETHIA LEAKES. Not anybody else, nor anyone else's opinions or blame, nor "just 'cause it's them, no other reason needed."

So where I might have given her a bit of a pass even if I thought it was tacky (I don't use ghetto, tacky trash knows no neighborhood!), not anymore. These things aren't isolated incidents anymore, it's just the same old nasty and I'm not invested enough to draw the line between fun-loving old folks and a tacky bitch who still has glitter under her fingernails and the customer who took her home.

I used to share your NeNe love.

I think what pushed my button to the cold setting was her behavior at the charity event Kenya held.

Yes, I realize it was sprung on her without her consent...but, in the end, it was for charity, and she could have handled it in a dignified manner publicly for those in attendance and out respect for the charity, and then verbally annihilated Kenya afterwards away from the attendees.

That was probably the first and only time I've totally agreed with Miss Peter on anything.  

IMO, it just showed a profound lack of grace and another side of NeNe about which I had heard but hadn't seen (or about which I was in denial).

She really played into Kenya's hand with that display, if in fact Kenya's goal was to make NeNe show her ass and true colors.

My NeNe love pretty much died with that episode.

(ETA: I realize that after this episode aired the charity turned out to be quite controversial, possibly even fraudulent, but I don't believe NeNe knew this at the time of the benefit as she still proclaimed to be a supporter of said charity on camera).

• Love 4

THOT = "That Ho Over There."

Thanks for the enlightenment! Regarding who called her that first, I think one of the others mentioned it and then she said "Yes, I'm the princess of THOTlandia." So she wasn't offended. I think these girls use "ho" comments often enough between themselves that I'm not surprised nor particularly shocked about it.

Regarding Greg pretending to slap Nene's behind - I think that it's just a very crass an inappropriate thing to do amongst people you don't know, in a professional setting no less! Why in the world would you make comments about butts and then pretend to slap it in a sexually suggestive manner? It's not okay. There was nothing playful or charming about it; it was vulgar.  Know your audience.  I was embarrassed for them.

If they were in the Philippines, being silly by the pool or something, than that's different.

• Love 11
(edited)

Thanks! I remembered that Phaedra was all ready to apologize, and then she did a complete about face, and at the time, I think I must have somehow missed that it was NeNe's comments that influenced her.

However, I don't blame NeNe for most of what's going on. There is plenty happening that she is not involved in in any way, even though she is at the center of a lot of acrimony. And I wouldn't mind her talking about her feelings about being on Broadway, etc. if they went along the lines of, "I so enjoy being on Broadway, I love acting, it's so much fun." Instead, her comments seem to always be more focused on the idea that she is superior to all the other cast members because she is a star, and they're not. And how wonderful an actress she is. And, bye, Felicia, don't need you no more. She's so full of herself that to me, it's sickening. Not seeing the talent, not seeing that she has done anything to earn these stints. It's like the goose laid the golden egg, and NeNe took all the credit. I think she is in these things because of her exposure on RH, and not for any other reason. Yet she acts as though this is something that was destined to happen due to her great talent as an actress. To me, her great talent is being herself, when she was herself instead of this hopped up on hubris egomaniac.

I used to love her. She was my favorite. But no more.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5

And I wouldn't mind her talking about her feelings about being on Broadway, etc. if they went along the lines of, "I so enjoy being on Broadway, I love acting, it's so much fun." Instead, her comments seem to always be more focused on the idea that she is superior to all the other cast members because she is a star, and they're not. And how wonderful an actress she is.

ITA. I remember when she was on Dancing with the Stars, even with some real stars (so to speak) on the show, she was the only one who acted like a diva. She threw a hissy fit and stormed out of rehearsal one day, and when she was eliminated, she talked all about herself and never once mentioned her partner.

Then, of course, there was the meeting she had with her agent, where she turned her nose up at acting classes because she didn't want to stifle her "raw talent." I can't imagine any director hiring her after seeing that clip. Ryan Murphy hired Nene because he liked the person he saw in season 1 or 2, and basically hired her to play herself. Fine. But he did her (and all of us!) a disservice, because she now apparently thinks she's the real deal. Or more.

Nene - a little humility goes a long way.

