Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks for this episode!

No, it airs on the 24th. The Jamie and Doug wedding special will be afterwards on the same night. I just verified that on the FYI website.

For goodness sake... are we gonna have the whole suspenseful wait before they all say "I do?" We KNOW that they are all going to get married so why this bullshit. The fake suspense is so ridiculous. I am trying to hold on but it is getting to be too much. Wish they would move it along already.

• Love 1

OK, so we're all underwhelmed? From reading the other threads, I just don't know what's real and what's fake.

It seems Jaclyn should have said, "no thanks, I'm changing my mind" and bolted. She seems sooo disgusted by Ryan. She keeps saying she wants "The Notebook." Girl, it's a movie! Not real at all!

• Love 3

I hope that now that the "I Do's" are over they stop repeating clips and faux!suspense. Also, Ryan D. would barely look at Jessica during the wedding ceremony. Compared to Ryan R. and Sean, I think he was disappointed. I don't like him and I don't care for that couple at all.

Ryan R. and Jaclyn could be great if she would get over herself.

Sean and Davina were fine but her comment about seeing herself as white concerns me. She lacks self-awareness.

• Love 2

I actually got chills watching Sean & Davina. You could almost see them falling in love at first sight.

The other two I could care less abt. Though i found it interesting that Jaclyn's sister told her she needed to get over the fairytale. Her sister is gorgeous. Too bad Ryan R couldn't have married her. Jaclyn looks like her mother - in fact Jaclyn's mother looks younger & prettier.

• Love 3

I like Sean and Davina.  I don't think she lacks self awareness at all.  I don't think Davina thinks she's a white woman. Maybe she likes things in life that, in her opinion, Indian women aren't interested in.  So maybe she sees her interests as being "white."  If that makes any sense.

• Love 4

Ryan D. didn't seem overwhelmed by Jessica when he first saw her, which worried me. She's gorgeous, no doubt about that, but she has more of a natural, sweet, kind beauty as opposed to being some glammed-up Barbie doll. I wasn't surprised that his mother seemed so taken with her. She seems to be the kind of daughter-in-law a lot of mothers would envision for their sons, not an overt sex kitten, but someone who had more of a nurturing, loving aura about her.

I really hope that whatever fireworks were happening between Sean and Davina turn out to be true love at first sight. When they were having their first dance, I was afraid he was going to just go right ahead and bed her down then and there. I vote them Most Likely to Be the First to Seal the Deal.

I was glad that Jaclyn found it in her heart to at least try to put up a good front. And she was sweet to the niece (but then again, who wouldn't be after learning the girl's back story?). But honestly, nothing against Jaclyn, but she's the kind of woman I would find it hard to be around for any length of time (kind of an assertive ball-buster), but I know that a lot of men gravitate toward women with really strong personalities like that. 

• Love 2

I watched the 60 minute version on A&E which moved at something greater than a snail's pace.

Does this show re-air on A&E?  Comcast doesn't seem to have the FYI channel in HD and it drives me crazy.

I like Sean and Davina the most, much like everyone else. Physically, he's the perfect man for me. I love salt & pepper hair, especially on men early (30's & early 40's). Buuuuuut, I'm not Davina, so I do enjoy watching them. I loved how you can just see them almost falling in love.

Did you know Jacquelyn saw The Notebook? I think I heard something briefly like that. Woman, that's not real life and if you were expecting it to be like that, you need to check yourself.  Ryan seems like a nice enough guy. If you don't like the accent, maybe you should have told the "experts" that kind of accent bugs since they were picking out gents from NJ/NY.

Jessica and the other Ryan. Don't care for either. Don't like her mom cheering because he was hot. I'm sure he meant well announcing how beautiful she was, but the whole "get up" to show everyone she was beautiful was icky. It made me a little nervous he rarely looked at her the whole ceremony. I don't like her much since hearing she wanted to be famous and has done modeling. Way to go experts on weeding out the ones who want to do it for the fame.

I'm also a little tired of hearing these young'uns say they've been single for sooooo long and it's been like... a year.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 2

Ryan D. didn't seem overwhelmed by Jessica when he first saw her, which worried me. She's gorgeous, no doubt about that, but she has more of a natural, sweet, kind beauty as opposed to being some glammed-up Barbie doll. I wasn't surprised that his mother seemed so taken with her. She seems to be the kind of daughter-in-law a lot of mothers would envision for their sons, not an overt sex kitten, but someone who had more of a nurturing, loving aura about her.

It's funny because Jessica seemed pretty likable and down to earth when you see her in this series.  However, if you look at her modeling pictures...glammed up Barbie doll sex kitten is exactly the look that she is sporting.  In fact, when I first saw her pictures, I could not even recognize that it was her. 

