Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes: "Strumpets Convalesce in a State of Total Debacle"

• Start Topic

"Not good: She's taken to her bed with martinis, Xanax, and Turner Classic" --Whitney, on Patricia's condition after Rocky the cat's demise.

Edited by foo
  • Love 14

"In the words of Bette Davis, 'What a DUMP.'" --Patricia, reacting to Whitney's fantabulous downtown loft/"stabbin' cabin".

"I don't do manual labor." --Shep to Cameran, after suggesting he should order some peel n'eat shrimp at The Shrimp Shack.

"Thomas was a bottom in prison."--Whitney, when the men were selecting beds/bunks at Shep's hunting cabin.

"Ann Taylor???!"--Patricia to her housekeeper, while rifling through some random "strumpet"'s clothes on the floor of Whitney's bedroom--"What should we do with all this?"(Patricia's housekeeper asks her)--"Burn it!!"

• Love 4

"Not good: She's taken to her bed with martinis, Xanax, and Turner Classic" --Whitney, on Patricia's condition after Rocky the cat's demise.

This was THE line of Season 1; can't wait to see what can possibly top it this season!

• Love 2

God I want to take to my bed with martinis, Xanax, and TCM. That sounds like the best day ever.

"I don't think Thomas hates his life every day. Maybe half the time."-Shep

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

"Whitney's a nervous wreck. Every time anyone moves he's all 'Did Thomas find out I slept with Kathetine?' 'Did I just loose my best friend?' No. Relax. I just want the ketchup."-Craig, S1. It was all in the delivery.

• Love 7

Best seat on the bus* to anyone who can transcribe or find T-Rav's life lessons dinner party speech, which devolved into him musing about how beverage cart girl didn't fit into his perfect glass menagerie.

*Pardon my boorish behavior. I have no right to promise the bus seating chart. I shall, however, personally buttle your martini and/or mint juelip accouterments and ensure that your ice is as finely crushed as Thomas's glass menagerie once he realized what he gave up with beverage cart girl for it.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

Shep on Thomas's plantation home before and after Kathryn's pregnancy: "It used to be like a bachelor's paradise out there. Now it's all quiet [snicker] -- like something bad happened there."

• Love 4

Patricia: "I'm between marriages right now, so I like to fill up the house with butlers."

Cameran on Kathryn's outfit: "I would be aiming toward Kate Middleton, but for some reason Kathryn is aiming for … Mrs. Doubtfire."

Cameran regarding Whitney helping Thomas' political campaign: "I don't know if I would let Whitney pass out bumper stickers for me."

And: “That’s his right hand man, Renob, aka Boner.”

• Love 4

I was just watching season one episodes and in the episode after Carolina Day both Whitney and Thomas stated they "were overserved last night," Whitney to Patricia and Thomas to his political consultant.

• Love 4

Whitney, after a discussion about how the band members couldn't hear each other playing: "The logical solution is to turn down, but who the [bleep] wants to do that?" (Yeah, turn it up to 11, Whitney!)

Whitney during the band rehearsal: "Feel the magic, bro!"

Whitney talking about his band's rehearsal at the dinner party: "The band was, like, jammin' bro."

And also, when discussing his band in TH, he's wearing a black leather jacket that looks like it came from 1983, except it appears off-the-rack totally brand new. Basically everything he said during rehearsal and about the band at dinner was Spinal Tap-tastic.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Season 1 Patricia:

To Whitney:

“When you look around here, do you think the opium den genre is kind of like this?”

To Thomas:

“Instead of impregnating 21-year-olds, you might refocus, is all I’m suggesting.”

• Love 2

When asked what the first godmother looked like, Cameran responded, "she's not a mud duck."

I haven't heard that term since the 1970s, when I was the designated driver for drunken fishermen & bikers in the Pacific Northwest.   Small world.  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 1

I haven't heard that term since the 1970s, when I was the designated driver for drunken fishermen & bikers in the Pacific Northwest.   Small world.  :-)

I'm a lifetime Washingtonian (DC) and I've never heard that term before but I'm going to start using it.

• Love 2

I'm a lifetime Washingtonian (DC) and I've never heard that term before but I'm going to start using it.

As long as you realize in our realm it was a term for unfortunate looking ladies with very loose morals (so as not to slut shame anyone).   :-)