• Love 7
(edited)

I liked Nene too and I absolutely respect her achievements.  She has maximized her opportunity with RHOA and I am the first one to give her a standing ovation for that achievement.  I lost love for her when she treated Kim so rudely and disrespectfully over Tardy for the Party.  She and I were done when she disrespected Kim after Kim arranged for all the ladies to stay at a home of one of Kim's friends.  Nene was a bullying bitch and there was no excuse for her behavior in another person's home.  Just thinking about it gets my blood up.  She was jealous of attention Kim was getting and she talked shit about Kandi.  When she wanted to be included, she wasn't woman enough to say so.  She picked the project apart then when it achieved some success, she decided to turn her anger on Kim full force.  And she has the gall to say that people don't support her accolades.....

Nene cannot make a grown person do anything, but she does influence the way other people act.  She chooses to be an instigator when she can choose to be a peacemaker.  She is the one that got on national TV and suggested that Cynthia be fired from the show.  I don't recall anyone else openly campaigning for someone to leave the show.  Whats it to her who is doing what on the show as long as she is getting hers?  RHOA is HER show and she expects all of the other women to fall in line.

I don't like any woman to be called a whore, a ho, a THOT.  I am surprised and disappointed that no one questioned Porsha the couple of times she said THOT on the show.  Moreover, its sad that she thinks so lowly of herself to present herself in such ugly clothes then refer to herself as Princes of THOTlandia.  As I said previously, I hope this is just a stage Porsha is going through as a result of her new found freedom and self exploration.

I am not jealous of Porsha.  She annoys me, but I think she is a lot of fun.  Porsha is a beautiful girl with a beautiful figure.  I have these attributes too.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah....I guess that is nature's way of balancing the universe. Some think she can do no wrong, while other's think everything she does is wrong and she is somehow Jedi Mind Tricking the other ladies into fighting with each other *Kanye Shrug*. 

I am still a NeNe fan, but I fall somewhere in between blaming her for everything that is wrong with RHoA and thinking that she can do no wrong. I am willing to call a spade a spade and NeNe is loud and wrong a lot of time (I believe I stated that in another post a while back). At the end of the day (I really hate this phrase but couldn't think of anything else), this is a reality show and NeNe is someone who I will probably never meet or become friendly with. I don't have to lay down next to her at night and she ain't paying none of my bills, so there's that. I like her as a character on a television show, no more, no less. 

I just enjoy snarking on the show with the rest you guys. It really isn't that serious for me, JMHO.

Anyway...,my thoughts on the rest of the show:

I actually enjoyed the ladies last night. It was a nice change of pace not to have to listen to a bunch of screeching harpies go at each other over petty bullshit.

If Porsha wants to call herself a THOT, who am I to judge. At least she knows who she is.

That was a very sweet gesture when Phaedra gave her guide that money. I am sure she was quite aware that having a spouse die is totally different than have one go to prison, but I think she was just connecting on the level of having lost someone that you love, no matter the reason.

I could see that NeNe was nervous about her Broadway debut, and I thought her tears were real and sympathized with her. Some may have thought the twerking and all that was "ghetto" or "tacky" or whatever, but I honestly didn't think much about it. It may be because I don't think NeNe can do any wrong....who knows! :-) I am glad NeNe did well in the play and appeared to get good reviews. She clearly put in the work necessary and made the role work for her. Who knew someone supposedly so lazy, so untalented and so lacking in humility could actually pull off their very first Broadway play and be successful at it!

Kenya was getting on my nerves trying to press Phaedra to apologize the way she wanted Phaedra to apologize. And for her to come out of her mouth and say she would never cut Phaedra down as a woman by calling her a "whore" when essentially that is exactly what she and her Team Petty girlfriend did with the Mr.Chocolate accusations.....girl bye with that bullshit. Talk about revisionist history...Kenya acts as though she has no culpability in this whole scenario, and not just Apollogate but with videogate as well. She thought she was going to put one over on Phaedra and Appollo with the Donkey Booty video and when they didn't fall for the okeydoke, she went on her smear campaign, fat shaming Phaedra all over Atlanta, threatening her at the reunion, etc. Kenya can miss me with the innocent victim act.

Claudia and Demetria...pretty much non-mother f_____ factors for me, not just in this episode but all season. Here's hoping they are one and done!

Edited by imaflintstone
  • Love 7
(edited)

Honestly, the other ladies couldn't even enjoy Manila without bringing NeNe up directly or indirectly throwing shade at her (Kandi) by constantly emphasizing "how great" the trip is and how much they are really "getting along" without a certain person around (RMFE).

