Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And ended up paying for mini-golf for 15 and probably ice cream afterwards, for a grand total of about $350.

Perhaps this mini-golf excursion didn't include several children?  I don't have IG or FB so I don't know if there are more pictures of other kids.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

But wait! Didn't she once give a free ride to a lowly ordinary member of her church? And don't forget how she brought that guy to the Lord named Daniel in the Laundromat! 

See how's she's persecuted by the minions of Satan? Nobody gives her credit for all her good works. 😉

She also single-handedly saved the life of a pregnant Amish neighbor in a snowstorm.

Well, maybe it didn't happen quite that way. 

• LOL 15
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

But wait! Didn't she once give a free ride to a lowly ordinary member of her church? And don't forget how she brought that guy to the Lord named Daniel in the Laundromat!

Did she actually give the church member a ride" Or did Jilly just complain that a lowly ordinary church member had the nerve... the NERVE... to ask her, JillyBean herself, for a ride? I remember the story, but I can't remember if a ride was actually given.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Perhaps this mini-golf excursion didn't include several children?  I don't have IG or FB so I don't know if there are more pictures of other kids.

Jill said it was Jonathan, Kaylee, and Tessie. It must have been the latter's "week." I guess the rest of the kids were left at the campground.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, all fall down said:

A ride was given but Jill made it clear she was not happy to have been asked. I thought I had a screen shot of it, but can't seem to find it. If I do, I'll come back and post it. 

She was horrible about it. From saying she wasn't an important member of the church to getting pissed when they realized they had to pick her up from the hospital. IIRC, they left her in bed with just a glass of water on her nightstand. No food, no nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 19
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

True, but having a single adult son looks poorly on her parenting, so I think she's pushing for him to get married.

Pushing him to get married while also ranting and raving about modern women have no values, morals, etc. Dress like whores, have families not as righteous as the rods and all. She will never approve of any choice he makes.

He wishes he could find someone like his sisters because his sisters are the only females in his world that are within Jill's rigid standards.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Pushing him to get married while also ranting and raving about modern women have no values, morals, etc. Dress like whores, have families not as righteous as the rods and all. She will never approve of any choice he makes.

He wishes he could find someone like his sisters because his sisters are the only females in his world that are within Jill's rigid standards.

I just don’t think things will end well with Timmy. I’m not sure which way the wind will blow, but I just have a feeling things will really not end well. I hope I am wrong.

• Like 3
  • Sad 20

I don't know if there is a woman out there that Jill would approve of. Not only that, is there one who wants to get stuck with her as a MIL? A SIL can take his wife away, a DIL can't. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I worry that some poor (literally poor), beaten down girl will jump at the chance to marry Tim thinking any type of life would be better than the situation she is currently in… only to find out she was wrong. 🙁

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Sad 24
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill said it was Jonathan, Kaylee, and Tessie. It must have been the latter's "week." I guess the rest of the kids were left at the campground.

David went also.

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

David went also.

And Of course there was quite the picture of him and his Pepsi at mini golf. Looks like Renee was left back at the RV to wrangle the Rodlets.

6 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

KJ volunteering to help? As if! She’ll probably send a few kids around. 

You called it! Callie was spotted cleaning a bathtub at the new house in Carlin’s stories. 

• Sad 10

I'm sure Jonathan paid for the golf outing. Jill is training Jon to have his money on the table before Hulk has to pretend to reach for his wallet. 

Jill and David's idea of a treat is a hike to a drainage ditch for an afternoon of water fun and parasites.  

• Sad 8
  • LOL 2

I didn’t even realize, until I saw it pointed out elsewhere, that Jonathon is barefoot in the hiking/preaching photos and it looks like he is still barefoot at the Putt Putt course.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 6
55 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I didn’t even realize, until I saw it pointed out elsewhere, that Jonathon is barefoot in the hiking/preaching photos and it looks like he is still barefoot at the Putt Putt course.

Oh, I didn't notice his feet at putt putt, but I definitely cringed when I saw him barefoot in the middle of the woods. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was guessing John caught up with them somewhere during their grifting circuit. 

Because you know he has all of the $$in the world to spend on expensive gas to drive around the country to play mini golf. Mid week!

• Sad 5
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She was horrible about it. From saying she wasn't an important member of the church to getting pissed when they realized they had to pick her up from the hospital. IIRC, they left her in bed with just a glass of water on her nightstand. No food, no nothing. 

Her attitude about the woman not "being an important church member" really made me angry.  Are we sure she has read the Bible?

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Good, he'll fit right in.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

What the what?

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I went back and checked the putt putt pics. Jonathan is indeed barefoot. WHY????

