Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

That said, I would think the experts would have asked these people up front if they were willing to get involved with someone who had custody of small children before setting them up with someone who for all intents and purposes, does.

But is he living in an apartment attached to his mother's house because he's helping his mother raise his niece...or is he just there because it's free rent? I mean, I get that he SAID that he has an important relationship with his niece, but I didn't get the impression that he intends on living in that house and raising her until she goes off to college. He just doesn't want to move all the way out to Jersey and she doesn't want to move all the way out to Long Island. Perhaps that's just my impression, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Both Ryans seem Guido-esque to me, in different ways.  It's funnier with Jessica's Ryan because he's not even Italian but he has all the Guido-ish trappings, down to the spray tan, the slick hair and the gym membership.  The other Ryan's accent, facial expressions and demeanor are what put him in that territory for me.

Edited by Snarklepuss

I think a lot of the rituals we continue, such as the marriage ceremony, are very important, and this show portrays how important it is to the relationships of the participants. These people feel a connection even without knowing each other! The families are taking it very seriously, not like a social experiment or TV show, but forever!

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I watched this on A&E so I may have missed something, but it didn't look to me like Jaclyn had any problem with the existence of Ryan's niece, at least nothing that she voiced on the show. From what I saw, she was open to and sweet to his niece. That said, I would think the experts would have asked these people up front if they were willing to get involved with someone who had custody of small children before setting them up with someone who for all intents and purposes, does.

I wasn't saying Jaclyn herself had a problem with the niece, but if it doesn't work out w/Ryan, and she develops a relationship with Jacklyn, is that fair to the niece?