Just like the first season I am actually rooting for the couples, though I think it is highly unlikely that all three will make it.

I thought the wedding between Sean and Davina was so romantic! She kissed him and broke that rule she had made for herself, and he thought she was beautiful, and they kept holding hands. I told my husband that meeting a man as a bride definitely makes a woman her most attractive! Now I know this is all story book stuff and we will see how they get along, and the previews don't look promising!

I thought it was funny how Jacquelyn got right down to business when she met Ryan R, and laid down her ground rules. He was funny and sweet, and she did recognize that about him. They might make a good couple!

I remember less about Ryan D and Jessica. I think their backgrounds are just as different as Sean and Davina, in fact I think they are very different, and I think that might be an issue. Her mother was so pleased just by Ryan's appearance, and that said to me such a lack of values, Sean's mother is more appropriate given the circumstances!

Sean needs to stop mounting his new bride in public. Didn't he listen to his friends who told him not to invade her space? The way he devoured her face tells me his story of how he got handsome and became a player is an exaggeration. A guy who had experience with women would not shove his tongue down her throat like that.

• Love 1

I really liked last night's show.  Of the 3 women, I like Jessica the best, and really liked the chemistry going on between her and Ryan D.  Anyway, when they were up at the altar, RD seemed to be looking everywhere but at her, which gave me an 'uh-oh' moment, but his voiceover said she was really cute and had a great smile.  She seemed more serious and subdued and not the crybaby she's been, and I liked how they were asking each other questions about themselves right after the ceremony.  I've got a good feeling about JesRy.  JacRy, on the other hand, are headed for problems.  I think he is way too easy-going and quiet for her. She'll run right over him.  I've seen that kind of thing work in real life where one is the life of the party while the other hides in the corner all night, but I don't think this is the case.  I hope I'm wrong.  I do like her...she is brash and fun, and it was really cute how she got right in to it with his niece and said they needed a special handshake.  She really pulled it together when she got a dose of reality from her sisters about putting too much emphasis on instant chemistry.  But something telling came up in the highlights for the coming episodes....RR said he didn't want to get stuck in the 'friend-zone' with her.  I'm guessing she will have a hard time (a la Jaime/Doug) finding him attractive.  Sean and Davina are still a questionmark for me.  Sean matches her in intelligence, looks, and career.  But she seems like a woman who is way too used to getting everything her own way, and when she doesn't, stay the hell away from her.  But unlike my opinion of RR, Sean does not look like a pushover.  I thought it was so cute how girly and giggly Davina became once she met Sean.  Oh how a good looking guy can make even an ice princess weak at the knees. 

About Doug & Jaime's re-wedding, it was sad to see the hurt/anger/betrayal that Jaime still carries towards her mother.  On one hand she wants her there, and then when she comes Jaime can't do anything but spew venom at her.  The look on Jaime's face when the two moms seemed to be having a nice chat was so telling.  If you have been abused/mistreated/ignored by your parent(s) growing up, those little kid feelings don't go away.  Kudos to Doug for always being there for her and being patient and understanding.  Most men (or women for that matter) would not have been able to deal with it.  Despite the many complaints from people on this site that they felt all along Jaime was fake and only doing the show for tv exposure, I hope those misgivings have been laid to rest after last night's show.  She truly loves him, and he's crazy about her. 

I LOVE Sean And Davina.  You could just tell they were Smitten when they met. I really am pulling for them.  My initial impression of Jacklyn was that she really needed to get over herself, and I thought she would be like Jamie.  I was happy to see that she remains open to the possibility with Ryan R.  I don't know about Jessica and Ryan D.  He SEEMS like he could have a really bad temper, she cries ALL The time, and then there is the whole they both want to be center of attention thing.  It wasn't until yesterday I realized HOW short Ryan D. must actually be.  I think that Sean and Davina have the highest probability of making it because they both seem to be the most mature and grounded in reality.  

Does this show re-air on A&E?  Comcast doesn't seem to have the FYI channel in HD and it drives me crazy.

To quote myself:

A&E Networks owns FYI and will show a version of this show on A&E in order to both increase viewership and encourage more viewers to watch FYI. And why would they go to FYI to watch? Because the version on FYI is going to be 15 minutes longer each week.

I haven't gotten around to watching the show yet, but you are all making it sound like Sean and Davina are the best match at first sight.

Their chemistry is UNDENIABLE.  When they see each other, they are both just smitten.  They seem very comfortable together too.  Of all the matches thus far on two seasons, their match had the most initial fire works.  Both seemed very calm during the wedding too.

