Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: She Drives Me Crazy / S01.E08: Mooovin' In

It cracked me up when Phil dropped Todd in the middle of the road, and was about to leave, but then kept going forward and backward and then screamed whenever he stopped the car! ROFL! My first thought, was that he was going to drive him somewhere to kill him.

Second episode, COW!!!!! :)  Now they can get milk! Oh no the cow hurt one of Phil's ball friends! ROFL! :(

• Love 1

I'm kind over Phil being so superficial. Yes, Melissa is very pretty. She clearly does not like him and his attraction/obsession with her seems to be only based on looks. That joke is tired already. At least the rest of the characters are enjoyable and easy to root for. 

I liked the second episode better than the first. Phil was still a jerk, but his reasons were slightly less irritating. I also liked the dairy jokes.

• Love 1

I really like this show.  I do find myself laughing.  For instance, I giggled at the continuity of Carol making her awful sex noises while eating ice cream.

As for Phil, I appreciate that they've made him unabashedly a jerk.  Just an awful human being that can't be explained away by being alone for two years.  But I'm glad that Melissa totally has his number and wants little to do with him.  And that Carol pulled a Phil, even though I don't know why she'd want to live with him.  '

At the same time, Todd's obliviousness is so endearing. 

• Love 4

I have liked Will Forte in other things, but I can't stand Phil anymore -- the petty jealousy over Melissa, the hate for Todd when Todd is just a basically nice guy, and his disdain for Carol.  It's got to the point where the three of them should just say fuck it and move to another part of town, or maybe even another town. Phil is just an asshole plain and simple, his act is wearing thin and this show is barely even smirk-worthy.  Gave it eight episodes and I think that's enough.  All I noticed in the preview at the end was thank goodness it's not on for two weeks -- maybe they'll put something good on in it's place.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 8
Phil is just an asshole plain and simple, his act is wearing thin and this show is barely even smirk-worthy.

I'm on the bus with you, Otto.  It's almost impressive how this show avoids being actually funny, given their talent and budget.  I've no problem with Phil being an unlikeable asshole but I'm perplexed why I'm supposed to find him an entertaining unlikeable asshole.  This doesn't seem to be getting any better, and for those reasons, I'm out. 

• Love 5

I don't think I'm obligated to find Phil entertaining.  I do find the show entertaining.

I'm kind over Phil being so superficial. Yes, Melissa is very pretty. She clearly does not like him and his attraction/obsession with her seems to be only based on looks. That joke is tired already.

...but that joke goes on around us every day.

• Love 5
I don't think I'm obligated to find Phil entertaining.  I do find the show entertaining.

I'da thought you'd be hard pressed to find Phil tiresome but not the show.  He's in pretty much every shot.

I'm kind over Phil being so superficial. Yes, Melissa is very pretty. She clearly does not like him and his attraction/obsession with her seems to be only based on looks. That joke is tired already.

...but that joke goes on around us every day.

Hence 'tired'.  

• Love 3

Phil isn't a jerk or an asshole or an awful human being, and he hasn't forgotten how to relate to other people. He's an average guy caught in an extremely frustrating situation who's starting to lose his mind. There are two women left on earth (so far) and because of dumb luck he can't have the one he wants and ends up stuck with the one he can't stand. What I find "tired" is not that he wants the normal pretty girl (duh), but that everyone is totally oblivious to that fact as if it were weird or unusual, and that the show is determined to make the pretty girl not want him. Looks are important to women too, and in real life, there's no way horny Melissa would want to have that kind of nonstop hot sex with Todd rather than Phil, no matter how nice Todd is and how "superficial" Phil is. But I get that this ridiculous situation is where the "comedy" comes from.

Looks are important to women too, and in real life, there's no way horny Melissa would want to have that kind of nonstop hot sex with Todd rather than Phil, no matter how nice Todd is and how "superficial" Phil is.

Phil isn't superficial, he's a shithead.

Shockingly enough, even horny women are capable of discerning a decent guy from an asshole, and even when there are only two choices, some women are going to go for the decent guy, rather than the jerk. Phil's the kind of guy who gets more hideous looking the longer you know him. Todd isn't. Besides, Todd can lose weight. Asshole is bone deep. I'm more surprised they haven't shown Carol driving Melissa out into the middle if nowhere so Carol can have Todd instead of being saddled with Phil.

