Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Double Date

Nick and Hank are called to investigate a one night stand turned deadly when a man finds himself in the middle of a very bizarre love triangle. Captain Renard hopes Monroe and Rosalee can help him deal with recurring episodes of phantom bleeding. Meanwhile, Adalind makes a discovery that might turn the tables in her favor and Juliette makes a big decision that could change the course of her relationship with Nick.

I don't know; I just didn't get into this episode. I have to fully disclose that I'm completely exhausted, so I'm not sure if my apathy is due to the episode or my complete lack of energy right now.

I did appreciate shirtless Renard. I'm tired, not dead. Reliving being shot and waking up bleeding, that sucks out loud. I also liked his grousing about being a Zauberbieste, not a Hexenbieste. There is a difference. It's slightly unfair to look like a corpse and not have cool witch powers to compensate.

I did like Adalind freaking out about being pregnant and trying to get a different father. She decided she wanted Victor, and she was so transparent about it. If she have guaranteed a father of her baby, I wonder why she didn't guarantee it was Eric instead of Sean. Oh well, I guess Royal Blood was Royal Blood, in that case.

Renard's father, the King, seems like a total wacko. To quote Fusco from Person of Interest, the King is "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

I'm going to have to watch this again when I'm more alert. Besides, then I can pause it on Shirtless Sean and enjoy the view for a longer time.

• Love 1

That was pretty underwhelming.  The wesen of the week -- I don't know, cheesy.  When Stacey and Linus (if those were their names because I wasn't paying strict attention) were fighting in the motel room, all I could think of was Norman Bates and his mother.  Comical, not in a good way.

Juliette at Renard's place fell flat, too.  She acted petulant and adolescent, instead of conflicted and troubled.  And when did he move, did I miss that?  He used to be on an upper floor of a high-rise, and now Juliette entered from the ground level. 

The best parts of this episode for me were the exterior shots.  Really evocative.

Edited by ShadowFacts
  • Love 2

And when did he move, did I miss that?  He used to be on an upper floor of a high-rise, and now Juliette entered from the ground level.

He presumably moved after getting out of the hospital.  Recall that he, Nick and Adalind were attacked by some of Viktor's men who were trying to kidnap the baby last season.  Renard presumably decided to get more private/secure digs.

• Love 2

Juliette at Renard's place fell flat, too.  She acted petulant and adolescent, instead of conflicted and troubled.

Yeah that bugged big time.   "I spent the night in my car."   Really.   You are a vet so presumably you aren't broke.   Why not get a hotel room?   Oh it's so everyone would feel sorry for poor Juliette who moved out of her perfectly nice home because her boyfriend didn't jump up and down with joy that she was a hexenbiest.   Then demanding Renard understand.   Because ... why?    At least he used her too.   

At least we had Monroe actively involved in a case.   And you notice Rosalee did not pitch a fit when it was suggested Monroe be the decoy.   Or when she found out the chick kissed him and ripped her clothes off.    

But other than that, meh episode because we have Nick angsty about Juliette instead of being a badass Grimm.   

• Love 5

I did appreciate shirtless Renard.

Me too!!! I'd have a cat scratch me and go into a weird coma just so he'd kiss me & wake me up.... and not be able to keep his hands off me.

I kind of liked the monster in this episode. I liked that we got to see a little more Monroe. I miss him.

I get why Juliette went to Renard. I don't much like it. I don't understand why this damn show has the characters wait so long to tell the other characters things. Like Juliette telling Nick about her hexen-problem. I know Juliette can't stay with Rosalee. But why didn't she tell her about this? It's not like she has a whole spice shop full of stuff that may be able to help or anything! Rosalee would understand a little too. I love Nick & Juliette. They're so cute together. I'm just waiting.... If they make Juliette an enemy of Nick- especially if they have a physical confrontation and he has to kill her- that will be the last episode I watch.

