Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim was making FANTASTIC A grades 📚🤥at his MISSIONARY Training school in Wisconsin when that ebul liberal virus HOAX 😱started and forced the school to close!!! 🤯 Tim was SEVERELY disappointed to stop his schooling 😔(and the job that gave him money to buy gifts for Beautiful Best MAMA💄📦🧸)but he missed his BEST MAMA so much 🤥he was VERY happy 😁 to return to travel in the stink bus 🚌🤮and beg for hot meals 🥣and to play in the JOY BAPTIST Church ✝️(our wonderful church that shares food  🥕with us so David 🐽can keep his weight up!  🍔 🥩🧁 ) orchestra 🎶with his brothers and sisters and Best MAMA 🙇‍♂️and Papa. ❤️🤗 We are SOOO Happy to Have our Wonderful Timothy back home in his SANITARY bunk bed in the beautifully decorated  🌺 👒🎀badly wired 📎warehouse bedroom with his multiple brothers right where he belongs. 😂🤥

God is sooo good to us!!!!!  😇Aren't you all jealous??? 😜

Snort thanks for the great belly laugh. 

Tim can continue his online studies on the stink bus while 20 kids scream and crawl all over him. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I agree Tim most likely flunked out and since Jill can’t brag about him anymore she just ignores him. Also most likely tuition money was grifted and now she got nothing to show off to the donor. 

She has Nurie now to show off since she snagged herself Anna Duggar's brother. Mama needs a wedding!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe he got kicked out because he was behind on tuition payments.  Buying bathroom chairs at TJ Maxx was probably more important than Tim's education. 

Anything that Jill wants is more important than the education her kids get.

• Love 5

OMG Wallers. A newborn in church during a pandemic? Covidiots.

13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Anything that Jill wants is more important than the education her kids get.

Hey, she invested $240 in Nurie and Not Nurie's "education!" What sacrifice! 

• Love 4

I'm very sad that Tim is back home. He's not going to do better living in that house. And now they have 15 people living in a house that really shouldn't have more than 5 people in it.  I think all those fundies living in one space reminds me of hoarders or animal hoarder. At least the weather is nice so they can go outside. 

David and Priscilla covidiots. Children under two are recommended to be at home, and both Destiny and Peter are under two.

• Love 9

Jill Rodrigues's sister Angie Hildegrass is pregnant with #9. She has 8 children. Her last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. She is due in October and is likely 4 months along. It is possible to have a loss at this point (like Joy Duggar), but less likely than earlier in the pregnancy.  

Amy and Angie are twins and a year younger than Jill R. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What part of TX are they in? Some areas are having covid surges.

I don't know if they live in the same county as Big Sandy or not. That's a fairly sparsely populated county that so far only has 18 cases, according to the data source I use...

However, I have a vague recollection that the house they renovated may be in one of the nearby counties instead? Maybe to the west and closer to Dallas? And in a number of those counties the cases and deaths are mounting up more.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4

Fundiewiki doesn't have a wedding date for Angie yet. According to Angie's instagram announcement above, Angie was married in 2006 (based on the wall hanging in the background.) Since her birthday is December 17 1979, she was likely 26 years when she got married. She has 8 kids with 1 on the way. 

Jill R is only year older than Angie (November 1978) and she got married in October 1997 at  18 years old.  She was married almost ten years before Angie. Jill has 13 kids.  Jill has more kids than Angie, because she was married quite a bit younger. 

17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

When did Amy get married? Because before the accident five years ago, she was at 6 (I think). 

Found this:

Amy Rosanne Noyes of Horseheads, N.Y. and Kevin Fenton Foster of Farmington, N.Y. were married May 14, 2005 at Southside Baptist Church in Elmira, N.Y. 

• Useful 6
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Found this:

Amy Rosanne Noyes of Horseheads, N.Y. and Kevin Fenton Foster of Farmington, N.Y. were married May 14, 2005 at Southside Baptist Church in Elmira, N.Y. 

Thanks. So she had six kids in just a hair under 10 years. That is Jill levels of reproduction. I doubt Angie will catch Jill; she's just too old now. 

I’ve spent time here reading about the Rodrigues family and rolling my eyes at their fundie antics.  I have been concerned for the kids, mainly growing up in such a weird fundie dysfunction, but I can’t say I seriously, really worried about their well being.  Recently I listened to a podcast called Broken Harts, that details the story of a couple who adopted 6 children, ultimately committing murder/suicide by driving them all off a cliff.  The reason I bring it up here, is one of the mothers was very prolific on FB and portrayed them for years as this perfect family.  Her posts would include beautiful photos of the kids being honest, authentic, and beautiful.  Her posts would include heart wrenching prose about her family, her children, and her love.   Many people followed her, and praised her, and if they thought it was too good to be true, and maybe wondered why the kids were all so small for their ages, they put it out of their mind.  However, The Hart children were abused for years, and ultimately murdered.  This online persona reminded me of Jill R- very much so.  And it made me uncomfortable to think Jill might be perpetuating the same thing on FB.  And I hope I am not rolling my eyes and smirking at a family that is getting away with horribly abusing their children.  I’m finding the family even more disturbing than ever- and I really hope I’m wrong. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What part of TX are they in? Some areas are having covid surges.

