Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The jail is an official historic site, and there's an admission fee. Jonathan doesn't seem to be on this trip, so who paid for the motley crew to get in? Did they break in? 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

Guess they like big families, from the website of the Old Jail:

Family - 2 adults and 6 children  $25

So I am sure it didn't cost them more than $25.   Which of course, some "dear friend" paid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I’m thinking Jill’s sister paid. They were in PA for a wedding I’m thinking that’s who Jill went with to visit the jail. Jill DEFINITELY did not pay.

Apparently no FREE meal either otherwise there would be a video of the Rods chowing down like there is no tomorrow! 

I imagine HUNK and Plexus pusher get a meal each and the kids share 1 order of fries and 1 hamburger. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

That fucking flag shirt. Just no.

For me it’s his watch. Why does he need one? It’s not like he is allowed to go anywhere alone or do anything on his schedule. His whole life it’s all about his parents schedule! His parents tell him when to go to bed and when to get up.

He is in prison constructed by his HORRIBLE parents.

The shirt symbolizes freedom and he has zero. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

But don't you know, how else will they show that they are "good" Americans. 

Ugh. 

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

For me it’s his watch. Why does he need one? It’s not like he is allowed to go anywhere alone or do anything on his schedule. His whole life it’s all about his parents schedule! His parents tell him when to go to bed and when to get up.

He is prison constructed by his HORRIBLE parents.

The shirt symbolizes freedom and he has zero. 

I didn’t even notice the watch. That is weird! I haven’t worn a watch in over 10 years.                

These performative flag wavers couldn’t define “freedom” if their lives depended upon it.   

• Love 8

Isiah and Ellie are visiting Alyssa. Some projects are likely to get done, and Alyssa wasted no time having a child free lunch with her bestie. It’s Ellie’s 15th birthday. The girls are excited to have company. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Ugh, they’re getting dangerously close to me geographically!  Chambersburg PA is where I spent much of my fundie former life. Get no closer, Rods!  

No! Don't say that!  I'm too close, close enough up 81 that I'm scared. lol

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

For me it’s his watch. Why does he need one? 

Timcel has a giant white watch that I swear is a Baby G women’s watch that my best friend had more than 20 years ago. It actually might be her watch.

Poor Phillip. Had to zoom all the way in to see his floating head behind his brother. 

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Timcel has a giant white watch that I swear is a Baby G women’s watch that my best friend had more than 20 years ago. It actually might be her watch.

Tim likes to wear his giant white watch with a snappy white plastic belt from the 1970s. Considering how thin the Rod boys are, the belt makes sense, at least. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

A3391BE9-790D-46B4-80F1-6990EE04D757.jpeg

EDB714A6-3C82-43D1-9FB2-8E5C9658FF8B.jpeg

A20F45DE-BFF5-496E-8DF7-3A12BF270EB0.jpeg

If I had kids I SERIOUSLY wouldn’t give them Plexus vitamins. I wouldn’t want to poison them with Plexus! 

Also the Rod kids obviously do not take vitamins or eat very much. 

"Do YOUR children take vitamins?"

Jill - you idiot - YOUR children don't take vitamins.  They drink Plexus.  And judging by how they look, if this is how she's advertising Plexus then she is more delusional than I ever thought she could be and that's saying something.

• Love 21

Janessa’s shoes are HUGE. 

Also yeah your trained seal kids look like they are HAVING a miserable time/existence. Are you SEVERELY blind? 

If they are having fun I look like Farrah Fawcett 🙄🤪🤣

I feel sorry for the  SEVERELY malnourished Rodrigues spawn.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

If I had kids I SERIOUSLY wouldn’t give them Plexus vitamins. I wouldn’t want to poison them with Plexus! 

Yea, not much of a ringing endoresment-- a collection of starving waifs. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

What is she wearing? It’s horrendous! A weird skirt and heels? Yikes. 

3FC43177-F734-45B2-8049-164A37447907.jpeg

24F1E863-5B23-4DC7-93F7-7E93B73DD9A8.jpeg

What the hell is that? And Jill,  when is a see through skirt modest?

Poor kid on top of awful clothes she has to wear too big heels. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yea, not much of a ringing endoresment-- a collection of starving waifs. 

It kind of seems as though BME believes that vitamins are all a kid needs to grow up healthy. Hey, as long as they get their vitamins, who needs actual meals? Probably works out cheaper in the long run, too.

Why does Jill put over-sized shoes, especially heels, on small children? She must want them to fall and tear four things in their knees, so she can talk about it online. 

I doubt the Rodlets get Plexus vitamins or drinks. Jill is not about to waste that expensive stuff on her children. 

The Happy Rod Kids photo poses are sad. At least performing seals get fish as a reward for doing their acts. Can't somebody throw these kids some pieces of bread? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Yeah.   If that is how you look on Plexus -- I'll pass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

It is mind boggling that BME, possibly the best type of Christian of all time*, feels this is type of clowning for content to post is acceptable behavior in a church sanctuary or worship area.