Kandi is the one I would like to see leave.  She's such a Debbie downer all of the time saying if anyone apologizes and makes up with someone that they are being fake.  Whenever they are having fun, she's the one who always brings up some negative mess just to be a shit stirrer.  I've gotten so I can't stand the sound of her voice and when they show her chewing (which is most of the time) the word that comes to my mind is "Cow".  Ugh, can't stand her!

I shouldn't have been, but I was AMAZED when Greg kept talking about "baby got back" and pretending to slap NeNe's ass as she tweaked in that costume. They have no shame or class or anything. That was so fucked up and ghetto.

I just saw it as a long time married couple being playful with each other.  I don't see anything ghetto about that.

ETA - Neurochick, you beat me to it.  We both agree about Nene and Gregg.

I personally found it being disrespectful to the costume, to the award-winning designer who was standing there watching this... and he visibly seemed uncomfortable, bowing his head at one point. Just my personal opinion.

To me people are people and just because some guy won an award doesn't make him better than Nene or Gregg or anyone else and it doesn't mean he should get more respect than anybody else.  They didn't harm the costume and it didn't even look like Gregg was really touching it from what I saw.  If the costumer doesn't have a sense of humor, then shame on him. 

As for the statement that the women were having a good time because Nene wasn't there so she should leave the show (I think that's what Kandi was alluding to), I have a love/hate relationship with Nene.  She can be funny as hell, and she can be an annoying asshole at times, but I wouldn't want to see her leave the show any more than I would want to see Vicki Gunvalson leave RHOC or Ramona Singer leave RHNY.  On all of the franchises, I like the original casts the best.  I think Nene is just too much a part of why this show is interesting.  Her brashness doesn't bother me most of the time and I like the way she isn't afraid to put the other women in check when need be.  Yes, there are also times when I can't stand her, but I still don't want her to go.  I think the show would go way downhill without her.  That's just the way I feel about it.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm another one who used to enjoy Nene. Now, I fast forward through most of her solo scenes. I have zero interested in listening to her non-stop, eye-rollingly over-the-top, narcisssstic crap. She and her sycophantic husband make me hurl. I did enjoy this trip, it was a much needed breath of fresh air. It seemed like all the ladies finally relaxed and enjoyed eachother, for the first time in a long time.

Edited by kitten59
  • Love 2

The THOTland comment was annoying to me as well. Porsha is the youngest of the women in this group and she is dressing like her age group.  plus she loves her body and loves to show off her curves.  I don't see a problem with that.  Seen worse on other shows.  I believe most are jealous of Porsha's youth and looks.

Porsha is 32-33, I believe.  She is NOT dressing age appropriately; she's dressing like a 22 year old.  I keep forgetting that we are the same age because she does act like a 22 year old all the time.  Her body is awesome, but girl can show off her curves without exposing her pubic hair.

And I hate the the term THOT and hate even more that women are willingly calling themselves that. <le sigh>

I didn't actually need to see any of Nene's scenes in this episode.  She's trying way to hard to seem important.  And costume dude seemed very embarrassed with all the antics, but he was too classy to say anything about it.  

• Love 4

My second problem with the trip was all the mentions about how much fun they were having and how nice it was. If it were true they would not have to mention it as much as they did. I know when I'm having fun I don spend my time saying oh my gosh this is so much better because insert reason here. I might say it once maybe twice but then I would be to busy having the actual fun. NeNe was having fun every two words out of her mouth was not about the other women, in fact I don't think she talked about them at all. See the difference

• Love 1

I used to share your NeNe love.

I think what pushed my button to the cold setting was her behavior at the charity event Kenya held.

Yes, I realize it was sprung on her without her consent...but, in the end, it was for charity, and she could have handled it in a dignified manner publicly for those in attendance and out respect for the charity, and then verbally annihilated Kenya afterwards away from the attendees.

Exactly. It's always about her, first and last. She can never rise above - at least not while showing her ass in the climb. But, we'll always have "I walked right out, took my eyes out of head, put them in my purse & drove home blind." Sigh.

I liked Nene too and I absolutely respect her achievements.  She has maximized her opportunity with RHOA and I am the first one to give her a standing ovation for that achievement.  I lost love for her when she treated Kim so rudely and disrespectfully over Tardy for the Party.  She and I were done when she disrespected Kim after Kim arranged for all the ladies to stay at a home of one of Kim's friends.  Nene was a bullying bitch and there was no excuse for her behavior in another person's home.  Just thinking about it gets my blood up.  She was jealous of attention Kim was getting and she talked shit about Kandi.  When she wanted to be included, she wasn't woman enough to say so.  She picked the project apart then when it achieved some success, she decided to turn her anger on Kim full force.  And she has the gall to say that people don't support her accolades.....

