Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

I didn't really mind Sean and Davina and all their PDA last night.  I was like that at my wedding (and 17 years later, I cringe when I see my wedding video) and it turned out pretty well.  We were also like that on our first date, so people can have an immediate physical attraction that lasts.  The fact that they're also both in the medical field is a good base for them.  When she made the joke about him "knowing" her when she held up the Tiffany bag, I think it just was her being silly that he made that extra effort before the wedding.  They're my favorite couple, although I have to side eye her for defining bullying at kids saying "Hindu Hindu" to her.  That's a whole different animal than broken bones like Sean describes.

Jaclyn the shot girl can DIAF.  She's bitchy and Ryan R isn't a bad looking guy.  He's sweet and sincere, but I agree, she expected Ryan Gosling.

Jessica was stunning in her dress, easily the prettiest bride of the night.  Ryan D seems off to me, a little scary almost.  He comes across as cold with a tendency for cruelty when he's mad or wants his way.  I think she might be too soft hearted for him.

Even watching on A&E this show is sloooooowwwwwww with way too much filler.  I watched all 3 episodes last night in about an hour when I FF through the commercials and BS.

A lot of people are hating on Jaclyn, but to me she represents a lot of real people.  A lot of people have been brainwashed by TV, movies, magazines, etc and have no idea what love and relationships are about.  I too used to believe that I had to feel chemistry with someone in the first half hour, until I met someone who I felt nothing for, for an entire year and then BOOM, from out of nowhere, and it was just like in the movies LOL.  That experience taught me that chemistry isn't something you need to feel right away.  I think that Jaclyn probably has gone out with men she's been attracted to and then they turn out to be jerks.  

I agree as Jaclyn is just like a friend of mine who lives her dating life like its a "lifetime, television for women" movie of the week with very, very unrealistic expectations about love and commitment. 

I have no idea how she's going to respond to the real world that Ryan lives in collides with her fantasy world of "The Notebook" and other movies she has over watched!

I did not like Jessica's hair. It is so flat and stuck to her head all the time. It has no volume. Her wedding hair was awful, IMHO.

Ryan R. seems like a nice guy and I can deal with an accent, but the way he speaks - barely opening his mouth, mushing his words together, odd breathing pattern, etc. would tempt me to smother him with a pillow in his sleep. 

• Love 2

I think last season made me too cyncial for this season. The couple from last season the blonde and firefighter seemed so in love to when they first  got introduce at the wedding and look at them now. I am just going to assume the happiest couple will proably end in divorce and the couple that they girl doesn't found attract will proably be together like doug and Jamie. (Was that the couple names?)

• Love 1

I nominate Sean's mother's bitchface for best supporting character. She was so not happy with the whole thing. I loved how Ryan and Jessica's mothers became besties in minutes, it was really cute. Just what I would do, too, if my son did a crazy thing like this!

Sean Mom's reaction translated to me as "I'm worried sick to my stomach about this situation". Not only he is marrying stranger, he (and all of his family) are going to be on TV making it all public. People talking about it (cough, cough)... you name it. Genuine concern.

I'm worried about Ryan R, his Niece and Mom. He needs a very selfless, caring woman. Someone who is kind and strong enough to be a mother figure from the start. If she truly is going to be family, that is the family situation.

That is why I thought Jessica was the one for the job. She is clearly a family girl, she experienced the selfless care of her stepfather, has nieces o her own.

Jaclyn wants "The Notebook" and foot down not moving from Jersey. Not good.

The only problem I see If Ryan R was with Jessica is that she wants a man who wears the pants in the relationship and he is not it.

Jaclyn talking to his niece made my back hair stand out because she is not even sure she can do this (she said it). You cannot make empty promises to a child, much less a child who's lost so much.

• Love 1

I know Ryan made the choice to go on the show having obligations to his niece but the experts are negligent too if they picked him for that drama when there's an orphaned kid involved.

Yes, they are all negligent!  I was thinking how the niece may find Jaclyn someone to look up to and then how will it be when she too leaves?  Devastating!  Ryan seems like a nice guy but man, I can't keep my eyes off his teeth.  Does he have more than the four that show in front?  It's odd.  In the scene when he and Jaclyn were in the hallway at the end of the night and he had her veil around his neck, did he seem drunk to anyone else?  He was going to get all handsy, you could tell, and in that one instance, I didn't blame her for being like, "hell no". 