I would find it disrespectful if I saw it happening in a church.

(*in her own delusional mind)

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It is mind boggling that BME, possibly the best type of Christian of all time*, feels this is type of clowning for content to post is acceptable behavior in a church sanctuary or worship area.

I would find it disrespectful if I saw it happening in a church.

(*in her own delusional mind)

I don't think they consider it a "sacred" area. I'm Catholic and went to Catholic school. The nuns would have had our asses if we behaved that way in church. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, Nysha said:

No, I fed my children homemade meals, included fresh fruits and/or vegetables at every meal, and let my kids eat until they were full. I had consistent meal and bedtimes, plus my kids played outside whenever it was weather appropriate. They also had routine medical and dental care, proper schooling, and clothes that fit. NOT because I was the BME, but because providing the basic necessities of childhood is what normal parents do for their children.

And I bet your kids had plenty of energy to play and clown around. And... I bet they didn't have sluggish guts.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The cartoon in this post looks like a knock-off version of Marvel's Kamala Khan. Do you suppose Jill knows she is using a Muslim superhero to advertise her poison?

• Love 2
On 4/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, iwantcookies said:

What is she wearing? It’s horrendous! A weird skirt and heels? Yikes. 

3FC43177-F734-45B2-8049-164A37447907.jpeg

24F1E863-5B23-4DC7-93F7-7E93B73DD9A8.jpeg

This pisses me off to no end!  The 3 youngest girls (Sofia, Janessa and Sadie?) always look like ragamuffins in mismatched and ill-fitted clothes and shoes.  You can easily see that Sofia’s shoes are too large for her feet.  Has the child ever worn a pair of shoes that actually fit?  I’m pretty sure she hasn’t.  The outfit she’s wearing here might be the worst one yet.  If I were a parent, I would be embarrassed to death for my children to be seen in public dressed like these children always are, but obviously it doesn’t faze BME. 😤

• Love 10
On 4/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, iwantcookies said:

Of course you feel blessed you lying mannish blouse wearing wife of GWE. 

How is your SEVERELY injured knee during this grifting trip?

5D3623A8-FB27-40DE-8068-4366D9DE36E1.jpeg

WTF is she wearing?? 😂 A cotton hoodie and mismatched polyester skirt with white opaque stockings and black suede high-heeled booties.  Oh, and hair extensions.  Can’t forget those.  For once, the batshit crazy bitch is dressed as badly as her children, and I love that!!

• LOL 18
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

This pisses me off to no end!  The 3 youngest girls (Sofia, Janessa and Sadie?) always look like ragamuffins in mismatched and ill-fitted clothes and shoes.  You can easily see that Sofia’s shoes are too large for her feet.  Has the child ever worn a pair of shoes that actually fit?  I’m pretty sure she hasn’t.  The outfit she’s wearing here might be the worst one yet.  If I were a parent, I would be embarrassed to death for my children to be seen in public dressed like these children always are, but obviously it doesn’t faze BME. 😤

I would think children constantly wearing ill fitting shoes would hurt them somehow. Maybe growth of the feet, legs, posture? 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would think children constantly wearing ill fitting shoes would hurt them somehow. Maybe growth of the feet, legs, posture? 

Wearing shoes that are too big makes one walk differently to adapt to that. Your shoes should support your feet, not the other way around. It affects your feet, and can also affect knees, back, and neck.

My mother used to say, our feet are the pathway to the rest of our body. They are our foundation, after all.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I’m sure you’re right.  Add to that the malnourishment/undernourishment, and those children will be looking at a lot of skeletal problems in the future.  If you can’t afford to buy proper clothes and shoes for your kids, you shouldn’t have them, damnit!!!

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m sure you’re right.  Add to that the malnourishment/undernourishment, and those children will be looking at a lot of skeletal problems in the future.  If you can’t afford to buy proper clothes and shoes for your kids, you shouldn’t have them, damnit!!!

But they are blessings from God! No, you and Shrek had sex without BC and you got pregnant. 

And that isn't to say that a child isn't a blessing! With these people it is child hoarding. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6

she is not your SWEET friend? Guess she didn’t buy Jill anything 🙄.

Jill is looking raccoonish as ever. 

Where is Dave the HUNK? Post a sexy pic of you 2 sharing a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs at the GOOD Olive Garden.

C8E99568-CC1E-43F6-8580-C0C9B6830C19.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think the ragamuffin look is done on purpose.  If these children didn't look as pathetic as they do Jill wouldn't be able to grift as much and as easily.

Edited by wilsie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I think the ragamuffin look is done on purpose.  If these children didn't look as pathetic as they do Jill wouldn't be able to grift as much and as easy.

This is probably part of why the younger ones especially look like ragamuffins but there is also BME’s idea that as long as they look “modest” it is fine. Plus her taste in clothes is stuck in the past. The little girls most likely dress themselves with some help from an older sister but BME doesn’t really care what they look like. She’s so self centered she may not even notice the shoes that don’t fit or the clothes that are too big. She’s just awful.

• Love 10