Ha ha Jacklyn is too much! She first says I can't leave New Jersey, what did they set me up with this guy, all the way out on Long Island/ ha ha ha lol. I would love to see her face watching the other 2 weddings when those other brides were attracted to their men. I could see her fuming "why did I get the ugly one?". What an aggresive bitch! She dumped out his vodka when he said he likes Stolis? 

I am so so happy that Jessica left her mole at home. 

• Love 2

OMG I'm dying!!!! I"m so glad she left her mole at home! Yes, Jacklyn is a BIT over the top.  My husband can't figure out why she has such an inflated sense of beauty.  He thinks looks wise they are an even match.  I'd happen to agree.

• Love 1

Ryan's veneers are a bit unfortunate, but I think he's cute. He seems like a very nice, low key guy. Jacklyn seems like the kind of girl who goes for big palookas who spend their lives at the gym, use lots of hair gel, and live for air guitar. I like Jessica quite a bit, she seems sweet; and Davina will be the most interesting of the three. She's trying very hard to be cool and in control, but I'm betting she is more vulnerable and less tough than she lets on. Ryan D. is a hard read for me--sometimes he has an awkwardness/shyness that I find very appealing, but sometimes he comes across cocky and really BRO, you know? Sean I like too. He has a nice calm energy that I like. Will he be able to steady the moody Davina? They interest me.

I nominate Sean's mother's bitchface for best supporting character. She was so not happy with the whole thing. I loved how Ryan and Jessica's mothers became besties in minutes, it was really cute. Just what I would do, too, if my son did a crazy thing like this!

• Love 3

This show has me hooked so it's nice to find a forum like this!  I think the couples who have the best chance have a specific dynamic.  Usually the guy immediately thinks the girl is great physically and is even a little better than he is so he is challenged to "win" her over.  The girl, in turn, might not be attracted to him but really wants something that he has to offer and is determined to get it so is willing to give him a try.  This was the case with Jamie and Doug.  When physical intimacy happens right away that also can also cause problems because the real relationship is clouded by physical attraction. In Season 2 to me Ryan D doesn't think that Jessica is his equal physically even though he made her stand up for a compliment at the reception.  I don't sense he is all that challenged or motivated to "win" her over so I don't know how well that relationship will stand. Sean and Davina seem like a great match but the physical spark could overshadow them really getting to know each other.  Learning that Sean has a DUI arrest from 2013 makes me question just how much of a "stand up" guy he is. Ryan R and Jaclyn seem the least likely to last.  His wimpy/boring demeanor doesn't seem like enough to overcome Jaclyn's extreme lack of attraction for him (unlike Doug's great sense of humor with Jamie). But the producers do know how to do great editing to keep us guessing. This will be a fun season to watch!

Edited by Bella
removed mass bolding
  • Love 1

Learning that Sean has a DUI arrest from 2013 makes me question just how much of a "stand up" guy he is. 

Where did we learn this? I missed it. Interesting...

I'm not buying Sean and Davina. I think what we saw was mostly relief that they weren't matched with a total troll, and the excitement of meeting someone else who's just as into the idea of getting married. I don't think their initial infatuation will last.

Ryan and Jessica just made me sad. She seems so sweet, and there's a coldness to him that occasionally comes through that worries me a bit. She also seemed unexpectedly goofy/playful at the wedding - that was surprising! 

Ryan and Jaclyn...well. Put down that Notebook, girl!

• Love 2

OK, so we're all underwhelmed? From reading the other threads, I just don't know what's real and what's fake.

It seems Jaclyn should have said, "no thanks, I'm changing my mind" and bolted. She seems sooo disgusted by Ryan. She keeps saying she wants "The Notebook." Girl, it's a movie! Not real at all!

Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams couldn't stand each other in real life, Jaclyn. The movie is just that, a figment of Nicholas Sparks imagination. Get over yourself.

• Love 6

I really dislike Jackie (I will call her this because I am sure it would piss her off).  I have brothers and male friends and I polled them on her hotness.  Sorry Jackie but the southern men I asked really didn't like you either.  They said you think you are much hotter than you are and your resting bitchface is a real turnoff.  While these men enjoy an intelligent woman that would challenge them, they said they would not even approach you.  And??  They HATE your accent.  Yeah.  Put that in your jug and swig it.

• Love 1

People can get DUIs and still be good people.  Everyone makes mistakes

You are absolutely right, I guess that tidbit (which can be found when you search his name, mugshot and all) just made me think there could be more reasons why he never found "the one" on his own. People who are willing to marry a stranger have to have some complicated reason for doing so.

Yeah, Jackie (lol) thinks she's so hot and way too good for Ryan.  Unless she opens her mind to the possibility that Ryan could be for her it'll never work.

• Love 2

They really need to pull their participants from another part of the country next season.  All of their accents are driving me crazy, with the possible exception of Davina. 