Lastly- I don't know about ya'll but I'm so tired of seeing Adalind's face. I HATE this baby thing. With any luck, the Grimm side of the baby will somehow take over the Hexenbiest part and kill her from the inside. How cool would that be?!?!

• Love 7

I had more sympathy for Juliette last week, but she was on my nerves tonight.  First, kicking things off with her whining about sleeping in her car was already a bad start.  OK, fine, you don't fell comfortable with staying with Nick.  I get that.  But, you do have cash, right?  Credit cards?  Why don't you stay at a hotel?  Or Monroe/Rosalee?  Make an excuse, perhaps.  Or, how about non-Wesen friends?  But, really, a hotel would work.  Sleeping in the car could have been avoided.  Just saying.

And, now she's decided to crash at Renard's place, because she wants to feel comfortable. Fine.  But, she's acting like she owns the place, and acting like Renard's the guest in his own house.  Poor Renard.  This isn't going to be fun for him.  He was just asking for a few drops of blood!  It's not like he wanted your hand in marriage or something.

Finally, if you don't want to talk to Nick, at least text him or something.  Dodging his calls and him wondering where in the hell she might be, is just making me feel bad for him.

Moving past all that junk, the Wesen case wasn't that great.  The idea of the Wesen being people being two separate people, was a fun idea, but they didn't really go anywhere interesting with it, IMO.  I guess Monroe going undercover was kind of fun.  Although, I knew him mentioning how hot she was would be brought up by Rosalee.  And, you were doing so well, Monroe!  To be fair though, don't know who the actress was, but she was pretty hot.

When Nick told Hank he and Juliette were having problems, I really wanted Hank to actually respond with "When are you guys NOT having problems?"

Well, Wu did have some fun snark as always.  Besides that, a forgettable episode for me.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

After Juliette lying to Renard about telling Nick about her powers, I was thinking maybe it was an episode out-of-order, but no.  It made no sense for Juliette to lie to Sean about that.  

I saw Liam/Stacy as sad, in that Stacy was clearly over doing what Liam wanted and Liam needed Stacy so badly. I understood his protection of Stacy, but agree that something needed to be done to protect everyone. Since the effect of MOAR hormones ( or whatever Rosalee was using) is uncertain, I am hopeful that the effects wear off. I really disliked Nick's "I don't know". He is upset with ancestors that committed genocide ( the tortoises), but shutting down a personality isn't a thing to worry about much?   The solution felt a bit rushed. If you weren't going to make clearer parallels to our world, wait to tell the story better, imo.

I loved the looks zinging between Rosalee and Monroe. They are the Last Sane Couple in Portland, it seems. *g*  She's provisionally okay with the case working and she's normally curious about the woman. Monroe feeds his hunting call by helping Nick, Hank and Wu, but in turn, isn't sure he's going to be much help.

Wu earned big points from me for asking after Monroe and Hank earned them for asking about pronunciation, as a courtesy. I think a case with Hank and Wu would be cool, if Nick has to handle some Grimm stuff, alone or with Monroe.  Double-barreled snark? Could be fun.

I just...I see a corner and Juliette and Adalind are in it. There is paint super-duper right on them too. I am actively disliking the way these stories are written, and, imo again, out-of-character for both women.   (For reals question: If Monrosalee hadn't seen Elizabeth open the tome, none of our characters would know how to open it? The only reason Adalind knows is by sheer luck/accident.  Follow-up: Did Renard get a brainwave and confiscate all of  Mama Schade's gear from storage?)

The preview had me slightly more interested.

Edited by Actionmage

It actually took me a while at the beginning to be sure who was going to be the victim and who was going to be the bad guy because the actor playing the guy who became the victim just had something about him that screamed "potential Wesen!" to me. There was something about his face and the shape of his beard that looked vaguely Blutbad-like, so I guess they went for Stacy's "type" in sending Monroe after her. Once she was obviously playing the pick-up game on him, I figured she was the bad guy, but then I wasn't sure if they might flip it and have him Blutbad-out on her.  I wonder if they cast him deliberately for that reason to keep us guessing.