Perhaps this show is a cautionary tale for shitheads in that when women tell that kind of guy, "I wouldn't have sex with you if you were the last man on earth," they mean it.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 14

We're probably just supposed to go with it, but I was distracted wondering why the cow was still lactating.

I call ignorance on myself! :) Why wouldn't the cow still be lactating?

Edited by sonyab
  • Love 1

I missed the most of the first episode, but mysterious lactation aside, enjoyed the second one immensely. I don't know, like I said before...deep it ain't, but I'm still finding it enjoyable. Sure, Will is a jerk, but I find it humorous how he is also his own worst enemy. Everything he's wanted and lost is greatly due to him being a big dumb ass--he's his own worst enemy. I would find it hilarious if everyone decided to pack up and leave Phil alone in Tucson again. 

I think the show is subverting typical TV sitcom stereo-types by flopping the genders. To me, it's not Phil who is stuck in a marriage with an insufferable woman, but Phil is the insufferable man Carol is stuck with. Melissa is the hot cool dude, who is smarter than he looks and everyone in the neighborhood likes. Todd is the awkward girl down the street nobody normally notices, but can do almost anything and is the most likeable. Phil's the annoying neighborhood crazy scheming woman everyone puts up with. In many ways, Phil is Lucy Ricardo scheming to be in the show. Granted Lucy would've never tried to sleep with Fred, but I think the analogy is still somewhat apt.

Anyway, now the fun part of picking apart how unrealistic this post-apocalyptic world is. I'm aware these details aren't the point, but that's some of the fun of the show for me.

• You guys have already brought up the lactating cow question, so I'll add:, they live in Tucson, what are they planning to feed that milk cow? I don't think scrub brush is gonna cut it. And I hope they realize someone's gonna need to muck out Carol's former upstairs, from time to time.
  • Did Phil set up his porta-potty in his house? I'm glad they made him clean up his poop pool, but I'm not sure that porta-potty is gonna smell any better. And where is the "stuff" going?
  • I'm still wondering how they're getting electricity to watch their DVRs and gas to drive their vehicles three hours into the desert.

I call ignorance on myself! :) Why wouldn't the cow still be lactating?

Cows lactate after giving birth, just like people. They will continue to lactate if they have a calf nursing or if milked--also like people--but eventually will dry up so they can get pregnant again and start the cycle over. So, it's been two years and if this is the only cow, it's highly unlikely it would still be lactating.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Sonyab, to answer your question about why the cow shouldn't be lactating - because presumably no one has been milking it for two years. If a woman stops breast feeding, she stops producing milk. This is true of all mammals. Because we use the milk from cows and goats, we keep milking them and they continue to lactate (to a point); eventually they have to produce a calf again.

And if that cow just suddenly stopped being milked because its farmer died, the udder would swell up painfully from the buildup. Again, just like humans. Women wean their babies gradually to avoid this.

I expect a lone chicken to show up and they decide to let the eggs hatch so they can have more chickens. Heh.

But unrealistic science aside, I do enjoy the show. Phil needs to stop being such an asshole, although I love the analogy above that the pretty girl is taking it literally that she wouldn't sleep with him if he was the last man on earth. I love how they've turned all the stereotypes upside down.

As for how it's unrealistic that Melissa would prefer Todd to Phil? You'd be surprised how ugly a good looking person can be if their personality is awful. And a plain person can be very attractive when they have a beautiful personality.

• Love 6

Cows lactate after giving birth, just like people. They will continue to lactate if they have a calf nursing or if milked--also like people--but eventually will dry up so they can get pregnant again and start the cycle over. So, it's been two years and if this is the only cow, it's highly unlikely it would still be lactating.

Oh thank you!!!! :) I was thinking that if a person doesn't milk the cow, then they wont lactate anymore. Hmmm well, maybe there are more cows out there, so that is why the cow is lactating. Hopefully!

I expect a lone chicken to show up and they decide to let the eggs hatch so they can have more chickens. Heh.

OMG, when Todd started milking the cow, at first I was prepared to laugh my head off that it'd be dry....but it wasn't. The first thing I thought of was, what's next a chicken who can raise chicks without a rooster? ;)

Still, the gag was funny to me. How much everyone wanted to have dairy again and how Phil screwed himself with being such a lying ass.

• Love 1

I liked the second episode better than the first. Phil was still a jerk, but his reasons were slightly less irritating. I also liked the dairy jokes.

Huh, it was the opposite for me.  I enjoyed the first one, but the cow episode was the first time in the whole series I found my mind wandering and getting restless.