I’m over here still flabbergasted as well. And I need someone to tell us more about his creepy preaching out in the woods.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

There was a mini amphitheater with stone seating and a stone lectern. The kids sat in the "pews" while Jonathan stood behind the lectern and delivered a mini sermon. 

Any details on the content of the sermon?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Hopefully no humping at the mini golf course!  😂 the rods are too classy for that!  

It’s really sad when you have less class than Jill R

• LOL 19
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Her attitude about the woman not "being an important church member" really made me angry.  Are we sure she has read the Bible?

They love the Old Testament and what St. Paul said.  They say they love Jesus, but not much of what he preached.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

How hard could the assessments for home school have been?   "they developed math and reading skills working my plexus business for me.   We went on 'field trips' to learn geography."    I mean those kids are in school about 2 days a year.  but then we've seen Jill's SM posts so we know she has trouble writing coherently.   

Poor Nurie, guilted into traveling alone on a plane while pregnant and caring for a small child because Jill was feeling neglected.

• Sad 23
(edited)
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

There was a mini amphitheater with stone seating and a stone lectern. The kids sat in the "pews" while Jonathan stood behind the lectern and delivered a mini sermon. 

It was so staged - Jonathan gave a short lecture about how to be a Christian, very cut-and paste from "Sermons 101."  After he said his piece (probably written by Jill), Jill pans to the "congregation" (all the Rodlets) and they all shout "Amen, Brother!" at the same time.

I think if I came across this particular tableau in the middle of a forest, I would run very fast in the opposite direction.

Also, I don't know why I watch Jill's IG stories, but I do....I found the video in the airport kind of funny, as Jill pans to the escalator where I fully expected to see Nurie come down with Nemo, but nada.  Then she pans around to the rest of the bland airport.  What was the point of that?  

I hope Nathan "forgot" to give Nurie Olive Garden cash for her trip.  I'm sure Jill is extremely disappointed that her cash cow couldn't make the trip with Nurie.  Sadly, the little Rodlets are probably even more disappointed that they won't get fed.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

How hard could the assessments for home school have been?   "they developed math and reading skills working my plexus business for me.   We went on 'field trips' to learn geography."    I mean those kids are in school about 2 days a year.  but then we've seen Jill's SM posts so we know she has trouble writing coherently.   

Poor Nurie, guilted into traveling alone on a plane while pregnant and caring for a small child because Jill was feeling neglected.

Here's a rundown of what the state of Ohio requires for each student--

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administrative-code/rule-3301-34-04

• Useful 3

JillR’s videos are always a trip to watch. She swings the camera wildly and randomly so you wonder what she’s filming. Usually it’s nothing interesting at all. Or it’s actually nothing. 

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, so the superintendent is allowing Jill to oversee testing and submit the assessment summaries? 

It looks like standardized testing is optional.  I assume Jill and the superintendent went with option 3--

An alternative academic assessment of the child's proficiency mutually agreed upon by the parent and the superintendent.

I also assume Jill and David bought the Barndo due to it being in a school district with a very permissive superintendent.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Usually it’s nothing interesting at all. Or it’s actually nothing. 

Nothing interesting at all or actually nothing.

Sounds like the essence of Jill R. distilled into one tidy phrase.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Thanks 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6BF05A0E-9D94-4B6E-B351-01CA9E951847.jpeg

32E691A2-8A69-47C8-BEDA-840F48A9B92C.jpeg

She has a big hunk of video of an empty escalator until people finally start appearing and she realizes Nurie is not one of them. Why even include it?

• LOL 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

How nice of Nathan to be willing to share his family. Letting Nurie and Nemo out on their own. I'll have to remember to thank Mr. Madtown next time I go back home by myself to visit my parents. What a kind sharing husband I have.🥺

I wonder how it feels to Nurie to be alone (except Nemo) for one of the handful of times in her life? Is it freeing -  or scary?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

How nice of Nathan to be willing to share his family. Letting Nurie and Nemo out on their own. I'll have to remember to thank Mr. Madtown next time I go back home by myself to visit my parents. What a kind sharing husband I have.🥺

And does Nurie listen to other people’s chatter and conversations in the airport and on the plane? Conversations that don’t include Jesus speak of any kind? Is she judging them or mildly curious about it all?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But, according to JillRod's way of thinking, aren't people going to see a pregnant woman holding another baby, traveling alone, no headship in sight, and assume she is an unwed mother???

She could be a widow. Not sure how widows who don’t have fathers or headships are supposed to live their lives, in Jill’s world.

• Useful 2
12 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But, according to JillRod's way of thinking, aren't people going to see a pregnant woman holding another baby, traveling alone, no headship in sight, and assume she is an unwed mother???

No, that’s only if the woman is fat, has tattoos and hair dyed an unnatural color. 

• Sad 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1