However, I figured out from early on that Stacy/Linus had to be a hermaphrodite and both the same person, especially when they were talking about worms. In fact, I shouted it at the screen several times during the trailer research session. I actually was rather surprised that Wu didn't bring that up. I don't know, that just seems like the kind of thing you'd expect him to know off the top of his head, that a creature related to a kind of worm might be a hermaphrodite, and the man and the woman might be the same being.

Is Viktor being written off? I wonder if there's a plot reason or if Alexis Denisof wanted out.

• Love 2

This episode just made me realize that there should be a special wesen only prison.  It just seems unfair to throw a guy who can melt the flesh off of other people in gen pop.  Worst if ends up regaining Stacy in jail.  Adalind is just irritating.  I'm pretty sure this will just end up with her sleeping with Renard's father.  Then her daughter can be aunt and sister to the next kid until they get a wesen dna test.

Edited by placate
  • Love 1

Meh...

That's really all I can say about this.  It should have been a better episode and there was definitely potential.  The Wesen of the Week was unique and could have been interesting but the whole thing just fell flat.  And the pacing was just wrong....I felt that the climax of the episode should have happened closer to when the Wesen was with Monroe, not later.  The secondary arcs were pretty muted so I can't even blame that.  It just never really gelled for me.

I did like that Wu was more integrated into the case and not relegated to just looking things up and being sarcastic.  This is the first time him being part of the gang was actually useful to the case.  I also--and I can't believe I'm saying this--like Adalind in this.  I mean, I didn't like her, but she was entertaining and she was only in one scene!

Here are the things, though, that bugged me about the episode:

1 - Juliette....there are these things that they have everywhere--EVEN IN PORTLAND--they are called hotels. And you only have to give them your credit card, not your blood.  Her going to Renard didn't really make any sense and, despite wanting her blood, it made no sense that Renard is letting her stay.  I mean, he does realize that Nick is not going to be happy about this one and that could cause more trouble for him in the long run.

2 - I expected Nick to be a little more off his game thanks to Juliette.  That was one thing that they did well last week--Nick was upset and, while he tried to carry on with his job, it was still obvious that he was not at 100%.  It looks like this episode took place the very next day and he was already switching between "work" Nick and "my almost-fiance has turned into a rotting corpse of a witch and it's all my fault" Nick pretty effortlessly.  The only time the two sort of overlapped was for a moment in the trailer with Hank.  There was even a scene early on in Renard's office where Nick seemed strangely okay, considering what was going on with Juliette and the fact that he knew Renard knew about it.

3 - I understand that they want to get the Wesen away from everyone so that they can get her to Woge and then shoot her up with testosterone to turn him into a he before they arrest him.  HOWEVER, doing this right next to the MAX line, especially in an area where the MAX is usually crowded, isn't exactly away from everyone.  Even if you didn't know where that church was THE FACT THAT A TRAIN WAS GOING BY IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE SCENE should have been a clue that they weren't as remote as they would have liked!

4 - I know it has already been spoiled, but I am not excited about yet another Royal.

I also noticed that the "dream" Adalind had in the preview about carrying Nick's baby was absent.  I don't know if that means there was a late edit or if it is going to show up later (probably the latter since 

it has been spoiled that Nick will find out about Adalind's pregnancy in episode 19.

I'm not saying I missed it, though....that one little clip was just painful.

• Love 1

Yeah, why did Juliette lie to his Royal Hotness about telling Nick? And why did she move out of her house? As for the preview, another stuck-up, asshole Royal? Seriously, I am beyond sick of Adalind and the royals.

• Love 3

I did appreciate shirtless Renard. I'm tired, not dead. Reliving being shot and waking up bleeding, that sucks out loud. I also liked his grousing about being a Zauberbieste, not a Hexenbieste. There is a difference. It's slightly unfair to look like a corpse and not have cool witch powers to compensate.

Ditto on shirtless Renard.  Frankly, this show could use more shirtless men.  Well, maybe not Monroe. Or Hank.  But, definitely Renard and Nick.

