Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
54 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She looks like an f-ing moron swimming in her clothes. I give the kids a pass because they are kids. 

I can't imagine the discomfort of jumping into a pool on a hot and humid day wearing a long-sleeved blouse, legging and a skirt.  Does Jill wash the chlorine out of the kids' clothes after they contaminate the pool, or do they just dry stiff and smelly over whatever picnic table Jill can find?  Heck, Jill probably considers this two-birds-one-stone....the kids get to swim and the pool washes their clothes for them.

I really do feel bad for the other parents at the campground who take their excited kids to swim in the pool, only to see a crazy blonde lady and several waifish children flailing in the shallow end, fully dressed, talking in high-pitched voices to one another as a Gut with Ears or a painfully thin teenage boy creepily follows them around, filming them on a phone.  It's the stuff of freaking nightmares.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm surprised they don't get banned from every campground they stay in.

Jill has a doozy of a story on her website about how they were severely persecuted at a KOA campground in 2018. She mentions that the children were left unsupervised in the game room, and they swam in the pool in their street clothes. She claimed a mousetrap in the gift shop had "violently come down on Nurie's toe." (That would likely have broken her toe, but she wasn't injured, so Jill is lying.) Somewhere else it came out that they exceeded the people they could have at the site. David (who was "defensive of his family") and Jill argued with the manager until they decided to leave/were kicked out.  

The manager, game room woman, and the people who complained about their street clothes in the pool were people who hated children, God, and modesty, according to Jill, who is never wrong. 

Jill's seething anger and overall craziness shine in her telling of events. 

Egads, I knew I remembered her claims of persecution while camping, but this is JillR at her worst. She’s a lying liar and apparently the only one who is ever RIGHT.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, smallfry said:

I would also love to know why they aren't being checked or investigated for not educating their children. 

Unfortunately, this lovely country allows parents to “homeschool” their kids without any type of standards or accountability. It’s shameful IMO. The kids are crippled for life.

8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Egads, I knew I remembered her claims of persecution while camping, but this is JillR at her worst. She’s a lying liar and apparently the only one who is ever RIGHT.

And they were blatantly lying and cheating about the number of people at their campsite . I guess she expected the manager/owner of the site to just allow that.

• Love 18

Jill is teaching her kids to feel entitled to do what they want outside their circle and to feel persecuted and singled out when other people criticize or complain. In her campground story, Jill felt the pool belonged to the Rods while they were swimming in it, and another camper invaded their swim time. What kind of logic is that?

What stands out is her barely contained rage that she can't do what God she wants, when she wants. What a miserable way to go through life, and what an awful person to have as a parent. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill is teaching her kids to feel entitled to do what they want outside their circle and to feel persecuted and singled out when other people criticize or complain. In her campground story, Jill felt the pool belonged to the Rods while they were swimming in it, and another camper invaded their swim time. What kind of logic is that?

What stands out is her barely contained rage that she can't do what God she wants, when she wants. What a miserable way to go through life, and what an awful person to have as a parent. 

I agree Jill is sending the wrong message to her kids.

But is it really rage though? Or is it just an opportunity to flaunt 'being persecuted'?

I kind of think JillR knows full well she's breaking the rules. I think she sends her kids off with fingers crossed that no one will say anything. Then when they do say something, the act begins. The act is for her kids, for the camp owners (or whoever) and for her followers. Or maybe, just maybe, she sends her kids off and hopes they'll get caught breaking the rules. Setting them up to give her a 'reason' to bitch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

For anyone who wants to read Jill's version of the campground/pool issue here it is.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3662

On the St Augustine rod invasion - not sure if they faced consequences from the NPS, but I was among many who contacted the park with the Rods names and address, as well as Nathan's name and address. I got a reply from the park saying they had many reports identifying them and were addressing it.

The odd thing about the Rod kids climbing the walls of the fort  is Jill had a previous post about when she and hubby visited the fort. Jill the history lover did not know what a watch tower was for....

"March 18, 2015

“What is that tower up in the corner of the fort?” I asked my husband as we walked around the fort in St. Augustine.
“That is a watch tower for the soldiers to stand in with a weapon and watch for enemies approaching,” he explained.
We continued on hand in hand on our walk around the fort as we looked at it with keen interest. Our travels had brought us to Saint Augustine, Florida (one of the oldest establishments in the USA) and the fort that was built in the 1700’s was a HUGE point of interest to me because I love history.
When going into the town, we were given a map. There were many tourist sites in the old town, but the MAIN attractions were those that were old. People seemed to flock to the ancient landmarks to stand in awe of their age and architect.
Why is it that the old landmarks were the main attractions? I think it is because they represent people of old and their unique lifestyles. We, as humans, are attracted to the history of the past."