Phil isn't a jerk or an asshole or an awful human being, and he hasn't forgotten how to relate to other people. He's an average guy caught in an extremely frustrating situation who's starting to lose his mind. There are two women left on earth (so far) and because of dumb luck he can't have the one he wants and ends up stuck with the one he can't stand. 

He got along with Carol just fine before Melissa showed up.  And he was acting more or less like a decent guy.  Once Melissa arrived, it all went to hell to extreme measures. 

Looks are important to women too, and in real life, there's no way horny Melissa would want to have that kind of nonstop hot sex with Todd rather than Phil, no matter how nice Todd is and how "superficial" Phil is.

From anecdotal experience, women are far more likely to be with someone considered less hot than them if that less attractive man offers them something special.  More superficial reasons include money and power.   More general reasons I've seen include that guy being genuinely nice, funny, great personality, stable...etc.  Even I thought Todd looked slimmer this week the more awesome he became. 

On the other hand, when someone is acting like a creeper, objectifying and disrespecting the other people alive, they begin to look as ugly as hell.  It is often said that successful sex for women engages their brains as well as their bodies.  Even if Melissa felt Phil was good looking (for the record, Will Forte can get it for this gal--Phil, not so much) her brain is turned off. 

• Love 6

It isn't that Phil is an ass that bothers me so much.  It's that I can't get past the idea that there are, as far as he knows, only 4 people left on earth and he is being an ass to half of them.  I would think he would be so thrilled for company that he would at least try to put his asshole tendencies aside for a while. Shouldn't he be happy there is another guy to hang out with?   I get  that his short-term interest is to sleep with Melissa -- but how exactly does he see this playing out in the long term? 

• Love 2
It isn't that Phil is an ass that bothers me so much.  It's that I can't get past the idea that there are, as far as he knows, only 4 people left on earth and he is being an ass to half of them.

That's the problem with asses.  An ass is an ass is an ass.  You can sent an ass to prison for his ass-ism.  He'll get beaten senseless because he's an ass.  He can't help it.  

Looks are important to women too, and in real life, there's no way horny Melissa would want to have that kind of nonstop hot sex with Todd rather than Phil, no matter how nice Todd is and how "superficial" Phil is

As another lady I will chime in to say: Given the "These are your only two choices" options of this show, Todd wins by a landslide. The actor playing him wins major points from me in making him seem like a really good option. 

Edited by Monty9
  • Love 4

I guess the only reason Phil is still staying is on the off chance that Melissa will change her mind and be with him?  It seems that he hates Carol and Todd...and I think even he is beginning to realize that Melissa can not stand him.  He seems very unhappy in this community.  I also do not understand why Carol is so insistent on being with him, when he obviously hates being with her.  Is she so set on breeding future generations that she is blind to how horribly Phil is behaving?

If Phis would just open his eyes...he would see he has a pretty great guy friend in Todd.  Phil is actually lucky that the second to last man on earth is a much nicer person then himself.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

I guess the only reason Phil is still staying is on the off chance that Melissa will change her mind and be with him?  It seems that he hates Carol and Todd...and I think even he is beginning to realize that Melissa can not stand him.  He seems very unhappy in this community.  I also do not understand why Carol is so insistent on being with him, when he obviously hates being with her.  Is she so set on breeding future generations that she is blind to how horribly Phil is behaving?

If Phis would just open his eyes...he would see he has a pretty great guy friend in Todd.  Phil is actually lucky that the second to last man on earth is a much nicer person then himself.

The impression I got from the pilot was that pre-disaster, Phil might have been in a pretty good space; he seemed to have had a family and a good bunch of friends  They're all gone now, or course.  Carol, OTOH, may have had friends but I have a feeling she had never married; that could be one explanation for her wanting the whole white dress shebang when she and Phil got "married", because she never got to have it in the old world.

I want to think that the cow actually producing milk implies it was being taken care of and consistently milked by someone else this whole time, someone not too far away. Maybe someone who was already in Tucson, and didn't go anywhere (not wanting to be exposed since they managed not to be) and thus ignored Phil's bullhorn and basically just stayed put and is still surviving this whole time. And maybe eventually this crew will accidentally find said person. I want to believe that's where this is going.

But since Todd, self-professed person-who-knows-about-cows-from-dairy-farmer-family expected it to give milk, and so did everybody else, and nobody for one second questioned whether that made any sense...I don't think that's where they're going. I think it's just a continuity error. Or a handwave. Or a mass delusion since this episode did seem to confirm all other animals were assumed dead.