And ditto on Renard pointing out that there is a difference between a Zauberbiest and a Hexenbiest. However, I wish he had said what exactly that difference was.  As far as I can tell, the only differences are that Hexenbiests are female and Zauberbiests are male, Hexenbiests apparently have a kinetic power that Zauberbiests do not, and Zauberbiests apparently have an intelligence than Hexenbiests do not (but, to be fair, I'm using Adalind as the sample for Hexenbiests with that one).

• Love 2

This was pretty wesenoftheweek. I liked last week's victims a lot more but I thought this week was better paced. Plus, if you're going to do "my body my choice", you don't do it as a throwaway.

Good bits: Renard, Wu, Renard, Hank, Renard, and the Monrosalees. And Renard.

Not so good bits: Pregnancy story that should have been filmed around, anything royal that isn't Renard, Juliette, Mopeygrimm, and the makeup that looked straight out of Teen Wolf.

I'm kind of confused, how did Adalind get pregnant if she didn't have sex with someone? Why is Viktor gone? I don't want another "Adalind is pregnant" story, we just had one. This reminds me of Charmed when Piper had a baby & then Holly Marie Combs got pregnant in real life & we got stuck with another pregnancy storyline. It sucked then, & it's going to suck now.

• Love 2

Ditto on shirtless Renard. Frankly, this show could use more shirtless men. Well, maybe not Monroe. Or Hank. But, definitely Renard and Nick.).

Agree and I'd like to see Wu one time to just to see what he might be hiding under that uniform shirt. Excuse me while I climb out of the shallow end but hey, why not, we get enough scenes of women, especially Adalind, in their skimpy lingerie........give us lady viewers a little more ogle time!

Juliette could have made more sense if she'd toned down the whining at Renards and if they threw just three more sentences in there

Juliette: I slept in the car

Renard: Why?!?

Juliette: I'm avoiding Nick and I was afraid he'd track my credit card to a hotel and try to see me

Renard: (rolls eyes at unnecessary paranoia)

Alexis Denisoff was heard but not seen as they rushed him out.....is he totally off the show now?

Edited by sigmaforce86

Yeah, why did Juliette lie to his Royal Hotness about telling Nick? And why did she move out of her house? As for the preview, another stuck-up, asshole Royal? Seriously, I am beyond sick of Adalind and the royals.

I thought she told the truth, that she didn't tell Nick that she was there. I must of misunderstood.

Meh, sums up this episode. The case was sort of interesting, though I called that they were the same person about halfway through. And I liked Monroe going under cover because it gave him more scenes.

I hated Juliette in this episode, I don't get why she would sleep in her car. First of all as others have said there are a such thing as hotels. And seriously just have a conversation with Nick. There is no reason why she can't go home. She needs to understand that Nick needs time to adjust. At least call the poor guy back.

I still hate Adalind and fast forward her scenes. Did anything important happen? I got that she wants to pretend Victor is the father. But I could careless about her baby storyline. I agree with people that are saying "I hope the baby turns grimm and kills her Alien stye" that would be great. I wonder if the fandom took a poll how many people would want Adalind killed off?

Edited by blueray

Ditto on shirtless Renard.  Frankly, this show could use more shirtless men.  Well, maybe not Monroe. Or Hank.  But, definitely Renard and Nick.

I think it should be a requirement that at least one of them be shirtless in each episode. Then if the episode is just kind of meh we will forget about the shows shortcomings.

• Love 1

This episode just made me realize that there should be a special wesen only prison.  It just seems unfair to throw a guy who can melt the flesh off of other people in gen pop.  Worst if ends up regaining Stacy in jail.  Adalind is just irritating.  I'm pretty sure this will just end up with her sleeping with Renard's father.  Then her daughter can be aunt and sister to the next kid until they get a wesen dna test.

But should it be on a remote island, or in the basement of an abandoned particle accelerator? That is the question.