Ryan D. did not seem at all into Jessica, and yet he repeatedly said things that indicated the opposite.  It'll be interesting to see which is correct.

Sean and Davini may very well crash and burn but that love at first sight truly was something to see! 

I also saw the chemistry between Davina and Sean. My concern is... I'm not sure she really wants to be married. She seems very independent, strong, I need nobody type person. What if marriage is just something on her list of achievements she needed to cross off?

Sean seems like a nice guy.

Just so you guys know, this show has crept into my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was matched with Justin Bieber, and I was totally skeeved out. It was really gross. Maybe Jaclyn isn't so awful after all....

• Love 7

Ryan seems like a nice guy but man, I can't keep my eyes off his teeth.  Does he have more than the four that show in front?  It's odd.  

Good teeth are a deal breaker for me, and I wondered about his teeth too until they showed an older photo of him and his upper teeth were jacked up! I think he either was wearing an upper plate or new, poorly fitted veneers. When someone has bad teeth, they don't really open their mouth so much. Maybe that's why he had mush-mouth. Sadly, his niece appeared to have inherited the family teeth.

Ryan's teeth are distracting...something isn't right.  Out of curiosity I paused the show to get a good look at them while he was laughing and joking about "a man's sexual needs".  The top 6 teeth are obviously some type of veneers that do not fit his gum line at all.  They sit way above the gum line.  It looks like these are the type of veneers one buys through a cheap online service...the stick-on teeth that people can buy to use for a day or two.  The rest of his top teeth are very discolored and appear to be decayed.  Those teeth are much, much smaller than his veneer teeth, so it seems clear a dentist did not do the work.  The stick-on teeth probably contribute to him speaking without hardly moving his lips. 

What were the experts thinking with this couple?

• Love 2

Jaclyn might not be my fav. person. But I have to say that the fact that she hasn't have sex in two years is something I find honorable. It tells me she doesn't take things lightly and superficially. I hope I'm right and I hope Ryan sees this as valuable.

Jaclyn seems way too forceful and aggressive for Ryan... the way she poured out his drink was kind of emasculating IMO. You could tell he was kinda taken aback but didn't say anything. I think this kind of dynamic will be typical of their relationship if they stay together but maybe he will like it. Some men actually seem to enjoy a domineering woman.

I cringed and looked away while Davina and Sean were making out on the dance floor. I thought it was just too much... like I was seeing something meant to happen in private. 

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 1

FYI: I watched with the closed-captions on because my hearing stinks, and I was shocked they had the caption like this for Ryan:

(Long Island Accent) I cant believe Im marrying a stranger

I watch a lot of TV with close captions and I have Never ever seen them put the speaker's accent in before the sentence! I guess because it is an important part of the story? I am just baffled and surprised. What do you all think about this? Strange, no?

Davina and Sean were so cute. She was like a different person around him, all girly and giggly. And they couldn't take their hands off each other. I was baffled by them eating each other's faces in front of all their friends and family though. The mom was disapproving enough already, no need to make things worse. Cringe.

Jaclyn is still a bitch. Kind of entertaining though, but she should get her testosterone levels checked. Maybe she's been drinking too much vodka. I have no idea why she's got such a high opinion of herself. Looks rough, acts rough, sounds rough, what a keeper. You know something's wrong when a woman her age is still obsessed with Hollywood romance.

Jessica and Ryan D are gonna be a disaster. I don't like either. I don't know how much of her crying is real and how much is acting. He just seems immature and I don't know if he likes her. The fact that he avoided looking at her at the altar makes me think that he doesn't, but he could've also been shy because he was so attracted to her. Who knows. 

• Love 1

Jaclyn seems way too forceful and aggressive for Ryan... the way she poured his was kind of emasculating IMO. You could tell he was kinda taken aback but didn't say anything. I think this kind of dynamic will be typical of their relationship if they stay together but maybe he will like it. Some men actually seem to enjoy a domineering woman.

That part made me cringe. I fear Jaclyn really doesn't know how to act in a relationship what with her being single for 7 years. I'm interested to see how she is going to act towards him if she ever does start to really like him. Jamie softened with Doug so we'll see.