Nene cannot make a grown person do anything, but she does influence the way other people act.  She chooses to be an instigator when she can choose to be a peacemaker.  She is the one that got on national TV and suggested that Cynthia be fired from the show.  I don't recall anyone else openly campaigning for someone to leave the show.  Whats it to her who is doing what on the show as long as she is getting hers?  RHOA is HER show and she expects all of the other women to fall in line.

That was really tacky. So was bringing Diana along uninvited.  And yet I remember still making excuses (to myself) for that behavior. It wasn't THAT bad. Come on, it's NENE. She's over the top, everyone knows how she is! And Kim used to co-sign that behavior, even encouraging it. So it's her own fault. Until I couldn't anymore, not for the sake of a few funny lines. The ugly behavior made the humor ugly too. Shame because it really ruined the show in a lot of ways. Can't even really blame Bravo, as they say money/fame only makes you more of who you already were.

For all the ladies who are taking their turn as pinata now because they've fallen out with Nene (from Nene and her fans alike), from the start only one person has fought with EVERYONE, and has been unable to maintain a single consistent relationship, not with her original friends Kim and Sheree, not with her (so-called) "lackey" Cynthia, not even with her own husband!  It may not be solely her fault, but when she manages to turn off/away every damned body like that, even those closest to her, by her own admission - you gotta stop blaming everyone else and look in the mirror.

It would have been amazing if she had sat through "cancelling" and gotten a teeny bit of insight. Huh, now I wonder if part of the set up was for that purpose ...? Anyway. Even if she had, too little, too late for me. I enjoyed the trip to the Philippines even more without that negative energy. Out of 96 hours of footage, 10 minutes of talking about what it would be like if she were there was nothing. Hardly "they can't stop talking about her." Anymore than that was true when Kim didn't go to Africa and they talked about what they thought she would think. It's what you do when people who are in your group aren't on a trip. I wish we had seen the trip to the club, and also the conversation between Claudia and Porsha making up and "planning" this trip. Whatever reasons the ladies had for maintaining their composure and dropping their grudges (even temporarily) it was refreshing and appreciated by this viewer. And no I don't think that would have been the case had Nene been there. She doesn't want them to get along, really. No matter what she says.

What kills me is Nene would probably be rude as hell to the people who sit up here defending her with their last breath too. Actually no, that kind of tickles me. :)

• Love 2

I wish we had seen the trip to the club,

I came back to the thread to add this.  I definitely wanted to seem them dranking and dancing the night away.  It looked like they were having a fricking ball!  Certainly more exciting than their "never have I ever game" that most of them didn't understand how to play.  Bravo's probably putting it in the clip show they normally do after the reunion.  

My second problem with the trip was all the mentions about how much fun they were having and how nice it was. If it were true they would not have to mention it as much as they did. I know when I'm having fun I don spend my time saying oh my gosh this is so much better because insert reason here. I might say it once maybe twice but then I would be to busy having the actual fun. NeNe was having fun every two words out of her mouth was not about the other women, in fact I don't think she talked about them at all. See the difference

I think they may have been in awe of the fact they were having fun together, since it so rarely happens.

NeNe did mention Kenya, without saying her name....referencing that the guy should never ask her to twirl.

This is what i was feeling also!  Porsha was actually having fun and didn't need to keep mentioning how much fun she was having.  Phaedra was cautiously having fun and only mentioned that she didn't want a confrontation because everything was so peaceful and that was it.

The Koven, however, had to mention it every time they got together and always had to give the absence of Nene as the reason they were having fun.  It was even like they were trying to convince Phaedra and Porsha to drink the Kenyaide as well

Meanwhile, back in NYC, Nene's only reference to the group is "Please don't tell me to "twirl" and she was having her own brand of fun. 

To me if you are having so much fun, you have no time to always acknowledge it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Porsha is 32-33, I believe.  She is NOT dressing age appropriately; she's dressing like a 22 year old.  I keep forgetting that we are the same age because she does act like a 22 year old all the time.  Her body is awesome, but girl can show off her curves without exposing her pubic hair.

Ya know ... when this is even part of the discussion ... yeah. I think it's time to re-evaluate your clothing choices.