It actually would've played better to me if the meat-vs-cheese scene were moreso Phil being all "why would it be lactating" than what played out, even if they happened to show him to be wrong (for magic reasons).

For half a second, when Phil was driving back and forth, I wondered if he might try to kill himself again. Since it's Forte's show I doubt he'd succeed, but there was this one moment where it went from making me think he was going to leave Todd, to he was going to run over Todd, to he was going to crash himself and leave Todd with the results. As in, Phil's different screaming bouts and small facial reactions after and as he kept driving back and forth, made me think he was cycling through those options in his head. Or, if they wanted to be really dark, Phil might've done it and we'd be back to accurate title with Todd. I didn't expect it, but for half a second they had me wonder.

I take it now the driving back and forth was supposed to be a sight gag, but nothing about the scene was funny to me. Compelling, yes, but not funny. I saw it as seriously dark stuff. I know it's a comedy and maybe I should've expected to take it more lightly? But it's not playing out like the show usually wants us to. Seems like there's dark stuff and we're meant to take it as dark, and other things are supposed to be funny.

Phil talking to the sports balls continues to be funny to me, despite my better efforts.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 3

It actually would've played better to me if the meat-vs-cheese scene were moreso Phil being all "why would it be lactating" than what played out, even if they happened to show him to be wrong (for magic reasons).

That's why I was prepared for the cow to be dry, so they could go back to whether they should eat the cow or keep it as a pet and be a drain on their current resources debate. I think that had some hilarious possibilities. But like I said, I enjoyed the silly gag as it was, too.

I want to think that the cow actually producing milk implies it was being taken care of and consistently milked by someone else this whole time, someone not too far away.

I just chalked it up to 'this week's piece of comedic gym equipment is a cow'.   It has to have value for there to be comedic hijinks when Phil is an asshole about it.  I mean first we got 'hot girl shows up - Phil wants to stick his dick in there and hilarity ensues!'.  Then 'fat guy shows up - Phil doesn't want him to stick his dick in the hot girl and hilarity ensues!'.  Now 'a cow shows up (possibly ultra-rare given how much ground these folks have covered without seeing one) - Phil wants to eat it and hilarity ensues!'.  One of these weeks they're gonna find out that a local church contains the actual Holy Grail - Phil wants to use it as a urinal and ...

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 2

Why do I keep watching this show? I'm at a loss...

You and me both.

The impression I got from the pilot was that pre-disaster, Phil might have been in a pretty good space

I got the opposite impression from the pilot.  He did have great family and friends but was an idiot.

I really need the preppers to show up.

• Love 1

Phil talking to the sports balls continues to be funny to me, despite my better efforts.

This is the part where I wished I had DVR-ed it and could FF. LOL

Todd = John Candy playing Del in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Even the way he was standing in the road with the riding-up pants. Which makes me say "Awwww."

Still love this quirky show. Loved the arrival of the cow. Everything about this show is absurd...like where did they get the ice to make the ice cream (I guess another generator thing) , why does the cow still look so healthy, etc, etc...I just roll my eyes and look past the rational. I love Carol's line delivery and facial expressions. (Like I've said, I'd never even heard of her before this.)

I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

ETA: Was the woman in Phil's flashback birthday party supposed to be his wife or his mother? Can't tell.

Edited by drafan

Shockingly enough, even horny women are capable of discerning a decent guy from an asshole, and even when there are only two choices, some women are going to go for the decent guy, rather than the jerk. . . . Perhaps this show is a cautionary tale for shitheads in that when women tell that kind of guy, "I wouldn't have sex with you if you were the last man on earth," they mean it.

But that's not at all what happened. Melissa was having fun hanging out with Phil at first, telling him that she was horny. The only reason she didn't pursue him was out of respect for Carol. But then she readily agreed to the deal where she would get to have sex with him too and seemed very into it for the couple of seconds they went at it before Todd showed up. That's because he's not really a jerk or a shithead or a creeper, but a decent guy who's incredibly and understandably frustrated by the circumstances. I think Melissa (finally) realized that when she went to apologize to him for all of her and Todd's PDA.

He got along with Carol just fine before Melissa showed up. And he was acting more or less like a decent guy. Once Melissa arrived, it all went to hell to extreme measures.