It really is sad how all of them, despite all they say, just care about what the person looks like.  Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Jaci is not good looking.

I keep thinking about Jaci being single for seven years, but not having sex for two.  Was she sleeping around?  I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was freaked out of her mind -- and same with DnS necking.  Imagine the relief to find that you are marrying someone who is intelligent and attractive to you. 

I would have thought Ryan from LI and Jessica.  And not Jaci at ALL.  I mean she says that she has watched the Notebook "like a thousand times and cried for a couple of hours afterwards"?  OTOH there is that clip showing her saying something like "what was I thinking, I set myself up for disaster, this is not a movie."  (Not to mention the clip showing Ryan rubbing her b*tt at the beach, and her doing a shimmy for him in a short dress."  I thought she was a legitimate sales rep tho.  What's a shot girl.  Sounds kinda nasty to me.

I love Jessica, tho her mom's kinda over the top.  Where did you see the model photos?  I didn't see anything about that.  The versions we had here of Preparations were either an hour or 45 minutes.  Maybe I need to watch it online?

It's silly but I keep trying to puzzle out the fight clips they tease us with.  Obviously RyanD is really mad, but at least he's emphasizing that he isn't a scumbag.  So she may be having baggage from her ex cheating on her.  And there's that clip of them in he bathroom where he playfully pokes at her with a toothbrush, which is really cute.  And he brings her breakfast in bed. 

DnS are a good match but they are each strong individuals who will have to give up a lot to become a couple.  And unlike anormal relationship it's not bit by bit, but all at once.  Therapists say that it takes ten years to get over fighting over control in a marriage -- that's going to be a real problem for them.

All of these women need to remember how lonely they were.  You have to give up to get.  Especially Jaci.  I mean seven years??  In your 20s? 

BTW who else thinks that six weeks is WAY too short.  Should be at least three months!

NorCal

PS:  Every time I get judgmental, I try putting myself in their shoes, and try remembering what it's like to be so young.  Still I don't think I ever would have been as hypocritical as Jaci....

I think last season made me too cyncial for this season. The couple from last season the blonde and firefighter seemed so in love to when they first  got introduce at the wedding and look at them now. I am just going to assume the happiest couple will proably end in divorce and the couple that they girl doesn't found attract will proably be together like doug and Jamie. (Was that the couple names?)

What do you mean about Courtney and Jason? Last I saw (pics on their anniversary 3/23) they are still together.

I can relate a bit to how Jacyln (not sure on the spelling) was feeling.

Back in the 90's, I met a guy on-line in a chat room. We ended up having a long-distance phone/email/chat "relationship" for over a year. During that time, all I had seen of him was one blurry photo. We were very emotionally involved for never having met. (I would never do such a thing again, btw)

We finally decided to meet and I went to the airport to pick him up. He had told me what he would be wearing.

I saw him get off the plane, but he couldn't see me yet. My heart dropped into my stomach and I did not feel attracted to him at all. It was horrible!! The next few hours together I was just a pure ball of anxiety. Wondering what the hell I got myself into.

Long story short....I eventually fell madly in love with him and to this day, find him one of the sexiest men I've ever known.

Anyway, with this show, I can't tell how much the editors are manipulating us... so I am just going to keep an open mind. This is one of my favorite reality shows.

• Love 2

I agree that the editors I'm sure are manipulating us.  But the way Ryan looked at (or didn't look at) Jessica and his over all vibe just makes me think he isn't that into her. And I believe when the guy isn't as into it as the girl it won't work.

• Love 3

What do you mean about Courtney and Jason? Last I saw (pics on their anniversary 3/23) they are still together.

I am curious, too.   Do you know something the rest of us don't?  LoL ... I do recall one of the recent episodes (from the one-yr. anniversary update) which appeared more scripted than usual, with certain incidents leading viewers to fear for the worst -- e.g. trouble in paradise for the lovebirds, Jason and Cortney).  But in the subsequent episode(s) they seemed committed to making their marriage work.  Somewhere in there was a scene of the couple getting some informal counseling from Dr. Pepper, and a cautionary remark spoken into the camera after that meeting with Jason and Cortney.  I can't quote her directly, but it was along the lines of, "If these two can't carve out some time for each other despite their busy schedules then their marriage just won't work." Otherwise, I don't seem to recall anything that suggests Cortney and Jason have split up or are intending  to divorce.