Then why does she need to find someone to have sex with to pretend he's the father?

I presume she wants to keep this one, which having Nick or Renard (and I really think it's supposed to be Nick's) as the father could make that an issue. It seems to me that any random dude would be better than Viktor in that regard. I'm not sure of the timeline here, but I should think she's too far along to pull that off. And paternity tests exist. 

So, I think the concern is legitimate, but her solution was silly.

• Love 1

I thought she told the truth, that she didn't tell Nick that she was there. I must of misunderstood.

I thought so too.  I thought he asked if Nick knew she was there (i.e., at his house).  Maybe I misheard and he asked if she told Nick what she was.

I did appreciate that Renard seemed irritated that she was there and that he told her she was putting him in an awkward position.  I do not want to revisit the Renard/Juliette attraction.  Thankfully those scenes had not sexual tension to them.

• Love 2

Grimm does their own version of chemical castration - huzzah! I know the characters voiced their concerns but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

It would've bothered me more (even with their hanging a hat on it) except they basically gave the dude a giant testosterone shot, and people who do that intentionally for this purpose have to do so on an ongoing basis. So I appreciated Nick's "I don't know" because he didn't, and why lie, and who knows about wesen worm physiology, but since they based the guess that it'd work at all on usual human physiology, then it's seems a reasonably good chance that it is not permanent. Which makes me feel less bad about what they did to them, but bugs from a they should be more worried about it wearing off perspective. If they had just flat out assumed it were permanent and the show treated that as guaranteed, that would've bugged me more than how it was presented. (in that case buged in a specious logic sense, not bugged in a human rights sense)

I saw Liam/Stacy as sad, in that Stacy was clearly over doing what Liam wanted and Liam needed Stacy so badly. I understood his protection of Stacy, but agree that something needed to be done to protect everyone. Since the effect of MOAR hormones ( or whatever Rosalee was using) is uncertain, I am hopeful that the effects wear off. I really disliked Nick's "I don't know". He is upset with ancestors that committed genocide (the tortoises), but shutting down a personality isn't a thing to worry about much?

I didn't think Nick's "I don't know" implied he didn't care or even necessarily thought what he'd done was morally sound. I think there was a lot of intentional ambiguity there. It played to me like Nick felt the fact that they'd murdered someone trumped Stacy. Also I think the flesh-eating slime only happened when they were switching between themselves. So it wasn't just getting rid of Stacy but also attempting to eliminate the murdery goo. He could've also lopped Linus' head off, and chose not to. It was sort of a weird choice he had: he could've basically sentenced them both to death on his own (ax to the head), but he chose to sort of maybe/temporarily, give just Stacy the death sentence, and let Linus suffer but live. Is that more cruel? Who knows? Does Nick think it's more cruel or more lenient? No idea. Kind of an interesting question to me. Contrasted to the previous episode though, Nick was clearly trying as much as possible to go the cop route and not the Grimm route here as he clearly was making his decision based on what would allow him to make an arrest. Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I still hate Adalind and fast forward her scenes. Did anything important happen? I got that she wants to pretend Victor is the father. But I could careless about her baby storyline. I agree with people that are saying "I hope the baby turns grimm and kills her Alien stye" that would be great. I wonder if the fandom took a poll how many people would want Adalind killed off?

You just missed some classic Adalind logic.  "Hmmm, I'm pregnant and I know it is Nick's (because we are ignoring everything that makes this pregnancy RIDICULOUS!).  I don't want to have Nick's baby!  Oh, I know....I'll sleep with someone fast so that they will be the father and not Nick."

• Love 4

So that was "the King" Adalind was talking to? Sean's father? What the hell? First we have all this build up with Erik, then poof - Erik is dead and replaced with Viktor. Then we get a bunch of scenes with Viktor blah blah blahing about the baby this and Royals that and poof - Viktor is gone with no explanation, then we get another Royal showing up out of the blue. WTF. I can only imagine actors like James Frain and Alexis Denisof eventually get sick of showing up every week to do one measly scene and play characters who don't seem to be going anywhere. I can't blame them. This whole Royals thing has been on the rinse and repeat cycle for four years. Both talented actors, both incredibly wasted on this show.

