Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Personally, I think the Ms. Fundie Frump USA contest is made up of women who are: 

1) too worn out to put forth any effort (I feel sorry for those women)

2) too financially strapped to afford anything that can't be found in the Goodwill bin, (also feel sorry for)

3) showing off their Susie Homemaker skills by sewing their own frumpers. Sacks require a neck hole and two arm seams. (don't feel sorry for show offs who make everything a competition)

4) they used to have a cute body, but are so worn out by back to back pregnancies, that their body is shot, therefore everyone must cover up so they all look shot, *cough Michelle cough*

5) controlling husbands, *cough Mr. Seewald)

6) it's the 'rule', *no pity there, either*

7) they're frumpy and unattractive anyway, so why bother to be anything else, (sad, but a lot of these people are just not attractive - note FLDS women - the gene pool needs to spread)

8) very few truly take Biblical modesty to an extreme from a sincere heart and focus on 'inner beauty.' (I actually think the Wallers and Keller's both look this way, but none of them are inbred ugly, either. Just dorky looking)

Maybe #7 could even stretch to explain how they enter the movement in the first place.  "I'm too homely to compete, better go to a group where they're going to be out looking for and towards my "inner beauty".

• Love 3

We finally have UP and I'm binge watching the Bates. Woah Kelly knows her kid's names, she spends one on one time with each child! She encourages them to go to COLLEGE. Oh my I'm about to faint from how much more modern, loving and  normal they are!!!

• Love 6

We finally have UP and I'm binge watching the Bates. Woah Kelly knows her kid's names, she spends one on one time with each child! She encourages them to go to COLLEGE. Oh my I'm about to faint from how much more modern, loving and normal they are!!!

Fundie college or real college

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAus3mbAqSM/

Poor Princilla! They are still fixing up that god-awful, holey house!

By the way, every time I pop into the David loves Princilla.com website, I just can't help thinking how junior high it sounds.

I loved Priscilla gushing over how the self storing pods were such a blessing.  I guess when things are down you look for a silver lining anywhere you can find it. Poor Pris.  

• Love 2

The blessing of the storage pods.  When you watch her explaining it - and the pods are such a blesssinggg. And she's speaking like she's out of her mind as usual stuck at age 10 and you know she's never going to grow up but stay in never never land forever.  Her kids are going to have to think she's out of it when they get older, but no, they'll be 'trained' like the rest of the cult to think it's completely normal. As Mr. Fabulous flaunts his utter superiority over her.  

• Love 2

On Jill Rodrigues FB page she is talking about embarking on a 7 week stink bus tour and being funded by their sending agency the Maranth Baptist Church.  Too bad.  They just got moved into a house finally, and the husband just got his tract printing business set up in his garage.  Not a full time job, certainly, but a lot of expensive equipment.  Those poor kids just off the bus very recently and off they go again.  12 of them, sleeping in bunks, drawers, the floor, and I imagine from the looks of them eating very little.  I guess the good folks at the churches they visit will feed that tribe of unfortunates.  That's not a good life, IMO.  It seems like a life of grifting and putting up with Jill's attention seeking behavior.  Poor kids.  Settle down and let mommy do a neighborhood playhouse gig, and let the kids have some space.  Refugees are not put up in such accommodation.

• Love 4

Who is the good looking gal with the short hair in the back.  She really looks great.

So tired of all the long hair weighing the women down.  

That's Brandon's sister who walked though DC with Michael on the engagement scavenger hunt. Her hair is up; I recall it being shoulder length or just a hair longer. Still short by fundie standards, though. 

• Love 1

Except for needing to sit up, I think Micael and her bridesmaids look very pretty. They're wearing real dresses and have hair like 80% of the college age girls I see these days. From what we've seen of her, Michael doesn't come off as frou frou prissy pretty as Erin, or as wannabe fundie Playboy model makeup Jessa, so the styled but breezy looking hair and natural makeup suit her personality.I bet they're actually wearing real shoes, too.

• Love 4

Just wait until you see the full design of Kelly and Erin's dresses. Hideous does not even begin to describe them! Even Erin couldn't save that mess. Kelly just looked ridiculous, as would any 50 year old woman wearing a dress intended for a young woman in her late teens/early 20's. 

• Love 3

I have trouble seeing (hence don't catch a lot of my typos) but what I've seen of the dresses is a shade of unflattering sand for Erin, the mom, and flower girls.  However my HUGE complaint is that they look like a family of hunchbacks, including Brandon's sisters who aren't related to the others.  These people don't do a lot but weddings, so you'd think they'd get a clue about pictures, or the photographers would.  TLC was there for crap's sake.  Somebody could tell them to ditch the Quasimodo look.  