• Love 1

Can anyone tell me where the stuff about Jessica as a model was?  I'll have to watch that episode online as it definitely wasn't on any of the episodes shown here.  (confession:  I know cuz I watched them twice.)

I never got into it last year because I couldn't get past Doug and Jamie.  Are the other couples more interesting?  Which was the couple that broke up?  Vaugh and?

Thanks!

NorCal

Editors can manipulate, but they don't -or rather can't - manipulate actions. No production member made Jaclyn slap that glass out of Ryan R's hand.

That's some level of crap behavior. Like a eenager would do, not a grown woman.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3

Sorry to post again, but another website was talking about RyanD's Instagram and Twitter being obnoxious.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks again.  (I am soooo hooked lol)

If you have the same remote I do, which we don't know, you can put A&E on "live" and click the Menu button. That will show several channels with A&E slightly highlighted. Click the Menu button a second time, and it should give you A&E alone. From there, you should be able to scroll down and see about a week's worth of programming.

Mine doesn't do that, I just tried. Wish it did because that sounds like a very handy feature. I have Xfinity/Comcast, the silver remote. Thanks for trying to help though. 

BTW, I've NEVER seen "The Notebook."  

Me either. Those kind of movies are torturous to me. That one and like Bridges Over Madison County. I'd rather re-swallow my own vomit than sit through one of those movies.

• Love 1

I wonder what these people told the experts.  I ask because of Vaughn and Monet last season.   I felt the reason they didn't make it was because neither of them told the experts what they really wanted.  Maybe they were afraid of sounding shallow, but  it didn't work.  Vaughn wanted a woman who looked like Alicia Keys/Paula Patton and Monet wanted a more successful man.  

Sorry to post again, but another website was talking about RyanD's Instagram and Twitter being obnoxious.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks again.  (I am soooo hooked lol)

I don't think his social media is all that bad;  I've seen alot worst from other reality TV people.   I guess its just all in perception of what you think is "obnoxious".  

I don't know him and will never know him so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to social media.  

I'm reallllly curious about the level of producer involvement in the matchmaking process.  Like, they had to know that Jaclyn would be good TV...so maybe they pushed the matchmakers to include HER in one of the couples, instead of another participant?

And I agree that 6 weeks is too short...3 months would give them a little longer to know each other and see what marriage is really like.  You can put up with almost anything for 6 weeks and fool yourself into thinking it'll work long-term! 

The show's announcer says Jaclyn's name in the oddest way.  It comes out sound like "Jac-QUA-lyn." 

Sounds like Jacqueline as in Kennedy? Yes, not the same as Jaclyn.

I also think that 6 weeks is too short. Wasn't it 10 weeks in season1?

I think they had the long sessions of them getting ready to capture the drama of anticipation as well as make it like a "real wedding" where the photographer takes those pics at the bride's house. I never heard of speeches at a wedding just the best man's toast.

I am sure the producers are very involved in the cast. Hopefully they don't do the matching!

I have a feeling producer involvement is HUGE. No way Jaclyn and Ryan would be good matches for each other--all of us here know it! He doesn't seem like someone who has everything together in his life, that getting married would be a good idea.

Courtney and Jason from Season 1 had chemistry from the start but I see big problems when it comes to where they live.  Jason is like my cousins, a New Yorker through and through, and now that he is officially part of the NY fire department he's not moving.  I believe Courtney didn't emphasize enough how much she wants to eventually live back in North Carolina (which looked rural).  So even though they had chemistry there's lots of other factors that can keep or break up a couple. Sean and Davina could end up like that.  Who knows, just because a couple makes it through a year doesn't mean it's forever.

And I think the producers should be faulted for the terrible pairing of Jaclyn and Ryan.  Ryan is looking for someone to help raise his niece which is a huge responsibility to put on anyone, let alone a "meet at the altar" bride. Knowing his story and seeing his wimpiness makes me think he was too passive and just wanted to find a wife without all the work. As much as I don't like Jaclyn I can't blame her for being turned off by him and the very serious, sad situation he is in (with his sister's death, niece, etc).