And why did they experts think that two people, who live in different areas, neither of whom want to move, would make a good match?  I smell a rat with the pairing of Jacklyn and Ryan.  I think they were paired up purely to add drama. 

• Love 2

Ryan and Jessica just made me sad. She seems so sweet, and there's a coldness to him that occasionally comes through that worries me a bit. She also seemed unexpectedly goofy/playful at the wedding - that was surprising! 

Yes, he does come off very cold.  I also get the sense that he has a hair trigger temper. Which is a horrible idea for a woman that is super emotional

I have rarely experienced the level of second hand awkwardness and embarrassment that I did watching this show. I found it almost unbearable. Almost. ;) Davila and Sean making out on the dance floor almost put me over the edge.

• Love 3

JACLYN has an aggressive personality, which would drive most men out the door  Her look is hardened & mean.  I feel for that little girl/Ryan's niece having to live with this woman's grating, rude & VERY disrespectful personality.  An example of this is her pouring out Ryan's drink...on the floor...at their wedding...during their lst conversation...need I go on?!   Oh, then she slapped him on the face just to show him who will be the boss in their relationship.  She also informed him of her unwillingness to relocate. 

Something about her eyes suggests she is possibly a heavy drinker.  The rough, hardened, glassy look...

• Love 4

She does look rough, doesn't she? I just thought it was the harsh eyeliner. I know it's not a feminist thing to say, but most men don't like that kind of harshness of personality. Guys sometimes really do want a sweet girl to marry, and if they put up with a woman treating them like dirt, it's not for long.

When Jaclyn finds out that Ryan lives in an apartment attached to his mother's house, she's going to blow a gasket.  Something tells me that her "closeness" to her family means an occasional meet for a meal, and phone calls.  No way she's going to want to be actively involved in raising that little girl. Who lives in his mother's house.  That his apartment is attached to! 

• Love 1

Ryan and Jaclyn... I wonder if she undersold her unwillingness to move to the "experts"... I know Ryan made the choice to go on the show having obligations to his niece but the experts are negligent too if they picked him for that drama when there's an orphaned kid involved.

Sean and Davina were decent but I still maintain they might turn depressing with their history baggage soon. I can't hate Sean's mom for her face's... I imagine the facial expressions of my mother would be the least of the problems if I told her I was doing this!

Ryan and Jessica... Kinda dull. I didn't get why she asked if he had an accent though.

A lot of people are hating on Jaclyn, but to me she represents a lot of real people.  A lot of people have been brainwashed by TV, movies, magazines, etc and have no idea what love and relationships are about.  I too used to believe that I had to feel chemistry with someone in the first half hour, until I met someone who I felt nothing for, for an entire year and then BOOM, from out of nowhere, and it was just like in the movies LOL.  That experience taught me that chemistry isn't something you need to feel right away.  I think that Jaclyn probably has gone out with men she's been attracted to and then they turn out to be jerks.  

They really need to pull their participants from another part of the country next season.  All of their accents are driving me crazy, with the possible exception of Davina.

What accents?  Maybe some people can't stand Boston accents, or Midwestern accents, or Valley Girl accents either.  

So the Vodka thing reminded me of Jaclyn saying she was a rep for a well-known brand of Vodka I'd never heard of. And I assume by rep she means she's a shot girl.

Oh! I'd forgotten about her smirky allusions to that in the matchmaking special. That makes her actions slightly less bizarre, I suppose. I could not figure out her coy questions about someone's favorite vodka brand upon first meeting them. "It's okay! You can tell me!'

To quote myself:

A&E Networks owns FYI and will show a version of this show on A&E in order to both increase viewership and encourage more viewers to watch FYI. And why would they go to FYI to watch? Because the version on FYI is going to be 15 minutes longer each week.

I still haven't seen your first post, but thank you for quoting it here. I can't find when it airs on A&E. It could just be the crappy search option Comcast offers, but it's not showing up in listings.

• Love 1

I still haven't seen your first post, but thank you for quoting it here. I can't find when it airs on A&E. It could just be the crappy search option Comcast offers, but it's not showing up in listings.

If you have the same remote I do, which we don't know, you can put A&E on "live" and click the Menu button. That will show several channels with A&E slightly highlighted. Click the Menu button a second time, and it should give you A&E alone. From there, you should be able to scroll down and see about a week's worth of programming.

So the Vodka thing reminded me of Jaclyn saying she was a rep for a well-known brand of Vodka I'd never heard of. And I assume by rep she means she's a shot girl.

I've heard of Tito's because I was at Trivia Night once, and the shot girls, uh, I mean "sales representatives" were handing out T-shirts.  And shots.  *cough*