Michael really, REALLY should have gotten a trim and professional blow-out before the wedding. It's not a good look when the bridesmaids outshine the bride.

Looks like she didn't even brush it. It has that just-rolled-out-of-bed look.  As if they got in a wedding-night tussle early and she had to rush to the photograph.

I bet you can blame the photographer for the hunchbacks.  That isn't the kind of pose most people would pick.

Maybe it's the new fashion for group photos. It reminds me of that department-store shower picture that... was it Amy? ... had. All her guests were bent over to the point that they looked as if they needed a mass restroom break but had been stopped in their tracks by the photographer.

A couple of these folks look kind of similar to that.

• Love 3

It's probably one of those trends we can't wait for it to end.  Obviously the current crop of photographers missed the lesson that no one wants their rear stuck out in a formal photo. 

Oh, well. At least about 30 years from now family photo collections will have a bunch of group shots that make everybody laugh. Is that Aunt Brittany there on the left? I'm not sure. But whoever it is, she really looks ridiculous!

• Love 2

I bet you can blame the photographer for the hunchbacks.  That isn't the kind of pose most people would pick.

Libby Zellon was also one (of a few) photographers at both Jill and Jessa's weddings. Her work, when compared with the other photographers', was decidedly inferior. And that's being nice. 

• Love 1

I like the pink dresses but yes as the other poster stated, Erin and Kelly's were HORRIBLE. Ugly color and even uglier design. Erin is gorgeous but that color does not suit her at all. Wonder if Micheala did that on purpose.

Jana and Alyssa look beautiful. 

It would  be very interesting to see what these families (parents, mainly) would look like if they woke up one day with an average, mainstream attitude towards personal grooming and style. The women (well, and the men) of David Keller's family appear to have no make up; the Duggars appear to be compensating for that. I imagine they'd be barely recognisable if they all did a 'normal' job of their hair, makeup and clothes.

• Love 1

Michael's wedding airs this week. I wonder how much air time the Duggars will get.

Jana-Duggar-Bridesmaid-670x438.jpg

I did think it was interesting - I briefly watched a Bates episode where Michael was preparing for the wedding, and she mentioned her wedding party, yet didn't mention Jana was in the wedding. It was like this elephant in the room. I'd be interested to hear if Jana was even shown in the episode. Producers are obviously pretty good at making sure she's not.

• Love 1

Production probably did purpose to hide Jana's countenance from filming, and not because the lord laid it upon their hearts. If Jana is under contract with TLC, she may have a clause that prohibits her from filming for another network without TLC approving and getting some sort of compensation. No competition/exclusivity clause. Same may go for the Bates appearing in TLC.

I don't think Michael seemed spiteful enlighten to out Erin in an unflattering color.

• Love 3

I like the pink dresses but yes as the other poster stated, Erin and Kelly's were HORRIBLE. Ugly color and even uglier design. Erin is gorgeous but that color does not suit her at all. Wonder if Micheala did that on purpose.

Jana and Alyssa look beautiful.

There was a shorter, but still modest version of the pink dress. Why Michael chose long dresses for a mid-August wedding in Tennessee is beyond me. They all must have been stifling.

• Love 1

Yes, her hair is a wonder of nature.

It was like checking out a car wreck when I watched this episode. I kept rewinding to look at her hair esp the " up do" bangs. I'm trying to figure out the best dressed in that picture. I give Michael a pass cuz she didn't realize it was going to end up being her proposal when she headed out that day. But the rest......

• Love 2

It was like checking out a car wreck when I watched this episode. I kept rewinding to look at her hair esp the " up do" bangs. I'm trying to figure out the best dressed in that picture. I give Michael a pass cuz she didn't realize it was going to end up being her proposal when she headed out that day. But the rest......

Her bangs left me feeling a little curious.

Micheal was very careful when talking about her bridesmaids on the show. She said it was a mixture of "my sisters, Brandon's sisters, and a very good friend." She might have even made "friend" plural, so as not to make people think she didn't have more than one. However, the only non-family person in her wedding party was Jana. 

Who's the guy on the right?

And what is his purposing with the woman in front of him?

The one with such a tight blouse she might be defrauding!

LOL! That is Gil & Kelly, Michael's parents. But it's okay - there married. ;)  And apparently married Fundies can purpose to do whatever they want to do with their Willies. At least according to The Marriage Bed. Gil might be purposing to do the "I hope no one knows" fantasy.

• Love 1