• Love 1
I also think that 6 weeks is too short. Wasn't it 10 weeks in season1?

I think it was 10 shows but they had to make a decision after 5 or 6 weeks of married life.  And I agree, I don't think that's long enough.

• Love 1

A great place to see what times and days any series is airing is to go to locatetv.com where you will have to enter your zip code and TV provider. Then you can put the name of any show or even an actor's name into the search box and easily find when that series or actor is on within the next ten days. If you use the same device to search each time, your provider and zip code info will be saved. It's much easier than doing a search on your Remote control.

Good teeth are a deal breaker for me, and I wondered about his teeth too until they showed an older photo of him and his upper teeth were jacked up! I think he either was wearing an upper plate or new, poorly fitted veneers. When someone has bad teeth, they don't really open their mouth so much. Maybe that's why he had mush-mouth. Sadly, his niece appeared to have inherited the family teeth.

I'm shallow I admit it but between the family's teeth issues, the mom's creepy closeness and finally RyanR just seeming like a loser it appeared to me like the experts gave him qualities he didn't have to make a match for the show. I'm not buying that he's such a nice guy. I got more of a sense that he lived near mom because it was easy for him and not for any other reason. This is not a Jamie and Doug part two. Jac, run girl, run!

• Love 1

The only thing abt Ryan that concerns me, is his acknowledgement of gambling. To me these experts should've red flagged his application.

Unless he only went a few times, and the editors choose not to tell us.

She does look rough, doesn't she? I just thought it was the harsh eyeliner. I know it's not a feminist thing to say, but most men don't like that kind of harshness of personality. Guys sometimes really do want a sweet girl to marry, and if they put up with a woman treating them like dirt, it's not for long.

What I've finally learned is that it's great to be a tough woman when it comes to most things: your job, your education, a sport you play, etc. But if you want a good relationship with a man, you've got to put away the masculine side and bring out the feminine. That's what he wants, and besides, don't most women want their man to bring out his best masculine side when he's with them? Nothing wrong with this either way, IMHO!

But I don't think Jaclyn has a feminine side. An awful lot of women grew up thinking it was weak and politically incorrect to be truly feminine in any way, much to the despair of many, many marriages and relationships. So they have no idea of how to simply be a woman when they are with their man. It makes me very sad that they think they aren't supposed to do that.

• Love 1

So I bailed on the first season before the end. It just got too painful/boring to watch and I didn't pay any attention to the spin-off. I also skipped the first episode and casting special because ain't nobody got time for that. But I couldn't resist the call of this pile of nonsense of a TV show any longer.

Oh, sex expert lady. Again with this whole physical attraction is not that important... it can grow. Nice to see they haven't changed in their doubletalk BS-ing. What you're supposed to say is, oops, sorry we screwed up. Yeah, the person you end up with may not be a supermodel and they may not be the person you pictured but you should at least be a little attracted to them. Otherwise, the "experts" failed with all those stupid surveys that I assume they made them take again. 

Jaclyn and Ryan seemed awkward in their interaction immediately after the wedding in a "not sure these people should be on TV" way. That is, that might be a perfectly normal interaction in real life, even with her being a little aggressive and tipping his drink but it reads as awkward on TV.

LOL at the justification for Sean and Davina. They were late bloomers who were both bullied? Well, let's just put any two random stereotypical nerds together. It's sure to be true love. I didn't watch the earlier episodes so I don't know what's going on with her family. Did she adopt someone else's family? This seems even weirder than Jamie last season. Their meeting was cute though. They at least seem to be going into this with the same positive spirit. Also, them going on and on about being attracted to each other was a clear contrast to Jaclyn. 

And... here's Cilona again with that old soft shoe. Families are super important. Except when they aren't because they don't support this nonsense. The bad thing is a chance for bonding! Sure...

I think Ryan and Jessica make the cutest couple (just in terms of their looks). But 2 years? Being single for 2 years made you lonely enough to marry a stranger, Jessica? I can't. Her mom was also way too into the whole thing. Though again, they managed to pair up another two people who were attracted to each other. They screwed up with the first pair. Just admit it. 

