Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Trillium said:

She’d cry FAKE NEWS if she did. Every KJV worshiper acts like that was the version bless by Baby Jesus himself in the manger. Any other version is literally liberal garbage in their POV. When I was a teen in the early 90’s there was a family in youth group and their mom was the leader and she made it no secret that the KJV was the “correct” one and the NIV (the one our new pastor used) one was changed to be more modern. Even 13 year old me knew that was bullshit.  They eventually left because of how modern the church was becoming, because NIV and the worship service was not entirely old hymns. You know, because Jesus and the disciples  definitely sang Old Rugged Cross at the last supper. 

Ironically, the “liberal” versions are probably MORE accurate when it comes to the original text than the KJV. The NIV, I know, used the Dead Sea Scrolls in their translation, which were some of the oldest texts known when they were discovered. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Ironically, the “liberal” versions are probably MORE accurate when it comes to the original text than the KJV. The NIV, I know, used the Dead Sea Scrolls in their translation, which were some of the oldest texts known when they were discovered. 

My favorite is the New Jerusalem translation.  It seems very well documented.  It was the textbook for a Bible class when I attended a Lutheran college, and I have just sort of stuck with it. I think it is the official Bible translation of the Anglican Church of England, but I might be wrong about that.   It really is a shame the Rodrigi will never have the opportunity to explore and learn.  Worse yet, they actually don't want to learn.  They would rather feel superior and look down on the rest of us.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s the Where’s Waldo of earrings…….

Screenshot from a video:

4229EB4A-368F-4891-83BE-5B7BC0E2F9B2.jpeg

The Not Nurie on the left is so over this.  It’s like she knows the earrings are cheap and ugly and is so embarrassed to be sitting there trying to sell them.  My heart aches for those kids.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, Kaylee's not engaged yet. I kind of think that Jonathan may have bailed. 

I hope not, but I've been thinking the same thing.  Who in his right mind would like MBE for a mother-in-law (in-love).  It shows he at least has some smarts.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You may be right. I have a hard time believing that BME wouldn't have violated boundaries posted photos by now of Kaylee's valentine's gift from Jonathan with a spiel about how blessed BME is to have such a godly man courting her daughter. Or maybe he did send Kaylee a gift and BME is fuming that he didn't get her a gift too. Rookie mistake, Jonathan.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill would hate me, I read the Catholic Bible. 

Made me wonder who would she hate more—someone reading the “wrong” Bible  or someone who doesn’t read any Bible?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

Made me wonder who would she hate more—someone reading the “wrong” Bible  or someone who doesn’t read any Bible?

I think she'd consider them equally bad. The wrong word of God vs. no word. In her mind, if it's not her way, it's the highway.

• Love 5

She'd likely hate me the most because I think any version of the Bible contains many stories akin to walking uphill both ways in the snow to school and catching a fish this big, in addition to stories of absolutes about situations that are anything but. But that's just me and the way I'm wired and at times I find myself envious (not of JillR) of folks who find comfort in the Bible and their faith.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She'd likely hate me the most because I think any version of the Bible contains many stories akin to walking uphill both ways in the snow to school and catching a fish this big, in addition to stories of absolutes about situations that are anything but. But that's just me and the way I'm wired and at times I find myself envious (not of JillR) of folks who find comfort in the Bible and their faith.

What? You don’t think Noah’s Ark was real? And don’t believe virgins can get pregnant? 🤣

• LOL 9

Oh my, you all think JillR is clueless, classless, heartless and tone deaf, you need to see Katie Bates' IG story. The first two fames are about her MIL who broke her back horseback riding on vacation. The rest of the frames are shilling fake eyelashes. 

• LOL 14
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill hasn’t deleted all the wonderful pictures, so he’s probably still around, long distance.

• Love 8

That was the guy who gave Nurie the gum and then scrammed? I think he had not sufficiently romanticized life within the Rod circus, so decided not to stick around. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣   (JillR + big words usually = a few chuckles, so there's that.)

Screen-Shot-2022-02-17-at-7_00.28-AM.thumb.jpg.d7cdafa2b7bf8ec5f048cf3fe21d5d49.jpg

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

What happened to the job and apartment near the Rods that Jonathan (Kaylee's beau) had secured months ago, according to Jill?  Generally, if people get a job and an apartment, they move since these things don't just wait forever. Either something is wrong, or Jill lied again.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What happened to the job and apartment near the Rods that Jonathan (Kaylee's beau) had secured months ago, according to Jill?  Generally, if people get a job and an apartment, they move since these things don't just wait forever. Either something is wrong, or Jill lied again.  

I vote for "something is wrong." Because, this is JillR.

If we weren't talking about JillR, I might think that Jonathan strongly requested that he not be featured in the Rods' (i.e., Jill's) social media, and his prospective mother-in-law respected his wishes. In that case he might be living and working in Ohio but not dragged into the Rods' SM posts. 

However, this is JillR. The woman who happily aimed her iPhone and recorded her son-in-law Nathan when he was PREACHING A SERMON IN CHURCH AGAINST THE EVILS OF SOCIAL MEDIA USE. And then posted the video. (ETA: It could have been still photos, I don't remember, but she did post it.)