I did like after Nick, Hank and Wu left the spice shop, Rosalee turned to Monroe and said "So. How pretty was she?" I liked how she waited until she was alone with him before calling him out on that. And his involvement in the case was more old-school Grimm than we've been getting lately. Monroe is another character that's been wasted of late. His reactions to being thrown down on the bed, and then frantically waving to get Nick's attention through the window, were hilarious.

• Love 3

I called that they were the same person about halfway through

Yeah, I got it in the opening scenes. Something about the way Linus told the victim "You're brave when it's a lady" and the fact that she didn't come out of the bathroom or make a sound after Linus burst in, tipped me off that they were the same person. The rest of the scenes after that just kept confirming it, especially that they were mostly talking to each other when they were standing in front of mirrors.

• Love 2

At least they finally explain that a zauberbiest has fewer or different powers than a hexenbiest. Captain Renard drinks a lot of rum.     They also fleft hints suggesting what royals are, and what they want to do with their power, by having the King. Why doesn't he ever talk with his son Renard?

I think an earthworm with two sexes is brilliant because that is what earthworms are.

"You are a vet so presumably you aren't broke.   Why not get a hotel room?"

--well, even though the characters call each other on the phone a lot, you'll also notice that they rarely call before visiting each other, too.

"I know Juliette can't stay with Rosalee. But why didn't she tell her about this? It's not like she has a whole spice shop full of stuff that may be able to help or anything!"

-- Maybe they could develop a future plot showing how Rosalee gets her jars of supplies. They introduced her brother who used to run the shop, where he was unethical and would trade in organs. Does Rosalee purchase things from wholesalers? If she came up with a testosterone concoction, did she need  gland taken from an animal? Maybe they could take a trip out to Mt St Helens where they collect rare plants and mushrooms to make extracts from.

Edited by ottilie

Did I miss when Stacy left the bathroom to turn into Linus kicking in the other (?) door? Did Linus come from the same room that Stacy was in? It looked like different doors/rooms to me.

Disregard. I see now where that was explained.

Edited by Enigma X

...I don't know about ya'll but I'm so tired of seeing Adalind's face....

I love Claire Coffee's comic facial expressions. She had one in this episode towards the end. But I've always hated the hexenbiest face. I hope Juliette and Renard find a cure in the book and then de-hexenbiest (and de-Zaurbiest) themselves and Adalind.

...I think a case with Hank and Wu would be cool, if Nick has to handle some Grimm stuff, alone or with Monroe.  Double-barreled snark? Could be fun....

Yes, please, to both. Yoo hoo! Show writers! Over here! Better ideas.

I just re-watched this ep this morning and it was still underwhelming for me.  However, something popped out that bugged me.

I get all the handwritten books in Nick's trailer.  Yes, there are times when I call BS (like when there is a pristine page supposedly written in the first century AD?  Really?  Especially after greasy-fingers Wu has been pawing all the pages) and I've come to accept all of Rosalee's books.  I mean, there are clearly a lot of Wesen out there so it isn't inconceivable that there would be some Wesen printers/publishers.  However, when Hank pulled out the Grimm medical book, that was a bit too far for me.  We know that there aren't many Grimms around and, well, they don't exactly deal with mainstream stuff, so I really have a hard time believe that there are printed and bound Grimm books out there.  I don't know why the writers went that way, that same information could have been found in any of Nick's "regular" books.

On another note, apparently the scene where Hank and Nick come face to face with Linus/Stacy was supposed to be a bit more confrontational.  Bitsie Tulloch posted a behind the scenes video with a fight scene that never made it on the screen (you can see it at: https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/status/581620946206752768).

My husband, who swore off this show after seeing the preview for last week's episode, made what I consider a GENIUS suggestion! It might be time to bring some Aswang's back and let THEM deal with Adalind!