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1791

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

On the St Augustine rod invasion - not sure if they faced consequences from the NPS, but I was among many who contacted the park with the Rods names and address, as well as Nathan's name and address. I got a reply from the park saying they had many reports identifying them and were addressing it

I contacted the park as well. I wonder if they ever contacted the family. My guess is no because we would have heard from Jill about being persecuted again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

When going into the town, we were given a map. There were many tourist sites in the old town, but the MAIN attractions were those that were old. People seemed to flock to the ancient landmarks to stand in awe of their age and architect.
Why is it that the old landmarks were the main attractions? I think it is because they represent people of old and their unique lifestyles. We, as humans, are attracted to the history of the past."

As opposed to the history of the future 🤦‍♀️.  I just can’t with this woman. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Kbo said:

As opposed to the history of the future 🤦‍♀️.  I just can’t with this woman. 

Well, she has an “upstairs attic”, who knew. She’s a gem.

• LOL 17
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm surprised they don't get banned from every campground they stay in.

Jill has a doozy of a story on her website about how they were severely persecuted at a KOA campground in 2018. She mentions that the children were left unsupervised in the game room, and they swam in the pool in their street clothes. She claimed a mousetrap in the gift shop had "violently come down on Nurie's toe." (That would likely have broken her toe, but she wasn't injured, so Jill is lying.) Somewhere else it came out that they exceeded the people they could have at the site. David (who was "defensive of his family") and Jill argued with the manager until they decided to leave/were kicked out.  

The manager, game room woman, and the people who complained about their street clothes in the pool were people who hated children, God, and modesty, according to Jill, who is never wrong. 

Jill's seething anger and overall craziness shine in her telling of events. 

I remember this.  Several points:

Nurie's foot got caught in a mousetrap after she shoved her foot under a display case.  The trap was not out in the open.  No reason for Nurie to have put her foot under the case either.

Jill and her umpteen kids all went swimming repeatedly in the pool in their street clothes despite signage that clearly stated that swim suits were required and street clothes were prohibited.  Other people using the pool apparently complained and she was also verbally informed of this rule.  She then claimed persecution for holding such high standards of Christian modesty.  No mention that the pool filter can easily become clogged and damaged by lint from street clothes, apparently Jesus is her pool boy.

Jill and David sent the kids to the game room which was attached to the gift shop/campsite store by themselves while they stayed in the camper with Janessa.  There was once again signage that said that all kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.  I believe Nurie and maybe Tim or NotNurie #1 were over 18 and were there with 10 younger kids.  The shop clerk told the kids to stop touching merchandise or something; Lord only knows what they were doing.  There was no mention that they actually had money to play games or purchase anything, it sounded like they were sent there to waste time away from JRod and Chunky.  The clerk, I believe, asked them to leave when it was clear that they weren't buying anything.  From the looks of it, it was a small store and having 12 kids wandering around annoying paying customers was not conducive to business

They were staying at a KOA campground and Jill proudly told us that they had reserved their spot and were taking a much needed vacation and the management had no right to tell them to leave.  KOA has campground rules on their website.  One of them is that there may only be 8 or 10 people total at any single campsite at any time.  We all know that there is no way that the Rods paid for a second campsite.  So, from the moment they arrived, they were breaking the rules and ignoring the rights of others.  We saw their site and they had laundry hanging all over the place outside and multiple picnic tables pulled next to their camper.  It is no wonder the manager told them to leave.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Nurie's foot got caught in a mousetrap after she shoved her foot under a display case.  The trap was not out in the open.  No reason for Nurie to have put her foot under the case either.

Jill and her umpteen kids all went swimming repeatedly in the pool in their street clothes despite signage that clearly stated that swim suits were required and street clothes were prohibited.  Other people using the pool apparently complained and she was also verbally informed of this rule.  She then claimed persecution for holding such high standards of Christian modesty.  No mention that the pool filter can easily become clogged and damaged by lint from street clothes, apparently Jesus is her pool boy.

Jill and David sent the kids to the game room which was attached to the gift shop/campsite store by themselves while they stayed in the camper with Janessa.  There was once again signage that said that all kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.  I believe Nurie and maybe Tim or NotNurie #1 were over 18 and were there with 10 younger kids.  The shop clerk told the kids to stop touching merchandise or something; Lord only knows what they were doing.  There was no mention that they actually had money to play games or purchase anything, it sounded like they were sent there to waste time away from JRod and Chunky.  The clerk, I believe, asked them to leave when it was clear that they weren't buying anything.  From the looks of it, it was a small store and having 12 kids wandering around annoying paying customers was not conducive to business

They were staying at a KOA campground and Jill proudly told us that they had reserved their spot and were taking a much needed vacation and the management had no right to tell them to leave.  KOA has campground rules on their website.  One of them is that there may only be 8 or 10 people total at any single campsite at any time.  We all know that there is no way that the Rods paid for a second campsite.  So, from the moment they arrived, they were breaking the rules and ignoring the rights of others.  We saw their site and they had laundry hanging all over the place outside and multiple picnic tables pulled next to their camper.  It is no wonder the manager told them to leave.