Narcissistic oblivious JillR. I'm trying to imagine a circumstance in which she would not plaster any demonstrations of affection from Jonathan to Kaylee all over social media - from a gift of gum to a greeting card to flowers to treating Kaylee and her parents to dinner. And, I'm failing. Also, if he were living locally, even if she didn't spotlight him hanging out with Kaylee, you'd think he'd at least appear randomly in all the group photos and videos JillR posts, and I don't think we've seen much of him, have we?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16

I feel bad for Kaylee if the courtship ended. But I wouldn’t blame Jonathan for seeing the light. Jill posted a picture with Jonathan’s aunt captioned “almost family.” Things will be awkward if there’s no engagement. Jill doesn’t learn from her mistakes. After Nurie’s first courtship failed she should have kept her mouth shut. 

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, SMama said:

I feel bad for Kaylee if the courtship ended. But I wouldn’t blame Jonathan for seeing the light. Jill posted a picture with Jonathan’s aunt captioned “almost family.” Things will be awkward if there’s no engagement. Jill doesn’t learn from her mistakes. After Nurie’s first courtship failed she should have kept her mouth shut. 

Maybe Jill has buckled under the pressure of making sure AndKaylee's courtship doesn't fall apart. She's too dense to understand what she does wrong, but perhaps she can follow a simple instruction to avoid mentioning Jonathan until Kaylee has a ring. 

How is Jill going to pay for this wedding? AndKaylee needs a dress, and Jill has to find another party to crash to supplement the FlavorAid and crackers she'll serve at the wedding. Buying or grifting an ill-fitting used dress is easy enough, but coordinating an event to invite herself and the hoard to is a challenge even for BME. 

Jon and Kaylee wrote their names on a door in the Barndo's upstairs attic. If the marriage doesn't happen, Jill will nail Jonathan to that door. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill has buckled under the pressure of making sure AndKaylee's courtship doesn't fall apart. She's too dense to understand what she does wrong, but perhaps she can follow a simple instruction to avoid mentioning Jonathan until Kaylee has a ring. 

I'm trying to imagine who could possibly apply any pressure to Jill about anything - because she knows it all and Jesus loves her best and she has no filter. It's possible that David isn't as oblivious as he seems, and may have said something to her about not going overboard and waiting till the ring's on the finger.

I can't think of anyone else she would listen to. I don't follow her on FB, but from what's been shared here, she doesn't listen to anything other than praise and flattery of herself. She's gotten into arguments on SM with other Christians. So maybe David has talked some sense into her - perhaps after some pushback from Jonathan and/or some of his family. I still suspect something is wrong, as I posted above, but she's probably desperate to get her kids married off which could make her susceptible to words of wisdom from her beloved Hunk. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I can't think of anyone else she would listen to. I don't follow her on FB, but from what's been shared here, she doesn't listen to anything other than praise and flattery of herself. She's gotten into arguments on SM with other Christians. So maybe David has talked some sense into her - perhaps after some pushback from Jonathan and/or some of his family. I still suspect something is wrong, as I posted above, but she's probably desperate to get her kids married off which could make her susceptible to words of wisdom from her beloved Hunk. 

From what I’ve read about them David can be as clueless as his wife. Didn’t they leave (or were asked to leave) a church after David criticized them for not being strict enough? Those kids are doomed. 

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Or maybe he did send Kaylee a gift and BME is fuming that he didn't get her a gift too.

I am 100% convinced that this is what happened.
Poor kid, he'll soon learn.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Who is paying for Rods 25th wedding anniversary party extravaganza? 

Maybe it will be a dual wedding haha.

If J bailed we will not hear anything anytime soon.

If that not!Nurie is getting a ring soon I put money on Jill insisting the wedding happening on her(no mention of Hunk) anniversary day because it would be so super special and then proceed to pressure the not!Nurie into sharing her special day with a vow renewal for Mama too(no Hunk mentioned here either). What could possibly be better than being the mother of the bride, the matron of honor AND a vow renewal bride. I mean, it's like Jill's wet dream to get that much attention just for her(not Hunk)

*no Hunks were harmed when coming up with this scenario

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If that not!Nurie is getting a ring soon I put money on Jill insisting the wedding happening on her(no mention of Hunk) anniversary day because it would be so super special and then proceed to pressure the not!Nurie into sharing her special day with a vow renewal for Mama too(no Hunk mentioned here either). What could possibly be better than being the mother of the bride, the matron of honor AND a vow renewal bride. I mean, it's like Jill's wet dream to get that much attention just for her(not Hunk)

Well, their anniversary is a Tuesday this year and 8 months off*, which is an eternity in their world. Perhaps NotNurie #1 will be spared.
*I sadly know this because their anniversary is the day before mine

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

IF THIS WERE TRUE… BME would, of course, buy herself a brand new wedding gown - and veil - for her 25th anniversary vow renewal and, NotNurie, if she were getting married, would have to do with a garage sale wedding gown (or wear Nurie’s wedding gown because it must be an heirloom by now?) because, after all, the day would be all about JillDo.

AmIRite?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The only positive about this scenario is that Jill will be highly motivated to grift as much food, money, and as many gifts for the day as possible because she will be the star. Kaylee will get spillover, which is about the best a Rodlet can expect. If Kaylee has a wedding that focuses on just her and Jonathan, Jill is not going to expend much effort unless she figures she will benefit from impressing Jonathan's family. 

*Jill's Hunk is a lazy, useless waste of space. Let your imagination run wild. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wasn't Nurie's wedding reception kind of a crashing of the Sr. Keller's anniversary celebration?  So it would "make sense" that Non-Nurie and her husband would take a backseat at "their" reception.  Those poor kids.

Yep. Totally crashing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nurthan got married approximately 13 months after announcing their courtship. If J&K get married on Jill's 25th anniversary, about 13 months will have passed since they announced their courtship.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3