You are a vet so presumably you aren't broke.

Wrong.  It's stunning how many people think neglecting to pay the vet is OK.  Once the pet is healthy, who cares WHAT the vet's due.  Where I work, there was a woman who owed close to $2000 and was *finally* told we wouldn't treat the pet until she paid up.  Whaddya know, she paid it all off so doggie could get his prescription refilled.  She had the freakin' money; she just didn't wanna pay the docs.

Juliette strikes me as one of those docs - help the animal no matter what.  It's the not pet's fault the owners are deadbeats.

• Love 1

The show pretty much said they were the same person from the start. The fairy tale quotey text blurb thing at the beginning said something like "sometimes it looked like a boy and sometimes a woman" or something. So as soon as Linus first showed up I assumed they were the same person and not spouses.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 3

Wrong.  It's stunning how many people think neglecting to pay the vet is OK.  Once the pet is healthy, who cares WHAT the vet's due.  Where I work, there was a woman who owed close to $2000 and was *finally* told we wouldn't treat the pet until she paid up.  Whaddya know, she paid it all off so doggie could get his prescription refilled.  She had the freakin' money; she just didn't wanna pay the docs.

Juliette strikes me as one of those docs - help the animal no matter what.  It's the not pet's fault the owners are deadbeats.

Yes, but my guess is that Nick and Juliette have combined assets (let's face it, that's a pretty nice house they have--or at least it would be if it didn't get destroyed on a nearly weekly basis--and I don't think either of them could buy it on their own) and looking at their lifestyle--how Juliette dresses, the cars they drive, etc--they are comfortable enough that Juliette could pay $100-200 to stay in a hotel for a night.

• Love 2

Juliette at Renard's place fell flat, too.  She acted petulant and adolescent, instead of conflicted and troubled.  And when did he move, did I miss that?  He used to be on an upper floor of a high-rise, and now Juliette entered from the ground level. 

He moved at the beginning of this season, after he got out of the hospital.  He told his mother that this house had more security than his penthouse.

• Love 1

Moving past all that junk, the Wesen case wasn't that great.  The idea of the Wesen being people being two separate people, was a fun idea, but they didn't really go anywhere interesting with it, IMO.  

My husband, who insists he no longer watches this show but still seems to watch it, said this was a "Grey's Anatomy" episode (another show he insists he doesn't watch, but knows a heckuvalot about...).  The A story was just there as a metaphor of the B story...which actually did make sense at the end.  Poor Linus was never going to be with Stacy again because someone had done something to change him and Nick has all this angst about Juliette because someone did something to change her (well, technically HE was the doing her..er, doing it to her...er....).  Blah blah blah....I find it trite on GA and I find it insufferable here.

Edited by OtterMommy

Thanks, I truly did miss Renard's move. The exteriors of the apartments and condo they showed last night were all pretty nice, I wonder where in Portland they are.   And I like the Aswang idea.  I still can't believe they're going with the pregnancy retread.  I had to quit another show recently because it got insultingly stupid and I don't hate-watch.  I don't want it to come to that, and I don't think it will, because Adalind gets little enough screen time.  But if it balloons much, ugh.

Pretty weak episode.  Didn't like the worm-wesen much.  I thought it was predictable and sort of pathetic. 

And the Juliette arc reverts to the worst-possible-Juliette version.  This show just can't do right by this character.  Just when I think they've come up with a good story for her as a hexenbiest, they ruin it with soapy silliness and bad writing.  Handled correctly, this could play off some of the same notes that Buffy-Angel played.  But it weakens the entire show overall when the team as a whole isn't respected enough to be there for Juliette, when in the awesome opening season episodes the team comes through for Monroe.  For Juliette to assume she can't turn to anyone except Renard is just bad writing.  If they really want to make that case, then they needed to do some subtle writing along the way to develop an organic reason (or reasons) for her lack of faith in Nick, Rosalee, etc.  I think they thought the dream of her killing Rosalee should be enough, but we have never been given any reason to assume that a hexenbiest has so little self control she can't be trusted around friends and family.  And even if that's true, then ACKNOWLEDGE it, discuss it with the gang, have Juliette get an apartment, work on the issue, struggle with the control, learn and grow.

