Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Welcome To The Dollhouse

"A" has always had fun playing with Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer, but now "they" have the biggest game to date in store for the girls. As shocking secrets come to light and the biggest clue to the "A" mystery is revealed, is this one plAydate the Liars can survive? With shocking twists and turns, will the girls finally find out who A is?

Wait, the show is trying to tell me that A has only texted the girls 123 times in five seasons?

I'm guessing that doesn't include all the handwritten notes, messages written on mirrors, in lipstick, in blood, little notes found in their teeth, or on the inside of their sunglasses, or with finger bones, on electronic signs, christmas lights, fireworks, actual fire, or any of the other wacky shit they've done on this show. So 123 texts could be right but there's definitely been a lot more messages from A. 

• Love 8

Would they have counted the teeth individually? XD

Is Ali saying "It's A" to her father? That line sounds like she is saying something with it, i.e. like the other person would understand from just that (or it's the promo monkeys and/or lame writing). Ali's father could know about A, the first A stalking Ali years ago.

Am I the only one who thinks this promo is the crappiest ever? What a disappointing trailer for the finale! It doesn't give away ANYTHING, it doesn't even get the viewers excited about seing the last episode! Seriously, it's just a bunch of girls in an orange suit going "Ooooooh"... it's like Marlene is not even trying!!! -.-

Also Ali's line is soooo lame: "I know who took them... *drum roll*... it's A!!!". You don't say??!! 

Edited by GiulianoLanzilli

GiulianoLanzilli, I agree the promo is lame, but MK is not actually responsible for the lame adds ABC puts out. The Canadian Promos are always better. I wonder why we haven't got those.

So... the reddit spoilers are all true, and those didn't include the A reveal. I'm just sayin' this so that we don't get our hopes up too much. :D

MK herself has said on twitter there won't be either. The promo fairies seriously screwed up.

• Love 2

Its kinda cool seeing them in less hair/makeup... they look a lot more 17 years old haha. 

and REALLY? you guys dont think its a good promo?? It FREAKED me out! Seeing them separated into replicas of their own rooms made by A. Thats fricken creepy. 

ETA: Also just saying make sure we dont put spoilers on here bc not everyone wants to know about that reddit junk :).

Edited by hqtextbook
  • Love 1

I think the promo is good, one of the better ones I've seen at least. They probably don't really need to bother with good promos, since no one who watches the show is going to miss it anyway.

OMG! The Canadian promo is no better than the US one! It seems like they're hell-bent on making a clip show using footage from previous episodes instead of showing scenes from the upcoming one. I wonder why that is, anyway it's super-disappointing!!! Could it be they've given up themselves on trying to convey any sense of suspence because they acknowledge their constant red herrings and fake-outs???

• Love 1

OMG! The Canadian promo is no better than the US one! It seems like they're hell-bent on making a clip show using footage from previous episodes instead of showing scenes from the upcoming one. I wonder why that is, anyway it's super-disappointing!!! Could it be they've given up themselves on trying to convey any sense of suspence because they acknowledge their constant red herrings and fake-outs???

I actually prefer this route for episodes supposedly as important as this one.  Oftentimes, promos give away too much of the episode - you only have so much footage from a single episode to really work with to serve as a tease and yet not be too spoilery.  Movie trailers often tend to be pretty bad because they give away so much of the film that there's little reason left to see it.  Some people love spoilers, other people hate them and want to avoid them at all cpsts which makes television show promos a tricky beast because they more often than not air during the episode proceeding it so they're unavoidable for a viewer of the show not to see.  Especially in this day and age where not only do people have dvrs but you can also see stuff online and it's very easy to study every frame trying to break things down.

I'm guessing that this episode gets right down to business early on and that the bulk of the episode involves

the liars in the dollhouse

so i can easily see the respective networks wanting to not give too much of that away beforehand.

I actually like that the promo has a bunch of old clips in it. It gives me hope that they'll actually answer some questions or tie things together a little bit (although I won't hold my breath) if real clips are too spoiler-y. Maybe there will be more action and less filler?