One point, kudos to MAFS for getting a better person to preside over the weddings this time. The vows are a little creepy to me because they sound like things the "experts" wrote with all the bits about "remaining open" and "remembering their commitment." 

I get being supportive but I'm weirded out by the family and friends who are treating this like a completely normal thing. You're their family and friends. You know they just met. I don't know. There were just some weird reactions during the weddings and photo sessions.

I didn't get a good sense of the decor, etc. but I could not help but notice the tacky, TACKY bride/groom table that Ryan and Jessica had. I get that the show is on a budget but you could just go simple. Don't tell me either Ryan or Jessica picked out those things in the last episode. Davina's dress is also terrible.

Jaclyn and Ryan are so much like Doug and Jamie. If this isn't scripted then they did a great job casting very similar personalities. 

They're all full of shit but I continue to find the spiritual adviser the most useless. They could seriously grab a random man off the street and his opinions would have as much weight to me as that dude.

Davina's dress - and her wearing it - was beautiful!

Everyone has different tastes. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's ugly. I thought Jessica's was tackier, but she looked lovely in it.

I was little confused when the bride (Can't remember names) asked her husband if he was italian based on his accent and he replied that he was Russian Jewish. Was she implying that he from other country on his accent?

I am late to this show and thread but when I saw this I had to respond - I am from New York City so I have some "native" knowledge about these things.  Ryan was raised by a step dad of Italian descent.  In NY people can have different accents based on their neighborhood of origin, which is often identified with specific ethnic cultures.  I myself assumed Ryan was of Italian/Irish descent based on his accent, appearance and name (first name Irish, last name Italian).  Plus a guy that works out that much, slicks his hair back and does lifts in his doorway is not lookin' all that Jewish to me, but does seem quite the 'Talion Stallion, LOL (I am half Italian and 25% Jewish myself and grew up in Jewish neighborhood in NY).  I would have NEVER pegged Ryan for a Jew in a zillion years, but what we used to call a "Guido", back in the day.

They really need to pull their participants from another part of the country next season.  All of their accents are driving me crazy, with the possible exception of Davina.

Davinia is not originally from NYC.  I can see how the accents would grate on non-New Yorkers.  I find them a little funny myself as I moved out of NYC over 20 years ago.  Now I can "hear" them.  Trust me, they don't hear it themselves!  I lost a lot of my accent, thankfully, LOL.

(edited)

Ryan's veneers are a bit unfortunate, but I think he's cute. He seems like a very nice, low key guy. Jacklyn seems like the kind of girl who goes for big palookas who spend their lives at the gym, use lots of hair gel, and live for air guitar. 

Jacklyn's Ryan seems to me as a native NYer to be more of a doofus gavone than she would find attractive (look that up if you need a definition).  I would not be attracted to that Ryan either.  Perhaps it's because I know the culture he comes from and have met guys like him before and IMO they are not sophisticated enough sexually and as men for someone like Jaclyn.  I don't think it's because she thinks she's better looking than him that she doesn't find him attractive.  I think it's because his personality turns her off.  He seems like the kind of knee-jerk bonehead that would not be on her level intellectually and be more backwards in terms of values.  Not that she's a scholar, but she is more sophisticated than he is, IMO.  Plus he seems to come from that backwards Italian culture where the man is always the boss even though he says he likes a woman who "busts his balls".  I don't think Jacklyn "knows her place" with him, and good for her, I wouldn't either.  She is coming off really brash and over the top aggressive with him but I think that's because she's testing him out.  And he's not going there with her, which is only making him more unattractive to her and thus relegated to "the dreaded friend zone".  I think if she were with a guy she thought was her match, she'd go all soft for him and you wouldn't recognize her.  This Ryan is not enough of a man for her in the ways she needs him to be a man.  He is too much of a mama's boy for her.  The fact that he lives home with mama and neice is on the one hand nice, but with him I see it as also being too tied to the apron strings to be able to handle a strong, independent woman.  His mother is nothing like Jaclyn in terms of temperament so I would think he'd have trouble handling Jaclyn.  He would be better off with someone like Buddy Valastro's wife, or any of his sisters.  Family may be important to Jaclyn but I think she wants it on more progressive terms.