Instead we are left with the seeming idea that juliette is sulky-girl. 

• Love 2

Thanks, I truly did miss Renard's move. The exteriors of the apartments and condo they showed last night were all pretty nice, I wonder where in Portland they are.   And I like the Aswang idea.  I still can't believe they're going with the pregnancy retread.  I had to quit another show recently because it got insultingly stupid and I don't hate-watch.  I don't want it to come to that, and I don't think it will, because Adalind gets little enough screen time.  But if it balloons much, ugh.

They are in the Overlook neighborhood of Portland.

http://www.portlandneighborhood.com/overlook.html

• Love 1

Alexis Denisoff was heard but not seen as they rushed him out.....is he totally off the show now?

Doing a little checking on IMDB...he's on another show and maybe it became impossible for him to be on both.

I will say, though, that the way they shuttled him off of Grimm was a little suspicious.

• Love 1

Yes, but my guess is that Nick and Juliette have combined assets (let's face it, that's a pretty nice house they have--or at least it would be if it didn't get destroyed on a nearly weekly basis--and I don't think either of them could buy it on their own) and looking at their lifestyle--how Juliette dresses, the cars they drive, etc--they are comfortable enough that Juliette could pay $100-200 to stay in a hotel for a night.

I figured that Juliette was really upset and drove around for awhile.  Eventually she parked and fell asleep in the car from emotional exhaustion.

• Love 6

I figured that Juliette was really upset and drove around for awhile.  Eventually she parked and fell asleep in the car from emotional exhaustion.

THAT does make sense and I wouldn't argue with it.  However, opting for Renard over a hotel still doesn't add up.

I would buy that excpet how bitchy she sounded when she showed up on Renard's doorstep "I slept in my car, I'm not doing that again."   Makes it sound like it more deliberate than just exhaustion taking over.    But again, bad writing coupled with an actress who really can't do drama well.

• Love 2

Interesting, because, although yes, she did sound annoyed when she said to Renard she slept in her car, the look on her face when she woke up there, absolutely read to me as surprise, like she had not intended to sleep in the car when she did it. So yeah, there's a clunk in the writing and a clunk in the acting, and the scenes sort of contradicted each other. But in both scenes, it was an acting choice that makes the impression. So did anyone tell her whether Juliette meant to sleep in the car or not? Because either they combined two takes that didn't line up, or she didn't know what she was playing.

I do hope they give her more comedy, especially as she settles into her hexenness. I keep seeing these tiny bright moments where she says something hilarious and I'd be less bored with this plot if there were more of that. For example, when she said she wanted to read the book. That was a solid moment for me, not unlike when she blew up the car.

Edited by theatremouse

I thought Juliette's attitude with Renard was a sign of her inner Hexenbiest coming out. It was very much an Adelind move and an Adelind tone. I do love that Sean didn't just take her shit. Nick needs to start taking lessons if he's going to stay with the new and improved (?) version.

Shirtless = good. Wu = good. Overall = snooze. And did the end seem weirdly abrupt to anyone? It's almost like they cut the episode mid-scene.

• Love 2

I'm still giggling over "Olive or Twist" whose prices will scare the Dickens out of you.

I'm kind of shocked that I didn't pick up on this line when I first watched the show as it is totally up my alley.  The one that did crack me up, though, was the Nick/Hank/Monroe/Wu exchange over the crossbow.  I can't relate it here, unfortunately, since it all depended on the delivery--but the delivery was great.

I was tring to think what the wessen of the week reminded of, then I realized it reminded me of Glory/Ben from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I liked this week's villain, he/she was more interesting than what they usually have.  The Juliette and Adalind subplots I can take or leave, though. 

Edited by Dobian