I am super excited, but I wont believe we have met the real A until we have actually seen a laminated birth certificate or something. We have been promised A`s identity too many times, I am lowering my expectations.  

I agree. After EzrA and TobAy, I just don't believe Marlene & co anymore about A being revealed. At this point I expect that in the last minute of the series finale, A will be revealed to be Old Man Jenkins from Scooby Doo who will then tell the PLLs, "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for your rotten kids!" and then fade to black without any explanation as to why in the hell this person spent 5 years torturing these teenagers.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

So the reveal was disappointing - as expected. But it was nice to get some of A/Charles' background. At least it was something... i do feel like: stop pushing the idea of twins on us. I'm going to have to let the episode sink in for a bit...

• Love 1

So is Andrew Charles, and also Jason's twin? Is that what we were supposed to get from this?

I actually enjoyed that a lot, though. The dollhouse was suitably creepy, and I really like that Spencer's parents, Toby, Ezra, Caleb, and Tanner all know about A and the kidnapping and are working together to find the girls... even though it's incredibly stupid and unbelievable that they wouldn't notify the other girls' parents. Not only would the police obviously want to question everyone in these girls' lives to see if they were in on the (assumed) plot to free them, but they would get in the deepest shit imaginable if something really bad happened to the girls and the parents had no clue they were even missing.

• Love 3

OK, so why were the girls being transported to the penitentiary and not Alison? Alison was the one convicted, the girls were only arrested and haven't even been on trial yet. That made absolutely no sense.

And I just can't buy Toby as a cop, I just can't. I  bet if you looked at his badge it was say Dodge City.

• Love 4

So is Andrew Charles, and also Jason's twin? Is that what we were supposed to get from this?

I actually enjoyed that a lot, though. The dollhouse was suitably creepy, and I really like that Spencer's parents, Toby, Ezra, Caleb, and Tanner all know about A and the kidnapping and are working together to find the girls... even though it's incredibly stupid and unbelievable that they wouldn't notify the other girls' parents. Not only would the police obviously want to question everyone in these girls' lives to see if they were in on the (assumed) plot to free them, but they would get in the deepest shit imaginable if something really bad happened to the girls and the parents had no clue they were even missing.

I think it's Charles Andrew DiLaurentis. The question is why did Charles get separated from Allison and Jason and why does he hate the girls so much.

• Love 2

Hey, I'm not questioning a life-size dollhouse in the middle of nowhere, but I want at least the tiniest bit of logic when it comes to notifying the families of four kidnapped (or fugitive!) women. ;)

• Love 3

If Charles is A; who the Hell is Charles?

Other then that I kind of liked this episode.  Look I don't ask for much from this show.  I gave up on the show making sense a long time ago so I can just enjoy the ride and I kinda did.  I liked the A's dollhouse.  I liked that Tanner is finally starting to listen and put the pieces together.   I liked the scenes with The Hasting Parents  "No more secret."  "We know about A".  

I like this show it is popcorn filler my god look at the mannequins dressed up on a dance floor in the middle of a dark basement for the worlds worse prom.  My God that was fun.

Who the hell is Charles?  

• Love 6

This episode makes me want to go back and watch the pilot to see if any of this makes sense. I still want a scene with all the parents (sans Hanna's dad of course because of all the parents he is the worst) and tonight would've been the perfect opportunity for that to happen.

• Love 1

That scene with Andrew intercepting the phone call to Melissa confused me. That's the only reason I'm assuming Andrew = Charles (DiLaurentis because of the anagrams in episode 23), but I suppose his monitoring could be unrelated to A/the dollhouse. Who knows. I'm sure the many interviews with the producers that will pop up tonight will answer all of our questions (she said, sarcastically).

• Love 2

Seriously, I thought I was missing something.  Is the name supposed to mean something?

I said upthread that I think Charles is Jason's twin and Charles and Andrew are one in the same. Think about it. Where the hell did Andrew come from? He wasn't around when Mrs. DiLaurentis was still alive and we only saw his face after Allison was sent to jail.