Our whole state is having rising numbers of cases. They are complete idiots. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, SoCalAgain said:

I’ve spent time here reading about the Rodrigues family and rolling my eyes at their fundie antics.  I have been concerned for the kids, mainly growing up in such a weird fundie dysfunction, but I can’t say I seriously, really worried about their well being.  Recently I listened to a podcast called Broken Harts, that details the story of a couple who adopted 6 children, ultimately committing murder/suicide by driving them all off a cliff.  The reason I bring it up here, is one of the mothers was very prolific on FB and portrayed them for years as this perfect family.  Her posts would include beautiful photos of the kids being honest, authentic, and beautiful.  Her posts would include heart wrenching prose about her family, her children, and her love.   Many people followed her, and praised her, and if they thought it was too good to be true, and maybe wondered why the kids were all so small for their ages, they put it out of their mind.  However, The Hart children were abused for years, and ultimately murdered.  This online persona reminded me of Jill R- very much so.  And it made me uncomfortable to think Jill might be perpetuating the same thing on FB.  And I hope I am not rolling my eyes and smirking at a family that is getting away with horribly abusing their children.  I’m finding the family even more disturbing than ever- and I really hope I’m wrong. 

I remember that case--it was just truly horrible, and I often wonder about some of the people I see who post in a similar way on social media. 

One of the things that really haunts me about Jill is so much of what she posts is obviously toxic and bad. What does she do behind closed doors when nobody can see her? 😞

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I remember that case--it was just truly horrible, and I often wonder about some of the people I see who post in a similar way on social media. 

One of the things that really haunts me about Jill is so much of what she posts is obviously toxic and bad. What does she do behind closed doors when nobody can see her? 😞

That’s the thing- how bad is it really?  We know what we see and that’s disturbing enough.  I fear for those kids

• Love 1
On 5/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, BradandJanet said:

Didn't Tim have a job in Wisconsin too? Is that gone like his chance for an education?

While Timmy can be almost as obnoxious as his mother, I feel bad that he's right back where he started: the house of no hopes, no dreams, no future. It's like being in a deep, black hole and managing to crawl toward the light at the top only to tumble back into the darkness again. 

To be fair...none of the postings made in Timothy's name were actually by Timothy. We have no idea what he really thinks or says

• Love 5
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, Pris looks good for just having popped out her fifth kid. 

I remember when we commented on Erin Bates going to church so soon after one of the kid's births. I think it was around Easter time and she wore a white dress.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, SoCalAgain said:

That’s the thing- how bad is it really?  We know what we see and that’s disturbing enough.  I fear for those kids

Me, too. 

I feel like crap every time I find something to laugh at about this family. 

Important to always remember that none of these people are damn fictional tv shows or cartoons or novels., seems to me.

They're real people and what happens to them has real consequences. And the kinds of abuse we know all these cultists and children of psychologically messed up parents suffer has awful consequences all its own for many people. Even if you don't add in the possible abuses that may happen out of sight. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
(edited)

I fear for the kids, but I fear for the country too. These extremist white evangelicals have amassed much more political power than they should have for their numbers, and they want to push their agenda on the rest of us. Jill and David would gladly terrorize people beyond their own family and enjoy every minute of it. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 24
(edited)

6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I remember when we commented on Erin Bates going to church so soon after one of the kid's births. I think it was around Easter time and she wore a white dress.

That was Alyssa.IMG_20180401_094635_346.jpg

That being said Erin might have done the same thing since Zoey and Everly were born two days apart.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, not you again said:

I am certainly not as familiar with this family as the rest of you, but I don't see Tim in the video or pics.  Is he playing the trombone and half hidden?

Timbits was playing his trumpet in the corner. It was from a service last Wednesday. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Timbits was playing his trumpet in the corner. It was from a service last Wednesday. 

I read that first sentence in a completely different manner.  I am gonna take my handle of Titos and head on over to the prayer closet.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I read that first sentence in a completely different manner.  I am gonna take my handle of Titos and head on over to the prayer closet.

Bahahahahaha I did too! 🤣

• LOL 4

Jill has posted that Tim transferred to a nearby school in Ohio and has his own place now. He had actually posted some pictures showing off his new apartment a few weeks ago, but Jill must have deleted it. This was on her Facebook. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

A poor Tim. My goals for him to fly the coop were obviously not meant to be. What school could he have transferred to there?*

*I'm not entirely convinced he is transferring anywhere, regardless of what the Hell Bitch his mother says. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

A poor Tim. My goals for him to fly the coop were obviously not meant to be. What school could he have transferred to there?*

*I'm not entirely convinced he is transferring anywhere, regardless of what the Hell Bitch his mother says. 

Jill is actually not wrong about this.  Kent State has an aviation program not too far from Wooster, but far enough away to warrant him getting an apartment.   I was bored at work a few weeks ago and was looking up the curriculum for Kent and they do offer enough remedial classes for him as well.  

• Useful 6
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill is actually not wrong about this.  Kent State has an aviation program not too far from Wooster, but far enough away to warrant him getting an apartment.   I was bored at work a few weeks ago and was looking up the curriculum for Kent and they do offer enough remedial classes for him as well.  

That's interesting! Though I suspect if he couldn't hack it at the missionary school in Washington or the tech school in Wisconsin, he's probably not going to fare any better at Kent State. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's interesting! Though I suspect if he couldn't hack it at the missionary school in Washington or the tech school in Wisconsin, he's probably not going to fare any better at Kent State. 

"Can't read. Can't write, Kent State."  I'm sure Timmy can muster enough credits to graduate from there.

I kid.  I got my masters there.  It's an interesting university because they have multiple campuses and a large mix of programs.   The satellite campuses function like a community college and the main campus is a regular university.   It also feeds into the regional medical and pharmacy school, I think.  

• Useful 10
  • Love 1