I think the so-called experts goofed with him perhaps because they bought into what he said but didn't really understand where he comes from.  I predicted her not being into him before I saw them meet.  I knew it was going to be a train wreck.  She'd be better off with what we used to call the "strong, silent type" who could let her be the center of attention and was over the moon for her.  I never saw the notebook but when I met Mr. Snarklepuss I thought I hit the boyfriend lottery.  It was a lot like Davina and Sean.  The sparks were there immediately.  Seriously, so I get what Jaclyn wants.  I need that too.  I have never been one to "warm up" to a guy that turned me off immediately no matter how "nice" he is.  Even if I managed it, it would soon fizzle out.  My gut knows what is best for my heart.  If you ever heard the song, "It's in his kiss" - Yes, it really IS.

Edited by Snarklepuss
(edited)

I am late to this show and thread but when I saw this I had to respond - I am from New York City so I have some "native" knowledge about these things.  Ryan was raised by a step dad of Italian descent.  In NY people can have different accents based on their neighborhood of origin, which is often identified with specific ethnic cultures.  I myself assumed Ryan was of Italian/Irish descent based on his accent, appearance and name (first name Irish, last name Italian).  Plus a guy that works out that much, slicks his hair back and does lifts in his doorway is not lookin' all that Jewish to me, but does seem quite the 'Talion Stallion, LOL (I am half Italian and 25% Jewish myself and grew up in Jewish neighborhood in NY).  I would have NEVER pegged Ryan for a Jew in a zillion years, but what we used to call a "Guido", back in the day.

I just wanted to leave this old picture of Ryan here: http://www.justthewayyouare.com/ab2/i/ryan.gif

Edited by MsPH

I agree that the editors I'm sure are manipulating us.  But the way Ryan looked at (or didn't look at) Jessica and his over all vibe just makes me think he isn't that into her. And I believe when the guy isn't as into it as the girl it won't work.

I was reading it that yeah, he wasn't that into her but it's not because he couldn't or doesn't like her, it's that he isn't ready to commit to one woman and is putting on the brakes inside himself so a deeper connection doesn't happen.  Some of these people tell the experts what they think they want to hear and then when they have to put their money where their mouth is, they can't deliver.  At least that's how his reaction struck me.

I'm shallow I admit it but between the family's teeth issues, the mom's creepy closeness and finally RyanR just seeming like a loser it appeared to me like the experts gave him qualities he didn't have to make a match for the show. I'm not buying that he's such a nice guy. I got more of a sense that he lived near mom because it was easy for him and not for any other reason. This is not a Jamie and Doug part two. Jac, run girl, run!

This, this this!  His mom all by herself is creepy enough let alone his relationship with her.  Some of the stuff coming out of her mouth was downright embarrassing.  And wearing what was essentially an embellished sweatshirt to your son's wedding?  Just OMG.  I think he sold himself really well to the experts but I myself would not have bought it.  I don't know how they could have been so fooled.  I get the feeling he is one of those guys that's his own worst enemy with women.  I see him as picky and over critical with a madonna/whore complex.  Likes "bad" girls for a good time and can't get anywhere with "nice" women because they find him and his situation with mama creepy.  He probably cries that women only like "bad boys".  The truth is they just don't like HIM.  I think they thought Jaclyn would be the perfect synthesis of things for him but she is far too strong a personality to work with him.  I sometimes wonder if they aren't told to pick a questionable match to create drama for the show.  There has to be one match that qualifies as a train wreck.

• Love 2
(edited)

Somewhere someone posted that if these experts were so expert, they would've rejected Ryan R in the first place due to his niece's situation.

is that fair? No. But neither was fate, causing her to lose one parent to disease & one to accident. And regardless of RyanR's saying that sometimes he is her big brother, for all intents & purposes he is her psuedo father. To subject this young lady to the possibility of losing a young female mother figure, is heartless.

This may belong in the Experts thread, if the moderators want to move it, I understand.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I watched this on A&E so I may have missed something, but it didn't look to me like Jaclyn had any problem with the existence of Ryan's niece, at least nothing that she voiced on the show.  From what I saw, she was open to and sweet to his niece.  That said, I would think the experts would have asked these people up front if they were willing to get involved with someone who had custody of small children before setting them up with someone who for all intents and purposes, does.