The questions are why did the DiLaurentis parent's separate Charles and Jason? Where the hell was Charles all this time? Why does he have it in for the girls?

I'm gonna put this here instead of in media because it's the finale post-mortem:

'Pretty Little Liars' Postmortem: Marlene King Talks 'A's Shocking Secret and SPOILER's Return!

From a behind-the-scenes standpoint, how long have you in the writers' room know that "Charles" would be 'A'?

MK: We started when we knew that we were going to give the fans the identity of Original A, which [is what] I call Mona, "Original A." It was before we started writing the scripts for that. We had three or four ideas of who we thought would be a great candidate to steal the game as 'A' from Mona, and then vey early on in season three we decided who that character is.

We had all different types of mysterious characters in rosewood: Red Coat, Black Widow, etc. Are we going to be getting answers soon as to who was hiding in each of these disguises?

MK: Yes, absolutely, Yes. The finale and the next 10 episodes answer every single one of those questions.

You always told us that you love the why behind 'A' so much more than the who -- when can fans look forward to getting the answers why?
MK:
All throughout season six, every episode of season six shores up what we learn about in this finale.

Could fans go back and see that you have been dropping clues about 'A's identity since the beginning?

MK: Yeah I think when fans go back after they know the identity and the story, I think they'll see a lot that they didn’t see before they understood the who and the why of it all.

What if:

Charles is Charles Andrew DiLaurentis, a twin of Jason? He is the one who broke Ali's arm when she was two and a half, and his parents, feeling him a threat to Ali, locked him away in Radley and just left him there. He is angry, and vengeful...who wouldn't be?!...and this is his reason for everything. Jason was a stoner because deep down, he remembers a brother who disappeared. Mrs. D. was protecting someone...maybe it was her other son. Ali was too young to recall another brother, but Charles/Andrew remembers her and blames her for everything.

• Love 10
We had all different types of mysterious characters in rosewood: Red Coat, Black Widow, etc. Are we going to be getting answers soon as to who was hiding in each of these disguises?

MK: Yes, absolutely, Yes. The finale and the next 10 episodes answer every single one of those questions.

Yeah, like I believe that.

• Love 6

The tease of the Big A reveal was such a letdown.

All we got was some random name and an unexplained home movie. I mean it's season 5, at least give us something we can chew on instead of another piece of a puzzle that we have no idea on.

Andrew being Charles makes sense but they need to go in depth as to how it connects to everything.

I am happy Mona is alive. Janel Parrish does great in this role and it's a great character.

• Love 3

I am happy Mona is alive. Janel Parrish does great in this role and it's a great character.

She really does!! Mona being alive is the best part for me, but I did overall think it was a great finale. Creepy, dark, twisted, and a lot of fun. Did we get a lot of answers? Ha! Hardly any! But I do think we got things to think about.

• Love 7

I think the producers expected us all to be excited that they told us A is "Charles DiLaurentis," but they've pulled the rug out from under us so many times now that we just can't get excited about reveals anymore. They could probably flat-out tell us every detail about "Big A" at this point and we'd be like, "Yeeeah, right. Who's really Big A?"

• Love 12

LOL. This show, while it is so so pretty, is just trolling all of us at this point. I'm sure someone will do a much better job at pointing out the inconsistencies in this Charles reveal but I would still really love to know:

What did these girls do to him that warrented this elaborate scheme?

Where is this money coming from?

Why kill all these other people?

What was the point of having Alison come back from the dead?

I knew this would be just as bad as the Dan as Gossip Girl reveal only I can't tell which is worse. Is it this show because now the writers have two more seasons make sense of this or Gossip Girl was the writers were just: Dan is Gossip Girl, DEAL WITH IT. THE END.

Alas, I'll be back in the summer. Why can't I quit you show?

• Love 5

It does make sense that he'd recreate a prom from several years back, likely Jason's prom... if he is Jason's twin and he didn't get to go, he could be angry about that and want a second chance at it. If he is a DiLaurentis, though, it's incredibly creepy that he's so obsessed with his sister and wants to be the prom king to her queen.

• Love 7