That's also not how things happened. He was annoyed by Carol from the very beginning and treated her poorly but each time eventually came around (the wedding, the tomatoes), which is still what his relationship is like with her now (cleaning the shit pool). He always acts like a decent guy sooner or later, even as his frustration grows to the point of almost breaking, with all the crying and screaming and contemplating murder.

Having a 6 Pack and a square jaw does NOT make you a dynamite in the sack. It's down to how generous the guy is in bed, not how the guy looks.

We don't know anything about either guy's skills in the sack, and neither did Melissa. I'm just talking about basic physical attraction, which women are not above being influenced by, especially very horny women.

What I found weird is that there isn't any evaporated milk cans in the whole world that should last some years, so the craving for milk was a bit odd. (not even mention the powdered milk out there)

Yum fresh milk beats other milks though.

He always acts like a decent guy sooner or later, even as his frustration grows to the point of almost breaking, with all the crying and screaming and contemplating murder.

True, but Todd acts like a decent guy all the time without all the crying, screaming or contemplating murder.  That makes him the superior option.

That's because he's not really a jerk or a shithead or a creeper, but a decent guy who's incredibly and understandably frustrated by the circumstances.

But Phil isn't just frustrated, he's suffering from a crippling sense of entitlement to Melissa.  Maybe she was going to have sex with him and was into it for "a few seconds."  But now she has an alternative that she prefers over Phil.  He can't accept it because he feels entitled to Melissa in spite of the fact that she continually rebuffs him and clearly has zero interest in him.  If he were a decent guy, he would accept her disinterest and stop trying to get in her pants.  It's fairly exhausting to have some asshole you do not want to date, have sex with, etc. keep coming at you.  And the more you do it, the less "decent" you are.  Even if you are one of the last men on Earth.

We don't know anything about either guy's skills in the sack, and neither did Melissa. I'm just talking about basic physical attraction, which women are not above being influenced by, especially very horny women.

There's "being influence by" and then there's your original point, which was, "there's no way horny Melissa would want to have that kind of nonstop hot sex with Todd rather than Phil, no matter how nice Todd is and how "superficial" Phil is."  And that's just not true.  There's, at my best guess, infinity reasons why Melissa would rather have sex with Todd instead of Phil.

• Love 8
But that's not at all what happened. Melissa was having fun hanging out with Phil at first, telling him that she was horny. The only reason she didn't pursue him was out of respect for Carol. But then she readily agreed to the deal where she would get to have sex with him too and seemed very into it for the couple of seconds they went at it before Todd showed up. That's because he's not really a jerk or a shithead or a creeper, but a decent guy who's incredibly and understandably frustrated by the circumstances. I think Melissa (finally) realized that when she went to apologize to him for all of her and Todd's PDA.

It's stunning how we can watch the same episode of a show and have the complete opposite interpretations of it.

- Phil can divorce Carol.  (Please remember that there are no lawyers, no 'laws' really, no prenups, no children, no courts, no money, blah blah blah blah.   The marriage is not even really 'real'.)

- Melissa is not even interested in Phil, she barely tolerates his presence.

- Phil cares not for a woman's personality; I get that Carol is annoying but no one and no thing is forcing him to be with her.  Nothing is particularly stunning about Melissa's personality.  He wants her for her looks.  He doesn't even care that she doesn't seem to be into him.

- Melissa did not need to apologize for anything, it's rather pathetic that she did.

That's also not how things happened. He was annoyed by Carol from the very beginning and treated her poorly but each time eventually came around (the wedding, the tomatoes), which is still what his relationship is like with her now (cleaning the shit pool). He always acts like a decent guy sooner or later, even as his frustration grows to the point of almost breaking, with all the crying and screaming and contemplating murder.

How is it decent to pretend to tolerate someone you hate?  If someone hated me, I'd far prefer that they make it clear and stay away.  I think it's indecent that someone should fake enjoying my presence.  Even worse, marry me or stay married to me.

Someone who contemplates murder is not decent to me.

I'm just talking about basic physical attraction, which women are not above being influenced by, especially very horny women.

I'll just say you have a lack of understanding of horny women.  

This show gives me a lot to think about and ponder on and I always want to see what's next.  I can't explain why.  I appreciate them showing the character of Phil because I think his asshole tendencies are realistic.  The self destructive tendencies and his frustration are also interesting.  Anyways, I'm enjoying myself.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

What I found weird is that there isn't any evaporated milk cans in the whole world that should last some years, so the craving for milk was a bit odd. (not even mention the powdered milk out there)

It's true. The cereal should have gone bad well before they ran out of milk options.