But rest assured that when it’s heathens breaking rules, she’s all about “law and order.”

• Love 17

This was on their way back from dropping Tim off at one of his attempts at school. Nurie was with the kids at the gift shop/game room, but Jill didn't mention that she had put Nurie in charge. Jill just dumped them in the store and probably took a nap herself. Anyway, Jill's explanation was that obviously the clerk was part of a culture with a HEAVY dislike for children, viewing them as a bother instead of a blessing. 

This from JILL RODRIGUES, a woman who can't be bothered to buy enough groceries to feed her children, who can't be bothered to educate her children to be employable, who can't be bothered to get a job but instead drags her children around in a van not designed for a dozen people so the children can sing at churches for money and food, and a woman who can't be bothered to be upset that her husband sits around the house all day because he chooses not to support his family. 

Well, at least Jill doesn't love and value pets more than kids. She sold the family cat at a yard sale in West Virginia. 

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm sure they would have been fine with modest swimwear. But Jill is a moron. She digs being persecuted.  She really doesn't know Jesus, does she? 

• Love 16
On 3/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, ozziemom said:

anyone who isn’t doing what BME wants, is unworthy of her attention

And are also ungodly, heathenish sinners.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jill probably considers this two-birds-one-stone....the kids get to swim and the pool washes their clothes for them.

Bahahahaha !

• Love 2
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Heck, Jill probably considers this two-birds-one-stone....the kids get to swim and the pool washes their clothes for them.

Shoot, kill three birds with one stone! Swimming, “washing” clothes, and taking a bath. Win! (Not)

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
Just now, Westiepeach said:

Shoot, kill three birds with one stone! Swimming, “washing” clothes, and taking a bath. Win! (Not)

And wash your hair !

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Well, at least Jill doesn't love and value pets more than kids. She sold the family cat at a yard sale in West Virginia

Lucky cat.

Jill doesn't give a damn about history.   Or else she would not be surprised that the old part of St. Augustine is the most popular.   The entire POINT of that long story was to get the line in there about holding hands with her HUNK.   Cause she gets to hold hands with a BOY.   

I swear these people are mentally stuck at 16.   Which explains all the fascination with sex and looking up to your man and the man loving being the headship.

• Love 20

JRod has new videos posted of her and the baby.  Please, check out the way she’s talking to and acting with Baby Nemo. The nutjob needs to be institutionalized.  Also, the last thing she needs to be doing is homeschooling any child, much less 13 children.  She slaughters the English language every time she posts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Who left the kids unsupervised in the game room?   Not the campground's job to keep track of their kids.    The parents are ALWAYS responsible.   Oh who am I kidding, she saw a chance to dump her kids on someone else and got mad they wouldn't take them.

If I remember correctly, Jill said that she and GWE were in the stink bus “resting” when all of that took place in the game room/gift shop. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

And why is Valentine’s Day so important to the church anyway? Hint, it’s not, just an excuse for the Rods to perform and get free food.

Free vday dinner for Jilldo 

it’s all about Jilldo 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Free vday dinner for Jilldo 

it’s all about Jilldo 

I’m sure JillDo would have insisted that Hunk take her out to the Good Olive Garden for VDay dinner to show her how much he loves her, no? Anything else would be unacceptable.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I’m sure JillDo would have insisted that Hunk take her out to the Good Olive Garden for VDay dinner to show her how much he loves her, no? Anything else would be unacceptable.

I don’t remember where they went, but BME and GWE had a Valentines date night before they went on the road. Nurie probably was told she had to be a good Pastor wife and have a banquet for the visiting Rods.

• Love 5

Nathan and Nurie should have invited his parents as well and just called it, meet/host the preacher's families. Then when they come ever year they won't need an excuse to have, feed the Rods day.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

That was so odd.  Delay Valentine's so Jill could be there to be center stage and be fed.  I hope the congregation pushes back on that kind of thing.

Oh god, they are going to do this for Easter too, aren't they?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Those little girls look so sad.

I would be sad to having those two abusive pieces of shit for parents and living such a God awful stifling life. Christ drank wine and danced at weddings. I think He knew the balance between faith and enjoying life. These people don't and they drag their littles down. Even the stupid Duggars have more fun. 

• Love 20