There's really no telling who mentioned it, and who didn't. #editing #storyline  Either way, no big deal - I don't travel with or without Nene, and I love to put out what a good time I'm having in a situation. Positivity, pass it along. :)

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 7

I sort of wish Porsha still had someone with Kordell's taste to help her pick out her outfits. The guy may have been an ass, but he dressed her well. Some of the things she wore when she was married made me wish I had her shape. Not so much now. I remember her getting pissed when they split and he refused to buy her clothes or shoes anymore. So this is what we're left with?

Girl, you're 33 years old. I'm not saying wear camo like Kandi or balloon pants like Cynthia.... but dress like you used to!

• Love 6
(edited)
I think everyone gives Nene this enormous power she doesn't even want, let alone have. That by stating her opinion or reacting to others coming for her, she is a manipulative bully that scares the bejezzus out of the other cast mates.  No.  just, no.

I saw her back a grown man up against a wall while berating him.  I saw her back Kim (not exactly a shrinking violet) down onto the sofa in the RV while berating her.  And I saw her lay into Peter for what was pretty much the most likable moment he ever had on the show, when he commented on those bad manners in a way 99.9% of people would who witnessed such a thing.  Plus the gay slurs towards Brandon (not to mention gay people) that she's completely unapologetic for.  I would not want her mad at me, and once you have seen somebody behave that way, you're wise to never let your guard down around them, even if it's never been turned on you.  Because chances are it will be, sooner or later.  Ever have "that person" at the office, or within a social circle?  The vibe IS completely different without them around, even if they never messed with you.  Everybody else's behavior is changed by their absence.  

As for her knowing about the charity being a scam -- why show up at all, then?  It would have been the perfect out from Kenya's machinations, plus a way to call out fraudsters.  Win win.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 14

When Porsha, I think, was twerking in the street in Manilla, were these prostitutes or lady-men she was with? That scene was just... odd.

Once again, the locals play a naughty trick on the tourists by offering them some durian, Hee! 

• Love 4

I was waiting on the edge of my seat when they got the durian. Having seen it used on Chopped a few times, I knew how nasty it smelled. You've really got to work with it to get it tasting halfway decent to get you past the smell.

• Love 1

Those were definitely the infamous lady-boys. :)

I saw her back a grown man up against a wall while berating him.  I saw her back Kim (not exactly a shrinking violet) down onto the sofa in the RV while berating her.  And I saw her lay into Peter for what was pretty much the most likable moment he ever had on the show, when he commented on those bad manners in a way 99.9% of people would who wi

once you have seen somebody behave that way, you're wise to never let your guard down around them, even if it's never been turned on you.  Because chances are it will be, sooner or later.  Ever have "that person" at the office, or within a social circle?  The vibe IS completely different without them around, even if they never messed with you.  Everybody else's behavior is changed by their absence.  

Office, family, co-op board ... ahem, I digress. But yes. The vibe is always changed. Do I blame Nene for Phaedra backtracking on that apology with the quickness? No. I don't blame anyone else, you let people decide for you, that's your bad. But she definitely changes how those in her momentary circle deal with others, simply because you don't want her treating you like she treated Cynthia and Marlo when they dared to befriend Kenya after she was hired to kick things up after Nene's initial  "too good for this show" turn. Kandi is the only one who pays Nene no mind in how she treats everyone else. And she stays giving Nene fits because she can't lord her successes over her. Kandi made it clear she could "pay for every bitch in the room, if she wanted." Ha!

You do make a good point - none of those people were what you would consider weak or non-confrontational. Especially not Peter. So if she came at them like that, what chance does a Cynthia have?

• Love 3

Just read recap:

But First Lady Elect Chandra Canada is married to Apostle Thaddeus, who Phaedra wants to consult before her big talk with Kenya. "Apostle Thad" preaches peace and forgiveness, but maybe should have left out the part about "every tongue that rises up in judgement" being "condemned" lest Phaedra take it as a free pass to bring fire and brimstone down on Kenya.

Wait, hold up - the person Phaedra talked to before her conversation with Kenya was Apostle Thaddaeus? So he's not just someone who exorcises homes, but is also her trusted adviser??  This guy who's been arrested more than once for drugs? -->  http://straightfromthea.com/2015/03/12/mugshot-mania-phaedra-parks-exorcism-preacher-is-a-criminal/  Fix it, Jesus!

• Love 2