• Love 1

Todd is not P&R's Jerry, but I think he had/has a small role in Better Call Saul.

I know Mel Rodriguez (Todd) as Slippin' Jimmy's partner in crime on Better Call Saul (he sang "butt, butthole" to the riff from "Smoke on the Water") and Patsy de la Serda on the American version of Getting On. (According to IMDB, he was Sgt. Nunez on three episodes of Community, Don Dona on two episodes of Big Love, Officer Martinez in Little Miss Sunshine, and on an episode each of Andy Richter Controls the Universe and Gilmore Girls, but I don't remember any of those roles.)

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

But that's not at all what happened. Melissa was having fun hanging out with Phil at first, telling him that she was horny. The only reason she didn't pursue him was out of respect for Carol.

The only reason she was hanging out with him, in a friendly manner, is because she got convinced, thanks to Carol, that he wasn't a bad guy.  She was initially wary of him and how he treated Carol.

But then she readily agreed to the deal where she would get to have sex with him too and seemed very into it for the couple of seconds they went at it before Todd showed up.

She didn't readily agree to have sex with him.  She agreed to it because Carol supported the idea for repopulation purposes.  Phil kept trying to make it intimate and Melissa's whole demeanor was "let's get this shit over with."

He was annoyed by Carol from the very beginning and treated her poorly but each time eventually came around (the wedding, the tomatoes), which is still what his relationship is like with her now (cleaning the shit pool). He always acts like a decent guy sooner or later, even as his frustration grows to the point of almost breaking, with all the crying and screaming and contemplating murder.

Todd is decent.  Phil tends to do the bare minimum. 

• Love 1

I think Melissa had some mild attraction to Phil at one point...  otherwise, I doubt she tells this odd, stalkerish man how horny she was if she never wanted anything to do with him in the first place.  However, now that she genuinely likes Todd and Carol, I don't think she'd say anything remotely sexual to Phil again out of respect to those two.

I don't think Melissa will ever end up with Phil unless this show somehow lasted for five or six years and the writers started shuffling the characters like old sitcoms do out of boredom.  Yet, I don't see him together with Carol long term either.  Maybe he gets a compromise relationship with a woman somewhere between Carol and Melissa  after he spends more time with these people and becomes a decent human first.

The show has a  really interesting premise but Phil might be the most repulsive protagonist in sitcom history.  Usually this type of character has more of a supporting role like the examples mentioned above of Louie and Newman.

• Love 1

I'm trying to like this show. I really am. It's like Gilligan's Island for the new century. The magically-lactating cow washed up in the lagoon this week.  Gilligan is mad because Ginger is sleeping with Skipper instead of him.These things happen. I'm waiting for the Harlem Globetrotters to show up.

• Love 9

It's stunning how we can watch the same episode of a show and have the complete opposite interpretations of it.

Yeah, it is interesting to read.  FWIW, I think you are both wrong.  From where I'm sitting, the truth lies at an impressively precise midpoint between your perspectives.  Calling Phil "a decent guy who's incredibly and understandably frustrated by the circumstances" lets him off way too easy.  But neither is he the unredeemably despicable asshole that others are accusing him of being.

Phil contains multitudes.

• Love 2
(edited)

I never found Newman to be hateful or repulsive.  I find him more likeable than say, George.  I just saw Newman as the antagonist of Jerry, but I don't think there's anything horrible about him.  He's a bit petty and jealous of Jerry but he doesn't try to like, take him out to a desert and leave him starving or anything.  His worst offences include telling Jerry's parents he was making out during Schindler's List, and spying on him for a barber.  He's actually good friends with Kramer, too.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I'm trying to like this show. I really am. It's like Gilligan's Island for the new century. The magically-lactating cow washed up in the lagoon this week.  Gilligan is mad because Ginger is sleeping with Skipper instead of him.These things happen. I'm waiting for the Harlem Globetrotters to show up.

Interestingly enough, one of the reasons I signed on as the mod of this forum (and in case anyone was wondering who the mod here is, it's me) was that I am a veteran viewer of Fox's last attempt at a post-apocalyptic comedy, Woops!, and that one really was "Gilligan's Island after a nuclear holocaust."

• Love 2
(edited)

Phil is such a freaking toddler and it's wearing thin. Glad Carol gave him a taste of his own medicine. Melissa was spot on when she confronted him. "Drop the act, be a real person!"

Yeah I dunno how much longer I can take this show.

Edited by Yeldarbe